Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1451
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: [DBitP] Foster's Home For Temporally-Displaced Friends

Hyperbolic Time Chamber

"Well, it depends on how you define miracle. I think there are quite a few out there who would consider the notion of ki based healing to be miraculous. Same goes for any number of other techniques." Max then motions over to Yankar, "And I think many would consider him to be a living miracle, with how many times he has pushed beyond his limits to achieve greater heights of power."

"In any case, now that we've figured out what that powdery substance was, we should resume training. With more practice I can probably help you get to a point of not needing to rely on an emotional boost or state of mind to use the technique, you know, before our time is up."

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Colossus in the Playground

The Greatest Finale In the Universe

Whereas most telekinetic constructs might have weak points, this one did not seem to have any of those, aside from Hailing himself, who was shielded by his own power. The only way through this was sheer, brute strength.

Apfel specialized himself in precision and skill, and against foes of equal or greater power, it was a devastating edge. However now was not the time for precision. He raised a finger, pointing it upwards at the point at which the others fired off their energy. Not subtlety, not precision. Just raw power. He released, a large violet energy wave erupting from his fingertip. It was not a technique he had ever used before.

Their combined beams strike the telekinetic sledge with planet-shattering force, the force of impact alone reverberating across Alchior, cracks forming across its surface as the abused celestial rock threatens to break apart from the sheer might of the combatant's struggles, arcs of energy flashing across a booming celestial sky. Something has got to give.

Give it does. After almost a minute, Hailing's construct begins to crack apart, as the sheer force of everyone's combined attack concentrated into a single point becomes more than even the Emperor can bear. In a single instant. the sky itself appears to shatter as a great, reverberating clatter of an impossibly large plane of glass cracking apart is heard. Hailing can only look down in surprise before he is enveloped in a kaleidoscopic blast, howling in agony as the great energy threatens his complete obliteration at any moment.

Then the moment passes. From the planet's surface, they can see something falling from the sky, Hailing's characteristic black and white aura trailing behind him as he falls, his impact kicking up dust. Though his energy could still be sensed, a mighty 450 million. The dust cleared, and Hailing stood. Heavily wounded, bleeding, but very much alive. He was hunched over forward, his hand clutching the bloody, severed stump on his other arm. He smiles slightly.

Heh, that was one HFIL of a fight. His aura then faded, and his golden body, in a flash, shifted, reverting back to his original grey. His energy plummeted, falling to about 1300. He fell to his knees.

You're right about me though. He said, looking up at 23 with a smile. I think I did give up. Not that it matters though, I wouldn't offer me any mercy either, and we ALL know I cannot be contained. Just...I have one last request.

Two. Actually.

Three. Just...hear me out.

First, spare Polar. He's a good kid, and doesn't deserve to suffer for my sins.

Second, you won't stop at me, I think. There's other monsters out there, and you'll need the strength. One day, I think, you'll even face down Beerus. Just...give him HFIL for me, will you?

And third, I have to know...did...did Freiza do what I did?
    Apparently with his computer that connects to the future, he DID stumble upon knowledge of his descendant.

Meanwhile, the sky brightens on Alchior as a second Sun descends from the sky, an Arcosian figure wreathed in solar fire appears a distance away. A weakening 22,000, rapidly shifting between ordinary and divine ki, as the figure hovers towards the fallen Emperor.

Hyperbolic Time Chamber

Let's go for it. He agreed before looking off into the distance and seeing Yankar. Can humans transform? They can't, can they?
    Banana
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Titan in the Playground

Yankar
    Yankar glances back.
    ".....No. They can't. As far as I know, the only humans capable of such a thing are the half-saiyans from my time. Unless you count techniques to make your muscles bulky or grow gigantic..."
    Yankar goes back to training.

The Greatest Aftermath In The Universe
    Jade descends, touching down down upon the ground in front of him, powering down to her base form, the cosplay fading into ki-the cosplay had become so advanced that it was no longer real clothing anymore. The heart scrying windows across the galaxy fade. Her red ribbon jacket had been burned off along her with the trauma of her past, and she wore only her torn white shirt and blue pants, her boots torn as well. She looks at Hailing sadly.
    "1. I never intended or thought about hurting Polar. He never showed any signs of following your footsteps.

2. Yup......I know of many more threats out there unfortunately. took the red pill on that long ago. and yeah.....Beerus.....we'll see about him...if I do.....well.....my policy is to not destroy planets so.....yeah....that will probably happen whether I want it or not. Knowing my luck. Freaking Goku. So yeah. I'll give him hell, don't you worry.

and 3....in what sense? In a technical sense, he was a genocidal dictator who blew up planets for being potential threats. Heck, technically the entire reason I'm here is because Freeza decided to wipe out the saiyans preemptively out of fear, one of them escaped did some adventures and some guy kidnapped me to kill one of the last saiyans out of revenge, then I got sent back in time after facing Majin Buu. Its a long story, but I guess you could technically say you created me in some distant roundabout sense? Honestly a stretch. So in the sense that your both guys who conquered and blew up planets, yes he did.

In another sense however, Freeza is....was...would've been....a decadent spoiled brat sociopath who delighted in torturing everyone around him, killing his minions like a james bond villain, needlessly spent a vast amount of resources to try and become immortal and was a sore loser who tried to blow up planets when someone else was winning. He was pure evil. like the number of times he was spared only for him to shoot the person trying to give him a hand was like, three or four or something. Farmer and scorpion much? You were never as bad as him. Like he wasn't just a genocidal maniac, he did it just for profit, he was basically a galactic land shark who kill an entire race just so he can sell the planet they were on to another race that he himself probably destroyed the planet of, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually kicked puppies as a hobby. Straight up galactic prince Joffrey.

Like, your not as bad him, in the sense you at least had reasoning for what you did, and a reason why you became the wreck you became? So I dunno, take solace that your at least not a sociopath like your descendant? Suckiest trophy ever, I know. But I said it once.....I'll say it again. I'm not here to kill you. I've got a promise to keep. Granted, if I didn't I probably WOULD'VE killed you if I didn't promise, but there is something bigger than me that needs to be done."

She looks up at the approaching sun Arcosian.
    "That sun guy.....he is going to be taking you to the heart of Arcos. Your going to be imprisoned in a divine thing that......will basically burn you alive for centuries so as to power the planet. Its going to keep burning you until all your evil and sins are burned away, because that is what the core is powered by. Then it will start burning your PL, and that is when it will be time to seek out the next sinner to imprison in your place before you die. Think of it as one last service to Arcos."
    Beryl lands beside her and powers down as well, looking sad as well.
    "......Y'know.....there is a song we could sing that would be appropriate for this. We did learn how to sing fluently in Hymnos after all...."
    "That? We could. Do you want to hear it? As your taken away?"
    She asks Hailing.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2017-12-01 at 04:48 AM.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 20!

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Titan in the Playground

Vodkana's eyes teared. She looked at Hailing and stepped toward him.
    She frowned and perked her ear, at the whole fighting Beerus and that destorying planets is a bad thing-thing.
    But she didn't had time for argues.

She knelt before Hailing, and held his hands. "You... know that I love you right? Nya?" She wishpered.
    She kissed and hugged him tightly, her tears wetted his chest.
    Vodkana nuzzled him,and wishpered to his "ear" with such soft tone, that even Hailing could barely hear it.
    "I know powerful sealing spell. Nya. I can contain you, without you having to endure so much pain.."
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

pony emoctions:http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...05&postcount=1

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Ettin in the Playground

[Earth; Kami's Lookout]

Calcifer the Second turns to Tarasai as it seems the fight against Hailing has reached its finale. "So what is the plan, now? Will you or someone else use Instant Transmission to get to them and bring them back? I don't think it is wise to let them linger there for much longer."

---

[Naming celebration of Lucifer's son]

The crowd gasps in awe as Sir Martin Lucifer reveals he's been to the Dark Tower. "R-r-really?!?", someone in the crowd ask.

The men in the crowd are first to recover. "Well, it is to be expected. He is Sir Martin Lucifer, world's greatest hero. He defeated even the dreaded Emperor Moocow. Let's cheer for him!"

The crowd bursts into awed cheering.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

Come and join Bleach: Turn Back the Pendulum freeform game!

Thanks to Kasanip for my Nasumi avatar.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    The Greatest Finale In the Universe

From the planet's surface, they can see something falling from the sky, Hailing's characteristic black and white aura trailing behind him as he falls, his impact kicking up dust. Though his energy could still be sensed, a mighty 450 million. The dust cleared, and Hailing stood. Heavily wounded, bleeding, but very much alive. He was hunched over forward, his hand clutching the bloody, severed stump on his other arm. He smiles slightly.

Heh, that was one HFIL of a fight. His aura then faded, and his golden body, in a flash, shifted, reverting back to his original grey. His energy plummeted, falling to about 1300. He fell to his knees.

You're right about me though. He said, looking up at 23 with a smile. [COLOR="#4B0082"][B]I think I did give up. Not that it matters though, I wouldn't offer me any mercy either, and we ALL know I cannot be contained. Just...I have one last request.

Two. Actually.

Three. Just...hear me out.

First, spare Polar. He's a good kid, and doesn't deserve to suffer for my sins.
    Starlight landed, and looked sadly down on Hailing.

"You really are a sociopath," she said wryly. "Did you really, sincerely think that we would kill someone who never did anything wrong?"

As the Arcosian descended, Starlight glanced away, feeling uneasy about what they were going to do. She comforted herself with the idea that Hailing seemed to derive pleasure from pain, and so he might actually enjoy it, but it was cold comfort.
    You thought I had a fully-functional computer, but it was I, Dio Gremlin!

Quote Originally Posted by Ishimi View Post
    Well how the hell are we supposed to know what to do if you come right out and say it?
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1417

The Greatest Ending in the Universe

The heat in the presence of the Heart of Arcos is palpable, the ground beneath his feet glowing and melting away.

You're the only thing that's true in a universe of lies. Hailing smiled back at Vodkana. Somehow...I don't think you containing me is an option.

You will not. The solar Arcosian says to Vodkana. Apparently in agreement with Hailing.

Concern for Polar's well-being makes me a sociopath. Right. Hailing replied extremely sarcastically to Starlight's accusation. Not the planetary annihilation, not the pointless wars, not the rampant hedonism. Nope. Asking you not to hurt Polar.

It's actually a wierd thing I know about, in the future. Hailing admits. "Frieza did it." Apparently he's the gold-standard of intergalactic tyranny and vileness. He chuckles. No respect. No class. Say what you want, but I kept my word when I gave it.

So, um...
    He paused after 23's explanation of his fate. Could you run that by me one more time...? I'm not sure I heard you correctly. Who ARE you, exactly? He looks to the fiery Arcosian as best he can, as to look upon him directly was physically painful.

All you need to know. I am. The Heart of Arcos. I will explain. Everything. In due time.

Hold on, I need some context, here! Hailing starts to panic a little, the Heart moving towards him, he could feel the divine flames licking at his flesh, Hailing raised an arm defensively.

Then receive it. He extended a hand, and touched Hailing's chest with a finger. At first, nothing seemed to happen, though Hailing seemed to be shivering.

W-what did you do?!

Chose my successor.

Hailing shuddered as his insides began to glow becoming even more intense until his bio-armor radiated with incandescence. Only the Heart's solar fire shined brighter, much to the alarm of the former Emperor.

What the HFIL's going on?! He asked in vain before looking at the androids as the first licks of flame began to form on his body.

If you've got something to sing, then do it now! I feel like i'm about to explode!

The Heart, meanwhile, turned to 23. Iridescent, exhausted eyes gazing out from within the arcosian silouhette inside. Thank you. For your assistance. Arcos. Shall endure. A while longer.
    Banana

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Titan in the Playground

The Greatest Lullaby In the Universe
    Jade shakes her head sadly.
    "Unfortunately Starlight.....he DOES have logical reason to suspect that we could kill Polar. Putting aside morality for a moment, Polar is the prince. In mortal monarchies there is no real way to change rulers if they gone bad aside from force unless the ruler themselves abdicates. And any family member of the monarch has a claim to their position if they die. He is worried that we would kill Polar to complete the overthrow of the monarchy to prevent Polar organizing his own rebellion against us to restore it by using his legitimate claim to the throne as a base. Not every evil needs sociopathy to be carried out, and its kind of why monarchy is a bad system of government. By cold political calculation, we're taking a risk leaving Polar alive.

Regardless, we're not killing him. I never planned on it and I can respect a guy whose first thoughts on defeat are to make sure their child is safe."

She patiently explains knowing that the only ruler Starlight grew up with is Celestia, so her society never experienced things like a feudal succession crisis.

"I'm glad I was able to help, Guardian of Arcos. I keep my promises to."
    Jade and Beryl nod at Hailing and fly up into the sky to get back, Masala following along and the two Androids join their inward hands to clasp one another while spreading their outwards out like angels, they begin to sing a sad song, one about containing a fallen being who was once good. As they sing, phantom ki images of angels with wings appear around them, circling the scene to join in, singing perhaps the most epic lullaby in existence:
    "Now we give you...."
    "....Exec_Chronicle_Key."

Wee ki ra chs Chronicle Key en grandee sos dius yor.
    <To protect you, precious one, I'll play the Chronicle Key>

Wee ki ra araus tes soare an giue mea iem.
    <In exchange for sacrificing myself, I'll offer this song now>

Was au ga whai pauwel ferda enter whou na nedle sor,
    <Why must power dwell in unselfish people?>

en whai pauwel gaunji yasra whou na cenjue sor tou zuieg.
    <Why does power torture the kind people that don't wish for conflict?>

Was au ga, Diasee, Pauwee,
    <Oh Child of God, oh Child of Power>

aiph yos delij zuieg, en nedle eterne falfa,
    <If you detest the fighting and seek the eternal peace>

slepir tes pauwel an hyzik,
    <I'll lay your power and body to sleep>

fatere tes pauwel chs deleir, en ousye yor.
    <Before your power becomes a calamity and gnaws even at your own self>

Wee ki ra selena anw yasra wiene,
    <I'll play a gentle sound>

en chs Chronicle Key sos yor.
    <a lullaby for you.>

Wee ki ra araus tes soare an giue mea iem.
    <In exchange for cursing myself, I'll offer this song now>

Was au ga whai pauwel ferda enter whou na nedle sor,
    <Why must power dwell in unselfish people?>

en whai pauwel gaunji yasra whou na cenjue sor tou zuieg.
    <Why does power torture the kind people that don't wish for conflict?>

Was au ga, aiph yos delij
    <If you detest...>

Was au ga, Diasee, Pauwee,
    <Oh Child of God, oh Child of Power>

aiph yos delij zuieg,
    <If you detest the fighting...>

en nedle eterne falfa,
    <...and seek the eternal peace>

slepir tes pauwel an hyzik,
    <I'll lay your power and body to sleep>

Was ki ra, grandi en eterne slepir,
    <To protect your heart, I'll bestow eternal sleep upon you>

presia aterra cremia sos viuy lonfa,
    <I'll invite your soul shaded in darkness to salvation>

yehar lamenza der soare mea.
    <And may the words of prayer I craft for you release you from your deep grief>

presia aterra cremia sos viuy lonfa,
    <I'll invite your soul shaded in darkness to salvation>

yehar lamenza der soare mea.
    <And may the words of prayer I craft for you release you from your deep grief>

It was one of the most human, most peaceful yet sad songs the Androids ever heard, and the context behind it was only sadder. For it was about the seemingly inevitable nature of conflict and the selfless people who seek peace despite it, as well as the grief that comes from such conflict. It seemed to be trying to offer Hailing a measure of peace despite all that happened. When the song ends, the phantoms fade and the Androids turn around. Their song was their farewell, and they did not need to say anymore. Jade will then Instant Transmission everyone back to the Lookout once they've had said their goodbyes.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Ettin in the Playground

[Earth; Kami's Lookout]

Calcifer the Second claps his hands when he sees the Rebel Alliance appearing on the Lookout. The metallic sound echoes in the air like sound of hammer against an anvil. "Well done Android 23... or should I call you Jade Refera, now?" He puts his hands behind his back. "I Congratulate you and your comrades on your victory. Now, I you could spare a moment? I believe we have some unfinished business."

10. - Top - End - #1420

It has been. A while. Since I have experienced. Such beauty. The Heart of Arcos replies to the androids as a column of solar fire rises from the duo. Farewell. Hailing and the Heart vanish in the white hot heat, the only evidence of their presence as the column fades behind their ascent is the molten stone beneath them.

The Lookout

Though his clothes were ragged, only his trousers managed to survive the battle, Apfel looked no worse for wear, largely in thanks to Starlight's earlier healing. As the group arrived on the Lookout, he dropped his Awakened form, and began to stumble with a hand to his head. Ah... He said listlessly. Forgive me, I...just...I can't believe he's gone. Hahahah...

It's been so long, I can scarcely remember a time without him...
    Banana

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Titan in the Playground

Epilogue: Lookout
    "Just Jade will do. as for unfinished business.....uh....I'm sorry. I'm too tired to access my perfect memory right now and I've probably forgotten whatever business we had. Things to get like that after a big battle. You just get caught up in the moment, crazy things are happening and then it ends and you realize hey you can now start planning for the future beyond the next few seconds again and its just feels good to be alive."
    She walks over to him, a little shakily, rubbing her head.
    "So whats the deal? I just got off from going rainbow goat godsona out of nowhere and imprisoning Hailing in divine fire in the middle of a planet, so I'm going to take my time with things for a few minutes at the very least. Get everything mentally processed."

“Ah yes that reminds me.” Tarasai says
    “Vodkana. Calcifer here thinks that we may already be connected and that since you died and I did not that maybe you somehow passed on the god of destruction job to someone else. I told him that no the bond shouldn't be working yet, but we need to make sure. This is important, because if I'm right you should still be viable as god of destruction, but if he is right, that means someone else has it and we need to do some work transfer it back.”

"I offer my congratulations." Shanakan says stoically.
    'I admit, even with my fate sight, I was not sure what the signs meant, so even I was surprised. You have done something great today. Whether it proves good or bad in the long term, you have done greatness."
    ".....Wait does this not mean that since our side won, that we get to determine whether Earth is apart of the Empire anymore?" Luxana asks, confused.

Epilogue: Time Patrol
    "Whelp." Future Trunks said. "The battles over. The danger of time breaker interference has passed, so we should probably get back to the rest of our jobs."
    Chronoa had been busy eating popcorn. "Aw c'mon, can't we skip to their next fight? I want to know what happens next. That was awesome!"
    "Sigh. Supreme Kai of Time, we can't just sit around watching them, we have other things to do.
    "Aaaaaaaaaaw" the other few time patrollers groan at this as they put away their own snacks. Fight-watching duty was one of the most relaxing parts of their job.
    "Like bring U13's North Kaiio and Trombone Jr. back to them and outline what they have done, and what to do about it."
    The begrudgingly get up to take them back in their cells and follow Future Trunks along to the Lookout. they will arrive when your finished with other conversations and will not be taking place at the same time as them. Chronoa is staying behind, guarded by other Time Patrollers. U13 has been officially rated as too dangerous for her to enter after all.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Ettin in the Playground

[Earth; Kami's Lookout]

"Jade it is then", Calcifer the Second says with a nod and looks past the edge of the Lookout. "I'll be more than happy to remind you of the details. But let's find a spot that's less noisy. This needs not concern everyone here." He floats off the Lookout and down to its base, expecting Jade to follow.

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Titan in the Playground

Lookout
    She floats a little lazily down to Calcifer so that the others out of earshot, putting her hands in her pockets.
    "Okay. Say it, whats concerns me but no one else?"

Meanwhile Masala has a thought and expresses to Beryl
    "Wait a minute, why are YOU Chara and other mom Asriel? Given that the cosplays are reflections of yourself, and Chara is the darker more determined one and Asriel is the more idealistic and forgiving one, shouldn't SHE be the one with all the red knifes and YOU with the rainbow powers?"
    "Think of it as our form of yin-yang: Jade found within herself what she saw in me and I found in myself what I see in her to form a kind of completeness. I motivate her to be more good and kind, and she motivates me to be more determined, strong and just in return, and the cosplays are the culmination of that. Because in the yin-yang symbol, there are the little dots surrounded by the bigger teardrops, which shows there is always a little bit of one in the other to show that they are connected and cooperative."
    "Oooooooh! That makes sense."
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2017-12-07 at 05:44 AM.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Ettin in the Playground

Calcifer II waves his right hand around lazily. "I believe the condition of the Red Planet Army's and the Rebel Alliance's co-operation was that after Hailing was done for, we'd submit to your judgement as to whether we should all be scrapped or not. Well, here we are."

15. - Top - End - #1425

RedWizardGuy

Hyperbolic Time Chamber

For most of the rest of the day-year they were spending in the Time Chamber, Max built up his power level by sparring with the others and worked on mastering the techniques that he had been working on. All told, it was a rather productive year, even if only a day passed outside.

Of course, by the time they were exiting one of Max's ulterior motives would have become plain: He had grown out a full and luxurious beard, which his mustache grew into nicely. And both Asalute and Freis could vouch for the manliness of the activities that had gone into it's growth.

In any case, Max would let the others exit onto the Lookout first. He expected Yankar to try and rush out the door, eager to face Hailing. Personally, Max hoped that the others had handled it in the interim, as the alternative might involve walking out of the time chamber and into a pile of rubble that used to be Earth.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Titan in the Playground

Epilogue: Yankar
    After a day passes, Yankar steps out of the chamber, proclaiming:
    "Yes. I am done! My power is greater than ever before, HAILING YOU SHALL BE DEFEAT-"
    "Oh hi Yankar!" Tarasai says
    "Good news, The Rebel Alliance won! The Androids even managed to discover new super forms through their cosplay to turn the tides! Guess reinforcements weren't needed after all!"
    Yankar's eye twitches then he lets a skyward roar of pure rage at this. It is said that that it is so powerful that planets hundreds of light years away will still hear it someday.

Lookout
    Jade is unsure of what your talking about for a moment. Then she remembers.
    "Oh right! The whole thing we talked about when you first showed up and was like,
    "what the hell?" Hm. Well I just kept Hailing the arcosian mega-hitler alive so he can burn in Arcos's core for centuries to power his planet, and I'm feeling tired right now, so its like, what have you done lately that could possibly be horrible enough for to consider punishing any of you? I mean there was that plan you had to provoke Hailing and sacrifice Earth which would somehow serve some greater good and it seemed real infuriating to me at the time for some reason, but you never seemed to like actually carry it out, so its like,
    I can't really punish you for something you didn't DO.

So-"

Future Trunks and a squad of Time Patrollers show up, teleporting in with North Kaiio and Trombone Jr. still in their portable cells.
    "We have important business to discuss."
    Jade groans and looks over at them. What now? There is a moment where Jade's and Future Trunks eye's meet. They hold an intense stare down, each knowing the others story, but never having met each other before.
    ".....I take it your Jade Refera, formerly Android 23, the android time traveler who messed U13?"
    "I take it your Future Trunks, the half-saiyan time traveler who messed up U7?"
    They both let the questions hang in the air. Still staring intensely at each other. Seeing the same steely determination and will to protect others in each other. Then Jade decides to break the ice.
    "I have recorded memories of you slicing freeza in half. Just gotta say: that was awesome."
    "Your takedown of Hailing wasn't too bad yourself. A little flashy for my tastes, but a wins a win."
    They are now smiling at each other, seeing kindred spirits in arms and both seeming to relax at each other's presence.
    "So, what are YOU here for? and why is a Kai and Trombone Jr. in weird force fields? Starlight is going to have a fit if she sees him imprisoned like this."
    "Uh, yeah about that, recently Trombone Jr. and North Kaiio carried out a prank upon Chronoa, the Supreme Kai of Time. Unfortunately this prank involved using a Trombone cultist ritual to steal a god's divinity and he succeeded. Trombone Jr. gave it back to Chronoa, but that still doesn't change the fact that he stole a god's divinity over petty reasons."
    "......WHY??"
    "Because apparently this was all some convoluted scheme of Yama's for allowing an obnoxious person like agent RSQW to stay around in our organization and screw up relations with people rather than let them retire in some cozy timeline where nothing happens. and because Chronoa rejected his advances a long time ago."
    "Goddammit Oxyribo."
    "but he has nothing to do with-"
    "He is to blame. I know it. So let me get this straight:
    Agent RSQW comes to OUR timeline, wasn't respectful to Yama and North Kaiio, the time Patrol punished her for it, and Yama's response was to BUILD AN ARMY OF MECHANICAL ROBOTS TO SCREW WITH THEM IN GENERAL, KIDNAP A NAMEKIAN CHILD, TEACH HIM TO DO A RITUAL KNOWN BEING USED BY UNDEAD TERRORISTS TRYING TO DESTROY THE UNIVERSE, TO USE AS A PRANK UPON THE ONE BEING CHARGED WITH PROTECTING ALL OF TIME AND SPACE, ALL BECAUSE OF TWO PETTY GRUDGES!? OF ALL THE STUPID PETTY CONVOLUTED BULL! I WAS WORRIED THIS WAS AN ACTUAL POTENTIAL THREAT!
    AND NOW WE'RE HERE! BY GAMIKAI THIS IS STUPID!"

"It gets worse: while it was just a prank, the fact Chronoa's divinity was stolen at all means U13 is a major security threat. That power to steal divinity isn't any other Universe. We can't just ignore that this happened, and Trombone Cultists have people just as young capable of similar rituals, so its not even something anomalous. Fortunately we're not Gods of Destruction, so we can deal with this in a nuanced manner. We're here because you Calcifer are the next leader after Trombone Jr in the Red Planet Army, while you Jade care for the fate of U13 a lot. So, how are we going to make sure this all works out for all of us?"
    Jade sighs, rubbing her temples.
    "....To answer your question Calcifer, I'm strongly considering scrapping you again.
    If any of you have any good reasons NOT to do that, now would be the time to tell me. I just defeated Hailing and got a super form, I'm tired so: my patience for bull? Very thin right now."
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Ettin in the Playground

"I have no good reason for not scrapping the Red Planet Army", Calcifer the Second says matter of factly. He seems entirely undistressed by this.

Trombone Junior shrugs in his bindings. "Yeah, me neither. They've served their purpose."

North Kaioo looks at Trunks. "Now now, don't go around giving Yama too much credit. Remember this was my idea also." Then he looks at Jade. "Oh, and Oxyribo seriously isn't to blame. He, and you, were being manipulated by the real culprit, who you have never met nor even heard about before. It's a whole thing. I can explain it later, if you really want to hear it."

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Titan in the Playground

Vodkana

Vodkana cried. She tried to grab Hailing.
    "Good bye, my love.." a force, started to drag her back to other world.
    "I will see you again. Nya. I promise."
    she waved to the others.
    "I love you all... even if you are going to leave me to burn in Hell... I will always love you all. Nya." and with that she faded into the Other World
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

pony emoctions:http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...05&postcount=1

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Vodkana

Vodkana cried. She tried to grab Hailing.
    "Good bye, my love.." a force, started to drag her back to other world.
    "I will see you again. Nya. I promise."
    she waved to the others.
    "I love you all... even if you are going to leave me to burn in Hell... I will always love you all. Nya." and with that she faded into the Other World
    Lookout
    Who says she does? Even including Exec Chronicle Key, she still has five minutes remaining. She isn't fading for a few minutes yet, c'mon, we need to have a talk here, Starlight included.
    "Vodkana, would you please stop that? You either think nothing is wrong and thus everything is ok and thus improve nothing about yourself, or think everything is wrong and that the worst possible things are going to happen and that there is no hope for anything for you to do, so you automatically give up. I have problems with you yes. But you need to recognize the nuances between a problem that you can fix, a problem you can't and no problem at all. You can't improve or help anyone if you keep thinking like this. If your just going to ignore every problem or despair when you can't, your just setting yourself up for more failure! I don't say these things out of hate.

I say them out of love- because telling you the truth? Giving you the skills to actually be competent as your own person? Is more important than any fluffy pretty words that sound comforting, but really don't mean anything. Look, I know you want to impress Jade. I know you want to be a God of Destruction. But have you ever thought that maybe, given what you do, and how you act....that maybe other things could be more suited for you instead? Like, Jade doesn't WANT people to impress her. She just wants people to be themselves to live peacefully without putting on airs and showing off.

While you.....honestly, I don't see you becoming a God of Destruction, and nor do I see that as a bad thing. Whoever said thats your only path available to you in life? Who said that Jade is someone you have to impress? There is so much more to this world than just gaining all the power you can and protecting the people within it. Who said you HAD to participate in the battle at all? If you were uncomfortable with fighting it, you could've just told us that you didn't want to participate! We would've left you at the Shenron with no hard feelings! Heck, who said you have to keep being a warrior? You could be anything you want, and you just seem to be trying to be something your not. You could enjoy so much about this world without having to shoulder responsibilities you don't seem particularly comfortable having.

I'm not saying this to insult you! I'm saying this because I'm concerned that your making decisions for not the best reasons. I mean sure, the whole Hailing battle is high pressure, but you chose to be in that battle! We don't want to make you go through such situations where you break down from stress you can't handle, and we didn't try to force you. We only want people who are willing and able to handle such situations, and if your not able, thats ok! There is no shame in not being a protector on the caliber of someone like Jade, she is an exceptional person and not really the rule. Tons of people lead fulfilling lives without ever experiencing a tenth or even a hundredth of the power we use. Heck, you don't even need to be a fighter to make up for all the crimes done under Spoon! You could be a chef that cures famines, a philanthropist, a celebrity that sponsors and lets people know of others plights for donations, a medic, a nutritionist....all of those sound more like what you have been doing with us than what your goal is already, and none of them require you to fight on the battlefield and whats so bad about any of those?

And honestly.....if you still want to impress Jade....giving up and despairing into hell? That is not what will impress her. Her most basic lesson is to not give up. to keep living, to keep trying to keep going. If I'm being honest....your not like Jade, and you don't have to be. your not like a god of Destruction and you don't have to be one, no matter who says you do. I mean what is saying that you HAVE to do all this? your Beerus heritage? If its making you unhappy, I say screw it! Because you seem to be under the impression that you somehow have to do all this, that you HAVE to impress Jade, that you HAVE to fight, that you HAVE to be a Goddess of Destruction no matter what, when no one ever said that. You have nothing to prove. So please.....don't despair.....but don't fall into the illusion that you don't have problems and that everything is okay just because you smile and put on a cheery face. If you have a problem, if your not comfortable, don't hide it, don't try to impress us. Just.....let us know in the future ok? Please?"

Beryl gives her a sad smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    "I have no good reason for not scrapping the Red Planet Army", Calcifer the Second says matter of factly. He seems entirely undistressed by this.

Trombone Junior shrugs in his bindings. "Yeah, me neither. They've served their purpose."

North Kaioo looks at Trunks. "Now now, don't go around giving Yama too much credit. Remember this was my idea also." Then he looks at Jade. "Oh, and Oxyribo seriously isn't to blame. He, and you, were being manipulated by the real culprit, who you have never met nor even heard about before. It's a whole thing. I can explain it later, if you really want to hear it."
    Bottom of Lookout
    "Ok then. Thats...a switch. Guess I'm not that angry anymore, because this whole thing just gave me 108 targets to have fun blowing up. Well 106 or 107, probably should at least take one of your infinite energy engines and give it to the Tuffles, maybe Artic too, see what sane people do with that kind of tech for once. I'm just going to assume none of the juggernauts have souls and that I'm just doing the responsible thing by making sure a young namekian child proven capable of stealing a god's divinity doesn't have 108 dangerous toys to play with by ordering them around."
    Future Trunks nods.
    "That will do for Trombone Jr's punishment I should think. But we need to discuss what to do about future attempts at trying to steal gods divinity, as well as North Kaiio's role in all this. He is the adult in this situation so its him we should concern ourselves the most."
    "But what is he talking about being manipulated."
    "Oh just some nameless god person. There is no evidence that he has done anything recently, or is around anymore, so he isn't really worth watching out for. Trust me on this."
    "Then I don't care, and neither should anyone else. So about this U13 security thing your talking about? What does this entail?"
    "I'm thinking we quietly quarantine Universe 13 until the Trombone Cultist threat has been dealt with entirely by you guys. You have not yet gotten to the point where you'd be interacting with other Universes, and its probably best for you guys as well. Universe 13 is in no position to be dealing with that sort of inter-universal politics yet, and it wouldn't be a good idea for the magic to steal divinity to get outside your Universe. You don't want to deal with other Universes being paranoid of yours, there are ways of crossing over and some Universes are not above sending assassins or saboteurs. Will not state the actual reason for doing the quarantine though, that would only cause panic."
    "What about timeline refugees? This universe does seem to have a tendency to dump people from other timelines here that are good for some reason."
    "Well you want your independence and since you guys seem to care so much, they're going to be your problem, using your own judgement to solve."
    "and people from other Universes if they get across the quarantine?"
    "also your problem. Basically we'll do what we can to make sure they stay out as long as they're not in U13, but once they are, thats your problem to deal with. This universe? Strictly YOUR jurisdiction. Any time patroller desiring to help you will have to get your permission and follow the rules of your universe."
    "and we if try to get out?"
    "We stop you unless you come to us and give us a good reason to allow you permission. Basically set up a passport system of sorts."
    "So basically no one in, no one out of the Universe unless you got proper clearance? Hm, anyone have a problem with this idea? I mean the only problem I have is that it will make exploring other Universes harder for me since me and Beryl are curious about them, but we can see the greater need of it, and we still have this universe to check out first."
    "I'm thinking the quarantine would at least be suitable because it will at least contain the Trombone Cultist threat and if anyone does find out about it, it will show that everyone involved took steps to keep it to a minimum."
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Ettin in the Playground

[Earth; Bottom of the Lookout]

While Jade and Trunks discuss, King Kai and Trombone Junior exchange meaningfull glances behind Trunks's back. They both have sh*t-eating grins of somewhat disturbing proportions on their faces. They immediately try to look normal if Trunks glances at them.

Meanwhile, Calcifer shrugs, draws up his left sleeve and opens what looks like a control panel of mechanical dials and switches embedded into it. "If you want combat practice, I suppose that is fine. But you shouldn't worry about the perpetual motion machine. Max Banders has an intact one, from the future, in his ship. And if you find that inscrutable, it is not like we are the last examples of Lord Gero's genius in this world. Before setting foot in the room of mind and time for the last time, our creators built a model city and a brotherhood of robot apostles to teach humans. They will become deactivated in... eighteen years or so, but that ought to be plenty for you to find them and ask a permission to study their engines in peace."

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Titan in the Playground

Bottom of the Lookout
    Jade raises an eyebrow at their meme faces but doesn't comment. She has seen it all before.
    ".....I don't think that the quarantine will be a problem at all. As for North Kaiio's punishment, perhaps since he went to such great lengths to teach the Time Patrol a lesson over politeness to gods, he can serve his time by teaching a class on godly etiquette to new time patrollers in Toki-Toki City at prescribed sections of his day for a certain amount of time? Give him the rudest, loudest, long-winded and stupidest of the bunch? add in ones that hate puns when you can?"
    "I like the way you think."
    "Also, we should send Trombone Jr. to be raised by a good family. I'm thinking a family that eats nothing but meat. Exclusively. Really open him up to other cultures and viewpoints."
    Jade tells him with a mischievous smile. She can play the pranking game just as well.
    "Oooorr....."
    She conjures up two new plates of food.
    "They can both eat a single serving of my new dish: Trollsteak surprise."
    She offers the food. The trollsteak might be the worse punishment of the two. Trunks takes a step back in horror.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Ettin in the Playground

Trombone Junior looks at the plate, then at Jade. "That's not a choice, I don't really eat stuff, I just drink water and absorb sunlight", they say plainly.

For his part, King Kai shrugs and looks at Trunks. "Eh, it can't be worse than teaching that Cross Clan Namekian. Let's go. We don't want to hold them from their victory celebrations, do we?"

Meanwhile, Calcifer the Second detaches a black, cube-like device from his arm and hands it to Jade. "Here's a control module for the Martian and Trans-Neptunean defense networks. If Luxana's going to be new God of Earth, it's only proper she has this. Or, I suppose she could give it to her father. Either works. If they need instructions, Max Banders will surely be more than willing to help." If or when Jade takes the device, he puts his hands behind his back. "Let me know when you want to schedule our last dance. But now, I suggest you go and spend time with your friends."

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Titan in the Playground

Lookout
    Jade takes the device and smiles. Both of them did technically deny even trying the food so......just as planned.
    "Oh well, if you say so. perhaps should've gone with water so foul that it tastes horrible but is technically still drinkable. I'll be sure to give it to them."
    She then flies up while Trunks the two off to their respective punishments. I don't really care enough to detail them.

Beryl just sighs as Vodkana fades anyways, worried and shaking her head. as Jade comes back upand hand sLuxana the control module, she asks
    "Where'd Vodkana go?"
    "She gone back to Otherworld."
    "Aaaw, I wanted to talk to her. I felt like I failed her. I was supposed to be her teacher,
    and don't think I did well enough since I got her killed."

Beryl sighed. Of course. She was about reassure her when Yankar suddenly came storming up to jade.
    "YOU! YOU BETRAYED HUMANITY!"
    "What."
    "YOU ACHIEVED A SUPER FORM! YOUR NO BETTER THAN SUPER SAIYANS! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT!?"
    "Ok. 1: Who the hell are you? and 2: WHY is this a bad thing?"
    "I am Yankar, Descendant of Yamcha! I come from the Age 1000, where many people have resorted to lazily achieving the Super saiyan form for a quick boost of power rather than achieving real strength and skill. They even form an elite class of warrior looking down upon all those who can't. I have rejected their ways. I will defeat the super saiyan using no super forms at all! No tricks! I will prove a real martial artist, a real human does not need such things to be strong, no matter how much anyone says otherwise! You on the other hand....you I thought that even though you are Android, that you'd know the pain since your human. of someone just......transforming and their power unfairly out of nowhere! WHY!?"
    "Ok. Dude. Chill. I don't really care about your martial artist pride whatevers. I was just protecting the galaxy from a tyrant and using any and all methods and weapons to do so. I don't really care about humanity's pride. I care about its survival. I care about protecting people. Not satisfying some warriors ideal."
    "Nonsense! Surely you take pride your craft! Surely you enjoy the fight! Surely you seek challenge for its own sake! To test your limits to your utmost!"
    "Nah. There is no pride in killing people. Or stupid frivolous fights over slights to stupid things like honor for no reason. I am here, because I'm needed. Because I've seen idiots like you.
    Like Vegeta. Like Goku. Fighting against the threats of the universe for FUN, and I do NOT like what I see. Do you think I'm just going to leave the fate of the world in the hands of people like you? No. Never. I'm not taking that risk. Take your honor, take your martial artist pride and shove it. All you martial artists are the same, thinking that because you enjoy the fight the most, that your best at your craft, and that anyone who is good enough to be strong? Must enjoy it to. Behold how wrong you are, for I have defeated Emperor Hailing, a human with like what? some cybernetics implanted? Against what, an arcosian greater than freeza? I've gotten to the top of that mountain and I don't really care how did it so as long as I did. And really that itself took some teamwork, so it'd be rude to brag too much, even though thats the best such an achievement really nets you: bragging rights."

"Rrrrrrgh! We'll see how much your bragging when I defeat you! I challenge you to a duel!"
    Jade shrugs and says "I decline."
    "What!?"
    "I decline. I'm turning down your challenge. I'm not interested in a fight to prove whose battle prowess is bigger, really getting into a junk-measuring contest with a woman, you should know better."
    She shrugs her arms spread out while winking mischievously.
    "Wha-But- Have you no honor!? You content with such cowardice!?"
    "Nope! No honor at all! Honorless Jade thats me! No honor, no shame, no problems! Look at me without any honor whatsoever, all snidely whiplash up in here! Heck, technically I'm not even human anymore, so your wrong about that to! Transhuman is the term I believe."
    She does a little tap dance as she says this. Yankar narrows his eyes at this.
    ".....No honor. No longer human. No martial pride. Your everything I wish to avoid. That I'm against. I hate you. Goodbye."
    Yankar then flies away.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2017-12-08 at 03:19 PM.
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

24. - Top - End - #1434

The Lookout

What...IS honor, exactly? Apfel asks as he watches Yankar take off. I feel no compulsion to seek what I cannot define, and I fail to see how the outcome changes if Hailing were defeated 'honorably' versus a 'dishonorable' battle.

He might be dangerous in the future.
    Apfel turns to 23. But I cannot foresee a definite outcome.

Oh, it's you. Asalute snides as he steps outward from the Time Chamber as well, his power having raised to a massive 50 million.

I hope you're happy about what you're about to do to the universe.

I fail to see the issue with removing a criminal from high office. Apfel responds.

Political stability! I know you're not unintelligent, surely you know that with THIS kind of power-vacuum, even Polar is going to have a hard time taking the Throne.

Polar? Do not be daft, Captain, mmnyes. Baron Fries hovered behind him, his power a high though less impressive 12 million.

HE will be the new Emperor. One could almost hear glass shattering. For a moment, Asalute appeared surprised. Very much so.

Is this what this was all about? Weren't satisfied with the Segmentum Governorship, were ya?

It's not about power. It's about justice.

What ever you need to tell yourself, genius. He says simply.

Now I understand that I couldn't stop you. At best, I might have slowed you down for maybe, one second if I had been there, doing my job...but if you've gotten this far, i'm sure you have a plan. A whole bunch of favors you've called in and promised in exchange for recognition of your legitimacy to the Throne.

Okay, that's fair.
    He raises his hands, palms outwards.

I hear Donut's nice this time of year anyways.

A fair warning though, Your Majesty Apparent: Fries says. The Imperial Bureaucracy is quite vast, mmnyes.
    Expect conspiracy and intrigue.

Should you require aid, my loyalty is to the Court of the Eye, whomsoever sits upon its throne. I am at your disposal, mmnyes.

Speaking of... Asalute puts his hands on his hips. Is that stupid moostache contest still on?

Apfel blinked. ...moustache contest? What is a 'moustache?'
    Banana

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Titan in the Playground

Lookout
    "Hm. I don't know. Some people find unreachable ideals and try to hold themselves to them to prove something. I'm guessing he is age one thousand guy who is a throwback to the days of the Z-fighters...they had strange ideas about the morality of their fights. They would team up to defeat a villain in some situations but wouldn't lift a finger to help their comrade in others. They would leave a single fighter to fight a guy alone and simply have faith that their guy is stronger. Goku's morality was even STRANGER: he spared people, not out any belief in goodness but just because he wanted to fight them again when they became stronger. He gave a senzu bean to a villain to heal THEM up out of fairness when said villain wanted to destroy the world if he won a duel, then go to just flat out make all life extinct. Often they faced a single overpowering villain that they fought one at a time until Goku showed up and won except that one time when his son did it instead. Just...did a lot of things not very logical to actually protecting the world. Which is kind of why I don't identify as a martial artist."
    "She is not kidding." Future Trunks says he passes by in flight. "I met them. I still facepalm at every move they make to prolong a fight out of enjoyment rather than just end it quickly like I do."
    "Though I do see some of his reasoning: normal humans don't have powers ups and whatnot that give all the edges and advantages. To him, its important because if he can't prove a normal unaltered human can fight toe-to-toe with the rest of the fighters and win, what hope does the rest of humanity of doing so without enhancing themselves like me? Sure I provide a hope for their protection and survival, but what if they don't want my form of protection? What does it mean if his efforts don't work, and cyborgs and enhanced people like me are humanity's only real option for fighting well in this world? He is fighting his own battle, against a history of vanilla humans fighting as bravely as they can, only to lose or to be time-stallers for super saiyans who finish the job. For example, would you be satisfied if your place as a fighter was to forever be someone who buys time until the Arcosians arrive to win it for you? I know I'm not."
    She shrugs at Apfel while smiling sadly.
    "I mean.....when some of the human Z-Fighters just outright stopped regularly training in martial arts and switched careers in the later years to the leave the fighting to aliens and saiyan-human hybrids....well that kind of speaks for itself now doesn't it?"

Epilogue: The Saiyans
    Prince Vegeta the Seventh's eyes now burned with a desire to train harder than ever. He was only ten years old, but he knew he had a destiny to fulfill. That if that golden arcosian and strange rainbow alien were real- why not the super saiyan legend? He went forth to spar.

Many children who watched that fight became fans of the rainbow colored heroine that day- the young always look up to such people thinking them badasses and creating stories about romanticized, idealized versions of them in their head. One such eight year old girl, was Pinappla, a saiyan girl, whose eyes shined bright at seeing such a person. She was inspired by Jade. She resolved herself- one day, she would find Jade and prove that she is strong as well!
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew

26. - Top - End - #1436

RedWizardGuy

The Lookout

Max had followed the others out, letting them be noticed first and taking any attention away so that he could play off having his finger at the ready to space suit himself up on exiting the Time Chamber. After all, he had been partially expecting Hailing to have won the fight and blown up Earth in a fit of childishness. On hearing from the others that Hailing had been defeated, Max silently pumped his fist in the background, happy that the contingency, and contingency he had planted into his contingency, were utterly unnecessary now. Well, probably.

When the subject of a mustache contest game up, Max cleared his throat and spoke up to Apfel, "Well, a mustache is a bit of facial hair upon the upper lip. A mustache contest, then, is a contest of beauty and form, a contest of manliness. After all, I had no idea that Hailing was about to be toppled from his throne, and this provided an avenue to attempt to emancipate my world and give it an opportunity to grow up and form it's own culture, instead of being utterly contaminated by the galactic scene."

Max then cleared his throat, "After all, it provided a nonlethal means of breaking away. One in which I would not be force to kill however many it took to send the message that Earth should be left to it's own devices for a while. And that, it seems to me, is the more civilized path: Avoiding bloodshed when possible. If we can skip the mustache contest and have the Empire recognize Earth and it's solar well as it's territory, that's fine with me too."

27. - Top - End - #1437

Apfel put a hand under his chin in thought.

Perhaps there is some irony in the emnity of this human. He remarks, referring to Yankar. You are neither Saiyan nor Arcosian yet you achieved a transformation comparable to their greatest forms, using a power that anyone could use. You have bridged the racial divide between power, and and the lack thereof. Perhaps an even greater irony is that whereas Yankar is simply making incremental advances, 23, that is to say Jade achieved a leap in power through innovation.

Regardless, we have an opportunity to safeguard our universe without relying on two Saiyans. A species biologically programmed to seek out challenging battle, yet lacking in the ability to override base instinct for a higher purpose.

Regardless, is he certain his name is 'Yankar?' I look into his future and time itself recognizes him as 'Worf.' Curious.

Urg, a most frightening fellow. Freis remarks. Driven with no greater desire than personal physical prowess,
    as an end to itself, yet I pity him, mmnyes. What wanton tragedy and heartbreak drives him to such obsession?

Maybe his best friend moved out of town because he was too weak. Asalute shrugged. It was a terrible premise. It's a good thing nobody ever conceived of such a villain who would use such a flimsy and common occurrence as a pretense to rip apart time itself and place their world into mortal danger. Nope. Then again it could be worse, such as having an obsession with killing someone because they made you cry when you were a baby once. Oh well.

If it ends peacefully...I...see no reason why this moustache contest cannot be allowed to proceed. Apfel stated. Unsure how it is facial hair was the standard by which manliness was measured. Why couldn't they use spot density as a measurement of manliness, like Reef Incirrians? Then again, Deep Incirrians measured fang length. Amphibious aliens need something. A fair contest, then, to decide the fate of the world! He spared a glance at Max, and winked. Though he wasn't Emperor yet, returning Earth to autonomy and independence would be well within his power.
    Banana

28. - Top - End - #1438

RedWizardGuy

The Lookout

"A Mustache Contest it is, then." Max nodded in reply to Apfel, then looked over to Asalute, "As our previous agreement seems to be standing, that gives us six days to retrieve our respective judges and contestants and be back here for the contest."

Max waved gave a short wave, then disappeared as he used Instant Transmission to head to the Check In Station.

Otherworld, Check In Station

Appearing with no announcement, appointment, nor fanfare, Max cleared his throat as he touched down, "Excuse me, King Yemma? If I might be so forward, I'd like to extend an offer and a request. The offer would be to have a short vacation on Earth, as I imagine your task of judging souls can be quite time consuming and even wearying at times. The request would be to utilize your aforementioned awesome judging prowess to resolve a contest of mustaches that will determine the fate of the Earth with regards to claims by the Arcosian Empire, off in North Galaxy. After all, your own facial hair is quite legendary, your judgement seems like a perfect fit."

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Ettin in the Playground

King Yenma stares at Max, his eye twitching, unsure of whether to be flattered by the comment on his beard or insulted that someone is wasting time of the Judge of the Dead for such bizarre reason. "No. I have more important things to judge", he says after a while of pondering. Such as whether the poor soul sweating before him deserves to be cast in LAKE OF FIRE."I'll let this one slide because I am awesome and my beard is indeed legendary. Now get out so I can do my job."

30. - Top - End - #1440

RedWizardGuy

Max nodded, waving a little as he turned to go, "Well, thank you for your time." Max then touched his fingertips to his forehead and a moment later, he was gone. While his plan to recruit the Judge Of The Dead to be the end all, be all Judge of Facial Hair had fallen through, Max figured he would just have to rely on plan B: Winning regularly. Or, if that failed, Plan C: appealing to the new emperor to let his planet go.

To that end, Max would start searching around Earth to gather those with the best mustaches to defend Earth's honor in the up coming mustache contest.
    Last edited by Sagetim; 2017-12-12 at 05:06 PM.