New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: MERC XVII: You Can't Take the Pay From Me

[Entering MERC]

"We are getting on with it. I'm not asking these questions just to be social, Willa. I'm trying to figure out what you want to do. Ambition is the key to this, spirits only seek out and communicate with people they think they can get something out of. They're never going to attempt to bargain with a person that's perfectly happy with how things are. They only seek out people that want more, and that's a weakness you must exploit. So if we were to perform a ritual, it would be to get you something you want, so that's what I'm trying to figure out." Astrana explains. "It isn't like in other professions where you just perform the easiest ritual in the book, the outsiders won't respond to that."

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entering MERC]

Willa blushes. She's not sure what to say about that. Or rather, that she's (kinda) summoned several things in her efforts to find herself a date, and she'd well and good quit that business by now.
    "Alright. Based on what you've heard do you have something in mind?" she asks.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Astrana's Office]

Raril follows the ladies down to Astrana's ritual chamber. Sszinyon, likewise, follows, not wanting to be left alone and curious about the spell. At the warning to shield their minds, he nods. "I can do that as well."

Raril grins at the mention of drinks, "Well, at least you're offering me a drink first. We'll probably need more when we're done going down this rabbit hole."
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Astrana's Office]

"Shutting out my mind? I'll get one of my masks, it hides my identity in more than one sense."
    It was symbolic magic, removing your identity with a mask, but it had been effective. But first, she will be getting those chairs and drinks for her guests. She pulls out some chairs and get some paper mugs for them. "I'm afraid I only got water. But I do know a place where we could go afterwards." She claims with a grin.

[Entering MERC]

Astrana turns around and keeps moving, but it seems like she isn't willing to drop the subject just yet. "I hope you aren't uncomfortable with the way you look, since I think you look just fine."
    [Astrana's Office]

"It's a date," says Cassandra, gesturing to a chair. "Have a seat, then."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ogre in the Playground

[Astrana's Office]

Raril takes a seat across from Cassandra and gratefully takes the paper cup from Astrana, wishing it were something a bit harder than water.

Sszinyon stations himself near the door, standing relaxed, but ready. He stays quiet, watching the proceedings.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

5. - Top - End - #1205

[Astrana's Office]

Astrana pours up some water to Raril and herself and then goes to fetch one of her voodoo masks. Once she strapped it on, she takes a seat behind her desk and takes up a small note pad. "I'm ready. You may start whenever you like."

[Entering MERC]

"A number of things." The tiefling admits. "How do you feel about love potions? There are quite a few types, some used on others, some used on yourself."

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entering Vigil]

Willa blushes, remembering old events.
    "Well, drugging people to love me sounds pretty unethical. I don't want to brainwash someone, especially if we're not really compatible." she admits, thinking about it.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Ogre in the Playground

[Astrana's Office]

Water, water, everywhere, and not a drop of it is wine. Where's Jesus when you need him?

Cassandra takes a paper cup and sits across from Raril, taking a sip as she flicks through some pages on her phone. Eventually she seems to find what she's looking for, studying the screen through heavy lidded eyes as she grasps something hidden inside her jacket pocket. This goes on for some stretch of time before a sense of grim anticipation seems to settle over her, and she gives Raril a smile as she sets the phone down on the floor next to her, fixing him with those pale silvery eyes of hers.

"Well then. Ready?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ogre in the Playground

[Astrana's Office]

Raril's ruby red orbs look back at Cassandra, no sign of anxiety there. "Ready as I'll ever be." He says with a grin.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Main Base [Outside]

A draft of wintry wind blows outside, and in a flurry of snow Liadi appears, the wind stopping as she steps towards the door, a pair of tan gloves on her hands as she knocks on the door, one quick, but light tap. She wonders how attentive those manning the door are.
    Homebrew: If it is mine feel free to PEACH and/or use it.

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

10. - Top - End - #1210

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Entering Vigil]

Willa blushes, remembering old events.
    "Well, drugging people to love me sounds pretty unethical. I don't want to brainwash someone, especially if we're not really compatible." she admits, thinking about it.
    [Entering Vigil]

"There are other types of love potions, and the one I'm talking about allows you to become your targets ideal lover from sunrise to sunset. Its also known as the succubi elixir, and it comes in several different variants. If you are interested that is, its intended to overcome that physical aspect of courting." And a few other things Astrana isn't going to bother mentioning.

Main Base [Outside]==> Common Room

There are security cameras outside, so there must be someone watching, or at least recording.
    But suddenly there is a click and she can hear a feminine voice coming from the speaker. "Hello and welcome to MERC. What brings you out in the cold, miss? Are you interested in our services, or are you here to join?"

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entering MERC] Whoops on that tag...

"Well, that might be fun. It certainly would at least give me one day without being held back by my legs. Would you show me how it works?" Willa asks after a few minutes of deliberation.
    "It doesn't literally require calling a succubus does it?" because she has actual experience with that...

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

There are security cameras outside, so there must be someone watching, or at least recording.
    But suddenly there is a click and she can hear a feminine voice coming from the speaker. "Hello and welcome to MERC. What brings you out in the cold, miss? Are you interested in our services, or are you here to join?"
    Liadi smiles slightly, "I'm here for both, I heard this is a good spot for those who need help finding someone,
    and I have many a trick... If you accept me that is..."

Extended Signature

Well, it seems that life has deposited me here, yet again. Hopefully this time I get to stay a while, as I intend on revising some old homebrew.

13. - Top - End - #1213

[Entering MERC]

"Show you? There are the incarnations and the symbols I could show you, but those are just symbols. They don't even have to be the same all the time, but I can't call on a being for something that you supposedly desire. They would take great offence at being used as a 'test' and might not heed my call again. The purpose of the summoning is what's essential. Its not like how sorcerers call on powers whenever they feel it fancy, or modern technology made purely for our benefit, these are dangerous entities." Astrana explains. "As for succubi, I can't actually guarantee what sort of being that will answer. Usually, it is a lower spirit, but as you are so inexperienced, something more dangerous might try to take advantage of you. I will make sure nothing will happen though. Just don't think about succubi when you cast the spell, that might draw it in."

Main Base [Outside]

"Please state your name, profession and eventual special abilities then, m'am." The lady in the speaker responds.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entering MERC]

Though really, they are probably at Astrana's office by now, and no longer just entering.
    "All right. Show me what to do." though it's far more likely that it won't be Hearts she thinks of, but Lee. The Concept would undoubtedly approve of these schemes.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

My name is Liadi (she leaves off the last). As for profession? I am not the bruiser type, but anything from healing to smithing to infiltration, to... well you get the point. On abilities, to begin with, I'm an accomplished transmutist and conjurer. The coin in her hand changes to gold, turns to a longsword and back to a coin in an instant. I can throw a knife better then most, and am good with a gun. I can heal and am well versed in herbs, and a few other odds and ends.
    Last edited by Westhart; 2017-10-20 at 10:13 PM.

Extended Signature

16. - Top - End - #1216

[MERC Tunnels==> Astrana's Office]

"If you feel ready, since you have to keep in mind that spirits thrive on the forbidden. The more taboo an act is, the more powerful the act of breaking it is to a spirit." Astrana reasons as she opens up her office door. "I'm going to take a shower first however, so just stick around. Just don't knock anything over. My office wasn't made with centaurs in mind."

The tiefling then walks off, leaving Willa to look around. As she mentioned however, the office spaces aren't big enough for Willa to comfortably turn around without risking bumping into thing. In addition, there appears to be stuff here that could be especially dangerous if they broke. Like mystic masks, colorful orbs, animal heads mounted on the walls and a handful of weapons. It looks like a mix between a big game hunters display cabinet and a wizards study in here.

Eventually, Astrana comes out clad in a colorful towel, her curly hair still wet. "Right, so the difficult part is usually drawing up the summoning circle, but as I have one pre-drawn here already, all we need to perform is the ritual itself." She walks behind her desk and opens a cabinet behind it, taking something out. She then places what appears to be a candle shaped as a, well... on the desk so that Willa may see it. "I was thinking we'd use one of these. It might seem crude to you, but that's how these rituals are performed. It symbolizes the raw force in mating rituals, especially in your case."

Main Base [Outside]

"Thank you, just one question and I'll let you in alright? I know how cold it can be out there. I just need to confirm, are you a priest or cleric?" The woman asks.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Ogre in the Playground

[Astrana's Office]

When Astrana returns she'll find Willa having shed what she was wearing and most of the way through applying the paint she was talking about. If Astrana has a mirror in the office it'll be better. The pattern starts on the base of her neck and runs down her enormous spine, branching into zig-zagging lines across her chest and down her limbs, with a tiny eye on some joints.
    "Would you mind helping me? I can't reach my back or my hand legs well even with this brush." she asks as Astrana comes in.
    "Raw force? I'm guessing you mean because we're big?"

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Main Base [Outside]

A priest? That I'm not. Liadi smiles, and it is quite clear the cold doesn't bother her much. "Are you sure there aren't any other questions?" With that her smile widens slightly, although it is impossible to tell if she is amused.

Extended Signature

19. - Top - End - #1219

[Astrana's Office]

"'We're'? Are you talking about centaurs, since I'm not. I meant, since you, in a way, desire what this symbolizes in your dating." Astrana had hoped she wouldn't have to be this blunt about it, and look where it got her. "And I'd prefer if I'd have a chance to put on my clothes first. Is it always this difficult applying the patterns?"

Main Base [Outside]

"Not anything you need to discuss out here. I'll buzz you inside, just make yourself comfortable and I will be with you in a moment." There is an electronic buzz as the door opens, revealing a cozy looking common room with a fire place, a tv-set and a number of armchairs and sofas. The door will then close behind her.

Eventually a smartly dressed woman comes out of one of the doors, holding a folder. She is somewhat unusual in appearance, but is thankfully wearing sunglasses. "Right, so Liadi, was it? I'm Dena Xifhara, nice to meet you." She offers her hand to shake.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Ogre in the Playground

[Astrana's Office]

Willa doesn't consider being a straight female something that would warrant the word "especially." That ought to be a pretty standard case.
    "Probably. It's for rituals, and I haven't done a real one since taking up my position, so I've never had to apply them before." she admits.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Main Base [Outside]

"Not anything you need to discuss out here. I'll buzz you inside, just make yourself comfortable and I will be with you in a moment." There is an electronic buzz as the door opens, revealing a cozy looking common room with a fire place, a tv-set and a number of armchairs and sofas. The door will then close behind her.

Eventually a smartly dressed woman comes out of one of the doors, holding a folder. She is somewhat unusual in appearance, but is thankfully wearing sunglasses. "Right, so Liadi, was it? I'm Dena Xifhara, nice to meet you." She offers her hand to shake.[/QUOTE]
    Liadi looks at the hand, her face slightly perplexed then looks at the secretary then she slowly reaches out to shake, I am new with the customs of this world. She admits with a small grin. So, what else is it you wish to ask?

Extended Signature

22. - Top - End - #1222

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Astrana's Office]

Willa doesn't consider being a straight female something that would warrant the word "especially." That ought to be a pretty standard case.
    "Probably. It's for rituals, and I haven't done a real one since taking up my position, so I've never had to apply them before." she admits.
    Quote Originally Posted by NothingAbnormal View Post
    Main Base [Outside]

Liadi looks at the hand, her face slightly perplexed then looks at the secretary then she slowly reaches out to shake, I am new with the customs of this world. She admits with a small grin. So, what else is it you wish to ask?
    Main Base [Outside]

"Well, I need to clarify a few things."
    Dena says, gesturing at two sofas facing one another. "So have a seat." She offers, and will take the other once Liadi has gotten herself comfortable. "So you said you were interested in working with MERC, do you have a favored type of job or role in a group? Some of us actually just work in the office while others work in the field. Me, I am taking a lot of duties, like greeter for instance. I'm actually second in command." She claims with a smile, seemingly wanting to correct what might have been Liadi's assumption.

[Astrana's Office]

"Skin paint has never been my style, but if you wait a moment for me to get dressed I might be able to help. Until then, keep the ritual in mind. You need to know exactly what you want for this to work. No hesitations." Astrana claims before disappearing into the bathroom again, leaving the particularly shaped candle on the desk for Willa to see. Apparently, she just came out to say that.

The tiefling will eventually return fully dressed in a green t-shirt and a skirt. "I was thinking about your body-paints, are they supposed to symbolize something? I could make some patterns that could be of value if you want, but I don't know if that will interfere with whatever your tribe intended them to be for."

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Main Base [Outside]

"Well, I need to clarify a few things."
    Dena says, gesturing at two sofas facing one another. "So have a seat." She offers, and will take the other once Liadi has gotten herself comfortable. "So you said you were interested in working with MERC, do you have a favored type of job or role in a group? Some of us actually just work in the office while others work in the field. Me, I am taking a lot of duties, like greeter for instance. I'm actually second in command." She claims with a smile, seemingly wanting to correct what might have been Liadi's assumption.
    Liadi sits down, "I work best either on my own or in a small team. The work I do is mostly dealing with infiltration, breakouts, counter-assassination." However I can fill many roles, from herbalist and healer to poison crafter, depending on the situation. Liadi is sitting calmly, although she has taken a silent inventory of the room, in case it comes down to that. So, do you all normally put a leader on your front door? In most cases I would say that makes an easy target...
    Last edited by Westhart; 2017-10-23 at 12:37 PM.

Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Ogre in the Playground

[Astrana's Office]

"No, the lines are all that are traditional. Message suggested the zigzags and the eyes because she likes those. I believe the idea was that each person made their own patterns out of the basic idea that was written down." Willa explains. "I'm open to whatever you think would help."

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default [MERC office, Riverside]

Alduin sighs, 'A few days of searching an still no sign...' He looks at the crumpled note in his hands, the address of a mercenary company in Riverside... the place the smith had recommended looking... 'Hopefully they'd find her since he couldn't.' He walks towards the entrance, ready to knock if necessary.

Extended Signature

26. - Top - End - #1226

[Astrana's Office]

Astrana shakes her head. "This pact shouldn't need it thanks to the protection circle. But if you insist..." Astrana will then help finish up Willa's pattern. "Anything else I should help you with before we start this?" She asks once she starts washing off the paint from her hands.

"We don't have an official secretary actually, so whoever happens to be nearby when someone is at the door takes the call, so to speak. It might sound unprofessional, but we aren't too picky about who we recruit. If it had been anyone else, you likely would have been asked different questions. Regardless, any would be assassin wouldn't know which one of us that answers the door, and if they did, we have other methods to keep them in check." Dena calmly explains, the snakes that rest on top of her head all watching Liadi's every move. They appear curious, or perhaps suspicious.

"But poison crafter you say? How much experience do you have with that? I craft poisons myself you see. Mostly from my own stock." She smiles again, exposing her fangs, are those venomous...? "So I really like to hear what you can do."

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ogre in the Playground

[Astrana's Office]

Willa shakes her head.
    "No, I think I'm alright. I just need to know what exactly the ritual has me do. Is it a chant or a dance or what? I haven't done this...properly before." she says, hiding her past with Libra and the Concepts.

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Common Room

"We don't have an official secretary actually, so whoever happens to be nearby when someone is at the door takes the call, so to speak. It might sound unprofessional, but we aren't too picky about who we recruit. If it had been anyone else, you likely would have been asked different questions. Regardless, any would be assassin wouldn't know which one of us that answers the door, and if they did, we have other methods to keep them in check." Dena calmly explains, the snakes that rest on top of her head all watching Liadi's every move. They appear curious, or perhaps suspicious.

"But poison crafter you say? How much experience do you have with that? I craft poisons myself you see. Mostly from my own stock." She smiles again, exposing her fangs, are those venomous...? "So I really like to hear what you can do."
    I'm glad to hear you can take care of anyone bothering you all. She smiles at the poison question, revealing some slightly oversized canines, gleaming a pearly white. Good enough, ever tried to deal with those that are normally immune? That's where I come in. Also, what do you mean 'if it had been anyone else?'

Extended Signature

29. - Top - End - #1229

Common Room

"Most things that obviously are immune to poisons usually don't ingests them either, like golems or elementals." Dena points out. "There are exceptions, like creatures that should be poisoned but has some magical shenanigans that make them immune. But I'm guessing your solution is using another type of magic to counter theirs. Which makes it come down to their magic versus your magic. Am I right?" She inquires. "As for what I meant, just that we don't really have a standard method of approaching new members. Everyone does it their own way."

[Astrana's Office]

"First off, we will need to lit the candle. That part should be done by you. Just pick it up and place it in the middle of the circle. Once that is done, lit it with a match and step out of the circle again."
    She offers a matchbox to the centaur. "This might be slightly more difficult due to your size. You probably should try outside rituals in the future."

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Common Room

I don't use magic with my poisons. Liadi replies, her voice kind of... edge-ish, as if to suggest such a thing is an insult, although it is obvious she doesn't take it personal, after all, Dena isn't from the same realm.

Extended Signature