New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Vestiges Type II

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Go go old SMBG memories... something about harems, a lemonade stand and wands of reverse gender, and crack ships...

Lixie the Forlorn, Enamored with Love

A succubus that fell in love with the idea of true love. She grants those who bind her the power to facilitate love, use ropes, and genderbend people.
    I LOVE it. Or, well. At least lust after it.

There may be some not so subtle commentary on the smite first paladin in there.
    Yes, I'd have preferred to live, but that's tough as far as becoming a vestige goes. :P
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Seto, Who Carried the Planes (Seto)
    What, no option to screw the rules because you have money? 0/10 would not bind. Seriously, very interesting, especially with the two different abilities with 9 options.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

Seto, Who Carried the Planes (Seto)
    What, no option to screw the rules because you have money? 0/10 would not bind. Seriously, very interesting, especially with the two different abilities with 9 options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Here you go, that last gif gave me an idea.

Zee, Thief of Perception (ThiefofZ)
    Vestige Level: 4th
    Binding DC: 20

Zee was a rogue who had mastered the art of stealth to the point that he hid from the universe itself.

Legend: Zee was a rogue and spy who specialized in stealth recon and infiltration. He built his career off of getting in to places and observing what he found, relaying that information back to his employers. As he grew in skill, so too did he grow in enemies. After spying on an unsuspecting wizard, the wizard discovered him. When Zee fled, the wizard kept up with his scrying magic and would always be a step ahead of him. Zee realized that anywhere he went, the wizard would be able to find him. He decided to be nowhere and hide from the universe itself, believing that if the universe itself couldn't find him, neither would the wizard. Somehow, he succeeded. Unfortunately, in doing so he lost his way. By hiding from the universe, the universe adjusted to his absence and he was trapped.

Manifestation: You don't actually see anything when Zee manifests. The sigil blurs and distorts, making it difficult to see, and the area around you darkens a bit.

Sign: Your shadow stretches in the opposite direction, pointing toward light sources instead of away.

Influence: Even while trying to draw attention, you make an effort to remain hidden and difficult to see.

Special Requirements: Zee's sigil cannot be drawn in areas of bright light.

Granted Powers:
    Blur (Sp): You may use the blur spell as a spell-like ability at will with your effective binder level as your caster level. You can not use this ability if you are suppressing Zee's sign.

Zee's Skill (Su): Due to the skill Zee acquired in life, you add your effective binder level as a bonus to Hide and Move Silently checks.

Shadow Strike (Su): You can plunge a weapon into your own shadow and attack your foe from his, to a range of 10 feet per effective binder level. This catches your opponent Flat-Footed. If you are in an area where there is not enough light to cast a shadow, you cannot use this ability. If you used this ability while hiding, you do not take the normal penalty for hiding after an attack. You can only use this ability once every 5 rounds.

Zee's Vision (Su): While Zee is bound, you gain Low-Light Vision and Darkvision 60 and can also see in all forms of magical darkness. If you already have Low-Light Vision, your vision enhances so that you can see three times as well as a human in conditions of low light. If you already have Darkvision, you Darkvision improves by 60 feet.

Distort Aim (Su): If you are flanked, whenever one of the creatures flanking you misses due to concealment, treat the attack roll as an attack against the other creature flanking you.
    Last edited by illyahr; 2016-10-10 at 08:26 AM.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I LOVE it. Or, well. At least lust after it.

Yes, I'd have preferred to live, but that's tough as far as becoming a vestige goes. :P
    It really is. I mean we have had 'torn apart by Tiamat so that their soul can't hold together', 'smote by a paladin while earnestly trying not to be Chaotic Evil', 'killed by two primordial gods of Law, one of which might be Asmodeus, in their Chaotic fight while all you were doing was keeping reality from falling back into the primal Chaos', 'sealed for eternity by the gods for the little thing of being a dracolich bent on multiversal conquest' (I think that's one of the few that didn't die), 'killed by red dragons and made into weapons for the army you tried to stop', 'stripped of divinity and doomed to live in a kingdom you froze just for falling in love with some guy and... making his life a living hell so he would have no one else to turn to', 'killed by your trusted lieutenant, Asmodeus, while trying to secure the place of your species in the cosmic scheme', 'possessed by a ghost and used as its puppet till your soul withered to a husk', 'killed as an abomination by people you were trying to warn', 'froze yourself/broke physics and was kicked out of reality', 'banished from existence by Asmodeus', 'banished from Hell by Asmodeus after being inflicted with a biological anti-fiend weapon', 'turned against your very nature creating massive destruction', 'vanished from reality in a super duel', ... Really this thread could be called GitP Regulars as horrible fates.

Yeah but one of them you don't have any choice in what happens. Also fine...

Seto the Seahorse (Yu-Gi-Oh)

Seto was a rich jerk.
    Vestige Level: 8th.
    Binding DC: 45

Legend: Seto was a rich jerk who getting his comeuppance for attempting to murder a lot of people was saved from his horrible fate due to popularity, and proceeded to become the primary rival throughout the legend, and escape it all relatively intact.

Manifestation: A helicopter lands and a man with a badass longcoat steps forth, a duel disc on one arm and a briefcase in his other hand. He challenges you to a children's card game.

Sign: Your hair becomes green, the better to screw the rules.

Influence: While under Seto's influence you must be mean and jerkish to everyone you meet, including your dear little brother.

Granted Powers: Seto grants you the ability to have money, screw the rules, and summon 3 white dragons in one turn.

I have Money: As a standard action you may summon 1 gold piece per 5 binder levels. These gold pieces last 1 hour per binder level.

Screw the Rules: As a standard action you may break the rules. Once you have done so you must wait 5 rounds to do so again.

Summon Blue Eyes White Dragons: As a standard action you may summon 3 adult white dragons. They have blue eyes. They do your bidding for 1 hour and then vanish. You may not use this ability again until they have vanished and then 5 rounds have passed.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

And while mine could be consider alive in a sense literally leaving existence as it's known for the purpose of personal safety and information management is HARSH.
    Most people see a half orc and and think barbarian warrior. Me on the other hand? I think secondary trap handler and magic item tester. Also I'm not allowed to trick the next level one wizard into starting a fist fight with a house cat no matter how annoying he is.
    Yes I know it's sarcasm. It's a joke. Pale green is for snarking
    Thread wins: 2

7. - Top - End - #247

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos
    Seto, who carried the Planes
    Wow, Zaydos! Thanks! That sounds totally EPIC! I was sad when I read of the Great Elephant's cruel fate, but I guess that's the price to pay for that much awesomeness.
    The Trumpet of Judgment and the idea of making every creature experience the limits of their own alignment makes me positively giddy. Also, I laughed at the "must consider the consequences of your action on the balance between the cosmic forces" clause. Most players would hate that, but I plead guilty to overthinking alignment matters in all sorts of verbose and long-winded ways.

Seto the Seahorse
    Hahahaha!
    Also, Seahorse. Kaiba. Kai-Ba. Sea-Horse. Damn. So obvious. But it never hit me until now. Thanks for teaching me something!
    My True Neutral Handbook, a resource for creating and playing TN characters.

Check out my extended signature and the "Gitp regulars as..." that I've been honored with!

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rijan_Sai View Post
    Rijan_Sai hereby steals the above statement for application unto himself!
    Rijan Sai, Blade of Death (Rijan Sai)

Vestige Level: 6th.
    Binding DC: 25.

Legend: Rijan Sai was a warrior-necromancer whose repeated victories upon the field of battle led him to a high place of honor in the royal court, and the hand of one of the princesses in marriage. With this position of power came many enemies, and there were those who opposed the idea of a necromancer holding a place of honor within the royal court.

Rijan’s enemies conspired and with poison in his wine killed him. They congratulated themselves for cleansing the court of his tainting presence, even as a harsh scraping could be heard upon the door of their meeting place. As one went to investigate the sounds, Rijan’s ghost passed into their chamber. The battle was quick and bloody but the conspirators were slain. One tried to flee but soon discovered that the scraping at the wall had been the claws of Rijan’s skeleton against the door, and its claws found his throat.

Afterwards Rijan returned to the palace and his wife, but she shrieked and turned from this ghost and his skeleton in terror, begging between sobs for him to leave and never return. Rijan did, leaving not merely the castle but reality as it is known.

Manifestation: Rijan’s skeleton seems to claw its way up out of the seal, rising to its feet before the would be binder before its shadow rises up off the ground in the form of a man made of living darkness. This wraith speaks with the binder making their pact.

Sign: Your flesh is cold and clammy like that of a corpse’s.

Influence: While under Rijan’s influence you become extremely suspicious of food prepared or touched by others, and will not eat or drink anything that another could have tampered with, even your most trusted friends.

Granted Powers:

Expel Skeleton: As a standard action you may expel your skeleton from your body. It becomes an unintelligent undead with your Strength, 2 higher Dexterity than you (it gains any enhancement bonuses you possess to these scores), 1 Charisma, 10 Wisdom, and no Constitution or Intelligence. It has hit dice equal to your binder level (BAB +1/2 hit dice, Fort +1/3 hit dice, Ref +1/3 hit dice, Will +2 +1/2 hit dice), natural armor of a skeleton of its size, DR 5 +1/4 your binder level overcome by magical bludgeoning weapons only, immunity to cold, turn resistance +2, and undead trait. This skeleton loses any flight you possess, as well as all special attacks and special qualities you possess except those derived from alignment or elemental subtypes, and gains a pair of claw attacks as primary natural weapons dealing 1d4 damage (plus strength), as well as any armor or weapon proficiencies you possess. If your skeleton is destroyed you take damage equal to ½ its maximum hit points and may not use this ability again until your skeleton reforms (which takes 1 hour). You may return your skeleton to your body as a full round action by touching it (at which point it ceases to be a creature and fully heals). Once you return your skeleton to your body you cannot expel it again for 5 rounds. You must have a skeleton to use this ability, and you must have a body beyond just a skeleton.

Feast of Darkness: Whenever a creature within 30 ft of you suffers negative levels you gain a +1 profane bonus per negative level they suffered (to a maximum of +1/3 binder levels) to attack, damage, saves, skill checks, and ability checks for 1 round.

Ghost Form: As a swift action you may become incorporeal. You gain the incorporeal subtype (and a deflection bonus to AC equal to your Charisma modifier) and any weapon you wield is considered to be ghost touch. You may use this ability for up to 1 round per binder level each day, and may end it at any time as a free action. Once you have ended a use of this ability, you must wait 5 rounds before using it again (assuming you still have rounds of use left).

Martial Wraith: Whenever you strike a creature in melee which poses an immediate threat to you or an ally you may channel a spark of negative energy dealing 2 damage to one creature within 10 ft of you. As this is negative energy if used against an undead creature they are healed 2 hp.

Sword of Lost Life: As a standard action you may make a single attack. If it hits a creature which poses an immediate threat to you or your allies you may channel negative energy dealing 4d6+binder level damage to the target and to another creature within 20 ft of the target. Creatures healed by negative energy are healed by this extra damage, and the secondary target is allowed a Will save to halve the damage. Once you use this ability you cannot use it again for 5 rounds.

Twisted Spirit: Whenever you use a Devoted Spirit stance or maneuver that allows you to heal an ally you may instead choose to inflict negative energy damage equal to the amount of hp that would be healed upon a single creature (enemy or ally) within range. If you use Strike of Righteous Vitality you you may instead duplicate the effects of a Harm spell, in which case the target is allowed a saving throw (DC 19 + your Charisma modifier) as they would for a Harm spell.

For Contractors: Word of Final Respite.

Spoiler
    Show
    Word of Final Respite
    Effective Level: 6th.
    School: Necromancy.
    Casting Time: Standard action.
    Range: Close.
    Target: 1 creature.
    Duration: Instantaneous.
    Saving Throw: Will halves.
    Spell Resistance: Yes.
    With a word you cut the strands that tie a creature to this world, pushing them inexorably towards death.
    Target takes 1d6 damage/caster level. If the target has less than half health this damage is increased by 50% (as if empowered; if this invocation is empowered it results in a net +100% damage not +125%). A creature which receives no damage from, or is healed by, negative energy takes no damage from this effect, and any resistance to negative energy applies against this effect. This effect has its full effect on incorporeal creatures with no chance of failure due to their incorporeal nature.

Vestige Mastery – Rijan Sai [Vile]
    You draw further upon Rijan Sai’s necromantic might, cursing your foes with wraith-like powers.
    Prerequisites: Favored Vestige (Rijan Sai), Knowledge (religion) 15 ranks.
    Benefit: When Rijan Sai is bound you may inflict 1d6 Constitution damage with a melee touch attack as a standard action; a successful Fortitude save negates this. You may also use Ghost Form for 1 minute/binder level each day and while in ghost form each melee attack you make inflicts 1 Constitution damage (Fort negates). In addition your skeleton when expelled with expel skeleton inflicts 1d6 Constitution damage (Fort negates) with its claw attacks. In all cases the save DCs are as if these were vestige abilities granted by Rijan Sai.

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Wow, Zaydos! Thanks! That sounds totally EPIC! I was sad when I read of the Great Elephant's cruel fate, but I guess that's the price to pay for that much awesomeness.
    The Trumpet of Judgment and the idea of making every creature experience the limits of their own alignment makes me positively giddy. Also, I laughed at the "must consider the consequences of your action on the balance between the cosmic forces" clause. Most players would hate that, but I plead guilty to overthinking alignment matters in all sorts of verbose and long-winded ways.
    All it was trying to do was keep reality afloat. But no, possibly (but I don't believe so) Asmodeus had to be a stupid-head. Also over thinking alignment can be fun. And thanks

Hahahaha!
    Also, Seahorse. Kaiba. Kai-Ba. Sea-Horse. Damn. So obvious. But it never hit me until now. Thanks for teaching me something!
    I will note while his name is literally Sea + Horse that's not the Japanese name for seahorses. Also Moku means Wood.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Hi, I'm tired after breathing too many fumes at work then having to move to more cramped workplace to get too little work down while the floor in my normal workplace was sanded off without proper dust covers and ventilation prepared and then reskinned.

Just wanted to welcome Ryu, Lix, and Thurbane. It's good to see familiar faces.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Snowbluff what is this anime you keep using for gifs. Not as in what is its name. But the very concept, the very premise of the show. He has to date cataclysm causing spirits to save the world and help an organization named after a squirrel? WHY?

I may be on episode 11.

Current Projects:

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    Sign: People find it difficult to look at you, their eyes drifting past you. It requires a Concentration check (DC 10) to keep their eyes on you for more than a round at a time.
    I really advice against this. This isn't a flavorful sign, it's a straight-up mechanical bonus: the system has rules for not looking at people. Not to mention that it's a hassle to keep rolling dice for everyone, every round.
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

A new Junkyard Wars round is up! Come join Weapon Bond + Weapon Specialization - Fighter!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

12. - Top - End - #252
    Barbarian in the Playground

Here you go, that last gif gave me an idea.
    Not what I had expected, but it shall do.

Though as the Stirge said; the Sign of a vestige shouldn't actually grant a mechanical bonus. It's some thing that indicates to the rest of the world what you are and what you're contracted to.
    For a thief that hides from literally everyone, possibly just something like a very blurred and indistinct shadow.
    Also apparently Snow continues to remain oblivious to my presence. Which is either amusing, disconcerting, or proof that the vestige is far more accurate than I expect.
    Last edited by TheifofZ; 2016-10-10 at 05:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSerpent View Post
    I INSPIRE AWE IN MY ENEMIES BY SERVING THEM TEA.
    Awesome Avatar courtesy of Ava. Adopt an Avatar today!

13. - Top - End - #253

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheifofZ View Post
    Not what I had expected, but it shall do.

Though as the Stirge said; the Sign of a vestige shouldn't actually grant a mechanical bonus. It's some thing that indicates to the rest of the world what you are and what you're contracted to.
    For a thief that hides from literally everyone, possibly just something like a very blurred and indistinct shadow.
    Also apparently Snow continues to remain oblivious to my presence. Which is either amusing, disconcerting, or proof that the vestige is far more accurate than I expect.
    Eh, you guys are probably right. I adjusted it.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Snowbluff what is this anime you keep using for gifs. Not as in what is its name. But the very concept, the very premise of the show. He has to date cataclysm causing spirits to save the world and help an organization named after a squirrel? WHY?

I may be on episode 11.
    Date Alive? I never said the show was good. I watch it for Kurumi, who is the protagonist of the series.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Eh, you guys are probably right. I adjusted it.
    Kudos on the new sign: it's quite flavorful, weird, yet only noticeable if people pay attention.
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

A new Junkyard Wars round is up! Come join Weapon Bond + Weapon Specialization - Fighter!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

16. - Top - End - #256
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Spoiler: Blade of Death
    Show
    Rijan Sai, Blade of Death (Rijan Sai)

Vestige Level: 6th.

Legend: Rijan Sai was a warrior-necromancer whose repeated victories upon the field of battle led him to a high place of honor in the royal court, and the hand of one of the princesses in marriage. With this position of power came many enemies, and there were those who opposed the idea of a necromancer holding a place of honor within the royal court.

Rijan’s enemies conspired and with poison in his wine killed him. They congratulated themselves for cleansing the court of his tainting presence, even as a harsh scraping could be heard upon the door of their meeting place. As one went to investigate the sounds, Rijan’s ghost passed into their chamber. The battle was quick and bloody but the conspirators were slain. One tried to flee but soon discovered that the scraping at the wall had been the claws of Rijan’s skeleton against the door, and its claws found his throat.

Afterwards Rijan returned to the palace and his wife, but she shrieked and turned from this ghost and his skeleton in terror, begging between sobs for him to leave and never return. Rijan did, leaving not merely the castle but reality as it is known.

Manifestation: Rijan’s skeleton seems to claw its way up out of the seal, rising to its feet before the would be binder before its shadow rises up off the ground in the form of a man made of living darkness. This wraith speaks with the binder making their pact.

Sign: Your flesh is cold and clammy like that of a corpse’s.

Influence: While under Rijan’s influence you become extremely suspicious of food prepared or touched by others, and will not eat or drink anything that another could have tampered with, even your most trusted friends.

Granted Powers:

Expel Skeleton: As a standard action you may expel your skeleton from your body. It becomes an unintelligent undead with your Strength, 2 higher Dexterity than you (it gains any enhancement bonuses you possess to these scores), 1 Charisma, 10 Wisdom, and no Constitution or Intelligence. It has hit dice equal to your binder level (BAB +1/2 hit dice, Fort +1/3 hit dice, Ref +1/3 hit dice, Will +2 +1/2 hit dice), natural armor of a skeleton of its size, DR 5 +1/4 your binder level overcome by magical bludgeoning weapons only, immunity to cold, turn resistance +2, and undead trait. This skeleton loses any flight you possess, as well as all special attacks and special qualities you possess except those derived from alignment or elemental subtypes, and gains a pair of claw attacks as primary natural weapons dealing 1d4 damage (plus strength), as well as any armor or weapon proficiencies you possess. If your skeleton is destroyed you take damage equal to ½ its maximum hit points and may not use this ability again until your skeleton reforms (which takes 1 hour). You may return your skeleton to your body as a full round action by touching it (at which point it ceases to be a creature and fully heals). Once you return your skeleton to your body you cannot expel it again for 5 rounds. You must have a skeleton to use this ability, and you must have a body beyond just a skeleton.

Feast of Darkness: Whenever a creature within 30 ft of you suffers negative levels you gain a +1 profane bonus per negative level they suffered (to a maximum of +1/3 binder levels) to attack, damage, saves, skill checks, and ability checks for 1 round.

Ghost Form: As a swift action you may become incorporeal. You gain the incorporeal subtype (and a deflection bonus to AC equal to your Charisma modifier) and any weapon you wield is considered to be ghost touch. You may use this ability for up to 1 round per binder level each day, and may end it at any time as a free action. Once you have ended a use of this ability, you must wait 5 rounds before using it again (assuming you still have rounds of use left).

Martial Wraith: Whenever you strike a creature in melee which poses an immediate threat to you or an ally you may channel a spark of negative energy dealing 2 damage to one creature within 10 ft of you. As this is negative energy if used against an undead creature they are healed 2 hp.

Sword of Lost Life: As a standard action you may make a single attack. If it hits a creature which poses an immediate threat to you or your allies you may channel negative energy dealing 4d6+binder level damage to the target and to another creature within 20 ft of the target. Creatures healed by negative energy are healed by this extra damage, and the secondary target is allowed a Will save to halve the damage. Once you use this ability you cannot use it again for 5 rounds.

Twisted Spirit: Whenever you use a Devoted Spirit stance or maneuver that allows you to heal an ally you may instead choose to inflict negative energy damage equal to the amount of hp that would be healed upon a single creature (enemy or ally) within range. If you use Strike of Righteous Vitality you you may instead duplicate the effects of a Harm spell, in which case the target is allowed a saving throw (DC 19 + your Charisma modifier) as they would for a Harm spell.

For Contractors: Word of Final Respite.

Spoiler
    Show
    Word of Final Respite
    Effective Level: 6th.
    School: Necromancy.
    Casting Time: Standard action.
    Range: Close.
    Target: 1 creature.
    Duration: Instantaneous.
    Saving Throw: Will halves.
    Spell Resistance: Yes.
    With a word you cut the strands that tie a creature to this world, pushing them inexorably towards death.
    Target takes 1d6 damage/caster level. If the target has less than half health this damage is increased by 50% (as if empowered; if this invocation is empowered it results in a net +100% damage not +125%). A creature which receives no damage from, or is healed by, negative energy takes no damage from this effect, and any resistance to negative energy applies against this effect. This effect has its full effect on incorporeal creatures with no chance of failure due to their incorporeal nature.

Vestige Mastery – Rijan Sai [Vile]
    You draw further upon Rijan Sai’s necromantic might, cursing your foes with wraith-like powers.
    Prerequisites: Favored Vestige (Rijan Sai), Knowledge (religion) 15 ranks.
    Benefit: When Rijan Sai is bound you may inflict 1d6 Constitution damage with a melee touch attack as a standard action; a successful Fortitude save negates this. You may also use Ghost Form for 1 minute/binder level each day and while in ghost form each melee attack you make inflicts 1 Constitution damage (Fort negates). In addition your skeleton when expelled with expel skeleton inflicts 1d6 Constitution damage (Fort negates) with its claw attacks. In all cases the save DCs are as if these were vestige abilities granted by Rijan Sai.
    This pleases me! Especially the whole "double undead" thing going on in the backstory! (A character concept I have actually been playing with recently!!)
    Last edited by Rijan_Sai; 2016-10-10 at 10:35 AM.
    Remember, posting links to TVTropes is Vile.
    Spoiler: Fun Quotes (Spoiled for Length)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedhin View Post
    You are vile and I will link this post randomly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haley
    Imagining getting it on atop a mountain of coins still technically counts as thinking about you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtagon View Post
    Humans are weird.

I'm Bad, and that's good. I will never be Good, and that's not bad. There is no one I'd rather be then me. ~Bad Guy Affirmation
    Unofficial (Self-titled) Spokes person for the Unofficial TOB Errata
    Now a Vestige!

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Date Alive? I never said the show was good. I watch it for Kurumi, who is the protagonist of the series.
    She does seem to be the fun part. Lots of murder there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rijan_Sai View Post
    This pleases me! Especially the whole "double undead" thing going on in the backstory! (A character concept I have actually been playing with recently!!)
    Yes, Tiamat informed me Or a quick forum search for threads you started.

Current Projects:

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Temotei, the Banished Ferryman (Temotei)

Temotei was once the ferryman of the glorious dead in Clangor before he chose following his lord’s laws over his lord’s commands and was banished to the void.
    Vestige Level: 5th.
    Special Requirements: Temotei cannot be bound within sight of a(n un)holy symbol of Maglubiyet or other deity within the goblinoid pantheon he heads.

Legend: Temotei was once a high ranking servant of the hobgoblin deity Maglubiyet. He served to ferry the souls of the glorious dead, those hobgoblins who through their deeds in life had earned a rightful place in the inner realms of Clangor, above the common fodder used to fight in the endless war against Gruumsh.

Temotei did his job faithfully, ferrying those who had been deemed worthy based upon how well they had followed the code Maglubiyet set forth for his chosen people, and condemning those who tried to cheat their way onboard to a watery submersion within the River Styx. That was until one day Maglubiyet ordered him to disregard the laws that Maglubiyet had set forth and deny a place to one who had proven worthy in life.

A powerful chieftain, the hobgoblin had made an enemy of a favorite priest of Maglubiyet when he had slain the priest’s son in battle to obtain his post. While he had made proper reperations, and had done so in a proper duel, no recrimination could be placed upon his soul by the laws Maglubiyet himself had set forth, the priest had prayed to Maglubiyet, had gathered his fellows in prayer, and beseeched the god to condemn the man and Maglubiyet had yielded to the beseeching prayers and ordered the chief barred from the inner shore of Clangor.

Temotei, however, was a being of the law, created as such by Maglubiyet himself. Impartial in his judgment the hobgoblin psychopomp did his duty. He obeyed Maglubiyet’s laws and ferried the soul to the side it had earned a place upon. This disobedience of his word enraged Maglubiyet and the hobgoblin deity cast Temotei from his skiff into the River Styx and laid a dire curse upon the faithful servant banishing him forever from the sight of the god.

The position was then filled many times in (within deific terms) quick succession before Maglubiyet rid his realm of it in the entirety due to repeat corruption within Temotei’s successors, replacing it with a trial of combat.

Manifestation: Fog seems to billow forth around the would be binder, a black river seeming to flow into the seal. A hobgoblin upon a skiff appears in the far distance growing ever closer as it propels itself down the river with a punting pole, pushing off the riverbed. As it nears the water-logged hobgoblin’s blue skin and hair becomes apparent, its body more like a goblin enlarged to a hobgoblin’s heights than the latter’s proportions. He pulls back his heavy hood revealing that oe half of his face fleshy, the other half a bare skull. He lacks eyes, only a pair of baleful red lights within empty sockets which seem to pierce into the soul of the would be binder.

Sign: You drip water. This water dries quickly once it is off of your body.

Influence: While Temotei is bound you may not knowingly break the law.

Granted Powers:

Drown the Unworthy: As a standard action you may make a melee touch attack. If you succeed with the melee touch attack the opponent must make a Fortitude save. If they fail you may immediately make a Grapple check to grapple them without provoking an attack of opportunity or needing a second touch attack. In addition they suffer a -8 penalty to grapple checks and escape artist checks for as long as you grapple them this way (including the initial check to avoid it), and unless they can breathe water each round you grapple them they must make a Constitution check (DC 10 + 2 per previous check) or begin to drown falling unconscious on the round of the first failed check, beginning to die on the next round if you maintain the grapple, and die the round thereafter. A creature that can breathe water does not drown due to this ability but still suffers the -8 penalty to grapple and escape artist checks on a failed save. Once you use this ability, and finish any grapple initiated with it, you must wait 5 rounds before using it again.

This ability could be used to keep a water breathing creature that is unable to breathe air from suffocating while on shore as long as you grappled or carried them in your arms.

Goblin Stride: You gain a +4 insight bonus to Move Silently checks as Temotei grants you the silence of a goblin’s footsteps.

Kneecap: As a standard action you may make a single melee attack with a bludgeoning weapon which smashes into your foe’s leg (if you hit) and deals +1 damage/2 binder levels and the target must make a Fortitude save or have their land speed halved for 1 minute. Multiple uses of this ability do not stack for speed reduction, but if you hit a creature already affected by this ability and it fails its save again the duration is reset and it falls prone unless it was flying, or swimming.

Send to Rest: As a standard action you may attempt to send a creature’s soul to its final rest. If used on a dead body you must touch the body and the creature’s soul passes on. A week is considered to pass for the purposes of magic that resurrects or raises the dead, and the creature cannot be re-animated as undead without a caster level check with a DC of 15 + your binder level; if this check fails they cannot try again until they have gained a level. You may not use this ability on the same corpse twice. If used on an undead or deathless creature you must make a melee touch attack and the target must make a Will save or be destroyed, the body (if there is one) remains wholly intact but the animating force is expelled. Many undead are difficult to destroy permanently. In the case of a ghost it suffers a -10 penalty on its Rejuvenation check and must make the check immediately (still not reforming for 2d4 days). In the case of a lich the soul returns to the phylactery. In the case of a vampire it turns into gaseous form and may return to its coffin but suffers 1 negative level per minute required to reach its coffin, if it accrues negative levels equal to its hit dice this way it passes on entirely, otherwise these negative levels fade at a rate of 1 per hour that it rests in its coffin.

If you successfully use this ability on a corpse or undead/deathless creature you are aware of which plane the creature’s soul went to after death; if it is an undead/deathless and not truly destroyed as in the case of lich that still has a phylactery, a vampire that makes its way back to its coffin (if it fails to reach its coffin you instantly become aware of where its soul passed on to), or a ghost that successfully rejuvenates, you are immediately aware that it survived and as to what plane its phylactery, coffin, rejuvenation spot is on.

Once you have used this ability you cannot use it again for 5 rounds.

Speak with Wolves: You gain the ability to speak with wolves, dire wolves, and non-dog canines as if with Speak with Animals. You may also speak with lupine magical beasts such as winter wolves and worgs, and other lupine creatures such as barghests, and lupinals as if with the Tongues spell, or even if they do not speak a language. You may not speak to unintelligent (Int -) creatures this way.

Summon Skiff: As a standard action you may manifest a magical skiff in unoccupied spaces adjacent to you. This skiff functions in most regards as a launch (Stormwrack pg 101) except it is magically propelled and able to float on the air. It uses the statistics of a launch, however, except where noted here (which is many ways). This skiff gains a bonus to AC equal to ½ your binder level, to hardness equal to your binder level, has 15 hp per binder level you possess, and deals +1d6 damage with a ram per 4 binder levels you possess. It is also able to sail through the air as if it were the surface of the water. It is unable, however, to ascend more than 10 ft off the ground while doing so, and maintains a stable distance from the ground as long as it needs not ascend or descend more than 5 ft per 10 ft of forward movement; it cannot make ascents steeper than this, and if it would have to descend more than this height it may ‘jump’ across the descent as long as the ground rises up again within 15 ft of movement and it ends its movement where it is no longer higher than 10 ft off the ground. If it ends its movement more than 10 ft of the ground it falls plummeting to the ground and all creatures within it take normal falling damage, the skiff taking double normal falling damage. You may control the skiff’s movement as a move action and do not need to be in contact with the skiff to do so. You may also change the height over the ground that the skiff floats by 5 ft (up or down) whenever you move it.

If you already have your skiff manifested and you attempt to manifest it the skiff instantly reappears at your side, vanishing from its previous location leaving behind any creatures or objects on it. If your skiff is destroyed you may not summon it again for 1 hour.

Summoned Skiff: Huge vehicle; Seaworthiness +2; Shiphandling +4; Speed propellers (mystical) 30 ft. (good); Overall AC 3 + ½ binder level; Hull hp 15 x binder level (hardness 5 + binder level); Ram 2d6 + 1d6/4 binder levels; Mounts —; Space 15 ft. by 5 ft.; Height 5 ft. (draft 2-1/2 ft.); Complement 8; Watch binder; Cargo 4 tons (Speed oars 15 ft. if 2 tons or more).

For Contractors: Witchwood Step.

Vestige Mastery – Temotei [General]
    You share a devotion to law with Temotei giving you powers against Chaos and your closer connection to him gives your skiff greater mobility and speed.
    Prerequisites: Favored Vestige (Temotei), Goblinoid Subtype, must be Lawful.
    Benefit: While Temotei is bound you gain DR ¼ your effective binder level for Temotei overcome by Chaos. In addition your attacks ignore the DR of Chaotic creatures except DR overcome only by epic or no weapons; if your effective binder level is 17 or higher you ignore all DR of Chaotic creatures. In addition when you summon a skiff its speed is 50 ft instead of 30 ft, and it may float up to 5 ft off the ground per 2 effective binder levels, and when you change its altitude as part of moving it you may change it by up to 10 ft.

Current Projects:

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

She does seem to be the fun part. Lots of murder there.
    Yeah, she's the good guy.

Anyway, that show definitely fails with its premise. It's clear the whole "kiss to seal their powers" thing is entirely unnecessary, save for 2 cases... maybe.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMyconid View Post
    I cast Permanency on this.

Hocus pocus, permission granted, for spells and feats and swords and all that bogus!
    Sporagloth, Beyond a Myconid (MetaMyconid)

Sporagloth was a myconid fascinated by artifice and driven mad by it. He grants you the ability to form fungal colonies, use myconid spores, bond with your armor, and pass among constructs as one of their own.
    Vestige Level: 7th.
    Binding DC: 30.
    Special Requirements: Sporagloth cannot be bound when there are dwarves within sight or by a dwarf.

Legend: Sporagloth was a myconid sovereign, who ruled its fungal people with an iron will. The myconid sovereign had a strange curiosity for its fungal race, looking out at the outside races with awe and interest, looking at their great creations and feeling envy. Sporagloth’s tiny nation captured a dwarven artificer, and Sporagloth developed a plan. The myconids held the artificer captive, threatening his family, so that he would make for Sporagloth’s people a variety of magical wonders for their own use. In some versions of the tale this idea was not in truth Sporagloth’s own, but a suggestion from an imp seeking to taint the fungal king.

This continued for years, Sporagloth’s myconid people extending their underground kingdom with the help of magical digging tools, enchanted armor, amulets that increased their vitality, and even construct guardians. It was this last that truly interested Sporagloth and Sporagloth began to contemplate becoming more than just a myconid. Sporagloth forced the artificer to create for it a great armor with which it could incorporate, a powerful suit which would allow it to grow beyond the bonds of a mere myconid sovereign.

The artificer created this armor and Sporagloth grew both in power and size, towering over its circle leaders, as it spread further and further. Sporagloth became equal parts plant and artifice, but there was a curse in the armor, and slowly it ate away at Sporagloth’s mind. It burrowed within and the fungal sovereign found itself controlled by the curse within the armor. It began a rampage and path of destruction, slaughtering and killing its subjects, able to only watch as it killed its kin and kingdom.

Yet Sporagloth did not die, though it might have chosen to. Although the artificer and his family took advantage of the chaos to flee, and Sporagloth’s kingdom was destroyed, the fungal sovereign lived on still controlled by its cursed armor and still growing. It spread throughout the caverns, a rampant killer, only safe for the unliving and dwarves who the armor restrained it from attacking. The dwarves made use of Sporagloth then, using it as a tactical hiding hole for their wars against the orcs and drow. Yet Sporagloth’s mind was still alive, and it raged against those who murdered its people using it for their defense, yet it was impotent against the curse.

Sporagloth’s rage grew and grew however, and when the dwarves drove an orcish army into its clutches its fury finally reached a critical point. The self-replicating armor long since a part of its form began to glow as the curse within was converted by the sheer rage into pure magical energy. Sporagloth’s armor exploded, the cavern collapsing crushing dwarf and orc alike, and when the rubble was removed not a single trace of the titanic mass of fungus Sporagloth had become could be found among the tangled corpses.

Manifestation: Sporagloth manifests as a series of sprouting fungal fruiting bodies that soon begin to spread out from the sign. Pieces of metal seem to be organically grown throughout this fungal mass, and Sporagloth’s voice seems to boom from the entire carpet.

Sign: Mushrooms along your arms and back. If picked they quickly sublimate even as new ones grow from your flesh.

Influence: While under Sporagloth’s influence you become extremely protective of your kin and comrades, even those you normally would use as expendable tools, and may not allow harm to befall them if you can prevent it.

Granted Powers:

Bonded Armor: By spending one minute you may extend hyphae like growths through any armor you wear bonding it to you until you remove it or your bind with Sporagloth ends. While bonded with your armor in this way you gain a resistance bonus to saving throws equal to your armor’s enhancement bonus and when you need to make a saving throw you may, as an immediate action before rolling, use your AC in place of your saving throw (you do not roll, you simply compare your AC against the DC and if your AC is as high or higher than the DC you succeed on your save). Inspired by this homebrew.

Bud Cohort: By spending 10 minutes of concentration you may bud a clone of yourself. This clone has the plant type no matter what your actual type is and the plant traits instead of your own traits; if your type was Undead, Deathless, or Construct it has 10 Constitution. This clone has all your stats as if with 4 negative levels other than type, but is unable to act in anyway. As a standard action, however, you may transfer your consciousness into your clone, possessing it as if through Magic Jar while possessing your clone in this way you are treated as having 4 negative levels, and your body is helpless (as if you were using Magic Jar). However there is no range limit to how far you may go from your body and still have your soul return to it on the death of your clone. Your clone has fungally grown copies of any gear you were carrying when it was created, and while you possess your clone as long as your body still carries said items they function as if they were those items, but draw their very essence from them and if they are removed from your body or destroyed so too are the fungal copies, any magical properties are shared but using the magical property of a fungal copy uses it on the real item as well. If an item leaves your possession for more than the time required for a single attack it reverts to its fungal form and loses all abilities.

You may create any number of fungal clones, but your consciousness may only possess one at a time. If a fungal clone is reduced to 0 or less hp it immediately dies, decomposing and sublimating rapidly.

Construct Empathy: You may use a Charisma check with an untyped bonus equal to your binder level in place of Diplomacy to effect the attitudes of beings with the Construct type or Living Construct subtype. You may also use a Dexterity check with an untyped bonus equal to your binder level in place of the Ride skill when riding a Construct or Living Construct. In addition, mindless Constructs (Int 0) treat you as a Construct of the same type, and ignore your presence unless you attack them or they are directly ordered to attack you. Pretty much directly taken from this homebrew

Pacification Spores: As a standard action you may spray forth a burst of spores from your mouth in a 30 ft line. Any living creature in the line must make a Fortitude save or be fascinated for 2 rounds/binder level. Any overt danger directed at themselves, such as having a weapon or spell aimed at them, a creature approaching with drawn weapons, etc breaks this fascination, but the presence of general danger nearby does not grant bonuses against it. Any save bonus or immunity to poison, however, do apply. Once this ability is used you must wait 5 rounds to use it again.

Rapport Spores: You may release a 30 ft cone of spores as a standard action. You may communicate with any living creature caught in this cone as if through telepathy as long as it remains within 120 ft.

For Contractors: Painful Slumber of the Ages.

Vestige Mastery – Sporagloth [General]
    While Sporagloth is bound you are able to more thoroughly incorporate your armor into your being.
    Prerequisites: Craft (Armorsmithing) 15 ranks, Favored Vestige (Sporagloth).
    Benefit: Whenever you bind Sporagloth select one Magitech Templar magitech upgrade, you gain the benefits of it whenever you wear armor you have bonded with through Sporagloth’s Bonded Armor ability. You must fulfill any prerequisites the magitech upgrade possesses, but you are considered to have Armored Fortitude, Armored Reflexes, Armored Will, and Construct Empathy for these purposes.

Yeah, she's the good guy.

Anyway, that show definitely fails with its premise. It's clear the whole "kiss to seal their powers" thing is entirely unnecessary, save for 2 cases... maybe.
    I assume she comes back and proves it later.

I have to finish season 1 and then decide whether it's worth watching season 2, or to look for something different.

Also I must make 7 more non-epic vestiges before this thread ends... arguably also 3 more epic vestiges.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-10-10 at 10:07 PM.

Current Projects:

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

I assume she comes back and proves it later.

I have to finish season 1 and then decide whether it's worth watching season 2, or to look for something different.

Also I must make 7 more non-epic vestiges before this thread ends... arguably also 3 more epic vestiges.
    Yeah, she doesn't until season 2.

I can suggest other anime. I've seen a few good ones, some of them less insane.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, she doesn't until season 2.

I can suggest other anime. I've seen a few good ones, some of them less insane.
    I would not have made it 11 episodes in if it hadn't been insane. I like the insanity... It's not my normal genre (harem is miss more often than hit for me) but the insanity makes it fun. I am still unsure whether I want to watch season 2... immediately. I mean I want to watch it at some point, I think, but it's more of a I marathoned season 1 (for the most part) and need a break from it... which often means not ever returning to it.

Current Projects:

23. - Top - End - #263
    Firbolg in the Playground

Did Draconium's vestige of me ever get an epic vetsion?
    Afraid I've been slacking and gotten behind on reading the thread with any senblance of thoroughness.

Spoiler: Because...
    Show
    Got behind on sorting MtG cards and now I'm staring down an easily 10k mountain of cards. Thankfully a friend helped.me.pull.an all.nighter so about half of them are at least sorted by set.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SangoProduction View Post
    Sure, I give it.
    Sango, Captor of Music (SangoProductions)

Sango attempted to control music and found himself obliterated by it. When bound he grants the ability to produce magical songs to gain their power, and to release sound as a weapon.
    Vestige Level: 5th.

Legend: Sango was a conductor, a producer of music, one who irected others in their arts. Famed throughout his homeland, Sango attempted to create the ultimate orchestra. This was not an ends in and of itself however, no, Sango sought to use this ultimate orchestra to capture music itself, and for this purpose he sought sorcerous help.

An auditorium was built to perform the deed, the orchestra practiced and trained, and an audience gathered. Sango began to conduct, to lead his orchestra through its songs to try and lure the very essence of music within the trap he had had designed.

It almost worked. Music came, not just that sound called music, but the very essence of Music, but Sango and his sorcerous assistant had gravely underestimated the strength of this primal force. The trap sprung, Music shattered it, and as strange songs from before sapience first awoke in the Great Wheel began to play, songs as even the gods had not heard since the Wheel was shaped. The Eternal Song raged and the entire auditorium collapsed. Those who did not escape, permanently mad beyond even the reach of magic, were never found, not a single trace of their existence.

Manifestation: A man appears in the seal dressed as a conductor. He does not speak but merely holds up a hand and a baton causing music to begin to play in the area letting its orchestral tunes indicate mood and consent.

Sign: On occasion your body will seem to change shade, hair and skin becoming lighter or darker (and not necessarily the same for each) for the blink of an eye.

Influence: While under Sango’s influence you cannot stand any songs save those you produce, and may not allow others to produce music.

Granted Powers:

Claws of Sound: While Sango is bound you gain a pair of natural weapon claw attacks which deal 1d4 damage and can be used as primary or secondary natural weapons (gaining strength as appropriate). In addition any claw attack you make gains bonus sonic damage equal to ½ your binder level.

Discordant Cacophany: As a standard action you may release a burst of sound. Creatures (other than yourself) and unattended objects within 10 ft of you take 1d6 sonic damage per binder level. A Fortitude save is allowed to halve this damage. Once you have used this ability you must wait 5 rounds before using it again.

Produce Song: As a standard action you may make music begin playing about you. While it originates from you (and you may make a Perform check with it using ½ your binder level in pace of your ranks in Perform) there is no associated instrument and unless you are actively using the Perform skill it requires no action from you to maintain. This song can be played mutedly so that it is difficult to hear (requiring a DC 10 listen check before DC modifiers such as distance and walls), or can be played loudly imposing a -4 penalty on listen checks in the area (and requiring a DC -10 listen check), or a sane volume (DC 0 listen check). When you use this ability select one of the songs below to begin. Once that song has played for 5 consecutive rounds you gain a benefit based upon it until it stops playing. You may change song or volume as a swift action, though if you change the song you do not gain its benefits until 5 rounds have passed.
    • Resonance: As a standard action select a willing ally within 60 ft. While this song is active the selected ally gains the benefits of your Pact Augmentation ability as long as they remain within 60 ft or until you select another ally for this ability. In addition if either creature would take damage they may immediately end the effect of this song to transfer any amount of that damage to the other creature in the bond; they may not transfer damage greater than the other creature's remaining hit points in this way, and any damage dealt through this transference is not reduced or converted to nonlethal damage by abilities such as DR, regeneration, or hardness. If the song is ended this way it does continue to play and its effect resumes after 5 rounds (it does not require another standard action to start).
    • Stronger than You: While this song is active whenever you make a melee attack against a creature treat your Strength as its Strength +2. In addition whenever you make an opposed Strength check or Grapple check against a creature treat your Strength as its Strength +4.
    • Wave of Reason: While this song is active you gain a +6 insight bonus to Knowledge checks and the Knowledge Devotion feat; you do not however get to add a knowledge skill to your class skills (as the Knowledge Devotion feat normally allows you to). Allies within 30 ft of you gain a +4 insight bonus to Knowledge checks and half the bonus you receive from the Knowledge Devotion feat.
    • Hide and Seek: At the end of any turn in which you do not attack (as defined by the spell invisibility) you become invisible as the spell invisibility until you attack or this song ends. In addition you gain a +8 competence bonus to Spot and Search checks and the ability to see invisible and ethereal creatures and objects as the spell see invisibility.
    • Moving Forward: You gain the benefits of a Freedom of Movement spell and the Improved Bull Rush feat; if you already possess the Improved Bull Rush feat you may push the opponent up to twice the distance indicated by your roll (you still need to move with the target unless another ability circumvents this).

Song Step: When gaining the benefit of a song created by Produce Song (requiring the song to have been played for 5 rounds) you may end the song as a swift action to teleport up to 10 ft if the song was quiet, 30 ft if it was a normal volume, and 90 ft if it was loud. Once you have used this ability you must wait 5 rounds before you use it again.

For Contractors: Song of the Spheres (Doomsayer Invocation).

Vestige Mastery – Sango [General]
    While Sango is bound you gain the ability to remix two songs together to gain both of their powers at once.
    Prerequisites: Favored Vestige (Sango), Perform (any) 8 ranks.
    Benefit: While Sango is bound when you use Produce Song you may produce 2 songs at once gaining all their benefits simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Did Draconium's vestige of me ever get an epic vetsion?
    Nope. Though notably no one's vestiges of people have gotten epic versions, there's just been epic vestiges made of people who may all have already had completely unrelated non-epic vestiges made of them (or in Red Fel's case it's now possible for an epic level binder to triple bind him, but only if they're Lawful Evil). But I think there are only 3 epic vestiges in the thread atm. Which is 1 less than official epic vestiges.

That said I still need to try and break 32 regular in thread vestiges before I turn to making 3 more epic vestiges.

I may be mad (well I went theurge, optimal no, fun yes, and I'm an NPC I don't care about ECL I'm just build to properly challenge the party).
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-10-11 at 03:25 PM.

Current Projects:

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

Oh my god dude. Wow. That was...
    emotional response: positive.
    It really makes me want to get back in to making more music videos. Too bad I'm in a do-or-die stage in my college education.

About the Resonance song, just to simplify it, and to make it more generally useful, I would suggest just "Either you or the resonating ally may choose to take any portion of damage the other takes, instead of them." Perhaps, up to 50% of the total damage to prevent you being completely untouchable (to hit point damage), I dunno.
    Last edited by SangoProduction; 2016-10-11 at 12:31 AM.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Give permission, permanently I do.

Spoiler: Yoda
    Show
    -nommed-
    This time it's not about delusions of being an archfiend! Also the Yoda was delicious.

Atemu, Oni of the Worm (atemu1234)

A mahotsukai who served Kyuss and was devoured by the same worms he sought to use to devour his friends and family.
    Vestige Level: 4th.
    Binding DC: 22.
    Special Requirements: You must eat a live worm as part of binding Atemu.

Legend: Atemu was a necromancer, or as he was called in his native land a mahotsukai. Traveling to a far western land to learn the secrets of its powers, he instead learned of its dark gods and fell into the worship of one, Kyuss the Worm who Walks. Atemu brought the dark lore of this gods back with him to the eastern lands, and his spawn as well, the worm-ridden loping corpses.

Returning to his homeland Atemu taught his fellow practitioners of blood magic of Kyuss, of the promise of immortality in undeath, the escape from the corruption that was life and the nthingness of death. Some rejected Atemu, his new master’s spawn killed them and gave them the blessing they would have rejected. Others came willingly, and a cult of Kyuss was born in Atemu’s country. Little by little it gained influence and spread throughout the country, a dark corruption infecting those within. The promise was born, serve the cult well and immortality as a wight would be yours. Even the common folk could gain independence in undeath, for the undead were sacred to the cult and not to be countrolled.

As Atemu’s cult grew in the name of his master, his own ambition grew as well. Finally he decided to make his move, in an offering to his god he would feed the daimyo’s household to the worms. However something went wrong. When Atemu’s cult barred the gates of the palace and released the worms into it, the daimyo’s household was ready and already evacuations had begun through a secret path that Atemu had been assured had been blocked was open, the imperial priests were within the palace and Atemu found his cult rounded up, and forced into the palace they had thought they were ambushing. As the priests flooded the palace with holy water, the undeath-filled worms fled to the same chamber as the cowering cultists and their hunger growing with their pain they turned on Atemu himself. As the worms ate Atemu the holy waters flowed into the room. The worms still feasting on Atemu’s flesh burned and died, even as the necromancer breathed his last and the cult he had founded was wiped from the land.

Kyuss, however, was not pleased. The audacity of Atemu’s attempt to follow Kyuss’s own audacity as a priest, coupled with the abect failure leading to the cleansing and destruction of hundreds of thousands of Kyuss’s holy worms had enraged the god and he would not allow Atemu’s soul within his realm. The gods of Atemu’s own homeland would not accept him, not even to their hell for he had turned to foreign devils, and worshipped a god of another realm, and planted the seeds of Kyuss’s profanity within their own garden.

With no place to go, Atemu became a vestige.

Manifestation: Atemu appears as a dark-haired man in a pale blue kimono. His hair is tied up in a top knot and two swords sit sheathed at his waist. He holds a folding fan in a single hand as he discusses the pact with his would be binder. As the pact making process goes on worms begin to squirm forth from his flesh, little holes forming in his skin as they fall free. When the pact is made he comes undone, his whole form dissolving in worms which push themselves into the binder through nose and mouth.

Sign: Your skin rises and writhes as if worms were crawling beneath it.

Influence: While Atemu is bound you become adverse to holy symbols of good aligned faiths. You may not voluntarily touch one, nor approach within 5 ft of one.

Granted Powers:

Belch Worms: As a standard action you may release a cone of worms from your mouth in a 15 ft cone. Living creatures within this cone must make a Fortitude save. Those that fail are nauseated for 1 round and sickened for 1d4 rounds afterwards and suffer 1 point of Constitution damage plus 1 per 4 binder levels you possess. Those that succeed are merely sickened for 1 round and take 1 point of Constitution damage per 8 binder levels you possess. Once you have used this ability you must wait 5 rounds before using it again.

Disease Immunity: While Atemu is bound you gain immunity to disease.

Iajutsu Adept: While Atemu is bound you gain a +8 competence bonus to Iajutsu checks and a +4 competence bonus to Initiative checks.

Quick Draw: While Atemu is bound you gain the benefits of the Quick Draw feat.

Walking Sacrilege: While Atemu is bound you are surrounded by an aura of desecration out to 20 ft. This functions as a desecrate spell cast on an altar or shrine to your deity, except that it moves with you. You may suppress this ability or resume it as a swift action.

Worm Lash: When you draw a melee weapon you may transform it into a whip-like worm for a single attack made before the end of your turn. Your reach with this weapon is triple your normal melee reach (not your reach with a reach weapon even if this is normally a reach weapon), your target is considered flat-footed against the first attack you make after drawing a weapon in this manner, and you may use this worm lash to trip foes or disarm foes with a +2 bonus on the disarm check. Finally an attack with the worm lash is considered evil aligned for the purposes of Damage Reduction and regeneration. This transformation into a worm lash only lasts until you drop the weapon, attack with it, or the end of your turn, whichever comes first. Once you have used this ability you must wait 5 rounds to use it again.

For Contractors: Crawling Eye.

Vestige Mastery – Atemu [Vile]
    While Atemu is bound you gain the ability to control and create twisted worms to do your bidding.
    Prerequisites: Favored Vestige (Atemu).
    Benefit: While Atemu is bound you gain the additional granted ability listed below. In addition when you use your Worm Lash ability you may insert a parasite into a living target, they must make a Fortitude save or take 1d6 damage per round for 1 round per 3 binder levels as the parasitic worm eats through their body. A Remove Disease (or other disease ridding magic) effect ends this.

Crawling Scout: You may release a large yellowish-white maggot from your flesh. You can see through the eyes of this maggot, so you can use it to scout or spy.

The maggot can't crawl of its own volition, but you can direct it to move or climb up to 20 feet as a move action. Its Climb modifier is equal to your binder level (for Atemu) +8. The maggot is considered a Fine creature with AC 20 and 2 hit points. Its Hide and Move Silently modifiers are equal to your binder level. For all other purposes, its statistics are equal to yours.
    In addition you may direct it to climb into a creature that shares its space as a move action on your part. This is resolved as a melee touch attack, and if it succeeds the target must make a Fortitude save or begin to take 1 point of Constitution damage each round until they die. If this initial Fortitude save is a failure the only way to prevent the maggot is Iron Heart Surge, Remove Disease, other magic which removes diseases, either a Remove Curse or targeted Greater Dispel Magic with a CL greater than your binder level, your voluntary destruction of the maggot, or your death.

You may as a standard action destroy the maggot yourself, this ends any active infection in addition to destroying the magic. You may not release a second maggot while the first is still active (including inflicting Constitution damage), nor may you for 5 rounds after it is destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by SangoProduction View Post
    Oh my god dude. Wow. That was...
    emotional response: positive.
    It really makes me want to get back in to making more music videos. Too bad I'm in a do-or-die stage in my college education.

About the Resonance song, just to simplify it, and to make it more generally useful, I would suggest just "Either you or the resonating ally may choose to take any portion of damage the other takes, instead of them." Perhaps, up to 50% of the total damage to prevent you being completely untouchable (to hit point damage), I dunno.
    Glad you like it. And yeah Resonance steps on too many toes if I make it just two way Shield Other, currently the bigger effect is supposed to be the fact that it gives an ally +5 insight to attack rolls or DR 5/- or +5 insight to saves or ... Pact Augmentation is better than people give it credit for. Either way any changes will have to wait till I wake up.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-10-11 at 02:55 PM.

Current Projects:

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Granting permision so I finally get my own thingy on the playground (hadn't had any yet.)
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    Granting permission so I finally get my own thingy on the playground (hadn't had any yet.)
    before we make wild guess can you answer the following questions
    your alignment
    your favorite class
    if you have some of your homebrew

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    before we make wild guess can you answer the following questions
    your alignment
    your favorite class
    if you have some of your homebrew
    Mine, as a person? I'd consider myself as Lawful Neutral (I'm in process of studying Law), so that should be the most close axis to me.

I don't really have a favorite class. Those would include almost all full casters, and initiators. If I had to pick one, Wizard would do the trick. Yeah, If I had to play a single class for the rest of my life (#PleaseDon'tHappen), it would be a Wizard.

I do, here in the forums is the Warforged Scout Fix. Other than that, I do have a 3.5 version of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time almost fully completed (detailing it as a campaign setting, including dungeons and monsters). Also several World of Warcraft RPG homebrew racial features, but those are mostly based off 3.5e
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    Mine, as a person? I'd consider myself as Lawful Neutral (I'm in process of studying Law), so that should be the most close axis to me.

I don't really have a favorite class. Those would include almost all full casters, and initiators. If I had to pick one, Wizard would do the trick. Yeah, If I had to play a single class for the rest of my life (#PleaseDon'tHappen), it would be a Wizard.

I do, here in the forums is the Warforged Scout Fix. Other than that, I do have a 3.5 version of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time almost fully completed (detailing it as a campaign setting, including dungeons and monsters). Also several World of Warcraft RPG homebrew racial features, but those are mostly based off 3.5e
    okay this can help so you are basicly in the same camp with unseen mage (aka our warforged expert) do you have favorite race (warcraft,D&D or pathfinder or starwars(due starfinder)