New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitP] Foster's Home For Temporally-Displaced Friends

The Lookout

Something's not right, Artic noted. Sailor Arcos hasn't lost THAT much energy.

Nope, this is a trap. While clever, it's ineffective against enemies who can sense energy.

Just for the record, i'm doing this for me. H obliges, firing Ki blasts and shots from his blaster at Sailor Arcos, more interested in what she will do at the next moment than defeating her.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-10-05 at 04:16 PM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

The Lookout
    The next trick she does, is technically one that anyone can do, with the right training. Most people just dodge or slap aside ki blasts. It was simply quicker and more efficient. However, there is more to martial arts than that. There are hard styles which at least in this world, a vast majority of people seem to use, that involve things like punches, kicks, karate chops and whatnot. Then there are soft styles of martial arts, which are more about grappling, redirecting the flow of energy, takedowns and whatnot. Much like how one could grab the wrist of a thrown punch and use it to redirect that energy to throw someone to the ground, you could grab a ki blast and redirect it back at your opponent on the same principle.

It was harder to do, but rewarding when you pulled it off. She herself only tried it rarely, since such a redirection was actually supposed to be the basis for an entire defensive fighting style that one was supposed to specialize in. But she was a soldier taught a bag of tricks and tools to take out opponents rather than any cohesive fighting style, and she was willing to try anything at this point. So she exploded into action and quickly grabbed the barrage of ki blasts, redirecting the blasts into a big one, spinning around a little as she did so and sending that energy back at him instead of using any of her own. She doubted however that in her current state that she could that pull off more than once, maybe twice. It was a technique that didn't care for how powerful you were, only how good were at directing energy at all, it required control not force.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

[Masala Vs Fenrir]

Fenrir doesn't even bothering to block the punches. He sent flying few kilometers, crushing into South City. People gasping with terror, as the wolf hulk coming up, shaking from the hole he made, spitting blood.
    He grinned evily. "Humannnnnnsss...." he growled, raising Doom and Agony, prepared to ki slash through the crowds!
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

4. - Top - End - #64

The Lookout

Although he expected some trick, Artic had never seen or heard of something like this, taking isolated Ki blasts and compressing them into a coherent ball of energy that is then redirected. The novelty of the attack took him by surprise, and costed him precious moments of reaction-time. Even if he had time, he knew simply dodging it would all but destroy the lookout. No, he had to stop it, redirect it somehow.

Pulsar! He extended his hands and conjured a rapidly spinning globe of ki. He fires off the energy wave. Sure the androids would be pissed at the resulting explosion, but it was better than total annihilation. Unfortunately that is not what happened. The blasters are extremely powerful, and with multiple shots compressed into a single attack, it cut through the Pulsar like butter. It took everything Artic had not to suffer the same fate.

His extended arms were all ready to catch the attack. But there was too much force. Too much energy behind it. His right blaster had already been destroyed, and the sheer force required to simply hold his ground was already sending power-surges throughout the armor's systems, filling Artic's HUD with multiple equipment failures and malfunctions even as the energy enveloped his body, searing away large chunks of his armor and injuring the Arcosian flesh beneath. With a last burst of energy, he thrusted his hands skyward, sending the globe of energy harmlessly into the sky.

Where he stood, Artic was visibly heavily damaged. Large chunks of his armor clung either loosely to the exoskeleton or were gone completely, leaving his flesh seared and terribly scarred. Were he most any other creature, these injuries would be mortal. One didn't need scouters or the ability to sense energy to tell he was significantly weakened. In retrospect, Artic thought, being Arcosian was a significant disadvantage. It meant enemies need not fear accidentally killing their opponent.

No... He half-whispered as he struggled against collapsing. I...will not...lose...on my knees.

He raised a hand to Sailor Arcos. I yield. Artic admits, smirking as a thought occurs to him. I'm no match like this, but...I got close. SO close.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-10-05 at 10:41 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    The Lookout
    "...Why? If your wrong....then I'm gathering vital intelligence....while if your right....then Hailing is fallible. Which means during my time as a soldier....I've committed the very deeds under his orders that you want to kill him for under the excuse of "Just Following Orders". So either I should keep fighting for as long as I can....or fight as much as deserve to get beaten up for what I've done. Why hesitate? Either I'm your enemy who needs to be eliminated for your side of the war, or I'm someone who doesn't deserve mercy after what I've done. I don't have any reason to stop, and you don't have any reason to stop hitting me. Once I'm defeated and on your side, you'll be able to do whatever you like to me"
    She coughs a little and stares back at him.
    "Go on. Do it. Its what you want either way, right?"
    Starlight frowned as she watched the situation unfold. Things were beginning to make a lot of sense now. Sailor Arcos's fanatic love for Hailing ... was a coping mechanism. A way to rationalize away all she had to do under his thumb. It made all too much sense that she would want to prove him to be in the right. For if he was wrong ... then what did that say about her?

She had to admit, she could somewhat understand where she was coming from. Not to the same degree as the arcosian, but so many times she'd had to justify her own actions as for the sake of Equestria. Brainwashing, murder ... and worse.

Her eyes began to glaze over as her memories caught up with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Lookout

Although he expected some trick, Artic had never seen or heard of something like this, taking isolated Ki blasts and compressing them into a coherent ball of energy that is then redirected. The novelty of the attack took him by surprise, and costed him precious moments of reaction-time. Even if he had time, he knew simply dodging it would all but destroy the lookout. No, he had to stop it, redirect it somehow.

Pulsar! He extended his hands and conjured a rapidly spinning globe of ki. He fires off the energy wave. Sure the androids would be pissed at the resulting explosion, but it was better than total annihilation. Unfortunately that is not what happened. The blasters are extremely powerful, and with multiple shots compressed into a single attack, it cut through the Pulsar like butter. It took everything Artic had not to suffer the same fate.

His extended arms were all ready to catch the attack. But there was too much force. Too much energy behind it. His right blaster had already been destroyed, and the sheer force required to simply hold his ground was already sending power-surges throughout the armor's systems, filling Artic's HUD with multiple equipment failures and malfunctions even as the energy enveloped his body, searing away large chunks of his armor and injuring the Arcosian flesh beneath. With a last burst of energy, he thrusted his hands skyward, sending the globe of energy harmlessly into the sky.

Where he stood, Artic was visibly heavily damaged. Large chunks of his armor clung either loosely to the exoskeleton or were gone completely, leaving his flesh seared and terribly scarred. Were he most any other creature, these injuries would be mortal. One didn't need scouters or the ability to sense energy to tell he was significantly weakened. In retrospect, Artic thought, being Arcosian was a significant disadvantage. It meant enemies need not fear accidentally killing their opponent.

No... He half-whispered as he struggled against collapsing. I...will not...lose...on my knees.

He raised a hand to Sailor Arcos. I yield. Artic admits, smirking as a thought occurs to him. I'm no match like this, but...I got close. SO close.
    Starlight snapped out of it, immediately summoning a senzu bean from the ship. As soon as Arctic yielded, she rushed over and offered him the bean to heal his injuries.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

The Lookout
    Arcos pants. That fight took a lot out of her. She calls out.
    "So, Androids, still going to sit on the sidelines even after that?"
    "Hey, it was Artic's fight and he knew what he was getting into. It would be rude of me to get in the way out of some overprotective desire when this is a fight he wanted, his vendetta he wants to pursue, and I'm upholding my end by staying out of the way. That and I don't think I need to fight you now. It'd be overkill. Starlight, she's all yours.

That and I can make it up to him afterwards by providing him all the materials he wants to build a new suit. I'll save my protectiveness when we're battling Hailing and we need all the people we can get to live and fight."

Masala Vs. Fenrir
    He DARED to attack civilians!? Thats it, no more Miss Silly Majin. She was GOING to use Papyrus's battle theme to signify her own silliness, but now he just had to make it serious and dangerous to other people! Suddenly a blue battle aura surrounds her, her goo-hair returns to normal, her flames die. But her eyes become pure red and feral, her teeth become fangs and she lets out an unearthly abominable roar of eldritch doom:
    "RRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIAIAIEIIIIAIAIIIAIAIIIIIII EIEIEIIAIAIAIIIIIAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!"
    The ground, the sea and the sky shakes at the power suddenly awakened. Rocks rise from the ground, as if suddenly free from gravity and electric jolts of power, even her shout had a force to it. Then she just plain blasts a pink beam of destructive force from her mouth at Fenrir with a second ungodly roar, twice as powerful as her kamehameha, drawing upon a power far more primal and raw than technique and teachings, determined to end this fight as soon as possible.

7. - Top - End - #67

The Lookout

Artic accepted the bean, recognizing it immediately and feeling instant gratification for the miraculous healing properties as his injuries disappear almost instantaneously. Thank you, Starlight. He nods to the pony. Though he was reasonably certain the senzu bean dispenser on his arm was still functional, he went through a lot of trouble to make it one of the hardest points on his armor.

Though the almost total damage sustained didn't bother him. If anything it made his job easier. It was a learning experience, discovering the weaknesses in his armor's design so he can make improvements. He did kick himself for not thinking to harden against Arcos' gravity sooner, but that will soon be a problem of the past.

Do you want to take a break? Apfel suggested to the Sailor. He knew Arcosians were extremely tough, but even they had limits, and few could do well with a hole in their torso.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Starlight nodded to Arctic, then to stepped towards Sailor Arcos, summoning another senzu bean to offer her.

"Take as long as you need," she said. "When you're ready, we can begin. Although, perhaps we should move our battle to a less ... fragile battlefield?" she suggested.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

The Lookout
    Sailor Arcos blinks.
    "....Giving healing to the enemy. You'd make one of the worst soldiers in the world. Or one of the best battlefield medics. Is she like this with everyone? I don't need no breaks."
    "Yes. Its her best quality, and I worry for the day when she shows it to the wrong person. There is a wasteland nearby, we can go fight there. I warn you though, if she ever gets to fighting me, I'll be ending it quickly. There is a new PL of 9000 that I've been detecting in the distance that warrants me checking up on as Kami to make sure its not too big of a threat."
    Sailor Arcos takes the bean and eats it, healing up as well. Weirdest medicine she had ever taken, and the most effective. What a mistake for Starlight. She would've been perfectly willing to fight on without any healing, yet Starlight offered it anyways.

The fly towards the wasteland, 23, 22 and Arcos keeping an eye on each other.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

The Lookout
    Sailor Arcos blinks.
    "....Giving healing to the enemy. You'd make one of the worst soldiers in the world. Or one of the best battlefield medics. Is she like this with everyone? I don't need no breaks."
    "Yes. Its her best quality, and I worry for the day when she shows it to the wrong person. There is a wasteland nearby, we can go fight there. I warn you though, if she ever gets to fighting me, I'll be ending it quickly. There is a new PL of 9000 that I've been detecting in the distance that warrants me checking up on as Kami to make sure its not too big of a threat."
    Sailor Arcos takes the bean and eats it, healing up as well. Weirdest medicine she had ever taken, and the most effective. What a mistake for Starlight. She would've been perfectly willing to fight on without any healing, yet Starlight offered it anyways.

The fly towards the wasteland, 23, 22 and Arcos keeping an eye on each other.
    Starlight flapped her wings and took off, following them towards the wasteland battlefield.

"Do not mistake me," she said. "Were this a fight to the death, I wouldn't be so quick to offer such. I am a soldier after all. I have an alternative motivation for giving that bean to you, besides personal mercy - by what I've seen, you value power. Like you said before, our ideals are worthless without the strength to enforce them. Thus, I want to fight and defeat you at your full power, so there's absolutely no question as to the results of this battle."
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2016-10-06 at 01:01 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Tsarbone

"I have already told you. He work at the inner intelligence of the Emperor's ship. He has way to get recording of everything that going on, on the ship. And I am "dodgy" because I have found myself at very ugly situation which could easily turn even uglier.

[Masala Vs Fenrir]

Fenrir slashes dissapearing in the terrible attack of Masala. Even.. Fenrir?
    When the smoke fading.. he struggling to get up. His left side of his face is burnt, his left arm is gone.
    But he chuckled. It seems the pain made him.. stronger.

"Finally... a bit of challenge. But it's a shame you are wasting your power on those miserable insects!" He took the axe Agony in his mouth. He jumped to a roof of a building, and then jumped to Masala, attempting to slash her again with his berserik power

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #72

Tzarbone

Lord Apfel makes a motion of skimming through the provided documents. All the stuff he already knows, but he wants to make sure Tzarbone believes this is his first time seeing this. This appears credible enough.

I just need confirmation on the source before I can move forward.
    He replies sternly. These allegations are deathly serious, and could ripple across the universe in ways we can't foresee. If there is any doubt, any doubt at all in your case, such as if these documents were forged by a well-connected nerd on the Hypernet, any possibility of you having a career in public office disappears overnight.

I want names. I want their ranks, and I want to speak to them personally. I'll do everything I can to make sure their actions are kept secret and that no harm comes to them if they are legitimate.

Earth - Traveling from the Lookout

With the remnants of his armor removed, Artic flew with Starlight and the sailor. For a moment, Artic thought about if he had used a bean in the middle of battle, possibly to turn the tables. Though he dismissed the thought. That would make for a lousy fight, wouldn't it? It'd be even worse if he pulled three new techniques completely out of the ether and used them in a very unsatisfying and annoying curb-stomp battle. Surely nobody would be so terrible as to even contemplate doing that, right?

Right?

Lord Apfel followed as well.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Wasteland
    Android 22 blinks and looks at Starlight.
    "Wait, a Soldier to? Secret agent, diplomat, animal caretaker, soldier, mage.....Starlight, how many jobs do you do?"
    Arcos meanwhile says
    "Oh. Sorry. That makes more sense. Though I doubt you'll beat me. No hands for grappling, weaker than Vodkana, everything I know about biology is telling me how one-sided this is. To be honest, I'm a little baffled how you became a tool-using sapient species at all. A vast majority tends to be humanoid and have some form of predatory instincts to help dominate their planet early in their sapience, instead of being based on relatively docile equines. Your species is unusual, if not unique. Like one of those civilizations that developed without inventing the wheel. This fight will at least be an interesting novelty if nothing else."
    She takes a battle-ready stance.
    Just one question: Why did you defy Hailing so brazenly? As in, what made you do it so directly. I want to know."

Fenrir Vs. A Demonic Goo-Based Eldritch Abomination In The Shape of a Little Girl.
    The axe cleaves through her arm....which reattaches and reforms itself instantly. She hadn't even moved. She just glares at Fenrir then a sadistic grin spread across her face, then she begins to laugh:
    "Reheheheheahaahahahehehehehehahehehehehahahah , Rahahahahahahahahahahaha!!"
    She pointed and laughed at Fenrir for thinking that would even work on her. She laughed at the bug in the shape of a dog thinking it was a big fish in his small little pond, bullying the smaller doggies thinking it was an alpha male. She laughed at the thought that he was anywhere near her level. Then she stretches her arm like a whiplash and to try and wrap around his neck and begin choking the breath out of him, putting ever more pressure and tightening it ever further. Then she began channeling electric ki through her arm to shock him while she does so, just for good measure.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Wasteland
    Android 22 blinks and looks at Starlight.
    "Wait, a Soldier to? Secret agent, diplomat, animal caretaker, soldier, mage.....Starlight, how many jobs do you do?"
    "Yeah, secret," Starlight said, somewhat annoyed. She had wanted to keep that a secret until she was sure if Arcos could be trusted - the only reason her companions knew was because she'd had to tell them to get their cooperation in the beginning. "Being a soldier is part of the job."

Arcos meanwhile says
    "Oh. Sorry. That makes more sense. Though I doubt you'll beat me. No hands for grappling, weaker than Vodkana, everything I know about biology is telling me how one-sided this is. To be honest, I'm a little baffled how you became a tool-using sapient species at all. A vast majority tends to be humanoid and have some form of predatory instincts to help dominate their planet early in their sapience, instead of being based on relatively docile equines. Your species is unusual, if not unique. Like one of those civilizations that developed without inventing the wheel. This fight will at least be an interesting novelty if nothing else."
    She takes a battle-ready stance.
    Starlight turned her attention towards Arcos. "Indeed, it makes one wonder how our species can possibly compete with creatures like gryphons and minotaurs and saiyans," she said innocently. There was a hidden edge to her voice, though, enough to make one wonder - what secrets did this species hold that they could compete?

Just one question: Why did you defy Hailing so brazenly? As in, what made you do it so directly. I want to know."
    Starlight grew serious at that. "Good question," she said. "All of the tuffles and saiyans were able to evacuate in advance, so why would I risk myself for an empty planet?" she turned her flank towards Arcos, showing off her cutie mark.

"This is what we call a 'cutie mark'. It's a mark that we ponies gain when we discover our 'special talent'. Our destiny, you could call it. It's a major part of who we are, to the degree that in many ways it's tied to our very personalities." She straightened herself back up, facing Arcos head-on. "I think you can see where this is going. That planet wasn't empty. It was still full of life. Thinking life, feeling life - not sapient, by any means, but every bit as alive as you or I. I couldn't just let them die. Not when I could do something about it. Any other course of action would go against who I am."
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2016-10-06 at 08:30 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Wasteland
    22 blushes in embarrassment and covers her mouth while crumpling down to her knees.
    "Sorry...."
    Android 23 just slaps herself in the face at 22's mistake.

"Hm. So you defied him...because your environmentalist. Well I can't say that its the most typical of motivations to defy a galaxy-spanning ruler, but its far from being a bad one. You'd be surprised how much people will do for so little."
    Sailor Arcos says, shaking her head at some people she fought over the years.
    "Well anyways, lets get this show on the road."
    She runs forward with a testing punch at Starlight.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Wasteland
    22 blushes in embarrassment and covers her mouth while crumpling down to her knees.
    "Sorry...."
    Android 23 just slaps herself in the face at 22's mistake.

"Hm. So you defied him...because your environmentalist. Well I can't say that its the most typical of motivations to defy a galaxy-spanning ruler, but its far from being a bad one. You'd be surprised how much people will do for so little."
    Sailor Arcos says, shaking her head at some people she fought over the years.
    "Well anyways, lets get this show on the road."
    She runs forward with a testing punch at Starlight.
    Starlight shrugged her wings. "It's what my cutie mark is telling me," she said offhandedly.

The pony just stood there as Arcos wound up to punch her. Arcos was playing it cautious, feeling out her opponent. Starlight could tell this punch wasn't at nearly her full power - an example the pony had no intention of following. She powered up, her eyes glowing as a shimmering purple-pink aura surrounded her.

At the very last second, Starlight flicked her right wing, moving to the left so fast it seemed like she'd teleported - although a teleport actually would have been slower, as it would require half a second to cast. Now that the arcosian's arm was between her and her opponent (but out of range of an elbow strike), acting almost as a shield for Starlight, the pony aimed her horn at Arcos's torso and unleashed a full-power magic blast. She'd seen what an arcosian could live through, and Arcos didn't seem particularly worried about getting beaten up, so she didn't even worry about holding back.

Spoiler: BGM:
    Show
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2016-10-06 at 10:30 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Wasteland
    She gets blasted back into a rocky wall, creating a crater. What the- that was so fast and....she couldn't predict it. How powerful was she? She checks her scouter tries to scan her her PL. Unfortunately in that crash, her scouter was glitched and read:

STARLIGHT
    PL: 1 *ZzZkZzT*
    CUTE LITTLE PONY. NO THREAT AT ALL. 8<D

She crushes the scouter for being a complete liar. Why couldn't she see that coming!? Little did Sailor Arcos know that she was used to fighting humanoid opponents, to reading humanoid movements- Starlights unusual biology was actually an advantage, combined with her speed and small-size would make it difficult for her to fight normally. Her Sailor suit was completely in tatters now, and she emerges from the crater in only her bio-armor, already a few cracks in it and surface wounds bleeding, but she was still raring to go.
    "Well. That was unexpected."
    Could this be some sort of comeuppance for making insensitive comments and underestimating her opponent or something? Nah. Real life didn't work like that. She just had to take this seriously. Unfortunately her Gravity Star only cancelled ki based flight, so the wings would give Starlight an advantage if she tried that. Her Helium Sphere was too lethal. She was already in her fastest pose. That left ki attacks. She couldn't use Sapphire Spirit Sword, that was too lethal for this fight as well she could only use that for Artic. Which left her with either Azure Heart Cannon or....
    "Blue Bullet Blizzard!"
    She creates a bunch of tiny little ki blasts filling up the air around her like flakes in a blizzard, then sends them at Starlight like buckshot, each little ball making a very tiny explosion about the size of a hand on whatever it impacts, the Androids rapidly getting out of the way. It was her last move in her repertoire that she had yet to use that would have any use at all.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2016-10-06 at 10:54 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Wasteland
    She gets blasted back into a rocky wall, creating a crater. What the- that was so fast and....she couldn't predict it. How powerful was she? She checks her scouter tries to scan her her PL. Unfortunately in that crash, her scouter was glitched and read:

STARLIGHT
    PL: 1 *ZzZkZzT*
    CUTE LITTLE PONY. NO THREAT AT ALL. 8<D

She crushes the scouter for being a complete liar. Why couldn't she see that coming!? Little did Sailor Arcos know that she was used to fighting humanoid opponents, to reading humanoid movements- Starlights unusual biology was actually an advantage, combined with her speed and small-size would make it difficult for her to fight normally. Her Sailor suit was completely in tatters now, and she emerges from the crater in only her bio-armor, already a few cracks in it and surface wounds bleeding, but she was still raring to go.
    "Well. That was unexpected."
    Could this be some sort of comeuppance for making insensitive comments and underestimating her opponent or something? Nah. Real life didn't work like that. She just had to take this seriously. Unfortunately her Gravity Star only cancelled ki based flight, so the wings would give Starlight an advantage if she tried that. Her Helium Sphere was too lethal. She was already in her fastest pose. That left ki attacks. She couldn't use Sapphire Spirit Sword, that was too lethal for this fight as well she could only use that for Artic. Which left her with either Azure Heart Cannon or....
    "Blue Bullet Blizzard!"
    She creates a bunch of tiny little ki blasts filling up the air around her like flakes in a blizzard, then sends them at Starlight like buckshot, each little ball making a very tiny explosion about the size of a hand on whatever it impacts, the Androids rapidly getting out of the way. It was her last move in her repertoire that she had yet to use that would have any use at all.
    Starlight glanced around, observing the ki blasts filling the air. As she summoned a force field around herself, she passively noticed that it was a very pretty attack. However, it was also deadly if she lost her focus, so as soon as the first couple of blasts exploded, she immediately used the smokescreen to teleport away, hoping the smoke would conceal her lack of presence long enough to launch a surprise attack.

Reappearing behind Arcos, she attempted to wrap the arcosian in a telekinetic field. If she succeeded, she would then proceed to smack the arcosian into the floor, the rocky wall, the bottom of an overhead arch, and whatever else she could send her flying into - picking her targets essentially at random in order to keep the arcosian disoriented.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

The Wasteland
    Being unaware of how to sense energy, Sailor Arcos is banged around like a freaking pinball, taking hit after hit after hit. Gathering little injury after injury, the damage piling up little by little. This was not good. She had to break out of this, or she would get caught up in this forever until she was unconscious. After enduring an onslaught, she manages to summon a burst of ki to break free of her control and gain her own flight back.
    "Ok, ok. You made your point. You are not to be underestimated. Now."
    She creates a heart-shaped blast. Her eye twitches
    "I'm going to blast you into a knockout."
    The heart grows a little bigger.
    "Then I'm going to defeat those two Androids."
    She charges it up more.
    "Then I'm going back to Arcos, get a new team, serve my empire with loyalty."
    It grows a little bigger again
    "Then I'll go back to being the hero of Arcos I've always wanted to be."
    Her eyes get more desperate.
    "Then everything will be back to NORMAL!"
    Yet despite all her talk....there was no determination behind it, only denial. In truth she had no idea what to do, no idea what to decide, and if you can't decide, you can't determine anything. She blasts the charged up Heart Cannon at her, and while it is strong, deep down she felt her whole world had been destroyed, and that all that was left for her was to fight her hardest for whatever side won, and that no matter what she did, nothing was ever going to be the same. Even if she won, there was nothing she could do to make time stand still, Hailing become a good person, or bring back the people she killed. Sailor Arcos wasn't really a hero, Flake knew, just her attempt to be one.

Meanwhile the Androids have their own private conversation:
    Gah!! Do you see that! Do you see what she is doing!
    It Looks like- yes it does. The beam blast, the telekinesis, the tranquility, yep she is referencing-
    Yes! And now I know what Vegeta felt like when Goku gone Super Saiyan first! She made that reference into her fighting style first! Now I have to do something different!
    She probably doesn't realize what that she is doing it y'know...
    Thats exactly why I'm irked! She did it without actually doing it! Without even knowing! I was planning on doing that someday! That guy is a master-class reference for a fighting style! Perfect for Referential Cosplay Style! Now she has done it without any knowledge of how Referential Cosplay Style works! Now I'll just look like a copycat if I try to do it.
    ....Is this really that important?
    No, but I'm still annoyed. She is going to be pranked SO HARD for this!

Android 22 sighs and face palms.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2016-10-07 at 12:58 AM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

[Tsarbone]

"I... Can call him, right now. Would that count? He can't leave the Emperor's ship." Tzarbone said, looking pale.
    He pulled out a secured multiphone. "He said that it will come to this..." Tzarbone started to shake.

[Monster Battle]

The mocking laughter made Fenrir hesitate.
    Big mistake. It seemed that Masala gotten in right- no matter how stronger Fenrir became from pain, he still had to breath. In desprate attempt to breath, Fenrir has dropped the axe Agony from his mouth.

Agony cutted a building in two havles, when it fell.

Fenrir squirmed, when Masala electrified him, dropping his second axe, cutting a whole new canal in the middle of the road.

Right under the struggling beasts, were group of children, Masala probably didn't had a reason to notice.
    About two dozens of well dressed noble children with iron masks on their faces and hats on their heads. (Cilinder top hats for the boys of couse)
    The Shame Orphans.
    At this almost industrial age, nobles couldn't bring themsleves anymore to throw unwanted babies wells. But they still couldn't take responsibility for their scandals.
    So the "Fallen Star" Estate was made. Or in his more common name:"The Shame Orphange". Nobles brought their illegal children to this luxuriose prison, where they were dressed and ate like nobles, but had to keep their identies from the world. Many of the shame orphans doesn't even know who they are, and why are they there. They only knew they were a living scandals.
    This dark story, wouldn't meet the clash between Fenrir and Masala if not, for the daily walking of the Shame Orphange.
    When things started to get wild, most of the shame orphans ran away to all the directions. But two shame children- a boy and a girl about the age of Masala(how old is she btw?) with strange blue fuzzy sashes stayed in place staring in the battle. The boy and the girl looked at each other and nodded. The boy kicked their guard between his legs, and the girl.grabbed the gun he dropped.

"LEAVE OUR FATHER ALONE!!" She yelled and shooted at Masala- injuring her shoulder from the recoil.

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

The Wasteland
    Being unaware of how to sense energy, Sailor Arcos is banged around like a freaking pinball, taking hit after hit after hit. Gathering little injury after injury, the damage piling up little by little. This was not good. She had to break out of this, or she would get caught up in this forever until she was unconscious. After enduring an onslaught, she manages to summon a burst of ki to break free of her control and gain her own flight back.
    "Ok, ok. You made your point. You are not to be underestimated. Now."
    She creates a heart-shaped blast. Her eye twitches
    "I'm going to blast you into a knockout."
    The heart grows a little bigger.
    "Then I'm going to defeat those two Androids."
    She charges it up more.
    "Then I'm going back to Arcos, get a new team, serve my empire with loyalty."
    It grows a little bigger again
    "Then I'll go back to being the hero of Arcos I've always wanted to be."
    Her eyes get more desperate.
    "Then everything will be back to NORMAL!"
    Yet despite all her talk....there was no determination behind it, only denial. In truth she had no idea what to do, no idea what to decide, and if you can't decide, you can't determine anything. She blasts the charged up Heart Cannon at her, and while it is strong, deep down she felt her whole world had been destroyed, and that all that was left for her was to fight her hardest for whatever side won, and that no matter what she did, nothing was ever going to be the same. Even if she won, there was nothing she could do to make time stand still, Hailing become a good person, or bring back the people she killed. Sailor Arcos wasn't really a hero, Flake knew, just her attempt to be one.

Meanwhile the Androids have their own private conversation:
    Gah!! Do you see that! Do you see what she is doing!
    It Looks like- yes it does. The beam blast, the telekinesis, the tranquility, yep she is referencing-
    Yes! And now I know what Vegeta felt like when Goku gone Super Saiyan first! She made that reference into her fighting style first! Now I have to do something different!
    She probably doesn't realize what that she is doing it y'know...
    Thats exactly why I'm irked! She did it without actually doing it! Without even knowing! I was planning on doing that someday! That guy is a master-class reference for a fighting style! Perfect for Referential Cosplay Style! Now she has done it without any knowledge of how Referential Cosplay Style works! Now I'll just look like a copycat if I try to do it.
    ....Is this really that important?
    No, but I'm still annoyed. She is going to be pranked SO HARD for this!

Android 22 sighs and face palms.
    Starlight frowned. She felt sorry for Arcos, but the arcosian's emotions were making her sloppy. She decided she had to take advantage of this - not just for herself, but for Arcos's sake as well. The longer the fight went on, the longer Arcos's pain would linger.

As the arcosian charged up her attack, Starlight charged up her own. Every last bit of energy she had went into her horn, her magic fueled by her own emotions. Her pity for Sailor Arcos only made her more determined, making her attack even stronger. As Arcos unleashed her attack, Starlight unleashed her own, meeting the attack head-on. This was one of the reasons she wanted to take this battle away from the lookout - whatever the outcome of this attack, the resulting explosion would surely be enough reshape the landscape for hundreds of meters in any direction.

Still while she realized it would be best if she could overpower the attack outright, thus proving her strength, she already had a backup plan in case she couldn't hold off the heart-shaped beam....
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2016-10-07 at 08:09 AM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

The Wasteland
    The beams meet and clash Arcos pushes with all her might, but somehow it slowly starts to push back on her. What was fueling this!? This can't be. As the heart got closer and closer she remembered one of the basic lessons of her training: if caught on the losing end of a beam struggle, stop pushing and get out of the way. There have been deaths of good Arcosian soldiers who thought their pure strength was enough and got blasted into oblivion because they couldn't stop trying to push back in denial of being overpowered by someone else.
    So she stopped and did her best to side step the oncoming blast instead.

Little did she know, that ignoring this basic lesson as it turns out was the defeat of Vegeta, Freeza, Cell AND Kid Buu. Sure Vegeta bounced back, and Freeza survived to become a cyborg to die someday else, but both Cell and Kid Buu died to very powerful beam struggles and thinking that their strength alone would allow them to win. But even then, she kind of did it a little too late, and her left arm gets caught in the blast, and she screams in pain as the two powerful beams combined blast through it and she pulls it out-it was singed black and ruined, hanging completely limp and useless.

She didn't have any more tricks. Only her strength.
    "Screw it! If I'm changing no matter what, then I'm no longer Sailor Arcos! I am Captain Flake! That persona....was nothing but hiding my weakness! She...her fighting style...her tactics...that power....its all outmatching me! I'm losing....I know that....but I must see this through to the end. I must try my hardest....even when my hope is gone...."
    Flake flies forward towards Starlight, swinging furiously at her with her remaining arm to try at least get a hit in.

Masala And Her Mercy
    The bullet hit her, and got absorbed into her form. She stopped her attack, the electricity fizzling out and her arm loosening a little as she considered this new information. She raised her other arm, and pointed at a random place on the water, her thoughts becoming a little more coherent as she said:
    "Bang bang!"
    Instantly a bullet-ki blasted fired from her finger and caused an explosion in the water. She repeats a few times, having a little fun with her new toy.

Then she turned to the two children, letting go of Fenrir, she floated down to the two children, her eyes still red.
    "Heheheheh....Your lucky I can't bear to break up a family so separated apart for so long. And I thank you for giving me a new toy. Very well, I shall not take your Daddy's life. He was attacking this place to get you back wasn't he? Touching. But still deserves punishment for being naughty. Instead I'll take his fleet.....his axes....and how about one of his arms? Maybe destroy his noble estate? Destroy all his power and wealth in exchange for giving him his life and his family. Sound fair?"
    She said, her mercy and her anger trying to find a compromise that would satisfy both of them. Masala was about 12 or 13 age wise, by the way.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

The Wasteland
    The beams meet and clash Arcos pushes with all her might, but somehow it slowly starts to push back on her. What was fueling this!? This can't be. As the heart got closer and closer she remembered one of the basic lessons of her training: if caught on the losing end of a beam struggle, stop pushing and get out of the way. There have been deaths of good Arcosian soldiers who thought their pure strength was enough and got blasted into oblivion because they couldn't stop trying to push back in denial of being overpowered by someone else.
    So she stopped and did her best to side step the oncoming blast instead.

Little did she know, that ignoring this basic lesson as it turns out was the defeat of Vegeta, Freeza, Cell AND Kid Buu. Sure Vegeta bounced back, and Freeza survived to become a cyborg to die someday else, but both Cell and Kid Buu died to very powerful beam struggles and thinking that their strength alone would allow them to win. But even then, she kind of did it a little too late, and her left arm gets caught in the blast, and she screams in pain as the two powerful beams combined blast through it and she pulls it out-it was singed black and ruined, hanging completely limp and useless.

She didn't have any more tricks. Only her strength.
    "Screw it! If I'm changing no matter what, then I'm no longer Sailor Arcos! I am Captain Flake! That persona....was nothing but hiding my weakness! She...her fighting style...her tactics...that power....its all outmatching me! I'm losing....I know that....but I must see this through to the end. I must try my hardest....even when my hope is gone...."
    Flake flies forward towards Starlight, swinging furiously at her with her remaining arm to try at least get a hit in.
    Starlight gasped as she saw Arcos's arm hanging limply by her side. Immediately, she slipped out of her battle stance and prepared to summon a senzu bean to heal her. Thinking the battle was over, she was caught by surprise when the arcosian flew at her, swinging wildly. She cast a wing out, sending her flying to the side, but she was just a bit too slow - the punch didn't hit her directly, but it still hit her wing full-force, severely bruising it. She thought she heard the crack of a bone breaking.

Grimacing, she realized that Arcos was now striking out emotionally, with very little in the way of tactics. And with one arm almost completely destroyed, her ability to fight was impaired as well. There was no point in playing rough anymore, it was time to end this, for both their sakes. She teleported in a flash of pink energy, reappearing behind her opponent. She then fired a powerful stun spell at the base of the arcosian's neck, hoping to knock her out so she could finish the fight and heal her.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

The Wasteland
    Flake turns takes the stun blast to the neck. She didn't go down immediately. Flake tried to advance, slowly one step at a time. Trying to endure the blast as it pounded upon her. Trying to get as near as she could
    "No.....I....won't....go......down.....that......e asily..... I.....am....Arcos.....strongest....elite.....soldi er....Captain Flake...."
    Finally she falls to her knees.
    "......Heh.....Even....though I was right.... about that mercy........you still beat me...."
    Flake then falls down entirely, unconscious.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

As soon as Arcos fell unconscious, Starlight rushed over to her, keeping her defenses up this time. Checking to make sure the arcosian was unconscious, she let out a small sigh of relief and powered down.

"Dangit, I didn't think that blast would hurt her so much," she muttered. "22, can you switch to your Silph of Heart cosplay? Flake's going to be in a lot of pain when she wakes up, and I need your help to make sure the senzu bean can fix her arm properly."
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2016-10-07 at 09:04 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

26. - Top - End - #86

Artic

What the HFIL? Where did THAT come from?! Artic gawked at the battle. He couldn't consider that a battle, more like a curb-stomping.

Lord Apfel began to feel apprehensive about possibly fighting against Starlight. If he didn't cripple or incapacitate her quickly, he could be in trouble if the two ever came to blows. He flash-stepped just as Sailor Arc-Flake was about to fall, catching her and easing her onto the ground.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Artic

What the HFIL? Where did THAT come from?! Artic gawked at the battle. He couldn't consider that a battle, more like a curb-stomping.
    Starlight glanced over her shoulder, still partially focused on healing Flake. "It's simple," she said. "I analyzed her techniques during the first two fights and developed a battle plan that would take advantage of her weaknesses - id est her inability to sense energy, her reliance on tactical thinking slowing her down, and her unfamiliarity fighting quadrupeds - and my strengths - id est my speed and repertoire of spells, including teleportation and telekinesis. I then applied that battle plan as best suited the situation, id est a flashy display of force to prove my worth as a fighter. I was lucky - I had a number of advantages going into the fight, and a leveraged each of them."

Meanwhile, the dust and dirt that had been tossed up into the sky from the giant mushroom cloud of an explosion mere moments ago began settling back down to earth, to rest in the several new craters and ditches that pockmarked the landscape - including the giant one around them.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2016-10-08 at 02:07 AM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

The Wasteland
    Android 22 quickly changes into it.
    "Very well. I'll do the best I can."
    She bent over and began to use a healing light upon Flake. Sylph of Heart meant "Healer of Souls" or "One Who Heals Using Souls" so it works either way.
    "It might be good that she was lucky....a good strategy is key, but lower PL tends to mean your more fragile. Aside from any biological advantages, durability is entirely dependent on how much raw power you have to empower the hardness of your body with ki. Therefore with Starlight's style you have to take less hits, therefore your fighting style starts to get very binary: either you have a strategy to win and manage to evade all the hits, or you don't and you'd start getting defeated very quickly. Kind of the risks of being a speedy squishy wizard."
    Much like Sans: Sure he is a great badass who with only 1 Atk and 1 Def managed to be the hardest fight in a game, even harder than any of the people with godlike powers, but his fighting style while good is also fragile. A single attack that he can't dodge would've defeated him, and if he had been facing someone more creative than a guy who just tried to stab him over and over, that fight would've been much quicker. Reasons like are why most fighters opt for something more balanced and well-rounded. Its not that her style isn't good, its just that most prefer something more consistent and reliable.

Meanwhile Android 23 conjures a Trollzu Bean- its works like a normal Senzu Bean, only it tastes horrible as any of her other dishes.
    "Hey Star, you think you need a bean yourself? Just in case?"
    She puts on a false smile.

29. - Top - End - #89

The Wasteland

A razor-thin beam of violent energy attempts to strike the bean right out from 23's hand. It's origin, Lord Apfel pointing his finger.

Nnnnope. He smirks.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

The Wasteland
    She stares at Apfel wryly.
    "......Your going to make it near impossible for me to pull off pranks aren't you?

Anyways now that out of the way, What is the next piece of business:
    -Investigating that new PL.
    -Looking into that new Red Planet Army, see if anything is up with it- preferably NOT fight them, I want to get going to Talsaiga, and we don't have time to waste on them.
    -And well....to be honest, the next two pieces of business concern our most valuable and closely held secret, and will require even more big explanations. Yet we can't really move forward without your cooperation on them. Your probably going to find out anyways, but I cannot reveal this in good conscience as a decision on my own.

So I'll leave it to the rest of you: should we tell Apfel and the rest about this now? Keep in mind, the more people know, the more it risks being leaked. If there is one secret we absolutely can't afford to fall into the wrong hands, its this one. Granted, they already know about the future, and I think we can trust them...but with these things, the less risks the better, as always."