New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Foxside: The Temple of Inari 55 - So many ships, you'd think it was on the ocean

Cafeteria

Sam groans. "How do you stand it? I've been doing it a year and I think I've only lasted this long 'cause my legs are bio-engineered. The spa days with Dorry help too but there's only been a couple of those. I can't afford a ma....uh, masseuse myself."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Foxside: The Temple of Inari 55 - So many ships, you'd think it was on the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    [Cafeteria]

The Natural Magic professor chuckles

How is that foolish? The continued existence of our species rather depends on it, after all, and you are hardly the only one around with that though. If it's any assurance at all, you're the only one to get quite so close to her: one of your classmates has a well-deserved swollen left eye this evening.
    Genji bristles for a moment, before realizing that it sounds like Jian can take care of herself, so he calms down, nodding at Katsuo, "I... I'm glad to know it's not just me, hehe... So... what do I do though? There's this almost overwhelming urge to just like, be close to her and stuff." He looks away slightly, "I'm not normally the kind of guy to do something so blatant in front of the whole cafeteria, but it wasn't even a thought to me..." He blushed slightly, seeming nervous.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [To the Moon!]

"I did not expect that you entertained many visitors."
    Nevertheless, Plum hops up on the seat.

"It's a trouble for sure."
    Ri shakes her head.
    "I thought their immortality came from the Overmind. What's protecting him now?"
    "And is there any chance of your people learning the powers of the void, now that you know they exist?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #184
    Pixie in the Playground

[Cafeteria]

Kitnick shrugs

I dunno... I've always been a farmer. Sitting around is something we just never did.

They have a fancy hot-spring bath here, though, and they have people there who do massages. They're not open to the public, but I work here so I get one pass a month and I've only ever gone once. I could get you in if you want.

[To the Moon!]

The Brood Mother laughs softly

Nazash has learned patience: all will come into the swarm in the fullness of time as we have all eternity stretching before us. Only those threats which demand attention need be worried about.
    And so it has come to be that there are times that cooperation has serves us better than combat, and there are members of our swarm who joined willingly.

One does have to wonder just how "willing" that really was, considering their usual modus operandi. But no matter

Either crystals or genetic information would be acceptable to Nazash. If the former, the quantity must be discussed. If the latter, some measure of precisely what you seek: the essence of a great many formerly distinct species is stored within our databanks.

Krystal shakes her head

Nah, I'm pretty sure that just what he told them to keep them in line. I'm pretty sure their spirit binds to the creep or something, and doesn't depart just because one little blob gets killed. They just have to wait for a new one to regenerate, and they're good to go. I betchya that if you managed to destroy a whole planet that had a Cerebrate on it and completely annihilate everything organic on it quickly enough then you'd manage to kill it... but that's a tall order.

and again

Lawful good, Lawful neutral, Lawful evil - they've all got the same problem: we just can't organize our minds to the level required to get anything substantial done. I'm told it's the same magic virus that causes the vulpanthropy... if that's true then we did shoot ourselves in the foot a bit.

[Cafeteria]

Katsuo smiles encouragingly

The most powerful instinct remaining to us is nothing to trifle with.

But don't worry: you'll get better at that with practice. I'm afraid that does generally come with the prospect of making a fool of oneself a few times while you get the hang of it... but that's the best that I can offer: there some are things in life which can only be learned: not taught.

then he chuckles

She is quite charming, though: I envy you just a bit.

finally, a touch more serious

But don't forget that you are both still very young, and one's first love is only rarely their only one: don't be in too much of a hurry. I understand that it can be difficult when your shorter-lived friends are already settling down, but there is an extent that you need to disregard their examples.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Cafeteria

"Well, that sounds like a favor, but if you're not using them I guess it isn't such a big deal..." muses the spigre.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Cafeteria]

Katsuo smiles encouragingly

The most powerful instinct remaining to us is nothing to trifle with.

But don't worry: you'll get better at that with practice. I'm afraid that does generally come with the prospect of making a fool of oneself a few times while you get the hang of it... but that's the best that I can offer: there some are things in life which can only be learned: not taught.

then he chuckles

She is quite charming, though: I envy you just a bit.

finally, a touch more serious

But don't forget that you are both still very young, and one's first love is only rarely their only one: don't be in too much of a hurry. I understand that it can be difficult when your shorter-lived friends are already settling down, but there is an extent that you need to disregard their examples.
    Genji raises a brow, "Smart guy like you has probably had his share of stories to tell, hehe~ Do you mind telling me one or two?" He asked eagerly, tiredness forgotten for the moment as he eagerly settled in to listen to the wisdom the older kitsune was surely about to impart...

"Wait, what do you mean by that? Are you... encouraging me to slow down and like, examine my options or something?" Genji asks in confusion, "I mean... there were a few other women who ahh... 'caught my eye' so to speak, are you saying that I shouldn't be so eager to jump headlong into this that I miss out on other opportunities?" He seems confused, but entirely ready to trust the Natural Magics teacher.

7. - Top - End - #187

Default [To the Moon!]

Plum laughs too, a few moments later, not as softly.

"I like you. And we had thought it just talk when Nazash mentioned our curiosity. But we really are alike. I look forward to the day when only the portal on the world below separates us."

That doesn't actually evoke much wondering from Atorre. They know that in the depths of time, overlords joined willingly, after all. It's no surprise that others would, even if it's not the usual response.

"You do have access to the crystals then. Good." After a moment's consideration, Plum politely names a rather considerable quantity.

"That is bad news. Almost impossible to do such damage."
    A frown at the poor disorganized foxes.
    "Unfortunate. Still, you had the strength of arms to drive them away once. And they're no personal threat without a brood of warriors. We don't need to do anything crazy here."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #188
    Pixie in the Playground

[Cafeteria]

Kitnick laughs

I grew up in a desert: taking a bath is pretty far up the list of the weirdest things I can imagine. I hate having my fur wet, and ...

he winces

um ... having a stranger touch me is ... not for me. But if that'll help you out, I certainly don't mind giving you a couple of passes at all.

[Cafeteria]

Katsuo laughs softly and shakes his head

How brightly burns the blood of youth! I counsel patience for the sake of patience, Genji: when you will live ten thousand years, making binding choices at one hundred is unwise without any requirement for additional reasons. But enough of that...

He looks thoughtful

My first love... that was a long time ago now. And not a story I tell so often, as it is painful...

When I was about your age, I lived near the human village of Shebuzhen, on the south shore of the Yujiang River. In those days, it was in the Hunan Prefecture of the Empire of the Sun - of course, none of that really means anything much to you.

I had only just grown into my second tail and was full of excitement to experience the world! So I went to the fields outside of town and took on human form... and that's where I met Qiang. A human from the village, naturally: we are somewhat susceptible to that for some reason. Ah, the way his skin glistened in the light. His well-toned muscles moving smoothly as he dug in the field... He was setting up frames for melon vines and engrossed in his work he did not notice me right away.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Cafeteria

Sam winces.
    "Oh. Sorry about the hug, then. I do normally go to places like that with a friend. I guess if you're uncomfortable I can go alone." he says to the fox apologetically. He really would prefer having a buddy, though.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Cafeteria]

Kitnick laughs

I grew up in a desert: taking a bath is pretty far up the list of the weirdest things I can imagine. I hate having my fur wet, and ...

he winces

um ... having a stranger touch me is ... not for me. But if that'll help you out, I certainly don't mind giving you a couple of passes at all.

[Cafeteria]

Katsuo laughs softly and shakes his head

How brightly burns the blood of youth! I counsel patience for the sake of patience, Genji: when you will live ten thousand years, making binding choices at one hundred is unwise without any requirement for additional reasons. But enough of that...

He looks thoughtful

My first love... that was a long time ago now. And not a story I tell so often, as it is painful...

When I was about your age, I lived near the human village of Shebuzhen, on the south shore of the Yujiang River. In those days, it was in the Hunan Prefecture of the Empire of the Sun - of course, none of that really means anything much to you.

I had only just grown into my second tail and was full of excitement to experience the world! So I went to the fields outside of town and took on human form... and that's where I met Qiang. A human from the village, naturally: we are somewhat susceptible to that for some reason. Ah, the way his skin glistened in the light. His well-toned muscles moving smoothly as he dug in the field... He was setting up frames for melon vines and engrossed in his work he did not notice me right away.
    Genji seems confused and non-plussed, "So... your first love was a human, and a guy? Umm... how does that even work, exactly? And like, why is it painful? Did he not like you back the same way...?" These are probably very obvious questions that Katsuo could have anticipated, and Genji seems genuinely curious at this new concept that he'd never really had before.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Pixie in the Playground

[Cafeteria]

Katsuo nods

Yes, quite right. As I said, it is hardly unusual for us fall in love with humans. I have not particularly studied the matter so I have no particular insight into the "why" of it, so I cannot help you there.

Then a smirk

And it works quite well, thank you.

then a sigh

And no, that is not the problem at all... I have six tails now, Genji, and have for some time. That was when I had just come into my second... Qiang died in my arms in his sleep, most likely a heart attack but I didn't know of such things back then, nearly four hundred years ago.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Cafeteria]

Katsuo nods

Yes, quite right. As I said, it is hardly unusual for us fall in love with humans. I have not particularly studied the matter so I have no particular insight into the "why" of it, so I cannot help you there.

Then a smirk

And it works quite well, thank you.

then a sigh

And no, that is not the problem at all... I have six tails now, Genji, and have for some time. That was when I had just come into my second... Qiang died in my arms in his sleep, most likely a heart attack but I didn't know of such things back then, nearly four hundred years ago.
    Genji hadn't considered the obvious age gap, and from the uncomfortable grimace it's plain to see that he regrets bringing it up now, "So... doesn't that make it all the better that Jian is a Nogitsune then? So she won't... leave me behind like that?"

13. - Top - End - #193
    Pixie in the Playground

[To the Moon!]

The brood mother nods

Indeed.

Then, the sizeable number of crystals

That many will be... entertaining... to collect. We do not have direct access to that quantity: only perhaps a quarter that much I can spare, but we do know where they might be gathered. It is not a place without enemies of some note, unfortunately.

[Cafeteria]

Katsuo nods

Better in that particular respect, yes: without doubt. Worse in that maintaining a relationship over a vast span of time has its own set of difficulties. But I do not wish you to think I disapprove of your courting the young vixen! No, that is not at all my point... I merely offer some perspective that comes with age.

[Cafateria - 2]
    Kitnick chuckles and shakes his head

Don't worry about that! I gave up on hugs a while ago: these reds are waaaay to huggy to stay touchy about it.

And I'll come along. At the very least I'd like to see the place inside!
    Last edited by Fenric; 2016-12-22 at 12:11 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Cafeteria 2

"Well, that's something to do once we're done, then!" Sam says with a smile, and begins eating.
    That might take a while though, as assuming he's given time Sam might be getting at least two or three trays' worth of food. Which isn't really surprising since he's three times Kitnick' size, but the guy really doesn't get the chance to eat himself full too often working at a fancy restaurant with portions he could fit in one palm.

15. - Top - End - #195

"If we only asked for crystals you had on hand, it would hardly be a fair trade, would it? It isn't as though we keep Anakanzilluninzar boxed up in a closet."

Plum smiles and flutters her wingtips.

"What enemies do you have around here? Maybe there would be grounds for further cooperation."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

[To the Moon!]

The brood mother nods

Indeed.

Then, the sizeable number of crystals

That many will be... entertaining... to collect. We do not have direct access to that quantity: only perhaps a quarter that much I can spare, but we do know where they might be gathered. It is not a place without enemies of some note, unfortunately.

[Cafeteria]

Katsuo nods

Better in that particular respect, yes: without doubt. Worse in that maintaining a relationship over a vast span of time has its own set of difficulties. But I do not wish you to think I disapprove of your courting the young vixen! No, that is not at all my point... I merely offer some perspective that comes with age.

[Cafateria - 2]
    Kitnick chuckles and shakes his head

Don't worry about that! I gave up on hugs a while ago: these reds are waaaay to huggy to stay touchy about it.

And I'll come along. At the very least I'd like to see the place inside!
    "What kind of difficulties do you think would come up? I mean... I don't want to be too gung-hot about jumping into this, by any means, though it is sorely tempting to worry about such things later... perhaps it would be for the best to hold off on having kits for a century or two until we're properly comfortable with each other, and know that we want to commit?" Genji asks, not particularly relishing having to deal with all these weird hormones and instincts twice a year for the foreseeable future...

"And I don't even know if I'm ready for something that committed just yet, either! I mean, I definitely don't want to tie myself down that hard (literally and figuratively, heh) when there are... other options that I'd like to pursue as well... Do you think that it'sounds worth it, to risk pissing Jian off to flirt with other vixens?" Genji asks, having been internally worrying about this for a while, and hoping to avail himself of Katsuo's wisdom...

17. - Top - End - #197
    Pixie in the Playground

[To the Moon!]

I do not doubt it: that Temple is not known for surrendering its residents easily. Very well...

There is a brief pause

Your assistance in gathering the crystals would be most helpful. There is a former Xel'naga planet in this galaxy, far spin-ward from here, currently held by misguided followers of Amon who have yet to accept his defeat and destruction. What they lack in wit they make up for with the ancient defenses and their own natural void abilities, making them hazardous for Nazash to approach.

To this end, Nazash offers a deal: this one will accompany you with a detachment of the Swarm, and you may be in overall leadership of the expedition. Collect as many crystals as you desire, and whatever other relics you may find in the area. This shall be your payment.

[Cafeteria - 2]

Kitnick tries to not stare at Sam as he heaps food onto his trays. He tries really hard to not be embarrassing as Sam eats enough for an entire small family of Fenethi. He focuses on his own food, not talking while he eats, to avoid saying anything he shouldn't.

[Cafeteria]

Katsuo considers his response

You have known each other for only a month: to say that you know precious little about each other is a dramatic understatement. Do you even know her favorite color? Have you observed her quaint superstition about never entering a room facing fully forward? Did you discover that she hates scarves? Scent and appearance are sufficient for a fox in the hedges, not for people like us.

And while it is endearing that you would already be concerned over her feelings... have you actually officially even dated yet? Not an informal get-together, but a date for courtship's sake? If she is so quick to jealousy that she would take offense when you are not even linked by the faintest obligation, would that not be a sign of potential trouble to come?
    Last edited by Fenric; 2016-12-23 at 09:32 AM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Cafeteria- 2

Sam stacks his finished trays with a satisfied clack.
    "Sorry about the wait. I never really get to be full because I usually cook for myself and filling up is really expensive. So I do go a little crazy with buffets. It's what happens when someone gets the bright idea to make your new body mostly pig." he says with a shrug. It's not like he can really pretend he's anything else.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2016-12-23 at 11:14 AM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Cafeteria]

Katsuo considers his response

You have known each other for only a month: to say that you know precious little about each other is a dramatic understatement. Do you even know her favorite color? Have you observed her quaint superstition about never entering a room facing fully forward? Did you discover that she hates scarves? Scent and appearance are sufficient for a fox in the hedges, not for people like us.

And while it is endearing that you would already be concerned over her feelings... have you actually officially even dated yet? Not an informal get-together, but a date for courtship's sake? If she is so quick to jealousy that she would take offense when you are not even linked by the faintest obligation, would that not be a sign of potential trouble to come?
    Genji hadn't been expecting this kind of an answer, to be completely honest... "I hadn't... No, no... no. No, and I suppose so, yes..." his ears fold down as he realizes how foolish he's been up to this point, and he can't help the sigh that escapes his lips. "We'd actually planned to go to a party that Katrina was hosting tomorrow night, but even that was something that we were doing with some friends... I'd just figured that she didn't want to be alone with me while she was... you know." He blushes innocently, "But I hadn't realized that she hadn't really opened up to me at all until you just mentioned it..."

20. - Top - End - #200

Default [To the Moon!]

"This is agreeable. Does 'This one' have a name or other identifier? Perhaps just 'Queen'?"

Plum gives a smile.

"It would be useful to bring another one from the shuttle. And of course to hear about the nature of these followers."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #201
    Pixie in the Playground

[To the Moon!]

The queen flutters her wing cases, clearly touched that Plum cared

My name is Anraja. And certainly you may bring whomever you wish: Nazash does not actually bear you any ill will, and despite the nature of this meeting he does not actually consider you prisoners.

[Cafeteria - 2]

Kitnick tilts his head: his wonder at Sam's eating capacity erased by this new curiosity.

"new body"? What happened?

[Cafeteria]

Katsuo smiles

Don't take all that too hard, either. Your excitement is only natural, just keep perspective on things. She may yet end up your mate someday: I'm no diviner. And she may very well want to explore the more physical side of relationships with you at some point... after all: we are not humans and for us only two weeks out of every six months is ... "dangerous".

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Cafeteria- 2

Sam winces.
    "I got maimed pretty bad so these weird aliens offered me a new body if I'd participate in their experiment. This is the result. I'll live twice as long as my human body, I can eat almost anything, and my heart's actually healthier than my old one. It's enough to justify that they made me fat and ugly too."
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2016-12-24 at 03:35 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Cafeteria]

Katsuo smiles

Don't take all that too hard, either. Your excitement is only natural, just keep perspective on things. She may yet end up your mate someday: I'm no diviner. And she may very well want to explore the more physical side of relationships with you at some point... after all: we are not humans and for us only two weeks out of every six months is ... "dangerous".
    Genji blushes and nods, "I like that idea quite a lot, but... I've been having fun either way so far... The first time she showed me how to use foxshape was..." He squirms slightly, nose twitching at remembered smells, "A LOT of fun~ That blasted heat though... I think I might actually be glad to see it gone so we can act a bit more naturally and not have to worry about it..." He sighs and strokes his own tail, the soft, floofy texture helping to calm his nerves somewhat, "She said she l-loved me which is just... I don't hate it, but it was so sudden after only meeting her a couple of weeks ago... Is it weird that I don't really want to jump into it headfirst like that? Especially with my instincts screaming at me that I should've given chase when she dashed off like that? I just... I worry that I'm not thinking clearly about this."

The younger Kitsune is rambling a bit at this point, but it was a fairly clear indicator of his own confusion about where he actually stood on this. Yes, Jian was very pretty, but she was in many ways still an enigma to him, and there was quite a bit of learning about the Temple culture that he had to do, etc. Not to mention it seemed kind of silly to be pursuing any serious romance while he was still only an Acolyte with very little free time, and who shared a room with 4 other Acolytes...

24. - Top - End - #204
    Pixie in the Playground

[Cafeteria- 2]

Kitnick can't help but grin

Woah... that's pretty awesome, really. And uh... I dunno about "fat" (though that's another concept that I really don't understand altogether)... honestly I'd say you seem reasonably proportioned to me... and besides, how many other people like you have you met? You're not going to impress the next blue pig lady you meet if you're all down on yourself: if you own it, you can rule it!

[Cafeteria]

Katsuo nods

Good: you are thinking about the options and possibilities. That is all I was hoping for: that you would gain some perspective and take the time to see what all is around you. As for your worries...

Yes, you most certainly should have chased her: she would have been terribly offended had you not. And yes, you are going to have tumultuous feelings for a few more cycles: it is our most powerful remaining instinct, after all... Oh, and about that...
    Peng's sister Na starts sometime next week, and she accidentally turned in last week's essay with a rather flattering sketch of you in the margin.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2016-12-24 at 11:01 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Cafeteria]

Katsuo nods

Good: you are thinking about the options and possibilities. That is all I was hoping for: that you would gain some perspective and take the time to see what all is around you. As for your worries...

Yes, you most certainly should have chased her: she would have been terribly offended had you not. And yes, you are going to have tumultuous feelings for a few more cycles: it is our most powerful remaining instinct, after all... Oh, and about that...
    Peng's sister Na starts sometime next week, and she accidentally turned in last week's essay with a rather flattering sketch of you in the margin.
    Genji smiles slightly, his grace and composure enough to avoid a more obvious reaction at this news, "She is quite cute... Though I'd be dreadfully embarrassed if I were to be too forward and find out that it was Zhi, rather than Na..." He stands and bows at the waist elegantly to Katsuo, "Thank you for your time, Sir. I apologize for interrupting your meal to discuss my personal troubles with you, but I appreciate that you took the time to listen. Could you speak with Caroline on my behalf? I'm sure that you'll be able to speak with her more expediently than I could, given your status at the Temple, and this may be a matter of urgency. Zhi and Kartuk got sucked into another dimension through Zhi's pocket-mirror thing, and the rest of us got sucked in after them. Evil versions of each of our group-mates were also there and it seemed in many ways the opposite of our Temple.... We escaped thanks to a... reluctantly friendly Chandelure who brought us here, but others might not be so lucky. Could you please inform Caroline of this so that we might prohibit mirrors inside the Temple grounds or something?" He requests of Katsuo, amazed that he'd managed to forget in the flurry of... things that Jian had managed to make him feel.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Pixie in the Playground

[Cafeteria]

Katsuo blinks, everything else forgotten all in an instant

The mirrors have opened again?!?! That's terrible!

He looks at the door, as if expecting dreadful foes to come in any instant

Yes, certainly she'll have to know... but the more proper person to notify is General Hawkins... the werefoxes will know what to do: they were here last time.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Cafeteria]

Katsuo blinks, everything else forgotten all in an instant

The mirrors have opened again?!?! That's terrible!

He looks at the door, as if expecting dreadful foes to come in any instant

Yes, certainly she'll have to know... but the more proper person to notify is General Hawkins... the werefoxes will know what to do: they were here last time.
    "Do you mind taking care of that for me, Sir? I barely managed to get away from them as it was, and I feel like I could hibernate on a slab of stone right about now..." He wisely leaves out the bit where he had been looking forward to not sleeping alone, in light of their recent conversation... He was alert for the moment, but it was evident that he was operating on the last dregs of adrenaline that he possessed as it was...

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Cafeteria- 2

Sam makes a face.
    "Well, I'm the only one ever with a body like this. I have been told I look kinda like this pig race from Ival-something, but pigs are ugly. My girlfriend's a human. No idea what she sees in me." he says with a goofy grin.

29. - Top - End - #209

Default [To the Moon!]

The queen flutters her wing cases, clearly touched that Plum cared

My name is Anraja. And certainly you may bring whomever you wish: Nazash does not actually bear you any ill will, and despite the nature of this meeting he does not actually consider you prisoners.
    "Anraja." Plum turns the word over in her mouth. "Pleased to meet you."

"Perhaps he could release the foxes' shuttle, then? We will need to send a minion back through the gate in any case."

Ri tries to keep Krystal up to date. "Plum's going off with the queen on a -it's complicated, but part of the deal. The other one is taking our gear and going along. Hopefully you and I will be let go. It depends how much the cerebrate trusts us."
    Not the greatest thing to be banking on, but it's something.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #210
    Pixie in the Playground

[To the Moon!]

Anraja is silent for a time as she waits for the Cerebrate's answer, then

We will return the shuttle, along with your facet and sufficient resources to repair the damage done by the mutalisks, to the battle cruiser waiting outside. As for the passengers... Nazash will warp them to the tiny environment area on the small moon, which is the only reasonable destination along your prior trajectory. They may continue whatever errand that they had with only this minor delay, and when you have completed your tasks you may recover them.

Krystal nods... not much she can do but wait.

[Cafeteria]

Katsuo nods

Of course, of course: you've had a trying day, go get some rest. I will see to it that the proper people are notified.

[Cafeteria - 2]

Kitnick shrugs

I've only ever seen pictures... but I didn't think they were all that awful. And none of that matters if you've already found someone who likes you! That's great!