New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Sand, hot lead and V8's (Dark Heresy) IC

"Oi! I am on my way, missy."

Fen continues to pick up the pace, going from a stern walk, through a few seconds of jogging, into a full run. She matches speed with Chani, only a few meters behind her, impressive for an elderly lady.

Spoiler: Turn
    Show
    Run (18 m)
    Last edited by luca0483; 2017-01-15 at 10:01 AM.
    Go the extra mile, it's never crowded.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

The shot through the clapboard table and into the cluster of augmetics and flesh that made up Ferrus' chest did nothing to improve his calculation of their chances. The hail of bullets was one thing, but if he stayed where he was it was almost certain to be worse. Where was there better cover? Not in the room, if the sound of things being bulldozed was anything to go by. Not out front, where there were undoubtedly more enemies, and certainly not where he was. Behind the bar, perhaps, but the enemies had brought firebombs and alcohol was flammable. Ferrus didn't like his chances there.

Ah, but first thing's first. That fellow doing the shooting rather needed to be got rid of. Ferrus raised his lasgun and fired a trio of shots.

Spoiler
    Show
    ok, using burst fire at the guy doing the suppression. (1d100)[94] vs... probably 54. +10 for burst and +10 for within half range.
    and some damage: (1d10+3)[13](1d10+3)[6](1d10+3)[11]

and just in case... (1d100)[100]
    (1d10)[9](1d10)[3]

Missed rather badly. I don't think that jams the gun, at least, since it's got Reliable.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2017-01-15 at 07:47 AM.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

3. - Top - End - #183
    Banned

Ferrus, mortally wounded and well aware of the statistical likelyhood of his life functions ceasing very soon, peeks out from his - now much damaged - cover, and tries to draw a bead on the gunner on the roof.

Suddenly, all seems still. An incredible calm settles over him. He feels a presence, a guidance. His hands, utterly steady, draw a bead on the forehead of the gunner, and pulls the trigger. Incandescent light bursts from the muzzle, and the enemy's head explodes in a cloud of superheated blood and brain tissue. He topples forward, trigger still pulled, spraying bullets in wide archs around him as he spins down, down - and crashes into the floor, spraying more blood in a geyser across the floor.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Is Ferrus has a charm, it is now strangly burnt. Also, Jashugan may take his actions normally.

And sorry for the mess up. Suppression takes a round of preparation, which this guy didn't have. Fortunately, justice caught up with his errant ways, and punishment was swift and absolute. Rejoice, proud citizens of the Emperor, and behold his fierce will and righteousness.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hector moved as quickly as his mishappen body could manage, eager to reach the doorway. Be in away from the open world and where his Meat Hammer could do its work.

Spoiler: Action
    Show

full action run towards the door, which I believe is 18M, so along with my full action move of 6M means he is also a full turn away still.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Even as the man Ferrus ended falls through the skylight raining bullets, brains and blood, Jashugan turns to the hallway in the direction of the likely ruin bedroom. With the smoke to his back he doesn't feel too concerned about the villains pushing through it and instead offers a short prayer that they might barrel into the burning man.

Plus, if Ferrus can continue to perform such magnificent cranial amputation in combat, Jashugan has nothing to dear from the men entering Ferrus' targeting vector. Time to cover your back, my friend!

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Jashugan is waiting for a target to present itself in the hallway. He believes he is an excellent judge of combat acumen.

This could hurt.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Banned

Things devolve from merely chaotic to absolutely insane. The men who entered from the door are covered in smoke, and one of their friends is running around - a human torch, sheeted in flame from head to foot - screaming in pain, panic and fear. The men on the roof are faring slightly better, but their leader is dead and the last shot of Jashugans burst went through the corrugated roofing and wounded one of them.

One invader - blinded by smoke anyways, so he can't really get a bead on Ferrus and Jashugan - decides to put his suffering friend out of his misery, and blasts him down. When his screams subside, everyone draws a sigh of relief. The remaining two charge, one wielding a cleaver, the other waving the universally famous nail bat over his head.

From above, large hand cannon boom - but obviously, the way for smoke to make it's way out of the room is through the hole in the roof.

Show

One guy shoots the burning man. I deem he manages to hit and put the poor female-canine out of his misery.

Two charge Ferrus, who by now should feel thoroughly put upon.

The gunslingers on the roof fire at Jashugan, who is partly obscured by smoke, and also a moving target.

Thus:
    Melee attacks:
    Attack: (1d100)[81] vs 35 (25 base, +10 charge)
    Damage: (1d10+2)[8] (a bat festooned with rusty nails)
    Attack: (1d100)[30] vs 35 (25 base, +10 charge)
    Damage: (1d5+2)[4] (a cleaver)
    Righteous Fury: (1d100)[56] vs 35 - additional damage (1d10)[8]
    Righteous Fury: (1d100)[92] vs 35 - additional damage (1d10)[7]

And two shooters, firing standard Hand Cannon at Jashugans back:
    Attack: (1d100)[28] vs 15 (35 base, +10 range, -10 moving target, -20 smoke)
    Damage: (1d10+4)[14] Hand Cannon
    Attack: (1d100)[38] vs 15 (35 base, +10 range, -10 moving target, -20 smoke)
    Damage: (1d5+2)[5] Hand Cannon
    Righteous Fury: (1d100)[58] vs 35 - additional damage (1d10)[3]
    Righteous Fury: (1d100)[63] vs 35 - additional damage (1d10)[6]

Someone is going to object 'wait, why does moving impose a penalyy - that's not in the rules?!'.

Here's why: Enemies emerging through a doorway might be seen as moving, but they are coming straight at you, with no option of moving aside. Jashugan emerges from cover - arguably unexpextedly - and rushes off through the smoke to go through the door leading to the bedroom. Not that I'm entirely sure why he's going there, but ... sure =)

One of the attackers manage to connect with Ferrus - but luckily his sturdy frame turns the brunt of the attack. The other misses entirely. The shooters on the roof both miss Jashugan, who sprints across the room, and into the bedroom. The news isn't any better there - Jestilla and Kara are on the floor, riddled with bullet holes and either dead or dying. A giant bulldozer is planted halfway through the wall, and two gunmen are busily reloading the autoguns. They are entirely surprised by Jashugans sudden appearance.
    Last edited by Kaptin Keen; 2017-01-17 at 01:26 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187

Fen continues her run, overtaking Chani and charging towards the nearest invader, the guy who stopped to put a mercy-shot in the formerly-living torch.

Seizing the moment, Fen uses the momentum of her run, swinging her staff with her full weight and speed behind her.
    She hopes to take him down before he gets to fire the gun again.

Show
    Charge (9m)

Attack: (1d100)[48] vs 60 (30 base, +10 charge, -10 smoke, +30 unaware)
    Damage: (1d10+3)[9] I, penetration 0 (Primitive)

Righteous Fury: Attack: (1d100)[100] vs 60
    additional damage (1d10)[6]

Damn, so close, that would have been some good damage too
    The element of suprise turns the tide of fate!
    Last edited by luca0483; 2017-01-18 at 08:00 AM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Two men and a BULLDOZER?!?"

Jashugan has mere moments to decide how this combat is going to go and chooses the exciting path.

Spoiler: He fires one shot at the man farther away from himself.
    Show

To Hit (1d100)[85] vs 44+any variables I'm not aware of
    To Hurt (1d10+3)[4]
    Righteous Fury: (1d100)[100] vs 44
    Additional Damage (1d10)[7]

And then he rushes the closer man to force a melee engagement while denying the farther man a clear line of sight.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Banned

Spoiler: Modifiers
    Show

Jashugan is (far as I know) using a weapon capable of burst fire. That's +10. The room is small, so he's at point blank range, for another +30. Both men are using rifle type weapons - no use in melee, so as far as that goes, the plan is sound. Now, if you roll well, you get an extra hit for each 10 points by which your roll exceeds the difficulty. So if you had rolled better, you could have shot - and potentially killed - both men.

Fen rushes a guy and takes a swing at him. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of forgotten modifiers to add to her roll. Charge excludes all-out attack, which would have been enough, and other than that he would have needed to be surprised.

Wait ... I just changed my mind. He's in the smoke, and unaware of the attack. That's a +30, but also a -10 for the smoke, but the net result is still that Fen hits.

I'm off to work now, I'll post in the evening again.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Ferrus emitted a mechanical squeal, raising his lasgun defensively. He was useless in a standup fight, and two against one was bad odds to begin with. The techpriest backed away carefully, keeping an eye on both assailants. "Request assistance," he shouted at where Jashugan had been a moment ago...

And wasn't now. Looked like he'd have to hold on his own.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ferrus sucks in melee, so he's going to disengage back down the hall towards the room, see if he can find an ally.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

11. - Top - End - #191
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chani gaspes as the old hag passes her, she slows down before entering through the hole, she kneels down and pulls out two prongs and connects them, making a spear with wicked barbs of imitated design, she plants it in the ground before opening her robe on the front and pulls out her Autopistol, arming it and unfolding the little bar stock in 3 steps, she mumbled to herself prayers to the machine spirit, so that it may forever fire true, and then glanced at the spear in the ground with same reverence before standing up again, spear in right, gun in left. The irony of Combining these two weapons of such different cultures and application pleased her immensely. Glancing up at the men on the Roof, then back at Fen: "What do you see?" she called, wanting to know what lied inside the bedroom. "do you need me?" she would add stupidly.

Spoiler: actions
    Show
    I will equip autopistol in left, vibe spear in right
    Last edited by Checkmate-Pony; 2017-01-20 at 05:37 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hector planted his back against the wall before peeking round, Meat Hammer ready for anyone that might be inside. The old woman darts inside completely ignorant of any danger, "That might be a bad idea!" he shouts after her, they had no idea what was waiting for them inside.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Another full turn move, 6m, which should put him at the doorway.

13. - Top - End - #193

Fen's pressence catches the man off his guard, almost reacting fast enough to get out of the way, but the smoke gave Fen the extra few seconds she needed to connect. After her swing hit true, Fen switches hand positions, ready to block a retaliating strike.

To her two fellow sky-fallen friends, she shouts back:
    "Men with guns, now come in and help me right that!"
    Last edited by luca0483; 2017-01-21 at 02:01 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Banned

With the arrival of new combatants, there is a great deal of reshuffling. Everyone is caught by surprise, and unsure what to do.

The two men in the 'bedroom' are ill equipped to fight melee. They could drop their rifles and fight barehand, but that's hardly rational. Instead, they fall back into cover behind the bulldozer, finish reloading and level their weapons at Jashugan and Ferrus, who are now both in the room.

Jashugan and Ferrus have ... very little in the way of functional cover to work with in the room. There are beds. But rubber mattresses do not effectively stop or bounce lead bullets.

However, Chani is moving up on the guys at the bulldozer - a situation of which they remain blissfully unaware.

Inside, Fen charges in resolutely, and wallops a ganger scum with her staff. The man is clearly stunned by the attack, but strikes back at her regardless. In the smoke, flames and confusion, it doesn't seem anyone else really notices her presence - they are all moving after the fleeing Ferrus towards the short hallway to the 'bedroom.

The one guy who was hiding behind the bar remains unaccounted for.

Show

One guy tries to snap off a shot with his handy cannon at Fen.

Attack: (1d100)[65] vs 35 - you don't get range bonuses when using firearms in melee.
    Damage: (1d10+4)[12] pen 2

Now ... will someone please start killing some enemies :p

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Jashugan sees an advantage and chooses to press it as hard as he can.

He charges the two men with rifles and makes sure to stay in melee range with them. He discharges a shot to keep them feeling threatened.

Spoiler: A single shot.
    Show

To Hit (1d100)[36] vs 44+any variables I'm not aware of
    To Hurt (1d10+3)[6]
    Righteous Fury: (1d100)[26] vs 44
    Additional Damage (1d10+3)[9]

16. - Top - End - #196

Fen's eyes becomes unfocused as she sidestep out of the way of the defender's return attack.
    She starts speaking to the man, seemingly upset at him for merely continuing to exist.

"You don't belong in the future. Stop going into the future with us."

Talking quickly becomes shouting, which turns to a hateful scream as she goes in for another swing.

"Stop! Lie DOWN and STAY IN THE PAST WHERE YOU BELONG!"

Show
    Precognition (+10 to parry & dodge going forward)
    (1d10+3)[5] vs 6
    On a natural 9, phenomena (1d100)[56]
    On 75+, perils (1d00)[1]

Attack
    Hitting: (1d100)[5] vs 30 (30 base)
    Damage: (1d10+3)[4] I, penetration 0 (Primitive)

Righteous Fury: Attack: (1d100)[46] vs 30
    Additional damage (1d10)[6]

No actual precog, but at least i hit him, even though i low-rolled that damage
    Last edited by luca0483; 2017-01-26 at 06:40 AM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Ferrus skidded to a halt by the bedroom, rather annoyed to find that there was a bulldozer there. That was not at all an optimal parking strategy, though at least using it to demolish walls was in no way disrespectful to the machine spirit of a vehicle designed to demolish walls. Trusting Jashugan to handle the two already there, the techpriest turned to take a shot at the ones coming up behind him.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[9] to hit, (1d10+3)[13] for damage.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Peering around the doorway into the smoke filled room Hector squints to determine the closest target, ignoring the man Fen is beating to a pulp. He spots people moving out of the room and brings his Meat Hammer up and taking a bit of aim before letting loose with an almost deafening boom as three chambers simultaneously unload coating the hallway in shot and debris as the men try to escape that way. To be honest he had no idea if they were friend or foe, but they looked more hunter than prey.

Spoiler: Aim and Shoot
    Show

So half action aim at the closest enemy moving to the hallway

and Fire

BS: 27 + 10 (aim) (1d100)[53]

Damage: (2d5)[6]
    not sure how tearing works on multiple die, or d5's so Tearing: (2d5)[3][3](6) if I get one dice I will use the first number.

I doubt I am within 3m for Point Blank, so just a straight shot!

19. - Top - End - #199

For all the training and conditioning wrought upon Chani; she was still to experience an actual mission with all that entailed, and now in the face of danger she did not waver, having fearlessly closed the distance with the danger, obeying her masters vague wishes to the best of her abilities, remembering all the little steps such as war hymns, pacing of breath and state of mind, bodily control drilled into her for as long as she had memories left.

Only now that she saw the two men with autoguns flee to the dozer did a strange thought occur to her. She was about to attempt to kill someone, bring violence upon someone else she had never even met.

The idea was disgusting to her on a primal level, but no sooner had the thought crossed her mind did she involuntarily spring to action, like a reflex she'd surge forward, hand clutching around the spear haft so tight it was painful, like she had lost control and was living a nightmare.

Dashing to the bulldozer, huffing a praise to her god on impulse before impact, she'd see Jashugan, although she didn't know his name yet.

She'd move in sight of the other man next to Jashugan's target and hurl at him the barbed spear of exotic fabrication she had brought, it vibrated and bounced in the air like a fish, a strange piece of aerodynamics and wicked intend.

Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    Move-and then attack with thrown weapon=Vibe Spear BS 44 (1d100)[50]

Damage (if needed) (1d10+5)[15] Penetration 1 primitive

Note: If he is hit, he must take an Ag test or become snared, as per Snare rules

Note 2#: If he takes any damage, he must take a toughness test or suffer a level of fatigue

20. - Top - End - #200
    Banned

In the bar, the man opposite Fen gets another clobbering of her staff. Already stunned, his eyes cross, and he tumbles to the ground.

Beside Fen, Hector steps in, levels his giant shotgun at the nearest foe, and lets rip. It's called Meat Hammer for a reason. There is a wet, ripping sound - well, it's there but no one hears it over the thunderous roar of the shotgun - and the ganger is physically torn to shreds and spread out in a fan-like area of gore and scattered splinters of bone.

Winning is good, but win-by-meat-hammer makes you somewhat queasy to the stomach.

In the bedroom, Jashugan aims true at the forehead of an enemy. It punches through his face, taking his life and his brains with it as it exits the other side, showering his comrade with blood.

Said comrade has only the briefest of moments to lament the falling of his friend and the blood on his face - possibly ruining both his outfit and his mood - before Chani's spear punches through his chest (definitely putting the final nail in both mood and outfit - and ganger too, for what it's worth).

The final moments of the fight are exceedingly gory. As silence falls, and the survivors eye each other - Hello? Friend or foe? - a nervous voice sounds from behind the bar.

Um, hi? My only ambition right now is to ... not die. Is there a way we can work towards that? I'll ... tell you everything I know? Will that be enough?

Please don't kill me.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Jashugan high-tails it to the man behind the counter and shoves his pistol in his face. "Yeah, now would be the right time to bare your soul to us. I want EVERYTHING you know. Hold back nothing!"

22. - Top - End - #202

Fen rolls her eyes.

"Yes, like that is the way to get information. 'Tell me everything'. Works every time"

Wiping some residue blood off her staff, she walks over towards the two.

"Let loose on that gun-piece of yours, boy. He is hemorrhaging clay bricks as it is. He knows that he is in for a hurt as soon as he thinks about lying"

She turns to the fella, giving him a quick look-over, then giving him a soft smile

"Let us start easy. Whát is your name, and were you sent to take out our friends here?"
    Last edited by luca0483; 2017-11-02 at 04:37 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Banned

The stricken scum looks from one to the other, finally babling:

I .. I .. yes mam, thank you - please put the gun down.

I'm Bhert, mam. We uh ... we were hired to destroy your V8's, mam. Only it seemed like we could kill you, keep the cars, and get paid.

They did tell us that if we tried that, you guys would like murder us all. We didn't believe that - I mean, how were we to know?
    Last edited by Kaptin Keen; 2017-01-30 at 05:11 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hector calmly reloads his Meat Hammer, he had another two shots but always best to be ready. When finished he leant on the bar and looked at the guy. "You do not have much spine do you." he said as if he had made a medical diagnosis. "Who sent you to destroy these V8's?" he had no idea what a V8 was, but it sounded important.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Banned

Debatable, I guess? My spine is little use to me when I'm dead. Anyways, I don't know who hired us. Now, don't kill me - it's not my fault they didn't show their ID's when they hired us to sabotage you.

I do know there were three. I know they had bikes,
    he uses the word like it leaves a bad taste in his mouth, big ol' prometheum burners. Combat rigged too, big auto's mounted on them.

26. - Top - End - #206

"Well and good with a description, but where did you meet these guys? And where were you supposed to recieve your payment?"

Fen starts to tidy up the place, putting flipped tables back up again.

27. - Top - End - #207

Chani carefully approached her kill, trying to keep her emotions in check. She could not... she was afraid it would later catch up to her; but she blocked it off mentally with recitements of the Litany against fear. Pushing away her human instincts of revulsion.

"You must be the good people he spoke of" Chani said standing over the speared corpse, but Jashugan high-tails away before she finished speaking to him, leaving her to ponder over things. She retrieves her spear with a prayer of thanks and pride. Then lifts up the two autoguns and the ammo carried by the gunners. Autogun in each hand (held by the barrel) she walks towards the others, looking all over the hull of the dozer with a new found curiosity; having never seen such a thing in person.

It was so large and ugly, she thought. She loved it instantly.

Entering the bar, gun in each hand she pronounced quietly: "Two new brothers join our mission" she trailed off seeing them all question the 'bad guy'.
    She looked worried before placing the weapons against the wall, she had no training in interrogation and urgently looked around to find something else to help with so as to not idly think about death and risk a breakdown.

She saw Ferrus was wounded and felt only misery as her training as a medicae was far from finished, and now it was needed.

She spotted Fen cleaning up, something tangible to occupy herself with: 'helping an old lady'

"Let me help you with that" she exclaimed and butted in to assist the woman

28. - Top - End - #208
    Banned

They rolled into town a couple of hours after the first bunch, he points to the original acolytes, told us they're enemies of the Emperor and so on, we need to stop them by destroying their V8's, and they'd pay us handsomely if we did this.

We've received payment already. It's in a crate back at the foundry - they showed us the content, said they'll remote open the lock once the job is complete. We have a radio to call them.

As all this is going on, a door at the very back of the bar creaks open. In the opening, a white rag is waved by an unseen hand.

Don't shoot - it's me, Sirta. Is it safe to come out? Cautiously, the bartender peeks around the frame, looking at his exploded bar. Taking in the level of destruction, he muses ... oh - that's not so bad. More blood than usual, less broken furniture.

Say, is everyone alright? I know a spot of medicae.

Show

As a matter of fact, half the original acolytes are shot to excrement. I will simply state that Sirtis patches them back together - should the players unexpectedly return, they can rejoin the fun. Otherwise, they will eventually find their way to either NPC roles, or the reclaimation vats.
    Last edited by Kaptin Keen; 2017-01-31 at 11:31 AM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Ferrus was, of course, badly injured, and felt he had no place in an interrogation anyways. Instead, he was examining the bulldozer. Presumably it would still run, and it no longer had owners. He wondered if there was any use to which they might apply it. Otherwise they could trade it. Vehicles seemed to be valuable here.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

30. - Top - End - #210
    Banned

The collission between shed and bulldozer had made significant impact on the shed. You could safely say it had been unmade - un-shedified, if you like.

The bulldozer on the other hand was remarkably unchanged by the event. On the whole, it was entirely unimpressed with the shed.

However, such a vehicle struck a rather lower march speed than the V8's. It was undoutably valuable, but it was unclear who - around here - could afford to pay much for it.

Show

Anyone in need of treatment can remove 1 point of damage as Sirta the bartender tends to their wounds. He gets enough modifiers that I'm sure he'll get a succesful roll.