New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Talk to Ashiel About Anything Mark II

Quote Originally Posted by Mashallah View Post
    Since the topic is "anything", let me try politics.

{Scrub the post, scrub the quote}
    It's an "Inapropriate Topic" under the forum rules, so be wary.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2016-10-04 at 11:56 PM.
    Chief Librarian and Chronicler of Ashiel

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

Here are the forum rules.

Hey Ash, how was your trip?
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2016-10-04 at 11:56 PM.
    Founding member of the Cult of Ashiel

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tels View Post
    Here are the forum rules.

Hey Ash, how was your trip?
    My trip was good, but the internet where we were at wasn't, so the time not spent hanging out with my family was spent trying out Fallout 1, which I've found to be a really fun game (and has also led me to realize that the writers of d20 were pirates ). It has even made me question my general stance on called shots and such since I really like Fallout's called shot system (sans the instant-death mechanic for getting a really great roll vs head, eyes, or torso).

We got home on Saturday night and I had to go right to work. I got home Sunday morning to find our internet was still acting bad (the techies dropped by a fixed a similar issue about two weeks ago and all was working great but it seems to have re-appeared while we were away), but I had to sleep to get ready for work that night so I didn't get to call the techs until Monday afternoon (because then I'd actually be here to let 'em in the house). However, the modem was showing a completely different issue than the constant disconnections (it was staying connected but the connection was dead), so when I called there was an automated answer saying that work was being done to the lines in our area today and that the problem would be resolved by 9am this morning (it's 10:33 am here, I just got up).

I'm not yet 100% sure if the problems were related (they could be, as the tech guy and I talked a bit when he was here before and he said that the lines in our area were pretty terrible and it was something they would need to soon address since it was causing problems) but my internet seems to be working this morning so if it doesn't start dropping like it was, I'll consider it resolved. Otherwise I'll be calling tech support again today.

How was your trip? :D

PS: To answer the question about where would I want to travel to. I hadn't thought about it too much. There's a lot of places I think would be cool to visit (especially areas with beautiful rural landscapes), but I've always been pretty content living in North Carolina (we've got everything here except deserts and tundras ). If I had the money to travel and see the world, I'd definitely visit Japan, Germany (though not right now ), France (also not right now ), Ireland, Norway, Iceland, Scotland, and the Netherlands I think. Also Gencon...it always sounded like the promised land to.
    You are my God.

4. - Top - End - #124

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    I guess this place is as good as any to ask...

How do I roll dice here?
    I don't know yet. I haven't done any PbP games in over a decade so it never came up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashallah
    I think I can answer those in PMs though, so I'll try to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by DracoKnightZero"
    Wait you have a discord group? Can i has invites or do i need to know the "Super secret handshake that might or might not involve a sausage at some point, or is that a metaphor for something more sinister" Handshake?
    Yeah, I hang out in my friends' Discord group all the time. Klara joined it too. I can send you a PM, though with the vacation and sudden internet maladies I've been pretty mute the entire time. I'll be jumping on Discord in a bit after breakfast if my internet's still working (and if it isn't, I'll spend the next hour or so on tech support I'm sure).

I often worry people might feel a little like Dorothy peeking behind the curtain, but Klara did inspire me to practice my protoss voice.

EDIT: Okay, 'net's being wonky still so on to tech support...
    Last edited by Ashiel; 2016-10-04 at 10:07 AM.
    You are my God.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ashiel View Post
    Yeah, I hang out in my friends' Discord group all the time. Klara joined it too. I can send you a PM, though with the vacation and sudden internet maladies I've been pretty mute the entire time. I'll be jumping on Discord in a bit after breakfast if my internet's still working (and if it isn't, I'll spend the next hour or so on tech support I'm sure).

I often worry people might feel a little like Dorothy peeking behind the curtain, but Klara did inspire me to practice my protoss voice.
    Tis' a silly place. You have been warned.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sure send that PM and stuff.

I have no fear of silly places, i live in norway for the elements sake and thats silly by itself!
    Spoiler: Currently DMing:
    Show

7. - Top - End - #127

Quote Originally Posted by DracoknightZero View Post
    Sure send that PM and stuff.

I have no fear of silly places, i live in norway for the elements sake and thats silly by itself!
    PM sent. My internet is still being horrible and tech support hasn't been super helpful (got disconnected about five minutes ago). I've got some errands I need to run so I'll try again when I get back, I guess.
    You are my God.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Can I get the pm too?

9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground

Honestly, not much happens in that place. I don't think I have seen a single game design discussion so far.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Halfling in the Playground

It's not dedicated to game design or anything. It's just a place where our circle of friends hangs out and organizes games.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Klara Meison View Post
    Oh wow, that's a bummer.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm actually still in New Zealand, I don't leave for home until... Thursday, I think, in the Western Hemisphere, and I won't get back home until Saturday or Sunday, not sure which.

New Zealand is a beautiful place, incredibly picturesque. The internet and cell phone infrastructure is terrible here though. Places that offer free wifi, do some but only for like, 30 minutes a day, or they have a 30 MB data limit, or are super slow. The two best plaxes, so far, have been museums with 10 mb download and 2 mb upload, with unlimited data and time. So I have had very limited access to the net here.

I've been taking pictures of different plaxes and terrain to, maybe, use in a game encounter one day.

My sister's wedding was amazing, she and her wife both cried buckets of tears at the speeches and the turnout. Most of the food was good, it was all vegan and I haven't enjoyed most vegan meals. Got to meet some really nice people and chatted about tons of things. I've still got a few days left and I've enjoyed most of my time here so far. Plus, the plane rides weren't bad at all! Luckily for me, I got the international flight to myself, so I really got to stretch out.
    Founding member of the Cult of Ashiel

13. - Top - End - #133

Quote Originally Posted by Tels View Post
    I'm actually still in New Zealand, I don't leave for home until... Thursday, I think, in the Western Hemisphere, and I won't get back home until Saturday or Sunday, not sure which.

New Zealand is a beautiful place, incredibly picturesque. The internet and cell phone infrastructure is terrible here though. Places that offer free wifi, do some but only for like, 30 minutes a day, or they have a 30 MB data limit, or are super slow. The two best plaxes, so far, have been museums with 10 mb download and 2 mb upload, with unlimited data and time. So I have had very limited access to the net here.

I've been taking pictures of different plaxes and terrain to, maybe, use in a game encounter one day.

My sister's wedding was amazing, she and her wife both cried buckets of tears at the speeches and the turnout. Most of the food was good, it was all vegan and I haven't enjoyed most vegan meals. Got to meet some really nice people and chatted about tons of things. I've still got a few days left and I've enjoyed most of my time here so far. Plus, the plane rides weren't bad at all! Luckily for me, I got the international flight to myself, so I really got to stretch out.
    @Most everything: Awesome.

@Internet Woes: I feel for you. I spent the better part of the day on the phone with tech support going through all the usual steps (like restarting modems and such) so they'd finally schedule a tech to come out. Much to my chagrin, they said the earliest I can expect the tech is Friday. My internet is going to be all but unusable for anything but sporadic posting until then, it seems.
    You are my God.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Any plans to say hi in the Random Banter thread?

Also, hello, person I haven't encountered before!
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

15. - Top - End - #135

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Any plans to say hi in the Random Banter thread?

Also, hello, person I haven't encountered before!
    Sure, why not? :)

Also, hello! :D

Also as an update for everyone, my internet got fixed early so posting should re-return to regular paces. I'm gonna be runnin' a few errands tomorrow and such but I should, finally, be back in action.

EDIT: I think I'm overlooking the Random Banter thread?
    Last edited by Ashiel; 2016-10-06 at 02:19 AM.
    You are my God.

16. - Top - End - #136

PS: To answer the question about where would I want to travel to. I hadn't thought about it too much. There's a lot of places I think would be cool to visit (especially areas with beautiful rural landscapes), but I've always been pretty content living in North Carolina (we've got everything here except deserts and tundras ). If I had the money to travel and see the world, I'd definitely visit Japan, Germany (though not right now ), France (also not right now ), Ireland, Norway, Iceland, Scotland, and the Netherlands I think. Also Gencon...it always sounded like the promised land to.
    I wanted to ask what's the problem with Germany right now, then I remembered.
    Hopefully, more pleasant times will come again and we can greet you as a guest.

Right here.

This thread seems to be talking about it, but I can't make it work on my end.
    Maybe the wrong sumforum? IIRC, it only works in those related to pbp-games.
    Last edited by Iruka; 2016-10-06 at 04:09 AM.

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

Also, hello! :D

Hello hello hello! I'm always kind of amused when I bump into a username I've not seen before, even when I know there's plenty of people posting here that I'll likely never encounter. It's like... "what?! other people exist outside of my personal bubble?! how dare they!"

Well, I'll give you the li--

Quote Originally Posted by Iruka View Post
    Ah. There ya go! Welcome, welcome. The subjects are random indeed!
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

Can I just mention how great it is to have an actual list of rules you can go and look up and reasonable mods who actually enforce that list? Because it's great to have that.

Ashiel, who is on your avatar now? It was a sorcerer on the previous forum.

19. - Top - End - #139

Can I just mention how great it is to have an actual list of rules you can go and look up and reasonable mods who actually enforce that list? Because it's great to have that.
    Speaking of which...

@Mashallah: Could you send your question in PM to me? Since it was scrubbed I can't remember the specifics about it and had nothing to reference.

I'm not sure who the OC is, but this is one of the tokens I've used for the vampire Victoria from the game I ran for Aratrok and Raital.
    You are my God.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground

I wanted to ask this question for a while, but there was never a good opportunity. You just don't want to ask this lightly. Arguments over this have split families apart and started wars.

So.

Cats or dogs?

21. - Top - End - #141

I wanted to ask this question for a while, but there was never a good opportunity. You just don't want to ask this lightly. Arguments over this have split families apart and started wars.

So.

Cats or dogs?
    Both.

I grew up with more cats though. I like how low maintenance they are.
    EDIT: With the caveat that I live in a rural area and our cats were outdoor/indoor cats, so they spent a lot of time outside when they needed to burn off some energy, and they were housebroken, etc. A lot of cats are fairly okay with moderate to low levels of attention and ours were quite happy with cat napping most of the time.
    Last edited by Ashiel; 2016-10-06 at 05:33 PM.
    You are my God.

22. - Top - End - #142

Quote Originally Posted by Iruka View Post
    I wanted to ask what's the problem with Germany right now, then I remembered.
    Hopefully, more pleasant times will come again and we can greet you as a guest.
    Indeed. To better tomorrows!
    German is one of the languages I just find enthralling to listen to (even if I don't understand much if any). Japanese, and Russian also sound so good to me.

Thanks. ^.^
    You are my God.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Your profile is active again on Paizo.

24. - Top - End - #144

Quote Originally Posted by Zilrax View Post
    Wait, really?

EDIT: Hm, well I still can't do anything on the boards so maybe it's a bug?
    Last edited by Ashiel; 2016-10-06 at 09:07 PM.
    You are my God.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

What?! Isn't "Don't be a jerk." specific enough?
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2016-10-06 at 10:42 PM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zilrax View Post
    Seems like I'll be the only one to remain perma-banned... I'm special!
    Homebrew Stuff:

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Wait, really?

EDIT: Hm, well I still can't do anything on the boards so maybe it's a bug?
    Maybe? It's not demanding I log in to see your profile and reach a repeat loop. So maybe they fixed the bug? I dunno. Just noticed it cus I use your profile to reach paizo's site at all.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Question Re: Talk to Ashiel About Anything Mark II

Does anyone know what program people use to create their customs avatars around here?
    Homebrew Stuff:

29. - Top - End - #149

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    Does anyone know what program people use to create their customs avatars around here?
    I'm not sure. I think back when I used to frequent these forums, a lot of them were just made in MSPaint.

Mine's just a token I made with TokenTool that's been resized a little.
    You are my God.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

smile Re: Talk to Ashiel About Anything Mark II

I'm not sure. I think back when I used to frequent these forums, a lot of them were just made in MSPaint.
    Paint messed up colors real bad for me...

Mine's just a token I made with TokenTool that's been resized a little.
    Yeah, I recognized the Tokentool frame. But I meant the OotS-style avatars.
    Homebrew Stuff: