Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitP] Foster's Home For Temporally-Displaced Friends

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    The Wasteland
    Android 22 quickly changes into it.
    "Very well. I'll do the best I can."
    She bent over and began to use a healing light upon Flake. Sylph of Heart meant "Healer of Souls" or "One Who Heals Using Souls" so it works either way.
    "It might be good that she was lucky....a good strategy is key, but lower PL tends to mean your more fragile. Aside from any biological advantages, durability is entirely dependent on how much raw power you have to empower the hardness of your body with ki. Therefore with Starlight's style you have to take less hits, therefore your fighting style starts to get very binary: either you have a strategy to win and manage to evade all the hits, or you don't and you'd start getting defeated very quickly. Kind of the risks of being a speedy squishy wizard."
    Much like Sans: Sure he is a great badass who with only 1 Atk and 1 Def managed to be the hardest fight in a game, even harder than any of the people with godlike powers, but his fighting style while good is also fragile. A single attack that he can't dodge would've defeated him, and if he had been facing someone more creative than a guy who just tried to stab him over and over, that fight would've been much quicker. Reasons like are why most fighters opt for something more balanced and well-rounded. Its not that her style isn't good, its just that most prefer something more consistent and reliable.

Meanwhile Android 23 conjures a Trollzu Bean- its works like a normal Senzu Bean, only it tastes horrible as any of her other dishes.
    "Hey Star, you think you need a bean yourself? Just in case?"
    She puts on a false smile.
    "No thanks," Starlight said, not noticing Apfel's action. "Without Que and Zoyl, it'll be months before we can get another harvest, so we should use them sparingly. We'll give one to Flake when she wakes up, but for bumps, bruises, cleanly-broken bones, and 'just in case', we should use traditional healing, such as the medical bay or unicorn magic. Besides, I'm fiAUGH!" Starlight flexed her wings as she finished working on Flake, crying out in shock as her wounds caught up with her. Mostly from magical strain, but that last punch had broken her wing. Wincing, she touched it with her horn, casting a healing spell to re-knit the bones.

The Wasteland
    She stares at Apfel wryly.
    "......Your going to make it near impossible for me to pull off pranks aren't you?

Anyways now that out of the way, What is the next piece of business:
    -Investigating that new PL.
    -Looking into that new Red Planet Army, see if anything is up with it- preferably NOT fight them, I want to get going to Talsaiga, and we don't have time to waste on them.
    -And well....to be honest, the next two pieces of business concern our most valuable and closely held secret, and will require even more big explanations. Yet we can't really move forward without your cooperation on them. Your probably going to find out anyways, but I cannot reveal this in good conscience as a decision on my own.

So I'll leave it to the rest of you: should we tell Apfel and the rest about this now? Keep in mind, the more people know, the more it risks being leaked. If there is one secret we absolutely can't afford to fall into the wrong hands, its this one. Granted, they already know about the future, and I think we can trust them...but with these things, the less risks the better, as always."
    "I think we can afford to split up," said Starlight, working on her wing. "23, I recommend you and I investigate the Red Planet Army, as you're the Kami of Earth and I'm an experienced diplomat."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #92
    Colossus in the Playground

Wasteland

Something's CLEARLY not right with those people. Artic noted. Humanity hasn't even industrialized yet, and now they've not only developed frame-shift drives, but man-portable frame-shift drives?

Waaaait-wait-wait-wait one moment... Apfel suddenly stood, hands in front of him in alarm. Did you say "Zoyl?"
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Wasteland

Something's CLEARLY not right with those people. Artic noted. Humanity hasn't even industrialized yet, and now they've not only developed frame-shift drives, but man-portable frame-shift drives?
    "I'll scan for temporal anomalies," Starlight replied. "Maybe I should contact the Doctor as well."

Waaaait-wait-wait-wait one moment... Apfel suddenly stood, hands in front of him in alarm. Did you say "Zoyl?"
    Starlight looked up, distracted from her spell. "....Yyyyeah, why?"
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

4. - Top - End - #94

Wasteland

I-I had encounters with a Zoyl in the past. Apfel states, before shaking his head. It is not important. Let's move on.

This kind of thing should be on a need-to-know basis. Artic replied to 23. These are some very important artifacts that can be very dangerous in the wrong hands.

As for the Red Planet Army, my technological expertise will let me figure out just where it might come from, if I could get my hands on some samples.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Starlight frowned, making a mental note to ask Apfel about it later.

"I agree with Artic. We should keep this within the Alliance, until such time as they would have been released upon the world," she said. This should be no surprise, of course, considering she was a secret agent - even the rest of the Alliance didn't know the details of S.M.I.L.E.

"Acquiring a sample may be difficult if all of their technology is built into their bodies," she added.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2016-10-08 at 08:36 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

The Wasteland
    "Yes, truly not important.

Thats the conundrum, Artic. Does Apfel need to know? And even if he doesn't, how long until he finds out himself? But I get your point. He technically doesn't need to know."

It not as if he could actually help with getting the Dragon Balls working again. And who knows what he would wish for? With a mind like his...
    "Anyways we still have to go Talsaiga for the thing, because complicated reasons. Which probably means he will be coming with if we want to keep an eye on him, so I'll just take your advice and not tell him, see how long it lasts. I bet you he will find out sooner than we ever expected or some stupid thing happens because we didn't tell him, or like two days later says something about his precognitive whatever saying disaster will come if he doesn't know. I'll bet you zenny on it Artic.

Bet you 100 zennie, that something stupid will happen because of this."

Even if the Dragon Balls were technically the reason why this whole mess started in the first place, but whatever.
    "Ok me and Starlight sounds like a plan for investigation."
    "I can handle the new PL, but um.....shouldn't we have someone watching Apfel and Co. if we really don't trust them?"
    "Mm. No. I think its pretty clear that since the member lowest PL just beat the member of their group with the second highest....that we are not to be underestimated. And that furthermore, there are two other protectors on this planet with our general PL range who while not members are allies who won't take kindly to you causing trouble. They don't know about our little arrangement, so I'd suggest not giving them any reasons to be angry at us."
    She turns to the Sun.
    "Sunny, where'd you say you saw them all flying out of again?"
    A light shines down and there is munching heard.
    ".....Were you eating popcorn while we were having the duels?"
    "What! The Other World Tournament only happens once a year and I can't watch Heaven's Fighters spar down here. At least that new Budokai will start soon. I think I'll bless that with sunny days every time it comes around just so I can get some more entertainment and they won't have to cancel it."
    Now you know why its always sunny when the tournament happens.
    "Newsflash: Don't care about a bunch of martial artists attempt at stroking their egos, info now."
    Sun Kai rolled his eyes and gave her the location. Flake groggily awakens, groaning after getting healed, knowing she had lost, rubbing her head.
    "So, anything else to discuss before I go to.....Ah-kon Ca-hu-ack? Am I pronouncing that right? To check up on the RP's origins?"
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2016-10-08 at 10:25 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

"I can handle the new PL, but um.....shouldn't we have someone watching Apfel and Co. if we really don't trust them?"
    "Mm. No. I think its pretty clear that since the member lowest PL just beat the member of their group with the second highest....that we are not to be underestimated. And that furthermore, there are two other protectors on this planet with our general PL range who while not members are allies who won't take kindly to you causing trouble. They don't know about our little arrangement, so I'd suggest not giving them any reasons to be angry at us."
    "It's not that I don't trust him," Starlight clarified. "It's that considering there's a you-know-what to you-know-where here, the possibility of knowledge leaking out prematurely is ... concerning. I wouldn't even trust me with it, were our positions reversed."

Of course, the you-know what was the mirror portal to Equestria, but she didn't want knowledge of that to reach Apfel's ears either. Although, she had a feeling that if it was Apfel who discovered it, it probably wouldn't be so bad.

Flake groggily awakens, groaning after getting healed, knowing she had lost, rubbing her head.
    "Hold still," Starlight said. "We weren't able to heal your arm, just numb the pain. Here." Starlight summoned a senzu bean and offered it to her.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2016-10-08 at 11:29 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

8. - Top - End - #98

Wastelands

That off-hand comment confirmed what he suspected: They know. Or at least they think they know. Don't deny it, but don't confirm it specifically. Simply act as though such a thing were ridiculous. When the Tarot Cards reveal impending destruction, you will be the first to know. Lord Apfel replied wryly to 23.

He couldn't help but note the secrets-within-secrets. Starlight is hiding something too. Some sort of form of transportation? Then again, her species is utterly unknown in Imperial records, with no mention of anything like a sentient equinoid, even in the Whirlpool Galaxy. The species probably isn't spacefaring, or at least has not been encountered in mainstream space. Yet they have a mode of transportation to this planet. Curious. A shuttle perhaps? He was pretty sure Starlight used magic. Must be some form of teleportation device.

Or a portal.

Just what was it that's so important on Talsaiga?

There is also the situation concerning Princess Vodkana and her current media exposure. Lord Apfel added. I apologize if I am piling on to your list of priorities, but Ulgo's going to release another part to the story in a few days. There must be a way to turn it to our advantage.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

[Masala's Mercy

Fenrir's eye rolled back to normal. He stared with shock.
    "M..my chi..children? Are...you.. alive?" he has wishpered with pain and weakness.
    He fell on his back, helpless as tortoise on his back.

The children stared at Masala.
    "You have understood only the half of it..." the girl said, opening the clasps of her mask, throwing it to the ground, as her twin brother did the same. Exposing human faces,
    "He thought that our mother have killed us." her brother said, throwing his hat, as did his sister- exposing blue furry dog ears on both of their heads. Also, their sash apeared to be their tail.

People gasped with shock, some even with disgust. Even proggresive society as South City, has issues with... "Cross breeding"
    "Our mother is the wife of South-City Mayor. She threw us away, for her career and promotaion!"
    Fenrir barely gotten up to a sitting stance.
    "And sent me for more than ten years... to a mine for a beastmen criminals..." he have coughed blood.
    He looked around.
    "I might have made a mistake..."
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

The Wasteland
    "Oh."
    She eats the Senzu Bean. Her arm recovers, but something about her seems numb and emotionally deadened.
    "Captain Flake. Reporting for duty."
    She salutes, pronouncing her words in a monotone.

23 talks to Starlight
    "Hm. Well yes that is concerning. Apfel! I'm sorry but I forgot to mention: Rule Six: I have a strict non-interference policy with Starlight and her people. We are forbidden from even interfering in the slightest with them or their affairs. Yes that includes me. Even seeking out where they are is an offense that I would have to stop you on for very complicated reasons. Why? because I respect You-Know-Who too much to allow it. That is all.

As for Ulgo: Hm. That is a concerning piece of information. I was planning on luring the mob with a social media thing to some other planet so that we can protect everyone else by just fighting the mob on somewhere more deserted by saying that Vodkana is going on vacation to somewhere specific, but I haven't figured out where yet-"

"Uh, I kinda said we would be using Talsaiga for that while you were gone..."
    "WHAT!? 22, thats a horrible idea! There is an entire civilization on there, not to mention the.....You Know What."
    "Sorry! I panicked, and I couldn't tell them the real reason why we need to go there..."
    "Well it might work actually- from my research, there is a single big desert on a world that is even more water-filled then Earth. The locals apparently avoid it like the plague because such a dry place is completely alien and terrifying to the rest of the planet, who are very based in aquatic life. We might be able to focus them all to land there by saying Vodkana is touring the Land of Death. their name for it, not mine."
    ".....Land....of Death?"
    "Oh relax its just an ordinary desert, according to the one adventurous offworlder's report who went there decades ago. Its just surrounded by lots of superstition and myths because the local people there don't have any other places that are like it, and because they really like water. They even believe there is some stupid boogieman there called the Hydrovore that could suck the entire planet dry, but never actually proved it exists because no one is crazy enough to search the entire thing on foot.

But if thats not good enough, we can always search for somewhere more desolate, I'm sure we can find something in time. Anyways back to the point: what part of the story would be releasing? Perhaps that would change our plans a little."

Masala's Mercy
    Finally her eyes go back to normal and her fury fades.
    "Oh....That makes sense....hm. So um...should I go attack the mayor's wife then? No wait, I think I should probably get you three out of here.....they don't seem really friendly to you...I think I'll do this."

She conjures a strange bouncy floaty bubble out of nowhere, big enough to fit three people inside. She then tries to throw Fenrir and his kids inside then dance around it in a circle singing happily:
    "eeny meeny miney mo
    catch a Fenrir by the toe
    if he hollers let him go
    where his family ends up, no one knows

mosey nosey dosey do
    away from here you go
    randomly selected for the show
    eeny meeny miney MO!"

She stops at a random place and spikes the bubble like a volley ball as hard as she can, sending it off into whatever horizon they end up in, the bubble bouncing off any water until it pops on land, giving them a safe landing. If that all works, she fixes her eyes upon the mayors office, then begins running towards it. Just one last thing to do.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Masala Mercy

They quite shocked, but they don't resist. Fenrir bowing to her, deeply. "I could never thank you enough, goo-girl. But don't you want me to stop ,my armies?" he has asked carefuly

Vodkana

vodkana woke up a little while ago, and joined silenlty the others.
    "Nya... yeah? I think the last article covered all up, quite well. nya" she sighed, and then with a forced smile gave Flake the cookies she has promised.
    "Well, at least you can trust my cooking- never trust a slim cheff! Nya!" she said in a friendly way

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

The Wasteland
    "Oh."
    She eats the Senzu Bean. Her arm recovers, but something about her seems numb and emotionally deadened.
    "Captain Flake. Reporting for duty."
    She salutes, pronouncing her words in a monotone.
    "How do you feel?" Starlight asked, concern in her voice. Partly because it was a good idea to ask after performing extensive healing, and partly because she was concerned for the arcosian's mental state.

23 talks to Starlight
    "Hm. Well yes that is concerning. Apfel! I'm sorry but I forgot to mention: Rule Six: I have a strict non-interference policy with Starlight and her people. We are forbidden from even interfering in the slightest with them or their affairs. Yes that includes me. Even seeking out where they are is an offense that I would have to stop you on for very complicated reasons. Why? because I respect You-Know-Who too much to allow it. That is all.
    Starlight nodded. "I am sorry for the secrets," she said sincerely. "We just don't want any time travel-related changes to make their way to my homeworld, as we already have a bright future ahead of us and we do not wish to jeopardize that. And considering you're only here due to changes in the time stream...."

There is also the situation concerning Princess Vodkana and her current media exposure. Lord Apfel added. I apologize if I am piling on to your list of priorities, but Ulgo's going to release another part to the story in a few days. There must be a way to turn it to our advantage.
    Starlight's ears perked up. "What are the details?" she asked.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2017-04-05 at 10:13 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

13. - Top - End - #103

The Lookout

What is at stake is all of intergalactic civilization. A game whose players barter and trade planets as currency. Your desire to keep your people out of the crossfire is perfectly understandable. Lord Apfel nods to Starlight.

I don't know what the details for his next story are, I don't micromanage the press. But I can get into contact with him. If we could pitch a counternarrative compelling enough, he'll want to run the story. I'm sure he will appreciate the "plot-twist."

Just, as an example: Suppose in his next story, instead of it being a litany of all the Sector Governors who have banned Vodkana from entering their systems, it's the story of how Vodkana, as a minor, was legally not responsible for her actions, and it was the Rebel Alliance who brought Minister Spoon to answer for his manipulation. Suddenly, Vodkana is the victim, and the Rebel Alliance comes out as heroes. This will serve to give you all a basis of credibility when it comes out that you want to bring Emperor Hailing to justice for his crimes.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Starlight nodded. "We did consider that," she said. "We had planned for Spoon to confess to everything on camera, and broadcast it across the universe. But with Spoon dead, that becomes a lot more difficult to make believable. Unless we had someone else to testify on his behalf. Or perhaps...." Her eyes drifted towards Ryuichi. The one with shapeshifting powers. An idea began to form in her mind.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Wasteland
    "....Not that I'm above lying and disguises for the greater good, but do you really think Ryu would be able to pull it off, much less be ok with it? Oh right, there was that time he disguised himself as Beerus, nevermind. But I think you should only do it with his approval."
    Android 23 didn't have much of a moral code herself, but she did respect other's codes.
    "Apfel's plan is the most reasonable. Especially when my own plan for Ulgo would probably involve a frosty discussion about how little I appreciate what he is doing under the grip of my hand in a lonely place with no recording equipment and how he could improve his journalistic integrity and accuracy in the future. Which is honestly a horrible plan really, but when you do something like that to someone I care about, it can make me a little harsh."
    She smiles a little.
    "Maybe I should prank Ulgo instead someday. Jerks like that deserve a little humiliation now and then. Maybe not the time when we do the plan but...eventually. Yes lets do Apfel's plan, its not as if there is anything better we can do, and it helps with our overall goal."

Flake replies.
    "My body will live. My worldview....not so much."
    Understatement of the century really. Her way of speaking seems clipped and a little listless. She is clearly keeping herself reserved and upright just to avoid making a scene, and while she is doing her best to put on the appearance of a stoic soldier, perhaps clinging to the last foundation of strength she has to avoid breaking down entirely. Though she does try some of Vodkana's cookies. However even the PL boost from such cookies is less efficient, going up less than they do for others.
    "...These are good though. Normally I have to eat a lot more to get enough energy. I do admit, however you put so much energy into these things could be a great innovation- many ki fighters have big appetites and its expensive to feed them due to their energy needs as they become stronger. With this, they might be able to eat normal meals again at less expense."
    Arcosian banquets can get really ridiculous with that sort of thing, and thus Arcos has a reputation of decadence in the galaxy because all their fighters need so much food just to keep their strength up.

Masala
    She stops right before she spikes the bubble-ball, considering his sensible point. Unfortunately, sense does not live long in the presence of a Majin.
    "Nah, I have a way to do both! Thats more fun!"
    She then lowers the bubble to the ground and it seems to change properties as she begins to push and roll it around while running a fast as she can. A strange music begins to play around her as she begins to roll up all the soldiers into the ball to join them.. Just imagine the surreal sight of every surprised soldier joins them in the bubble as they are rolled over and collected, and the bubble getting bigger and bigger as they begin all to find themselves inside not sure what is going on, continuing until the all legions around the South City are within. The people in South City themselves are looking at this in bewilderment at this strange turn of events, their jaws hanging open, their eyebrows raised,not sure how to process the slime-girl happily having fun rolling this thing around.
    "....Hm.....its so big now....I think I'll have to kick it..."
    She then winds up her foot with a spin then kicks the rolling bubble off in a random direction, sending it rolling at ludicrous speeds across the ocean.
    "Bai bai!"
    She waves ditzily at the probably dazed and confused Fenrir family and the legions.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2016-10-11 at 12:17 AM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Starlight nodded.

"23, I have a question," she said. "You're a cyborg, right? Does that mean that everything you see and hear is stored in video form and can be retrieved, like one of those ... what did you call them? Camera recorders?"
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2016-10-11 at 12:33 AM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Vodkana smiled to Flake.
    "Well, I'm an average cheff. You should sometime a meal prepared by the four Rajas of taste! Or better, from the Maharaja! Nya!" she said excitngly.

She frowned at the ideas about Ulgu.
    "You are not going to do nothing about it" she demanded.
    "Nya. As we are saying at planet Meal- "Nyo meal coming free"- and I have a LOT of meals to pay for, nya! I will... face the people I have hurted, nya. I... won't escape my punishment!"

And beside... She felt guilty about Spoon.
    He died, because he had a little sympathy deep deep inside of his heart toward her. He also probably suffering right now, in hell, Vodkana didn't want also to spit on his memories...

"The best plan would be, let the people.do with me, what ever please them, and in return they will leave my.people alone"

[South City]

Fenrir sobbed with gratitude.

The people pointed, and gasped with shock.
    The Shame Orphans's guards managed.to gather then again.
    "This is bad! Two are missing!" one of them yelled.
    "Those who belong the mayor's wife! This is bad!"
    "What bad,is your big idiotic mouth!"

------
    My previouse Avater

18. - Top - End - #108

The Wasteland

The Hypernet has information about the Veru'nas if you want some ideas. Apfel suggests. The Empire has done extensive research on Ulgo's people, having taken the task of quarantining the extremely aggressive, brutal, and incredibly strong monstrous aliens inside the Veru'nas Empire Subsector in the Whirlpool Galaxy. While emigration into the Arcosian Empire is allowed, very few actually do so.

Apfel then turns to Vodkana. She's taking the easy road out of her crisis. After your martyrdom, how will you ensure all your ill-wishers will honor their side of the agreement? Apfel asked.

Huh. Artic shrugs in agreement. Do they have a reason to agree to anything with someone they're going to scapegoat for all their problems? How do you know they won't just go attack Meal anyways?
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-10-11 at 09:43 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Wasteland
    "Yes. I have used that ability once before to deliver a message before you were with us. Your thinking of dredging up some of the things he said and playing them back. Of course, accessing such info and putting it into a useful form can be done one of two ways: either Artic can extract it-who is the only one I currently trust to handle my brain and know it will come out ok- or I can try doing this thing where I simply play it back to myself then conjure a thing with the information upon it. I haven't tried the second thing though, so I don't know if it'll work."
    She says to Starlight. Meanwhile Flake raises an eyebrow at Vodkana's words
    "....That is a massive guilt complex right there. Are you sure that I'm the one to be concerned over? Maybe you should be more concerned about her."
    Takes one to know to one, I guess.
    "....For some reason, I have a hard time believing it will be that simple, even if we did go with that plan, Vodkana. The galaxy is a big place, with such diverse enemies I doubt they'd agree on even the most basic and trivial of things. A mob is a fragile thing. It looks united, but its really just a lot of sound and fury that could collapse in on itself the moment their anger isn't the same flavor of anger.

So you'd offer yourself up, and all the people who hate you, would then proceed to argue what way they could possibly punish you. One culture proposes they kill you quickly, another says they should torture you slowly to death, and a third is appalled at the second and thinks torture is an irredeemable evil that it will have no part in, so on and so forth, and such stupidity would spiral out from there and end with them all fighting each other over the right to kill you themselves personally instead of allowing someone else to take the pleasure of doing the act away from them. They're not out for justice they're out for revenge, and thats generally how the stupidity of revenge plays out.

And even if it works....if they hate you enough to kill you, would they respect your dying wish at all? You'd be dead, so you'd never know and wouldn't be able to do anything about it if they don't uphold their end of the bargain afterwards. One's life- which is what you'd be offering them- is the worst bargaining chip in any equation.

No the closest thing to justice would be offering yourself to the judgement of whatever courts do galaxy-wide jurisdiction. Which given the situation, I'm pretty sure are the Arcosians. Meaning you'd be offering yourself to the judgement of the system that the Rebel Alliance is currently fighting against. So. Not really all that viable. And I'm not going to wait through an even longer more official court trial on what you did, just Me forbid, that was grueling.

The long and short of it, is that offering yourself up? Won't be making things better. I mean we fight for the people, but I don't fight for the right for random mobs of angry people to kill someone over circumstances of their birth and the actions of their parent or guardian. Look all these ideas of evasion or solving this neatly are great, but there is a reason why we have ki based superpowers capable of massive amounts of kickassery. Worst comes worst, just kick all their asses lethally or nonlethally as we like, an once they are all knocked out or dead, who is going to get in our way? It wouldn't be the best solution, but if we.....claim its to defend the Nyagatos.....oh I have a better idea!

I say, we throw a tournament. Challenge the mob to one, with the one winner being the one who decides Vodkana's fate. I mean, so many people right? and so much to narrow down, therefore we let the vast majority of them kick each OTHER's asses while we participate as well, until only one of us is left then we avoid a big battle AND since we're all good fighters its likely that we would reach the final rounds, and if we put in a nonlethality rule, anyone who cheats or tries to make a break for killing Vodkana anyways, we can kill with no remorse because they would break that rule first. And if we spin the tournament as being a noble effort to defend Planet Meal on top Apfel's spin on Vodkana's family issues, it could even help our rep.

And you can't argue with this plan Vodkana, because you'd technically be still offering yourself up- but only to the one person who wins all this, and it doesn't really matter if its anyone here thats the winner, because we the Rebel Alliance live on Earth, and you wronged us and therefore we have just as much right to decide your fate as anyone else. If we're good enough that what we'll be facing is mostly each other, than the stakes won't matter and the fights between ourselves in the final rounds would be friendly and no need for any pressure for either one to win. The tournament would basically be a giant filtering system that would defeat all the weak foes nonlethally thus allowing us to focus on the strong threats to you! By doing this, we won't be playing on their terms, but our own."

Masalari Damacy
    She then turns and speeds off to find the mayor's office or mansion to break through their walls and assault the place to find Fenrir's wife going.
    "Fenrir's Wife? where aaaaaare you? Come out, come out where you are! I warn you: I'm very good at hide and seek!"
    She wasn't going to kill her though. Masala had other plans.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Starlight watched the conversation for a moment, working the situation over in her mind. She didn't want Vodkana to die, be tortured, or even held captive, but it was clear Vodkana wanted to make an effort to repent for what she had done. Still, she wasn't quite sure about 23's plan - not only did it seem dishonest and like they were stacking the deck, but even if someone else won, she would still be presenting herself to only one of her former victims - one out of over a hundred. Though the idea of the crew sparring amongst themselves was appealing - it was one she wanted to incorporate into their training anyway. Perhaps some more Equestrian tactics were what was needed.

"Alternatively - or perhaps in addition - you could always make an apology on camera," she said. "Offer to repair whatever damage you've done. Vodkana ... I understand that you want to repent and make things right. And you know that we will do whatever we can to help you - even if that means doing absolutely nothing. But we also really, really don't want to see you and Meal wind up dead because of this. And if you're worried about Spoon ... well, for whatever good he may have had within him, he did some pretty bad things too. If you want the truth out there ... he's a part of it."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

"He never forced me to break families, to steal the title of Ms. Galaxy... you all blaming Spoon, but he never forced me to do anything! All he have done, was to tell me that I can do whatever I want! Nya!" Vodkana fought her tears.
    "When I setted my on a prince I liked- he just said:"Want him? Take him. I was already twelve! I could say no to myself! Nya!" she hugging her own tail.
    What the nya people will do with my empty apology?!" she snapped at Starlight.

she sighed.
    :but 23-Sensei probably and Apfel-kun have a point. I wish.. I could just fix all the damage with simple magic... nya..."

------
    My previouse Avater

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Wasteland
    23 rolls her eyes. She walks up to Vodkana and whispers.
    "Normally this would be the moment where I'd have to be a cynical jerk who points out that you can't just wish the problem away with a magic wand....but in reality, if we get the Thing for the You-Know-Whats, we might actually be able to solve it all by wishing it away if we know how to work it. Considering Talsaiga also has You-Know-Whats of their own, there is a possibility of using those? So we might not even have to use our own...

So you either we can be responsible adults about this and face it with a strong face knowing it can be ugly, or we can be cheating survivors like Spoon would want and ask You-Know-Who for an out just this once and be more responsible when we're older and have more experience to deal with it. Your choice. Just saying....Spoon did compliment me on being a survivor as I dragged his soul up there, he approved of that and said that the only job of a parent....is teaching their offspring how to survive. Would you really disappoint him by not learning how to survive as well? If anything, if you really feel that way for him, you'd live on and survive like he would want."

She winks at her knowingly.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    What the nya people will do with my empty apology?!" she snapped at Starlight.
    Starlight recoiled in shock as Vodkana snapped at her.

"They wouldn't," she said. "That's why I suggested you could offer to try and make it better."
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2016-10-12 at 08:30 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

"HOW can I pay for broken ecenomies, torn families and all the kind of terrible things I have caused? Nya? Even the money I can pay for all that, mostly stolen from them"

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

"HOW can I pay for broken ecenomies, torn families and all the kind of terrible things I have caused? Nya? Even the money I can pay for all that, mostly stolen from them"
    "And that's where 23's idea comes in!"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

26. - Top - End - #116

You can also always ask them. Artic suggested. Suppose we get that sleaseball reporter here. Maybe he can help you release a public apology. It's a start.

Now there's going to be a lot of bitter people. Those who will answer your call for questions on how you can help with "go crawl in a ditch." They don't want to be helped, ignore them. Help those who actually want to be helped.

Though...a tournament might not be the WORST idea, to allow some an outlet for their anger and aggression. Don't know how the logistics will work.
    Artic imagined organizing such a tournament. 23 severely underestimates how much interest such a tournament might garner, from actual victims of Vodkana's abuse to well-wishers, to the lowest-of-the-low virtue-signaling losers who have never even heard of Princess Vodkana from their cozy domicile in the Andromeda Galaxy, yet all too willing to pass judgment based solely on what people are saying on social media. This will be a tournament with millions, if not billions of potential applicants. There has to be a way to sort through them, and even then, while the tournament is ongoing, they'll need to be provided food and board for the duration.

Tsarbone

He was wise to presume that. Apfel answered flatly as his eyes meet the Sector Lord's. Are you sure you're okay? You look, well, terrified.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-10-12 at 11:50 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

Wastelands
    ".....Oh right, logistics. That puts a big wrench in the tournament idea. We're talking about entire solar systems upon solar systems worth of crimes and people wronged here, and I'm still thinking too small. If Vodkana is right that 144 planets have reason to have a grudge against her, then we're basically talking about a horde of people that might be able to populate the Earth dozens of times over. Thats not a mob of people we can reason with, thats a rampaging army of raiders that could fill up an entire planet and destroy its entire surface as it attacks. How do you even FIGHT an army that would fill up the entire sky?"
    Flake chimes in with her combat experience.
    "Mostly through wide-coverage ki blast attacks, holding nothing back with great beams and blasts to cover and destroy as many as possible in a consistent rotating pattern so that while some of the defenders recharge, others fire and destroy as much as possible. Defending against such a force isn't a just a fight, its a war. We would have no time to hold back or worry about sparing them in such a scenario- you would have to kill enough to either make the force start dispersing in fear, or outlast them. Either way, it'd be a blood-bath, unless you can invent a planet-buster level nonlethal attack."
    ".....We invented stun blasts as you can see from Starlights last attack, is it possible to making a stun blast, that could say, pulse across an entire planet?"
    "Well, you could in theory.....but there are problems. At a certain threshold of power, anything becomes lethal. If you make the stun too strong, you might kill them in a different way. After, stunning works as a form of paralyzation- make that strong enough, and you got a shock that could kill if the person isn't strong enough to take it. It isn't as simple as making a stun blast but much bigger like ordinary planet busters, you'd have to figure out how to keep the attack nonlethal yet achieve enough power for it be long-ranging enough. And even then, there might be problems in that might not stun more powerful opponents. Such a technique would require a genius of ki control to invent, like someone incredibly good at controlling large amounts of power.

After all, one of the most important parts of Homeworld training is learning how to hold back. The first time I got to another planet, I accidentally broke a door from knocking upon it too hard even though I thought it was a normal knock. There have been many instances of ki fighters killing people completely by accident simply because they hadn't gotten full of control of their new strength yet. Its why when your powering up or gathering ki, rocks tend to rise, wind blows, the ground cracks at your steps and an aura of ki glows around you- the more power you access, the harder it becomes to fine-control it. The more it becomes a weapon of brute force and explosive power.

To make such a technique that could achieve such a thing would be unprecedented."

"I dunno, maybe we can give it a shot...?"
    "No! You don't understand. Such a technique isn't one that can be just made with fighters of our caliber. I'm not talking about people like us who just do it as a thing, a job. You two clearly have other interests, Artic is an inventor, Starlight is way too versatile to specialize so deeply, and even I am a soldier who has practical needs to attend to over a hypothetical attack! Apfel is a politician....and Vodkana is Vodkana. The kind of genius that it would take would be someone obsessed with ki and how to use it. Someone who spends every waking moment of their lives training for the sake of training and fighting for the sake of fighting itself! Anyone can access power and wield it like a hammer, but it takes a true master of ki control to wield it with finesse. We're talking "strange old hermit practicing in isolation for decades to master ki" levels of dedication.

I mean, if any ki fighter could make a nonlethal planet-wide attack, you wouldn't have Hailing blowing up planets as a problem to begin with. We'd just use the nonlethal version to stun the entire planet as a show of force and repeat it however many times as necessary to get the point across and then the planet would hand themselves over to Arcosian rule without any loss in life. And even if you did invent such a thing, there would be no way to designate friend from foe. Everyone would get stunned. Best that you just forget about such a thing, and find another way."

"....Could we possibly contact representatives or rulers of the planets, so as to make a representational tournament of one fighter per planet wronged? That would narrow it down to a more manageable thing, at least. 144 fighters to start in a tournament would be a lot easier than potentially millions...or actually fighting that many people in a planetary battle."
    She said, turning to Apfel.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hunton Orbital]
    Slushie

"Dude, what would I do with gold? I am not a stone age-dude." Slushie laughed.
    "But I still want to know, what are you planning to do with a fleet, dude."
    "I already told you. I am going to dismantle it", the short humanoid answers impassively. "If you do not accept gold, is there another payment form you would accept? Well, aside from those ludicrous 'Qubit coins'. Or would you be kind enough to do it for free?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

South City

The Mayor's Mansion is easy enough to find. it's big, fancy with a maze garden and big golden flag of the word Mayor is waved joyfully. Some horse riders are on their way there. Probably to inform him about the crysis.
    The walls are nothing against Masala's power. She finding the mayor and his wife be exposing the bathroom- they both are sitting in a steam punk version of a jakuzi. The mayor is fat, short and impressivly moastached. His wife looking younger than him by ten years, with an impressive figure. They are drinking wine from a fancy glasses.
    When their wall is torn off by a flying goo girl, they are spitting the wine,

Tzarbone

"We are going against the Emperor. So there is a seriouse risk, that my beauty will be harmed!" he explained
    "And losing my planet and people might be sad as well." he added. "Let's get on with this...." he called.
    "Tzarbone-kun!" answered him a cheerful voice. The other person on the other line was from Tzarbone's specie. He wore
    empirial armor and very complicated looking scouter. "Oh. Hello Apfel." he said a bit coldly.
    Apfel.might recognize him- Zorbab. He is friendly, and very chatty and also like to gossip. Sometimes Hailing use him to.create or stop inner conflicts between the Emperor's ship's staff.
    "I hope you are proud of the mess you made, Apfel"he said coldly.

Vodkana

Vodkana almost were tempted by the idea of.so.much.destruction....

but she shaked her head.
    "Well, there would be probably a lot of my exes... nya. That would be akward... but this is probably the least terrible solution..."
    she smiled to Artic."And.... thanks... I... sniff* really lucky to have all of you as my friends.. nya."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Hunton Orbital]

"I already told you. I am going to dismantle it", the short humanoid answers impassively. "If you do not accept gold, is there another payment form you would accept? Well, aside from those ludicrous 'Qubit coins'. Or would you be kind enough to do it for free?"
    Slushie has tilted his head.

"Do something fun and swaying with it.Y'know? Maybe... a super space surfer! Just like.mine! Dude! This would be a sway! Y'know?!" he said.
    "I am just looking for funsies, dude. Can you give me that?"

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hutton Orbital]

"I... hrrm." The humanoid's voice trails off, confused. He scratches his head. "Funsies. What, exactly, would you Arcosians consider 'fun'? Aside from conquering planets. Conquering planets is always fun. Ha. Ha. Ha."

The used spaceship salesman eyes them both suspicuously. "If you aren't going to buy anything, get the Hell out of my shop", he grumbles, then gives an apologetic bow to Slushie. "No offense meant to you, kind sir. I'm simply tired of this stone-age plebeian wasting both of our times."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."