New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: MERC XVII: You Can't Take the Pay From Me

[Lobby]

"As long as the job gets done," Dipsnig says. "It appears you're indeed experienced, and you can be useful to us. I can grant you membership."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Lobby]

"As long as the job gets done," Dipsnig says. "It appears you're indeed experienced, and you can be useful to us. I can grant you membership."
    "I'd gladly accept. Where and when do I sign on?" says Tier.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

[Lobby]

Dipsnig taps a crystal on a complicated-looking bracer on his wrist. A small golem hovers in, bearing a membership contract. It states that Tier would become a MERC member, gaining access to their resources and exclusive jobs, but subjecting himself to the authority of Dipsnig and his lieutenants.

The contract requires his signature, along with a full name and contact information.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Skyside Office]

"Very well." Fade says. Then his shadow starts to animate and stands next to him. With a nod from the real one , the shadwo steps forward to Nadasshadow and will slip into it. The process to copy someones shadow needs a bit and Nadas might have a strange feeling like someone removes a plaster. While they wait, Fade looks back at Jacob.

"I think you should tell us your idea in generell. I hope you didn#t planned to head for her home with the cropse in hand.
    As fora wizard. I'm can't tell you if there is someone here, but if you really need it, you could go for Mallside and by items to do the effekt you want. Still I prefere to hear through it first."
    "My plan was to have Nadas go to wherever the demon hunter is and when she notices get the wizard would teleport in the corpse and Nadas out. I would then falsely kill the corpse and escape. Nadas then falls to you to get her into hiding of she needs it." Says Jacob.

((Is the demon hunter a PC?))
    ((I know it's a little hard but please check your spelling))
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

[Lobby]

Dipsnig taps a crystal on a complicated-looking bracer on his wrist. A small golem hovers in, bearing a membership contract. It states that Tier would become a MERC member, gaining access to their resources and exclusive jobs, but subjecting himself to the authority of Dipsnig and his lieutenants.

The contract requires his signature, along with a full name and contact information.
    Tier silently signs the document. He then says "I know I just signed on, but I have a question to ask you. It's for... security reasons. Do you know of an elf with a limp working here with a gnome robot? She saved someone I killed on my last contract. Now normally, I wouldn't care, I could just leave the country and be safe under diplomatic immunity. However here, there is no where to hide, and there was a witness to me killing someone and blowing up a building. I don't want to be endlessly hunted down by the authorities as long as possible."
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

6. - Top - End - #156
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Skyside Office]

Nadas shivers as the shadows overlap, and looks over to Jacob.

((Yes, and one could say the same to you.))

"That sounds pretty dangerous. Wasn't there a more indirect way for this, Fade?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Skyside Office]

((What Recaiden said.))

"In the basic, it sounds like my idea." Fade says.
    "But I would make researches. We need to find a location Ilpholin Xar'cha will pass by, can see us as we fake the murder and can't directly head over to us. Even if we get the teleportation, we need a moment out of her vision to do it.
    And I say it again. The effect on the cropse is temorary. If we pass it to Ilpholin Xar'cha, she will find out that it is fake. I think it's best, if we handle the cropse like there is a bounty on it. Ilpholin Xar'cha doesn't need to know we are from MERC."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

[Lobby]

"An elf with a limp and a robot?" Dipsnig thinks for a moment. "No one like that works here. Not as a full member, anyway. And I can't remember a license being issued to someone like that, either."

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

[Lobby]

"An elf with a limp and a robot?" Dipsnig thinks for a moment. "No one like that works here. Not as a full member, anyway. And I can't remember a license being issued to someone like that, either."
    "Alright, I'll check for her myself when I get the chance. In the meantime, do you have a job for me to do? I can start right away."

10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Nadas shivers as the shadows overlap, and looks over to Jacob.

((Yes, and one could say the same to you.))

"That sounds pretty dangerous. Wasn't there a more indirect way for this, Fade?"
    [Skyside Office]

((What Recaiden said.))

"In the basic, it sounds like my idea." Fade says.
    "But I would make researches. We need to find a location Ilpholin Xar'cha will pass by, can see us as we fake the murder and can't directly head over to us. Even if we get the teleportation, we need a moment out of her vision to do it.
    And I say it again. The effect on the cropse is temorary. If we pass it to Ilpholin Xar'cha, she will find out that it is fake. I think it's best, if we handle the cropse like there is a bounty on it. Ilpholin Xar'cha doesn't need to know we are from MERC."
    "I can't see an indirect way to do this" says Jacob. "I could disentigrate the corpse."
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

[Lobby]

"There are no member-exclusive contracts at the moment," Dipsnig says. "You can join our security detail in Riverside, if you want."

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

[Lobby]

"There are no member-exclusive contracts at the moment," Dipsnig says. "You can join our security detail in Riverside, if you want."
    "Alright, I'll be there, but if you don't mind, I'm going to make a stop along the way, so I might be a while." Says Tier. He walks out the door and heads for his ship.

13. - Top - End - #163

[Skyside Office]

"Desintegration could be used after we confirm that the hunter thinks it is our client." Fade replies. By th time now, the shadow should be done and will crawl out of Nadas shadow, holding the copy in hand. fade grabs under his rags and pulls out a small box. The shadow copy is put in there and Fade puts the box back under his rags.

"I guess I should start to make some research. Since you mentioned a connection to AMEN i head for Vigil. They might have informations."

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Skyside Office]

"Desintegration could be used after we confirm that the hunter thinks it is our client." Fade replies. By th time now, the shadow should be done and will crawl out of Nadas shadow, holding the copy in hand. fade grabs under his rags and pulls out a small box. The shadow copy is put in there and Fade puts the box back under his rags.

"I guess I should start to make some research. Since you mentioned a connection to AMEN i head for Vigil. They might have informations."
    "Research as in how to capture an AMEN member, hopefully you know which one, and interrogate him and kill him afterwards? What else am I supposed to research?" Asks Jacob.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside the Main Base

A sleek high performance sports car drives up to the base parking near the door. Red and shiny it looks like something James Bond would drive in the mountains. It doesn't speed up and spin in place like in a movie. The driver goes slow wary of ice on the cold road, and not fully trusting her own skill in driving a car like this.

Cait climbs out quickly wrapping herself in her new winter jacket. A sleek white coat that looks too thin to be doing much good. She walks to the main entrance and will ring a bell or knock loudly depending on if there is obvious doorbell.
    Last edited by McBish; 2016-11-17 at 12:49 PM.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside the Main Base]

The door slides open for Cait, revealing a circular foyer, occupied by chairs and warmed by a fireplace.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Foyer]

Cait quickly moves inside glancing around as she enters. She moves over to the fireplace and warms her hands. She is a young human woman looking like she is in her early 30's. All her clothes seem new like she has just gotten them.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

[Foyer]

Soon enough, the boss goblin himself comes into the foyer.

"Welcome. How may MERC help you today?"

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Foyer]

Cait turns to face him with a smile, looking him over quickly. "Hello I am hoping to rent a mage. Or rather I am hoping to get a spell cast to confirm a certain person hasn't been in the city Inside. Do you think you have someone her who could help with that?"
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

[Foyer]

"Indeed, we do," Dipsnig says. "We have a full-time employee who specializes in divination spells, among other things. I can ask her how quickly she can perform such a spell. The price will depend on how difficult it will end up being."

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Foyer]

Cait nods happy to hear she has come to the right place. "Excellent. I am sure we can come to an arrangement for payment. I was been hoping we might be able to work something out in trade. I would like to take care of this as soon as possible and I am hoping to keep the whole thing discreet."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

[Foyer]

"Discretion is our speciality," Dipsnig assures her, before sending a quick message to Astrana, asking her for availability.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Foyer]

Cait nods and moves to take a seat. "That is good to hear. It's hard to judge a groups discretion based on rumors on the street." Cait says with a little grin. She takes off her coat folding it over one arm as she takes a seat, looking like a proper young lady, except for the grin.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

24. - Top - End - #174

Quote Originally Posted by Green Elf View Post
    "Research as in how to capture an AMEN member, hopefully you know which one, and interrogate him and kill him afterwards? What else am I supposed to research?" Asks Jacob.
    [Skyside Office]

"It would be wise if you start to listen." Fade says. "She could be an ex member or not. A good mercanary will make research to know your target. I guess the boss wouldn't like it if you die and cause us trouble by provoking the wrong people."

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Skyside Office]

"It would be wise if you start to listen." Fade says. "She could be an ex member or not. A good mercanary will make research to know your target. I guess the boss wouldn't like it if you die and cause us trouble by provoking the wrong people."
    "Well you could have specified to research about the target. Hey, I just noticed something. You were all about not fighting and then you called the demon hunter a target. You're really consistent with how you think. Also, I'm pretty sure you have someone with divine magic. Couldn't you just remove the curse and hand her over safely? That is why she's being hunted, isn't it?" Says Jacob.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

26. - Top - End - #176

[Foyer]

Astrana soon enters the foyer. She is dressed in a white business shirt combine with a short black skirt from where her tail emerges, moving back and fourth as she sways over. "Hello, I'm Astrana. Nice to meet you." She says with a smile, offering her hand to shake, the other hand holding a black notebook pressed against her chest. "Who is the person you wish to scry for? I will need everything you have on them, name, photos, description... the more you have, the more potent the spell will be."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Foyer]

Cait stands and shakes Astrana's hand. "Pleased to meet you, I am Cait. The man's name is Addran Koresh. He is a human fifty... No he is 61 now, though he probably still appears in his early 40's. She seems to do some mental arithmetic to get his age. "I don't have any photos, but he is a big man probably around 6'3" maybe just over 200 pounds. Plus he is my father. He is very dangerous and I just want, need to make sure he hasn't followed me here."

She had argued with herself about if she should reveal their connection. But the little she knows about scrying she figures she might be able to provide a connection to him through their shared blood.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

28. - Top - End - #178

[Skyside Office]

"A target is not allways something you need to kill." Fade replies. "And I have already told you why I don't want to force a fight.
    "Nadas asked for our help, not the huntress. I guess if that was an option, Nadas might have come to it by himself."

29. - Top - End - #179

[Foyer]

"Your father? That should make it easier. Would you mind donating a drop of blood or a strain of hair to make the spell easier? You'll get it back once I'm done." Astrana replies.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Foyer]

Cait looks grim like she can only can when talking about her father. "That is what I thought. It won't be a problem." Though she is relived that Astrana stated that any materials provided would be returned. She gives a sigh like she isn't sure she wants to share this next bit but knows she has to. "He is also a magic user of some power. Mostly summoning and transfiguration but he may have some sort of protection against being scryed against. I was hoping we could confirm that he hasn't been in the city here lately?"
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?