New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Foxside: The Temple of Inari 55 - So many ships, you'd think it was on the ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    [Cafeteria]

Katsuo nods

Of course, of course: you've had a trying day, go get some rest. I will see to it that the proper people are notified.

Genji smiles appreciatively, retreating from the cafeteria for now to head to the dorms and greet the kindly matriarch that guarded them in their sleep before heading inside to get some rest. He does spare a moment to check and see if he has the room to himself for the moment...

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Foxside: The Temple of Inari 55 - So many ships, you'd think it was on the ocean

Cafeteria- 2

"They aren't so bad but I'd never want to kiss one. Which is why I don't know why Sherrel clearly does. But that's fine. I'm used to myself, even if I don't think I'm handsome by any means. It's all just what I do. And right now we're eating and getting a fox-temple spa, right?" he says more cheerfully.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #213
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [To the Moon!]

Plum nods.
    "That was indeed our destination."

Although it isn't clear why he's going to bother warping them out. Is it supposed to be considerate? Are they in place to interfere on the moon?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #214
    Pixie in the Playground

[Acolyte Dorm]

Genji technically is not alone: but Kartik, Kartuk, and Peng are all fast asleep and no-one even stirs as he enters.

[Cafeteria]

Kitnick nods

Yep, just like that! Are you about ready?

[To the Moon!]

Couple reasons: He actually is trying to be nice, and he'd prefer to avoid any trigger-happiness from the werefox battleship outside, all while maintaining at least a minor hostage status (side-graded to "marooned", now) for Krystal and company.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Cafeteria

Sam stacks the empty trays neatly.
    "Yeah, I'm done. Whenever you are, buddy." he says warmly, giving the fox time if he's not done yet.

6. - Top - End - #216

Default [To the Moon!]

"Okay, Krystal. You and I are getting teleported down to the moon to rejoin Calicyra and Nai. Then the shuttle's going to be let go. All quite civil. The Queen expects Plum to pick us up, but I see no reason a shuttle couldn't retrieve us early."
    Then what is there but to wait and wonder what the trip will feel like?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Acolyte Dorm]

Genji technically is not alone: but Kartik, Kartuk, and Peng are all fast asleep and no-one even stirs as he enters.

It takes Genji a bit of tossing and turning, but eventually he manages to get into a more or less comfortable slumber despite waking up every so often from the little nightmares of what could've happened in the Mirror-Temple... Eventually he just ends up casting Sleep on himself to get some actual, decent rest, not knowing what the next morning might bring...

8. - Top - End - #218
    Pixie in the Playground

[Bath House]

Kitnick nods and clears his dishes as well, and off they go! The bath house is away from the main area, tucked away in a corner Kitnick hadn't visited on his main tour. To be fair, it's not a place he's really familiar with, not having gone there before for reasons he mentioned earlier.

The exterior is an unassuming wall of dark wood and white stucco with a distinct gate, giving little indication of what might be inside. Kitnick heads right up, though, and to a small window tucked into the side of the wall.

Kitnick Fenethi, garden staff. Two please.

There's a brief delay before the person inside hands him two green coiled soft plastic bracelets with dangling tags

Please keep your bracelet on at all times, and return it when you leave. Enjoy your stay!

Kitnick holds one of them out to Sam

[To the Moon!]

Krystal tilts her head

This is the weirdest kidnapping in the history of royal abductions. I figured they didn't think quite the same as we do, but this is downright bizarre.

Anraja looks at Plum

All is prepared. Which one is to remain behind?

[Acolyte Dorm]

And it was night, and it was morning: another day. The wake-up call comes as it always does: bright and early. Genji's three roommates get up with a chorus of grumbling just like they would any other day.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Bath House

Sam mumbles his thanks and starts trying to get the thing onto his lower-right arm. It's much easier for him since he has so many hands to do so with, though the bracelet was probably intended for wrists smaller than his.
    "This seems very official." he notes.

10. - Top - End - #220

Default [To the Moon!]

"The smaller one will remain with Krystal." Plum replies. "If you're going to all this trouble- Why did you throw glaives at our shuttle and swallow it instead of just sending a messenger or telepathic contact?"

"Indeed. They seem to think of you werefoxes as something like mildly hazardous robots or an annoying weather pattern. Just a puzzle that has to be solved in order to interact with Town. On top of that they have a very long plan and I think the cerebrate Nazash has a slightly peculiar idea of what's logical."

A shrug.

"It works out for us though."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Bath House]

Kitnick nods and clears his dishes as well, and off they go! The bath house is away from the main area, tucked away in a corner Kitnick hadn't visited on his main tour. To be fair, it's not a place he's really familiar with, not having gone there before for reasons he mentioned earlier.

The exterior is an unassuming wall of dark wood and white stucco with a distinct gate, giving little indication of what might be inside. Kitnick heads right up, though, and to a small window tucked into the side of the wall.

Kitnick Fenethi, garden staff. Two please.

There's a brief delay before the person inside hands him two green coiled soft plastic bracelets with dangling tags

Please keep your bracelet on at all times, and return it when you leave. Enjoy your stay!

Kitnick holds one of them out to Sam

[To the Moon!]

Krystal tilts her head

This is the weirdest kidnapping in the history of royal abductions. I figured they didn't think quite the same as we do, but this is downright bizarre.

Anraja looks at Plum

All is prepared. Which one is to remain behind?

[Acolyte Dorm]

And it was night, and it was morning: another day. The wake-up call comes as it always does: bright and early. Genji's three roommates get up with a chorus of grumbling just like they would any other day.
    Genji grumbles for a few minutes as well, commiserating with his comrades before realising what today was, and getting visibly more excited as he rushes over to the bathroom to start primping and preening for whatever the day might throw at him... if he was lucky, today, and tonight in particular would be a LOT of fun! After a few minutes he rushes back into the room in a whirlwind of eager energy, tail swishing with irrepressible happiness and contentment~ The poor guy seems to be ignoring what his chores are today in favor of the promise of carousing with his peers in a relaxed, friendly environment~

12. - Top - End - #222
    Pixie in the Playground

(( Back to work! ))

[Bath House]

Kitnick nods

It's actually a pretty formal thing, I gather... that and I imagine keeping the place clean would get impossible if too many folks showed up all at once.

Inside, an attendant has already overheard their conversation. She smiles

Welcome! And while that is a small part of the reason, we also need to limit the number of people in the baths at any given time to preserve the peace and serenity of the facility.

[To the Moon!]

Anraja promptly confirms Nai's suspicions

The werefoxes are aggressive and flighty, and would have prolonged the attempts to contact you in a bid to bring their weaponry to bear rather than entertain the notion that we actually wanted to talk.

Krystal's ears tip back in annoyance

I suppose that would make sense: they don't really consider us intelligent.

[Morning Service]

The morning service is uneventful, and the others seem less enthusiastic about the party than Genji. Peng, in particular, seems gently awkward at the notion of going somewhere particular to meet a girl.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Bath House

"Well ok then. We got a locker room or something? Can't have a bath in full pants." he asks with a chuckle.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Pixie in the Playground

[Bath House]

The attendant nods and leads Kitnick and Sam to a nice if simple locker room.

Please get undressed and shower, then proceed through the door. I see you both have a massage first, so wait in the waiting area for the next available masseuse.

Kitnick blinks

Wait... both?

but it's too late: the helpful person has already left. Kitnick looks around the room and immediately notes another feature that makes his ears fold down.

No... towels? Robes? Nothing? ...

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Bath House

Sam leans towards Kitnick and though no one's around, he keeps his voice to a dull hiss.
    "I thought you said you'd been here one time before. Is this a fox thing? I mean, it's not like it's uh... Sam has to think to remember the word. co-ed! That. It's not like there's any girls here but it's still kind of awkward."
    Sam's very used to public showers at this point. Still a bit awkward, though.

16. - Top - End - #226

((Welcome back!))

[To the Moon!]

"I understand. We are ready."

"'Aggressive and flighty', they say."
    Ri adds, shaking her head.
    "You should both talk to the other more. Not much else out here, is there?"
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2017-01-03 at 10:44 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #227
    Dwarf in the Playground

(( Back to work! ))

[Bath House]

Kitnick nods

It's actually a pretty formal thing, I gather... that and I imagine keeping the place clean would get impossible if too many folks showed up all at once.

Inside, an attendant has already overheard their conversation. She smiles

Welcome! And while that is a small part of the reason, we also need to limit the number of people in the baths at any given time to preserve the peace and serenity of the facility.

[To the Moon!]

Anraja promptly confirms Nai's suspicions

The werefoxes are aggressive and flighty, and would have prolonged the attempts to contact you in a bid to bring their weaponry to bear rather than entertain the notion that we actually wanted to talk.

Krystal's ears tip back in annoyance

I suppose that would make sense: they don't really consider us intelligent.

[Morning Service]

The morning service is uneventful, and the others seem less enthusiastic about the party than Genji. Peng, in particular, seems gently awkward at the notion of going somewhere particular to meet a girl.
    Genji notices Peng's apparent reluctance and hesitation, and manages to orchestrate a few spare moments where he can pull the other young man aside, "What's up, Peng?" He asks his roommate with some concern evident in his tone.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Pixie in the Playground

[Bath House]

Kitnick's ears fold and tremble a little as Sam leans over him

I was by myself, and I forgot: that was a long time ago! And... I don't know... we didn't have baths at Home. Usually just sand was good enough!

He shuffles over to a locker and starts to get undressed...

I'd'a remembered if I'd had to walk around naked... um... get undressed... take a shower... OH! They're on the other side of the showers! There are fluffy pale blue robes and great huge towels after the showers!

[To the Moon!]

Anraja nods

Very well

Krystal scowls, but also laughs

Well... I can't say that's entirely wrong!

But she doesn't get to elaborate any further as the warp takes hold with a dizzying wrench not at all dissimilar to a poorly done Teleport spell that should deposit Krystal and whichever of the Atorre fragments is going along on a very incongruous grassy field on the otherwise rocky and barren moon.

[Morning Service]

Peng shrugs

Going stag to one of Katrina's parties is likely to end up with me being "matched" with somebody... I probably shouldn't complain, seeing as I don't have anyone I'm interested in at all right now, but it's still... I dunno... kinda bugs me. I don't want to have someone picked for me, no matter how talented the person doing the picking is supposed to be.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Bath House]

Kitnick's ears fold and tremble a little as Sam leans over him

I was by myself, and I forgot: that was a long time ago! And... I don't know... we didn't have baths at Home. Usually just sand was good enough!

He shuffles over to a locker and starts to get undressed...

I'd'a remembered if I'd had to walk around naked... um... get undressed... take a shower... OH! They're on the other side of the showers! There are fluffy pale blue robes and great huge towels after the showers!

[To the Moon!]

Anraja nods

Very well

Krystal scowls, but also laughs

Well... I can't say that's entirely wrong!

But she doesn't get to elaborate any further as the warp takes hold with a dizzying wrench not at all dissimilar to a poorly done Teleport spell that should deposit Krystal and whichever of the Atorre fragments is going along on a very incongruous grassy field on the otherwise rocky and barren moon.

[Morning Service]

Peng shrugs

Going stag to one of Katrina's parties is likely to end up with me being "matched" with somebody... I probably shouldn't complain, seeing as I don't have anyone I'm interested in at all right now, but it's still... I dunno... kinda bugs me. I don't want to have someone picked for me, no matter how talented the person doing the picking is supposed to be.
    "I suppose I can kind of understand that, but it's not like you HAVE to go with Katrina's choice, if you meet someone who catches your eye, can't you just chat with them a bit and see if things work out?" Genji asks, understanding the conflict, but also not thinking that it was such a big deal to have pleasant female company for an evening, and distance himself from the daily grind of temple life, just for a bit...

"I was kind of thinking of going stag as well, if it makes you feel better. Jian and I have been dancing around the issue just a bit for the last week or so, but nothing super serious yet, I don't think..."

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Bath House

"Oh, well, that's fine then. Showering's no big deal. Don't have private showers where I live." the spigre says with a shrug, undressing (which is quite easy when you're only wearing a vest and pants) and trundling over to the showers.
    Despite his words though, there is some care taken to avoid having his front be too visible to his buddy as he goes. He's used to showers but that doesn't mean he doesn't have modesty.

21. - Top - End - #231

[To the Moon!]

The Ri fragment (who, being an elf's body and completely bereft of wings or other gifts, is, as advertised, smaller than the others) appears beside Krystal and promptly falls down backwards from the dizzying transition, and takes a moment to stay seated and look around at the out-of-place grass.

"Oh! Well, we made it. Nai is still in the process of flying down here with Calicyra, but I can feel them again. It shouldn't be long."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #232
    Pixie in the Playground

[Spaaaaace!]

Krystal wobbles a bit unsteadily, but manages to not fall completely down. Her ears out folded to the sides, though, and she looks decidedly sick.

Ugh! Remind me to avoid Cerebrate Express Travel Co. in the future: that sucked. My teleports didn't hurt as much way back when I was just an apprentice!

It's a fairly well-manicured lawn of standard soft fescue grass surrounding an extremely stereotypical wizard's tower sticking up without regard for landscaping or even a path. This sort of lawn would take a bit of mowing, not to mention water, so it seems odd that the place could possibly be as uninhabited as the crystal rod insisted.

---------

Aboard the Leviathan, Anraja nods again

It is done: the werefox woman and your fragment have been transported. Your other fragment and the remainder of the crew are still aboard the shuttle.

[Bathhouse]

Kitnick is clearly quite embarrassed to be undressed like this, and curls his tail around to hide himself as he washes as quickly as he can, stubbornly facing the wall the entire time. He grumps just a little

Red fox mischief to copy humans and get all wet on purpose. Of course humans like baths: they don't have fur.

[Morning Service]

Peng bobbles his head

Yeah, yeah... I know... The vixens just intimidate me, I guess.

Then he tilts his head

You're not going with Jian? That's... is she going at all?

There's hope in his voice: if his cousin isn't going, he might be able to relax and have fun after all!

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Bathhouse

Sam's not quite used to locker room showers. Even the public ones at the...home have stalls. But still, it's not that big a deal. He knows Kitnick's not staring.
    "Honestly I don't see the problem. But then, former human. And technically I think this is all hair and not fur. Dries out faster, maybe." he says, though he finishes up quickly.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Spaaaaace!]

Krystal wobbles a bit unsteadily, but manages to not fall completely down. Her ears out folded to the sides, though, and she looks decidedly sick.

Ugh! Remind me to avoid Cerebrate Express Travel Co. in the future: that sucked. My teleports didn't hurt as much way back when I was just an apprentice!

It's a fairly well-manicured lawn of standard soft fescue grass surrounding an extremely stereotypical wizard's tower sticking up without regard for landscaping or even a path. This sort of lawn would take a bit of mowing, not to mention water, so it seems odd that the place could possibly be as uninhabited as the crystal rod insisted.

---------

Aboard the Leviathan, Anraja nods again

It is done: the werefox woman and your fragment have been transported. Your other fragment and the remainder of the crew are still aboard the shuttle.

[Bathhouse]

Kitnick is clearly quite embarrassed to be undressed like this, and curls his tail around to hide himself as he washes as quickly as he can, stubbornly facing the wall the entire time. He grumps just a little

Red fox mischief to copy humans and get all wet on purpose. Of course humans like baths: they don't have fur.

[Morning Service]

Peng bobbles his head

Yeah, yeah... I know... The vixens just intimidate me, I guess.

Then he tilts his head

You're not going with Jian? That's... is she going at all?

There's hope in his voice: if his cousin isn't going, he might be able to relax and have fun after all!
    "I'm not sure, she's a grown vixen, and is allowed to make her own choices, right? I was under the impression that she was, but she hasn't told me much about it... I'm just going to focus on trying to enjoy myself, and see what I can do to relax and have fun, you know?" He offers Peng a smile, "That's probably what you should do as well. Getting all stressed won't do you any good, you know? What's the deal with you two, anyways? You don't seem particularly fond of Jian at times..." Genji raised a brow, not having had any siblings of his own he found it hard to imagine that Peng could possibly be so henpecked...
    Last edited by deleteman900; 2017-01-03 at 02:00 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235

Default [Spaaaaace!]

"With any luck, you won't have another opportunity to travel this way."
    The Ri fragment pokes at the grass. Has there been a magical lawnmower at work here?
    Then she looks up - are they on the right side of the moon to see a werefox-planet hanging up in the sky?

Then it's time to stand and join Krystal.

"The other fragment will now be leaving the shuttle and joining me here, if you would send something to guide them on the way."
    And back in the shuttle, it starts happening.
    "At that point, we would be pleased to have the shuttle released, and then depart when you deem it appropriate - or Nazash does."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #236
    Pixie in the Playground

[Bathhouse]

Kitnick takes a deep breath, then chuckles as he turns the water off and shakes himself vigorously, flinging water everywhere

Soft, warm, double-coated fur holds water very well: nothing like hair at all. I really should stop being such a baby about this whole thing.

He turns and heads toward the shower-room exit, where robes and towels can indeed be seen hanging from hooks on the walls, looking solidly straight ahead the whole time.

[Morning Services]

Peng sighs, and nods

You're right. I'll try to relax... its' a party, after all: the point is to have fun.

well... it's a start, at any rate. But then Peng rolls his eyes

I'm sorry, Genji: I know you like her, but my cousin and I do not get along. Her nogitsune half gets the better of her a lot: she's fond of pranks, and she can get downright mean about them. She can be pretty cruel with her teasing, and nothing's sacred at all... my sisters will tease me, and they'll join in with her sometimes, but they're a lot more sensitive to when they've pushed things a bit far. Jian... seems to enjoy it.

[Space, 2017]

Krystal nods

Hope so!

The grass looks more like it has been cropped by an herbivore, to be honest. Looking up, there's a pretty blue planet hanging in the sky, and another moon off to the right.

She is inspecting the base of the tower for an entrance... there does not seem to be one on this side.

---

Anraja nods yet again, and starts to head toward the door but abruptly stops. There is momentarily afterwards a titanic thump and the entire ship shudders.

It would seem the battleship outside has run out of patience. We must withdraw at once: while their canon will take several shots to damage our hull significantly, we cannot long endure it. The werefox crew will need to remain our guests for the time being.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2017-01-03 at 03:14 PM.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Bathhouse

Sam chuckles, not objecting to being soaked by Kitnick's flailing when he's already soaked. He follows the fox to fetch a robe, though unless someone very quickly adjusted one with magic there's no way they'd have one that fits him. Perhaps they might have one in his size, but four arms?

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Bathhouse]

Kitnick takes a deep breath, then chuckles as he turns the water off and shakes himself vigorously, flinging water everywhere

Soft, warm, double-coated fur holds water very well: nothing like hair at all. I really should stop being such a baby about this whole thing.

He turns and heads toward the shower-room exit, where robes and towels can indeed be seen hanging from hooks on the walls, looking solidly straight ahead the whole time.

[Morning Services]

Peng sighs, and nods

You're right. I'll try to relax... its' a party, after all: the point is to have fun.

well... it's a start, at any rate. But then Peng rolls his eyes

I'm sorry, Genji: I know you like her, but my cousin and I do not get along. Her nogitsune half gets the better of her a lot: she's fond of pranks, and she can get downright mean about them. She can be pretty cruel with her teasing, and nothing's sacred at all... my sisters will tease me, and they'll join in with her sometimes, but they're a lot more sensitive to when they've pushed things a bit far. Jian... seems to enjoy it.
    Genji nods good-naturedly, "No offense taken, amigo. She's your cousin, you probably know her a LOT better than I do. She uhh... seems to play her cards close to the chest, if you will. Have you tried telling her that she pushes you a bit too far at times?" Genji asks, knowing it sounds like a dumb, obvious suggestion. "She's come quite close to pushing me just a bit too far several times now, and I can only hope that she knows its her fault if something happens..." He blushes, still flustered at losing his cool in the cafeteria last night.

"Speak of the twin-devils... I imagine Zhi is probably going with Kartuk, but has Na said anything about a potential chaperone?" Genji tries to ask in his most innocent, sincere tone~

29. - Top - End - #239

Default [Space, 2017 and on]

"It seems like something's been here..."
    Ri starts circling around the tower. Keeping on the grass, of course.
    It's probably going to take magic to get inside.

Down here, so far, they'll remain blissfully unaware of any space battle.

"As you must."
    This unpleasant news is relayed to the shuttle crew.

It's not beyond imagination that they're faking a werefox attack, but Plum wants to give them the benefit of the doubt.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #240
    Pixie in the Playground

(( AARRGGHH. They teased me yesterday with an easy day. ))

[Moonbase Alpha]

Krystal turns to look

Huh... you're right... something's been eating the grass...

There's an odd, unpleasant bleating sound from the far side of the temple. If you ever read old "Dragon" magazines, you might guess what it is.

------

[BOOM]

The leviathan shudders again, under another blast from the fifth-generation Yamato Canon: the area with the shuttle rapidly depressurizes and alarms begin to blare

I assure you this is what we were hoping to avoid... but they care not for the well-being of their own people. The werefoxes are dangerous beyond imagining and that is why we are leaving this system.

The sensation of acceleration rapidly builds: the ship is beginning to pick up speed, and that is increasing swiftly.

[Bathhouse]

Kitnick sighs disappointedly

They don't allow children, and haven't figured out that at least SOME of us are small... I guess it's a towel for...

he turns and sees Sam's similar if opposite problem, and giggles

well... it's not just me. Sam, sorry: it's a towel for you too!

[Morning Services]

Peng looks thoughtfully at Genji

We fully expect Zhi and Kartuk to announce their engagement any time now: they've been dating for months, and our people don't linger the way many do.

But Na? She has been remarkably... quiet... of late. It's interesting you mention my other sister: she smells excited - and you know what I mean. But also... frightened? maybe nervous? I don't know, and she won't talk to me.
    Last edited by Fenric; 2017-01-04 at 10:03 PM.