New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Huh?" Illus says. "Um, no, Master Ossian. But I'm really bad at hearing things, so, I dunno. Where's it coming from?"
    Last edited by Urzamax; 2016-10-02 at 02:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    Warning! The typical D&D game concerns itself with and may contain racial and class-based stereotypes, poaching, xenophobia, religious fanaticism, mindless violence, illegal behavior, frequent bard-on-tavernmaid action, and animal cruelty. Player discretion is advised.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Reunion of the Old Guard (IC)

Ossian

There's that sound again.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

"Really? What sound, Master Ossian? Wait, is this like the Doom of Vlaria, when you fought a dire bat in pitch darkness? That's so cool!'
    Silvaeus sighs. "Wait, you used those boots of yours to get here, didn't you? Blast it, they're likely out of magic now, aren't they." He releases Patience's arm and abruptly turns to the right, gesturing for her to follow. "I have scrolls of Sending in my study. You can use them to contact her, then--" he pinches the bridge of his nose, where his spectacles sit when he puts them on for reading, "You can stay the night, for old times sake. I suppose it can't be any worse than hosting Alric for longer than five minutes."
    Last edited by Urzamax; 2016-10-02 at 03:14 PM.
    Warning! The typical D&D game concerns itself with and may contain racial and class-based stereotypes, poaching, xenophobia, religious fanaticism, mindless violence, illegal behavior, frequent bard-on-tavernmaid action, and animal cruelty. Player discretion is advised.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Urzamax View Post
    "Really? What sound, Master Ossian? Wait, is this like the Doom of Vlaria, when you fought a dire bat in pitch darkness? That's so cool!'
    Silvaeus sighs. "Wait, you used those boots of yours to get here, didn't you? Blast it, they're likely out of magic now, aren't they." He releases Patience's arm and abruptly turns to the right, gesturing for her to follow. "I have scrolls of Sending in my study. You can use them to contact her, then--" he pinches the bridge of his nose, where his spectacles sit when he puts them on for reading, "You can stay the night, for old times sake. I suppose it can't be any worse than hosting Alric for longer than five minutes."
    "I will repay you for you hospitality, Silvaeus. That is my promise to you.
    "Well, if I'm going to contact Millenya, I'll need to get her off my trail. When she shows up at your doorstep, (and as you have guessed, she will) I'll write her a letter with a fake address for your butler to hand her, because she wouldn't ever leave without a lead, I taught her better than that. "
    as she speaks, she conjures an illusory parchment and quill small enough to float in her sharp-nailed, rose-colored palm, which disappeared in moments.

"I think one scroll of sending will suffice, but I might also require a scroll of nondetection as well, because odds are likely that the shrew is using my crystal ball to search for me. You have such a scroll, I pray?"
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2016-10-02 at 04:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jette View Post
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.
    <<Cynthia the Witch by me. she's a nice gal, I promise!

My player Resume, for potential DMs to read over.

My Extended Signature

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Silvaeus steps into a room with shelves covering each wall, which are themselves full of cubbies holding dozens of tightly-rolled scrolls and mysterious codexes, and summons a ghostly blue hand which deftly extracts one branded with the word "Sending".
    He returns to Patience and looks her dead in the eye. "Yes. I have a scroll of Non-Detection. My home is thoroughly warded against scrying. But I'll not let you use it," he says flatly. "And I'm certainly not about to let you involve me or my estate in any ridiculous schemes you might concoct. You are going to take this scroll," he says, handing it to her, "and you will use it to apologize, not to lie. If you truly wish to repay me, then undo this mess you're in without splattering it onto me."
    He nods sternly and goes into the scroll room, which apparently is also his study, adding "I am going to do some scrying of my own. To reach your room, take the first flight of stairs on your left and go up to the third floor."
    Last edited by Urzamax; 2016-10-03 at 10:42 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Patience scowls at Silvaeus for attempting to take the moral high-ground. "After all the time that they clean up this city and work for it, You still don't know the Natushim at all, do you?" Patience defends, trying to explain to Silvaeus that his idea of "The Right thing to do" is ineffective. "We are a stubborn, cunning folk. we don't take "no" for an answer. And saying "I'm sorry" doesn't work without proof."

Patience preaches her life's lessons further. "If anything, An apology letter to Millenya will raise her suspicions, and get her here with even greater haste. Is that what you want? Frankly, it would be so much easier to just misdirect her..."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'm not expecting Silvaeus to buy any of that, but Patience does speak truth here. If patience just says "I'm Sorry you can't come, (but/because) _____", then Millenya will be even more determined to find Patience. I'm starting to think it might not be the worst thing that could happen, if you want it to. I don't think she would actually be able to fend for herself, or have worthy combat abilities for this quest, but MAN, can she scold people, like a 12th level paladin...
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2016-10-03 at 03:31 AM.
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.

My Extended Signature

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Silvaeus says, softly, "This isn't about what is easy, Patience. If it was, we wouldn't be having this conversation."
    And now Patience is speaking to a closed door. A very nicely carved door, but still a closed one.
    Last edited by Urzamax; 2016-10-03 at 10:40 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"Alright lad, listen and listen close." Alric said to the nearest servant once he'd been shown to his room. "I know that yer master is a prissy lil' fruit gobbler, but I require sustenance for a proper person, no' a treehugger. So yer gonna bring me 7... no, 12 haunches of meat. Lamb, or oxen or something. No horse. Horse meat tastes like owlbear dung sprinkled with cinnamon. Blech!" he made a face of disgust as he said it, then continued on before the poor servant could get a word in edgewise.
    "Oh, and I'll want some bread with it, and some cheese. And I want the good cheese. the older and stinkier the better. None of that curdled market crap. And a barrel o' mead. Don't need to bring a mug. Got it? Good, now hurry it up, I'm starvin'" He finished his order, then closed the door in front of the servant. Afterwards he looked around at the room he had been given. Most of the fine commodities got nothing more than a derisive grunt from the old savage, but his gaze stopped as it came to rest on the fine feather bed. Looking around once more to make sure he was alone, and then pulling the curtains in front of the windows for maximum privacy, he then promptly leapt over and threw himself on the matress with an almost orgasmic groan of delight.
    "Oooh by the hairy balls o' all male gods, this is so damn comfyyy...." He muttered to himself as he relaxed and sank into the feathery, soft underlay. While he spurned most trappings of civilisation and loudly advocated the wild, simple life, he had one terrible secret he could never have others know: He absolutely loved sleeping on feather matresses. Nothing could compare. Though, as I said, no one could ever know.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The first thing each of you hears the following morning, coming into each room in succession hardly an hour after sunrise, is Illus' voice: Brighter, louder and far cheerier than he or anyone else should rightly get to be this early in the morning. "Oh my Talos, I can't believe that Uncle Silvaeus asked me to wake you! Such an honor! If there's anything you need, let me know! Please please please let me know! But right now, Uncle Silvaeus needs you to come downstairs and have breakfast with him."
    Then he rushes off to wake the next person without letting you get a word in edgewise.
    Last edited by Urzamax; 2016-10-09 at 11:04 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Bugbear in the Playground

Imp

"UGGGGGG." Seymour groans, stumbling into the breakfast room, and collapsing in a chair. "Good gods, Silvaeus, why are we up at such an unholy hour? The morning should be for sleeping at our age."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Almost as if it was by instinct and not rational thought, Illus' cheery wake up call was immediately answered by the old barbarian, suprisingly spryly and very much naked, jumping out of the bed, turning around and heaving it towards the door in a very obvious attempt at throwing it at the offending intruder. The results were alarming. The old mans bony body bulged with long forgotten musculature, and the large oaken bed actually, against all odds, rose from the floor and above his head. It was at this moment that the reminders of his age returned with a vengeance, however. Red-faced with exertion and just about to throw the furniture, Alric's visage abruptly paled as a loud crack resounded from his back. He immediately dropped the bed down beside him in a shoddy heap, only to fall flat on his stomach, howling and cursing so vilely it would make a demon redden from embarrasment.
    "By all the unholy hells and their misbegotten bastard keepers, I am in so much pain! WhyyyYY am I in so much infernally owlbear fornicatin' pain!!?" His blood shot and (almost) tearful gaze of impotent fury fell on the doorway. "Yoouu, you damn pointy eared little imp humpin' son of a starved seacow! You did this! I'm gonna break you, and find a monster that eats with it's anus so I can feed you to it, just because being eaten the normal way is too good for you!"
    It cannot be said that much of the cursing made much sense, which in turn made sense when considering how much pain the old man was in. But it WAS creative.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Illus stands open-mouthed with shock for a moment, then claps wildly. He winces at the pop and moves as if to hurry to Alric's side, but then Alric starts cursing, and he instead whips out a quill and parchment and apparently starts taking notes, although he also turns bright red from the tips of his ears to the ends of his fingers.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

At Illus's wake-up call, Patience wakes up from a terrible nightmare, only to realize that she is innocent, and safe, in her room.
    Except....
    This wasn't her bed.
    She cussed under her breath in a most infernal tongue when she realised that Elf Jr. was still talking (not as blasphemously as Alric had a few minutes prior, but she swore nastily nonetheless)
    Then moments later, he was gone.
    She struggled to get out of bed, when she realised that Millenya wasn't there to help her like she usually was, she tried again, but ultimately her body strength has failed her. She turned her head to the door.
    "kid... Hey kid! Help me up! KID!"
    She got no answer, and her blood began to boil.
    "I said..."
    "HELP MEH UUUUUHHP!!!"

As she screamed with fangs exposed, a flock of birds scattered from the nearby shore, as the house shook from the very foundation at her loud call.

My Extended Signature

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Hrothgar was already up, although in the middle of his morning routine when the young Elf came to rouse him. He dismissed him with a wave of his hand. When he heard the belly-aching of his compatriots, he sighed heavily. He thought to go attend to them, but decided against it. He couldn't be there to get them out of bed every day, now could he.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Ossian's

dreams did not allow for much sleep. The young Elf finds him visibly red and covered in sweat. When invited downstairs Ossian tries to stand straight and unbothered, smiles and replys

Please lead the way.

Once the Elf's back is to him he winces in pain and wipes the sweat from his brow.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Patience's yell brings Illus running, as might be expected from anything which was only a little less ground-shaking than an earthquake. He takes a moment to bow to Ossian before he goes, though.

"Oh My Talos Mistress Patience! I'm so sorry! But also that was so awesome!" The youth comes to her bedside and takes her arm, then stares at it like he doesn't know what to do with it.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

In a delusional fit,
    Ossian
    forgetting where he is and his purpose there, arms himself and rides "Rocinante" to where he last battled the forces of the Queen
    You will taste steel, tyrant! .

Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The last place Ossian faced the forces of the Queen was in the palace courtyard. Fortunately for everyone involved, the palace is just up the hill and is thoroughly deserted...at least according to what Silvaeus knows.
    It's likely that Silvaeus would have stopped Ossian from leaving and corrected his delusion, but it seems that the elf simply didn't think to lock the mostly-empty stables. "Rocinante" is rather less than pleased at being roused from her slumber, but she's a fairly docile mare, so she goes along with it once Ossian bribes her with a carrot.
    Last edited by Urzamax; 2016-11-20 at 12:39 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Still delusional,
    Ossian
    after tying up the latest "Rocinante", draws his sword, and fights shadows and phantoms, amongst the ruins of the Palace, shouting:
    Show yourself!
    Until his heart racing, and his breathing labored, the weight of the years comes back, and he falls exhausted.
    Just before he fades out of consciousness, sanity returns with the memory of what has been lost, and tears mix with sweat.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history