New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: IC Urban Shadows-Strangers in the Square Mile

Quinn

"I don't know, I don't know!" You startle the girl so much, she goes straight to stoat form. She'll be like that for a while.

Spoiler: Quinn
    Show
    sounds like you are investigating a place of power. Roll with Power and describe what your investigation looks like. Is it just good old fashioned Sherlock Holmesianing? Some sixth sense you possess? Something else?

EDIT:or you could roll to Let it out, expanding senses that way works too.
    Last edited by CoreBrute23; 2016-10-06 at 09:05 AM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Useless girl. Elizabeth turned her full attention to the room at large. An image of the unsullied shop appeared in her mind. She superimposed that memory over the mess which had replaced it. With speed born from centuries of practice, she traced the origin of each piece of wreckage. Those metal sticks over there had once been part of a lucky charm. Those shards of glass, mixed in with the broken bulbs, came from a crystal ball. One by one, each familiar thing was catalogued and eliminated: Leaving only the unfamiliar. Was there anything here that didn't belong?

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Investigate: (2d6+1)[6]

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Quinn
    You glance around the room, and you can practically recreate the crime in your mind.

The sword that cut through the door was sharper than any mortal blade could be. You see the chains on the backdoor have been cut through as well. Signs of a struggle on the floor.

You get a strange sense of Deja Vu. Then the memory comes rushing back-you know who did this crime.

Because they once came to take you in a similar manner.

Show
    Who was this group who kidnapped you in a similar manner? When did they do it? Were you aware they were still active?

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Ružica didn't do much -- there was not much point in moving around aimlessly given she knew the haven was the safest place she could be at this point in time. She was also still winded from the sprint earlier; she was only glad she avoided tearing a muscle or twisting an ankle.

"Morgana," she spoke after some time. "I will help you. If it is departure that you desire, then I will help you leave this city. You mentioned -- a man. He was going to take you out of the city? Who is he?"
    Last edited by Merilan; 2016-10-07 at 01:12 AM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CoreBrute23 View Post
    Ezra

"Hah." The man moves his hand away, and the pain stops. "So that's it. You are the chosen of Abel." He gives a smile, like a gambler with a winning hand.

"The artifact has been in my family for several centuries, until my daughter stole it today. I will make you a deal." He rests his cane on his lap.

"Bring me back my daughter before sunrise. If you do, I shall tell you how to awaken Abel's Favour from it's dormancy. Otherwise," He looks out the window. You've reached Canary Wharf.

"It's a lovely night for a swim."

Spoiler: Ezra
    Show
    What do you do?
    "I think you need to work on your threats. But I take your point. Any clues you could give me on your darling little girl would help me wonders." Ezra straightens his tie, glancing out at the Wharf. "We could have skipped the threats, we want the same thing. Not well to startle a gentleman in such a manner."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Quinn
    You glance around the room, and you can practically recreate the crime in your mind.

The sword that cut through the door was sharper than any mortal blade could be. You see the chains on the backdoor have been cut through as well. Signs of a struggle on the floor.

You get a strange sense of Deja Vu. Then the memory comes rushing back-you know who did this crime.

Because they once came to take you in a similar manner.

Show
    Who was this group who kidnapped you in a similar manner? When did they do it? Were you aware they were still active?
    Oh, so it was those puppets. How irritating. Elizabeth cast her mind back 400 years. Yes, the blade marks matched perfectly. The wielders would be different this time, of course. Their lives were so very brief. But each time one fell, another misguided fool would take up their weapon: Because it was really the weapons that called the shots.

Some magic items have a will of their own. Whether deliberately or by accident, a portion of their creators' soul gets sealed within them. These things can't really be called 'sentient'. It's more like they embody a single desire: 'Kill all the Saxons'; 'Acquire limitless wealth'; 'Guard this tomb forever'. Any fool who uses such an item will gradually become a mere instrument of its mission. Such was true of the people who'd kidnapped Elizabeth (and now Anne). They served a set of weapons, all made by the same creator. Elizabeth sighed. This was getting far too troublesome. Stepping over various debris, she made her way to the back of the shop.

"Stay safe. I'm going after Anne."

7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground

Novak Stanislav, the Tainted

The evening had turned into utter chaos. Adrahm had not arrived as expected, the Courts vampiric soldiers had assaulted the pub, injuring the wooden proprietor to previous wounds, Ruzica's counter attack had exposed Novak to the blistering heat of holy fire, his initial attack had crippled the lead soldier, who then produced a grenade, and the entire scenario unfolded as an officer began calling for backup.

It was chassis on a scale that only Czernobog could enjoy. Novak tossed back his head and a deep guttural laugh echoed through the pub, above the sound of crackling fire and the moans of the injured and dying.

He least across the intervening space, powering his way through the two remaining soldiers, then he brought his hammer up at shoulder level. With hellish strength he drove it across their backs driving them towards the epicentre if the grenade blast.

He then tackled the officer to the ground, hoping to avoid the explosion. Glancing at the officers badge he spoke, "Officer Whittaker, you have been witness to dark forces that lurk below, run as though the Hounds of Hell nipped at your heels, for they do. RUN!

He then wheeled, turning to face the remaining soldiers, his eyes shielded from the coming blast by his forearm.

Show
    Sorry for the late response, some writer's block as I tried to figure out how to deal with a grenade, without just bring my invulnerable Bull, from the Masks game. Which post from my phone so excuse formatting, also not sure what I should roll, but that blast may still catch me!

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Ruzika

As you comfort Morgana, you hear an explosion from the bar you just left. The young mage's eyes open wide and she lunges for the bar.

"Waltham! No!"

Spoiler: Ruzika
    Show
    What do you do?

Novok

Spoiler: Novok
    Show
    Waiting on your Let it Out roll.

Ezra

The car comes to a sudden stop, and if you aren't wearing a seat belt, you lunge forward slightly. The mysterious man is unmoved.

"I don't know where she is-if I could track her myself, I'd have no use for you.

"A Wolf known as Waltham may know where she is. Said Wolf is currently being taken to a Bratva stronghold. Find out what he knows."
    He waves a hand at the driver. The driver's head slams down on the steering wheel unconscious, causing the horn to scream loudly.

"This man wears a pearl ring on his left hand. Take it, and put it on your finger when you've found my daughter. Then I will fulfill my end of the deal."
    He taps his cane on the floor of the car, and suddenly he's gone.

The loud noise of the alarm is starting to get some attention from passerbys.

Show
    What do you do?

Quinn

The stoat nods at you timidly, before hiding under the blanket again.

Show
    What are you doing now? And why did the Blade Puppets kidnap you 400 years ago? Was it in London then too, or somewhere else?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Ružica flinched, but then firmly held her back and said, "No, do not. Waltham is not there anymore. I know that man brought him out, brought him to safety. It is not safe there..."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Novok

The explosion is blinding, and the force almost breaks your demonic arm, while shrapnel slash at your back. As it subsides, there is the unmistakable odur of death. The Vampire leader, turned suicide grenadier, was nothing but a Vitae stain on the floor.

You can see the two remaining vampires outside the bar-the explosion had thrown them through the walls. They stagger to their feet, turning to the right and beginning to run. You can't see any weapons in their hands-maybe they lost it in the explosion.

"What t-the hell?" Officer Whittaker coughs as the dust clears. He looks mostly unharmed, aside from some small bruising from a demon gangster tackling him to the ground. "I-I don't know what's going on, or what nonsense this is, b-but I'm not leaving without knowing who did this. Who are you? Who were those guys?" Even though he's putting on a brave face, you can tell he's scared-nothing in police training prepares you for demons and explosions.

Show
    Take 3 Harm. If you have any Armor, apply it now (aka, if you have +1 armor, you only take 2 harm).

Officer Whittaker is modiying the terms-he won't leave unless you give him some information. Either the name of the culprits, the group they work with, or a name to identify you. He needs something, before he allows himself to run.

Ruzika

Morgana struggles in your arms, but it's futile. She's too injured and you are too strong for her.

At that moment a a Union Jack themed taxi comes driving by, stopping at your spot. A red haired girl with green eyes jumps out of the cab, shouting a quick 'Thank you' before coming at your side.

"Oh Ruzie," Her accent is delightfully Irish. "What trouble have you got yourself into this time?" She sighs before kneeling next to Morgana. "There there dearie, why don't you just relax. Do you know your name?"

Morgana struggles to keep her eyes open at this point. Ashley wrinkles her nose, worried, and opens her small knapsack, pulling out some plants and stones.

"Alright Ruzie, tell me everything while I work. Gaia, what I would give for some decent moonlight."

Spoiler: Ashley Coustwell
    Show

Show
    What do you do? How much do you share?

11. - Top - End - #71

"They!", he growled, "Are soldier's of the Vampire Court. A society, that for countless ages has hidden from human eyes. They are aware of you now Whittaker. They will kill you to keep you silent. They have pawns within the police, the government, any sector of business where a profit can be made."

He winced, his arm hung useless at his side, the pain would subside, but it needed time. "You cannot report their existence to your superiors, the Court will discover you, silence you, or worse. You would do best to report this as the IRA, or some sort of gang violence, and find the evidence to support that claim. I can shelter you from the Court, but only if you do as I say."

He whirled to the two remaining soldiers of the Court, slowly he raised his one good arm, bringing the head of the hammer level with his shoulder. "This man is under my protection, and now I have the taste of your blood," as he spoke he licked the gore from the slaughter house hammer. "I can track you, find you, find your master. You have committed grievous crimes here, that threaten the balance, sins against the wolfen, sins against my Patron. I am within my rights to take both your lives and make amends to your master. I am disinclined to do so, for now."

"Run!"
    Last edited by Zen Gypsy; 2016-10-08 at 07:50 AM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Quinn

The backdoor does not lead outside. That would be tricky in such a hole in the wall. In fact this chained door leads to a basement area that Anne keeps sealed. Even you don't know what's in there.

Opening the door, you can hear rustling of metal from down the stairs. Looking down, there's a man, kneeling in front of an old bronze safe.

"Come on, just a little bit more..." You hear a voice accented in German whisper. "Open up your secrets to me you little coy..." he doesn't seem to have noticed you.

Show
    What do you do?

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Novok

The vampire soldiers snarl at you, but they were already on the move and are off running-you lose sight of them.

"Vampire court...patron...IRA..." He seems so disorientated by all the new information, just nodding all the way. The minute you get off him, he stumbles to his feet, and gets the hell out of what's left of the bar.

Now it's just you, alone in an empty bar, badly wounded.

Show
    What do you do?

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Elizabeth eyed the would-be thief. Was this a straggler from the puppets? Or just a passing opportunist? Either way, he deserved some attention. Elizabeth crept carefully down the stairs. Once she was directly behind the safe cracker, she coughed delicately.

"Are you looking for anything in particular?"

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Ezra

The car comes to a sudden stop, and if you aren't wearing a seat belt, you lunge forward slightly. The mysterious man is unmoved.

"I don't know where she is-if I could track her myself, I'd have no use for you.

"A Wolf known as Waltham may know where she is. Said Wolf is currently being taken to a Bratva stronghold. Find out what he knows."
    He waves a hand at the driver. The driver's head slams down on the steering wheel unconscious, causing the horn to scream loudly.

"This man wears a pearl ring on his left hand. Take it, and put it on your finger when you've found my daughter. Then I will fulfill my end of the deal."
    He taps his cane on the floor of the car, and suddenly he's gone.

The loud noise of the alarm is starting to get some attention from passerbys.

Show
    What do you do?
    Ezra shakes his head though takes the ring. "You've been most decidedly helpful I must say. I suppose I have a dog to speak with." Ezra excuses himself from the car with a little bow, deftly sliding the ring onto his finger. No doubt it was tracking him as well, alongside other less savory aspects. If Waltham could help, then it was Waltham he'd have to find. Such a troublesome night.

Show
    Guess that's a Hit the Streets move? Wolves are a Night Faction?

(2d6+2)[9]

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Ružica let out a little sigh, and though she does not admit it, Ashley is one of the persons in London she let her guard down around... a little. "Morgana Hemwick," she whispered quietly, not wanting to disrupt Ashley's work too much. "I believe she is a mage of a kind, and she wishes to be spirited away from this city. She was in talks with a man who could offer that safe passage, but vampires of the Court assaulted her at the Waltham's."

She paused and frowned, quietly. "I was able to dispatch a few, but she was nearly kidnapped. And she was injured during the chase, and this... is where we are now. I want to help her leave the city, if possible."

She sat down, drawing her legs close as she murmured, sounding a bit tired, "I am in your debt as always, Ashe." She also used her nickname for Ashley.

17. - Top - End - #77

He stood, dazed a moment, before reaching for his cellphone. His features flowed, shifting, the scent of the charnel house, of slaughter and death still lingered. His shift, into the other, had protected his clothing, though small blooms of red, spread across his cuffs, as the blood trickled down his arm.

He looked at his phone, the explosion had damaged it beyond all use. He tucked it back into a pocket, carefully, and walked out the rear of Waltham's. Though calling it walking was being generous. He leaned against the alley wall, smearing some blood, before he found a cab. As he hailed it, he braced, he had been wounded before, hell, he had died before. He could walk straight, hold his shoulders back for ten feet.

He climbed into the back, slowly, gingerly, like an old man. The cabbie inquired about his health, he reached into his pocket took out several large notes, and tossed them through the window. "Your cell," he coughed, "I need to make a call." The man turned to look at him, raising an eyebrow quizzically. Novak looked down at the Drivers License in the back, identifying his driver as one Conrad MacIntyre. "Drive Mr. MacIntyre, I'm a profitable fare, but to conclude our business I will need your cellphone."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Novak

As you stumble out of the bar, drenched in your own blood, the few people still around flee at your wretched form. You know that no cab is going to stop for you, in your state.

You need to rest, you need to lie down, you've lost so much blood...

"Boss!" A familiar woman's voice calls out to you, grabbing you as you go down. She swears in Russian. "Help me get him in the car, while he's still conscious." The Bravta muscle takes you to the sedan where Micah had parked, plopping you in the backseat along with the two others.

One body is obviously Waltham, still convulsing from whatever he was given. The other has a familiar smell-like charbroiled steak. Turning, you see it's a man-or was a man. Their body has been burnt black, looking more like a charchol outline.

You recognize the style of his jacket-Micah always liked wearing biker jackets, no matter the occasion. You notice there's something wrong with his eyes-namely, they aren't there. Someone removed them.

"Least we know why Micah didn't give us a heads-up." Bacco notes from the driver's seat. With that, the sedan begins to move.

Spoiler: Novak
    Show
    Bianca and Bacco are planning to take all three of you to the Bravta safehouse. Do you object to them? If not, describe the safehouse, and tell us about the doctor you plan to call.

Also, if you wanted to make a call, Bianca will lend you her cellphone. Or you can take Waltham's-he can't exactly stop you. Micah's phone is completely destroyed by the fire as well.

Ruzika

Ashley had placed her hands on either side of Morgana's head, whispering what sounds like a Gaelic prayer, but falters when you say 'Hemwick'. You can see her hands shake slightly, before she composes herself and resumes praying.

"OK that's done." Seemingly finished, she places Morgana's head down softly, and stands up. "Ruzie we have to run now. This girl's father is one of the most powerful mages in the country-if he finds out we helped facilitate her running away, death is the best case scenario!

"Hecate wept, if he senses my magic on her before it wears off, he may just turn me into a tree for charcoal! We have to get as far away from her as-" She's interrupted by someone coming out the fire escape door, the same exit you used.

"IRA, vampire court, patron, IRA..." It's a police officer, muttering to himself, and looking around aimlessly. Ashley points at the cop.

"See, our prayers have been answered! Leave her with the cop, he'll make sure she's safe." She sounds too eager, probably to hide her fear of Mr Hemwick, whomever that is.

Show
    What do you do?

Ezra

You were just asking questions, trying to find your Bravta contacts, like Novak or one of the escort girls-someone who actually liked you, or pretended to.

Today you weren't so lucky. The only one you found was Eric Kuznetsov, one of the up and commers in the Bravta. He often guards the escorts who come to you or the court, before bringing them back. He seems to not be in the loop on what you are, but he doesn't trust your secrets.

"What is it American?" He asks in harsh Russian. He's by his car, reshuffling boxes into the trunk. "I'm quite busy-tell me what you want, or go back to your cave queer boy."

Show
    Mark mortality Faction. I'm going to use you 8 roll, there was no need tor roll again, I just adjusted your score. In the future, please name an NPC when you hit the street. What were you hitting the streets for again? Find out where the Bravta have taken Waltham right?

Quinn

The man turns around and holds his hands up apologetically.

"Whoa whoa, it's not what it seems." He looks around helplessly. "I-uh, I am a safe maintenance supervisor. Just checking the security while the missus is gone." He slaps the safe reassuringly.

It opens by his touch. There's something shiny inside, but he shuts the safe hurriedly.

"Wait, wait, this is not what it looks like-unless it looks totally innocent, in which case it is what it looks like!!"

Show
    What do you do? And have you met Bernard Deckham before?

EDIT: Edited the above post slightly, I was sleep depreived when I wrote it before, should be clearer now.
    Last edited by CoreBrute23; 2016-10-10 at 02:47 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

If there were anything that deterred Ružica tonight -- not Novak's transformation and his summoning of a burning hammer, nor the vampire court soldiers, or even the attack -- it was seeing Ashley become fearful. A little pang in her heart told her she made a mistake calling her, getting her involved in this.

"But you healed her, saved her life. If it came to it, I would vouch for you, and take the punishment in your stead," Ružica resolved. She paused and lowered her head. "Please go ahead, Ashe. I wish to not bring retribution upon you, but I also will not abandon her."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Ezra

You were just asking questions, trying to find your Bravta contacts, like Novak or one of the escort girls-someone who actually liked you, or pretended to.

Today you weren't so lucky. The only one you found was Eric Kuznetsov, one of the up and commers in the Bravta. He often guards the escorts who come to you or the court, before bringing them back. He seems to not be in the loop on what you are, but he doesn't trust your secrets.

"What is it American?" He asks in harsh Russian. He's by his car, reshuffling boxes into the trunk. "I'm quite busy-tell me what you want, or go back to your cave queer boy."

Show
    Mark mortality Faction. I'm going to use you 8 roll, there was no need tor roll again, I just adjusted your score. In the future, please name an NPC when you hit the street. What were you hitting the streets for again? Find out where the Bravta have taken Waltham right?

"Really child, just because I came from America doesn't make me American."
    Ezra sighs, this was the problem with dealing with criminals, they lacked nuance...or bathing habits... "I'm looking for a girl, a witch-girl. Might be trying to skip out of the city? Answers to Morgana. She's got something of mine. I was told you knew where to find her. There's a good recommendation for you and a dental visit if you can point me where she is."

21. - Top - End - #81

The sedan rolled into the underground parking beneath the tenement, the run down building was occupied by eastern European immigrants and their families. Stanislav ensured that the building remained free of drugs, violence, prostitution, and in return the families formed an effective shield against the authorities, and other investigations.

The sedan rolled into the back corner of the parking structure, Novak had called ahead, using Bianca's cellphone. Two of the safe houses soldiers met the sedan and helped move Novak, Waltham, and Micah to the private elevator. Novak growled his displeasure, but none the less, leaned heavily on Bocca's shoulder.

He immediately thought of Lionel Atkinson, a surgeon who lost his license to practice due to his struggle with oxy, so he could keep up with his work schedule. It was discovered because he crashed during a routine procedure, and lost the patient. He was jailed, and it was there that he came to the attention of the Bratva, they protected him for his eight year sentence. Once he was released, they ensured that he was protected, his habit supported, and in turn he provided them medical services for their soldiers.

Once in the top apartment, Novak stumbled through the hallways, collapsing into a large overstuffed leather couch, he coughed. "Call Atkinson, find that cop, Whittaker I think. And get me a god damn bottle of vodka."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Ezra

"**** you." Eric grit his already fairly ground down teeth. "Talking down to me, and then start spouting some Harry Potter ****? I've got no idea why the boss deals with a filthy pedo like you." He slams the trunk of his car shut.

"Hell the boss has been all kinds of strange since he took over." He starts muttering, but your hearing easily picks it up. "Associating with weirdos like you, doesn't make sense to me. Gotta be a reason."

Show
    He's not American? But he speaks like an American, without the U . If he doesn't consider himself American, what does Ezra consider himself?

And if it was a bit too subtle, Eric is not terribly fond of you. It appears he's not in the supernatural know either.

If you want to go this charismatic route, you need to roll Persuade an NPC, and think what kind of promise, threat or seduction you are offering that might work on him.

Ruzika

"No no no!" Ashley steps away quickly. "He can't know I was here. If he finds out I was aware of where his daughter was, and didn't immediately tell him..." She hesitates, afraid to finish the sentence. "Listen, Ruzie, you know I love you dearly, and I'd help you when I can.

"But not with this. You can't take the girl to the park-it would endanger the entire Cove." She looks away. "Please don't die Ruzie. It's hard to find friends in this city."

Show
    If you have nothing further to say to her, she runs off, presumably to find another cab. The police officer is still nearby, but he's staggering off in the other direction. Morgana is unconcious, but you can see the wound appears to have knitted together, good as new.

What do you do?

Novak

"They already called me." Lionel Atkinson walks into your room, dressed in a jacket over his pajamas, with a bad case of bed head. "Woke me up in the middle of my favorite dream. The one where I didn't throw away my career, and my ex-wife wasn't a total **** with a capital C." He puts on some gloves, while Bianca returns with a bottle of vodka. Your favorite brand.

<"A cop? Why do you care about him?"> She asks, curious. You can see Bocca has already left to fulfill your orders though. <"Do you think he knows what happened to Verda? I didn't see her body in there."> She asks, referring to the other call girl you brought with you. After you answer her, Lionel walks back with surgical gear and a surgical mask.

"Please step away from my patient, thank you very much." He pulls out a syringe and some blood packs. "This is going to hurt. Normally I don't advise mixing painkillers with alcohol, but given you look like Hell spit you up," He flicks the syringe's top. "Go nuts."

Spoiler: Novak
    Show
    You can clear your faint harm. Unfortunately, clearing your grevious harm will take at least a few days, and the critical will need a week at least.

You know, barring 'divine' intervention. And I use divine, very loosely.
    Last edited by CoreBrute23; 2016-10-10 at 11:17 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Ružica nearly gave pause at what Ashley said about them, but shook her head and said, "I will not take her back to the Park. Rest assured, I will do all in my power to ensure you do not come to harm," sounding as solemn as she can, while trying to avoid the hitch in her normally emotionless voice.

She paused, setting Morgana down for a moment to hold Ashley's hand. "I will not die, Ashe. I will return." She squeezed it. "I promise."

She let go, and then watched her head off. She never thought of herself as someone who was taught to be attached to others, but... it had become more difficult, ever since she settled here, in London. The rose-clad's blood echoed in her, pushing her towards thoughts that she had never entertained -- no, never been taught to entertain before.

She sucked in a quiet breath, and then picked Morgana up again. With no vehicle, this was going to be difficult; she looked around, and headed towards the only other shelter she had -- her rather run-down apartment, the only one she could rent on short notice and without excessive questioning of her background or age.

Along the way, she picked up her cellphone and tried calling Novak. He was in the bar earlier, and the explosion was a note of concern for her. She needed to confirm.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

The man turns around and holds his hands up apologetically.

"Whoa whoa, it's not what it seems." He looks around helplessly. "I-uh, I am a safe maintenance supervisor. Just checking the security while the missus is gone." He slaps the safe reassuringly.

It opens by his touch. There's something shiny inside, but he shuts the safe hurriedly.

"Wait, wait, this is not what it looks like-unless it looks totally innocent, in which case it is what it looks like!!"
    Show
    Who's Bernard Deckham? If he's the safe robber, then the answer is 'no'.

What a shame that Elizabeth was pressed for time. This chance encounter might have turned into an opportunity. Sadly, her targets wouldn't wait around while she made connections. So reluctantly, she stepped aside to allow the safe robber an escape route.

"Go. Now."

If he left, she'd follow him out of the shop. And if he didn't? Well, then she'd have to resort to harsher measures.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2016-10-11 at 12:30 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Ruzika

"The number you have dialed cannot be reached right now." The automated response replies. Now you find yourself carrying an unconcious girl down the street in the middle of the night. Your getting a few looks from people, but no one offers to help.

Show
    Is Ruzika strong enough that she can just carry a girl with her? How long would it take to reach by foot, or do you intend to use public transportation of some kind?

Quinn

"Uh huh, sure, totally, you the boss maam," He stands up slowly, hands behind his back. "I'll come back later, clearly a bad time." He bows to you, walks up the stairs backwards, before fleeing.

If you follow him, you see him run like crazy down the street to a motorcycle, before getting on it. There's a charming East Asian woman on the back, smiling at him expectantly.
    Show
    It is the safe robber. What do you do?

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Ezra

"**** you." Eric grit his already fairly ground down teeth. "Talking down to me, and then start spouting some Harry Potter ****? I've got no idea why the boss deals with a filthy pedo like you." He slams the trunk of his car shut.

"Hell the boss has been all kinds of strange since he took over." He starts muttering, but your hearing easily picks it up. "Associating with weirdos like you, doesn't make sense to me. Gotta be a reason."

Show
    He's not American? But he speaks like an American, without the U . If he doesn't consider himself American, what does Ezra consider himself?

And if it was a bit too subtle, Eric is not terribly fond of you. It appears he's not in the supernatural know either.

If you want to go this charismatic route, you need to roll Persuade an NPC, and think what kind of promise, threat or seduction you are offering that might work on him.
    Ezra was just about done with all this mouthiness. In a flash of movement he was in the foul-mouthed man's space, looming with the barest hint of a smile. "That's just about enough out of you. Go get your boss, don't ask questions. Sheep shouldn't ask the shepard why they're leading them to be sheared. Just bleat and move, that's all you're good for. Catch my drift little bite? Or will I have to explain to your boss that perhaps his men need some reworking. How's that for Harry Potter ****?"

Show
    You don't say?

Guess I'll go with Persuade. Why not fail more rolls today?

(2d6+1)[7]

Oh just barely. You know forum roller, the median number of a 2d6 is a 7?
    Last edited by Razade; 2016-10-11 at 12:52 AM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Ezra

You feel a gun pressed against your chest-he pulled it out so smoothly you didn't notice.

"The **** you think you are, trying to threaten me? I'm not moving an inch except to pull this trigger, unless you tell me what the **** is going on, you toothy bastard." Eric glares into your eyes without fear. "How the hell do you have your claws so deep inside our Avtoritet?"

Show
    He's not going to contact Novak unless you tell him what he wants to know. What do you do?

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

"Uh huh, sure, totally, you the boss maam," He stands up slowly, hands behind his back. "I'll come back later, clearly a bad time." He bows to you, walks up the stairs backwards, before fleeing.

If you follow him, you see him run like crazy down the street to a motorcycle, before getting on it. There's a charming East Asian woman on the back, smiling at him expectantly.
    Aos. Damn it. Someone like her wouldn't be scared off so easily. The safe was open now, after all. She'd just wait for Elizabeth to leave; And then grab the prize. No choice. Shooting the Fae a warning glance, Elizabeth went back inside the shop. She then explained the situation to Eunice.

"That gentleman and his accomplice are trying to rob the safe. You're in no condition to guard it; And if I stay to do so, then Alice's kidnappers will escape. Do I have your permission to temporarily take the safe's contents? I promise to return them once this is over. Please answer quickly."

She gave the stoat a full ten seconds to signal an answer. Elizabeth would only proceed to the safe if she received unambiguous assent. Otherwise, she'd walk back out into the night; And try to pick up the kidnappers' trail.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Quinn

The stoat shivers at your glare, before finally nodding meekly. The stoat then resumes hiding under the blanket.

When you go down to check the safe, you discover it's empty. There's nothing shinning inside like you saw before.

You hear the sound of the motorcycle whir from outside, as it starts to ride off.

Show
    What do you do?

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Ružica frowned softly as she couldn't pick Novak up -- she could only hope nothing horrible and irreversible happened. She let out a faint breath and stopped, after moving about two blocks, shaking her head. The brief combat and chase had winded her more than she'd like to let on, and strength was not an asset that she had. Her house was not terribly far, but far enough that she'd need to wait for the bus. Hopefully, she could just pass off Morgana's unconsciousness as drunkenness...

Show
    Ružica definitely can't carry her the entire way -- also, doesn't live anywhere glamorous, so it isn't too far from here -- about 20 minutes on foot, or a couple of bus stops away.
    Last edited by Merilan; 2016-10-11 at 03:23 AM.