New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: MERC XVII: You Can't Take the Pay From Me

[Mountain Base Entrance]

"Hating AMEN is a perfectly natural and common reaction," Dipsnig says. "But they're about as relevant and threatening as the flu, nowadays. I need tangible proof to accept someone as a full-time MERC member. Have you done mercenary work before?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Mountain Base Entrance]

"Hating AMEN is a perfectly natural and common reaction," Dipsnig says. "But they're about as relevant and threatening as the flu, nowadays. I need tangible proof to accept someone as a full-time MERC member. Have you done mercenary work before?"
    "Plenty of it. Never failed a job. I usually do any work offered to me but I'm planning on doing it for MERC now." Says the man.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base Entrance]

Dipsnig's face is business-like, betraying no opinion or emotion.

"Any examples of past employers, or jobs? Trophies?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Mountain Base Entrance]

Dipsnig's face is business-like, betraying no opinion or emotion.

"Any examples of past employers, or jobs? Trophies?"
    "Countering other mercenaries and sometimes assassins, clearing places such as small complexes and caves of people or monsters, search and destroy missions. I've been hired by a wide variety of people but I do have standards. Oh, and trophies, "he pulls out the staff on his back. It is all black with magical blue runes on it when someone wields it. "I got this when I killed a wizard I was hired to protect my client from. Is that enough?"
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base Entrance]

"You have standards, you say. Our rules are simple. We don't turn on our employers, don't assassinate and don't work for slavers," Dipsnig says, eyeing the staff. "I trust that won't be a problem. Is your former client someone I could talk to? If I can confirm that's how you got this staff, it'll be quite enough of an achievement."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Mountain Base Entrance]

"You have standards, you say. Our rules are simple. We don't turn on our employers, don't assassinate and don't work for slavers," Dipsnig says, eyeing the staff. "I trust that won't be a problem. Is your former client someone I could talk to? If I can confirm that's how you got this staff, it'll be quite enough of an achievement."
    "Sorry to disappoint you, but he died two years ago. I try to keep track of my clients in case they want another job done. Enough if an achievement?" Says the man.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base Entrance]

Dipsnig's long ears twitch.

"Hmm. It occurs to me that you haven't given me your name yet," he points out. "In either case, can you show us what the staff can do?"

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Mountain Base Entrance]

Dipsnig's long ears twitch.

"Hmm. It occurs to me that you haven't given me your name yet," he points out. "In either case, can you show us what the staff can do?"
    "My name is Jacob Rancor. I could show you what the staff does but you may want a specific place to do it. It's a little, destructive." Says Jacob.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base Entrance]

"We have a lab. You can demonstrate it in controlled circumstances," Dipsnig says.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Mountain Base Entrance]

"We have a lab. You can demonstrate it in controlled circumstances," Dipsnig says.
    "Show me to it then" Rancor says.(I may sometimes call him by last name.)

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base Lab]

Dipsnig gets off his chair and leads Jacob through a long corridor to another part of the mountain base. Like the main building, the laboratory complex is circular. The goblin turns left in the foyer, opening a door with his crystal-studded bracer. The two end up in an empty laboratory, which is a quarter-circle room. There's a rectangular space in the middle of it, surrounded with four pillars, which glow with intricate glyphic patterns. Four golems are positioned around the place.

"You can demonstrate the staff's capabilities in the area between the pillars. They'll catch and nullify any excess or dangerous magic. If things go really out of control, those golems will kick into gear."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Mountain Base Lab]

Dipsnig gets off his chair and leads Jacob through a long corridor to another part of the mountain base. Like the main building, the laboratory complex is circular. The goblin turns left in the foyer, opening a door with his crystal-studded bracer. The two end up in an empty laboratory, which is a quarter-circle room. There's a rectangular space in the middle of it, surrounded with four pillars, which glow with intricate glyphic patterns. Four golems are positioned around the place.

"You can demonstrate the staff's capabilities in the area between the pillars. They'll catch and nullify any excess or dangerous magic. If things go really out of control, those golems will kick into gear."
    "So this will block the magic, right?" Jacob days as he points at the glyphs

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base Lab]

"It will prevent it from leaving the rectangular area," Dipsnig clarifies. "Magic can go in, but it can't get out."

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Mountain Base Lab]

"It will prevent it from leaving the rectangular area," Dipsnig clarifies. "Magic can go in, but it can't get out."
    Without a word Rancor swiftly swings the staff off his back and the staff lights up as it did before. A thick blue beam comes out of the staff somewhat like a staff of dissentigration but the beam stays up.(I'm still not grasping what the effect in the room would be so I'm leaving that unsaid) The beam then stops seemingly at his mental command. He swings the staff back on his back.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {{Main Room}}

Caroline looks to Vincent, wondering if that'll be enough to grab his attention. "If Vincent agrees, where should we go to find the first one?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Main Room]

"I can feel them so I could mark the area where you can find them." his soundless voice says. "There are four left right now. I would go myself, but they can feel me as I can feel them."
    Fade keeps a straith face, even if they guarantee to be the best.
    "I can offer you.[More then you get from random Encounter] or if Money is not what you seek I can see through my stuff or I could return the favor at a different time."
    [Main Room]

Vincent shrugs at Caroline. It's not a super exciting reward, but it'll suffice. They're down a bunch of basic potions anyways after the kidnapping and their funds were drained to pay for the detective gear.

"Do you have an anti-shadow net thing we're supposed to use to catch them once we've weakened them?"
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2016-10-28 at 01:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Main Room]

Vincent shrugs at Caroline. It's not a super exciting reward, but it'll suffice. They're down a bunch of basic potions anyways after the kidnapping and their funds were drained to pay for the detective gear.

"Do you have an anti-shadow net thing we're supposed to use to catch them once we've weakened them?"
    [Main Room]

"No, I don't have such a device." Fade's shadow replies with his soundless voice. "I'm sure I didn't want it anyway. Just hit them until they are unconscious or convince them to come here."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base Lab]

Dipsnig taps his bracer, ordering the lab's measuring equipment to analyse the beam.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Mountain Base Lab]

Dipsnig taps his bracer, ordering the lab's measuring equipment to analyse the beam.
    "It's a much more powerful and constant form of disentigration. If the armor is extremely powerful on another it starts melting through it."says the man.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base Lab]

"Intriguing," Dipsnig says. "How much knowledge and power does it take to operate this staff?"

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Mountain Base Lab]

"Intriguing," Dipsnig says. "How much knowledge and power does it take to operate this staff?"
    "Surprisingly not too much. I'm not an expert in the arcane as you can see with what I'm using but I can still use it. The power is mostly in the staff itself but no normal person can use it." Says Jacob.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base Lab]

"You certainly don't look like a magician... although you can never know. One of the most powerful mages I've ever met looked like your average inner-city human," Dipsnig says. "So all it takes is a little know-how? That's surprising. Do you know why that mage made it this way?"

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Mountain Base Lab]

"You certainly don't look like a magician... although you can never know. One of the most powerful mages I've ever met looked like your average inner-city human," Dipsnig says. "So all it takes is a little know-how? That's surprising. Do you know why that mage made it this way?"
    "No, not at all. I just got it from killing him." Says Jacob.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base Lab]

"And how did you accomplish that? You're obviously a marksman and a commando of some sort, but what are your exact capabilities and specialities?" Dipsnig asks.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Mountain Base Lab]

"And how did you accomplish that? You're obviously a marksman and a commando of some sort, but what are your exact capabilities and specialities?" Dipsnig asks.
    "Physical armor does almost nothing against magic do I decided to use more of an assassin strategy and shot from a distance with a sniper rifle. My armor is great but I try to use agility and my guns to fight. I have a knife on the side of each leg which you probably didn't notice which is great because of my use of agility. I use the staff for extremely armored or magically armored things. If you want me to blend in with others you have a little problem but I'm pretty much good at everything else." Says the man.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base Lab]

Dipsnig nods.

"Sensible. There's always a demand for people with your skillset and methods. If you want to join MERC as a full-time member, we just need to sign a contract."

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Mountain Base Lab]

Dipsnig nods.

"Sensible. There's always a demand for people with your skillset and methods. If you want to join MERC as a full-time member, we just need to sign a contract."
    "Okay then, just give me it and(if there's not actually a contract please tell me in a PM) and I'll look it over." Says Jacob.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base Lab]

A small golem brings Dipsnig a file. He produces a contract form from it. It simply states that the undersigned is to become a member of MERC, with all the benefits and requirements it brings. He gets access to member-only missions, facilities and health-care, but is under the authority of Dipsnig Razortooth and his lieutenants, Dena Xifhara and Kirk Locke.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Mountain Base Lab]

A small golem brings Dipsnig a file. He produces a contract form from it. It simply states that the undersigned is to become a member of MERC, with all the benefits and requirements it brings. He gets access to member-only missions, facilities and health-care, but is under the authority of Dipsnig Razortooth and his lieutenants, Dena Xifhara and Kirk Locke.
    Jacob(In assuming we don't have to go through the trouble of defeating the evil wizard to get a pen or something) signs the contract.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base Lab]

Dipsnig hands the contract to the golem so it can be filed away, then extends a hand to Jacob.

"Welcome to MERC, then. Good to have you onboard."

30. - Top - End - #90
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Skyside Office]

Is that...a customer?
    Is that Nadas Xar'cha walking in here and taking a form to fill out?
    The scholar has probably seen better days; his robe is dirty and his eyes have bags under them, he's a little hunched over and his skin isn't a healthy color.
    "Hello? I'm looking to hire some help."
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2016-10-31 at 06:40 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine