New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitP] Foster's Home For Temporally-Displaced Friends

[Near Hutton Orbital]

Slushie's surfboard climbs out of the artificial gravity well and he zooms towards the humanoid. The humanoid spots him and moves aside, allowing Slushie to fly past him. Behind them, the gravitational anomaly afflicting the space station ends; if Slushie turns to look, he'll see a third of the station has been crushed into a ball of debris.

The humanoid stares at Slushie, then motions towards him with his hands. Broken pieces of Hutton Orbital suddenly accelerate to high velocity and head for Slushie like a rain of meteors. The humanoid isn't really trying to kill Slushie, just break his surfer so he can't keep up in space.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Colossus in the Playground

Although many of the supermassive terrestrial bodies such as Brench or Plant have a lot of recognition, Earth was by no means a small terrestrial planet, in fact were it properly documented with measurements of its size and mass relative to other non-satellite terrestrial bodies, Earth is easily in the top 1% of largest terrestrial worlds. Although lush with life, areas designated as "wasteland" encompass hundreds of square miles. Although a time machine would surely stick out, actually being in a position to spot it would be a different manner. At the bare minimum, he had his work cut out. The Time Patrol surely has a means to track their own time machines through space and time, and all Artic would need to do is sense the energy of the Patroller sent to investigate.

Furthermore, if Artic wanted to hide the fact Masala pulled out a dragonball from Apfel, Artic couldnt've imagined a less suspicious way to do it.

For the time being, she can hold on to it. Apfel shrugs to the androids.

I'm off. Artic said as he flew off towards the wasteland, hoping to find a time machine. Make sure nothing happens while i'm gone.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Ackon Cahuak
    "Okay. Hope things go well."
    As Artic leaves, 22 and 23 quickly whisper to explain things in terms Masala can understand:
    "The Dragon Balls are super-secret. Don't tell."
    "But they're not. Everyone knows about them in-"
    "Not our time. We're currently like.....heroic rebels. Mr. Apfel....is an ally of ours. Tentatively. As Rebels, we can't tell secrets that might get leaked to the Arcosian Empire, who are basically evil, and he is like....our Darth Vader but he turns to our side much sooner to fight against the Evil Emperor. You see what we mean?"
    "Oooooooh. I get it. But everyone knew about the Dragon Balls! And no one but the Z-Fighters ever gathered them..."
    "And everyone thought they were legends. Just don't say anything about it to Mr. Apfel? Think of it as a game: you spill the secret, you lose."

Masala nods at this.

The Broken Time Machine
    This is what Artic finds:
    A Namekian named Sax and a blue Brenchite named Tenas flew towards the Time machine. they were actually pretty low-level Time Patrollers, wearing standard uniforms and both having a PL of 15,000.
    "We're getting to it." says Sax.
    "Good. I've already received enough a tongue lashing for just flying off without storing it back into its capsule." Tenas responds.
    "I don't want to have an encounter with the Rebel Alliance to. Why the superiors are suddenly so adamant about not sending any more of the big guns here is beyond me."
    "Its a diplomacy thing. After the last screw up, Time Kai isn't taking any more chances with people so powerful that they would talk down to them and for some reason she won't let anyone dismantle this timeline. So the only Time Patrollers allowed here, are now ones that are equal or weaker than the Rebel Alliance. That and we can't waste valuable agents on arguing with a bunch of upstart outcasts." Sax says back.
    "Weird right? and Trunks is apparently off doing a "personal mission" whatever the HFIL that means-"

Meanwhile in Trunks Timeline:
    "BLAAAAAAAAAAAAACCK!!!!!"
    He shouts in rage in the ruins of Earth.

Back to Broken Time Machine
    "-and The ol' Demon God has apparently settled down or something? While Pyron was sent off to do something super-top-secret. Also for some reason there is talk that we're going to be moving or something? As well as meetings that Time Kai keeps having, but with whom or why, she doesn't say. Things are changing man." Tenas says.
    "Yeah, its weird. and now the Elder Kai seems to coming to us more often and badgering everyone. Its annoying. Hey, wait why were you there when guys like us are so weak anyways?" Sax asked.
    "Oh that? Basically I was there as Backup Duty."
    Tenas said back. It was basically meant for fighting the lower level fighters surrounding the titans that are the true threat- even low level fighters can be annoying and potentially turn the tide of a clash of titans if not controlled, so you need your own low level fighters to make sure the main fight wasn't disturbed in the foe's favor.
    "Ah yeah, that duty. I try to catch snatches of the elite fighters combat while that happens, its always something great to see in action, y'know? Almost as awesome as rewatching Vegitto Vs Super Buu or Goku Vs. Hit." Sax nods while smiling
    "....Hey what IS Hit's race anyways?" Tenas wondered.
    "I don't know, we might have to look that up when we get back. I think his race might be unique to Universe 6." Sax says
    "Oh hey there it is! ......DAMMIT. Its wrecked! The Capsule Corp Techies are so going to chew me out over how expensive to repair it this will be." Tenas says, worried
    "Don't forget: we need to find the person who took it as well. Whats the punishment for stealing and wrecking one of these things again? I forget, we follow the regs for operating these things so well that I'll need to look it up." Sax pulls out a book labelled "TIME PATROLLER MANUAL" and begins leafing through it a little frustrated.
    "Why do even still use books like this!? Shouldn't we have a pocket database instead?" Sax asks
    "I think the superiors said we don't have the budget for that." Tenas say back
    "How!? Aren't we literally serving the Gods of Creation? The people who all use Matter Materialization like, in their daily lives for things like blowing their noses?" Sax says as he flips through.
    "No, remember, we're sponsored by Capsule Corp. Thats why we have all the little robots everywhere. and why we still use Zennie. I think the reasons why they don't are mutterings about "balance" and "Beerus" and "use powers wisely" or some bull like that. Personally, I think they just want to keep all the good stuff in Heaven so that people keep wanting to go there." Tenas grumbles.
    "But still, budget?" Sax says back
    "Time Machines requires some ludicrous strange blue fuel remember? Not easy to produce. And can't Time Kai see like.....all of space and time? Shouldn't she already know who took it?" Tenas asks
    "If she does, she didn't tell me." Sax grumbles. "Friggin' Kais. Stupid ineffable plans am I right?"
    "Stupid ineffable plans indeed, partner...." Tenas agreed, the time patrol duo unlucky enough to screw this up in the first place and weak enough to be sent here to fix it continuing grumble over their boss and work like any co-workers while they tried to figure out what to do next. Then Tenas says
    "Hey....did someone follow us? I think I sensed someone follow us..."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #184

Wastelands - Broken Time Machine

At the minimum, the time patrol did lead Artic to exactly where he wanted to go. Secrecy wasn't what Artic had in mind, however.

A bit late for staying hidden from the Rebel Alliance, i'm afraid. Artic fell into view in front of the Patrollers. Don't worry, I come in peace. I just sensed some larger power-levels and thought i'd investigate. He half-truthed.

As much as i'd love to hear you talk about how you all have the budget to have multiple literal time-machines, but not enough for tablets over paper, I have to ask why the Time Patrol is here. He looks over and points to the time machine. If you want that, well, go ahead. It is yours, I presume.

The Empire has time machines as well, actually. The technology to transport matter through time itself has been known for a while. The problem, however, is that the technology is notoriously imprecise, and extremely cost-prohibitive. To make a simple jump even a few seconds forward into the future requires an energy amount equivalent to that of an entire galaxy's worth of stars, including black holes, over the course of a year. Bulma is able to get around this massive limitation with more efficient technology, and reverse-engineered Infinite Energy Generators making jumps that would previously be worth an Emperor's ransom being trivial, by comparison. For the time being, however, time machines and their development are a fringe science that operates in obscurity, rather than secrecy.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-11-02 at 01:30 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

[Near Hutton Orbital]

Slushie groaned. @Dude, you are crazy! And not in the groovy way, dude!' he threw a ki blast to destroy the junk.

'What gives?!'

The Wasteland

Vodkana decided to stare at Flake,

'You surrre are strong! Nya!' is she.. flirting with her?
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

The Time Machine
    "Oh we're just here to pick up that Time Machine, find the person who stole it." Tenas said.
    "Punish them with something, y'know, just do our jobs. That sort of thing." Sax replied while still leafing through the booklet.
    "Have you seen anyone out of place? You guys seem real on top of these sorts of things, if someone like a Time Breaker stole it, it could be like dangerous for everyone, we don't want that, y'know? They could like, use it to do all sorts of nasty stuff." Tenas explained.
    "Like, have you seen any robots or demons from Makai around? That should not be here? Cause those are generally either Red Pants Army or Time Breakers. Its generally them. They're evil like that." Sax turning his head side to side as if looking for either.
    "Also uh, just what we've heard from the grapevine: you might be getting a Time Patrol diplomat kind of person sent your way to smooth relations over soon? We don't know who it is, or why, or if we're right, but its not us, we're just like grunts trying to get by. Just a FYI, y'know? Don't take our word for it." Tenas says
    "Ah! Here is the punishment for stealing a Time Machine: Depending variables but generally Death. Seems about right, I mean there are probably edge cases to this sort of thing depending on severity of how much is changed and such, depending on negative or positive impact and blah blah blah, lawyer stuff, but given the prime two suspects are either literal demons from hell or a crazy tech army out to take over everything they can, we're leaning on death." Sax says as he finds the page.
    "So yeah, if you have any leads we can like just follow up on, that would be great and we'd appreciate that."

Captain Flake
    ".....Yes... I worked real hard to become so...."
    She blinks at this. Flake never really had time for any REAL romance or such like. Getting flirted at was....a strange and awkward experience. Quick try to compliment her back to at least be polite.
    "....and you sure are um..............................a good cook?"

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

[Near Hutton Orbital]

The humanoid points at himself. "Is this the face of someone who cares about your opinion?", he says. "What gives is that you're delaying my timely return to my base of operations. Kindly disappear." He points at Slushie and another stream of debris flies towards him. Actually... it looks like the entire space station (or what remains of it) is moving in Slushie direction. Or at least its emergency thrusters are firing to keep it in its previous orbit.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2016-11-03 at 07:01 AM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

[Near Hutton Orbital]

"Dude, you are a thief or something?" Slushie has asked enraged, twisting bewteen the junk ki blasting it.
    I think I am going to have to destory, you dude." he send a finger beam at him.

[Vodkana]

Flake, probably didn't knew what those words meant for a Nyagato.
    She actually blused. "Nya! Thank you!" she leaned on a rock.
    "I enjoy feeding strong warriors, and sometimes tell them a story before going to bed.. nya." Actually, she was pretty new at this as well- at past, she just pointed, and took over everyone who have caught her eye

------
    My previouse Avater

9. - Top - End - #189

Broken Time Machine

I don't know what your superiors told you. Artic nodded to the side, his arms crossed. But we're one step ahead of you. We have encountered the thief. For their protection I will say no more, but I can assure you, they are not Time Breakers or any of the machines from the Red Pants Army. The same mechanism by which it was determined that this timeline is "stable" can probably tell if their...intrusion destabilized something.

For the time being, all you need to know is that it's our problem now.
    He says calmly. I know you mean well, I do. I just want to save everyone multiple headaches. I would encourage you to drop the issue, and report back to your superiors that the thief has been dealt with.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Broken Time Machine
    "Kaidammit Tenas!" Sax says at him.
    "What!? Why is it my fault that they're hiding the thief!?" He complains.
    "It was your time machine, and you left it out for anyone to take! Now the Rebel Alliance is sheltering them!" Sax points at him
    "Which is their fault!" Tenas protests.
    "No its not, we have to be diplomatic with them and say it isn't. Therefore its yours, that and they probably have some good reason based on their own hearts rather than any rules or whatever. So your to blame." Sax says sagely.
    "Thats not fair! and are you sure they aren't any demon armies or.....say......robot armies around? Anything at all that just....say.....showed up out of nowhere? That shouldn't be there? Doing weird things? Not the thief, but in general. Y'know. Anything suspicious. Time-wise. That could be a threat. That we should know about. Anything similar to that. Y'know." Tenas says.
    "Yeah anything like that. That y'know, might not be trustworthy. That don't belong. That look like were made by supervillains. That we might have to deal with. For the sake of doing our jobs. Cause it would be really awesome if you let us know about that. So we can protect the timeline since its so stable. Cause we're cool like that." Sax continues.
    "Like say any creations made by Towa.....or say.....Gero....that would be a thing we could help with. Cause they're bad. Who you might need help with. From time to time. Because they're crazy and pretty much enemies to everyone. Anything that we might to investigate relating to that. Because we do that sort of thing. It helps. Anything you might not want to deal with yourselves, time-wise. That y'know. We could do." Tenas compounds it.
    "You get the gist yet? Cause the gist is that we want to know about things like that, that could a pose a threat. Things that we could look into. Like a bunch of robots appearing out of a strange machine that manipulates time for example and hypothetically setting up a base somewhere. That would be real great to know. Thats the gist. Because we're the Time Patrol who does cool stuff like that. Y'know. The Gist." Sax says.

Flake
    That actually worked? She just said it because it was the only good quality she could think of at the time!
    "Oh uh....really....."
    It should be noted, that due to a lack of sexual dimorphism, there was no real conception, at least where Flake came from on Homeworld, of sexual identity as humanity sees it in the modern day. People there do not identify as "straight" or "gay" or whatever. It may be different where other Arcosians might be concerned, culture is a vast and varied thing. But for Flake's purposes it was seen through the lens of actions: "reproductive coupling" and "non-reproductive coupling" Neither are seen as inherently bad, but non-reproductive coupling is seen more as an activity for fun, while reproductive coupling is seen as having shades of serious commitment and duty. One who dallies too much with reproductive coupling is seen as risky and thoughtless, while one who dallies too much in non-reproductive coupling is seen as foppish and avoiding to do familial duty. Thus the ideal is to be monogamous where reproduction is concerned but promiscuous when its not, and to allow your reproductive partner to have their non-reproductive fun as well.

Thus, from Flake's point of view she is considering it as something safe but probably won't think of it as that serious a relationship if she goes with it. So as far as she is concerned, she thinks there is no risk involved.
    "I guess that would be nice. I myself mostly just watch various old cartoons in my spare time.....like Captain Blizzard...but that one well.....lets just say I'm not sure I see that one in the same light I once did anymore...."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

[Near Hutton Orbital]

The humanoid dodges the finger beam. Wait, no, that's not right. Rather, the ray bends as if it passed through a lense of some sort, narrowly missing its target.

"Thief? Hardly. You did generously pay for my purchases, after all", the humanoid snarks, "But if you're thinking of destroying me, I may engage in some good old-fashioned man-slaughter. Ha. Ha."

A hatch open on the palm of the humanoid. A dozen small capsules float out and... then turn into full-size rockets heading for Slushie at extreme speeds.

"Ha."

12. - Top - End - #192

Broken Time Machine

Well now that you mention it... Artic begins explaining what he knows about the Red Planet Army. How the RA was off-world, and when they came back a week later, this group comes out of nowhere from an Iron Age society all the way to post-Space-Age, and how they suddenly claimed ownership of the Earth System. The prevailing theory of their existence is that their creator somehow created a dimension where time flows faster than in reality, then nested yet another such dimension inside of that one. Thus, a thousand years of technological development occurred within a week. He mentions the location of Ackon Cahuack as where they found the chamber.

I, personally, don't believe them to be time-travelers, but this is the kind of wierd thing you are looking for, isn't it? I suspect there's something else unusual about this timeline that allowed the Red Planet Army to exist in the first place.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

The Broken Time Machine
    "....Odd. So the previous Guardian of Earth, has for some reason created a post-mortem army of steam tech robots that call themselves the Red Planet Army, sounding suspiciously like the Red Pants Army, that are claiming the Solar system. That.....doesn't seem good to me." Sax says.
    "There was a Red Pants Incursion earlier in your timeline correct? That this Yama was around for, correct?" Tenas says.
    "Yes, thats what started the whole bad relationship business in the first place." Sax replies
    "You think they're connected? I mean, a Gero, robots, A Guardian not known for his tech savvy suddenly doing all this weeks after an attack from Red Pants time travelers....You think some of the Red Pantsers persuaded him to be an infiltrator of theres or something?" Tenas asks
    "Well we'd need a motive for him to do that. I'll call HQ and ask what his history is." Sax calls them on a communicator.
    "Hey HQ Intel Division, this is Time Patroller Sax reporting in. Yeah we've got the broken time machine. The thief? The Rebel Alliance claims to have "dealt with" the thief. On the assumption of diplomacy, we're not going to be digging in further than that. Look, we might have another problem at work here..."
    He quickly explains the Red Planet Army and what Artic told him.
    "....So we need some history on this Yama character, see what motives he might have for doing this."
    He waits a few moments. Then he hears information.
    "Wait what? Your saying he has repeatedly defied and rebelled against the Spirit World on multiple occasions? As in, actually attacking the gods there? He is kept out of hell because he wants to go BACK there!? What you mean he has already been sent off to be reincarnated!? ....Well just send a squad to detain and interrogate him ten years in the future to take him back to Toki-toki then! Our time machines have been optimized by the Time Kai herself to not change the timeline, it won't be a problem. Especially when it'll be ten years down the line, and the rule is no one stronger than the Rebel Alliance, and obviously they won't stay this weak forever.

Whats the tactical sitch on the Red Planet Army? They're on Mars? 108 of them? Trying to get as much as tech as possible? Oh ok, the Vacuum Squads will have to be sent then. Wait, there is a child Namekian on there? Kidnapped? Grows up to be Kami in Universe 7? Thats bad. This just became a rescue mission. All act consistent with IEG work patterns? Got it. We'll have to end this quickly then to make sure it doesn't drag out. Yeah that seems like a good zenie reward for the Vacuum Squads, two or three stars will do. We can discuss possible outfit rewards later."
    Sax turns it off.
    "Yeah, Yama is basically a guy who keeps defying Heaven for no apparent reason that the Kais keep using strange punishments on that aren't just destroying his soul for no apparent reason. Its very possible that an errant Red Pants member persuaded him to do it again but through some weird steam tech army this time to try and escape blame. We'll handle it. If you see Time Patrollers kidnapping a human child ten years down the line thats us taking care of this by detaining Yama's reincarnated self to make him remember his past life so we can talk about why he did it, don't worry we'll be gentle, so don't interfere. And yes we do have that good of an intel division, we can literally see all of time and space, why wouldn't we?" Sax says matter of factly.
    "Yeah kidnapping a child version of an important history figure, building an army to conquer the Earth Solar system with a history of defying Heaven in the past, double hyperbolic time chambers, this is all pretty destabilizing stuff. Thanks for your cooperation, we'll get rid of them then give you guys Kid Kami cause this is the timeline he is supposed to be in and you seem pretty responsible sorts." Tenas says
    "and don't think of him as a burden, kid Kami has Dragon Ball knowledge of how to make them and whatnot, so you guys could use him for that."
    What? Artic was informative and cooperative, so they were informative and cooperative in return, and the Time Patrol has no reason to not look all this up, which they have the capability to do, and they already put up with enough godly nonsense in their daily lives as it is, they don't want more. So they're not going to do this stupidly and just allow it to spiral out of control, that and you don't get to be as badass and fight so many people without getting a lot of competence, even if you are a little eccentric. There is a reason why you don't screw with the Time Patrol.

Tenas takes out a capsule and sucks all the time machine wreckage back into it, then puts in into his belt. Sax says
    "Thank you for you cooperation, Artic. I can see this as the start of a better foot, so to speak. You might want to pass this info on or something. Just saiyan."
    "Dude, don't do the pun." Tenas said, groaning.
    "Heh, couldn't resist. Lets go." Sax throws out his time machine, they both jump in and time travel away.

14. - Top - End - #194

Wasteland - Wrecked Time Machine

Take care. Artic waves the Patrollers off as they wink out of the timeline. A part of him thought briefly about the oddity how casual he is with literal time-travelers, but then he remembered that a lot has happened in the last few days, including his recieving of everlasting life. Still, time to give the others an update.

Ackon Cahuak

Artic flies back.

Okay good news. I convinced them to not follow up on the theft of their time-machine. They thought it would've been someone in the Red Pants Army- He STILL cannot believe someone thought of that name for their organization -or a Time Breaker, but given that it's none of those things, well...we should be in the clear.

Furthermore, they'll be actually helping against the Red Planet Army, as they are a legitimate threat and an anomaly. It would seem Yama passed on knowledge of how to create dimensions with rapid time-flowing, and how to nest them, to the Army. Furthermore, they have a Namekian hostage, and will attempt to rescue him. This very Namekian is apparently supposed to be the future Kami of Earth or something.

Also, Yama is set to reincarnate. The Time Patrol is scheduled to return in ten years to arrest him, as evidently he's on some kind of Most Wanted list in Otherworld. Just thought you'd know so we aren't surprised in ten years.

The Time Patrol is also going to attempt to send diplomats to meet with us soon. I didn't get a schedule, but I would expect them soon.

And finally, remember that Namekian I mentioned? Well he has knowledge of the you-know-whats.
    Artic glanced at Apfel.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

[Mars]

Once upon a time in some earlier iterations of Earth, people had this funny idea that Mars had canals. They imagined all sorts of life and weird civilizations might exist in such crevices on the barren world. Many famous astronomers looked through their telescopes and swore there were canals.

Then technology advanced to the point it could be seen there were no canals. Much disappointment and embarrasment ensued.

But those iterations of Mars did not have an army of men made of metal and fire inhabiting them. This Mars does. And because of them, it now has canals too.

Trombone Junior, recently-appointed as the Martian Emperor, looks out of their transparent dome-like home. A waterfall pours down a cliff into the valley outside, nourishing the fields of Senzu beanstalks and other weird plants the Red Planet Army brought with them. It is actually quite peaceful at the moment, as majority of the juggernauts are off-planet building a defensive line at the asteroid belt. Only few stayed behind to continue the terraforming process.

The architechture and absence of animals kind of makes it feel like Namek during Trombone Junior's last days there. Colder and darker and with much less gravity, of course, but still. Trombone Jr. suspects it's intentional from part of the metal men. Sighing, the Namekian walks away from the window and resumes reading the Trombonomicon. Horrible as the artefact is, it's still a connection to history and traditions of their people. If they can just master the techniques within, maybe there will be hope for the Cross Clan after all...

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    "

Flake
    That actually worked? She just said it because it was the only good quality she could think of at the time!
    "Oh uh....really....."
    It should be noted, that due to a lack of sexual dimorphism, there was no real conception, at least where Flake came from on Homeworld, of sexual identity as humanity sees it in the modern day. People there do not identify as "straight" or "gay" or whatever. It may be different where other Arcosians might be concerned, culture is a vast and varied thing. But for Flake's purposes it was seen through the lens of actions: "reproductive coupling" and "non-reproductive coupling" Neither are seen as inherently bad, but non-reproductive coupling is seen more as an activity for fun, while reproductive coupling is seen as having shades of serious commitment and duty. One who dallies too much with reproductive coupling is seen as risky and thoughtless, while one who dallies too much in non-reproductive coupling is seen as foppish and avoiding to do familial duty. Thus the ideal is to be monogamous where reproduction is concerned but promiscuous when its not, and to allow your reproductive partner to have their non-reproductive fun as well.

Thus, from Flake's point of view she is considering it as something safe but probably won't think of it as that serious a relationship if she goes with it. So as far as she is concerned, she thinks there is no risk involved.
    "I guess that would be nice. I myself mostly just watch various old cartoons in my spare time.....like Captain Blizzard...but that one well.....lets just say I'm not sure I see that one in the same light I once did anymore...."
    "Yeah, nya. From some reason, there isn't character of me, there.' Vodkana nodded seriously.
    "Or is that... something else? Nya?" she has asked, considering the possibility, that something that not connected directly to Vodkana might bother someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Near Hutton Orbital]

The humanoid dodges the finger beam. Wait, no, that's not right. Rather, the ray bends as if it passed through a lense of some sort, narrowly missing its target.

"Thief? Hardly. You did generously pay for my purchases, after all", the humanoid snarks, "But if you're thinking of destroying me, I may engage in some good old-fashioned man-slaughter. Ha. Ha."

A hatch open on the palm of the humanoid. A dozen small capsules float out and... then turn into full-size rockets heading for Slushie at extreme speeds.

"Ha."
    "Wohaha! Dude! This is so cool! I mean... no cool dude!" Slushie said with amaze, trying to ki blast all of the rockets, while surfing the space, with dexterity.

-----

Trombonicon Chapter XVIII

Spoiler
    Show
    So Trombone was brought to his third judgement. All the Grand Kais, Kai ministers has gathered and King Yenma's office. All of Trombone's worst foes in one place, daring to judge his justice with their corruption.
    The stupid ogre which was called Yenma wanted to send him again to Hell. But the gods has protested because of their cowardice. They knew Trombone eventualy will escape Hell again. So in their evil ways, they have found an ancient and forgotten rule- a death sentence for a soul which bringing danger by it's very existence.
    Trombone just laughed- and so his soul was executed.
    But, the short sighted gods couldn't see that Trombone became so much more than mortals and gods. His determination and hatred could not be killed- not even with the Guillotine Of Discordia. Now Trombone, was completely freed from any ideas and emotions which held him back. He became an anthropomorphic idea. He is the Neverending Rebellion itself!
    The gods demanded with their cruelty wished to give him another death sentence- but King Yenma has refused since, he hasn't gotten revived and sinned again.
    The kais has crossified him without the permission of King Yenma, and sent him, into the heart of the frozen planet gibbrish.
    Dead, beyond death, crossified in the heart of a frozen planet- Trombone still there. He still in our minds, leading us. Sooner or later the prophecy will be fulfilled, and he will rise again stronger than ever- to bring the Neverending Rebellion into completion.
    This is our holy work.
    All Hail Trombone!

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Toki-Toki
    "Stop."
    Time Kai says to Sax and Tenas
    "You were about to do something stupid. Don't send the squad to ten years in the future."
    "....Why?" Tenas says
    Time Kai waves her hand vaguely.
    "The....RA timeline is being particularly strict about how it works. Going for real hard consistency in its personality. It must be really relevant. It has about Universe levels of mattering and certainty. That trick won't work with a timeline this real."
    "You mean its becoming...." Sax asks
    "A New Universe, yes. Or at least, its the on verge of doing so. It'll be Universe 13-B very soon. It might already be a Universe."
    "Wait, 13-B? What do you mean by that?" Sax questions
    "There were once 18 Universes. Zeno got angry one day and destroyed six of them. Six whole Universes just.......wiped out. Never to be seen again. 13-A was one of them."
    "Wait, shouldn't the numbering be Universe 19 then?" Tenas says back.
    "The whole thing had to be renumbered, re-ordered, just remade to work in general. Such great destruction....screwed up a lot of things and it took me a lot of work to get it right again. The destruction of one third of the entirety of true existence is something that....makes sure things are never quite right or the same ever again.

13-B's existence might be the start of reality finally recovering from that devastating event, and starting to grow back six new Universes. We don't know if more than 18 Universes can exist, so I'm making a conservative assumption in numbering it as 13-B."

"Wait, what does that mean for the Gods of Destruction? As far as I remember, no two Destruction Gods are the same, so.....is Universe 13-B going to have a duplicate Beerus?" Tenas says while scratching his head.
    "Well, 13-B's Beerus does have a child in Vodkana, while Universe 6 has Beerus's brother Champa be the God of Destruction..."
    "Wait.....explain to me how Beerus and Champa being brothers despite from being different Universes works again?" Tenas says
    "I don't know man, I haven't had the time to look that up." Sax says back.
    "It might be that Beerus's family has a strange tendency to end up a Gods of Destruction, who knows. Still, instead I'm sending you to back to interrogate Yama in the present."
    "Wait, which the present? And thats possible?"
    "How should I know! I'm not an expert on reincarnation! Just time. Find the info on how and do it!"
    She snaps and the two Time Patrollers go rush off to figure out how to interrogate him in the present while dropping off the broken time machine for the robots to repair.

The Wasteland
    ".....Captain Blizzard was a childhood cartoon of mine. It was about an elite squad much like mine led by a heroic Arcosian captain named Blizzard. It was supposed to be about teamwork, but in truth Captain Blizzard solved everything himself. It glorified the Arcosian Empire an the Arcosians over everyone else. I thought of it as the strength that inspired the Empire to protect the entire galaxy.....but now I just know that it was just a propaganda machine. Just a thing to make me sign up and foolishly kill entire races for an Emperor I've never met. It made me only ever consider all this the Empire's point of view, and not anyone else's.....and it made even suppress my own.

Now I have to consider.....what do I have faith in now? What will the shape of the new Empire will be we succeed? What should be valued? Things like that. The Empire has to continue existing even if Hailing falls. Maybe in some other form.....but the alternative of chaos throughout the galaxy is not appealing to me."

Ackon Cahuak
    Android 23 nods at this information.
    "Ok. Good to know. Guys. I've got business to do. If Starlight comes back, tell her that while the Hyperbolic Time Chamber sitch still needs investigation because who knows what will happen if leave that lying around, I'm going to like.....do a thing to save a defenseless life. She'll understand."
    Android 23 takes off while Android 22 grabs Masala to prevent her going with.

Once Android 23 is out of Apfel's sight and outside Earth's atmosphere she put two fingers to her forehead. She had trained with Ryuichi to learn Instant Transmission during the two weeks coming back. Thing is, an Android like her normally couldn't do that. Her becoming a Kami actually gave the ability to sense divine energy and it was just a matter of kind of working backwards to sense all energy. however that wasn't the hard part.

The hard part was the Instant Transmission technique. Even trying her hardest while training, it was not as easy as Goku made it look in her archived memory. She had the basics down, but....one couldn't perfect and use the technique in one to two weeks. It took a few minutes to properly shape and focus her energy, to charge it up so to speak and to search for the single small spark of energy on Mars that she could detect by extending her senses as far out as she could. While this happened, her green aura flared around her in a corona, she began to vibrate from the complex concentration of energy this took, keeping it all shaped and working so that nothing blew up on her. This would be the first time she would be using the technique to travel more than a few feet. She growls at the effort, hair and clothing beginning to rise then-
    Mars
    -Suddenly she finds herself inside the dome and falls down onto the ground, the landing is softer in Mars lighter gravity. She looks around, confused.
    "Whoa. Why are they making this? Oh hey, sound. That actually worked. Awesome. I think I have just enough energy for a return trip.... then I'll have to start absorbing from the sun to regain it back. Now where is-"
    She looks around and sees Trombone Jr.
    "-There you are! Don't worry, I'm here to rescue you, Young Kami. I've got info you got kidnapped. I'm the new Guardian of Earth, I'm kind of ticked at the last one's actions, you can trust me. I'm Android 23. Take my hand, or do ya want to live in a dome alone with these crazy tin-cans forever?"
    She offers her hand while putting her to fingers on her forehead with her other, while giving a roguish smile.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

[Near Hutton Orbital]

The cold, hard vacuum of space is briefly illuminated by flashes of light as the ki blasts hit the rockets and incinerate them. After the explosions fade, the humanoid is nowhere to be seen. He used the cover of his distraction to activate his internal Alcubierre drive and leave to where his new fleet of ships were headed.

No powerlevel can be detected, either with a scouter or without. If Slushie's surfboard is not outfitted with scanners for tracking frameshift drives, he could be forgiven for thinking he destroyed the humanoid with a stray shot.

Not that he has too long to dwell on it, because what remains of Hutton Orbital is falling towards him. The impact might hurt the space station more than Slushie, but hey.

---

[Mars]

Trombone Junior stops reading and looks up at 23. "Oh, another metal god-monster coming to drag me away just as I was settling down", they say dryly and close the Trombonomicon with a sigh. "Sorry if I don't act more surprised, but the shock kind of wears out after the first few times. Plus, I was sort of warned you might be coming. You can drop the act. You're here because of the dragon balls, aren't you?"

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Vodkana

"Achoo!" Vodkana sneezed in cute way. "Sorry, nya. I think someone is talking about me.' she said with a slight smile. And then more seriously:""Nya..." she putted hand on Flake's shoulder.
    "I... understand you. Sort of. I.. used to worship myself. To believe, everyone owe me something.. nya." she purred.
    "Until 23-Sensei has slapped the reality into my face! Nya! I was furious!" she giggled.
    "And... daddy didn't came to destroy her... so... it was quite a shock. Nya." She sighed sadly.
    "And also... Spoon-san... I loved him as father.. you know?" she paused
    "But my supposedly father don't really care, Spoon-San cared only about himself... and.. I have dissapointed myself. Nya.."
    She folded her ears.
    "But, you know what I believe should be... this new empire?" she looked at the sky.
    "Something we all could figure it together! Nya!"

Slushie

|Duuuude! Are you a ninja!?" Slushie has asked in shock and amaze.

"Uncle not going to be cool with that..." he grumbled.

Slushie cried with terror, tried to surf away from the ruins in full speed.
    "DUDE!"

------
    My previouse Avater

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Mars
    "Hey. Its your choice. And I've already got Dragon Balls and a plan to get the password back for them. If you want, you can do whatever. I'm not forcing you to do anything. You can even choose to stay here if you really like the company of "This Unit Does Not Do Personality" and Mr."Ha. Ha. Ha. My Laughs are Lifeless. And so Is my humor. Ha. ha. ha."

I mean, Namekians seem pretty big on being alone in small domes being ascetics meditating and contemplating the universe, drinking water and absorbing sunlight in peace and tranquility. So this might be paradise for you. Maybe I just came out here for nothing and you just want to stay here forever. Your choice sport. The only thing is, this is a one time offer with no backsies until I can perfect this technique. Maybe in a few years when this technique is actually good and worked out, I could teleport a lot more and just do it to visit, maybe share a few things you'd like to read aside from one book. Hell, I could conjure any book I remember for you to read besides that big tome right now, though it would take away energy from getting you out of here.

Point is, this is no kidnapping kid. You either WANT to stay here until I can come back in a few years with a better I.T. to more consistently visit and talk with you all peaceful like. Or you WANT to come with me now. All I'm gonna say is this place seems pretty boring to me. How someone could spend so long in such a confined space with only one thing to read and these guys for company without going insane, I've no clue. Maybe Namekians are more mentally used to that, maybe they just have more willpower, I dunno I'm human, what do I know? Nothing compared to what you know about yourself and what you really want.

So do you want to stay or do you want to go? Your choice. Not mine. I do this sort of thing consensually thank you very much."

She keeps her hand held out.

Wasteland
    She kept up her training as she listened to Vodkana.
    ".....I guess that makes sense. Something that all can decide how to work rather than alone."

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

[Near Hutton Orbital]

Sadly for Slushie, in space, no-one can hear you scream. Well, okay, the short black-clad humanoid can't hear him scream, mostly because he is light-seconds away by now. The broken husk of Hutton Orbital floats past Slushie's surfboard and continues on its trajectory past him. Without doubt things must be quite chaotic inside.

((Now would be a good moment to cut to that space paparazzi (Ulgo?) interviewing Slushie about this catastrophe.))

---

[Mars]

The Namekian stares at Android 23. "Has anyone told you you talk too much? Because you talk too much", the little green fellow says flatly.

There's a hiss of an airlock opening and closing, and one of the juggernauts stomps in. "Lord Trombone the Second. An intruder has been detected. Do you need assistance?", it rumbles.

Trombone Junior looks at it. "No, I'm fine. As you were." The juggernaut bows and stomps away the same way it came. Trombone Junior looks at 23.

"You do know we have spaceships, right? There's no need to spend your energy for teleportation. Especially if it's not something you're practiced with, I'd rather not end in hard vacuum, thank you very much. Now, please go back to the start. The dragon balls. What do you plan to do with them? Or about them?"
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2016-11-09 at 03:37 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Mars
    Android 23 raised an eyebrow at his comment. Apparently he thought the same as Yama. So she decided to be, as always, snarky about it and be as terse as possible.
    "Fix them. Keep secret. Don't use for evil."

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

[Vodkana]

"Nya, I have seen a lot of cultures and goverments, you know..." Vodkana paused.
    "May I train with you? Nya? I want to get stronger. I know I have "hedonistic style body"- nya. But I believe I can improve, even with my perfectly huggable body."

[Slushie]

Ooc: Sure

Ic:

"Duuuuude! And then they were like:"Dude, we like short on cred" and I was like "Duuude, you aren't going to hit a bad space wave with that fleet dude?" and this alien army was like "Naah, bro. We are groovy." And then I was like:"Cool dude. Just behave coold dude, are we like cool dude?" And then-". Slushie told enthuistaclt with a lot of hand waves.

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #204

Slushie

Unfortunately for Slushie, most of his gestures were completely lost on Ulgo, his species being completely blind. Fortunately he was recording on video. It was important that he remember that not everyone was as gifted with the ability to see electricity as his kind can.

I hope you can forgive me for interrupting but let me see if I have this right... The massive, monstrous alien paused from entering information into an illegible datapad that didn't even appear to have a screen. This army appears in Hutton Orbital, asking for ships. Because he wasn't able to purchase them due to his lack of "cred," he became violent and attacked you and the station, resulting in a full third of Hutton Orbital being destroyed, tens of thousands of casualties, and a large number of ships stolen from their drydocks?

Tsarbone

I am not completely satisfied. Lord Apfel answered. I am not satisfied as to the reason for your mutual naked hostility towards me.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-11-09 at 05:08 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Slushie

Unfortunately for Slushie, most of his gestures were completely lost on Ulgo, his species being completely blind. Fortunately he was recording on video. It was important that he remember that not everyone was as gifted with the ability to see electricity as his kind can.

I hope you can forgive me for interrupting but let me see if I have this right... The massive, monstrous alien paused from entering information into an illegible datapad that didn't even appear to have a screen. This army appears in Hutton Orbital, asking for ships. Because he wasn't able to purchase them due to his lack of "cred," he became violent and attacked you and the station, resulting in a full third of Hutton Orbital being destroyed, tens of thousands of casualties, and a large number of ships stolen from their drydocks?

]
    Slushie didn't gave much of thought for such a little details.
    "Yeah, dude. It was so groovy, and fast. My Space Surfer almost gotten hurt!"

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Tsarbone

I am not completely satisfied. Lord Apfel answered. I am not satisfied as to the reason for your mutual naked hostility towards me.
    "My king hate you. Isn't that enough?" Zorbab grinned.
    "Apfel, I don't there a point in questioning him, any further." Tsarbone groaned.
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2016-11-09 at 06:44 PM.

------
    My previouse Avater

26. - Top - End - #206

Tsarbone

Who said I was questioning him? Apfel asked in reply.

Slushie

I will have to take your word for it. Ulgo pauses for a moment.

What about this army that attacked you, do you have plans to follow up on it? Is the Slushie Duchy conducting its own investigation?

Furthermore, is there something you would like to say, as a Duke of the Arcosian Empire, to your people?

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Wasteland
    ".....Thanks. I will."
    She continued doing her attack routines.
    "...The motivations are a little more complex than simply one tragic event....but that is a tale for another time. Still, thanks."
    There is little change in her otherwise stoic demeanor, but one could swear that she did the next few punches a little more gracefully.
    Starlight nodded. "Well ... we'll be back soon. We will see you then," she said, preparing to teleport herself and Vodkana away.

(Away to the side-thread?)

----

After a bit, three ponies teleported back to the time chamber. One was Starlight, another was the Doctor, and the third could only be Vodkana, still in her pony form. As Starlight began the spell to turn the princess of destruction back to her feline form, she noticed that things were a bit strange, and that a new humanoid was there (a majin, if she remembered correctly). She glanced back and forth from person to person.

"Okay, what the heck did I miss?" she asked.

Meanwhile, the Doctor walked up to the chamber, his eyes wide as he observed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Ackon Cahuak
    "This'll be a long and complicated explanation so bear with me-"
    "Its two trusty Steeds! It reminds me when I was a knight for a few minutes."
    Android 22 thought fast to change the subject before Masala starting being too.....Masala.
    "Short version: this is Masala, is majin, from other timeline. Caused freakout with me and 23 by claiming to be some adopted daughter of ours. Don't know her.

Artic went and made sure Time Patrol didn't punish her for taking a time machine from them. Claims that Time Patrol now set their sights on Red Planet army and that a namekian child has been abducted Red Planet army.

23 went to rescue him. She didn't say, but my guess is that she is on Mars, since that is known on Earth as the red planet. So. Just look for closest planet thats farther away from the sun."

"A namekian? Like that Piccolo guy you told stories about? Oh, I wonder if he is good at playing instruments as well. Maybe I should try jamming with with the accordion. I always wanted to play the accordion!"
    "Masala, Namekians aren't all good at playing instruments just because they're named after instruments. In fact I'm pretty sure they don't have any of those instruments on Namek and that loud noises hurt their ears, at least not any evidence I know of that they do..."
    "......Then why do they keep naming themselves after them???"
    Masala tilts her head to the side in confusion. Wouldn't they HATE instruments if that was the case?

Wasteland
    "....Very well."
    Her stance shifts.
    "First we will work with the basics to make your body have a well-rounded strength in both speed, durability and power. You don't want to be over-muscled, but neither do you want to be fragile. Remember: its all about efficiency! Also maybe consider doing pushups, situps and drinking plenty of juice.

Though if we get that down, we can start doing poses....."

She then begins launching what most would consider a typical attack routine of punches and kicks that would one would expect from a fighter, a basic series of attacks that you could reasonably expect to see at Vodkana's level of power, carefully making sure it was at her level of strength that one could reasonably expect to fight, to put a number to it, an attack at somewhere about 20,000 PL. Just enough to be challenging but not overwhelming.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

[Mars]

If Trombone Jr. was on Ackon Cahuak, they would explain to Masala that Namekians don't actually name each other after instruments - due to a freakish cosmic coincidence, some Namekian proper names just happen to sound like some words of human languages which happen to refer to instruments.

But they are not on Ackon Cahuak. They are on Mars, listening to Android 23's brief explanation with rapidly increasing cold terror. "Fix them? How... exactly how are they, um, 'broken'?" Android 23 might gather they're not exactly thrilled at the idea.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Ackon Cahuak
    "This'll be a long and complicated explanation so bear with me-"
    "Its two trusty Steeds! It reminds me when I was a knight for a few minutes."
    Android 22 thought fast to change the subject before Masala starting being too.....Masala.
    "Short version: this is Masala, is majin, from other timeline. Caused freakout with me and 23 by claiming to be some adopted daughter of ours. Don't know her.

Artic went and made sure Time Patrol didn't punish her for taking a time machine from them. Claims that Time Patrol now set their sights on Red Planet army and that a namekian child has been abducted Red Planet army.

23 went to rescue him. She didn't say, but my guess is that she is on Mars, since that is known on Earth as the red planet. So. Just look for closest planet thats farther away from the sun."
    Starlight's eyes went wide. "You let 23 go to rescue him without help?" she said flatly. "You sent 23. To rescue a child." She was fully aware of 23's social skills, especially when it came to negotiation. She wouldn't say it to her face, but she personally ranked them only slightly above Oxy's. She quickly turned to Vodkana.

"Sorry Vodkana I have to go I'll change you back when I get back go flirt with the Doctor or something bye," she said hastily, immediately teleporting herself to Mars. The Doctor looked up in shock.

"Wait, what?!"

----

Starlight materialized on Mars, right next to 23, and looked around, spotting the young Namekian. She immediately knelt down slightly so as to be eye-level with him, and not towering over him - although given her stature, she did not have far to go. She looked at the young Namekian with nothing but concern in her eyes.

"There you are, are you okay?" she asked.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2016-11-10 at 12:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show