New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Foxside: The Temple of Inari 55 - So many ships, you'd think it was on the ocean

[Tour]

Kitnick tilts his head as he considers that impression

Huh... hadn't really thought of it that way. Yeah, sort of like the "lazy river" down at the Splash Zone: 'cept this isn't all smelly with chemicals and has fish and plants and stuff. And it's cold.

Up, and over the bridge now! On the far side, a much more reasonable garden bridge crosses a small streamlet separating a very artificial looking round pond from the river.

That over there is the infamous "fish pond": it's all cement lined and they raise trout there to eat. It gets kinda gross and has to be cleaned out, and that's considered one of the worst jobs in the place and is used as a punishment.

Up ahead is the main pond and the formal garden. The pond is nifty, and even has an island in the middle.

[To the Moon!]

The mutalisk, cut off from the control of any nearby overlords, promptly settles down and relaxes.

Krystal looks at the approaching ship

I'm thinking we'll have better chances if we let them catch us at this point: we're too far from the moon and will be easy pickings just floating in space.

Off in the direction the shuttle had come from six small bright dots appear, approaching rapidly: the initial fighter group sent to assist the shuttle has not given up despite the warnings from the shuttle's crew.

[Ghost World]

With a lurch, the group is shifted from the dreadful Mirror World into the only slightly less dreadful Pokémon Ghost World. It is heavily foggy in this area; chillingly cold, and many frightening forms can be seen through the thick mists.

Jian shivers and looks at the Chandelure

Allright, dude: that was great. Now get us home.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [To the Moon!]

"We have the mutalisk! It's such a happy creature. We didn't expect that."
    "But. More importantly. I have to be concerned that we'd be surrounded, captured, and either eaten or turned into horrible monstrosities, and Calicyra will be thrown into the void between the stars and the Way to the mirror-realm will continue to destabilize."

Fly. That way.
    They consider the merits of Nai riding a mutalisk down to the surface. With the space suit's little maneuvering jets to help they might outrun the pursuit.

"How long do we have to hold out for something seriously able to help?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #123
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [To the Moon!]

[To the Moon]

Calicyra agrees with Plum's assessment, and adds further caution

There is a powerful psionic presence within that thing: I do not wish to meet it.

The mutalisk obediently turns toward the moon in the distance and begins accelerating that way.

Krystal confers with the crew on the shuttle

The fighters will be here in about three minutes. There's a heavy battlecruiser coming in maybe fifteen minutes more... there just wasn't anyone over in this general area right now.

That thing will engulph the shuttle around the time the fighters get here...

So far, no other enemies have appeared.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Foxside: The Temple of Inari 55 - So many ships, you'd think it was on the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    [Tour]

Kitnick tilts his head as he considers that impression

Huh... hadn't really thought of it that way. Yeah, sort of like the "lazy river" down at the Splash Zone: 'cept this isn't all smelly with chemicals and has fish and plants and stuff. And it's cold.

Up, and over the bridge now! On the far side, a much more reasonable garden bridge crosses a small streamlet separating a very artificial looking round pond from the river.

That over there is the infamous "fish pond": it's all cement lined and they raise trout there to eat. It gets kinda gross and has to be cleaned out, and that's considered one of the worst jobs in the place and is used as a punishment.

Up ahead is the main pond and the formal garden. The pond is nifty, and even has an island in the middle.

[To the Moon!]

The mutalisk, cut off from the control of any nearby overlords, promptly settles down and relaxes.

Krystal looks at the approaching ship

I'm thinking we'll have better chances if we let them catch us at this point: we're too far from the moon and will be easy pickings just floating in space.

Off in the direction the shuttle had come from six small bright dots appear, approaching rapidly: the initial fighter group sent to assist the shuttle has not given up despite the warnings from the shuttle's crew.

[Ghost World]

With a lurch, the group is shifted from the dreadful Mirror World into the only slightly less dreadful Pokémon Ghost World. It is heavily foggy in this area; chillingly cold, and many frightening forms can be seen through the thick mists.

Jian shivers and looks at the Chandelure

Allright, dude: that was great. Now get us home.
    Genji focuses on the one thing that he hopes will help the Chandelure find THEIR dimension, a mental image of the main Shrine to their goddess, Inari. "Take us home, Chandy, I know you can find the right place..." He maintains his grip on Jian and Zhi's hands, certainly not wanting someone to get left behind here, either...

He begins quietly praying to Inari, hoping that the spiritual energy would leave some kind of trail that the Chandelure could perhaps follow back to the right destination, or that his plea would be heard and some kind of divine assistance would find them, ;p

5. - Top - End - #125

Default [To the Moon!]

"There's something big aboard, or that monster is pretty powerful itself, or both - either way, Nai is taking the mutalisk and Calicyra away. The importance of getting him back on the right side of the mirror outweighs the use of his magic here."

Out in space, they move to have Nai intercept the mutalisk, grab ahold, and take over directing it, whereupon the others push off and try to get back to the shuttle before it's swallowed and without getting torn up by glaives.

"Do they have the same mass-proximity restrictions? Is there any risk of this thing opening a warp rift and disappearing the moment it has us?"
    That would complicate things.
    "Otherwise I am cautiously optimistic about 15 minutes."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #126
    Pixie in the Playground

[To the Moon!]

Nai has no trouble, and is soon on his way to the moon.

Krystal nods

That makes sense... we do not need him to fall into the hands of anyone evil, and it'd be nice to get those stupid mirrors closed once and for all.

And yep: same trouble - they'll have to get out of the influence of the planet and the three moons before they can escape. I'm assuming it can go a lot faster than it currently is, though, once it isn't trying to carefully capture us.

[Ghost World -> Pokémon Enclosure]

It is only a moment longer before there is again a lurching sensation and then the group is standing in the Temple Pokémon yard, startling Squee who was taking a nap

Hey! Genji! Jian! Kartuk! Zhi! No fair! Why wake me up? Why bring spooky ghost here?

7. - Top - End - #127

Default [To the Moon!]

Wheeee!

Plum shakes her head slowly.
    "Do you know a reason, other than our being here, why would they try to capture the shuttle?
    "Could they be associated with the hidden moon site, inhabiting this unused place?"

Little to do but wait and find out. Unfortunate.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Tour

Sam bends over to look at the fish pond.
    "I don't really know too much about fish." he mumbles. He'll do the same to the formal garden pond.
    "It does seem nicer. Prettier fish, too." he observes.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

[To the Moon!]

Nai has no trouble, and is soon on his way to the moon.

Krystal nods

That makes sense... we do not need him to fall into the hands of anyone evil, and it'd be nice to get those stupid mirrors closed once and for all.

And yep: same trouble - they'll have to get out of the influence of the planet and the three moons before they can escape. I'm assuming it can go a lot faster than it currently is, though, once it isn't trying to carefully capture us.

[Ghost World -> Pokémon Enclosure]

It is only a moment longer before there is again a lurching sensation and then the group is standing in the Temple Pokémon yard, startling Squee who was taking a nap

Hey! Genji! Jian! Kartuk! Zhi! No fair! Why wake me up? Why bring spooky ghost here?
    Genji sags to his knees, thoroughly drained of his magical, physical, and mental energy... "Laaaand!" He wails melodramatically and kisses the dirt happily, before realizing everyone was probably staring and picking himself up with a slightly stuffy huff of indignation.

"I mean I had total faith that we'd make it back, I'd never lead you astray, friends." He then relaxes his posture slightly, glad to be home at last. "Let's go find the priest in charge of the Pokémon section of the Temple, maybe they have an idea, yeah? Anyone who's tired or hungry you're free to go, I'm going to need Peng, Jian and Lyle at least to stay with me until we get the Chandelure taken care of..."
    Last edited by deleteman900; 2016-12-08 at 01:45 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Pixie in the Playground

[Tour]

Kitnick nods, equally at a loss for fish information

When I first came here I'd never seen so much water all at once, and I'd never even heard of fish! These big ones certainly are pretty, though: I really like the white and orange ones. And there's even a weird silvery-blue one if you watch carefully!

Kitnick doesn't know the story of the blue fish, though, so he doesn't tell it.

The big cherry tree on the island is really pretty for about a week in the spring. Across the water there is a little spot of trees they call an "arboretum", and the gardener in charge over there is a dryad... though to be fair, I don't actually know what that means and she just looks like an elf with round ears to me.

[To the Moon!]

Krystal watches the ominously approaching wall

Mr. Grouchy Crystal Rod thought it was totally secret, but I can't see how he'd know. It's possible they managed to secretly establish something there, knowing that we don't really keep a close eye on it. Not sure why they'd come back at all, though: we spanked them pretty thoroughly last time.

Of course, it's possible they were here specifically to capture us: anyone who can screen themselves from divination is usually pretty good at performing it too.

A yellow-green light abruptly shines from the opening as an interior door of some sort opens.

We'll be finding out soon, I think.

(( I hate making new names and I'm getting a little tired of new backstories. Zack is hereby reinstated and Jinkei is ret-conned away. Should Eagle ever come back, we'll deal with it then. ))

[Pokémon Yard]

Zhi and Kartuk are happy enough to leave. And Jian scowls at the Chandelure.

I think the best thing is to take it to Mr. Zack: he'll know where to go next, if nothing else. You don't get to be a gym leader without knowing at least a little about the different kinds of these things.

Squee agrees

Yes! Take scary ghost-type to Zack.

11. - Top - End - #131

Default [To the Moon!]

"I hope we're not sending him straight to them."

Plum nods and refrains from watching the wall.

"Do you think they'd want you as like a hostage or sleeper agent or something? Psionic prey is plenty of reason to attack on its own, I guess."
    At the light appearing, she does look over. There's only so much information one can ignore. What's to see inside the belly of the beast?
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2016-12-09 at 10:16 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Pokémon Yard]

Zhi and Kartuk are happy enough to leave. And Jian scowls at the Chandelure.

I think the best thing is to take it to Mr. Zack: he'll know where to go next, if nothing else. You don't get to be a gym leader without knowing at least a little about the different kinds of these things.

Squee agrees

Yes! Take scary ghost-type to Zack.
    "Huh, a gym leader then...? I suppose that it'd be best to take this guy to an expert, we definitely don't want any mistakes to happen because we were careless, hehe..." He chuckles a little, aware that this is a potentially very hostile pokemon that they've brought to the middle of the Temple, which was chock full of innocents that might make a tasty snack... "You wanna come with us Squee? I might have a few pokemon treats left over~ Khannie wouldn't touch them for some reason, but I swear they're delicious and chock full of nutrients for a growing lad like yourself!" He smiles warmly, ruffling the short fur between Squee's ears gently.

"Let's go find Zack then, so we can get our spooky friend taken care of, and then turn in to get some shuteye~" he grins a little mischievously and gives Jian a gentle hug, on a whim pulling her flush against his own lithe body to give the fair maiden's cheek a kiss, still quite giddy with glee from having made it home in one piece...
    Last edited by deleteman900; 2016-12-09 at 10:26 AM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Tour

Sam stares down at the water, looking for these extra-fancy colored fish. He doesn't know it, but he also doesn't see any dragon caretakers that might be there.
    "A dryad's a tree lady. There's one at the gardens. You've got a real nice place, buddy. I can see why you're proud of it."

14. - Top - End - #134
    Pixie in the Playground

[To the Moon!]

Krystal's ears fold down

I hope not, but...

She looks at Plum

And uhm... The war was bad enough and recent enough that in the end they would give up on me if they had to. And honestly, I'm kinda small fry as far as they're concerned - they don't care about politics and can't use magic.

But...

well...

even if it's utterly hopeless, they might possibly be coming for you.

[Tour]

Kitnick beams

Oh... ok... and thanks!

He turns to the left, toward the pagoda

And we'll finish up at what is technically the main attraction - the sanctuary building.

[Pokémon Yard]

Jian's eyes go wide for a brief instant, but then her little tongue flicks out and returns the briefest little fox kiss. Then she smirks and teases gently.

Yeah. You didn't know Mr. Zack was the gym leader? The school's not so big that they'd have more than one person working out here, silly.

Squee jumps up and down

Treats! Treats! Yes!

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Pokémon Yard]

Jian's eyes go wide for a brief instant, but then her little tongue flicks out and returns the briefest little fox kiss. Then she smirks and teases gently.

Yeah. You didn't know Mr. Zack was the gym leader? The school's not so big that they'd have more than one person working out here, silly.

Squee jumps up and down

Treats! Treats! Yes!
    Genji smiles and fishes in his pockets for a few brief moments, before pulling out a little pokemon treat in the shape of a brightly-colored tanuki, giving it to the young eevee with a fond smile, "Let's go find him then~. I don't know where he'd be, since I've never met him before~" He pokes his tongue out as well, giving her tongue a little lick on the basis that it felt right. "But it sounds like you do, Ji~" He chuckles quietly, content to follow her lead in finding this Zack that was mentioned.

16. - Top - End - #136

Default [Not Really Going To the Moon! Anymore]

"They don't politic themselves, but I gathered they care about it enough to use our political arrangements against us."

Plum nods, arranging herself to sit very still and try to be calm.

"I know. I'm not exactly Ghost material, but this is something they're very predictable about. Maybe I can negotiate something. Maybe it'd be better to destroy this body at the last moment. We've prepared for that, but but I'm honestly not sure I'd be able to follow through out here."
    "How much of the war can you catch me up on in five minutes?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Tour

Sam smiles, clapping one of his huge mitts on Kitnick's back.
    "Well what are we waiting for? Let's go!"

18. - Top - End - #138
    Pixie in the Playground

[Tour]

And so in they go, through the back entrance, ending up behind the altar. The building is open in the center, with only the second story actually accessible at all from a staircase to their right. Kitnick looks around and sighs in relief that there doesn't seem to be any sort of ceremony going on right now. He leads Sam around the altar and out into the middle of the room.

Normally, guests come in the main door on the other end. Right in front of us there is the main altar, with the sacred mirror and a statue of Inari as a white-furred red Vulpan... I don't get it, personally, so I can't tell you why. The other two statues are of her white fox messengers Myobi and Myobu, and there's ceremonial offerings of rice and incense and a collection plate for donations. Apparently this inlaid design on the floor is used for some magic or other. There's a couple of store-rooms on that side, and a portal to some other temple somewhere cold; and a couple more store-rooms on this side and stairs down to a walk-in freezer or something, the temple Treasury, and a not particularly secret underground passage that goes straight to the kitchen in the priest's quarters. Over by the main door there's a vending machine that sells some awful thing they call "fox cola" - it's fizzy and weird, and on the other side is a mirror-portal-thing that goes to a place called Trog's Tavern.

So... that's the place!

[Pokémon Gym]

Jian archs an eyebrow and her ears flick

And just how did you manage to dodge gym class? Even with your make-up classes I'd have thought they'd have you out with everyone else.

Clearly it is not high on her list of favorite classes

Into the building, around the arena, and to an office. The nameplate on the door is the standard black with white lettering, and simply says "Zack Masters". It's open, but Jian stops and knocks politely on the frame

Mr. Zack?

[To the Moon!]

Krystal's ears fold a bit as she gets her thoughts together

Back when we were still attached to Town we discovered this place: It was overrun with undead but there are some really important resources here and it was too good to pass up. Besides... we're from Ravenloft - a bunch of pansy general-setting undead weren't going to scare us off!

Anyway, with the help of some folks from Town we conquered first this city, then the entire area from a bunch of nasty liches, demon lords, and the usual sort of hindrances to peaceful living. We allied with nomadic humanoid foxes originally from the Plane of Ice that had settled in the area, and started building our own little kingdom.

They in turn introduced us to an ongoing conflict they were having with the northernmost island of the Empire of the Rising Sun, not far off our southernmost border. They were fond of these big war machines, so once again we started expanding our own technological base to counter them. Things probably would have settled down eventually, but in the middle of all that, the Zerg and Terrans flop themselves down on our planet.

Naturally, we side up with the Terrans and learn how to make their stuff - modifying it for our own needs and integrating our own technology in the process. But even with that, it was really hard to fight the miserable Zerg off, and on top of that we lost touch with Town and our allies there.

But in the course of the fighting we learned that our lycanthropy actually gives us pretty decent resistance to the Zerg, and things were really not going well for the humans, so... my Uncle decided that it was time to kill two birds with one stone, as it were. We developed an airborne means of conversion, and ... well ... not all that long after, everyone was a werefox.

It was still a long, hard fight to clear out those miserable creatures, and we lost a lot of people over the course of the mess.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2016-12-12 at 10:35 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139

Default [To the Moon!]

"Okay..."
    Plum nods slowly as she pieces that together. Werefoxes from Ravenloft, Ice foxes from the Ice Plane, and then humans from space.
    "The airborne conversion's not still around, is it? I mean, it's probably kept somewhere, but not routinely spreading through the air now that there's no one to turn?"
    "And the war you mean was so - just here. Small compared to them. What, one side came for the same resources you had, and the other contested it? Or were they both lost to end up here?"

They were hoping to sort of frame what was going on in a way they understood, but this really just raises further questions!

"I would congratulate you on clearing them out at all, but, uh, I guess a few were missed."
    Just look out the window.

"This could be worse. It's good that we caught even a mutalisk. An opportunity to examine such an old an efficient psychic network! Even if it's one that's so centralized. You wouldn't see us designing anything like that. On the other hand, there won't be anything to report if we're killed or infested."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Tour

Sam smiles, sticking (two of) his hands in his pockets.
    "Yeah, I've heard of Trog's. And well, it's a very nice place. Thanks for showing me around." he says, going to give the fox a hug.
    "Maybe I should grab some lunch...." he muses afterwards.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Pokémon Gym]

Jian archs an eyebrow and her ears flick

And just how did you manage to dodge gym class? Even with your make-up classes I'd have thought they'd have you out with everyone else.

Clearly it is not high on her list of favorite classes

Into the building, around the arena, and to an office. The nameplate on the door is the standard black with white lettering, and simply says "Zack Masters". It's open, but Jian stops and knocks politely on the frame

Mr. Zack?

Genji shrugs, smiling sheepishly for her benefit. "I was a farmer before coming here, so I was already in pretty good shape. They probably thought it was more important for me to train my mind to catch up and find my feet. I take it you don't much care for gym then, love?" He asks with a cheeky grin, "Not even if I said that I certainly appreciate the more obvious side effects of you being in excellent shape?" He teased, making a show of licking his lips. Any answer she might offer is cut off as they come to the door, Genji poking his head inside cautiously to take a look around...

22. - Top - End - #142
    Pixie in the Playground

[Tour]

Kitnick grins

You're welcome!

Then he nods

Yeah, it's that time again! Any plans?

[Pokémon Gym]

Jian sitcks her tongue out at Genji, but there's no time for any more elaborate response. Zack looks up: he's a pretty standard human, maybe 24 years old with black hair, dark eyes, and a complexion and features that fairly well scream "Norway". He's wearing blue jeans, tennis shoes, and a yellow, orange, and green striped polo shirt.

When he speaks, though, you might think you were in a mall near Los Angeles - the fijords are nowhere to be heard.

Hey there, Jian: didn't expect to see you here. What's...

but the Chandelure drifts up and Zack's eyes go wide

Woah! You guys got a Chandelure?

it drifts silently into the office and looks around with a scowl.

Wait up... is... that... still... wild... ?!?!

[To the Moon!]

Krystal shakes her head

That was five years ago: I can't imagine there's any of it left anywhere. We certainly don't keep spreading it and it does break down pretty quickly in the presence of oxygen.

then she nods

Yeah, just here. The Terrans came from another galaxy, and I guess the Zerg are pretty well spread out. I never heard the precise details, but it sounds like they fell through a wormhole of some sort during a battle and ended up here. And that kinda goes into your next question: no, I don't believe they came here on purpose at first.

she turns to glare at the approaching monstrosity, nearly on top of the shuttle now

It's really hard to get all of something that can rebuild it's entire population from a single organism. Worse, according to the Terrans, they always spread out when they encounter a new place - they never put all their eggs in one basket. And they change all the dang time, so they can live most anywhere there are resources for them to use.

They're gone from our planet, and we hunt them down wherever we find them, but it only takes one asteroid or moon...

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Pokémon Gym]

Jian sitcks her tongue out at Genji, but there's no time for any more elaborate response. Zack looks up: he's a pretty standard human, maybe 24 years old with black hair, dark eyes, and a complexion and features that fairly well scream "Norway". He's wearing blue jeans, tennis shoes, and a yellow, orange, and green striped polo shirt.

When he speaks, though, you might think you were in a mall near Los Angeles - the fijords are nowhere to be heard.

Hey there, Jian: didn't expect to see you here. What's...

but the Chandelure drifts up and Zack's eyes go wide

Woah! You guys got a Chandelure?

it drifts silently into the office and looks around with a scowl.

Wait up... is... that... still... wild... ?!?!
    Genji inclines his head in the positive, "Yup, got it in one, Zack. This guy's the only reason we were able to make it back to this dimension and we... might've promised to make sure that it was fed so that it didn't eat us instead. Any idea how we can uphold our end of the bargain without being stripped of our souls?" Genji takes the lead on this one, since the others may not know the particulars of the deal as well as he does. Genji looks as his appearance picture suggests, with the exception that he's currently running on just about empty, and is resting some portion of his weight upon Jian from sheer exhaustion, and the lingering remnants of the defensiveness he still felt over the rough-and-tumble turn of events that they all just went through...

24. - Top - End - #144

Default [To the Moon!]

Well that's a relief. They only have to worry about turning into aliens, and not about being turned into foxes. And being eaten. And something going wrong and slowly running out of air or heat in the depths of space. But at least part of them got away with Calicyra.
    Come to think of it, it's not that much of a relief.

Plum nods.
    "I wonder what they have nearby to lead them. But that's true. They're tenacious things. The standard procedure was to glass the whole planet they were found on, so I can't really blame them for spreading out and digging in. But it does make you wonder."
    She too looks at the monster. A leviathan? A behemoth? Something new and weirder? Doesn't really matter.

Hello?
    Atorre isn't really good at telepathically reaching people, especially ones that they don't know. That's why they've got machines and magical crystals to boost signaling distance and integrate new things. But the monstrosity is very close, very big, and probably it or something on/in it is very sensitive. So it's worth a try.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2016-12-13 at 11:44 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #145
    Pixie in the Playground

[To the Moon!]

Krystal sighs

The level of power we're looking at strongly implies we've got a cerebrate nearby - probably in that thing.

The organic doorway passes over the shuttle. There's not much to see immediately: they're in an airlock of sorts, and the outer "door" closes: cutting off the view of the starts.

Atorre hears a very clear reply: an alien psyche linked back to a vast communal consciousness.

The chance to meet you was too good to pass up.

[Pokémon Gym]

Zack eyes the floating creature warily

Yeah... folks who keep these don't run around killing people to feed 'em: there's an artificial substitute... but I don't have any: we don't keep these sorts here.

Jian chuckles

Figures. Where can we get some?

Zack continues to keep an eye on the Chandelure

The shop in the main gym downtown sells 'em.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2016-12-14 at 11:57 AM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Pokémon Gym]

Zack eyes the floating creature warily

Yeah... folks who keep these don't run around killing people to feed 'em: there's an artificial substitute... but I don't have any: we don't keep these sorts here.

Jian chuckles

Figures. Where can we get some?

Zack continues to keep an eye on the Chandelure

The shop in the main gym downtown sells 'em.
    Genji gives his most long-suffering sigh, "We're all just a bit exhausted from risking life and limb, I'm sure one of the other acolytes can run into town and get what we need, right? I need to get some grub and then maybe some shuteye..." He asks hopefully, his handsomely fluffy tail curling around Jian's waist and hopefully conveying to Zack that there were other things that the kitsune would much rather focus on than feeding a pokemon.

(Feel free to make them go anyways if you had something in mind, heh)

27. - Top - End - #147
    Pixie in the Playground

[Pokémon Gym]

Zack looks at Genji, then sighs himself

Allright... it is part of my job to take care of drop-offs...

He looks at the gently drifting Pokémon

Ok, big guy: I'll get you taken care of. And you can relax: pokeballs aren't allowed here.

It turns to look at him - fully understanding thanks to the permanent translation spell over the area

Not allowed? Curious. Agreed: I wait one hour. I eat Genji-fox if no food.

Zack rolls his eyes and picks up the phone.

Jian's glare at the Chandelure's back says that's not something she would go along with quietly.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Pokémon Gym]

Zack looks at Genji, then sighs himself

Allright... it is part of my job to take care of drop-offs...

He looks at the gently drifting Pokémon

Ok, big guy: I'll get you taken care of. And you can relax: pokeballs aren't allowed here.

It turns to look at him - fully understanding thanks to the permanent translation spell over the area

Not allowed? Curious. Agreed: I wait one hour. I eat Genji-fox if no food.

Zack rolls his eyes and picks up the phone.

Jian's glare at the Chandelure's back says that's not something she would go along with quietly.
    Genji's amused smile at her glare speaks volumes of how he feels about this exchange, but he nudges his hips against her own, more voluptuous ones while an arm replaced his tail around her waist, drawing her close in an affectionate little hug to break her out of her glare, "How do you feel about getting some food that isn't sushi, rice, and sake?" He asks her quietly, reminded of the fact that her reaction had been overwhelmingly positive last time he offered her something to eat~

Turning to address the group at large, which currently consisted of 'Tik, Peng, and Na he invited them to join Jian and him if they'd like. He left out that he was still a bit nervous about being properly separated from the majority of the group until he was 100% sure that they were safe, :)

29. - Top - End - #149

Default [To the Moon!]

"I'd always thought of cerebrates as too big to move - except by magic - but there probably is no such size."

Okay. They've been eaten by a giant space monster. This was expected.

How flattering. I hope you understand if we do not feel the same way. Who do we go to meet?

Sensing that communal consciousness is unnerving. The similarities make the differences stand out all the more. The hierarchy with its levels, the parallel broods, the pervasiveness of it, with everything being alive...

"I didn't expect them to be so polite. Maybe they don't know enough."
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2016-12-14 at 12:46 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #150
    Pixie in the Playground

[To the Moon!]

Krystal looks around at the mostly featureless orange-lit airlock.

I've never seen one, to be honest... but this thing looked pretty huge...

The inner door opens, revealing a huge, cavernous space: Leviathan seems likely. Many flying Zerg are drifting around idly, and a half dozen blimplike creatures come toward the shuttle.

Heh... Overlord towing service, by the looks.

meanwhile...

Surely one such as yourself should be excited to meet another like you? You shall first meet one of my brood mothers. If you remain civil, we may eventually meet in person.

[Pokemohn Gym]

Jian nods, but the others make their excuses and head off - rapidly leaving only Jian, Genji, and Squee. Squee seems ready to eat again.

Food! Yes! Good!