New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Post Ranger/Archer build

Hi guys. I have a 6th level ranger that is about to level up. He just got a +2 bonus to any ability I want to put it on.

The problem is............. low damage 1d8+2 per arrow. I'm looking to up his damage any way possible. Thinking about Arcane Archer but dont know enuff about them so here I am.

He is a Fetchling 6th Ranger using a longbow +1 or two short sword +2. I have about 30000 gp to spend as soon as I level.
    Stats are S13, Dex 18 nat (26 magically enhanced), Con 12 (18 magically enhanced), Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 10.

Feats are 2 weapon defense, 2 weapon fighting, weapon finesse short sword, Endurance, Improved precise shot (granted), point blank shot (granted)

While this is a Pathfinder game, the DM allows almost any PRINTED feats, abilities...etc. So, where to go from here? I would like to have a newly printed character for Thursdays game so when I level up TADAA!!!! Instant character.

Looking forward for your suggestions and thanks for the help.

Yoda

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Ranger/Archer build

Rapid Shot is an absolute must for any Archer. Deadly Aim too, if you're PF. The Two-Weapon Fighting/Archery combo really doesn't work too well; Two-Weapon Defense in particular does nothing for you, and Two-Weapon Fighting falls behind the iterative attacks. Plus you don't have the Strength to do damage in melee anyways. Various isolated Bane Arrows are very convenient to have; individual Arrows cost only 1/50th of the equivalent weapon cost so +1 Bane arrows are only ~160gp a pop.

You also want to stack various weapon enhancements on your bow. And if you have a party caster who knows Greater Magic Weapon (Cleric/Wizard/etc.), ask them to cast it on your weapon each morning. Don't waste money on things like +2 Short Swords when you can get the enhancement for the price of a single Pearl of Power (that you donate your benefactor).
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Re: Ranger/Archer build

Thanks for the reply.
    This character started as a 3rd level pregen, hence the dumb 2 handed stuff beside the bow.

The +2 swords were dropped by a bbeg so werent really at a cost to me.

Again thanks for the reply.