New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Kitsune Sorcerer Optimization

Hi. I'm building a Sorcerer who is entirely focus on enchantment spells. I somewhat have a build made, but it has a lot holes in it and may not be fully optimized and could use some advice on it.

Race- Kitsune, for the bonus on charm spell and their favored class bonus

class. sorcerer

Archetype- Crossblooded(fey/serpentine) chose this combo for the bonus on compulsion spells and being able to effect animals, magical beasts, and monstrous humanoids. Losing a spell of each level and a -2 to will hurts but does the bonuses outweigh them.

Feats
    1 -spell focus (enchantment)
    3 -greater spell focus (enchantment)
    5 -Eldritch Heritage (arcane, arcane bond)
    7 spell focus (necromancy)
    9 -Improved Eldritch Heritage (arcane 3rd or 9th ability can't decide which)
    11 -Threnodic Spell
    17 -Greater Eldritch Heritage (arcana, School Power)

This is all have at the moment, and none of it is set in stone. Is there any changes I should make, anything I should add/remove.
    Thank you.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Kitsune Sorcerer Optimization

I'd have to actually go back and do some digging into some theorycrafting I had done a long time ago, but two things come to mind immediately: Persistent Spell Metamagic and Spell Perfection, and Bloodline Familiars vs Eldritch Heritage. Persistent Spell forces your target(s) to roll twice and take the worst result, which is extremely useful for making SURE your target doesn't make their save. Spell perfection will be kind of fiddly, because you'll have to look at the spells you intend to use most and pick one that you're sure will see the most use. Bloodline Familiar lets you swap out your 1st level bloodline ability for a bloodline familiar, at the cost of delaying your bloodline spells by one level. I bring this up because I'm not sure how legal taking Eldritch Heritage on a sorcerer is, though your group may be different, and I'm not quite sure what you're shooting for.

Bloodline-wise, personally I'd rather go pure Arcane (or Fey) and branch out from just enchantment spells.