New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Vestiges Type II

I think Red Fei would be proud. It really is well done.
    Most people see a half orc and and think barbarian warrior. Me on the other hand? I think secondary trap handler and magic item tester. Also I'm not allowed to trick the next level one wizard into starting a fist fight with a house cat no matter how annoying he is.
    Yes I know it's sarcasm. It's a joke. Pale green is for snarking
    Thread wins: 2

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ryu View Post
    I think Red Fei would be proud. It really is well done.
    With all the times he was named in the post, I'd be surprised if he doesn't show up soon.
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

Come join the new Junkyard Wars and build with SLAs and a breath weapon!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Stirge View Post
    With all the times he was named in the post, I'd be surprised if he doesn't show up soon.
    Make that will be then. It's very good work and seems to be a good mimic of his general style. I'd go so far as to call it admirable.
    Most people see a half orc and and think barbarian warrior. Me on the other hand? I think secondary trap handler and magic item tester. Also I'm not allowed to trick the next level one wizard into starting a fist fight with a house cat no matter how annoying he is.
    Yes I know it's sarcasm. It's a joke. Pale green is for snarking
    Thread wins: 2

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Oh, very well done, Zaydos.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Bind Red Fel “the First Baatezu” [Epic Vestige] (Red Fel)

You have outdone yourself. I have no words. Actually, I do. I always do.

It's such a perfect narrative of backstabbing, plotting, and conniving. It's a great origin story buried under other origin stories, each of which may or may not be true.

The powers are fantastic - fitting of an epic vestige. Immunities, resistances, and status. Telepathy, deception, summoning, teleportation. And a feat for even more. It really fits a true Archdevil. Much less of the frivolity and pretense, much more of simple, sheer domination. The Vestige's appearance reflects this as well - it's not about talk, or smirking, or schemes, it's simply there, and it extends its rod and now the pact is done and you are mine. There's something elegant about the simplicity of absolute dominance.

This is superlative.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Last edited by Draconium; 2016-10-08 at 10:37 AM.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

here is some thing for loyal paladin

Loyalpaladin paladin in the skull
    Binding dc 16
    Sign binder can stopflirting with females
    Manifestationhuman skull hovering in reded wisp appears in the sign
    Granted abilities

• Enslaving smite loyal paladin shares with you some of the dark secrets of smiting as standard action you can attack one opponent who is opposite sex then you with melee attack she must made will save (dc20 + binder level + your charisma score) if fails she fells love with you
    • Loopholes of good loyal paladin shows you how to constantly release good aura even in dire situations as long as you bind loyal paladin your alignment shows lawful good instead of your original alignment
    • Vows un done loyal paladin teaches you the secrets to cheat in sachet vow as long as you bind loyal paladin your sacred vows are suppressed
    • Benefits of divine servant loyal paladin shares with you his physical gifts as long as you bind loyal paladin you gain divine grace feature of paladin class

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    here is some thing for loyal paladin

Loyalpaladin paladin in the skull
    Binding dc 16
    Sign binder can stopflirting with females
    Manifestationhuman skull hovering in reded wisp appears in the sign
    Granted abilities

• Enslaving smite loyal paladin shares with you some of the dark secrets of smiting as standard action you can attack one opponent who is opposite sex then you with melee attack she must made will save (dc20 + binder level + your charisma score) if fails she fells love with you
    • Loopholes of good loyal paladin shows you how to constantly release good aura even in dire situations as long as you bind loyal paladin your alignment shows lawful good instead of your original alignment
    • Vows un done loyal paladin teaches you the secrets to cheat in sachet vow as long as you bind loyal paladin your sacred vows are suppressed
    • Benefits of divine servant loyal paladin shares with you his physical gifts as long as you bind loyal paladin you gain divine grace feature of paladin class
    Okay, am I the only one who finds the first feature really inappropriate? The sign's also a little weird, though that may just be the wording.

This applies to other vestiges by this poster, too.
    Last edited by Inevitability; 2016-10-08 at 12:13 PM.

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, am I the only one who finds the first feature really inappropriate? The sign's also a little weird, though that may just be the wording.

This applies to other vestiges by this poster, too.
    what the one for segev relax lp and snow are basicly what the vestige shows only they have high perform checks so they act as paladin alday want
    as for oddness of vestige you get used to it if few treats its always look dysfunctional in first few treats

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    what the one for segev relax lp and snow are basicly what the vestige shows only they have high perform checks so they act as paladin alday want
    as for oddness of vestige you get used to it if few treats its always look dysfunctional in first few treats
    Not gonna try to decipher this.

I'm pretty sure LoyalPaladin (you know, the forum's exemplar of Lawful Good) isn't going to be happy with what amounts to hitting someone so hard they are compelled to love you.

Let me ask the question in a different way: how exactly do you rationalize the choice for this ability? Ignoring the rapeyness, weird wording, and illogical mechanics, the only way in which you connect this ability with LP is by saying both are about hitting people.

Extended signature!

11. - Top - End - #221

Aw.... no LordOfCain vestige yet....
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Imagine how many problems you can solve, how many ways you can help your friends, when not constrained by paltry morality! Imagine how much good you can achieve when you're willing to go to any length to achieve it! Imagine the monsters you can slay when you are the greatest monster of them all!
    Company Website: http://lernaeanstudio.com
    PF 3pp Subreddit I Mod: r/Pathfinder3pp

12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    Undead, Xoriat, apocalyptic manga references... I like it. Very creepy, very fun, and seems in a pretty good spot balance-wise for an 8th-level vestige. The adaptive magic immunity is an especially cool ability.

That being said, 12 pounds is a huge quantity of food. Most people don't even eat half that much in a day.

Vestiges normally have to be summoned within one minute of their seal being drawn, and special requirements usually take a bit of effort but aren't too grueling. I feel like it'd be better to keep the flesh consumption where it is for the influence, but bring it down to a mouthful or two of the stuff for the special requirement. Maybe add the Scavenging Gullet feat from Lords of Madness as another granted power, so the binder can meet the influence's requirements in lieu of eating normal meals.
    Glad you like it. I'll fix it later, I can't think right now...head hurts..party..wooo. I'll change the special requi.rement :v
    Pew pew

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    -snip the gifs-

You have outdone yourself. I have no words. Actually, I do. I always do.

It's such a perfect narrative of backstabbing, plotting, and conniving. It's a great origin story buried under other origin stories, each of which may or may not be true.

The powers are fantastic - fitting of an epic vestige. Immunities, resistances, and status. Telepathy, deception, summoning, teleportation. And a feat for even more. It really fits a true Archdevil. Much less of the frivolity and pretense, much more of simple, sheer domination. The Vestige's appearance reflects this as well - it's not about talk, or smirking, or schemes, it's simply there, and it extends its rod and now the pact is done and you are mine. There's something elegant about the simplicity of absolute dominance.

This is superlative.

Gifs good, useful to revitalize necrotic essences, yes.

Apparently that's a gif of a hungry dragon
    Thank you, though I personally don't believe the tale. After all it comes from a fiend, and fiends lie, but I tried to make it as consistent with existing planar lore as I could. It doesn't mesh with Asmodeus as half of an overdeity, the Pact Primeval as presented in FCII (which outright called it a myth that wasn't necessarily true), or wholly with Dragon #91 (Gargoth is presented as having left around when Beherit was ousted as the Lord of the Sixth... of course other sources present that not having happened), or with Dragon #28 (which actively referenced real world history and manuals on exorcism and told how Beelzebub overthrew Satan) but I tried to weave elements of them all in, and go primarily on the 2e Planescape lore (which was the middle chunk of time between all these) since it's the only one that was expounded upon and internally self-consistent although almost completely silent on the origins of the Lords of the Nine... since they weren't allowed to detail them... with just a bit about how at some point after the division of larvae the archfiends started popping up. Though it's not wholly consistent even with the Planescape lore because the yugoloths have an entity that knows the name of every Baatezu (and Tanar'ri) and runs the diabolic and demonic teleportation network, so they were probably involved in the original shaping and naming. Of course it doesn't preclude them being involved, we don't get details into Beelzebub's job, or if he made a backdoor deal with the 'loths.

Of course that'd be for another story, and if everything added up perfectly where would the fun in that be?

Consulting my favorite on call sage he had this to say, "Actually my guess would be that Red Fel didn't create Asmodeus, Beelzebub, Gargoth, or Dispater but was merely one of the first archfiends to develop, possibly still actually the first, and was the original leader or at least approached the position first. Probably was involved in putting limits upon the promotion of fiends to make other archfiends stop appearing spontaneously because they'd always be a threat. Oh and Asmodeus probably had a legal loophole that allowed him to strike Red Fel down instead of acting in an extremely non-Lawful fashion of betrayal. But this would just be my guesses as a planar sage.

-Zasper the Dragon Sage, not a professional planar sage, grand archmage of the 7 courts, master of the 9 spells of power, wizard of the falling star, sorcerer of the unrisen sun, he of many titles, friend to Bahamut, lord of the dance, He Who Flew From the Rainbow, Liberator of Arschelo...[/i] You know what I'm cutting off his titles, he's always adding more. Yes yes, spend 10 years cozying up to a mortal court and they'll make you an archmage and give you a pretty name, it's not impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfCain View Post
    Aw.... no LordOfCain vestige yet....
    All I know about you is that I'm not allowed to even look at your reflection. It makes it hard to get more information.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Also this is what happens when I'm fed gifs...

Bind Snowbluff “the Winter of Love” [Epic Vestige] (Snowbluff)

A goddess of winter who gave up her immortality to be with the one she loved and who loved her not.
    Prerequisites: Ability to bind 8th level vestiges, Knowledge (nature) 28 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 28 ranks), special.
    Special: To learn to bind Snowbluff “the Winter of Love” one must kill a being they perceive as a love rival in the depths of a snow storm and draw Snowbluff’s seal in their blood (this is a one time requirement).
    Benefit: You may bind the epic vestige known as Snowbluff “the Winter of Love”.
    Legend: Once there was a far northern kingdom wracked with horrible winters. The king and queen of the kingdom had a single heir, a youth surpassingly fair, with hair of ringlets like spun gold, and eyes the blue of the sky. So handsome was this youth that as he reached the flower of youth, those first steps out from childhood into adulthood he charmed the very heart of the goddess of winter. She took on a human guise to grow close to him, a human avatar that found work in the palace near his side.

The traditional harsh winter of the land did not strike that year, instead they called it the long summer, for not once did it freeze. That was till his fiancée arrived from a southern kingdom; an arranged marriage between the two ruling houses. The goddess would not have any of it. For two weeks she watched them together till, just before spring would have begun, the princess began her return journey. That was when a freak blizzard struck, the temperature dropping 30 degrees overnight, and the winds causing snow to fall across the road in an avalanche killing the princess and her entourage.

The mild winter, warm even for spring, resumed the next day after that single freak snowstorm. That was until the prince took a lover, a commoner lass, one of the maids who worked in the castle. This filled the goddess with ire, and the woman was found frozen solid, and whispers began that the prince was cursed.

Years passed, the Golden Years as they were called for it was warm enough to grow great fields of wheat, to live in ease without fear of frozen death in the night. That was as long as none grew close to the prince, for whenever he showed affection for another they were struck down and storms of ice would rage. He grew distant and aloof, afraid of contact with others, and the goddess still in her mortal guise attempted to approach him.

At last they grew close for she was the only one who did not fear him, the only one who looked at him with love and was not struck down. They became lovers for a brief time, before he began to question why. He confronted her, accusing her of having killed his friends, his loves, his fiancée, and she confessed it all, confessed how she was the goddess of winter and snow, how she had fallen in love with his beauty, and how it was her will that had sheltered his kingdom for all these years.

He rejected her, saying that her actions were unbefitting for a god and fit only for a demon. Thus he rebuffed the goddess and she was thrown into a great rage. Snow raged about the castle and she demanded that he swallow those words, that he wed her to make it up to her. He refused.

In her rage the goddess froze the castle and surrounding country, sealing ‘her prince’ into a block of ice. Cursing him and his kingdom to stay frozen till he repented those words and would be hers forevermore, she attempted to shed her mortal form and could not. She tried again and yet could not. And again, and again she failed, for the other gods had stolen her godhood piece by piece while she dallied in the mortal realms, and with this last act of petty rage on the Prime they had gone from merely opportunistically carving at her domain to acting in direct alignment with deific law and had judged her in absence unfit to be among their numbers. She was a goddess no more.

The former winter goddess lived and died in the frozen kingdom, wasting away at the side of the prince who would never return her love.

Manifestation: Snow begins to fall all around you, ice coating everything within 100 ft (or line of effect) and fog filling the area. This fog concentrates over the seal before solidifying into the shape of a beautiful, blonde haired woman with heterochromatic eyes.

Sign: Breath fogs in your presence regardless of the actual temperature.

Influence: While under Snowbluff’s influence you will not abide by a rival for your love’s affection, and must take action against any such rival.

Granted Powers:

Freeze the Heart: As a swift action you may render a creature within line of sight incapable of receiving morale bonuses and immune to fear. A Will save negates this effect, but any morale bonuses to saving throws do not apply against it. This effect lasts until you expel Snowbluff (or die).

Heart of Winter: While you are on a plane you may cause the ambient temperature across the plane to drop by 1 temperature band. This only affects ambient temperature, active heat sources (such as lava, fire, or water) still have their normal heat and effects, but the lava filled room would be cooler than the norm for a lava filled room. If you leave the plane, die, or expel Snowbluff “the Winter of Love” the plane’s temperature returns to normal; the effect of multiple binders binding Snowbluff “the Winter of Love” do not stack.

Seal in Ice: As a standard action you may invoke ice which seems to freeze a creature entirely. They take Dexterity damage equal to your binder level plus your Charisma modifier. A successful Fortitude save reduces this Dexterity damage to 3d4. If this Dexterity damage reduces a creature’s Dexterity to 0 you may choose to have ice envelop them completely. If you do so the creature is affected as if with Temporal Stasis until it is freed from the ice. The ice has hardness 30 and 20 hp per binder level you possess, but fire ignores its hardness and deals quadruple damage to the ice. The Dexterity damage dealt by this ability ignores type based immunity to ability damage, such as possessed by Constructs and Undead, and may affect creatures without a Constitution score although they gain a +8 bonus on their saving throws. Once you have used this ability you cannot use it again for 5 rounds.

Winter Made Flesh: While Snowbluff “the Winter of Love” is bound you gain Cold Immunity. In addition any creature striking you in melee without a reach weapon takes 2d6+your Charisma modifier cold damage, and your own melee attacks deal 2d6 cold damage (in addition to any damage, including cold damage, they would normally deal). A creature you grapple or that grapples you takes 6d6 cold damage per round in addition to 2d6+your Charisma modifier cold damage whenever they successfully damage you (and +2d6 cold from your own grapples).

For Contractors: You cannot deep bind epic vestiges (at least at this time, if rules are made it will probably require a feat to do so).

Vestige Mastery – Snowbluff “the Winter of Love” [Epic]
    You have made your soul home to Snowbluff “the Winter of Love” and she rewards you with the power of her rage and spurned love.
    Prerequisites: Bind Snowbluff “the Winter of Love”, Favored Vestige (Snowbluff “the Winter of Love”).
    Benefit: While Snowbluff “the Winter of Love” is bound you gain the following additional granted abilities.
    Fury of the Spurned Lover: As a swift action you may enter into the Fury of the Spurned Love. While in this fury you have the same limitations on actions as a raging barbarian, though you may use any Supernatural ability granted by a vestige you have bound, and you gain +8 Strength, +8 Charisma, and DR 8/- (this stacks with any DR you already possess) but do suffer a -2 penalty to AC. These benefits and penalties last until the start of your next turn. In addition when you use this ability you may choose to have any number of creatures within 20 ft of you forced back 10 ft further from you, although they are allowed a Fortitude save to prevent this effect. Once you have used this ability you cannot use it again for 5 rounds.

Let it Snow: As a standard action you may cause the temperature within a region of 10 miles around you to drop 100 degrees. This effect lasts for 1 week. Once you have used this ability you may not use it again for 5 rounds, and each time you bind Snowbluff “the Winter of Love”. If used twice in the same or an overlapping location its effects do not stack.

I make Yandere-Goddesses turned Vestige.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-10-08 at 10:32 PM.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, if we're doing epic vestiges anyways...

Bind Zaydos "Draconus Arcana" [Epic] (Zaydos)

A Dragon-King, lich, and Archmage of ancient times, Zaydos now lies an eternal slumber, waiting for a day of reckoning.
    Prerequisites: Ability to bind 8th-level vestiges, Knowledge (Arcana) or Knowledge (Religion) 27 ranks, special.
    Special: To bind Zaydos, you must find and decipher the Tome of Draconus Arcana, an ancient work of text written by Zaydos himself, containing all he knows on the nature of magic.
    Benefit: You may bind the epic vestige known as Zaydos "Draconus Arcana".
    Legend: Zaydos was a dragon with an immense interest in the workings of magic, and how it could affect the world. The wyrm devoted his life to to understanding it, and as time passed by, he became extraordinarily talented in manipulating arcane energy to his whim.

However, the more he understood, the more Zaydos wished to hoard this power for himself. It was simply not enough to know - to truly find the essence of magic, one must undertake every aspect of it. And as long as there existed others in the world that could use magic for themselves, Zaydos would never possess enough power alone. And so he began a grand scheme.

Zaydos began to conquer. First towns, then cities, then kingdoms, then continents. He exerted control over every inch of land that fell under his rule, using his arcane might to ensure none could stand up to him. And when he had conquered his material plane, he expanded his reach past planar bordered. He sought to kill every other mage in existence, or at least entirely subjugate them, so that all magic in existence would one day belong to him. And when his body began to fail on him, for the toll of age finally catching up to him, he simply discarded his mortal shell and descended into undeath, so determined that a small inconvenience like death or time could not stop him.

Eventually, though, the threat he posed became great enough that the heavens themselves took notice. The celestial powers banded together and fought with the dracolich in a battle so ferocious, it is said that entire planes were torn asunder from each blow struck. Zaydos cleaved through a great portion of the heavenly army with fang and spell, but even he could not last forever. He was struck down by the celestials, and his tyranny was finally ended.

However, he had not faded from existence. His phylactery still existed, guarded by so many wards than even the most powerful celestials could not break it. Instead, they simply wove their own magic into it, turning it into a prison that the wyrm's soul could never escape. Then they hid it away, so no one could accidentally free him.

But this was not the end. His magical might still lingered unhindered, and eventually formed into a powerful vestige, even if it was but a pale reflection of his power in life and undeath. This vestige is bound itself to the Tome of Draconus Arcana, a journal of sorts where the wyrm zealously hoarded his knowledge. They say that should you find the Tome, and decipher the contents, than the remnants of the dragon's might will be yours to command.

Manifestation: A faint cackling of energy is heard, just before a searing light bursts out of the ground before you. When the light fades, you find yourself standing before a floating dragon's corpse, barely decayed after all these years. The eyes of this corpse glow in seemingly random colors, and veins of energy pulse through the body. When the vestige speaks, the jaw doesn't move - rather, the voice simply manifests out of thin air, seeming to come from all directions at once.

Sign: Your pupils and veins glow with an unearthly arcane light.

Influence: While Zaydos is bound to you, you may not share any knowledge you possess that others do not, unless doing so would allow you to discover more knowledge.

Granted Powers:

Dracolich's Scales: You gain Damage Reduction 20/Bludgeoning and Epic, and Spell Resistance equal to 20 + your effective binder level. You also gain resistance to Fire, Cold, Electricity, and Acid 30.

Dragon-King's Demand: You may take a standard action to inflict a gaze attack upon anyone within 60 feet of you. They must make a Will Save, or be affected as though you had cast a Dominate Monster spell on them with a caster level of 20. Regardless of the results of this attack, you may not use this ability again for 5 rounds.

Dweomer Arcana: You may use any spell trigger item (including scrolls, wands, and staves) as though their spells were on your class list, regardless of what the spell actually is. You also gain a +20 bonus on all Knowledge checks and Spellcraft checks, and may use these skills untrained. Finally, you are under the constant effects of Greater Arcane Sight.

Breath of Magic: You gain a 30' cone breath weapon dealing 1d10 points of damage per effective Binder level you possess, usable once every 5 rounds, with a Reflex save for half damage. This breath weapon is made out of pure arcane energy, and is not subject to Damage Reduction or Energy Resistance.

Magic Crafter: You are capable of creating any magic item, as though you had the appropriate caster level (but no higher than your effective Binder level), feat, and spell to do so. You must still pay any GP and XP cost for creating the item. You only need to have this ability on the day you begin crafting the item for it to apply.

Vestige Mastery - Zaydos "Draconus Arcana" [Epic]
    you have made your soul home to Zaydos' magic, and gain greater mastery over channeling it.
    Prerequisites: Bind Zaydos "Draconus Arcana", Favored Vestige (Zaydos "Draconus Arcana")
    Benefit: While Zaydos "Draconus Arcana" is bound, you gain the following additional granted abilities.

Dragon's Final Command: You may use Power Word Kill, except that it can affect creatures with an amount of Hit Points equal to 10 X your effective Binder level. Once you have used this ability, you must wait 5 rounds before you can use it again.

Magi Wings: You gain a supernatural fly speed of 150 feet, with Good maneuverability.
    Last edited by Draconium; 2016-10-08 at 09:15 PM.

Extended Signature Link

How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks for the vestige! I love the lore! It's sooo good.

I am concerned that the offensive ability is defeated from undead immunities to freedom of movement, though. Oh ice abilities, why must you be so easy to negate? T.T

Oh and for Draco's dominate monster effect, don't binder (su) normally use the effective binder level for calculating caster level? :0
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-10-08 at 09:52 PM.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    Well, if we're doing epic vestiges anyways...

[CENTER]Bind Zaydos "Draconus Arcana" [Epic] (Zaydos)

Legend: Zaydos was a dragon with an immense interest in the workings of magic, and how it could affect the world. The wyrm devoted his life to to understanding it, and as time passed by, he became extraordinarily talented in manipulating arcane energy to his whim.

However, the more he understood, the more Zaydos wished to hoard this power for himself. It was simply not enough to know - to truly find the essence of magic, one must undertake every aspect of it. And as long as there existed others in the world that could use magic for themselves, Zaydos would never possess enough power alone. And so he began a grand scheme.

Zaydos began to conquer. First towns, then cities, then kingdoms, then continents. He exerted control over every inch of land that fell under his rule, using his arcane might to ensure none could stand up to him. And when he had conquered his material plane, he expanded his reach past planar bordered. He sought to kill every other mage in existence, or at least entirely subjugate them, so that all magic in existence would one day belong to him. And when his body began to fail on him, for the toll of age finally catching up to him, he simply discarded his mortal shell and descended into undeath, so determined that a small inconvenience like death or time could not stop him.
    THIS IS HOW IT TYPICALLY BEGINS.

Eventually, though, the threat he posed became great enough that the heavens themselves took notice. The celestial powers banded together and fought with the dracolich in a battle so ferocious, it is said that entire planes were torn asunder from each blow struck. Zaydos cleaved through a great portion of the heavenly army with fang and spell, but even he could not last forever. He was struck down by the celestials, and his tyranny was finally ended.
    THEY ALWAYS NOTICE IN THE END. THOUGH NOW PEOPLE MIGHT KNOW HOW NESSUS WAS TRULY SCARRED AND WHAT MADE PELLION A DESERT.

However, he had not faded from existence. His phylactery still existed, guarded by so many wards than even the most powerful celestials could not break it. Instead, they simply wove their own magic into it, turning it into a prison that the wyrm's soul could never escape. Then they hid it away, so no one could accidentally free him.
    I WILL SHOW THEM. NOTHING STAYS HIDDEN FOREVER!

But this was not the end. His magical might still lingered unhindered, and eventually formed into a powerful vestige, even if it was but a pale reflection of his power in life and undeath. This vestige is bound itself to the Tome of Draconus Arcana, a journal of sorts where the wyrm zealously hoarded his knowledge. They say that should you find the Tome, and decipher the contents, than the remnants of the dragon's might will be yours to command.

Influence: While Zaydos is bound to you, you may not share any knowledge you possess that others do not, unless doing so would allow you to discover more knowledge.
    BEAUTIFUL.

Granted Powers:

Dracolich's Scales: You gain Damage Reduction 20/Bludgeoning and Epic, and Spell Resistance equal to 20 + your effective binder level. You also gain resistance to Fire, Cold, Electricity, and Acid 30.

Dragon-King's Demand: You may take a standard action to inflict a gaze attack upon anyone within 60 feet of you. They must make a Will Save, or be affected as though you had cast a Dominate Monster spell on them with a caster level of 20. Regardless of the results of this attack, you may not use this ability again for 5 rounds.

Dweomer Arcana: You may use any spell trigger item (including scrolls, wands, and staves) as though their spells were on your class list, regardless of what the spell actually is. You also gain a +20 bonus on all Knowledge checks and Spellcraft checks, and may use these skills untrained. Finally, you are under the constant effects of Greater Arcane Sight.

Breath of Magic: You gain a 30' cone breath weapon dealing 1d10 points of damage per effective Binder level you possess, usable once every 5 rounds, with a Reflex save for half damage. This breath weapon is made out of pure arcane energy, and is not subject to Damage Reduction or Energy Resistance.

Magic Crafter: You are capable of creating any magic item, as though you had the appropriate caster level (but no higher than your effective Binder level), feat, and spell to do so. You must still pay any GP and XP cost for creating the item. You only need to have this ability on the day you begin crafting the item for it to apply.
    YES. YES! YES!!!

Vestige Mastery - Zaydos "Draconus Arcana" [Epic]
    you have made your soul home to Zaydos' magic, and gain greater mastery over channeling it.
    Prerequisites: Bind Zaydos "Draconus Arcana", Favored Vestige (Zaydos "Draconus Arcana")
    Benefit: While Zaydos "Draconus Arcana" is bound, you gain the following additional granted abilities.

Dragon's Final Command: You may use Power Word Kill, except that it can affect creatures with an amount of Hit Points equal to 10 X your effective Binder level. Once you have used this ability, you must wait 5 rounds before you can use it again.

Magi Wings: You gain a supernatural fly speed of 150 feet, with Good maneuverability.
    Added to post. Seems a shame to link the post and not be included on it.

And if you can't tell, I think it was superb.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    Thanks for the vestige! I love the lore! It's sooo good.

I am concerned that the offensive ability is defeated from undead immunities to freedom of movement, though. Oh ice abilities, why must you be so easy to negate? T.T
    Now, now, FoM would stop the Temporal Stasis but I don't think it prevents Dexterity damage so it can still take them out, that said I might include a bit about it being able to affect corporeal Deathless, Undead, and Constructs because they still have physical bodies, but... actually I think I just forgot to include it because when I first thought of the ability I thought it needed that but it didn't make it on when I wrote things down.

Current Projects:

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

THIS IS HOW IT TYPICALLY BEGINS.

THEY ALWAYS NOTICE IN THE END. THOUGH NOW PEOPLE MIGHT KNOW HOW NESSUS WAS TRULY SCARRED AND WHAT MADE PELLION A DESERT.

I WILL SHOW THEM. NOTHING STAYS HIDDEN FOREVER!

BEAUTIFUL.

YES. YES! YES!!!

Added to post. Seems a shame to link the post and not be included on it.

And if you can't tell, I think it was superb.
    Glad you enjoyed it. You've probably made about 95% of this thread's vestiges anyways, so I thought you deserved something nice.

Extended Signature Link

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Now, now, FoM would stop the Temporal Stasis but I don't think it prevents Dexterity damage so it can still take them out, that said I might include a bit about it being able to affect corporeal Deathless, Undead, and Constructs because they still have physical bodies, but... actually I think I just forgot to include it because when I first thought of the ability I thought it needed that but it didn't make it on when I wrote things down.
    Thankies! :0
    Glad you enjoyed it. You've probably made about 95% of this thread's vestiges anyways, so I thought you deserved something nice.
    I feel like I should make mor,e but I've been pretty worn out lately.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

That I did, and I forgot to put on my favorite evil smile that was supposed to be the last one that all the others built to. Still trying to think of an epic Draconium vestige that's not just 'big red dragon' (I may have been trying that for 2 hours now off and on).

Spoiler: Final evil smile
    Show

Thankies! :0
    Did give Con - creatures a +8 on the save, because they have Poor Fort saves and +0 Con so even with +8 they'll have subpar Fort saves but at least they'll be able to maybe compete with a low Fort save creature.

Current Projects:

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: The Ultimate Evil Smile
    Show
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

22. - Top - End - #232

BardGuy

You are on a roll, Zaydos!!

See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

And like all other threads Snowbluff posts in for long enough, this one, too, ends in an endless chain of anime gifs.

Ah well.

Extended signature!

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

waith for eventual marlowe comic stream

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Do people still remember me? My ego adores people thinking about me, so. Anyone who wants to is free to.
    Go go old SMBG memories... something about harems, a lemonade stand and wands of reverse gender, and crack ships...

Lixie the Forlorn, Enamored with Love

A succubus that fell in love with the idea of true love. She grants those who bind her the power to facilitate love, use ropes, and genderbend people.
    Vestige Level: 1st.
    Binding DC: 15.

Legend: Lixie was a succubus, a demon born of the Abyss a being of lust and sin. But not all lust is carnal desire, and mortals can be truly fascinating creatures with the oddest of concepts. One of these, love, was especially fascinating. Lixie decided she wanted to experience this love, this concept so often placed as opposite of lust.

Of course Lixie didn’t quite understand what it meant to have love. She used her powers to try and requite unrequited love, a little charm here and a suggestion there, some shapeshifting impersonations. Playing the matchmaker with all the care one might expect of a demon in revolt against their basic nature, Lixie made some questionable choices, and people noticed how they were acting quite oddly.

In the end a paladin was called to the town. Tall, proud, and beautiful astride her destrier, the paladin arrived. At once Lixie was smitten. The succubus, heedless of the danger of it all, attempted to court the paladin, yet the paladin was strangely reserved. Still Lixie refrained from attempting to use her powers on the paladin, that would be too easy, would soil it all. The paladin was not so restrained. Ascertaining that this strangely potent evil aura before her was the demon causing the strangeness in the town the paladin lashed out. Where before Lixie had been smitten, now she was smote, and as she begged for her life her pleads fell on deaf ears.

Of course Lixie had been a demon and such beings when slain find their essence back in the Abyss to slowly reform over painful eons, but she was also a being of lust and carnal sin who had rejected both. Just as she had rejected her Abyssal nature the Abyss rejected her, leaving her soul with only one place to go, the void of the vestiges.

Manifestation: Lixie appears within the seal in the form of a beautiful woman, her forearms lightly feathered, with small downy feathers, her hands and feet bird-like talons. As the pact progresses she shifts through one female form after another, her hands and feet always remaining avian. Eventually wounds begin to appear across her body, and as the pact is sealed her skull splits bloodily.

Sign: Your feet become bird-like talons.

Influence: While under Lixie’s influence you must help foster the growth of romantic love wherever you find it.

Granted Powers: Lixie the Forlorn grants you the ability to ward off blows with Charisma alone, to change people’s sex, to form bonds of love, and to escape and use ropes.

Armored by Beauty: You gain an armor bonus to AC equal to your Charisma modifier + 1/5 binder levels; this bonus can never exceed +5 +1/3 your binder levels. This is a force effect similar to Mage Armor.

Blessing of Gender Bending: As a standard action you may change the physical sex of a single creature within 10 ft + 10 ft per 2 binder levels. You may change it to male, female, or neuter, changing both primary and secondary sexual characteristics. This transformation lasts 1 hour per binder level, increasing to 1 day per binder level if your binder level is 6 or higher, although it may be reversed through the use of a remove curse or break enchantment spell. If used on yourself this effect is instantaneous instead and cannot be removed through spells only other instantaneous effects to change your physical sex. Once you have used this ability you must wait 5 rounds to use it again.

Lust Forsworn: Once during the pact you may touch a creature as a standard action and gain the benefits of the Vow of Romance feat with that creature as your beloved. This benefit lasts until the pact ends.

Spoiler: Vow of Romance
    Show
    Vow of Romance [Exalted]
    You have sworn yourself to another, a pact of love and faithfulness. This loyal faith grants you a variety of bonuses when your beloved is in danger, and if they return it they gain the same such when you are in danger.
    Prerequisites: Sacred Vow.
    Benefit: When you take this feat select a creature who is your beloved. Whenever your beloved is at less than 1/2 hit points and threatened in some way (such as being in combat) you gain a +1 perfection bonus to attack rolls, AC, saving throws, ability and skill checks. If your beloved returns the affections and you are at less than 1/2 hit points and threatened they gain a +1 perfection bonus to attack rolls, AC, saving throws, ability and skill checks.
    Special: You must remain faithful to your beloved, if you cheat on them, betray them, or otherwise break the faith with them then you lose the benefits of this vow. For your beloved to gain its benefits they must have remained faithful to you for at least one month. If your beloved betrays you, you may choose to give up the effects of this feat for 1 month to select a new beloved. If your beloved dies you must attempt to revive them and failing that wait at least 3 months before selecting a new beloved.
    Special: If your beloved also has this feat in regards to you then the bonuses from this feat are doubled.

Make Ship Happen: As a standard action you may attempt to forge a bond of charmed affection (not necessarily romantic) between two humanoid targets within 30 ft of you. Each target must make a Will save. If both fail they are charmed as if they had cast Charm Person on each other. If one fails and the other succeeds the one that failed cannot attack the other target for 10 minutes or until they are attacked by them, and has their attitude towards that target improved by 1 step (to a maximum of friendly, this cannot lower it) for 10 minutes. If one target is immune they are considered to have succeeded their Will save. If either target is not humanoid this ability fails entirely. If your binder level is 5 or higher you may affect monstrous humanoids, outsiders with the native subtype, and giants with this ability in addition to humanoids. If your binder level is 9 or higher you may affect fey, dragons, aberrations, and outsiders. If your binder level is 13 or higher it may affect creatures of any type (this does not circumvent type based immunity). Once you have used this ability you must wait 5 rounds to use it again.

Some of my best friends are devils: You gain a competence bonus on Escape Artist and Use Rope checks equal to +4 +1/3 binder levels. In addition if you hold a rope you can cause it to move as if under the effects of an animate rope spell.

For Contractors: Beguiling Influence.

With Bind Vestige: If bound through Bind Vestige you gain Armored by Beauty. If you also possess Practiced Binder you gain Some of my best friends are devils.

Vestige Mastery – Lixie the Forlorn [General]
    You have learned to draw more deeply upon your favored vestige, to armor yourself further, and spread your love even further.
    Prerequisites: Cha 15+, Favored Vestige (Lixie the Forlorn).
    Benefit: The force armor granted by Armored by Beauty gains a +1 enhancement bonus per 4 binder levels you possess (this may increase its total armor bonus above its cap). You may target yourself as one of the two targets with Make Ship Happen, and may use Lust Forsworn up to your Charisma modifier times per pact (min 1) gaining the benefits of Vow of Romance in regards to each creature you use it upon (note the perfection bonus from the feat does not stack if multiple of them are in danger) as long as you are upfront and faithful to each one.

And like all other threads Snowbluff posts in for long enough, this one, too, ends in an endless chain of anime gifs.

Ah well.

-nom-
    They feed me. By which I mean they are a surprisingly effective means of slowing or even reversing creative burn out when making a bunch of things of the same type, for example in this case vestiges.

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    You are on a roll, Zaydos!!

-nom-
    Also where is that gif from?
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-10-09 at 01:45 AM.

Current Projects:

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Where before Lixie had been smitten, now she was smote, and as she begged for her life her pleads fell on deaf ears.
    Worst, paladin, ever.

Makes me want to take the Cleric of Lastai in my head and shift into (Divine) Anima Mage.
    Fizban's Tweaks and Brew: Google Drive (PDF), Thread
    A collection of over 200 pages of individually small bans, tweaks, brews, and rule changes, usable piecemeal or nearly altogether, and even some convenient lists. Everything I've done that I'd call done enough to use in one place (plus a number of things I'm working on that aren't quite done, of course).
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet Octopus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    sheer awesomeness

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

you know even with my broken vestige for loyal paladin you can make better paladin then idiots of the coast
    Last edited by khadgar567; 2016-10-09 at 06:51 AM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler: I need to find more cheerful pics of Judau.
    Show

I've been making the poor boy look very grim.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    I'm the prince of the universe.

I, Seto, Great Elephantic One, hereby grant permission to anyone willing to use me as an excuse for creative endeavor. (Not that anyone would, but you never know :P)
    Tried to capture your aspects of Elephantness, Alignment Discussion, and True Neutral-ness-ness.

Seto, Who Carried the Planes (Seto)

Seto was the elephant which once supported the plane that became divided into the Great Wheel. He grants those who bind him powers over alignment and to carry great loads.
    Vestige Level: 3rd.
    Binding DC: 20.
    Special Requirement: You may not bind Seto while binding a vestige that possesses a special requirement based on alignment, nor may you bind such a vestige while Seto is bound.

Legend: At the dawn of existence the Outer Planes formed, but they did not form in an instant. Initially Chaos and Law vied for control and Chaos was winning. In this time Seto existed as a balancing force, the firmament upon which the planes rested and who strove to balance their existence lest they slide back into total disarray.

Then the Twin Serpents of Law Ahriman and Jazirian formed a great ring through reality, and demarcated the realms of Law and Chaos, Good and Evil, and Law rose into ascendancy. Still Seto supported the Outlands upon his back, but Law’s reign would not be maintained. Ahriman and Jazirian began to fight over where reality should be centered upon, Mount Celestia or Baator, ignoring the balance of the Outlands blinded by their cosmic allegiance to Good and Evil and to Law itself so much that they allowed Chaos into their hearts. The fight of the two serpents raged across reality fought on levels mortals cannot comprehend, and in this battle Seto was mortally wounded. As Ahriman crashed into Nessus, his blood giving birth to the first of the Ancient Baatorians, the other Lords of Law realized that reality might fall back into utter Chaos should the Outlands collapse back into the primal void.

They divided up the elephant’s body, using its bones to build a new support for the Outlands, driving its tusk up through the center to hold the Outlands in place, fixed forever between Law and Chaos siding with neither. Thus was the current shape of the planes fixed in place, Law’s ascendancy shattered, but Chaos not allowed to reign. The great elephant Seto was slain and his name forgotten, but his essence remained, his blood falling into the void. Some claim it became the void of the vestiges, others claim that the void of the vestiges had existed long before the current universe and that it merely bled into that lower existence and in its blood was what remained of its soul. Its purpose and the lion’s share of its being had been taken from it in being incorporated into the Outlands, all that was left was a spiritual husk, but a shadow of its mind still lived on, and could be summoned.

Manifestation: A swirling mass of chaos forms above the seal, as it spins 16 fragments fly off from it to begin to orbit the central mass. The mass itself forms into a disc, even as the 16 fragments form into miniature representations of the Outer Planes. The spire rises up out of the center of the disc, Sigil forming over it like a crown, and the disc rises higher as beneath it a grey-skinned elephant forms. The elephant lets loose a loud trumpet before gashes appear in his flanks, blood beginning to pour from his wounds, eyes, and trunk. As it speaks with the binder slowly more and more blood leaks, beginning to dribble from its mouth. When the pact is made the binder is bathed in the illusory blood.

Sign: You grow a pair of miniature tusks (if broken off they vanish and then regrow).

Influence: Unless under direct and immediate threat you must stop and consider the ramifications of any action you take and their effect on the balance of Good and Evil and Law and Chaos.

Granted Powers: Seto grants you the ability to maintain a second alignment, to carry great weight, to draw power from your alignment, and to inflict punishment on others for theirs.

Choose your Balance: When you bind Seto select an alignment other than your own, this alignment must be the same as yours on the Good-Evil or the Law-Chaos axis (but not on both). As long as Seto is bound you are considered the chosen alignment instead of your own whenever it would benefit you.

Powers of Allegiance: While Seto is bound you gain one ability from the list below based upon your alignment, and a second one based upon the alignment you selected for the Choose your Balance ability above.
    • Lawful Good – Pinnacle of Celestia: Allies (including yourself) within 30 ft of you gain a +3 sacred bonus to AC and are unaffected by your Trumpet of Judgment.
    • Lawful Neutral – Coordination of Acheron: When you flank a creature with an ally you both gain an additional +2 bonus to attack rolls and a bonus to damage equal to +1 + 1/3 your binder level.
    • Lawful Evil – Command of Gehenna: Whenever you kill a creature it rises as a skeleton under your control for 1 round plus 1 round per 3 binder levels. At the end of this duration the skeleton collapses, although may still be reanimated through necromantic magic (it usually cannot be raised with raise dead due to being a skeleton outside of the fleshy body it came with, however).
    • Neutral Good – Blessing of Elysium: You gain a bonus on saves against poison, disease, charms, and compulsions of +2 + 1/3 binder level.
    • True Neutral – Anchor of the Outlands: While Seto is bound you radiate an aura of magical suppression out to 20 ft. Spells (and spell-like abilities) are cast at a -4 to caster level if cast in this aura, and any spell whose spell level is less than ½ your binder level has a 20% chance to fail completely if it is cast in the area of this aura. Spells cast from outside of the aura are affected as if cast within it if their point of origin is within it, and any portion of their effect which is within it when cast is likewise affected with the -4 to effective caster level within the area and potentially a 20% chance of failing completely in the area.
    • Neutral Evil – Sorrow of the Gray Waste: Whenever you strike a creature with a melee attack they suffer a -2 penalty to attack rolls, saving throws, and skill checks for 1 round. This is a mind-affecting effect. Multiple hits against the same creature do not stack.
    • Chaotic Good – Blessing of Ysgard: While Seto is bound you gain Fast Healing 1 + ¼ Binder levels.
    • Chaotic Neutral – Shifting Form of Limbo: While Seto is bound you gain a bonus on Escape Artist checks, Tumble checks, Grapple checks made to escape a grapple, opposed ability checks to resist a Bull Rush or Trip, and saves versus transmutation effects of +4 + 1/3 binder levels.
    • Chaotic Evil – Fury of the Abyss: Whenever you take 5 or more damage you gain a +1 bonus per 5 points of damage you received (max +1 + ¼ binder levels) to attack damage for 1 round, multiple instances of this bonus do not stack (use only the highest).

Shoulders to Carry the World: Your Strength is considered 8 higher for the purposes of determining encumbrance.

Trumpet of Judgment: As a standard action you may release a loud, elephantine trumpet. This trumpeting sound carries with it a magic that judges nearby creatures based upon their alignment. Each creature other than yourself within 20 ft suffers the effect described below associated with their alignment. If a creature has an alignment subtype that does not match its alignment on an axis use its alignment subtype, not its actual alignment, on that axis. Once you have used this ability you cannot use it again for 5 rounds.
    • Lawful Good: The creature feels the weight of the world upon it, the weight that it professes through deed if not word that it is its duty to carry. They must make a Fort save or become fatigued. If your binder level is 11 or higher they are exhausted instead.
    • Lawful Neutral: You disrupt the order of the creature’s mind, plunging it into the Chaos that it fears. The creature must make a Will save or be confused (as the spell confusion) for 1 round. This is a mind-affecting compulsion effect.
    • Lawful Evil: The creature is forced to feel that ground down lack of self which through deed they support in others even if not necessarily themselves. The creature must make a Will save or be unable to make decisions for itself for a round and does nothing unless granted an action by another creature (through White Raven Tactics or a Marshal’s Grant Move action) and told by them what to do with it. This is a mind-affecting compulsion effect.
    • Neutral Good: Take 1d4 damage per binder level you possess, Will halves. This damage is pure unholy energy, burning away at their purity and not reduced by energy resistance or immunity, and considered to be dealt by an [Evil] descriptor spell.
    • True Neutral: They take 1 ability damage to each ability score + 1 per 4 binder levels. A Will save negates this ability damage.
    • Neutral Evil: Take 1d4 damage per binder level you possess, Will halves. This damage is pure holy energy, burning away at their evil and not reduced by energy resistance or immunity, and considered to be dealt by a [Good] descriptor spell.
    • Chaotic Good: You strip the target of their mobility, the physical representation of that freedom they value. They take 1d6+1/4 binder levels Dexterity damage. A Fortitude save is allowed to halve this damage.
    • Chaotic Neutral: You strip the creature of its ingenuity and freedom, forcing it to repeat what it has already done. The target repeats the actions of their last turn if possible, if not possible they stand there and do nothing. They do not need to pick the same destination for movement, but must still move the same distance, they need not pick the same target for attacks but must make the same number and kind of attacks. If the target is able to repeat their action they must do so and then must make another Will save or repeat it again on the next round, and do so again and again until they cannot repeat the action or succeed on a Will save, or have repeated the action 1 + ¼ binder level times. This is a mind-affecting compulsion effect.
    • Chaotic Evil: You strip the target of the strength they value so highly. They take 1d6 Strength damage +1 per 4 binder levels. A Fortitude save is allowed to halve this damage.

For Contractors: See the Soul's Allegiance (see below)

Spoiler
    Show
    See the Soul's Allegiance
    Effective Level:
    2nd.
    School: Divination.
    Path: Apocalyptic Whispers, Gotterdamerung.
    Casting Time: Standard action.
    Range: 60-ft.
    Area: Cone shaped emantion
    Duration: Concentration.
    Saving Throw: No.
    Spell Resistance: No.
    Truename: No.
    Your gaze turns to the souls of those before you, weighing good and evil, and seeing to whom it belongs.
    When you use this invocation it functions as your choice of Detect Chaos, Detect Evil, Detect Good, or Detect Law. In addition if on round three or later the creature or object whose aura you are investigating has a patron deity which is True Neutral or the alignment detected you learn what their patron deity is.

With (Improved) Bind Vestige: If bound through the use of Improved Bind Vestige Seto grants you the Shoulders to Carry the World ability. If Practiced Binding is also used Seto also grants Choose Your Balance.

Vestige Mastery – Seto [General]
    You have found a balance with the Elephant of Alignment within your heart and soul, drawing more deeply on his power.
    Prerequisites: Favored Vestige (Seto), must be neutral on at least one alignment axis.
    Benefit: When you bind Seto you may choose a second alignment with Choose Your Balance. This alignment must match either your own alignment or that chosen first with Choose Your Balance on one axis. You gain the benefits of Choose Your Balance and the appropriate Power of Allegiance for that alignment.
    In addition as a standard action you may designate one alignment you possess (either intrinsically or through Choose Your Balance). That alignment is unaffected by your Trumpet of Judgment until you select another alignment with this ability, or your pact with Seto ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    Worst, paladin, ever.

Makes me want to take the Cleric of Lastai in my head and shift into (Divine) Anima Mage.
    There may be some not so subtle commentary on the smite first paladin in there.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-10-09 at 05:09 PM.

Current Projects:

30. - Top - End - #240
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSerpent View Post
    I INSPIRE AWE IN MY ENEMIES BY SERVING THEM TEA.
    Awesome Avatar courtesy of Ava. Adopt an Avatar today!