New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default A little psion help?

Ok so I am making a psion npc for my party. They requested the character but my problem is...I've never messed with psionics before. I have used power points for normal casters before but never the actual psionics. The character is a home brewed gem dragon. It's not crazy powerful about on par with wyrmlings. It is large sized. And tips for the psion. Basic tips. I have read through all the psion handbooks I can find. I'm just looking for a Lil help. Like what would be better a shaper or egoist. And how best to use their powers.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: A little psion help?

Change of plans idk how to delete post. Lol

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Well... that's not much information to go on, but you should probably invest in UPD (Use Psionic Device) to be capable of using Power-Link Shards. These things are VITAL for a psionic character, 'cause the give you +2 Power Points to a power you are manifesting and allow you to go beyond your ML, but you cannot implant more than you have ML.

For a class, well, Psion is great. Personally, I like Telepaths. You know, because of Schism, Metaconcert and Psychic Chirurgery, the last one allowing you to learn all other Powers, provided you find someone who is willing to help you with that.

Edit: To delete a post, click the edito post button. There should be an option there.
    Last edited by Name1; 2016-09-08 at 08:27 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Name1 View Post
    Well... that's not much information to go on, but you should probably invest in UPD (Use Psionic Device) to be capable of using Power-Link Shards. These things are VITAL for a psionic character, 'cause the give you +2 Power Points to a power you are manifesting and allow you to go beyond your ML, but you cannot implant more than you have ML.

For a class, well, Psion is great. Personally, I like Telepaths. You know, because of Schism, Metaconcert and Psychic Chirurgery, the last one allowing you to learn all other Powers, provided you find someone who is willing to help you with that.

Edit: To delete a post, click the edito post button. There should be an option there.
    Lol I have no idea what any of them powers do.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Belzyk View Post
    Lol I have no idea what any of them powers do.
    They're all in the SRD.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Belzyk View Post
    Ok so I am making a psion npc for my party. They requested the character but my problem is...I've never messed with psionics before. I have used power points for normal casters before but never the actual psionics. The character is a home brewed gem dragon. It's not crazy powerful about on par with wyrmlings. It is large sized. And tips for the psion. Basic tips. I have read through all the psion handbooks I can find. I'm just looking for a Lil help. Like what would be better a shaper or egoist. And how best to use their powers.
    The discipline you go for entirely depends on fluff. All psions ultimately have access to all the powers with a little creativity. However, as a GM, and since you are doing this for a crystal dragon, a shaper makes more sense than anything else.

If you give us the starting psion level aand party composition, I can recommend some powers to take.