New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: IC Urban Shadows-Strangers in the Square Mile

Quote Originally Posted by Zen Gypsy View Post
    Novak Stanislav, the Tainted

He paused his tirade as Ezra asked his question, "Waltham's," he near growled. "F%^king Court Politics. Ain't me if you don't have proof, well, you and yours seem to turn to f%^king ash anytime someone takes a real swing at ya, so it's not f%^king likely that I'll be able to produce the evidence the god damn Prince wants to prove they were his f%^king soldiers, is it?!?"

"Seeing as I won't be getting help from the Court to track down these soldiers, I'll just have to assume that the Court has got issues with me and mine. Seeing as how they scooped out the F%^KING eyes of one of my men!!!! So you'll excuse me if my organization circles the wagons to protects it's own, stock up, might be bloody difficult to get a discrete pint in town til this situation resolves itself."

A meeting, it might help clarify things, it could be a set up. Either way he would have to risk it.

"My office, give me 45, I have things that need attending."
    Ezra continued in patient silence as Novak continued his little tirade. "Mr. Stanislav, really. Such colorful language, it doesn't become a gentleman to speak in such a manner even in anger. I'll be with you shortly." Shortly of course meant after he dealt with the cub and her finger wiggling friend. The location sounded like where the meeting the Court wanted set up was to be so that made things easier. Things clearly fell out, no matter. He tucked his phone away, a whistle finding his lips as he prepared for what was probably going to be a fight.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Ružica winced again and held Morgana's hand. "We cannot stay here," she urged as she moved towards the door. "Whatever your reason, it is not right to turn away from a wrongdoing." She paused, and then spoke more gently, "I will protect you, still. But you cannot run from this, as it will only taint you for the rest of your life."

She sucked in a breath, then asked, "Do you trust me?"

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    I think I'm trying to persuade her... (2d6)[9]

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

All five of the weapons were present. Unlucky. Elizabeth's mind raced. A frontal assault was out of the question; As was just waiting for the enemy to leave. A distraction, then? She couldn't think of anything that would get enough weapons out of the way. After all, Elizabeth would need an opportunity to reach Anne; Release her; And then lead (or possibly carry) her out. It'd take quite a distraction to accomplish that. Should she call the police? No, that wouldn't work either. Even if they managed to reach Anne in time, they'd no doubt detain her for questioning. Elizabeth needed her tonight.

The seconds ticked onwards. The captured witch would have to suffer for a bit longer: Because her would-be saviour needed to think.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Okay, it's been several days. I'm still no closer to a viable plan. So I suppose Elizabeth's action will have to be the same as my own: Keep thinking.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

He opened the desk drawer, drew out a hand carved cigar box. The scenes depicted on the box were that of a clash between knights, horses rearing, swords raised, deep, dark wood. The box itself weathered, old, but well cared for.

He accepted the bag from Atkinson, "Not burned?" He paused, holding up the grisly trophy. A message. "So they took his eyes from him, cut the word 'Spy' into them, then they burned him, and placed his own eyes in his hands." A message, he question was, was it Adrahm sending a message, informing Novak that he was aware of the fact that Salema was betraying him, or was is Salema telling him that his own man was a spy. Either way, it was a challenge to his authority, and would be seen as an attack on him, and the bratva, and he needed to respond in kind. Yet, as he told Ezra, there were other matters to attend to, he looked to the slumped form of Waltham.

He dialed Ružica's number, waiting patiently for her to pick up.

Show
    Hitting the Streets, rolling Mortality of +2, (2d6+2)[8]. Hope that works out for me!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Quinn

"She will not speak." The blade puppets look at each other. Then they nod in unison.

The puppet with the urumi walks behind Anne, and pulls back at her hair, exposing her throat, while forcing her head up.

"Last chance to speak the truth." She holds her chain against Anne's neck. "Where. Is. The dagger?"

Anne however doesn't say anything. Her eyes have locked with yours. She quivers at the sight of you. Her eyes plead, 'help me'. She looks like she's about to say something.

Spoiler: Quinn
    Show
    What do you do?

Ezra

You arrive at the area where Ruzika lives. A small rundown apartment complex, not usually your scene. Then you notice the murder of crows flying by an apartment. It looks like they are trying to slam into the window. If you had to guess, you'd say that was Ruzika's apartment.

Spoiler: Ezra
    Show
    What do you do?

Ruzika

"I-I do trust you." She shakes as she forces the words out. "But, you can't leave me ok? You have to stay with me, you can't leave me alone ok? If your not with me, I'm running."

Your phone starts ringing. A different unknown number from before.

Spoiler: Ruzika
    Show
    Do you pick up?

Novak

"No, they must have been extracted before the body was immolated." He looks at your cigar. "Would it be pointless of me to say your lungs are barely in a state to exhale, let alone take a draft?" He shakes his head, already knowing the answer. He resumes checking Waltham's vitals.

Spoiler: Novak
    Show
    Do you want the cop's location to go see him yourself, or do you want him brought to you? Either way, it's going to take a little time. I'll tell you the result of your hit the streets after your roll.

Also, you are in serious condition. Like, just survived a plane crash serious. You won't heal properly for days, without magic.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Ružica nodded and beckoned for the door, hurrying out with her before the crows could storm in and attack them. Once they were out on the hallway, she looked to Livia to say, "Morgana and I will come with you. I am not abandoning her in this instance, as I have sworn to protect her. Are those terms acceptable?"

She does frown and reach to the phone again, quietly thinking about how annoying the device was. She never had anything like this back in Croatia, just letters. She excused herself and turned the hallway, answering it. "This is Ružica. Who speaks?"

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Ruzika

Livia smiles broadly upon seeing Morgana. "Miss Hemwick, it is a pleasure to see you again." Morgana looks down, not meeting her eyes. Livia turns to you.

"I'm sorry, but that is not quite possible. Trials such as these are for the purivew of mages, and those recognised by magical organisations. It is the only way to ensure all parties are accountable, and no wild cards are brought into play." Morgana goes white with fear. Livia shrugs.

"Unless you bear some item or symbol that would indicate your recognition by a magical group, say the Mavens of Hyde Park for example," She pauses and gives you a knowing look, "If you carried such an item with you, then I would have no reason to not take you with me."

Morgana looks at you with pleading puppy dog eyes.

Show
    What do you do?

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoreBrute23 View Post
    Ezra

You arrive at the area where Ruzika lives. A small rundown apartment complex, not usually your scene. Then you notice the murder of crows flying by an apartment. It looks like they are trying to slam into the window. If you had to guess, you'd say that was Ruzika's apartment.

Show
    What do you do?
    "Well. Looks like I'm not the only one looking for my little lioness." There was no time like the present and he felt he track the girl down, there wasn't a chance he was going to use the window which meant he had to do it the old fashioned way. Stairs and probably a few fights along the way.

9. - Top - End - #129

Quote Originally Posted by Ružica View Post
    "This is Ružica. Who speaks?"
    Novak smiled, coughed, wiped the blood from his lips. "It's Novak. Glad to hear you made it out of Waltham's. Seems however, that he's not quite out of the woods yet, and my physician isn't really up to the task, so to speak." A cough again, a wince, he was trying to mask the pain, and was only marginally successful.

"Trying to get to the bottom of the attack, looks like a couple stories were in play. Those stories cost me the life of one of my men, and a woman who is of some value to me was abducted. So here's what I need, Waltham's going to need one of his own to look at his wounds, if you have a connection to your Hyde park friends, I could use one of them looking at my wounds. That being said, I need to know what the hell was going on at Waltham's, there was another party involved. Hoodie, trying to be real nondescript."

Show
    Considering his injuries, I think I want Whitaker brought to me. Though not to the safe house, to my office, and preferably willingly, I don't want him abducted beat up or threatened, too much.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

Quinn

"She will not speak." The blade puppets look at each other. Then they nod in unison.

The puppet with the urumi walks behind Anne, and pulls back at her hair, exposing her throat, while forcing her head up.

"Last chance to speak the truth." She holds her chain against Anne's neck. "Where. Is. The dagger?"

Anne however doesn't say anything. Her eyes have locked with yours. She quivers at the sight of you. Her eyes plead, 'help me'. She looks like she's about to say something.
    The eyes which met Anne's were so very cold. Elizabeth saw this woman as nothing more than a resource. With exaggerated lip movements, she mouthed a few words.

[Just. Tell. Them...Or. Lie.]

Seriously, why didn't Anne just answer the weapons' question? Sure, they might well kill her anyway; But at least it'd give her a shot at survival. Even if she didn't actually know the answer, she could still try to bluff. Elizabeth really shouldn't have had to spell this out. It was a blindingly obvious strategy. Perhaps there was some reason why Anne couldn't bargain for her life. If so, then said life was probably forfeit. Because Elizabeth didn't have any better ideas.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Ružica let out a breath of relief, to say, "I am also relieved, Mister Novak. There was a rumour on the streets, part of what led me to Waltham's even if it were not for his word that I protect Morgana now. Have you heard of the Blackwell Gang? They are ruffians, vampires all; if it were not the machinations of the Court, then it may be the Gang acting independently."

She drew her notebook and rattled off a number. "That is the number of a ghoul of theirs, named Harriet. She owes me -- mention my name, and she should hopefully help us reach the truth of this matter."

She paused further when Novak mentioned the Hyde Park, however. She ... really didn't want to involve Ashe any further with this matter, given how rattled she was. "I am unsure if a healer would be available on short notice, Mister Novak. But you may visit the copse and see if the mavens could attend to your wounds... I am regretful I am not more helpful on this matter."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Ruzica is dropping Harriet's name as she owes her a debt -- (2d6+1)[10].

12. - Top - End - #132

He looked to Bocca, "Get the car," he pointed to Waltham, "get him loaded into it. Make sure he doesn't puke on the leather. We're going to Hyde park. I'll meet you downstairs, and while you're pulling the car around, think long and hard, the Blackwell Gang? If you have heard anything about them, I'll want to hear it while we drive."

He turned towards Atkinson, "Good man doc. Good man. Your usual fee will be in your account tomorrow. I'll have my guys drop off some ... medication. You can relax, forget all about tonight. It's been a long, bloody one, no need to dwell on it."

He struggled over to his desk, "No need to dwell on it at all."

He looked behind the desk, a gift from Czernobog, a cane, made of dark wood, polished and worn almost black. Heavy, capped with iron. And a smooth, worn handle, made from bone. A femur, the hand resting on the ball joint. Novak never asked, and Czernobog never revealed more than he wished, but he knew, it was human. A sacrifice, a lover, an agent like himself. He never knew, nor dare he ask.

He leaned heavily on the cane, clack! step, shuffle, clack! step, shuffle. Not exactly dealing from a position of power, something the coven would surely notice, but he would have to make due. He couldn't let the Court, or this Blackwell Gang smell weakness. He was exposed, injured, weak, and he did not like it.

At all.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

Ružica set her phone down after Novak hung up, hoping that he had enough of a lead to go off. If she'd learnt anything about the way London's shadows worked, it was that things were much more heavily intertwined with each other than she cared to be. But she had more immediate concerns -- she looked back to Livia and her proposal.

"I see. Then I shall respect your ritual, and prepare a suitable item of the Mavens'," Ružica answered curtly, moving back into the apartment and hurrying to one of her magically enchanted drawers. She silently stared at the dryad branch, but then reached for a separate branch instead -- a double that she'd prepared ahead of time in the case that pursuers would be after it. It had a similar tinge of magic from it.

Assuming that she doesn't get attacked by the crows, she returns out to the hallway.

Show
    I'm going to trick Livia by taking out a dryad branch duplicate instead of the real thing. (2d6+1)[6]

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Quinn

Anne looks up at you, eyes squinting confused.

"Huh?" She says, the word echoes across the warehouse. The chain wielding puppet stopped.

"What are you looking at?" She then looked up, and her eyes meet yours. The puppet is light skinned, either Middle Eastern or Indian. Her eyes are unnaturally green, likely from contact with the enchanted weapon.

"Intruder!" Anne is tossed to the ground, as the puppet threw her chain straight up, the end wrapping around the catwalk you stand upon. The other puppets pull out their weapons, ready for battle. Anne is breathing heavily.

Show
    What do you do?

Ruzika

Spoiler: Drop a name
    Show
    You aren't actually dropping a name. The ghoul isn't giving you an opportunity-it might give Novak an opportunity. So you have two choices:
    1. Give Novak the debt you have on Harriet. Then he can cash in the debt on her. You can ask for Novak to remove a debt he has on you in exchange for this favor.
    2. Tell Novak to drop your name when he meets Harriet. You keep your debt on Harriet, but it might cost Novak his debt with you.

Either way, you don't need to roll.

You grab your false twig, and head back to the front door, eager to convince the mage. You only just notice the sound of crows has vanished. They aren't by your window. They also aren't the only thing gone.

Livia is gone too. And so is Morgana.

Show
    What do you do?

Novak

Bianca comes back in. "Boss we have a problem. That cop you were looking for, uh, well he's not in the best shape. Apparently, he came to the police station roaring mad, and was put in the drunk tank. We can't exactly get him out, without hitting the police station. That'll be costly boss." You can tell she doesn't mean in terms of money. In terms of manpower, resources. Maybe lives.

Atkinson nods and stands up to leave, when Waltham begins to cough wildly. He pushes himself up, and coughs black fluid into the bucket. When he finishes, he collapses down, and looks around.

"Where the hell am I?" He looks at you. "Brimstone. Where's Morgana? What's going on?"

"That's what I want to know." Atkinson asks. He looks up from the bucket, face paler than you thought possible. He shows it to you. "The f*** is this?"

In the bucket, in black and red fluid, is the symbol of Czernobog. More importantly, it's the sign he has a task for you.

Show
    What is the symbol of Czernobog? Also, what do you do?

Ezra

As you climb up the stairs, arriving at Ruzika's floor, a fair skinned woman with blonde curled hair walks past you. She is dressed in elegant professional black, like a lawyer-you would say she's in her 30s.

"Pardon me." You notice in her right hand she's carrying a bird cage, with a very alarmed white dove, fluttering it's wings.

Show
    This woman seems to want to walk down the stairs past you. What do you do?
    Last edited by CoreBrute23; 2016-10-28 at 02:14 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Ah, okay -- I'll give Novak the debt I have on Harriet!

Ružica grimaced, knowing that she has been outsmarted. She raced down the staircase, eager to give chase after them.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

Sometimes, Elizabeth was just too nice for her own good. She should really have left as soon as Anne saw her. But no, she'd chosen to stay and give some advice. Curse her compassionate soul! Thanks to that, she now had to make a considerably less leisurely exit. Still, maybe this distraction would provide Anne an opportunity to escape; Not that the pathetic woman deserved it.

As the enemy readied their weapons, Elizabeth drew her own. She was confident of her ability to best any of these brainwashed puppets in single combat. Five, though, would be pushing it. Best to retreat before they grouped up. Estimated chances of avoiding a fight: 40%. But it was worth a try. With a last parting glare at Anne, Elizabeth ran towards the warehouse window.

Show
    Escape: (2d6-1)[6]

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Ezra

As you climb up the stairs, arriving at Ruzika's floor, a fair skinned woman with blonde curled hair walks past you. She is dressed in elegant professional black, like a lawyer-you would say she's in her 30s.

"Pardon me." You notice in her right hand she's carrying a bird cage, with a very alarmed white dove, fluttering it's wings.

Show
    This woman seems to want to walk down the stairs past you. What do you do?
    Ezra moves briskly considering the strange ravens, until he runs into the young woman that is. Strange for someone to be carrying a bird about, who traveled with their birds? It could also be a simple coincidence considering the ravens outside but you didn't live to be two hundred or so simply leaving things to simple coincidence. "Have a care...that's a very pretty bird you have there." He plants himself in the middle of the stairs, smiling a toothy smile. "Might I take a look at it, I'm an Ornithologist believe it or not, that dove is a rare sight. Especially here in London. All we get are Corvid and Columbidae."

18. - Top - End - #138

Novak snorted, looked over to Waltham, "Morgana? I am assuming that's the name of the little tart that the fangs were after when they so rudely interrupted my scotch? I'll assume she's safe, for the time being, she left with Ružica. As for where you are, my offices, I managed to deal with the Court's soldiers," he ran a hand down his blood-soaked bandages, "though at a cost. Yet, here we are, both still drawing breath ..."

He paused as he saw Atkinson's face. He looked to the bucket, and there, floating atop the blood, offal, and puss, was his symbol. Like a fresh scab, russet and brown.

Spoiler: Czernobog's Symbol
    Show

He looked quickly to Waltham, "A car awaits outside, to take us to Hyde Park, I can drop you wherever you wish, but for now I need you all to get out."

"NOW!"

After the room had cleared, he set the bucket beside an empty chair, from a desk drawer he withdrew the checker board, and arranged the pieces just so.

Finally he took a box of cigars, opened it, and set on in front of the empty chair.

The old bastard was due at any time.
    Last edited by Zen Gypsy; 2016-11-02 at 04:56 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Ezra

The woman grimaces slightly, unnerved by your threathening demenour.

"Indeed? Well sorry to doubt your ornithological credentials but doves are a kind of Columbidae." Still, she passes you the dove's cage. The dove recoils from you, trying to flap as far from you as possible.

Strangely, you catch a glimpse of a smirk on the woman's face.

Show
    What do you do?

Ruzika

You come to a hallway, and at the far end you see the staircase Livia handing a birdcage to Ezra. There seems to be a frantic dove inside the cage.

Suddenly a large woman steps in front of you, with her arms crossed.
    "Ruth," Mrs. Potsdam mispronounces your name as always. "What kind of racket have you been making? I heard the sounds of wild animals and glass banging. Is this one of your pot orgies?"

Livia and Ezra are still several metres from you.

Show
    What do you do?

Quinn

As you try to run, you feel something sharp slash against your tendons causing you incredible pain. It forces you to stumble and fall down the catwalk.

You land on the ground floor, your experience as a cat-burgler (among other things) helping you to roll with the fall as best you could, but it still hurt.

The 5 puppets stand around you, each holding their weapons prepared. The woman with the chain speaks first.

"Who are you? Why do you spy on us?"

Show
    Mark 2 Harm. Your cut tendons mean you won't be running for at least a little while.

What do you do?

Novak

Everyone clears out when you make the order, Bianca helping Waltham stagger out.

You hear the slow steps from behind you, as he steps slowly forward, his hammer serving as a cane, although you have no doubt to his physical strength.

"Cigars and checkers,"
    He muses approvingly. The chair creeks slowly as he takes a seat. "I see no vodka though. Were your manners lost in that explosion?" He sets the hammer down and begins moving a piece.

The game has begun.

After a few turns, he speaks, eyes still on the board.

"There is an item in the city that is due to awaken. It belonged to an old acquaintance of mine. He is unable to retrieve it himself, so I have taken it upon myself to ensure it's safety."
    He takes a deep breath of his cigar, and blows dark smoke that fills the room.

"This item is called by some The Beating Heart, or Abel's Favor."
    As he talks, an image forms in the smoke. An artifact, resembling a human heart. You can feel the dark power just looking at it.

"Tonight you will find this item." He says it with certainty, not as a demand, but one who knows your destiny."When you do, you must hide it in a safe place, one where no one will discover it. Mortal or immortal, living or dead, demonic or divine. You must keep it hidden from all of them."

The smoke clears, revealing him putting the final piece down, leaving the board in a state where you can only surrender, or lose.

"Do you have any questions, my chosen?"

Show
    Your Patron has given you a job. If you accomplish it, you gain a debt on him.

What do you do?

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Ružica begged in the earnest way only Ružica could, "Missus Potsdam, I still do not understand your belief that I am obsessed with pottery and organs, but it was not me. 'Tis a flock of ravens at the window, who have fled, nothing more."

Show
    I am trying to persuade Mrs. Potsdam while not knowing what the word 'pot' or 'orgy' means! (2d6)[5]