New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pta 907 (ic)

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Pta 907 (ic)

Having weathered the rise and fall of Team rocket Kanto has seen few changes since the fall of infamous crime ring. With only some overall growth coming from contact with the other regions and small domestic advances Kanto remains a largely static region with Saffron city being the only major exception. Saffron city has grown in recent years, mostly due to it's centralized location within the region of Kanto, but the recent opening of a inter regional contest house in the city has brought the city firmly into the worlds eye.

Raina has come to Saffron from Vermilion to investigate the contest hall. She's been in the town before while traveling with her parents so she's able the find the new building fairly quickly. when she gets there she finds Mandy just finishing up a battle with what looks to be a 10 year old trainer right outside the hall itself. it seems that Mandy has been challenging young trainers as they try to get into the contest hall.
    PTA Character Sheets

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Pta 907 (ic)

Raina looks around the street, there seems to be a small group watching the young girl battling the contest hopefuls. That girl looks decently skilled, however. Raina approaches the contest entrance, and approaches the young girl. Move aside I'm entering the contest, and so is anyone else here that wants to.
    What ho, Cheerio.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

As Mandy turned toward the voice, Mankey climbed up her shoulder and sized up the new comer,. She was definitely older, seeing as how she towered over her. "Chill out, I'm not stopping you. As for the younger contestants, I am simply helping them realize that they need to train a lot harder if they want to be worth anything. There is nothing wrong with assisting others with their training. " said Mandy as she plastered on her best innocent smile.
    Last edited by FrostyMonkey; 2016-09-13 at 12:35 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Battle power isn't everything. Raina seamlessly whip out my pokedex and scan the girls mankey.Knowledge can easily over power strength. Not everything is decide by strength. If you want proof I can show you in with her in here. Raina releases a little sandshrew and walks into the contest hall.
    Last edited by Buickmaster; 2016-09-13 at 01:53 AM.
    What ho, Cheerio.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

Mandy looked around at the people still gathered around the witnessed the scene, "What are you all standing around for, the show is inside." As the crowd dispersed, Mandy could sense Mankey's agitation. "Be patient, we will put that new comer in her place soon enough and teach her not to stick her nose where it doesn't belong." whispered Mandy to Mankey as they entered the hall.

6. - Top - End - #6

BlackDragon

A group of younger people, who'd been turned away by Mandy earlier, follow Raina into the contest hall. The entryway of the hall opens into what appears to be a reception area. There are two receptionists behind the main counter which is settled into an alcove between two staircases which lead to a balcony where there are people milling about they seem to have just left some kind of event. It would seem that a contest recently ended and the people on the balcony were the audience currently make there way out of the stands and out into the hall.
    PTA Character Sheets

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Raina walks up to one of the receptionists Um... I'd like to enter my sandshrew into a tough contest, her name is Storm, she's... she's never competed before and neither have I.
    Last edited by Buickmaster; 2016-09-13 at 07:27 PM.
    What ho, Cheerio.

8. - Top - End - #8

BlackDragon

The receptionist smile's in greeting, "Oh a newcomer that's great, we haven't had many locals coming in since we opened. Most people just want to watch the foreign stars compete live on stage. I'll need you to fill out some paperwork to register and I need to see your sandshrew, we've had problems with high level competitors selling Pokémon who have already won ribbons to newcomers. I'll just be running Storm through our database to see if they've competed before, you understand I'm sure."
    She hands you a packet of papers then holds out her hand for Storm's pokeball
    PTA Character Sheets

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Storm jumps up on to the reception table and curls into a little ball (she is still decently young and low level so smallish). Raina giggles a little That's cute storm but I don't think that'll work. Raina returns storm to her ball and hands it to the receptionist.
    Last edited by Buickmaster; 2016-09-14 at 04:00 AM.
    What ho, Cheerio.

10. - Top - End - #10

BlackDragon

The receptionist laughs at Storms antics and accepts the Pokeball, putting it into a machine. As Raina finish's up the paperwork the receptionist hands storms ball back "You're all clear I'll put your name and information down on the list for the next normal rank tough contest." she enters your information her computer before looking back at you with a pleasant smile. "It looks like the next available slot for that type of contest is 2 pm tomorrow will that be ok?"
    Last edited by Cormag81; 2016-09-14 at 04:08 AM.
    PTA Character Sheets

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sure Raina smiles. Is there anywhere I can get some more information on contests and what effects performance?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trying to get my char to learn about poffins and berries and ****.
    What ho, Cheerio.

12. - Top - End - #12

BlackDragon

"Sure" The receptionist reaches below the desk and pulls out a pamphlet "This is a beginners guide it covers the basic rules of contests, how to make poffins, which flavors of berry's are best for each type of contest and some basic examples of each" she hands you the pamphlet.

"Is there anything else I can help you with, another contest to register for perhaps?"
    PTA Character Sheets

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nah I'm good Raina walks to a seat and starts studying the pamphlet, committing it to memory.
    Last edited by Buickmaster; 2016-09-15 at 03:47 AM.
    What ho, Cheerio.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

When Mandy entered the building, she realized that despite having spent many days outside the doors fighting other trainers, she had never actually been inside. Mandy located an open receptionist and approached. "Have you seen a girl, about half a foot taller than me, that entered with a shandshrew?"
    Last edited by FrostyMonkey; 2016-09-15 at 10:48 AM.

15. - Top - End - #15

BlackDragon

The receptionist look up as Mandy approaches "Yes actually she's over there" she points at Raina on a bench "she a friend of yours?"
    PTA Character Sheets

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

"Excellent, and no. She challenged me to a battle outside. Can you set it up so that I battle her first. I would rather not have to go through the tier stuff. If someone is going to crush her, it's going to be me. "
    Last edited by FrostyMonkey; 2016-09-15 at 10:49 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17

BlackDragon

"Well she did register for a normal rank tough contest for tomorrow at 2. If you wanted to compete against her I'd need you to fill out some registration paperwork and allow me to examine the Pokémon you would like to enter. Of course I would also have to reschedule her time since she was the final entrant into the 2 o'clock contest so there wouldn't be space for both of you. As such I'm gonna need to here from both of you that you would like to compete against one and other in order to reschedule her." She looks at you questioningly as she realizes the phrasing of your statement. "You do realize this is a contest hall not a Pokémon gym? we don't have battles here if you and that young lady are in some sort of dispute I'll have to ask you to take it outside."
    PTA Character Sheets

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

"What, this isn't even a gym!? Then why are there so many people here? I didn't think that contests were actually a thing still. This is absurdly ridiculous. " Sensing Mandy's agitation, Mankey jumped on to the counter and stared down the receptionist. Mandy turns towards the older girl and yells "Hey! You with the shandshrew! Come here!" Returning to face the receptionist, "Give me the forms and we shall get this all sorted out. "
    Last edited by FrostyMonkey; 2016-09-16 at 01:38 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Raina looks up from her pamphlet. Hmm? Do you need something from me? (Stays seated)
    What ho, Cheerio.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

"You wanted to so this, so we are going to do this, no matter how ridiculous it is. So come here and do whatever this lady needs of you."
    Last edited by FrostyMonkey; 2016-09-16 at 01:36 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21

BlackDragon

The receptionist looks more perturbed by Mankey's antics but is trying to remain professional regardless "Here's your paperwork, now if you'll fill that out while I explain the situation to miss Raina here I'm sure we can get this all worked out." she turns to Raina and explains that it seems Mandy would like to compete against her in a contest.
    Last edited by Cormag81; 2016-09-16 at 02:21 AM.
    PTA Character Sheets

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, if there are still slots open in the contest tomorrow then wouldn't she be able to fill one of those slots? If there isn't however I fear she'll have no possibility to challenge my sandshrew.
    What ho, Cheerio.

23. - Top - End - #23

BlackDragon

"Unfortunately no, you filled the last slot in that contest so in order for the two of you to compete against one and other you would have to reschedule. Luckily it looks like the next available contest that meets those requirements is on Thursday (the day after tomorrow) at 11 am."
    PTA Character Sheets

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Raina looks at little girl.
    What ho, Cheerio.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

"What are you looking at me for? You are the one that started this, and we are going to do it. " Mandy turned towards the receptionist and took the paper work. Carlos, who is still standing on the counter, turned his glaze towards the new girl and picked up a cup containing pens off of the receptionist's desk, resulting in the cup's contents being dumped out. " Aww, I don't think that Carlos likes you. " Mandy then starts petting Carlos and giving him praises. " You are such a good Mankey. " Once Mandy finishes praising Carlos, she picks up one of the scattered pens and starts to fill out the forms

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Raina sighs Making trouble for bystanders. shakes her head I guess I'll have to put you in your place Thursday it is. Raina stands up from her chair and walks out of the building.
    What ho, Cheerio.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

I would like to go to a visitors center, or the pokemon center any where where I can Do the Homework about the surrounding wild areas.
    What ho, Cheerio.

28. - Top - End - #28

BlackDragon

Mandy
    The receptionist glares at Carlos and begins cleaning up the spilled pens which pokemon would you like to enter into the contest.

Raina
    You find a visitors center near the airport that has guides as to the basic wild pokemon you can expect to find on the routes of Kanto

Spoiler: homework on what?
    Show
    Not sure what your trying to accomplish here since wild rolls are never affected by stats so increasing your int/wis won't affect how the wild roll will go. If you have a specific wild pokemon in mind and you want to increase stats for tracking it down specifically you would research the pokemon in question not the area around where you are
    PTA Character Sheets

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Raina attempts to use her research to help her find sour flavored berries in the area surrounding the city.
    Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    [Roll]1d20+6[/Roll] +3+3
    Last edited by Buickmaster; 2016-09-18 at 12:52 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30

BlackDragon

Raina sets out to find some sour berries, using her recently acquired intel about them she manages to find some of these.
    While she's gathering up the mature berries a couple of pidgey flutter down near her. They aren't overtly hostile and seem more interested in the berries then in you.
    Spoiler: roll test
    Show
    (1d20+6)[20] 1234567890
    Last edited by Cormag81; 2016-09-18 at 01:07 AM.
    PTA Character Sheets