New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Lemmy's Custom Weapon Generation System

Are you tired of seeing scimitars everywhere? Bored of everyone carrying a longbow even in settings where sniper rifles are a thing? Have you ever wished to see a Barbarian wielding anything other than a falchion?

Your problems are over! We at Lemmy Homebrew Corp have the perfect solution for you!

Lemmy's Custom Weapon Generation System
    is just the tool you need to infuse weapon variety in your games!

Now you can create and customize your weapons without sacrificing neither game balance nor character concept!

With this product you can do things like:

- Create weapons unique to a setting, race or even character!
    - Make more fantastical versions of real weapons!
    - Make more realistic versions of fantastic weapons!
    - Expand the effective arsenal of entire campaigns!

Just listen to these satisfied customers!

"I can now defeat my enemies with a single well-placed stroke of my blade! It's every duelist's dream! Thank you, Lemmy Homebrew Corp!"
    Satisfied customer 1

"I'm now a playable character in Pathfinder! Thank you, Lemmy Homebrew Corp!"
    Satisfied customer 2

"I can finally have my signature weapon! And wield it with Dexterity, like I've always been meant to do! Thank you, Lemmy Homebrew Corp!"
    Satisfied Customer 3

"Thanks to Lemmy's Custom Weapon Generation System, people actually like me! Thank you, Lemmy Homebrew Corp!"
    Satisfied Customer 4

"Now that GMs are no longer afraid of me one-shotting the PCs, I get lots of job proposals in D&D and Pathfinder campaigns! Thank you, Lemmy Homebrew Corp!"
    Satisfied Customer 5

AND THAT IS NOT ALL!

Lemmy's Custom Weapon Generation System is a 100% compatible with D&D 3.X and Pathfinder's weapon lists! If you can't create an old favorite weapon, just bring it over from RAW!

And as if that were not enough, we are proud to offer tech support and technological updates with no additional cost!

DON'T WASTE ANY TIME! Get now your very own Lemmy's Custom Weapon Generation System! The first 100 customers get a 50% discount*!

- - -

Lemmy Homebrew Corp - Turning Boredom & Free Time into Fun & Balance since 2012!

- - -

*Lemmy Homebrew Corp is legally bound to inform our viewers and customers that this discount results in a total saving of 0 (zero) US dollars.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2021-10-15 at 12:49 PM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Lemmy's Custom Weapon Generation System

I am in shock and awe at the size of this google doc. I do not have the time to review it or anything right now, but I just want to let you know that I might be playing with it throughout the day when I should be learning...
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

okay how you build warglaive of azzinoth from warcraft with this supplement I know ıts double weapon can be used for two weapons fighting but I am driving blank from there
    Spoiler: f it here is the picture of the bastard
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Just a quick comment. Am I missing something, or are gunpowder weapons very cheap?
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

smile Re: Lemmy's Custom Weapon Generation System

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
    I am in shock and awe at the size of this google doc. I do not have the time to review it or anything right now, but I just want to let you know that I might be playing with it throughout the day when I should be learning...
    Haha! Thanks! And sorry for disrupting your education. But hey... Now you can at least build a crossbow worth using! :)

Just a quick comment. Am I missing something, or are gunpowder weapons very cheap?
    Most "base design" modifications (i.e.: modifications that completely define how a weapon works) cost 0* cp. Gunpowder weapons aren't particularly good, IME. In fact, by Pathfinder's RAW, they are arguably the worst weapons around.

Sure you can target touch AC on the first range increment... But unless your whole class is fully devoted to using them, they'll always deal pitiful damage. Not to mention they cost as much as magic weapon, have really short range, take a long time to reload, use absurdly expensive ammo and, just to top it all off, have innate fumble mechanics (that go beyond Nat 1s, BTW).

They aren't nearly as bad in this homebrew, but they still don't add any modifier to damage unless you belong to an specific class, so I currently don't a reason to make them more costly.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2016-09-15 at 11:03 AM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    okay how you build warglaive of azzinoth from warcraft with this supplement I know ıts double weapon can be used for two weapons fighting but I am driving blank from there
    Spoiler: f it here is the picture of the bastard
    Show
    Hmm... That's a tricky one. We could treat it as a double weapon, with each blade being a different end. However, I remember seeing it being dual-wielded too, so that implies it's a single one-handed or light weapon.

Hmmm... I think I'd make it an exotic one-handed slashing weapon with the following modifications: Barbed (2 cp), Deadly (0* cp), Finesse (1 cp), Improved Critical Threat Range (3 cp), and Trip (0* cp), so it'd end up like this:

[1d8 18-20/x2 / S / Melee] [Deadly] [Finesse] [Trip]

If you prefer to make it a double weapon, I'd make it an exotic light slashing weapon (so that both ends are symmetrical), remove the Finesse modification (unnecessary since it's now a light weapon, anyway) and use the remaining cp to pay for the double modifcation.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2016-09-15 at 11:04 AM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks for the reply on the firearms! I never really realized that before. I have a weapon example cooked up, would you tell me if I did it right? I'll write up fluff later.

Gnomish Springdagger
    Exotic Light Ranged Weapon
    1d4 damage
    60ft.
    Attached to arm +1
    Concealed +0
    Improved Critical Threat Range (19/20) +3
    Brace +0
    Distracting +1
    Cranks (Automatic) *1, +1
    6CP
    134 gp
    Last edited by inuyasha; 2016-09-15 at 11:43 AM.

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    Hmm... That's a tricky one. We could treat it as a double weapon, with each blade being a different end. However, I remember seeing it being dual-wielded too, so that implies it's a single large one-handed or light weapon.

Hmmm... I think I'd make it an exotic one-handed slashing weapon with the following modifications: Barbed (2 cp), Deadly (0* cp), Finesse (1 cp), Improved Critical Threat Range (3 cp), and Trip (0* cp), so it'd end up like this:

If you prefer to make it a double weapon, I'd make it an exotic light slashing weapon (so that both ends are symmetrical), remove the Finesse modification (unnecessary since it's now a light weapon, anyway) and use the remaining cp to pay for the double modification.

What do you think? :)
    works for me to bad we cant pay extra for additional craft point cuz only thing I add that beast is a gem that let me deal ranged magic damage
    another question is there a way we can create magic using guns ( i mean modification allows us to create magic firing guns) if yes then we can create rune arms from d&d online?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Thanks for the reply on the firearms! I never really realized that before. I have a weapon example cooked up, would you tell me if I did it right? I'll write up fluff later.

Gnomish Springdagger
    Exotic Light Ranged Weapon
    1d4 damage
    60ft.
    Attached to arm +1
    Concealed +0
    Improved Range (19/20) +3
    Brace +0
    Distracting +1
    Cranks (Automatic) *1, +1
    6CP
    134 gp
    By "Improved Range", do you mean "Improved Critical Threat Range"? You mention a 19-20 next to it, so I'm not sure if that's the case or if you mean taking multiple stances of the "Improved Range" modification.

Assuming you meant "Improved Critical Threat Range", I don't any error (maybe the gold cost, though. Honestly, I've never used it before since base weapon prices are pretty much completely irrelevant past 1st level ).

I must note that the Crank (automatic) can be a bit too powerful, as it allows characters with low Str score to deal good damage (of course, that's kinda of the whole point of having an automated crank, but still, some GMs/players may not like it). As usual, it's up to GMs and their players to decide what modifications are allowed and how common they are.
    Homebrew Stuff:

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

By "Improved Range", do you mean "Improved Critical Threat Range"? You mention a 19-20 next to it, so I'm not sure if that's the case or if you mean taking multiple stances of the "Improved Range" modification.

Assuming you meant "Improved Critical Threat Range", I don't any error (maybe the gold cost, though. Honestly, I've never used it before since base weapon prices are pretty much completely irrelevant past 1st level ).

I must note that the Crank (automatic) can be a bit too powerful, as it allows characters with low Str score to deal good damage (of course, that's kinda of the whole point of having an automated crank, but still, some GMs/players may not like it). As usual, it's up to GMs and their players to decide what modifications are allowed and how common they are.
    Ah yes, I meant critical range. The idea behind the item is a wrist mounted spring to propel a dagger much further and more powerfully than a gnome actually can.

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Ah yes, I meant critical range. The idea behind the item is a wrist mounted spring to propel a dagger much further and more powerfully than a gnome actually can.
    so its basicly phantom blade from assassin's creed

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

works for me to bad we cant pay extra for additional craft point cuz only thing I add that beast is a gem that let me deal ranged magic damage
    Oh, my dear grasshopper... All you need is a bit of creativity (and some disregard for the original intent behind certain weapon modifications ). I'm been fooling around with this system for quite a while now. Not only I created it, I also playtested it with multiple groups. So, let me help you add that gun:

OK, take that build I showed you:

Now, first, let's make it a light weapon! That saves us 1 cp, since we can now remove the [Finesse] modification. Now... With that extra cp, what do we do? Exactly! We buy the Double modification! But instead of using it so that each blade is a different end, we're going to be more creative this time... One weapon end will be the whole bladed thing...

The other weapon end will be... An exotic light ranged weapon! Let's give it [Improved Range] so to increase its range increment to 60 ft, then add [Elemental Damage] costing 3 cp (because shooting lightning is cool, but recharging isn't). We still have 1 cp left, we could increase its range again, but that's no fun, so let's, say, give it Utility [Major] and give it the ability to use the electricity to light the way ahead as a hooded lantern.

...And you can still add two 0* cp modifications of your choice!

What do you think?

Now your weapon can be used in melee:

[1d6 18-20/x2 / S / Melee] [Deadly] [Double] [Trip]

or from range:

[1d6 20/x2 / Electricity / 60 ft] [Double] [Utility: provides light as a hooded lantern]

another question is there a way we can create magic using guns ( i mean modification allows us to create magic firing guns) if yes then we can create rune arms from d&d online?
    Hmm... I only have very superficial knowledge of DDO, so I don't know how its rune weapons work. There's a modification that allows you to deal non-magical elemental damage, though. It was meant to allow players to craft flamethrowers, acid flasks, stun batons and such, but nothing stops you from using them to create an elemental weapon. It'll become magical anyway once you add the first +1 enhancement.

Last edited by Lemmy; 2016-09-15 at 11:55 AM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

amused Re: Lemmy's Custom Weapon Generation System

so its basicly phantom blade from assassin's creed
    Hey, I used that one as one of my sample weapons! I called it "Hidden Blade of Assassins", though.

I went to check it out and actually noticed a small mistake on another sampe weapon, the Reverse Katana. Look at that... We aren't even past the 1st page and you guys already helped me improve my homebrew!
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2016-09-15 at 12:00 PM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm... I only have very superficial knowledge of DDO, so I don't know how its rune weapons work. There's a modification that allows you to deal non-magical elemental damage, though. It was meant to allow players to craft flamethrowers, acid flasks, stun batons and such, but nothing stops you from using them to create an elemental weapon. It'll become magical anyway once you add the first +1 enhancement.

lets look something similar to rune arm which is mega man's mega buster functionally same thing you fire energy projectile from gauntlet attached to your hand

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

lets look something similar to rune arm which is mega man's mega buster functionally same thing you fire energy projectile from gauntlet attached to your hand
    Well, any light weapon can be attached to one of your limbs for 1 cp... And any weapon can deal elemental damage for 2 cp (3 cp if you don't want to have to worry about charges/fuel)

That means it's possible to make martial and exotic weapons that shoot fire. IIRC, one of my sample weapons is actually a gauntlet with an attached firearm, based on Yang from RWBY. :)
    Homebrew Stuff:

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

You don't mind if I (or we as a forum) proceed to post a bunch of examples using this system do you? This is more fun than the Pathfinder one, and I've definitely got quite a few ideas...

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

biggrin Re: Lemmy's Custom Weapon Generation System

You don't mind if I (or we as a forum) proceed to post a bunch of examples using this system do you? This is more fun than the Pathfinder one, and I've definitely got quite a few ideas...
    Mind? MIND?

My friend... I'd love it!

The whole point of sharing this stuff is so that other people can enjoy it! Go ahead and download it as a .pdf if you want too! Share with your friends! Have fun! That's why I made and shared it!

And hey, I'd also love to hear your feedback too. Tell me about your experience so that I can continue to improve this little homebrew project (I still have ideas for it ).
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2016-09-15 at 02:39 PM. Reason: so many typos... -.-'
    Homebrew Stuff:

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright then! I got an idea for my current game, which is very primitive so there's no metallurgy or anything.

I want to have an ogre or two using some of these:

Stone Lash
    Exotic Two Handed Melee Weapon
    Damage: 2d8, 15 foot reach
    Crit: 20x2
    Improved Damage Die (+2), Whip-like (+0), Whip (reinforced) (+1), Tripping (+0), Tangling (+1), Sunder (+1), Performance (+1)
    6CP
    34 GP

The stone lash is a big rope with large stones tied all along its length, the stones hammer into people and wrap around things with ease, doing horrible damage in the process.

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Heh... That's pretty cool. I don't know if I'd add the Reinforced modification to a whip made mostly of primitive rope, but I like the weapon.

And remember! A little disregard for the original intent of a certain modification can go a long way to inspire creative new weapon designs!
    Homebrew Stuff:

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh... That's pretty cool. I don't know if I'd add the Reinforced modification to a whip made mostly of primitive rope, but I like the weapon.

And remember! A little disregard for the original intent of a certain modification can go a long way to inspire creative new weapon designs!
    I added the reinforced modification because of the large rocks, they'll probably cause some wicked damage.

I think my next weapon will be some sort of alchemist's fire-spraying hose.

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I added the reinforced modification because of the large rocks, they'll probably cause some wicked damage.
    Can't argue with that.

I think my next weapon will be some sort of alchemist's fire-spraying hose.
    I think I made one like that using [Elemental Damage] and [Scatter]
    Homebrew Stuff:

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Cool!

I'm thinking I might actually hold off on building that one a little bit. I'd really like to see some weapon drawbacks, because honestly I think some of the ranges can get a bit crazy. For instance with my Gnomish Springdagger I'd make it probably have a 30ft range. Also the fragile and misfiring qualities would be fun to incorporate.

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I think adding a Disrupting modification could improve the modification selection. Having weapons which can mess with with a spell caster's ability to cast spells might be something worth looking into.

My idea for a weapon with this quality is basically a bell/mace combo.

Inquisitor's Bell
    "For whom does your bell toll for, Inquisitor?" "It tolls for thee, Heathen."
    This inquisitor's mace has been made so that its bell-shaped head gongs loudly upon impact.
    [1d8/ 20x2/ B / Melee]
    Template: Melee Exotic One-handed Bludgeoning weapon
    Modifications: Disruptive*, Holy Symbol (cp 0)

*Disruptive weapons interfere the spells of all spell casters within the weapon's striking range; The DC of spells increases by +2 for every spell caster in the weapon's effective range. Thrown weapons and ammunition with the Disruptive modification only affect those hit by the weapon.
    Requirements: Exotic template Craft Points: 2

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Cool!

I'm thinking I might actually hold off on building that one a little bit. I'd really like to see some weapon drawbacks, because honestly I think some of the ranges can get a bit crazy. For instance with my Gnomish Springdagger I'd make it probably have a 30ft range. Also the fragile and misfiring qualities would be fun to incorporate.
    Ah, yes... The weapon flaw system. I've been putting off doing that one out of fear that it might completely break the system (as do nearly all disadvantages/flaw systems I've seen )

My current idea is that weapon flaws would give you a separate craft point pool, rather than just adding to the total, that way you can't take a two -1 cp flaws and make a martial falcata 18-20/x3...

There are 3 or 4 modifications I want to add, then I'll add two special materials I've been thinking about... After that, I'll finally man up and start moving my Weapon Flaw system from the draft document to the main google.doc.
    Homebrew Stuff:

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DuctTapeKatar View Post
    I think adding a Disrupting modification could improve the modification selection. Having weapons which can mess with with a spell caster's ability to cast spells might be something worth looking into.

My idea for a weapon with this quality is basically a bell/mace combo.

Inquisitor's Bell
    "For whom does your bell toll for, Inquisitor?" "It tolls for thee, Heathen."
    This inquisitor's mace has been made so that its bell-shaped head gongs loudly upon impact.
    [1d8/ 20x2/ B / Melee]
    Template: Melee Exotic One-handed Bludgeoning weapon
    Modifications: Disruptive*, Holy Symbol (cp 0)
    Heh... Add Utility[Minor] (works as bell) (0*cp)

Quote Originally Posted by DuctTapeKatar View Post
    *Disruptive weapons interfere the spells of all spell casters within the weapon's striking range; The DC of spells increases by +2 for every spell caster in the weapon's effective range. Thrown weapons and ammunition with the Disruptive modification only affect those hit by the weapon.
    Requirements: Exotic template Craft Points: 2
    . I believe you meant the DC for concentration checks, rather than the DC to resist spells. Hmm... This has potential... I'll make a note about it on my draft document and add it once I have the wording down. Thanks for the suggestions (I hope you don't mind me shamelessly stealing your idea )

I thought about making an "Intimidating" modification for weapons that look particularly vicious to give a +2 bonus to Intimidate, but then I realized that could already be done via Utility[Major], since it specifically mentions that giving the same bonus as a masterwork tool is within its parameters.
    Homebrew Stuff:

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, yes... The weapon flaw system. I've been putting off doing that one out of fear that it might completely break the system (as do nearly all disadvantages/flaw systems I've seen )

My current idea is that weapon flaws would give you a separate craft point pool, rather than just adding to the total, that way you can't take a two -1 cp flaws and make a martial falcata 18-20/x3...

There are 3 or 4 modifications I want to add, then I'll add two special materials I've been thinking about... After that, I'll finally man up and start moving my Weapon Flaw system from the draft document to the main google.doc.
    Well don't rush it if you don't wanna. This is a really good system, I like it way more than the pathfinder one and intend to play with it for sure

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

This is great! I had been looking for something like it awhile back and couldn't find anything that really did what I wanted. This is pretty much exactly what I was looking for.

Some thoughts-

The Nonlethal modification seems to give the choice of dealing nonlethal damage with no penalty or attacking lethally. Is that intentional? Compare to weapons like the sap which only do nonlethal damage.

If you add them could there be a flaw that slows the reloading time of ranged weapons? I was building an exotic light cannon because I wanted it to have the Attached modification but I didn't want it to reload as a free action.

Edit- Would you consider a weapon or part of it being magnetic a Major or Minor Utility modification?
    Last edited by as91; 2016-09-16 at 01:29 AM. Reason: didn't want to post twice in a row for a short addition shortly after posting

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

I... have dreamt of making this kind of system for years...

I love it :D

Surprise Knife
    This incredibly sneaky knife is very difficult to use, but incredible deadly in the right hands, and is especitally suited to catching people off-guard.
    [1d4 / 20/x3 / P / Melee] [Barbed] [Brace, Feint] [Reach when Extended]
    Template: Exotic Light Piercing Weapon
    Modification: Barbed (2 cp), Brace (0* cp), Distracting (1 cp), Extendable (Reach) (2 cp), Retractable (1 cp), Stashing (0* cp)

Did I do it right? :3

Also, challenge... how would you make this puppy as a weapon?
    Spoiler
    Show

He has been used as a weapon multiple times in the show... once as a fireball at least
    Last edited by ShiningStarling; 2016-09-16 at 02:19 AM.

I believe that the darkness reminds us what light can be

My Extended Homebrew Signature

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by as91 View Post
    Edit- Would you consider a weapon or part of it being magnetic a Major or Minor Utility modification?
    I'm not the creator, but I'd rule that as minor unless the magnetism is strong enough to give a bonus on climb checks on specifically magnetic metal walls or something, in which case I'd make it +3 or 4 instead of 2 (for the really specific material) and I'd make it major.

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

trophies

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

I'm not the creator, but I'd rule that as minor unless the magnetism is strong enough to give a bonus on climb checks on specifically magnetic metal walls or something, in which case I'd make it +3 or 4 instead of 2 (for the really specific material) and I'd make it major.
    small question about archers infamous swords kansou and byakuya they are lets say magnetic to each other