New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitP] Foster's Home For Temporally-Displaced Friends

The Wasteland.

Oh, get over here, you! Artic goes down on one knee to give Vodkana a hug. There's been enough suffering in the universe, i'm just happy to help.

Apfel always considered himself to be a genius Ki user, but he knew Sailor-Captain Flake was right. He always did overspecialize in ki techniques that made use of his talent for precision and accuracy. Even against overwhelming numbers, he never used giant energy waves. His method of planetary annihilation consists of literally cutting a planet in half, there's no way that will be able to be made into a non-lethal attack.

Bringing it down to 144 WOULD simplify a lot of the logistical problems. Artic noted, hand under his chin. Though we would still need facilities, catering, housing, insurance for when the fighters blow up the facility...is there any way we can get the event sponsored?

Getting Imperial planetary governors to help would not be too difficult, we can allow them to create their own means of finding the best single fighter amongst them. A few of the planets Vodkana visited were outside Imperial space, and may or may not even have united planetary government. Apfel answered. Still, I cannot imagine every single region of every planet was visited. The regional power will have jurisdiction. If not, they will have to decide amongst themselves.

Furthermore, the, if you will pardon my language, scandal of Vodkana's tour of space has given her fame
    or infamy on an intergalactic scale. Such is the sensationalism, that once this tournament is announced, new stories will circulate about the sporting event of the decade. Getting sponsorship from intergalactic corporations should be easy. All you'll need is a pitch.

Tzarbone

Lord Apfel. He corrected Zorbab. An innocuous assertion, but one meant to establish dominance. Now please, talk me through what happened with our Emperor and the Emperor's Vanity.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Spoiler: Wall of Text
    Show
    Wastelands
    ".....Oh right, logistics. That puts a big wrench in the tournament idea. We're talking about entire solar systems upon solar systems worth of crimes and people wronged here, and I'm still thinking too small. If Vodkana is right that 144 planets have reason to have a grudge against her, then we're basically talking about a horde of people that might be able to populate the Earth dozens of times over. Thats not a mob of people we can reason with, thats a rampaging army of raiders that could fill up an entire planet and destroy its entire surface as it attacks. How do you even FIGHT an army that would fill up the entire sky?"
    Flake chimes in with her combat experience.
    "Mostly through wide-coverage ki blast attacks, holding nothing back with great beams and blasts to cover and destroy as many as possible in a consistent rotating pattern so that while some of the defenders recharge, others fire and destroy as much as possible. Defending against such a force isn't a just a fight, its a war. We would have no time to hold back or worry about sparing them in such a scenario- you would have to kill enough to either make the force start dispersing in fear, or outlast them. Either way, it'd be a blood-bath, unless you can invent a planet-buster level nonlethal attack."
    ".....We invented stun blasts as you can see from Starlights last attack, is it possible to making a stun blast, that could say, pulse across an entire planet?"
    "Well, you could in theory.....but there are problems. At a certain threshold of power, anything becomes lethal. If you make the stun too strong, you might kill them in a different way. After, stunning works as a form of paralyzation- make that strong enough, and you got a shock that could kill if the person isn't strong enough to take it. It isn't as simple as making a stun blast but much bigger like ordinary planet busters, you'd have to figure out how to keep the attack nonlethal yet achieve enough power for it be long-ranging enough. And even then, there might be problems in that might not stun more powerful opponents. Such a technique would require a genius of ki control to invent, like someone incredibly good at controlling large amounts of power.

After all, one of the most important parts of Homeworld training is learning how to hold back. The first time I got to another planet, I accidentally broke a door from knocking upon it too hard even though I thought it was a normal knock. There have been many instances of ki fighters killing people completely by accident simply because they hadn't gotten full of control of their new strength yet. Its why when your powering up or gathering ki, rocks tend to rise, wind blows, the ground cracks at your steps and an aura of ki glows around you- the more power you access, the harder it becomes to fine-control it. The more it becomes a weapon of brute force and explosive power.

To make such a technique that could achieve such a thing would be unprecedented."

"I dunno, maybe we can give it a shot...?"
    "No! You don't understand. Such a technique isn't one that can be just made with fighters of our caliber. I'm not talking about people like us who just do it as a thing, a job. You two clearly have other interests, Artic is an inventor, Starlight is way too versatile to specialize so deeply, and even I am a soldier who has practical needs to attend to over a hypothetical attack! Apfel is a politician....and Vodkana is Vodkana. The kind of genius that it would take would be someone obsessed with ki and how to use it. Someone who spends every waking moment of their lives training for the sake of training and fighting for the sake of fighting itself! Anyone can access power and wield it like a hammer, but it takes a true master of ki control to wield it with finesse. We're talking "strange old hermit practicing in isolation for decades to master ki" levels of dedication.

I mean, if any ki fighter could make a nonlethal planet-wide attack, you wouldn't have Hailing blowing up planets as a problem to begin with. We'd just use the nonlethal version to stun the entire planet as a show of force and repeat it however many times as necessary to get the point across and then the planet would hand themselves over to Arcosian rule without any loss in life. And even if you did invent such a thing, there would be no way to designate friend from foe. Everyone would get stunned. Best that you just forget about such a thing, and find another way."

"....Could we possibly contact representatives or rulers of the planets, so as to make a representational tournament of one fighter per planet wronged? That would narrow it down to a more manageable thing, at least. 144 fighters to start in a tournament would be a lot easier than potentially millions...or actually fighting that many people in a planetary battle."
    She said, turning to Apfel.
    Starlight glanced upwards, considering just how such a spell would work. The problem was that the spell's power would diminish over long distances. If only there was some way to make sure the spell's power stayed constant, or that it hit everyone at once with the same amount of power. She summoned a quill and parchment and began making a few calculations. When 23 and Apfel were done talking, she frowned and set them down.

"I see two ways of going about such a spell," she said. "The first is to trigger it at a point equidistant from each and every target, such as the planetary core. Other locations could be used, but they would require a shaped blast. The second is to somehow make the spell self-sustaining - weak enough to not kill at shorter distances, and with some sort of mechanism built in to draw more power as it expands. I'm not very familiar with the kind of necromantic magic that would require, though - it would have to draw the extra power from its victims. Or, option two-point-five, transmit the spell on a harmless carrier wave. The spell could draw power from the carrier wave, but we would have to weave in a third spell to siphon off excess power from the stun spell to make sure it doesn't grow too powerful. I really wish Starswirl the Bearded was still alive, he could develop such a spell in his sleep ... maybe I could ask the Doctor or the theoretical archmagi at S--- erm, my agency, but I'm not sure if they would be able to help. But ... then there's the question of what to do after we knocked everyone out. And it would have to be on a barren world, otherwise there could be massive lose of wildlife - oh, wait! What about a delayed-reaction spell?" She quickly picked up her parchment and began making some calculations.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2016-10-13 at 03:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Wasteland
    "Well if it were being done in my timeline, I'd be getting the event sponsored by Hetap, but its not here, so anyone else have any idea?"
    Sailor Torgas raises one of her lobster claws.
    "Oh I know! We can call Spacey's. They sponsor a lot of things involving Arcosian Elite Squads- we aren't just soldiers, we also do sporting events as entertainment."
    "....Spacey's...?"
    23 raises her eyebrow in bewilderment.
    "Its a restaurant chain. It calls itself that so as not to be biased towards anyone planet, thus serving anyone good food. in space. Real good at serving tons of diverse biologies."
    "Sounds like a plan...."

Flake just gawks at points at Starlight's reaction.
    "What the.....she is just.....using MATH!?"
    "....Yes. Your point?"
    "...But...but...thats...I don't..."
    "Thats invalid how?"
    "....Nevermind..."
    Its not as if any normal fighter would think to do that....they'd probably just shout about how they are a great fighter and try to achieve with pure willpower and trying hard enough.

Android 23 turns to Vodkana and ruffles her head a bit.
    "Your welcome, Vod. Its no problem."
    Android 22 chimes in while pumping her fist into the sky
    "Not a problem at all! You can alway count on us to care for peoples lives! You can't live a good life if your guilty or dead yeah? Though if this is solved now, we should really start get going on the other stuff? I guess?"

Masala
    "Wife of the mayor! I have come for you! You sold out Fenrir and your children! I care not for anything else- you are a HORRIBLE MOMMY! Fear not- you will not die."
    She extends her arm, grabs the wife and smiles, her face still normal.
    "Instead I'm going to have a lot of fun destroying every object you own. Every single thing you betrayed your family for. Then I'm going to leave you on a deserted island, thus destroying your connection to this city! Wouldn't want the mayor- who I have no anger at- to waste money on you meant for the citizens, now would we?"
    Then she runs around the mansion carrying the wife in one hand and breaking various objects that looked like was hers with the other fist.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Tzarbone and Zorbab

Zorbab smirked smugly.
    "you are lucky that Tzarbone-kun is nice to you." Tzarbone greeted his teeth with hate. Could Zorbab be.. one of Spoon's "friends"?
    "As you know very well, Supposedly-Lord-Apfel.. someone from Plant has sent a threat to the Emperor. The Emperor's Vanity set course to Plant to deal with it. But then YOU have decided to warn the damn queen." He said with hatred and rage. On which side is he?
    "And then, this colorful horse alien came. Starlight was her name? She used some trick and sent us to Hailing know where, and even dared to escape, despite it was made sure it would be impossible, while questioned. The records of all that were sent to Tzarbone-kun.. so what do you need more from me?"

Masala
    THe mayor screamed, but his wife screamed more.
    "Nonononono!!!" she screamed with histery
    "You monster! You know how hard I have worked to get here?! Why do you care for a beast?!"

Vodkana

"Nya... I think I can also find some of the NOT shadowy friends of Spoon.. maybe? And also... if someone of you could hack into one his accounts..." Vodkana offered, staring puzzled at Starlight.
    Vodkana smiled to Artic.
    "nya.." she purred happily
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2016-10-13 at 07:21 PM.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

5. - Top - End - #125

Tsarbone

Did you witness these events personally? He asked. Something is clearly wrong here. Even if he did have all this information, someone who's clearly a Hailing loyalist and believes Apfel to be in the wrong for preventing genocide wouldn't allow this information to be released.

The Wasteland

I shall accompany you to Talsaiga. I always enjoy visiting ocean-worlds. Incirrians are amphibious, able to breathe both underwater and in the air. An adaptation from evolving on their ocean-world homeworld of Cirra, where their ancestors used Ki to fly above the ocean's surface and into the air to escape predators.

While in transit, I will contact Ulgo so we can release our counter-narrative. Just have your pitch ready for why Vodkana is the victim, I won't be speaking for you.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Suddenly, Starlight looked up from her parchment and facehoofed. "I am an idiot!" she declared. "It's so obvious! We just need to increase the tension on the magic field so that only so much energy can bleed off into an individual at once!"
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Wasteland
    Flake shakes her head.
    "Whatever....there is a big difference between theory and practice..."
    23 nods at Apfel.
    "Thats fair. We could use someone who'd know something about aquatic worlds. And that sounds like a plan for making sure Vodkana's issue is fixed, I'm sure we can come up with something soon."
    From what she read, there were no polar ice caps, it has seven times Earth gravity, most land-masses were relatively unexplored and the Talsaigans seemed to have evolved from anglerfish. Don't even get her started on the weird state of their technology. It was probable that Apfel would find out, but that was pretty much eventual regardless.
    "Anyways, if thats all....Starlight, you'll have enough time to work that out fully on our way to Talsaiga, lets get investigatin' that there Red Planet Army. Lets head to Acorn Cat-Quack!"
    She takes off to Ackon Cahuak

Masala's Judgement
    After breaking all her stuff and running out to a deserted island, far from the sight of land, she holds the wife up with a stern, 23-like look in her eye.
    "Both of those are the wrong question! The REAL question is: Why didn't YOU care for your family?"
    She throws the wife onto the shore.
    "Don't bother answering yet! I'm going to come back in ten years! Just as long as Fenrir spent in mines because you sold him out! Think on what you did, you naughty, bad mommy! And when I come back....you better have a good answer for me. No lying."
    She then turns around.
    "Oh no! I almost forgot! The tournament! I got to get to it on time! Why'd I spend so long on this!?"
    She then flies off without a second thought, paying no heed to the wife in her rush to get it going.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2016-10-14 at 11:51 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

[Hutton Orbital]

"Bah. Y'know what dude? I'll buy you what ever you want, if you bore me, I'll just destory you. Swoshing fair to you, dude?"

Vodkana

Vodkana followed 23.

Zorbab and Tzarbone

"Part of it. Most of it, I have monitored from my little room. Why?"

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

On The Way to Ackon Cahuak
    Suddenly 23 bursts out laughing
    "I just realized something funny.....technically, Beerus is my superior now. I'm technically teaching the daughter of one my bosses. Oh my gamikai thats scary, Beerus is technically my boss now."
    She shivers at that.

Masala to Tigra! Come in, Come in...
    She flies back to Tigras place and plops down.
    "Sorry! I got to Lucy and he did accept, but I got a little sidetracked with a thing involving a big doggy. I think the tournament will be happening soon, but it might take a while for all the participants across the world to arrive so.....how long until you want to go? I don't remember you being able to fly..."

Android 22
    She waves to everyone.
    "Bye! I'm checking out that PL!"
    She flies off to South City and arrives to see the devastation wrought in Masala's wake.
    "What happened here!? This looks like this was a battle. I must investigarate..."
    She flies down and looks around while asking people what happened.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

[Vodkana]

Vodkana sighed.
    "I doubt he even know about my existence.. nya.'

[south city]

Some version telling about a huge beastmen army, which were devoured(?) by a jello monster, who also have eaten half beastmen orphans and the Mayor's wife.
    People are quite panicked.

------
    My previouse Avater

11. - Top - End - #131

Tsarbone

I just find it odd. As he says this, he reviews the recordings sent to Tsarbone to see if they are, indeed, legitimate, especially if there are any that reference him directly, being on Plant.

Your theory is that I warned the Queen of the Tuffles of the arrival of Emperor Hailing and his intentions to illegally commit Annihilation on Plant, correct? What prompted you to transmit these recordings even though your apparent hostility towards me and suggestion that I would have been in the wrong for warning the Queen would dictate you to not do these things?

Wasteland

Apfel and Artic follow 23.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-10-15 at 06:43 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

[Zorbab and Tsarbone

"That is actually surprisingly a good question" Zorbab said.
    "But there something you have to understand. Everyone are loyal. The question is- to whom and and what? For example- you were loyal to the Emperor, until it conflicted with some BIGGER loyalty- in your case, your loyalty for the ideals of weakness and softness. Even if those ideals are disgusting me..." he paused with a sigh.
    "I'm not much better than you. My loyalty for my home planet king is bigger than my loyalty to the Emperor. If.things will get wrong, I'll blame it all on Tsarbone. Emperor Hailing MIGHT even understand my impossible situation. Probably not."

Tsarbone hissed.
    Zorbab raised an eyebrow, "Is there something you want to say Tsarbone-kun?"
    Tsarbone glared at him... but shaked his head and looked away.

------
    My previouse Avater

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hutton Orbital]

The humanoid blinks. "Fair? No, that's not fair. That's completely absurd. I have no idea what would interest you and I have no reason to stick around to be your personal clown. You either buy my fleet for me for free, or state a reasonable price. Which is it?"

The used ship salesman looks at Slushie. "Lord Slushie, why do you put up with this commoner. Just crush him like the bug he is!"

The humanoid shoots a glare at the salesman. "You are much more like a bug than me, and even that's a far cry."

---

[Ackon Cahuak]

The cave where the Androids last saw Yamakami is devoid of life. At the back of the cave there is a terrace and a doorway similar to one on the Lookout. If the Androids know enough, they can recognize it as an entrance to a hyperbolic time chamber.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

[Hutton Orbital]

Slushie sighed.
    "This is my price, dude. Absurds are fun. Either that, or I'll have to defend to poor merchant which doesn't seem to be on the same wave with you, dude," He has explained.

[Ackon Cahuak]

Vodkana

"Where are we flying to, exactly? Nya?"

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Ackon Cahuak
    "Well this is certainly a Lookout door....so its clearly Yama's work....but there are many rooms in the Lookout. And I only know what one does because of future knowledge but even then, all the doors in the Lookout look the freaking same. So it might be a Hyperbolic Time Chamber, it might be whatever other mysterious room we don't full understand."
    She opens the door, but doesn't go inside. Thankfully, there was an easy way to test if time was 365 times faster. She conjures an ice cube. Normally ice cubes melted at a rate that was unnoticeable- one could go an entire drink of whatever you care to name and they'd just gradually be gone. She throws it inside and watches as it clatters to the ground and melts to water near instantly.
    "Yup. This here's a Hyperbolic Time Chamber.....and it looks like there is a second one inside. Question is, what would one be possibly doing that you'd need to speed up time twice and accomplish something that would take 365 years within a single day? Sun Kai did tell me he saw them all come out....but for a full investigation, we'd need to go into the second chamber. I think its best that only I go in if we want to investigate.....everyone else here ages. Silly I know, because just because time is going faster doesn't mean you'll spend time in there long enough to age, but still.....Yama was a bit of a tricky deceiving jerk.

His mind....wasn't exactly easy to understand. He might've put in some surprises just for us. Its not as if we had the best relationship with him, considering how much Oxyribo ticked him off. I'm still kind of ticked that he left me here to clean up whatever mess he made."

23 pauses to think a thought in annoyance then turns back to everybody else.
    "But Sun Kai did say he saw them coming out of here, so I think we can assume with high probability that they were built in here. The "why" is still eluding me though. By the way Vodkana, this place is A-conned Kumquat, its where we found Yama last hiding....I don't think you guy ever met him...probably for the best really. He was kind of a jerk. Not evil per se....but a jerk."

Android 22's Detectively Investigaration
    "Egads! I think I know what did this thing!"
    It was obviously Majin Buu! What other thing in this universe was made of jello and gone around eating people?
    "Wait....did people even know what jello was in this era? why do they know about it?Wow, you never think what the origins of these things are until you encounter situations like these."
    She telepathy-sends to 23:
    23, when was jello invented? I can't remember the exact date of when they made it. Because people have been to referring to the thing that attacked as "jello" and if they discovered it early in this timeline...
    22! Not important right now! Focus on the actual thing!
    Fine fine!

Enough of that distraction! Majin Buu was here! Though why he had such a low power level was WEIRD. As far as she knew, Buu was too much of a naive child to suppress his power level, even if he was capable of detecting ki. Maybe this was some weird alternate version of him that got drained down to their levels and now was trying to eat people to regain power? Who knows. It didn't matter. She was Android 22! Buu had a certain threshold where even his regeneration would not save him, and with a lower PL than her, that threshold would be easily achievable with maybe even a single Wide Blast to atomize him to nothing. She was actually the better of the two Androids for taking on such regenerators due to her use of overwhelming firepower.
    She towards the unfamiliar PL. She would see what Majin Buu was up to- and stop him!

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hutton Orbital]

The humanoid's eyes narrow."Well if that's your answer, I bet he'll be happy if you pay him those ships. Get. To. It." That sounds suspicuously like an order.

---

[Ackon Cahuak]

The entrance to the chamber within the first one looks... odd. At times, it seems identical to the first door, at others it looks badly eroded, flickering between states when 23 so much as blinks. She might get a feeling it would not be safe to pass through. In the days after the Red Planet Army left, the first chamber has only aged by as many years as days, which is not enough to break down a stone construction in middle of white emptiness - but for the second chamber, thousands of yeara have passed and the environment was left in a much more volatile state due to all the construction.

If 23 steps into the second chamber... it's not certain if she can make it out.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

17. - Top - End - #137

Ackon Cahuack

Fascinating. Apfel remarks. Temporal manipulation. I haven't seen anything like it since the Phanes. Phanes being a centauroid alien species from the Andromeda Galaxy that possessed extremely sophisticated time-manipulation technology that even the Empire hasn't been able to reverse-engineer. The Phanes themselves were able to lock a person in temporal stasis or age them by hundreds of years in a matter of moments with a touch. They were able to move freely through time, observing events before they happen and determine the optimal outcome of all possible alternate timelines. However their technology and abilities were also severely overspecialized, leaving them vulnerable against direct assault and brute force. Many veteran Phanes expressed how there were zero alternate timelines that would've resulted in the Phanes' victory. Fortunately this particular Imperial conquest has a happy-ish ending, as the Phanes continue to exist in relative peace under the Empire.

I think I see. Their technology suddenly getting a jump-start from Iron Age to Space Age a week was simply a week to us. It might've been ten-thousand years from their perspective. Artic thought also about how he, too, was also ageless, but Apfel didn't need to know that.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Starlight facehoofed.

"I really do not like Yama," she grumbled. "Why would he make those robots, anyway? Do you think it might be a misguided attempt to make sure the Earth is protected from alien threats?"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

19. - Top - End - #139

Building a robot army is literally the last thing I would've done if it was my objective to protect the Earth from foreign discovery. A more sensible solution would be to create a double-layered planetary shield array, one to prevent radiation from entering, the kind most forms of planetary scanning systems use to discover the existence of planets in a star-system, and another to prevent it from leaving, so that the infrared emissions planets give off naturally aren't detectable either. Unfortunately this won't stop anyone from looking out a window and simply seeing the planet, but unless they were actively looking for Earth or had a lot of dumb luck, they won't find it.

Also, the shielding would be useless from stopping things, like projectiles, from entering or exiting.

Tsarbone

The worst-case scenario is that you are mistaken. The most you can expect to lose is your job. Apfel reassured him. His rhetoric was interesting though, it signified a philosophy of moral superiority proportional to a moral agent's strength. Might makes right, in other words.

I will do what I can to make sure that does not need to happen. He continues looking through the recordings to see if anything is amiss, or if he does somehow have recordings of himself on Plant.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Ackon Cahuak
    "I'm going to with a strong 'maybe' on that, Star. Everything we know about him says that he does solve things with force a lot....but not everything he does is completely straightforward. Oxyribo did generally threaten Yama with punishment if he didn't protect the Earth before we left, and this might be the result of that.....but well, y'know how it went when Oxyribo actually fought the guy alone: He fell for every trick Yama pulled. It might be exactly that, but it might also not be its ONLY purpose."
    She considers the state of the chambers.
    "Yeah, I'm going to be cautious on this one and NOT go in at all. And recommend that all of you do the same. We don't know what temporal manipulation like this doubled over does to people like me, and I'm not potentially spending my life just to find some meager, decayed evidence for a bunch of clockwork robots. That and I suspect leaving this here for anyone curious to go in and die to their own stupidity would be exactly the sort of thing Yama would consider a good trap for anyone stupid enough to fall in. He is a sink-or-swim guy like that. To be honest I have half a mind to destroy all this to keep whatever hypothetical random schmuck coming along from dying, but I'm not sure if tampering like that will get rid of this or make it worse somehow in a way I don't see."
    The civilized response to this sort of thing was to prod and investigate and do science and whatnot, but Yama, 23 suspected never played by civilization's rules. Survival instinct warned against being too curious, and made you avoid dangers and things unknown that you could not deal with. So he hid the evidence behind a thing that would kill you for your curiosity, she guessed.
    "Starlight, do you have any spells to check out whats inside the second chamber from a distance? If the temporal dilation is making all this decay at greater rate, the evidence might already be turning to dust as we speak or be long gone, but...if we can find anything...it might be worth it... I mean I tried my own scrying back on Plant, but your the more experienced magic user..."
    On the other hand, civilization has gone to ridiculous lengths to see whats happening without being in danger of actually being there, many times over.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Starlight shook her head.

"This kind of temporal manipulation is far beyond my knowledge," she admitted. "I can only think of three ponies in all of Equestria's history who could even come close - Starswirl the Bearded, Princess Celestia, and the Doctor. Starswirl is long dead, though he did have a habit of traveling though time. Princess Celestia is busy ruling the entirety of Equestria. And the Doctor ... maybe he could help, but I can't say with absolute certainty."
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2016-10-18 at 05:53 PM.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

[Vodkana]

Vodkana giggled. "Nyahahahaha!!" she looked around amused.
    "He sound much more interesting guy than Amon-Kami! Nya! Was he a pervert?" she has asked with amusement.

[22]

22 getting to jungle like land- where Masala has saved the locals from the Southern Army Of Fenrir. (Even if history will say that Lucifer saved them...)

Slushie

Slushie has narrowed his eyes for a moment, and then shrugged. "Here, Mr. Merchant Dude." he threw at him an empirical credit card.

[Tsarbone and Zorbaba

Everything seems exact. There are even records of Apfel's conversations with the ship, and also records of Hailing getting enraged.

Zorbab:"Anything else?"

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Masala to Tigra! Come in, Come in...
    She flies back to Tigras place and plops down.
    "Sorry! I got to Lucy and he did accept, but I got a little sidetracked with a thing involving a big doggy. I think the tournament will be happening soon, but it might take a while for all the participants across the world to arrive so.....how long until you want to go? I don't remember you being able to fly..."
    Tigra shrugged. "Whenever it's ready," she replied. "Until then, I'll just practice."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Ackon Cahuak
    "I dunno Vodkana, he was a really old man. Far older than Apfel here. Which could be yes or a no, depending. Though considering he never hit on anyone, I'm putting that in the "No" category. That and his three wives are apparently eternally reincarnating dogs chasing him in anger or something? I think he was turned off to that whole thing long ago."
    She shakes her head.
    "If your not going to bother, Starlight, then I'm not going to either. Lets just leave this alone and try another lead. Sun Kai mentioned that the robots stopped by at Luxana City before they went into space, lets go there."
    Android 23 closes the door and walks out of the cave then flies off.

Luxana City
    Shanakan's head suddenly bolts up. His fate vision....it was warning him. A being who could also see the future would be arriving. While there was no danger to anyone else, there was danger to him. Fate was warning him that two seers gazing upon each other.....well things could get STRANGE. It tended to result in an infinite feedback loop: one seer senses a change in the future because of the actions of the second seer, but the second seer sees a change resulting from the actions of the first, which changes the vision of the first seer, which changes the vision of the second again....and thus could really hurt his mind if he kept it activated. Thus he stops gazing upon fate. The risks were too great to try gazing upon the fate of a seer.

The Scissors Tribe: The Meeting Of The Odd.
    When You Need Music For A Meeting Of Odd Minds ...

"Aaaaaaah......got it.."
    Android 22 arrives in the sky then flies down and lands, looking around.
    "Hey! Majin Buu come out wherever you are I- wait your not Majin Buu. Your not Majin Buu at all. Your Majin Someone Else."
    A huge smile alights upon Masala's face and she leaps into a big hug with a bewildered Android 22.
    "MOMMY!! I've been searching everywhere for you!"
    Android 22 blinks and goes
    "Wha? Oro?"
    "I've finally found you, YAAAAAAAYY!! I was afraid I lost you forever!"
    Android 22 blinks in bewilderment again and says
    "Um.....ok but I don't know you...?"
    "Nonsense! Your my mommy, of course you know me."
    "I don't remember ever being so...."
    "Silly Mommy! You have a perfect memory, of course you remember! Stop kidding around."
    Android 22 had to admit, she had a good point.
    "....Then why am I bewildered and not embracing you back?"
    "This is clearly a test. From you! And I will pass with flying colors! Your my Mommy after all, you could never really forget me! Your awesome like that!"
    Android 22 blinks again, sees that if she told Masala otherwise that it would break her heart. So she plays along.
    ".....Uh yeah you just passed....your right, I could never forget you.....Majin who...?"
    "Masala! Full name, Masala Abracadabra Android! But you already knew this, your just trying to test or trick me again!"
    Masala smiles and winks as she lets go.
    "Uh.....yeah....Masala. So....I'm here about people at South City being eaten? Did you eat them?"
    Masala tilts her head to the side.
    "Silly Mommy! I don't eat people! I beat up a bunch evil dog army people, then rescued their leader and his children, rolled them all into a ball and kicked them somewhere else!"
    "...Right. Who is your friend he-"
    She realizes what Tigra was.
    "KITTY!"
    She tries to hug Tigra. Masala considers this.
    ".....You make a sound logical argument. KITTY!"
    Masala tries to hug Tigra as well as the same time.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2016-10-18 at 11:50 PM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Ackon Cahuak
    "I dunno Vodkana, he was a really old man. Far older than Apfel here. Which could be yes or a no, depending. Though considering he never hit on anyone, I'm putting that in the "No" category. That and his three wives are apparently eternally reincarnating dogs chasing him in anger or something? I think he was turned off to that whole thing long ago."
    She shakes her head.
    "If your not going to bother, Starlight, then I'm not going to either. Lets just leave this alone and try another lead. Sun Kai mentioned that the robots stopped by at Luxana City before they went into space, lets go there."
    Android 23 closes the door and walks out of the cave then flies off.
    Starlight stepped back, slightly startled. "It's not a matter of bothering, I just don't have the necessary knowledge!" she said. "Like I said, I can try to find the Doctor, maybe he can do something, but everyone else would need to stay here while I fetch him - he's back in Equestria now, and while you are authorized to visit (under supervision and with advance notice), nobody else here is."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Ackon Cahuak
    "Ah. Sorry. I just assumed that you wouldn't want to bother them with this. Very well, you can do that. Though I guess I should also call the Time Patrol just to check and make sure if a Double-Hyperbolic Time Chamber is a bad thing enough to do something about. To be honest, I've been kind of avoiding them after the last conversation I had with one of its members....it wasn't pretty....I admit, I kind of got angry after a button of mine was pushed, and 22....well...lets just say knew me too well and loved me too much to keep me in check then. I'm not looking forward to contacting them again."
    She would also have to call King Kai eventually since he was supposed to be like, his superior or something and it was best they have some form of good working relationship?

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Scissor Tribe

"OHHHH- The Godess's Mother!" Tribemen and women all around are falling, and kneeling around.

"Ha! It's you!" A very injured and scarred heyna man, jumped from the shades. "Masala! You have killed my auntie!" He giggled. He thrown toward Masala a strange weapon
    "In the name of Fenrir!" he laughed with rage.

Vodkana

"Nya. That is dissapointing. I don't care about age- all I care is about passion! Nya! Just like Zoyl had..." She flew after them. She stared at Starlight
    "Can I come too?! Nya!? Can you make me look like a pony?" she smiled deviously in a way that only could be described like that :3

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Ackon Cahuak
    "Ah. Sorry. I just assumed that you wouldn't want to bother them with this. Very well, you can do that. Though I guess I should also call the Time Patrol just to check and make sure if a Double-Hyperbolic Time Chamber is a bad thing enough to do something about. To be honest, I've been kind of avoiding them after the last conversation I had with one of its members....it wasn't pretty....I admit, I kind of got angry after a button of mine was pushed, and 22....well...lets just say knew me too well and loved me too much to keep me in check then. I'm not looking forward to contacting them again."
    She would also have to call King Kai eventually since he was supposed to be like, his superior or something and it was best they have some form of good working relationship?
    Starlight nodded. "This is all very concerning. If the Red Planet Army figures out how to get to Equestria...." She left the consequences unsaid, but 23 knew enough to know that it could be very bad indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Vodkana

"Nya. That is dissapointing. I don't care about age- all I care is about passion! Nya! Just like Zoyl had..." She flew after them. She stared at Starlight
    "Can I come too?! Nya!? Can you make me look like a pony?" she smiled deviously in a way that only could be described like that :3
    Starlight considered this for a moment. Finally, she nodded her consent. "Very well," she said. "I've already written to Princess Celestia about your situation and the possibility of your seeking asylum there ... if you want to? We never really had the chance to talk about that, and I know that you want to make up for what you've done. Either way, Princess Celestia would like to meet you, so we could do that while we're there."

If there was nothing else to say, Starlight began casting a teleport spell to take herself and Vodkana to the Equestrian mirror portal.

The Scissors Tribe: The Meeting Of The Odd.
    When You Need Music For A Meeting Of Odd Minds ...

"Aaaaaaah......got it.."
    Android 22 arrives in the sky then flies down and lands, looking around.
    "Hey! Majin Buu come out wherever you are I- wait your not Majin Buu. Your not Majin Buu at all. Your Majin Someone Else."
    A huge smile alights upon Masala's face and she leaps into a big hug with a bewildered Android 22.
    "MOMMY!! I've been searching everywhere for you!"
    Android 22 blinks and goes
    "Wha? Oro?"
    "I've finally found you, YAAAAAAAYY!! I was afraid I lost you forever!"
    Android 22 blinks in bewilderment again and says
    "Um.....ok but I don't know you...?"
    "Nonsense! Your my mommy, of course you know me."
    "I don't remember ever being so...."
    "Silly Mommy! You have a perfect memory, of course you remember! Stop kidding around."
    Android 22 had to admit, she had a good point.
    "....Then why am I bewildered and not embracing you back?"
    "This is clearly a test. From you! And I will pass with flying colors! Your my Mommy after all, you could never really forget me! Your awesome like that!"
    Android 22 blinks again, sees that if she told Masala otherwise that it would break her heart. So she plays along.
    ".....Uh yeah you just passed....your right, I could never forget you.....Majin who...?"
    "Masala! Full name, Masala Abracadabra Android! But you already knew this, your just trying to test or trick me again!"
    Masala smiles and winks as she lets go.
    "Uh.....yeah....Masala. So....I'm here about people at South City being eaten? Did you eat them?"
    Masala tilts her head to the side.
    "Silly Mommy! I don't eat people! I beat up a bunch evil dog army people, then rescued their leader and his children, rolled them all into a ball and kicked them somewhere else!"
    "...Right. Who is your friend he-"
    She realizes what Tigra was.
    "KITTY!"
    She tries to hug Tigra. Masala considers this.
    ".....You make a sound logical argument. KITTY!"
    Masala tries to hug Tigra as well as the same time.
    Tigra dodged backwards, performing a series of backflips to put some distance between herself and the clingy duo. She was not big on hugs.

"I have sworn off all forms of alcohol, as they dull the mind and body," she said dryly. "Right now, I deeply regret that decision."

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Scissor Tribe

"OHHHH- The Goddess's Mother!" Tribemen and women all around are falling, and kneeling around.

"Ha! It's you!" A very injured and scarred heyna man, jumped from the shades. "Masala! You have killed my auntie!" He giggled. He thrown toward Masala a strange weapon
    "In the name of Fenrir!" he laughed with rage.
    Spoiler: BGM
    Show

In the flash of an eye, Tigra drew her weapon, the Buster Scissors - which, though she did not realize it, looked like the bastard child of Cloud Strife's Buster Sword from Final Fantasy 7 and Sundowner's Bloodlust from Metal Gear Rising. She slammed the oversized (and rather stupid) weapon into the ground, unleashing a small explosion of blue energy that deflected the incoming projectile - the best of her attempts so far to replicate the Kamehameha Wave.

"Yeah! You got a problem with that?" she challenged the hyena man.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

[Sccisor Clan Village

The heyna man stared with shock, while the sccisor clan chanted :"the champion of the goddess!"

The heyna man gulped. "Well, I wanted to kill her myself!" he laughed in apolegetic way.

[Vodkana]

"As...asylum?" Vodkana has asked, very tempted. She paused. "Nya.. thanks, but I still got a work to do...." then she smiled deviously:"Actually, I was planning checking males of your specie. Nyahaha!" she laughed

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Ackon Cahuak
    "Oh my Me. Starlight, go do whatever it is you need to do before Vodkana says more things that starts reminding me of really bad literature penned by people on the internet! and yes very concerning, all the more reason for you to hurry up."
    She read those fan-fics. She had no intention of playing them out in reality.

Scissors Tribe
    Masala extends an arm, catches the weird weapon and brings it down to look at it
    "What weird weapon is this?"
    "I don't know, its a mambele and its an African weapon."
    Masala blinks and looks at 22 quizzically.
    "....But if you don't know, why did you speak as if you do? And whats an Africa?"
    "The answer to that question Masala....is Muffin Button. The real question is, why do know that I shouldn't?"
    "No the real question is which question you were answering with "Muffin Button", did you mean the knowledge one or the Africa one?"
    "Both are dependent upon your point of view."
    "I thought Africa was a continent, how is that dependent on your point of view?"
    "But you just asked what it was, so how do you know that its a continent?"
    "I don't know, I THINK its a continent."
    "Exactly, therefore its dependent on your point of view whether I know or not. And point of view is that I'm your mother and there am always right about everything from your point of view, therefore by your own point of view, your wrong."
    Masala opens her mouth and realizes, then stomps her foot childishly.
    "Your right!!! I can never beat you at debates like this!"
    This is what happens when Android 23 is not around these two to ground them: their thoughts fly into the air and get carried away by the wind and off into clouds full of cuckoos and nothing they start saying really makes sense from the point of someone who lives in reality.
    "Anyways can I keep what we think is a Mambele?"
    "Only if you can figure out how to responsibly wield it without harming innocents."
    "Yay! Same rules as always!"
    "But I have to ask: what is this Fenrir you speak of and why did you kill their aunt, young lady?"
    She sternly speaks to Masala while looking cross. Masala looks nervous under her gaze.
    "Oh....um...Y'see.....I thought Fenrir was this bad guy I had to beat up, an I went beat up aaaaaall his armies, then I had to go fight him himself, and it turned out that he had half-human children that he loved and that their Mommy was really naughty and bad who sold out her children and her husband Fenrir just for money and being the mayors wife, thus making Fenrir hate humans because of it. So I rolled up all his armies into a ball and stopped them from attacking while reuniting his family! Then I threw his wife on a deserted island for ten years as punishment for nearly causing Fenrir to conquer a bunch of places like an evil tyrant, when all he needed was just to have his children back again!"
    Android 22 blinks at this explanation. She thinks on this. The hyena did attack the majin claiming to be her daughter, and her claimed daughter did seem to be trying her best to be good. So she walks up to the hyena man and says
    "Sorry, but given that you just attacked her out of revenge, trying to kill her, and that she is apparently my daughter and is trying to be a good hero as best she can um....I'm new at this, but I think I'm supposed to be partial towards her, when it comes to things like this? So.....uh..."
    "Tigra." Masala supplies.
    "...Tigra....do you want to take care of him....or should I?"
    Just a warning: if Android 22 takes care of it, her "fight" with him will be very Saitama-esque. If you know what I mean.