New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitP] Foster's Home For Temporally-Displaced Friends

!

Seven Star Inn:

The old man, managing to elbow himself, out of the excited crowd toward the stables- almost get ridden over by a white noble horse, which carried a very heroic man-
    Sir! Martin! Lucifer! The! Magnificent!
    His manly heroic muscles were seen well, due the fact that his harlot mentioned earlier. But he held his golden magical sword.

"Out of my way, old man! I have to get out of here! Fast!"
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #242
    Colossus in the Playground

Tsarbone

Even Hailing is only as strong as those willing to follow him. Apfel muses, pacing across the room. I will not indict Hailing for what he might do, of course. After all, Apfel himself is just as capable. But for the time being, were I in your position, I would be careful. You, and others have been selected as part of a purge, to remove high government officials whose loyalties lie with the Empire and its people rather than Emperor Hailing.

Forgive me, but I must ask again: You mentioned a "Cat" speaking with Zorbab. Do you know any more about this particular individual?

Slushie

Apfel smirked at Slushie's latest update. Unfortunately "Haha dude" is not a good description.

What does the "Haha Dude" look like? He replies.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Little Pony of destruction and cookies

Vodkana breathed with relif, hearing the explanation of 23.
    "Nya! I was scared there, nyahahaha!" she chuckled, and then her pupils shrinked as she felt something wrong going on inside her- Nyagatos never threw up, or had any reason to pull anything from their stomach, through the throat and mouth. Instinctivly, Vodkana locked her jaws.
    Something was trying to get out! It freaked her out, but she remembered what 23 just told her. The only problem was to convince her jaws to loosen the autolock. For a few moments Vodkana struggled, as mini Masala struggled to break lose- Vodkana was dragged up flying, to the sides by a force between her jaws.
    She closed her eyes- despite her bizzare situation, she managed to get into meditation like Starlight taught her- she imagined a big ice cream and... more stuff that is probably illegal to describe. She activated other insincts, opening her mouth to droll and lick herself. Mini Masalla was released!
    Vodkana blinked. "23-Sensei.... Are you SUUUUUUUURE that it doesn't make a mommy, now? Nya! She is so sweet, that I could eat her!" she stared at amazed at Mini Masala.
    This timeline, surely have seen more bizzare scenes than that...
    Right?
    Ackon Cahuak

The Mini-Masala squeaks and flies and merges back into the original Masala who shivers a little at the crepy memories.
    "1. I'm Android 22. Android 23 is currently on Mars.

and 2. No, thats my child, you just ate apart of her and that part was still alive, because Majins break physics the way you eat sweets: constantly and without fail."

"Mommmyyyyy.......purple kitty is scaarrrrryy.....I want Mommy 23 back, it feels like she has been gone FOREEEEEEVEEEERRR......can I go find her?"
    "No, just be patient little Masala..."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

[Before Seven Star in]

The old man is startled by the horse, but manages to recollect himself when Lucifer adresses him. "No! Get off your high horse! You will stop right here and take responsibility for laying your filthy hands on my sweet daughter! This is my last warning! You have three seconds!"

With shaky hands, the geezer brandhishes his crossbow, aiming at Lucifer's chest with one eye closes. "Three... two..."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

5. - Top - End - #245

Starcross Point - Earth

While not a particularly impressive wall, especially by the standards of some of the grand citadels like North City or, what did they change their name to again? Luxana City? What is going on over there? Anyways, the wall did its purpose. It was nothing more than hundreds upon hundreds of logs stuck vertically into the ground, sharpened to a point. Nothing overly powerful, but it, the gate, and the night watchmen kept the monsters and brigands at bay. Who was Watchmaster Ezekiel to complain? Besides, it's not like it wasn't reinforced from the inside through additional supports and even riveting.

For now, Ezekiel kept an eye out on the path, one of many that lead out from the town. What made this one special is that trade caravans that typically came from Crescent Moon Mill haven't arrived in the past few days. At all. Bandits weren't bold enough to try and raid it as the two towns were practically within spitting distance of each other, at only a dozen miles. Still, something was off. So he had sent three of his Watchmen out to investigate. They are due back any minute now. He hoped they would report back that all was well, it was just a delay due to mechanical failure on a wagon or something.

Movement revealed itself cresting over the hill. A rather large silhouette in the setting sun. Wagon-shaped. Did his Watchmen find the caravan en-route? This is even better than he could've hoped for! But experience kept him wary, and even in the distance, the image was odd. The wagon wasn't pulled by horses or any sort of livestock, it was a person.

With a shout, the Watchmaster ordered guards onto the walls, crossbows ready. They neglected to aim for the wagon, not expecting hostility, but it didn't hurt to be wary. As the movement came closer, the sunlight caught the glint of an iron cuirass and the familiar dirty yellow of the Starcross Point Watch. They had returned!

Or at least one of them did. Ezekiel remembered that he had sent three.

Gods save you! Ezekiel hurried the returning guard and the cart in through the gate. It is from there that several details became apparent. First, the cart carried on it several bodies, including that of two Guards. Second, the returning Guard panted heavily from exhaustion. Though trained to great endurance, pulling a loaded cart 12 miles in guard armor is pushing a human to their limits.

What happened to ya, son? He asked, concerned.

Sleeping. He panted. Moon Mill, everyone. They just...fell asleep. He continued. It's a ghost town. They-they got Jorge and Ernest. He indicated the two sleeping guards. As others pulled them off, they indicated that slow, shallow breathing could be heard. They're alive, but slaps on the face from metal gauntleted hands failed to rouse them from their slumber. They won't wake up.

We got into town and...they-they were waiting for us.

Who?

I don't know...guys. Lots of them. Robes like midnight. They shot darts at us. We took a few of 'em but...one hit. One hit and you're out. I HAD to run and hide. They didn't even take Jorge and Earnest when they fell just...left 'em there. When they cleared out, I grabbed 'em and loaded 'em onto a cart we passed on the way here. Took a few millers too but...they aren't waking up!

By now, someone had gotten a bucket of cold water and splashed it on Jorge's face, who didn't respond. Ezekiel could only respond with a troubled look on his face. Surely, sleep poisons existed but nothing like this. Although he didn't believe, his mind only fell upon one conclusion: This was a curse.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Ackon Cahuak
    Android 22 answers
    "The previous Guardian of Earth, Yama is the bloody fool that thought it was a stupid idea Mr. Doctor! Unfortunately for us all, he already went off to reincarnate so we can't bloomin' lecture him about it."
    Masala attempts to launch a flurry of punches to break out of the invisible box.....and fails. Its still completely silent, as if the mime act was still going
    The Doctor gave 22 a quizzical look. "Reincarnate? Really? Huh," he muttered.

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Vodkana

"Nya... I just LOVE smart stallions..." Vodkana purred, and nuzzled the Doctor,
    Then she blinked.
    Nya? Danger? Again?" she sighed, with boredom.
    "May I at least blast something, this time? Nya?"
    "Actually ... yes," the Doctor replied. "I will have to step inside to make sure it won't collapse the space-time continuum, but then I'll need you to blast the door with everything you've got."

Mars
    "....I'll take that. What matters is that this is a decision you made. What do you say Starlight, teleport or the spaceship?"
    But then again, free backup spaceship, maybe store in a capsule. And now that she thinks about it, while didn't she start conjuring capsules to miniaturize things to keep them safe? or just conjuring capsule stuff in general? They were literally designed to be convenient things to keep around in your pocket, everything from houses to cars. But then again, she never had the money to get capsules at all, so the fact that she went from completely unable to get any to basically being a walking magical nano-fabricator who didn't need any money, the thought never crossed her mind to make capsules. Now she felt a little foolish.
    Starlight frowned. "Well, I don't really like space travel," she admitted. "But if you and the child are taking the ship, I should stay in case you need help."

Ackon Cahuak
    If the narrator recalls correctly, Artic has a higher PL than Masala, so yes, the box shatters and Masala flies out happily.
    "Yay! I'm free! Thanks Mistah Artic!!"
    Android 22 rolls her eyes.
    "Silly Majin, invisible boxes are only there if you think they are."
    "....Really?"
    "Yeah. Just remember to yourself: there is no such thing as invisible boxes."
    "There is no such thing as invisible boxes."
    Masala repeats solemnly. If you felt around, you'd find that there are no pieces of the invisible box anywhere. Though 22 is now a little inwardly miffed that her method of keeping Masala temporarily controlled by tricking her into trapping herself was now gone.
    "Well, except for shield spells," The Doctor piped in. "And force fields. And dimensional barriers. And transparent aluminum. And quantum singularities. And ..."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Ackon Cahuak
    Masala looks to Android 22 at Doctor Whoove's pointing all this out.
    ".....So they do exist?"
    ".....Yes but none of them are spontaneously forming around you in a cube to accidentally trap yourself."
    "Ah! Ok."

Mars
    "....Ok then, lets go. Lets blow this popsicle stand."
    Android 23 then follows Trombone Jr. to whatever ship he goes to, and stands ready in case she needs t teleport outside the ship and begin space combat.
    "By the way whats your name, little guy? I don't think you ever told us."

Starcross Point
    Out of the distance comes a figure, clad in simple white. He has pointed ears, purple skin, long white silky hair and a calm face. He walks with a grace only attained by years of training and practice. He looks like a young man in his twenties, he was a lot older, but in the years of the Shin-Jin, he was considered nothing but a child. He stops as he arrives near the men he turns to observe what was happening, then speaks, making a slight bow as if to equals when he does so
    "Greetings Guard-San. Allow me to introduce myself: I am Tarasai, and I am a figure who likes to help others. What seems to be the problem here? I would much appreciate it if you explained it to me."
    He gives a small smile as he offers help.

8. - Top - End - #248

Starcross Point

Were the world more homogenous, consisting of humanity and only humanity amongst the various permutations of cultures across the Earth with little noticeable difference between humans save languages, accents, and melanin counts, the guards at Starcross Point may very well have found this strange and alien creature with an uncanny resemblance to humanity an oddity in the extreme. This is not the case, as Earth is host to a multitude of sentient anthropomorphic creatures, many and various. In the context of this highly diversified world, a creature so utterly alien is regarded as little more than yet another oddity. One to be stared at for perhaps a moment or two longer than is polite.

Watchmaster Ezekiel. A grizzled human in his late 60s thumps his right fist against his iron cuirass in a warrior's salute.

I don't know what to tell ya, son. He said, looking away for a moment. Crescent Moon Mill and most towns to the east are all under some kind of...curse. The watchmaster blanches at the thought. He explains what has happened in recent days, with Crescent Moon Mill all falling under some kind of coma, induced by blue-robed people using poisoned darts. They can't be woken up by physical contact, water, or even the infliction of a stabbing (done once under controlled circumstances.) The Watch is trying to recover as many people as they can and keep them alive through force-feeding and drinking until a cure can be found but for many, it's already too late as they have died from dehydration. The darts the robed assailants use don't seem to use any conventional poisons as nothing can be detected.

If you think you can help well... He shrugs. We can't turn it away. We need to find out more about these blue boys, how to fight them, and how to wake people from their sleep.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Tsarbone

Tsarbone blinked. "N..no.. that.. Impossible!" his golden skin turned into a pale yellow. He face palmed with shaking hands.
    "I..it can't be! I have sacrificed too much to prevent this... I have destroyed the Zazel Tower to prove my loyalty!" he gasped.
    Apfel probably have heard about Zazel tower: one of the seven wonders of the galaxy. For millenias, every generation of this beauty obssesed specie added another level with the best architectory of their age. The tower had 3,333 levels before Tsarbone ruined it to prove his loyalty to the emperor.
    He took a deep breath. "The "filthy cat"?" Tsarbone repeated the question, trying to get hold of himself.
    "He is a space pirate privateer, who serve the empire from time to time. His name is Captain Cup. It's told he can cook whole cities with his attacks... disgusting fella, but useful though."

Sir Martin Lucifer The Magnificent!

"Move aside old man. I don't know what are you talking about!" Lucifer said with scared and nervouse smile.
    "I am in hurry to save the world from... from... a legion of a ghost-zombie-demon-golem-dragons!" he shouted nervously. "The world need me old man!" he attempted to sound impresive and important.

To be edited/continued

------
    My previouse Avater

10. - Top - End - #250

Tsarbone

That was you?! Apfel exclaimed in shock. Though far removed, he was a passive admirer of the Tower, and when the royal palace on Cirra was undergoing renovations, he personally recommended mimicking the architectural style of the 1237th floor. Because of how poorly the architecture functions underwater, it is literally the only reason the Palace's interiors aren't flooded, as virtually all Incirrian architecture is. The fact that it allows non-amphibious species to breathe in the Palace is simply a bonus. He was horrified when he heard the tower was destroyed. At the time, there was a cover-up as to the culprit in the media so Apfel never knew who it was, and was too busy to do any serious digging. By the time he was in a position where he could reasonably find the truth, the matter had already slipped his mind.

No, no, wait, never mind. Apfel clutched his forehead as though nursing a headache. I believe you, you did what you had to do.

Apfel recomposes himself. Nothing else that is beautiful need be destroyed. I would like to meet with Captain Cup.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-12-07 at 07:16 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Vodkana

Vodkana renewed her attention toward the Doctor.
    "nya? You are smart AND letting my blasting stuff? I am really grrrrrowing fond of you!" she purrsed, nuzzling him, rubbing herself in very feline way.

Starcross Point - Earth

One armed dog beastman with blue fur walked. He dressed up as gentelman, hiding his half arm inside his waistcoa. gigantic axe, was tied to his back. He sniffed the air.
    "greetings. I am Fenrir the hungry. And I am hungry for redemption." he bowed.
    "I am begging for the right to help- since I have smelled.. troubles from far away."
    He looked over the strange purple man with curiosity.

Tsarbone

"I had to.. I..." Tsarbone started to explain, but stopped, looking at Apfel, thankfully for not pressing the matter.

"Well, I have used his services for time to time- but never directly- mostly through Zorbab- he was in charge of dealing with the messy stuff... Sector Governors like us, supposed to stay away from criminals.. but I can arrange the meeting if you wish to. But you have to remember, that as long you can't prove that he has acted against the Empire, you can't charge him for his crimes.'

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Starcross Point
    Tarasai bows slightly again to Fenrir, not even questioning his presence or his reasons.
    "Glad to have your help, Fenrir-san. I am Tarasai. Let us do our best."
    He then turns to the sleeping man, kneeling down, he feels his pulse, tries to force open his eye to check the state of their irises underneath the lid, checks his temperature by discretely conjuring a thermometer while pretending to reach it from his sleeve, extends his senses to see if there is any demonic energy lurking upon him- any clue he could check. If this was a curse, then the likely culprit would be demons from Makai, though he was not sure what they would gain from this. Regardless of his results or what he learns, he stands and turns towards the road.
    "I think we will learn the most by going to Crescent Moon Hill ourselves. Worry not Ezekiel-San...I know how to take care of myself. This evil may be more subtle, but it is not the first I've faced."
    He gives a reassuring smile.
    "I will make sure to get to the bottom of this. You have my word."
    Tarasai then begins walking towards Crescent Moon Hill. No reason to waste energy and he had a feeling that he would arrive soon enough.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Starcross Point
    Tarasai bows slightly again to Fenrir, not even questioning his presence or his reasons.
    "Glad to have your help, Fenrir-san. I am Tarasai. Let us do our best."
    He then turns to the sleeping man, kneeling down, he feels his pulse, tries to force open his eye to check the state of their irises underneath the lid, checks his temperature by discretely conjuring a thermometer while pretending to reach it from his sleeve, extends his senses to see if there is any demonic energy lurking upon him- any clue he could check. If this was a curse, then the likely culprit would be demons from Makai, though he was not sure what they would gain from this. Regardless of his results or what he learns, he stands and turns towards the road.
    "I think we will learn the most by going to Crescent Moon Hill ourselves. Worry not Ezekiel-San...I know how to take care of myself. This evil may be more subtle, but it is not the first I've faced."
    He gives a reassuring smile.
    "I will make sure to get to the bottom of this. You have my word."
    Tarasai then begins walking towards Crescent Moon Hill. No reason to waste energy and he had a feeling that he would arrive soon enough.
    Fenrir.noded quitly. He bowed, almost walking on three- he looked for a.smells out of place.
    After all he is the top of the beastmen's genetics- maybe even with the hint of an alien ancestory.
    He still felt deep rage toward humans- even one crazy jelly girl can't change such strong emotions so fast- but he will help them and protect them.
    He also has heard rumors that Masala is godess- he wasn't fully sure about that- but he did placed the young crazy girl as guide.
    Fenrir will protect all the earthlings.
    He'l protect earth.

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

[Mars]

Trombone Junior gives Starlight a look. "... the actual trip through space will take less time than the walk to the ship." In their new space suit, the little Namekian leads 23 and Starlight through the airlock to outside air of Mars, and then to a giant Namekian-style spaceship seemingly made of brass and shooting steam out of its Hollow spikes. "Piccolo!", Trombone Junior shouts and the landing hatch of the ship obeys, lowering down so the three of them can get in.

Once they're inside, the Namekian looks at 23. "I didn't? Hmmm. How reckless of me. I am Trombone Junior, Child of Kataz and, starting from yesterday or thereabouts, Emperor of this Solar System and leader of the Red Planet Army. Though I don't actually do much leading yet, Calcifer takes care of that while I study the secrets of the Cross Clan so I can assume my position as their leader as well."

---

[Above Ackon Cahuak]

While Trombone Junior gives their explanation to 23, the ship's hatch closes, its engine roars into life, and by the time they finish, it has already zoomed all the way from Mars to Earth, appearing outside the time chamber cave announced by a loud thunderclap. The ship hovers in place, looking for a spot on the slope that could support its weight.

---

[Near Seven-Star Inn]

The old man stops his counting to shout at Sir Lucifer. "Needs you? Needs you? The one who needs you is my sweet daughter, who you left behind pregnant and without a single penny! You dare to suggest that the world is more important than my beautiful angel? You womanizing scumbag. I will -!" At this point, the old man has gotten himself so worked up, he accidentally squeezes the trigger of his crossbow and sends a bolt flying straight at Sir Lucifer.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2016-12-08 at 05:41 AM.

15. - Top - End - #255

Starcross Point

The human's pupils don't respond to light, indicating a coma. Body temperature is normal. No demonic, godly, or ki energy is present beyond what the human already had in them (power level: 6) However a hint of psychic energy is present in the person's mind.

You sure you don't want armor? The watchmaster replies. One needle touches your skin, you're out.

Well, if you insist, well, i'll give you fair warning: If you fall, the Watch probably will not be able to recover you. We'll do the best we can but...it's enemy territory-
    Just as he says this, his eyes light up in surprise as a faint *thip* is heard, a black needle embedded not even a centimeter into his neck. His eyes glance over to the sudden pain in his neck before glazing over, the Watchmaster falling in a heap.

We're under attack! Watchmen draw their swords as blue-robed humanoids emerge from the shadows in plumes of violet light. As they wave their black-gloved hands, darts seem to fire out from within their sleeves. The light catching the small mineral growths on the mantle of their robes. The faces seen from underneath the hoods do appear to be human, with the occasional cat-man or wolf-man. They continue their attack in utter silence, saying nothing as they cast darts indiscriminately at civilians and soldiers alike. Even when struck by an arrow or sword, they fall silently, barely a whisper uttered in pain or defiance against death.

Tsarbone

The corner of Apfel's mouth creeped upwards. Like the trail ended with Cup? Noted. Please do arrange a meeting.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

Starcross Point
    Tarasai raises a finger.
    "Shockwave Poke."
    And sends out a spherical shockwave that elegantly knocks all the needles back before they can hit him or Fenrir, but passes through anything bigger harmlessly, such is powerful ki control. They call clatter to the ground, useless.
    "This is but a taste of what I can truly do to you, whoever you are. Please, give up now, before I use but a fraction more. We can either talk about what your problem is and how we can mutually solve it without anyone else getting hurt.....or we can do this the hard, unfortunate way."

Ackon Cahuak
    23 exit the ship.
    "Ok good news everyone, Namekian child: rescued! We scratch that off the docket. Now. Next on the agenda...."
    How to do this smoothly.
    "Masala....I have a job for you. Its really really important."
    Masala bounds up to her, eyes shining and says
    "REALLY!?"
    "Yes. Really."
    She kneels down and whispers
    "I'm giving you the task of finding the rest of the Dragon Balls. Your silly, but you got this far kid. Gather the other six and I might consider you worthy of being trained to be even stronger okay?"
    "OKAY!"
    "But here is the challenge: the Namekian guy, he's coming with you. Don't be too hard on him, he is kind of had it rough. Don't worry, you can pretty much handle anything on Earth quite well, I imagine."
    "KAY! But.....why aren't you doing this?"
    "Simple, I need to have a conversation with someone important, kid. Need to hammer some details out."
    23 hands her the Dragon Radar
    "Ok, but who?"
    Android 23 stands up.
    "Technically? One of my new bosses."
    23 attempts to contact North Kai through her internal telepathy-phone thing.
    Hey. North Kai? You there? Its me, Android 23. New Guardian of Earth. Thought I'd check in. Just want to go over with you what this job exactly entails, because Yama didn't teach me anything? Hello? If I could like, get us started on the right foot so I don't do any screw ups that would be great....
    Meanwhile Masala flies over to Trombone Jr whenever he lands the ship, and strikes a pose, suddenly in her superhero outfit.
    "Fear not my Namekian Friend! Super Majin Girl will protect you on this search!"
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2016-12-08 at 06:58 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

[Near Seven-Star Inn]

"GYYYAAAH!!!" Lucifer yelled with horror as the arrow, penerated the left side of his magnificent mustachio! He fell from the horse on his back groaning with pain.
    "I don't think I have even met your daughter...'

Starcross Point

Fenrir yowled a shock subsonic beam to cast off all the needles.
    "This make me slightly annoyed!" he groaned, his muscles swelled a bit. He has drawn his axe.
    "I know how it is, to wish to kill everyone... but this won't bring you happiness. Stop, before it's too late, and you force me to do to something that will make the burden of guilt heavier for me,'

Meeting with Captain Cup

Tsarbone has arranged a "fortunate" meeting with Captain Cup- he discovered that he partying at a space pub called "The Skull Void".
    As Apfel enter the pub it's quite easily to notice Cup- a nyagato with stripes on his tail just like Spoon. His fur is grey and he has very sharp blades from his spines. He wearing only swollen pants exposing his musculed scarred body.
    If Apfel trying to check his pl, it will tell him the he is about 100,000 pl right now.

------
    My previouse Avater

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

[Ackon Cahuak]

Trombone Junior, having just gotten out of their spaceship, takes off their helmet and looks at Masala. "Riiiight. To be honest, I thought you already collected them. Oh well. Let's go see your Elders and ask them to hand them over."

Meanwhile, Android 23 receives a telepathic reply. "Of course he didn't tutor you. He tutored Callin Flowers, who you were travelling with untill lately. If Callin never shared any of what he learned with you, that's hardly on the old guy, is it, hmmm?"

23 gets few lenghty seconds to dwell on that.

"The old god didn't have a whole lot of faith in any of you returning to Earth, to be honest. In addition to Callin, he named Luxana, the Daughter of the Sun, and some machine called Protector the First as potential successors. That the mantle was passed on to you was more of an accident than anything. My suggestion would be to hand it back to Luxana. I suspect you don't really want to stay on this Earth to serve as its Guardian to begin with."

---

[Near Seven-Star Inn]

After a moment of stupefied silence, the old man begins furiously reloading his bow. "You liar! How could you forget my sweet angel's face? That's it! I'm going to kill you right here, right now!"

19. - Top - End - #259

The Skull Void

A part of Lord Apfel mused mentally about the sorry state of affairs that was the trend in modern leadership to simply give power to those with high power-levels. Surely an elite warrior's skills were better utilized on the battlefield than paperwork, logistics, or strategies? He understood the full hypocrisy of this statement, questioning his own skills for diplomacy and realpolitik while remembering that he lacked a head (no pun intended) for strategy that is required of a general. To be fair, in the times when words did fail, Apfel didn't have a problem joining the front lines.

Hopefully that will continue to not be necessary. The Incirrian dressed more casually for the event. A jacket made from materials that simulate the skin from some exotic xenoform he's never heard of loosely applied over a simple shirt and slacks. He had to remind himself to relax his posture several times, his overly dignified posture and walk would surely make him stick out any more than he already would. He had hoped the resemblance he had to himself wouldn't be too conspicuous. Incirrians can be easily recognized by their bright skin colors and spots (or lack thereof) so he simply banked on how recognizable he looked with his monocle. Therefore without it, he simply looked like an Incirrian with a resemblance to the Governor of Segmentum Cirra.

Though if someone can sense power-levels, all bets were off.

Spotting the Nyagato amidst the cornucopia of alien species, Apfel approached.
    Captain. He addressed him.

May I? He glances to a nearby chair.

20. - Top - End - #260

Starcross Point

The robed figures do not respond, opting instead to continue to cast darts at the group, even as Tarasai sends their projectiles falling to the ground harmlessly with little more than a gesture. They do not appear to be listening.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Starlight glanced at Masala, then 22 as 23 made her call. She didn't recall meeting this majin before. "So, 22, who's this?" she asked.

Meanwhile, The Doctor continued scanning the time chamber.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Ackon Cahuak
    Oh Hey cool, that actually worked.

Counterpoint: I made a deal with Oxyribo to get it, because he inherited it from Callins, who named Oxyribo as his next. Oxyribo didn't want the position, and I saw the benefit in making sure you guys didn't have the guy who not long ago ticked you off with how cavalier he was with Spirit World, as the next Guardian. You should be thanking me. Because Oxyribo could've been here being the one to talk to you about this instead, and who would you rather have, really? He skipped out and didn't hold up his side of the deal. When he was making that deal he was Guardian, so technically, since you were his boss, no matter how briefly, you should pay me back by completing my training of Instant Transmission. In return, I will give the Guardianship to Luxana, and even the Lookout as well. Me and 22 will be keeping the ship of course.

Your right, I don't want to stay on Earth. Even if it gets back to the way I remember it, it'll just be same ol'. same ol', y'know? But I was promised a complete training of Instant Transmission, and while I can technically do it I haven't MASTERED it. That and I think I can only really do if I can sense energy, like I can do now because of godly ki. So I lose that, I might not be able to do the technique promised to me and will need a replacement.

After all, even if I'm not Guardian, you'd still want a strong fighter like me able to rapidly respond to any threats that might come by, yes? I know your kind of desperate since I've recently heard that Yama had kind of checkered past with you guys, am I wrong?

She started making bets to herself what reasons he would pull out to not do so: 100 zenie says "I don't know it" 200 zennie says "gods are not indebted to you like that", 300 zennie says "I'm the god, I make the rules, do what I say", 400 zennie says "I don't care", 500 zennie says "Oxyribo wasn't actually Guardian then." and 600 zennie says "all of the above or none of the above".

Meanwhile Masala responds
    ".......Uh.....we don't.....really have Elders who keep them? Its more this adventure thing where they are scattered to random parts of the globe, and we might have to brave a few dangers to get them. Don't worry, I have the first one so we only need six! Worry not, Trombone! Together we will have a great adventure! I will be the cheerful adventurous one, you be the sarcastic sidekick!"

22 says to Starlight, nervously remembering how she is about time shenanigans
    "Oh she is TOTALLY NOT a majin named Masala who comes from an alternate version of our future where somehow Majin Buu was redeemed and raised by alternate versions of ourselves to think of us as her adopted mothers.....She DEFINITELY DID NOT steal and crash a time machine to get here, NOR are we hiding her existence from the Time Patrol because they've already corrected that errant shard of history and thus has no home to go back to. NEITHER was there ANY freaking out about meeting her at first because of trauma related issues and not actually knowing her. At all. None of that happened, are we clear?"
    She makes a nervous smile while hiding one of her hands behind her head.

Starcross Point
    He uses telekinesis to send the needles back at them instead.
    "Sigh. Looks like its going to be the hard way. I'll take the ones on the right. Fenrir-San, please do your best to keep them alive. We'll need to interrogate them if we can't figure out how they putting people to sleep."
    He then speeds forward faster than any needles and attacks what should be certain vital points to knock them out, jumping and speeding between them with quick, precise jabs at the appropriate places. One may notice that Tarasai was wielding his energy completely unlike Masala's- in more ways than one. While her energy was wild, out of control and used like a hammer, Tarasai's seemed to use his with surgical precision, like a scalpel. Where his feet tread, not even dust was kicked up, where he hit was precisely where he needed to and with the exact amount of force needed. He almost seemed to flow like water or the wind as he takes them down, causing as little of a disturbance as possible.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2016-12-10 at 12:02 AM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

Trombone Junior's palm meets their face. "Whoever thought THAT would be a good idea?"

Meanwhile, North Kai's telepathic conversation with 23 continues. "I can hardly teach you something I myself don't know. I maybe could teach you how to sense living things, but that'd require you to get over here. Don't you already have people closer to you who could teach you that?"

23 is bit of a weird outlier, because ordinarily it'd be impossible to learn the techniques and spells she knows without learning how to sense life first. Well, technically she can sense it, she's just limited by technology of her built-in scouter.

"In any case, I think you're misconstruing what this discussion is about. I'm not bartering with you. I'm not desperate, why would I be? My suggestion is for your sake, not mine. If there's anyone desperate here, it's you."

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Vodkana

"Nya?" she has asked while smothering the doctor. "What arrrre you looking for doctor-san?"

Android's godess mind

A coincidence? A telepathic cosmic overhearing? Amon Kami contacting here.
    "Merrow.. dearie. Do you need any aid? Everything, for the one who gotten rid of my traitorous apprentice.

Starcross Point

Fenrir nodded.
    "Very well. I have enough blood on my hands as it is- even if I have only one of them left.' Fenrir had a combination of primal beastial energy- with a very tamed nature. He hopped forward like a brute, slamming the enemy with the flat side of his ask. Each hit led to another jump and another hit.

The Skull Void

"Merorororow!!!" Captain Cup laughed heartily. From this close range, Apfel could see that Cup had rastas like Spoon had- but purple. Which probably meant, he was born as well into the warrior caste- but to other clan.
    "This is a free pub. As long as I am round at least. Merrow.' he looked over the incirrian curious. wagging his tail slowly with feline curiosity.

"Do.. you like home made drinks? Merrow?"
    " He grinned, grimmly and daringly.
    The female bartender from some fish like specie. whispered.
    "Don't do it... unless you have at least 50,000 pl.. which I doubt lil' guy you have.'

Tsarbone has informed you, that Cup enjoy brew alcoholic drinks infused with ki. That also a way for him to test people- those who can't survive his drinks, rarely getting respect from him.

[Near Seven-Star Inn]

"W..wait... I don't even know you.. what is your daughter's name?" he has asked, chukling nervously (yet so charmingly!)

------
    My previouse Avater

25. - Top - End - #265

The Skull Void

I can hold my liquor. Apfel replied with a confident smirk. He lied, he was actually a lightweight when it comes to alcohol. A few shots won't take him out, having had practice in innumerable formal settings, but much to the Emperor's continued amusement, the amount of alcohol that would normally get a male Incirrian buzzed pushed the glib Segmentum Governor to the point of slurred speech.

Let's see what you got!

Starcross Point

The darts would be dangerous but for Tarasai knocking them out of the sky with almost flawless precision, and redirecting them back at their casters. Fortunately for the pair, it would seem the darts don't care whose flesh they strike, as it knocks out the robed figures just the same.

Fenrir battering them with the flat end of his axe and sending them flying into a wall where they fall into an unconscious heap does wonders for this as well.

In but a few minutes, the duo working with the guard, who are far less keen on non-lethal resistance, are able to mount a resistance to the invaders who, after a thankfully short but bloody battle, retreat by teleporting their remaining forces out in plumes of violet smoke.

The Guard huzzahs for their victory as the streets lay strewn with the bodies of robed figures, slain and unconscious alike, as well as unconscious civilians and guards unfortunately struck down by the darts that now lay scattered about the streets. The few that land pointed upwards are surely going to give a bad time to anyone careless enough to not watch their step.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

Ackon Cahuak
    The 100 zennie bet wins! There was going to be a longer explanation why 23 was doing this sent to North Kai, but she decided that would only earn her a "you think too much." Instead: basically Android 23 has realized that while the Guardian position is a low one in celestial terms, it still carries power and authority and legitimacy with dealing with people like Apfel as well as allowing communication inroads with people in the Spirit World which might be important for other things. Power is a commodity and only a fool would give it up on a suggestion, even if its seemingly to their benefit. Thats why she is bartering right now.
    On second thought, it seems your suggestion is a genuine thing to help me out. Still, I didn't get this far by believing that anything in life is free. There is a cost to doing as you suggest, North Kai. The loss of the authority and status this gives me. With no clear benefits as to what I'd gain apart from mobility which I never really lost. But I'l try and think up of some of my own to play ball with you:
    -No having to escort people to the afterlife, a debatable benefit, given that I actually learned a bit from Spoon when I did so and had a bit of a chuckle seeing him burn.
    -If Hailing's attention is turned towards us, I'll have the advantage if I'm NOT the Kami, since being Kami would make me a target, as well as target for these Anti-God Terrorists, but doing would basically be painting the target on Luxana instead
    -I won't have to answer to you or any of the gods as my boss. Again, debatable if this is actually a benefit. You guys seem value respect a lot. And you might be less inclined to listen to me if I don't have the position of respect that a Kami deserves. And given the threats we know about, communication might be important.

Come on, give me a concrete incentive here. Tell me whats so bad for me if I keep this position or sweeten the deal for getting out of it, please. Doesn't have to be IT, just anything that you could think of.

She regards Amon-Kami
    Long story Short: I got my Guardianship through strange circumstances, I called North Kai to get some proper education about my responsibilities because I don't know them, he suggested I just hand it over someone else who we both know is more suited because she actually wants to stay on planet, but I don't want to give up the position without a concrete benefit in return since just giving up the position for no reason seems stupid, y'know? So I wanted him to make me an offer, and he refuses and says that I misunderstood. Sure thinking about t, I'll probably give it up anyways if things are going to be like this, but I want to see my best offer without compromising Earth's security y'know?

Meanwhile Masala says
    "According to one the stories my mommies told me? A green man with no name from anther world who became god! Then god tore himself in half, the evil half tried to takeover everything, but then an old man stored him in a jar. You probably don't know him though."

Starcross Point
    Tarasai frowned. Though he was one to act directly, he still remembered the teachings of the Kais: Every life was precious. Potential was within everyone. Every dead person was one more who would not contribute to the world and its history in some way. That was why they did not act, most of the time for they could not judge someone based on one flash second of their life. A wrong-doer might feel sudden guilt and change their ways forever and thus do more good than harm, someone of questionable virtue might make something that others could use to do good for the rest, and mortals experiencing a war might learn to give it up themselves through knowing its horrors. He knew lives would be spent, but he could only see potential lost and wasted to conflict.

Of course he remembered an argument he had with the Supreme Kai. Why they did not just kill Hailing themselves. He was a tyrant, an oppressor. People have clearly experienced tyranny before him on smaller scales. He was, by all accounts only unique in how great his power was compared to everyone else. He was told, that it wasn't his place to decide. It was Beerus's place to decide. The Gods of Creation were meant to CREATE. To create new potential, to nurture it, despite its flaws and foibles. It was Beerus who was meant to punish and eliminate potential, to judge whether something deserve to keep contributing to the world. The Supreme Kai therefore told him that they must stay their hand. Hailing could just be a passing dictator, those never last long. What lasts are traditions, values, teachings, foundations and Hailing established a great foundation in this galaxy, one that if it outlived him could be used to steer all the galaxy towards a better life for everyone. Conflict would always be there, but ultimately a united galaxy would mean less war, united law would mean more potential to progress and so on and so forth. It was all about the long term. The short term was for mortals to ponder in their freedom. And the Great Man Theory of History was bull. Even if Hailing didn't do it, some other Arcosian would've done the same eventually because of their high PL compared to everyone else, and its not as if Hailing could've conquered the galaxy with purely his own power.

But arguments like that were why he left and gave up trying to be an apprentice of the Kais. He shook his head. No time for reminiscing. He quickly walked over to an unconscious robed figure. He grabs one of the needles that didn't pierce anyone and another that did pierce someone with telekinesis, careful not to actually touch either one, extending his senses to try and figure if there was anything supernatural about them. Then he conjured two vials and used with great finesse, telekinesis to draw out any poison within both, if any and put them in. He tries to observe any differences between the two needles.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

[Near Seven-Star Inn]

"What, you don't even remember my sweet Lilith's name?", the old man cries. He brings his crossbow close to Sir Lucifer's chin, his eyes red with anger. "Say it. Say her name and apologize! Those will be your last words in this world."

Hmmm. Sir Martin Lucifer the Magnificent is in quite a pinch. Now would be a good moment for a wandering hero to mysteriously appear and save him. Uh... any second now...

---

[Ackon Cahuak]

Inside their mind, Trombone Junior is crying bitter tears. "Actually, it's the other way around. I know more of that guy than he ever did of me." The Namekian slumps a little and sighs. "Okay, get in the ship. Do you have an idea where the missing balls are?"

Meanwhile, over the telephone... errr, telepathic connection. "Who said there's anything bad in you having the position? It just really doesn't seem your style, you know. But since you asked:"

"Escorting souls to the afterlife is not a requirement of the job. Most souls make the trip on their own just fine. It was a quirk of your predecessor to pay so much attention to that."

"Your actions will likely draw Hailing's attention to Earth sooner or later regardless of whether you're Earth's guardian, or at least that's what your predecessor thought. But as far as the Cross clan of Namekians go, you're already late, I'm afraid. They came and attacked Earth while you were gone, to assassinate the young Namekian in your midst. Luxana, Shanakan and the old god both had to fight them to stop that from happening. As Luxana killed their leader, I think it's safe to say she's already a target. It also wouldn't surprise me if they attempt to murder the young Namekian again. Unfortunately, I can't divine the whereabouts or intentions of the Cross clan. They have means to hide themselves from gods, specifically."

"As for being your boss or respect or whatever... really, that's not what you should worry about. You don't have to be a god to have my respect. And if you'd really need divine aid, you could just call Luxana. She's your ally, is she not? You don't need to do everything by yourself, you know. That's why there are Guardians in addition to us Kais - because it would be insane for us who live in deep space or the otherworld to try and watch every living world on our own. You're in the same situation. Regardless of what you choose, Luxana will stay here, while you will be out there somewhere. It'd be one less thing to stress yourself with."

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

[Very busy mind of a certain celestial android]

[I] Don't be fool girl. Why would you give up on direct access to the divine bearucracy? Merrow? You see, the thing is we kami guardians has great autonamacy. Merrow. It sound that the security of your planet is in danger. Merrow. So stating this sun girl as defender in your absence is quite legitimate. Merrow.
    You simply has to decide what principals are sacred for the mortals you are in charge of. For my little nyagatos, everything is bareable beside starvation. Do what YOU know is right for your mortals. Merrow. Don't hesitate- on your planet you are the very definition of right. The wrong is anything you believe is wrong. This is the real matter of us guardian kamis."

,[Starcross Point

Fenrir blinked. The savage part of him was disappointed that the battle was done so fast. He really hoped he will get in time to the Budokai.
    Fenrir gotten closer to the vials and needles, sniffing them, attempting to sense the difference. Fenrir had an academic education combined with senses, that were very sharp even for a beastman.
    "So, you are kind of wizard?' He has asked, as his body turned back to normal.
    " Who have taught you such a merciful fighting style?' He added with curiosity.

[Void Skull]

"Well, it's your funereal.' The bartender groaned.
    " It would be a waste of a hot man.. But.. Well.. Do what ever you wish. Captain with what drink you want to blow his brain?'
    Captain Cup snickered. "Merororow. I have get a good feeling about your boyfriend, Tununami-chan! Give us the Nebula Chaser! Merorororow!"
    - "But..."
    "You have heard me!" Cup hissed.
    Tununami hissed and pulled a bottle with something that looked like glowing blue liquor. She poured a glass to each of you.
    Each glass contained about 50,000 pl.
    Some of the bar's guests hurrying to hide under the tables, Tununami simply opening an umbrella.
    It seems they all expect Apfel's brain to explode.
    Literally.
    Cup drank first. "Merrow! Ah! What a rich taste! Not bad for a lowly warrior like me! Merororororw!" He laughed.

------
    My previouse Avater

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Ackon Cahuak
    ....Your right. Thanks North Kai. To be honest I was expecting you to be more of a jerk or something. But your actually a pretty nice guy.
    She thinks about it a little.
    Say, is there any rule about registering godly ki into my scouter thing? Knowing what its like might be useful for later.
    She considers Amon-Kami'ss words
    On the other hand, you have a point. I am in a position to decide what is best for Earthlings, when my impression is that it was previously held by someone not an Earthling.
    And if her knowledge of other timelines were any indication, got passed onto two Namekians of all things. Oh and lets not forget the time Kami offered the position to Goku. Yeah. Mr. "I just want to fight strong opponents and give everyone a chance to have fun fighting them to!" Goku.
    And I dunno, maybe my style is whatever I want it to be, maybe I want to figure out out a way to say, reverse engineer that scouter tech, maybe install a planetary version of that into the Lookout, maybe get Artic in on it because I think he has a scouter for both Android and Divine stuff now, maybe establish a planetary defense force, decorate the Lookout as my new home/defense base, get some negotiations with the Tuffles going to see about training humans to wield Ki, and be able to actually defend themselves against threats that are at least Raditz level or something? Because Earth is currently like one of those isolated villages of the universe and while that benefits me now against Hailing, do I really want the defense of Earth to forever be in the hands of a few rag-tag people that randomly give a crap about it with no guarantee that it'll be this way forever? No. I don't think so.

I mean this entire Guardian system is a little flawed when you think about it. One powerful person can't defend an entire planet forever. A more consistent defense force could make more candidates for Guardian, and the more people doing the work for me, the more I can get to enjoy what I want. Its not as if its a good idea to keep all this ki stuff secret forever. Just until it can be introduced in the right way to minimize the negative impact. Luxana could defend the Earth. But I could make sure that Earth could become strong enough to defend itself. At least from the threats that one can reasonably expect.

Rather than all the crazy ones it keeps getting.
    But you ARE right, North Kai. It is a bad idea to do all this myself and to shoulder all the burdens. I'll be taking that advice fully into consideration with my following actions. It just that- why do you guys pick one Guardian, then don't REQUIRE the 'teaching people to defend themselves' part rather than making it optional?"
    She then speaks aloud.
    "I'll be going to Luxana City. It'll be a quick thing so....bye"
    She then flies away.
    Masala holds out the Dragon Radar and clicks the button, showing where all seven are.
    "No worries! Dragon Radar basically tells us where they are quite easily."

Seven Star Inn: The Early Cameo Of Mysterious Hero.
    There is a tap on the old man's shoulder.
    "Excuse me. You forgot something."
    Then he launches a punch at the old man's face as soon as he turns, a solid slug to the nose.
    "You dropped your basic human decency at the door. Please find it on your way out."
    He then throws the old man out in a single unceremonious toss. The man turns to look at Lucifer. He is by appearances, a normal black haired human male, young but tall.
    If you look closer however there is something....else about him. He wears an orange gi with the symbol "OKAMI" woven onto the left side of the gi as well a bigger version on the back- it meant "Wolf". Under his gi are training weights. But not just any training weights. Something was thicker and incredibly advanced about them, as if designed to weigh him down as much as possible. Despite moving at normal speeds, he seemed to move as if under a great weight. His skin is full of scars all across his body, as if he has experienced many battles to get the perfectly honed muscles he has now. But most of all were different was his eyes: they weren't just determined, they were limitless wells of burning Determination extending into infinity. They were completely serious, the eyes of a man obsessed, driven by a singular, relentless earth-shaking desire that he would go through anyone to achieve. He was tense, as if waiting for something to happen, a battle, a fight, anything where all the potential within him could explode into action and show the world why even the heavens should tremble in fear at his presence.

But instead, he just sighs.
    "Boring. Not even a fight. You wouldn't be a fight either."
    He then turns and leaves.

Starcross Point
    "....I guess I technically am a wizard. As for who taught me....He is a very important man whom I deeply respect, even though I've went a separate path from him...at least for now...."
    Being Supreme Kai was a great burden, and one had to bear many great secrets. In more ways than one. He still remembered the direst warning he ever gave Tarasai:
    "Whatever you do: Never tell Zeno there is a problem. Ever. Never ask for his help. It is the worst decision you can possibly make as a Supreme Kai. Worse than releasing Majin Buu."
    Which tells you everything you need to know, considering Majin Buu killed and absorbed the other four Supreme Kais.
    "Really though, it is a style meant for all the people who work in my position. We are taught that every life is precious, that any person could potentially become something great and change things for the better, and that its best to stay my hand so that potential can manifest, that something good can come from something bad. I've technically sort of rejected their form of this philosophy but one could say I'm following my own version of it. The martial art however, is all theirs."
    To be precise, it was known as Rippling Pond Crane Style, one of the oldest most traditional styles of the Kais. There were other styles, such as Timewalker's Grace Style, as well as Blades of Justice Style That utilized a lot of piercing attacks and energy blades but these were both considered last resort styles only used in the direst of circumstances, whose techniques were deadly and easily abused if not taught and applied wisely. Tarasai was nowhere considered ready for such styles in the eyes of the Kais, he was considered too young by their standards. Even these two Styles were a small sampling of what martial techniques the Kais had developed and kept secret over their immortal lives. And even then, Tarasai had not even mastered Rippling Pond Crane Style either- its true power was far greater than what he could currently utilize.

Technically, the Gods of Destruction have access to these Styles as well and are the only ones allowed to use them freely. However the people selected for the position were often such great fighters, that it was rarely needed to teach them such techniques.

30. - Top - End - #270

The Void Skull

Apfel took a drink. Odd tasting, but Ki infusion had an odd (but not unwelcome) way of making everything taste better. Not simply sweeter, but a more context-sensitive enchancement that always seemed to vary depending on the dish. It's a darn shame few people seemed to survive long enough to enjoy the drink. For the third strongest being in the universe, the drink proved harmless.

He looked around as everyone seemed to be taking cover. What's everyone so afraid of? He asked coyly. You all look like the Emperor is about to blast me to bits.

Starcross Point

The darts didn't appear to be anything special at first glance. Though needles made of iron weren't common, as there were less disposable shapes to wrought iron into, they weren't unheard of either. The interior is hollow, and do not contain any liquids, solids, powders, or any indication of having carried poison within them, though the capability is there. The only abnormality is the dark violet crystalline tip of the needle that terminates in a needle point. Those sensitive to psychic energy can detect that the tip resonates with psychic power.

The same is true with every dart found.