New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: MERC XVII: You Can't Take the Pay From Me

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Mountain Base Lab]

Dipsnig hands the contract to the golem so it can be filed away, then extends a hand to Jacob.

"Welcome to MERC, then. Good to have you onboard."
    Jacob shakes his hand.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base Lab]

"That's about it, for now," Dipsnig says. "You're free to work on what you want, and I'll contact you if I need anything specific. I know that mercenaries don't like someone breathing down their necks. If you want a place to lay low for a while and do some steady work, we've got a security detail contract in Riverside... two-thirds of it, to be specific."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Mountain Base Lab]

"That's about it, for now," Dipsnig says. "You're free to work on what you want, and I'll contact you if I need anything specific. I know that mercenaries don't like someone breathing down their necks. If you want a place to lay low for a while and do some steady work, we've got a security detail contract in Riverside... two-thirds of it, to be specific."
    "I'll do any work available" says Jacob.( You have a customer right now) "So what 'steady work' are you talking about?"
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base Lab]

"The people in charge of Nortside and Westside districts of Riverside are supplementing their security force with us," Dipsnig explains. "So we keep the peace and uphold the law. Not a bad deal."

[Skyside Office]

"What sort of help?" asks a purple-skinned troll clerk.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Skyside Office]

"Someone's trying to kill me, and I'm keen on staying alive. I know you don't do assassinations, I just need to disappear. Maybe fake my own death."
    Nadas looks the clerk over, and glances around the room, too nervous to look straight.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

A small, one man fighter lands outside. The hatch opens and there steps out a man in green battle scarred armor that fully covers his body. He is carrying a Colt .45, IWI Tavor with a double drum magazine (beta mag) and Reflex sight, A Blue colored shotgun of unidentifiable model (although it's easy to tell that it's semiautomatic), and a flintlock pistol ((yes, a flintlock pistol, I'm being serious)) with red runes glowing on it which seem Nordic in origin. He walks up to the door and knocks on it and says with a deep voice that would terrify any normal person "My name is Tier, and I wish to join your organization. I believe I can offer some services to your group that you would find beneficial."
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Mountain Base Lab]

"The people in charge of Nortside and Westside districts of Riverside are supplementing their security force with us," Dipsnig explains. "So we keep the peace and uphold the law. Not a bad deal."
    "I'll take it but first I'll have all look around." Says Jacob. He slowly starts walking away.(Another person wants to join)

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain Base Lab ==> Front Door]

Dipsnig looks at his bracer.

"Looks like someone is... hiring us to make them disappear? That's a new one, I must say. Usually it's the other way around. Sounds like it's up your alley. Anyway, feel free to explore. I'm going to see who's at the door."

The front door of the base slides open silently for the newcomer. It reveals a wide receiving room, with armchairs, desks and a fireplace.

[Skyside Office]

If the clerk is surprised, he's not showing it.

"We can certainly find someone to help you in this. What are you offering as payment?"

9. - Top - End - #99

Default [Skyside Office]

'Nadas' nods.
    "I've got a wizard's spellbook and cash, <a month's pay from a bad job> that I can offer. 'S that going to do it?"
    He unbuckles the book from his belt and offers it out for inspection.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

[Skyside Office]

"Let me examine the spellbook, first," the clerk says, as he does just that.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

[Mountain Base Lab ==> Front Door]

Dipsnig looks at his bracer.

"Looks like someone is... hiring us to make them disappear? That's a new one, I must say. Usually it's the other way around. Sounds like it's up your alley. Anyway, feel free to explore. I'm going to see who's at the door."

The front door of the base slides open silently for the newcomer. It reveals a wide receiving room, with armchairs, desks and a fireplace.
    Tier walks in and says to the person at the door. "This is quite a place you have here, the person who recommended me this business certainly recommended the best. But enough with the praising, I know for a fact that flattery gets you nowhere. Anyways, my greeting is becoming too long, so let me introduce myself, my name is Tier, and I heard of some great job prospects at this establishment."
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

[Front Door]

The person turns out to be the short, brown-skinned goblin with red eyes from his player's avatar. He scrutinizes Tier closely.

"And so you want to join. Full membership, I assume, otherwise you wouldn't have come up here to speak with me in person."

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

[Front Door]

The person turns out to be the short, brown-skinned goblin with red eyes from his player's avatar. He scrutinizes Tier closely.

"And so you want to join. Full membership, I assume, otherwise you wouldn't have come up here to speak with me in person."
    "That's true. As with all mercenaries, I'll work with you for a price. However, I'm not going to say I'm the best, since everyone says that. You can be the judge of that by my past and future performance." says Tier. He then pauses, as if to remember something and says "Apologies for not being so heavily armed, usually I'm carrying more firepower than this, but I wasn't expecting a fight here, nor was I expected the need to kill anyone on the spot."

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    "That's true. As with all mercenaries, I'll work with you for a price. However, I'm not going to say I'm the best, since everyone says that. You can be the judge of that by my past and future performance." says Tier. He then pauses, as if to remember something and says "Apologies for not being so heavily armed, usually I'm carrying more firepower than this, but I wasn't expecting a fight here, nor was I expected the need to kill anyone on the spot."
    Jacob has not fully left the room yet so he goes back to see the newer comer. He stands in the back and I would describe his facial expression but you can't see it.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

15. - Top - End - #105

Default [Skyside Office]

The book is a real spellbook from a real wizard who is definitely the same one bringing it in. Probably not his main spellbook - what wizard would give that up? - but they can make copies just as well. A lot of it covers manipulating spirits - summoning, warding, astral projection.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

[Front Door]

Dipsnig's ears twitch. That's supposed to be "not heavily armed". Well, moving on.

"Past and future, you say. I'm interested in your past performance right now. Do you have any references or proof of past jobs well done?"

[Skyside Office]

The troll clerk is hardly a wizard, but he knows enough about magic to tell that the book is genuine.

"This book and your money will suffice. I assume the matter is urgent, so you can stay here while I contact our main base and see how quickly a member can handle your problem."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

[Front Door]

Dipsnig's ears twitch. That's supposed to be "not heavily armed". Well, moving on.

"Past and future, you say. I'm interested in your past performance right now. Do you have any references or proof of past jobs well done?"
    "I have lots of proof, so if you want to hear it all, you might be here for a while." Starts Tier "I just recently carried out a job for an anonymous client. I'm not sure what his name was, but I have his contact info here" Tier hands him a business card. ((He's played by Green Elf)) "Besides that, I ended up doing plenty of other things too. I have helped win a civil war in a country in a former part of countries known as Russia and Kazakhstan known as Dushal. A group known as the Blue Mask hired me, a seriously under powered group with gear that hasn't advanced since the 1950's. I simply went to the President's and Supreme Commander's complex and singlehandedly killed everyone there, and they were pretty impressively armed, With modern weapons and armor. I even got this shotgun from them." Tier tugs on the shotgun on his shoulder. "I've carried out over 600 successful operations, this last one was 601 actually, and have not only killed entire squads singlehandedly, I killed things that people say don't exist. vampires, werewolves, the undead, wizards, aliens, and some other things I don't feel the need to name. I've also been able to pick up skills in many kinds of combat, and I've amassed an arsenal of both normal and magic weapons." Tier stops and pulls out the oddly decorated flintlock. He hands it to him by the handle and says "You like magic, right? How about you give this a shot. But I recommend that you have a safe space to shoot it, and you wear some shades."
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2016-11-02 at 05:04 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    "I have lots of proof, so if you want to hear it all, you might be here for a while." Starts Tier "I just recently carried out a job for an anonymous client. I'm not sure what his name was, but I have his contact info here" Tier hands him a business card. ((He's played by Green Elf)) "Besides that, I ended up doing plenty of other things too. I have helped win a civil war in a country in a former part of countries known as Russia and Kazakhstan known as Dushal. A group known as the Blue Mask hired me, a seriously under powered group with gear that hasn't advanced since the 1950's. I simply went to the President's and Supreme Commander's complex and singlehandedly killed everyone there, and they were pretty impressively armed, With modern weapons and armor. I even got this shotgun from them." Tier tugs on the shotgun on his shoulder. "I've carried out over 600 successful operations, this last one was 601 actually, and have not only killed entire squads singlehandedly, I killed things that people say don't exist. vampires, werewolves, the undead, wizards, aliens, and some other things I don't feel the need to name. I've also been able to pick up skills in many kinds of combat, and I've amassed an arsenal of both normal and magic weapons." Tier stops and pulls out the oddly decorated flintlock. He hands it to him by the handle and says "You like magic, right? How about you give this a shot. But I recommend that you have a safe space to shoot it, and you wear some shades."
    Jacob walks up still staying behind Dipsnig and says, "I'm sorry Tier but vampires, werewolves, the undead, wizards, and aliens exist and I believe people know that." He turns to Dipsnig. "He's a great worker though. He's strong and gets the job done no matter what. If you want anything besides blowing up a door with two pounds of Semtex and killing everyone inside, I'd choose someone else."

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

[Front Door]

Dipsnig glances down at the business card, considering it more substantial than the bragging, which may or may not be true. His ear flicks towards Jacob.

"You know him, then? Quite a coincidence you'd both show up at almost the same time. Or is it not a coincidence?"

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

[Front Door]

Dipsnig glances down at the business card, considering it more substantial than the bragging, which may or may not be true. His ear flicks towards Jacob.

"You know him, then? Quite a coincidence you'd both show up at almost the same time. Or is it not a coincidence?"
    "It's a complete coincidence, I'm usually lone wolf. It's just that I carried out a job for the same person who he works for." says Tier. He looks at the other person and says "I'm also not bad as a marksman, and I can implement guerrilla tactics. However, since I was unsure of how many hostiles there were in that operation, I decided to blow up whoever was standing at the door. If you don't want me to use explosions, incineration, or lead bullets, just tell me.
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2016-11-02 at 08:30 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111

Default [Skyside Office]

"That's true. The sooner, the better."

'Nadas' looks around and shuffles over to wait by the wall.
    These people are professionals.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

The business card says(I would like another turn):

MERCENARY WORK AND OTHER STUFF.
    Call (602)-4766-8446 or (602)-977-1900

YOU MUST CALL OR ACCEPT A CONTRACT TO SEE WHAT WE ACTUALLY DO.

(Ha! The court has no evidence!)

Is this even a real business card? Who knows?

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

[Front Door]

Dipsnig looks at the card and his ears twitch.

"If I called them and asked about you, would they admit to having known and hired you?"

He'd rather have something more substantial than Tier's recounting. He glances down at his bracer.

"The contract I mentioned to you went through," he tells Jacob. "Interested? It's urgent, as you can imagine."

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

[Front Door]

"If I called them and asked about you, would they admit to having known and hired you?"

He'd rather have something more substantial than Tier's recounting. He glances down at his bracer.

"The contract I mentioned to you went through," he tells Jacob. "Interested? It's urgent, as you can imagine."
    "That they would." Says Tier, he also reached into one of his leg compartments and pulls out a rectangular prism which looks like a black square with a monitor and a few buttons. He hands it to Dipsnig and says "also, if you want any more proof, I recorded all 601 operations on my helmet. I write my next resume as I do my job. Also, you will notice that these clips are raw footage, none of this has been edited. As I was talking to you, I realized that I sounded like I was boasting. I just want you to know that I walk the talk."

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Front Door]

"I'll take the job. Where to?"Says Jacob.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

26. - Top - End - #116
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Skyside Office]

And there steps Fade in. He has heared from the new job and the informations are a bit small so he went over to check them out.

He heads for 'Nadas'.

"I'm a Merc member. Can you give me more informations about the job?" his soundless voice says.

((Should there be any other member want to take the job, feel free to appear.))
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

[Front Door]

"Go to our office in Skyside," Dipsnig tells Jacob. He'll provide directions if necessary. "The client is waiting there."

He then looks down at the prism.

"Well then. Let's take a seat and watch some of it, shall we?"

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

[Front Door]

"Go to our office in Skyside," Dipsnig tells Jacob. He'll provide directions if necessary. "The client is waiting there."

He then looks down at the prism.

"Well then. Let's take a seat and watch some of it, shall we?"
    "Sure, just don't show this to your kids. It can get... gruesome." Says Tier. If Dipsnig turns it on, he will see numbers in the top right corner that says 1/602. The first clip is just a first person view of Tier looking around in what looks like a small space ship and saying "This is a test, this is a test." However, if he goes to the next one, he will find a thumbnail of a first person view of Tier with a man with a ski mask and what looks like a much newer model of the M4. Ahead of him in some desert looking place, looking on to a fort with concrete walls and what looks like four sniper towers.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

nt Door --> Skyside Office]

Jacob walks to his jet and takes off.

Jacob walks into the office and heads towards Fade. "I heard there's a job that needs to be done. That would be for you?" He says to Nadas.

((If you want a character description you can find it right before I talk to Dipsnig.))
    Last edited by Green Elf; 2016-11-05 at 01:13 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120

Default [Skyside Office]

Nadas looks Fade over. This place gets weirder and weirder.

"Yeah. Is that how this works?"
    Now, how to explain this?
    "I had a run-in with an evil wizard and now there's this woman trying to kill me. Ilpholin Xar'cha, out of Riverside. I need that to not happen and I'm not particular how."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine