New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Drowlbearwolf I: The Scimitar-Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by GAAD View Post
    Well in that case GAAD. That's the other half of the mythology gag!

And while we're doing mythology gags, by my random guess there are three (3) drowlbearwolves.
    Are you implying that Xihirli is a Gaad?
    I... I couldn't resist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GAAD View Post
    Well in that case GAAD. That's the other half of the mythology gag!

And while we're doing mythology gags, by my random guess there are three (3) drowlbearwolves.
    *le gasp* How could I forget! AvatarVecna, to get my traditional stupidity out the way early.

Also, to play devil's advocate, since this the first game in awhile I've seen where the narrator didn't get killed Night Zero by wolves...maybe there are no wolves?

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #123
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Well, then I'll D1 vote Ramsus, but Xirhirli rarely gets away with claiming devil, so why should Ramsus?
    Last edited by norman250; 2016-09-28 at 02:14 AM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

ImperatorV seems like he's up to something. Wait, we're drow, that's standard.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by norman250 View Post
    Well, then I'll D1 vote Ramsus, but Xirhirli rarely gets away with claiming devil, so why should Ramsus?
    Because I said to not vote for me, obviously! Sheesh. Some people don't pay attention huh?

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Ramsus, for voting for the Devil.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Because I said to not vote for me, obviously! Sheesh. Some people don't pay attention huh?

Well, I can't argue with that, seeing as how it's true. ImperatorV, then, seeing as how they continued with a joke which has now been done several times. Might just be an easy way to technically vote D1 while still sliding under the radar.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Lex-Kat, one of the least active people.
    The Greatest Threads Of GiantITP (in my opinion):
    A story of the exact wrong way to run a campaign.
    The best thread derailment of all time.
    The "canonical" list of Mostly Useless Magic Items.
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

Working on a laptop connected to the Internet is like writing on a typewriter welded to a circus. -Unknown

My Nexus character

9. - Top - End - #129
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Missed this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Socks View Post
    What I meant was that I used a random number generator (random.org) to pick my vote.
    Cool. So is your vote for the first round decided randomly and you're done? Or was that just a placeholder?

Eggel. Because of FC's callout. I'm also open to voting FC (callout could be in bad faith) or Ramsus (for obvious reasons).

10. - Top - End - #130
    Pixie in the Playground

@Bobb: The D1 meta round these parts tends to be that several people, often the majority, settle for a random vote for the day. It's not really out of the ordinary and the habit is fairly deeply ingrained. Just something to keep in mind. We usually get a few light wagons and have to draw our conclusions from that the next day.

Incidentally, let's put Bobb in the town pile for now, for genuine (or at least genuine-looking) investment in town's effectiveness.

As for your vote, what about FC's callout is convincing enough for you to vote Eggel? Also what are the obvious reasons for voting Ramsus?
    Carthago Delenda Est

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
    Also what are the obvious reasons for voting Ramsus?
    Ramsus claimed Devil. How seriously you wish to take this claim is a matter of personal opinion.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #132

Well, if we're getting rewarded for copying Xi's actions, Ramsus could actually be the Devil.
    Show
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    Well, if we're getting rewarded for copying Xi's actions, Ramsus could actually be the Devil.
    Well, the (first? I don't remember if there was more than one) time Xihirli claimed devil, she was actually a villager.

Feel free to guess whether Ramsus is actually copying that. I think I'll leave that question for now, personally.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow11615 View Post
    Eggel, because I don't trust Fleeing Coward enough to not vote for Eggel.
    Love your logic! Fleeing Coward, because he's my nemesis.

Not sure I follow the logic here.
    See, Shadow knows that Fleeing Coward is not to be trusted, a well-earned lesson I'm sure. So Fleeing Coward's non-vote for Eggel, while claiming to be just a villager, makes Shadow rightly more suspicious of Eggel. *nods* Makes perfect sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobb View Post
    So FC (presumably?) wants Eggel dead. I've gathered FC has a.... reputation for hairbrained schemes and such so is it foolish to say Eggel and FC are probably on opposite teams and therefore a great pair of candidates for lynching?
    Fleeing Coward is a devious player that should never be underestimated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniccups View Post
    Lex-Kat, one of the least active people.
    Yes, vote Lex-Kat! She's the Devil! Not that Ramsus guy. He's obviously just after the gold!

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

15. - Top - End - #135
    Colossus in the Playground

Excellent point. Lex-Kat it is.
    Last edited by Kish; 2016-09-29 at 03:23 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136

PirateGuy

@Pelican. thanks for the run down. I kind of jived that from reading the entirety of the latest duck hunt game and was wondering if black socks was running that play this game. I still am asking BS if their vote is final or not.

For this:
    As for your vote, what about FC's callout is convincing enough for you to vote Eggel? Also what are the obvious reasons for voting Ramsus?
    Nothing particularly compelling from FC that I would vote for Eggel over him. His lack of an actual vote doesn't help things. I voted for Eggel because Black Socks "random" vote for FC eleven posts after FC's name drop probably wasn't actually random. So I think BS and Eggel are on the same team and FC is not on that team. If Black Socks says he knows FC is wolf or he knows Eggel is town I'd be inclined to switch my vote to FC. Basically trying to force commitment from the 'random' voter.

My original excitement from FC's claim is that I think one of FC and Eggel is definitely a wolf and 50-50 is great odds for getting a wolf turn one.

And yeah, my only reason to vote for Ramsus would be his devil claim. I'd much rather get one of Eggel and FC.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

@Pelican. thanks for the run down. I kind of jived that from reading the entirety of the latest duck hunt game and was wondering if black socks was running that play this game. I still am asking BS if their vote is final or not.

For this:

Nothing particularly compelling from FC that I would vote for Eggel over him. His lack of an actual vote doesn't help things. I voted for Eggel because Black Socks "random" vote for FC eleven posts after FC's name drop probably wasn't actually random. So I think BS and Eggel are on the same team and FC is not on that team. If Black Socks says he knows FC is wolf or he knows Eggel is town I'd be inclined to switch my vote to FC. Basically trying to force commitment from the 'random' voter.

My original excitement from FC's claim is that I think one of FC and Eggel is definitely a wolf and 50-50 is great odds for getting a wolf turn one.

And yeah, my only reason to vote for Ramsus would be his devil claim. I'd much rather get one of Eggel and FC.
    I made a random vote as a placeholder. From my POV, there is not enough evidence yet to lynch anyone. If a convincing argument is made, I will change my vote.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

18. - Top - End - #138

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    "I am the Alpha!" She announced, and the last of the drowlbearwolves who had been created by Dr. Drizz'lstein agreed by cowering.
    The Alpha Wolf is a little girl. That does seem to point to Lex-Kat.
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

19. - Top - End - #139

For this:

So, why is it 50-50 between FC and Eggel? Why does one of them have to be a wolf?

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    that Ramsus guy. He's obviously just after the gold!
    Hey now. I was just offering to help out anyone who felt having gold was bad at my own personal expense account

21. - Top - End - #141

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tanar Aerdoth View Post
    So, why is it 50-50 between FC and Eggel? Why does one of them have to be a wolf?
    Because FC claims Eggel is a wolf.

Either:
    1) It's true. Eggel is a wolf.
    2) It's false. FC is a wolf.
    3) It's false. FC is also not a wolf.

I can explain and believe both 1) and 2) pretty easily.

3) Is harder to understand and explain.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Colossus in the Playground

I think the amount of weight you're putting on what shows every sign of having been a joke post, including Fleeing Coward not voting for Eggel himself*, is...well, if I'd ever seen anyone be a wolf in their first game here I'd be voting for you.

*Just in case anyone is thinking in terms of "staying off the wagon to avoid the Beast," check the rules: The Beast's kill will hit a completely random villager. Not having any part in the Beast's death is no protection in this game.

23. - Top - End - #143

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Black Socks View Post
    I made a random vote as a placeholder. From my POV, there is not enough evidence yet to lynch anyone. If a convincing argument is made, I will change my vote.
    Thanks for the info.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

well, if I'd ever seen anyone be a wolf in their first game here I'd be voting for you.
    Just commenting on this: I was a wolf my first game on this site, and I've noticed at least a couple other people who were as well (including, IIRC, Xihirli). Still, I haven't been around very long, or very often, so it's probably just a small coincidence that I noticed due to not being around very much. Newbie saying they don't see he point of A accusing B of wolfdom when A does not think A or B is a wolf is not necessarily a sign of wolfdom in Newbie, just a sign that they're still kind of inexperienced.

My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #145

PirateGuy

I think the amount of weight you're putting on what shows every sign of having been a joke post, including Fleeing Coward not voting for Eggel himself*, is...well, if I'd ever seen anyone be a wolf in their first game here I'd be voting for you.
    So how do you separate the jokes from the not jokes?

Everyone else who's answered my question about FC's actual intent has told me he is cunning but not that his post meant nothing or was a joke. Avatarvecna challenged FC on his statement as well. What am I not seeing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Just commenting on this: I was a wolf my first game on this site, and I've noticed at least a couple other people who were as well (including, IIRC, Xihirli). Still, I haven't been around very long, or very often, so it's probably just a small coincidence that I noticed due to not being around very much. Newbie saying they don't see he point of A accusing B of wolfdom when A does not think A or B is a wolf is not necessarily a sign of wolfdom in Newbie, just a sign that they're still kind of inexperienced.
    I come from a different mafia culture for sure. In my world (in person games) accusing someone of being a wolf is a big deal. An "If I'm lying I'm dying" sort of deal.

I guess I need to adjust to all the audacity here. I'll stand by the FC thing not being a joke though. Did you think it was a joke? I did not get that impression from your question for FC.
    Last edited by Bobb; 2016-09-28 at 01:40 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground

"X is a wolf!" is to be read as "I belive X is a wolf. Trust me, i am town."
    It is the three step way:
    1. Point at someone
    2. Say why you point at someone
    3. Convince everyone that you are not a wolf yourself

But not this day...
    Day one is driven by:
    RandomNumberGenerators
    -preexisting traditions like 'Mursca is allways a Wolf' or 'Kish hasn't killed a manson jet' or 'Fleeing Coward is more scummy than all wolfs together'
    -jokecomments

27. - Top - End - #147

So how do you separate the jokes from the not jokes?
    In this case, it was at the start of day 1 when FC would have no way of knowing who could be a wolf, unless they were a wolf themselves.

I guess I need to adjust to all the audacity here.
    It's only day 1. Things will get more serious as the game goes on.

- - - Updated - - -

Since everyone has only 1 or 2 votes right now, I'll bring Pelican to 3.

Vote count
    Pelican 3
    Eggel 2
    Fleeing Coward 2
    flat_footed 2
    ImperatorV 2
    Lex-Kat 2 3 (Correction)
    Duck999 1
    Silent_Interim 1
    Generic-Guy 1
    GAAD 1
    Ramsus 1
    Last edited by Tris; 2016-09-29 at 12:14 AM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

What is a mason network?
    The Greatest Threads Of GiantITP (in my opinion):
    A story of the exact wrong way to run a campaign.
    The best thread derailment of all time.
    The "canonical" list of Mostly Useless Magic Items.
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

Working on a laptop connected to the Internet is like writing on a typewriter welded to a circus. -Unknown

My Nexus character

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sniccups View Post
    What is a mason network?
    There is no manson-network.
    It is not for anyone who isn't manson. They all know each other and are knowing that they are no wolfs.
    At least in a usuall game. They got from time to time a funny twist, like the brotherhood Banner/Mansons...

The core is: a bunch of people that can trust each other.

30. - Top - End - #150

It can also include people who the masons know are town.