New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by PK-Leon View Post
    "Moltres? As in the legendary bird Moltres?".
    Occult Edu: 3 http://orokos.com/roll/474313

Ken's face lights up and his serious look disappears in the excitement. "Yeah that exact one! I want to find it and see it because of how it helped Blaine out of the mountain range he got lost in. Also because it's one of the legendary Fire types!" Ken continues to stay lit up talking about Moltres.

Ken looks back towards the counter then back to his friends. "Family legacy huh? Well don't worry we'll be doing a lot of sight seeing while we're out and about!" Ken lets out a big smile and a thumbs up. "You'll definitely be worthy of their legacy. No questions about that!"

"You're gonna go far man, no question about that either. Every battle will make us all stronger." Ken turns serious again. "Not having a specific goal is awesome in its own right. Tell you guys what, we won't stop until our dreams are reality!" Ken settles down a bit seeing he got a little excited. "What do you say?"

2. - Top - End - #272

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Roguewolf View Post
    Ken's face lights up and his serious look disappears in the excitement. "Yeah that exact one! I want to find it and see it because of how it helped Blaine out of the mountain range he got lost in. Also because it's one of the legendary Fire types!" Ken continues to stay lit up talking about Moltres.

"You're gonna go far man, no question about that either. Every battle will make us all stronger." Ken turns serious again. "Not having a specific goal is awesome in its own right. Tell you guys what, we won't stop until our dreams are reality!" Ken settles down a bit seeing he got a little excited. "What do you say?"
    Spoiler: Occult Edu. Roll
    Show

I thought that Moltres was supposed to be a legend?

"I'm in." he leans back in his chair and takes another bite of the bar. "I left Fuchsia in search of an answer and I won't stop until I find it!"

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

After Cassandra speaks Tyson adds, "You're right. We've already seen a lot and we only just started our adventure. I'm looking forward to Viridian Forest. Your grandparent's legacy?"
    "Yes," Cassandra says, leaning back in her chair. "I haven't passed the trials necessary to know what's within the temple they protect. That's why I'm on this adventure. The first step is to have my own powers as an Oracle grow, and my grandfather suggested that I take on the gym circuit. The journey itself will help, if nothing else. After that, I guess I'll find out what the true first trial is."

4. - Top - End - #274

AssassinGuy

"Wow," Ken looks on in surprise, "that's actually pretty awesome!" He turns directly to Cassandra. "Speaking of, from now on I promise to do my best not to cause trouble. Also to be a bit more serious about things."

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

30 minutes later....

Ken, Tyson, and Cassandra:

beep boop

Will a Cassandra Kelani please come to the front desk? The intercom echoes throughout the center.

Once at the desk, Nurse Joy motions for the giant pink thing to give you your egg back. It waddles around the counter to you and stands there, nuzzling the egg while she talks to you. "We ran a full diagnostic and didn't find any problems with the baby. It should hatch within the week. Good luck on raising your new pokemon! we've also provided a recommended diet and care instructions for a newborn."

With that, the pink pokemon stops nuzzling the egg and hands it to you, squealing with profound loss. It sighs and pulls out a scrap of paper from it's pouch and hands it to you as well.

6. - Top - End - #276

NinjaGuy

"An oracle?" he asks, brow raised. "I think I've heard of that before..." his voice trails off.

"You have powers? Like, a psychic or something?" Tyson seems genuinely interested.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

"An oracle?" he asks, brow raised. "I think I've heard of that before..." his voice trails off.

"You have powers? Like, a psychic or something?" Tyson seems genuinely interested.
    Cassandra blushes a deep red. Her voice drops a little lower so that the other trainers will have a harder time hearing her. "Kind of. I can... see the future. Sometimes. My visions are a little confusing though. Grandma says that they'll clear up the older I get. I'm also learning bone divination. I'll have to show you when we make camp sometime. Here is a little too... public. I can show you what I use though."

She digs down into her bag and pulls out a worn leather pouch. Inside it are about twenty chips of white wood each a few inches long covered in occult symbols. "This was my grandma's first set."

8. - Top - End - #278
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lys looks at the Purrloin. She hadn't really thought about picking it up, more metaphorically than literally considering the cat in her arms.

"Well...never really considered myself too much of a cat person."

She gives a sidelong look at Teeth, panting maybe a little too innocently.

"But..."

She shrugs.

"I guess if it wants to."

Then puts the Purrloin back down on the ground.

9. - Top - End - #279

NinjaGuy

"So you're the real deal huh? Never would've guessed it..." he says looking from the oracle to the wooden chips.

"I'll make sure to sit in on one of your divinations sometime then. Can't imagine someone who'd pass up a glimpse into the future."

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Lysandra
    Show

OOC: If you want it, bop it with a pokeball and make a catch roll like normal. If you don't, go ahead and leave it.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Party:

OOC: The story/timeline will advance to just after Zippo being returned to Ken when I get home from work, if you want to do anything else during the 'downtime' do it now/next 3 hours.

this includes any wonky timeline stuff you want to handle.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Time's Up!

Several hours later....
    Ken, Cassandra, and Tyson:

Beep Boop

Will Tyson, Ken, and Cassandra report to the main desk if they are in the building?

The echo from the PA hasn't even faded before your poke-gear buzzes, you flip it open and the tiny window has green text in it. YOUR POKEMON ARE FIGHTING FIT, PLEASE REPORT TO THE LOCAL POKEMON CENTER!

Arriving at the front desk, Nurse Joy slides a tray across the counter with your pokeballs in it. "You're pokemon are fighting fit! Take care, and come back soon!" She offers cheerfully before consulting with a nearby giant pink pokemon that's pulling several scrips of paper out of it's pouch.

Spoiler: Status:
    Show

any pokemon with 3 or fewer injuries is at full health, 0 injuries
    any pokemon with greater than 3 injuries has the remainder left, but is at it's full (reduced) hit point total (Zippo.)

You are now in the Viridian City Pokemon Center, with your team full-up and ready for more! .... what do you do?

13. - Top - End - #283

AssassinGuy

Ken takes his pokeballs out of the tray and places them on his belt. "Thank you so much!" He smiles at the nurses.

"Sorry for the hold up. Where would you guys like to go next?" He smiles at his friends and slings his bag back on.

Outside the Pokémon Center, Ken will let Zippo out of his pokeball and set some bandages in him if there aren't any already from the Center. "Glad to see you buddy!" He gives Zippo a big hug.
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2017-01-12 at 08:58 PM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Once they're outside, Cassandra will release Raum and Reks. The Nidoran's ears flick in annoyance as the devil dog barks and runs around his trainer's feet. Reks squeaks as Cassandra picks him up and set him on her right shoulder so he can use her backpack to stand on. He looks around, enjoying the new view.

"I think we should probably go ahead and get our supplies. The nurse gave me a recommended diet for my new pokemon when it hatches, so I would really like to pick that stuff up."

OOC: What time is it? If it's dusk or nighttime, Cassandra will keep an eye out for ghost-types as they walk.
    Perception: Spending an AP to boost- 17

15. - Top - End - #285

NinjaGuy

Tyson takes his pokeballs and reattaches them to his belt. "Thanks Nurse Joy!"

An idea hits him. "Hey Nurse Joy, I've got a question for ya'. You must treat a lot of Pokemon on a daily basis, especially those belonging to natives of Viridian City. Do you know of any yellow, electric type pokemon that live in the area with brown stripes across their tails? I ran into one near the old gym but it got away before I could register it with my pokedex."

After Joy's answer...

"Thanks again! I'll be sure to check in again before setting off for Viridian Forest."

Upon leaving the Pokemon Center Tyson releases Kasumi and Jet from their pokeballs. Kasumi takes her regular place on Tyson's shoulder while Jet stands near his feet, quietly watching the other pokemon.

"Pickin' up supplies sounds good to me. Might even find some pokemon along the way if we're lucky."

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2017-01-13 at 08:18 AM.

16. - Top - End - #286

AssassinGuy

Ken reacts for another snack for Zippo. "Here you go best buddy, you can take it easy for a while. I'm really sorry." Zippo starts eating the food, chittering between bites as though he is asking why Ken is even apologizing. Both have the same behavior of getting excited and fired up after years of being together.

"Supplies it is then!" Ken looks at the other Pokemon wandering around. "Needle will enjoy getting out some more. Get him used to everyone too." With that Ken releases Needle from his pokeball. The Nidoran takes his place at Ken's feet, just like a protective shadow. "Welcome back!"

"Yeah maybe we'll find some new ones, hopefully no more Murkrow." Ken feels a cold chill creeping up. "So you said that egg came from the river? Any idea what might be inside? Congratulations early by the way!"

OOC: Ken will keep an eye open for new Pokemon on the walk.

Show

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

When the other Nidoran appears, Reks growls at him from his perch, stalking across Cassandra's shoulders like an angry cat. A stern word from her quiets him.

"Sorry about that Ken. Like I said before, I'm still working with him." She blushes a little. "As for the egg, I found in the river that we had to cross to get to Viridian. It was floating on the lilly pad of a Lotad, and I was afraid it was going to fall off, so I waded out to the middle of the river to get it. Based on the coloration of the egg, I'm pretty sure it's going to hatch into a Pawniard."
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2017-01-13 at 08:59 AM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Party:
    Answering Cassandra's question: it is approximately 7:00 PM

Cassandra:

When Reks hears your 'working on him' comment, he snorts and looks away loftily. But after a few moments he chitters excitedly to himself as he looks around from his new vantage point.

Spoiler: Do you see what I see?
    Show

It would appear that the greater human traffic in the main part of the city doesn't discourage pokemon from moving about, if anything, it's far more populated than the ruins of Giovanni's Gym...

during your trek to the local poke-mart, you observe the following...

A handful of pidgey are perched on and around a park bench, scraping and pecking at left over seeds, breadcrumbs, and the like.

down an alleyway, in the shadows, you see an ambulatory, cohesive purple sludge that seems to be patting the wall with one oozing appendage.

lying in that same alleyway, leaning up against the wall in a small alcove, is an ornate scabbard with a sword in it, the sword has a wide blue sash attached to the pommel.

Above you, a solitary murkrow wheels and caws, it doesn't seem to be paying extra attention to you.

Open everyone else's spoilers

Tyson:

Joy considers your question for a moment. "It sounds like you're describing a Pikachu, an adorable little electric mouse, but they live in the forest to the north, there usually aren't too many just roaming free in the city, people nab em up. it's possible its a stray or was abandoned."

Spoiler: Sight Beyond Sight!
    Show

during your brief trek to the local poke-mart, you observe the following...

you pass near a grassy park-like area... a small, pale-skinned humanoid pokemon with an oversized, ridged head is trying to retrieve a fist-sized object from a murkrow, which has it clutched in one talon and is leaping back and forth over the other pokemon, cawing in delight.

Ken:

Spoiler: SPOT!?
    Show

Oh my gosh, Zippo is just so adorable! look at the way he devours those snacks, squeaking in delight.

perhaps overly distracted by your adorable companion, you do not notice any pokemon on your trip to the pokemart.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Something down the alleyway catches Cassandra's attention. Her eyes widen considerably, as if she can't believe what she's seeing. "I'm gonna go see what's down here," she mumbles.

Pokemon Edu: 16

OOC: Party is free to follow if they want.

She will attempt to skirt by the Grimer to that wonderful Honedge.

Intuition through Mystic Senses to appear non-threatening to the Grimer: with an AP boost- 18

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Cassandra:

Spoiler: Cassandra's Poke knowledge
    Show

The ambulatory sludge is, indeed, a grimer.
    The sword is shaped suspiciously like a Honedge
    The Humanoid pokemon from Tyson's spoiler is a Tyrogue

The Grimer waffles around to look at you, but seeing you trying to skirt past it, it ripples and faces the wall again, now that you're right behind it, you can see that it's caulking its own excretions onto the wall. you don't understand the design it's making...

reaching the alcove, the honedge looks... unkempt, it's sash is frayed and it's scabbard is coated in grime. A tattered whicker hat lies in the trash of the alley nearby. A large bubble is rhythmically inflating and deflating from the hilt.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Cassandra creeps closer to the Honedge, ignoring the... interesting hat. "You're up Raum. I'm trying to catch this one, so don't fry it too bad, okay?"

Raum's Initiative: 12

If Raum is first he'll growl and spit a ball of flame much smaller than normal at the sword. He's obviously heard his trainer and is keeping a close eye on how much power he's using.

Spoiler: Rolls and such
    Show
    Raum uses a Special Fire-Typed Struggle Attack!
    To Hit: 7
    Damage: 21 minus Special, so... with type effectiveness, 31.5?

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Cassandra:

The snot-bubble pops, and the Honedge's single eye opens up, glaring at you and Raum. The frayed slash grabs hold of the scabbard and the business end of the pokemon appears, it's blade is spotless and reflects brightly in the alleyway... it strikes at Raum, hurling the devil-dog back against the far wall of the alley for 25 Damage vs. DEF!

OOC: Honedge's No Guard activates, neither pokemon can use it's evasion.

The honedge is badly scorched and wavering wildly in midair. it flickers, almost as if it's trying to disappear.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

"I'm not letting this one get away!"

Cassandra throws a Pokeball!
    To Hit!: 20!
    Catch Roll: 52

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

The pokeball slams into the Honedge's single eye, knocking it back, but the energy field catches it before it hits the ground.

the pokeball drops into the dirt and thrashes wildly, rolling and spinning before, almost petulantly, coming to a stop at Cassandra's feet.

Spoiler: Click.
    Show

HONEDGE WAS CAUGHT
    Level 5, Male, Quirky Nature, No Guard Ability

if you check the hat at all, you find a tag inside that says 'Yojimbo'

Last edited by big teej; 2017-01-13 at 01:34 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295

NinjaGuy

"Listen up you two." Tyson says to Kasumi and Jet as the group walks through Viridian. "I'm gonna need your help okay? We're looking for a pokemon; a yellow mouse with brown stripes. Wouldn't hurt to have someone on the team who's got an advantage against Murkrow. You've got it's scent Jet so I'm gonna need you to track it down for me if you can and we'll need your eyes Kasumi. So the both of you stay sharp."

During the walk something in a nearby park catches Tyson's eye. "You've gotta be kiddin' me...", his brow furrows.

When Cassandra says that she's leaving the party Tyson does the same. "Give me a minute. I've gotta take care of something!"

He darts off toward the two pokemon in the park pulling out his pokedex to register the being pokemon bullied. He looks around the park searching for the presence of more Murkrow nearby.

Show

"Yo! Pick on someone your own size! Get'em Kasumi!"

Spoiler: Quick Attack on Murkrow
    Show

Jet growls low when it sees the Murkrow, his hair standing on end.
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2017-01-13 at 01:43 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
    "Sorry about that Ken. Like I said before, I'm still working with him." She blushes a little. "As for the egg, I found in the river that we had to cross to get to Viridian. It was floating on the lilly pad of a Lotad, and I was afraid it was going to fall off, so I waded out to the middle of the river to get it. Based on the coloration of the egg, I'm pretty sure it's going to hatch into a Pawniard."
    Ken kneels down and pats Needle. "No need to apologize. Reks must have been the leader of his pack or something." He chuckles a bit. "That Lotad must have thought it was a Delibird, trying to deliver eggs!" Ken can't keep the laugh down. "Pawniard huh? That's going to be awesome."

While walking, "Maybe we really should check a weapon shop for an Aegislash or it's other forms." Ken has a serious look that's hard to tell if he's joking or if it was just an unconscious thought. As Cassandra and Tyson say they'll be right back in a second, Ken will look at Zippo and Needle. "Guess they found something. At least we can let you out to walk some now Needle!" Needle chirps a bit in a happy tone. After a couple moments pass, Ken will call out to them. "What did you find?"

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Ken, OOC
    Show

it's not like they walked out of sight, Cassandra disappears down an alleyway that you all walk past, and Tyson is over in a nearby 'natural area'

Party, OOC:

I'll get a full post up in the near-ish future.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Tyson:

The Murkrow, taken totally unaware by the tiny frog, is thrown to the ground by the attack. The bird squawks in panic and flails about, flinging the shiny object in it's claw into the dirt. It staggers to it's feet and takes off, flying away into the city.

Spoiler: Ping!
    Show

Originally Posted by Pokedex

Tyrogue, The Scuffle Pokemon, The unevolved form of Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, and Hitmontop, it's small body is full of energy.

The humanoid scrabbles in the dirt for the shiny object and holds it to it's chest glaring at you suspiciously.

Spoiler: Tyson's Perception
    Show

you don't see any other murkrow in the area
    Last edited by big teej; 2017-01-14 at 11:00 AM. Reason: I blame the player for distracting me

29. - Top - End - #299
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler: Booping a Purrloin on the nose!
    Show
    9 (ah ****...) orokos.com/roll/475038 ]

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

OOC: you know low numbers are good right?

the purrloin disapears into the pokeball, it wiggles in your hand slightly before clicking shut.

Spoiler: CLICK!
    Show

Level 4, Female, Patient, Unburden Ability, Loyalty 4 because food and affection