New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance (Fighting for friends, etc etc)

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    You know, here's a question: Where did the Black Knight get those things? Two holy swords and blessed armor are not things you leave lying around.
    This is a very good question. I'd have to imagine from the same place they initially found the medallion. They looted a heron.

I'm going to hold off on saying what all those familiar with Path of Radiance already know until the end though. For those curious.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Plays: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance (Fighting for friends, etc etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Clearly you've never played D&D.
    Fire Emblem is not DND
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Fire Emblem is not DND
    Shhhhh. Clearly the loot tables are the same.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

The specifics are spoilers, but I will say this much - yes, two holy swords and some holy armor aren't the sorts of things you leave lying around. On the other hand, have you seen that guy's stats? If you're going to be handing out that sort of weaponry, the BK seems like the sort of top notch warrior you'd want to receive it. If you're going to try and secure it somewhere, the BK seems like the sort of top notch warrior who could get through it. There are a lot of characters where had they shown up with a couple of artifacts I'd be inclined to ask "where the heck did they get these", the BK isn't one of them.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

5. - Top - End - #425

I'm hungry, time for some game.

A Taste Of: 20XX

9:57

20XX is a roguelike Megaman game and despite being someone who just doesn't have that big a taste for roguelikes I think it's pretty fantastic and that should tell you something. It's specifically more based on the X series, though if you want to get technical due to how the character of Ace plays it's more like Megaman Zero but whatever. My point is, this is a Megaman game with Roguelike elements. It's still in Early Access, but the team behind it have been giving biweekly updates to the game since it was released. The new update even launched today, so this video is actually like two or three patches out of date! That's dedication. It's really fun, and is another Indie game in a long line of Indie games that are aware of speedrunners and has a dedicated speedrunning mode, as well as just clearly caring about that as well. It's pretty cool.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Troll in the Playground

Ooh, that looks really cool. As another person who isn't a huge fan of roguelikes. It seems fluid, has a nice atmosphere, good music, and seems like it has some good options. Of course, this is just a taste, so I could be completely wrong.

Also, I'm certainly not disappointed about your choice of character. Not. At. All.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I'm hungry, time for some game.

A Taste Of: 20XX

9:57

20XX is a roguelike Megaman game and despite being someone who just doesn't have that big a taste for roguelikes I think it's pretty fantastic and that should tell you something. It's specifically more based on the X series, though if you want to get technical due to how the character of Ace plays it's more like Megaman Zero but whatever. My point is, this is a Megaman game with Roguelike elements. It's still in Early Access, but the team behind it have been giving biweekly updates to the game since it was released. The new update even launched today, so this video is actually like two or three patches out of date! That's dedication. It's really fun, and is another Indie game in a long line of Indie games that are aware of speedrunners and has a dedicated speedrunning mode, as well as just clearly caring about that as well. It's pretty cool.
    I'm honestly surprised that Nintendo or Capcom, who are infamously notorious about being stupid meany buttheads about their IP, haven't tried to sue their pants off. Sure, they don't really have a case, but that really hasn't stopped them before.

Having said that, I really hope that doesn't happen, because this looks like a really awesome game. I like the idea of a roguelike megaman.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

8. - Top - End - #428

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    I'm honestly surprised that Nintendo or Capcom, who are infamously notorious about being stupid meany buttheads about their IP, haven't tried to sue their pants off. Sure, they don't really have a case, but that really hasn't stopped them before.

Having said that, I really hope that doesn't happen, because this looks like a really awesome game. I like the idea of a roguelike megaman.
    Can't imagine what you're talking about. Nintendo puts a kitbosh to fangames occasionally, yeah, and it sucks especially with A2MR, but this is an original IP using the same basic formula, not a full on fan game. Also, Megaman is all Capcom's. Capcom's actually pretty good about this, mostly due to not caring, or in the case of Street Fighter X Megaman, actually contributing.

Also MEGAMAN IS DEAD, they don't care anymore.

Anyway the game's been around since like 2014 so it's...not gonna get removed any time soon.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

Can't imagine what you're talking about. Nintendo puts a kitbosh to fangames occasionally, yeah, and it sucks especially with A2MR, but this is an original IP using the same basic formula, not a full on fan game. Also, Megaman is all Capcom's. Capcom's actually pretty good about this, mostly due to not caring, or in the case of Street Fighter X Megaman, actually contributing.
    Same basic formula, yes, but also the same basic character designs.

Then again, Mighty No. 9 was even closer and got much more hype.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #430

From the depths of sickness I rise.

Zodi Plays: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance [29] Mountain Climbing

Video Length: 40:37

With the retainers joining Ike's contingent of stabmene and the remnants of Crimea's army joining the main actual army army, the size of our forces are now starting to look pretty respectable! And the good news from Ranulf is here, and boy is it ever good. Gallia rises! All we need to do is cross this treacherous mountain path and we'll be able to link our forces with the Laguz, making our army even better. Everything seems to be going our way! Except in Phoenics, we see that something quite bad has happened...the Black Knight has appeared, and kidnapped Leanne for some dasterdly purpose! Though this won't effect us right away, it's quite bad for us. But for now, Ike is focused on challenging the rock. There isn't really much to go over with regards to outfitting, though I do end up with Soren getting a dead level. With Rhys's from a couple days ago, this makes...a bunch. I forget the exact number I'll check later. But we do get some supporting done, specifically Neph and Calill, one of the nicer supports (and one of the only ones Calill and Neph GET). As for info talks, we get to see a small child ask us to murder everyone, and we get to recruit a giant berserker boy named Largo! Largo is a good friend of Calill's and is another very good unit to use the Wrath-Vantage combo on, if your Neph didn't turn out well. He also uses axes, so if your Boyd or Kieran don't really work out he can do the job. As a berserker he also gets a natural bonus to crit like Swordmasters. So berserkers are kinda great! Sadly he's also our ONLY Berserker, so since we won't be using him we won't get to see him strut his stuff.

Anyway, onto the mission at hand. We've gotta climb a mountain. It'd take to long not to climb it, so climb it we shall. Of course the enemy is waiting for us, and will shove boulders onto us. These boulders are unstoppable and deal 10 damage to anyone they hit...this includes their own units, so if we're careful we can bait them into assisting us. That said it's better to just avoid getting crushed by a giant rolling stone. The only really notable enemies on the map is a Bishop who has Purge, the siege tome for Light magic, which we must get by any means possible, and the boss. Grommel, a wyvern lord with a fairly respectible magic stat given Wyvern Lord's are really bad at magic, wielding a mighty Bolt Axe. Grommel is interesting in that he, plus the Ballista at the top of the map, exist almost purely to ensure you just don't fly a flyer straight up the mountain. Grommel is also VERY aggressive, and will come down to fight you if you get to close. I tried to take advantage of this by luring him in and then using a Sleep stave but...as I explain in video, this doesn't work. They show the hit chance as 100%, but it still misses. This is probably one of my biggest pet peeves. Fire Emblem is a series that shows you basically all the math at a glance, so you can determine things. But sometimes it'll break the rules for no reason. I can find no actual evidence on the wiki or SerenesForest that says that bosses are immune to Sleep staves. But as you can tell, he is. And like, I get it. You don't want me to erase the boss encounter. Sleep puts you down for 5 turns, more than enough for any unit at this point in the game to put him in the ground without any danger. But I'm only able to do this with 100% accuracy because Rhys is so ridiculous. Reward me for building up this anemic cleric boy to the heights of magical god-hood. Yes, it's unfair for game balance, but also I don't care let me sleep bosses. There is a point where you should sacrifice game balance for fun. This mission isn't very hard, but it IS staked against you. The enemy can easily throw ten damage chunks at you with basically no resistance on your part beyond "don't be in the path" which is sometimes actually just impossible to do. So when the player comes up with a clever idea like sleeping the boss, maybe give it to us? That being said, something I could of done is used the staff on the guys who push the boulders. That'd be just as tactically interesting...though less relevant since the boss is the only enemy really WORTH sleeping here.

Anyway, enough ranting. We murder everyone on the mountain, Tibarn shows up to tell us the bad news, Ike tells everyone about the Black Knight, and the Crimean army grows ever stronger. It is now safe to say that we are an Army, in the truest sense. It's time to wage war. Hope to see you all next time.

------

So, as promised, today we're gonna look at Ilyana's supports. All of them. I'm doing this for a very specific reason. I want to show you how bad Ilyana's supports are, so that we can compare them to Nephenee's in the coming days. Ilyana is a character who has a few interesting character traits on introduction (she's a wanderer with no memory, she likes eating food, she's often sick) and Nephenee is a character with LITERALLY NO character traits on introduction (she is silent and only says generic stuff). So let's take a look at how they play with Ilyana's character traits in Support.

Spoiler: Screaming about Ilyana
    Show
    Spoiler: Ilyana and Gatrie - Food 4 Love
    Show
    C Support

Gatrie: You there, young lady!
    Ilyana: …
    Gatrie: Hello? Yes, you…the cute one!
    Gatrie: Oooh, I get it. Playing hard to get, eh? Tee hee hee!
    Ilyana: Um… Are you…talking to me?
    Gatrie: Phew, I finally got your attention. Aren’t you a sly little minx!
    Ilyana: Oh…
    Gatrie: So…what’s your name, cutie?
    Ilyana: My name? Well… It’s Ilyana, but…
    Gatrie: Ilyana, eh? That’s a cute name.
    Ilyana: Oh…it is?
    Gatrie: I’m Gatrie. But I’m sure you already knew that.
    Ilyana: Um…well, actually…
    Gatrie: Of course, I’m sure you’ve heard all about my victories on the battlefield. Oh, there was that business with the dragon…
    Ilyana: Excuse me, I have to go.
    Gatrie: I know she’ll never forget me! Ilyana… You will be mine!

B Support

Gatrie: Ilyana!
    Ilyana: Oh, hello…
    Gatrie: I picked these beautiful flowers just for you!
    Gatrie: W-what? You don’t like them?
    Ilyana: Well…
    Gatrie: Oh, good! So you DO like them!
    Ilyana: It’s just that… Um…
    Gatrie: …No good, eh? Then what about this broach? Isn’t it fashionable? I picked it up at a quaint little curio shop I stumbled upon.
    Gatrie: That’s no good, either? Are you sure you won’t take it?
    Ilyana: Well… It’s nice, but…
    Gatrie: … Oh! So you love it, right? Just like you love big, strong knights?
    Ilyana: Excuse me…
    Gatrie: Hmmm. She’s a tough one to swoon. I’ll just have to pour it on even thicker! There’s no way I’m going to let such a gorgeous girl slip away!

A Support

Gatrie: Ilyana! I just found this exquisite seashell on the shore. Isn’t it stunning? Here, why don’t you take it?
    Gatrie: Not interested, are you?
    Ilyana: It’s not that–
    Gatrie: You don’t want it, do you?
    Ilyana: Not really…
    Gatrie: Hmm, this tactic isn’t working. To be honest, I was thinking that if I gave you something you liked, you might come out to dinner with me sometime.
    Ilyana: Oh! I wouldn’t mind joining you…
    Gatrie: For dinner?
    Ilyana: Yes…for dinner.
    Gatrie: Really!? Brilliant! I, Gatrie, will deliver you to the finest purveyor of salacious foods in all the realm!
    Ilyana: G-Gatrie…? Oh, that’s right… Now I remember…
    Gatrie: Huh? Did you say something?
    Ilyana: Oh, nothing…
    Gatrie: Hmmm… Well, never mind. I’ll see you later!
    Ilyana: Gatrie…Gatrie… Remember that name! He’s going to take me out to the finest restaurant! Tasty food… Oh, I can’t wait!

This one is actually Ilyana's second best support. And it doesn't even focus on her, the main "thing" about this one is that Gatrie is trying to woo Ilyana and in the end all he has to do is shove food in her face. The joke is that Ilyana in the A rank gives the same basic response Gatrie does at the end of the C. "Ah, this person. I'll be sure to remember them". In Gatrie's example it's him wanting to manipulate her into going on a date, and in Ilyana it's her realizing she can extort food from him. It's cute and funny and nice, and Gatrie is honestly a character who needs to get owned sometimes in these supports of his. Now let's look at the next one.

Spoiler: Ilyana and Mia - Mia is too dumb to realize Ilyana is hungry, Ilyana eats her shoe
    Show
    C Support

Mia: Hah! Today is a good day. I’m feeling lucky! Maybe I’ll meet someone to duel… Maybe my true archrival!
    Mia: Ack! You scared me! Hah! Sneaking up behind me like that… You’re a crafty one!
    Ilyana: Um…sorry. Please let me pass…
    Mia: Huh? Oh, sure…
    Ilyana: Excuse me…
    Mia: So, do you want to duel? At dawn, perhaps? I love dueling at dawn! Awww…never mind. It wouldn’t be much of a challenge. You’re looking a bit sickly.
    Ilyana: Sorry… I’m just feeling weak.
    Mia: She looks so…fragile. Maybe I should watch her back. Just to make sure nothing bad happens to her… Oh well…back to sword practice!

B Support

Mia: Oh, I remember you from the other day.
    Ilyana: Hello…
    Mia: You’re staggering again. Is there something wrong with you?
    Ilyana: No… I’m fine. Really.
    Mia: But you look sickly and ill. Why don’t you go and see a priest?
    Ilyana: I’m quite all right. The last time I saw a priest, he said I wasn’t sick.
    Mia: Hmm… Are you sure you weren’t being bilked? Was he a real priest? You look like you’re about to keel over.
    Ilyana: I’m fine.
    Mia: Meh. Have it your way… Can you even walk?
    Ilyana: Yes, of course… I’ll see you later.
    Mia: Where are you going? That’s a dead end!
    Mia: Hold up for a moment. I’ll come with you! You’ll never find anything without me.
    Ilyana: Thank you…

A Support

Mia: I can’t seem to focus today. I sense my foes out there, hiding in the trees and snickering at me! Haaaa! Take that, foe! You know, I haven’t seen Ilyana lately. I hope she’s all right. Hmm… Well, can’t do anything about it now… I need to get back to practice. One…two…strike! One…two…stab! Hey! What was that?
    Mia:: Ugh! What did I just step on? It feels…squishy.
    Ilyana:: …
    Mia: Aaaack! Why are you on the ground?! Are you dead? Gravely injured? Perhaps slightly wounded?
    Ilyana: No, no…
    Mia: Well? What’s wrong?
    Ilyana: I’m just…hungry.
    Mia: Huh? Hungry? Why don’t you quit your whining and have a biscuit?
    Ilyana: So…hungry. Please…if you have anything…
    Mia: Hold on a minute! Don’t tell me you’re always staggering around and fainting because you need a snack!
    Ilyana: Yes… As soon as I finish eating, I get hungry again. That’s why I faint.
    Mia: Well, I don’t have any food on me right now. I’ll go get you something right away, though. We can’t have you passed out on the ground like this!
    Ilyana: Please…don’t leave…
    Mia: Whoa there! Let go! Hey! Stop trying to eat my foot!
    Ilyana: Mmmm…so…tasty…
    Mia: No, no, no! I can’t have you feasting on my limbs! Somebody bring this girl some food! Anything, people! Old leather shoes, fruitcake…anything!

I'd actually argue this is Ilyana's best support, but I flip flop on if it or Gatrie's is best. Basically Mia is so focused on doing her character trait that she doesn't really notice Ilyana's. It's in effect Ilyana doing one massive long con to get Mia to get her some food. It has the funny imagery of Ilyana chomping down on Mia's foot, but overall this is more about how Mia is so obsessed with "fight me" that she doesn't really notice other people. It's more reflective on Mia learning to notice others, less on Ilyana herself.

Spoiler: Ilyana and Mordecai - Consume Like Bear
    Show
    C Support

Ilyana: Ah…
    Mordecai: You look sickly.
    Ilyana: I… I…know you…
    Mordecai: I am Mordecai. You are Ilyana. We have not met.
    Ilyana: You’re right… I keep to myself, mostly… Even though we’re on the same side, I’m often forgotten. Ahhh… Whoa…
    Mordecai: Mmm? What is wrong?
    Ilyana: I’m… I’m sorry. I got a little dizzy, there. Don’t worry about it. It happens all the time.
    Mordecai: Hmmm… You are skinny. Even for a beorc. Can you fight?
    Ilyana: I can… Somehow.
    Mordecai: But you are as thin as a paper. Won’t the enemy tear you to shreds?
    Ilyana: There’s nothing I can do about my size. When that happens… I’m ready…
    Mordecai: Grrr… I don’t like the sound of that. Stay close to my side. I will keep your skinny beorc body safe.
    Ilyana: R-really? Thank you, Mordecai.

B Support

Mordecai: Urrrrggh!
    Ilyana: Hello, Mordecai. Wow, are you carrying all those crates by yourself? That’s incredible!
    Mordecai: Grrrrr! Count on me for a strong back and a pair of paws. Uuuuuurrrrrrffffff! These are the last ones.
    Ilyana: How can you carry all those at once? I could never do that.
    Mordecai: Eat big meals and get meat on your bones. Then you can lift crates like me.
    Ilyana: I would love to eat big meals… But I can’t. Because…well… I have no money… That’s why I faint all the time.
    Mordecai: Mmm? You go hungry because you don’t have money for food? That shames us all. It will end now. Take my gold… Go! Feast! Eat as much as you want. Become fat and happy, little beorc.
    Ilyana: Really? Are you…sure?
    Mordecai: Yes.
    Ilyana: Anything? Anything at all?
    Mordecai: I would not lie to a hungry beorc.
    Ilyana: Thank you, Mordecai… I don’t know what to say… You’re like an angel.
    Mordecai: Me? No…stop. You embarrass me.

A Support

Ilyana: Thank you for your generosity the other day, Mordecai… Nobody has ever done anything like that for me…
    Mordecai: Do not thank me. We are friends. But you ate like a starved bear! A dozen of me could not eat that much mutton stew!
    Ilyana: The food was delicious. I could have eaten more!
    Mordecai: I would feed you again, but you ate through all my beorc money. Where do you put all that food?
    Ilyana: Well…in my stomach…
    Mordecai: You are like the furry little squirrels that live with us in the woods. Always stuffing food in their mouths. Half beorc, half squirrel. That’s you.
    Ilyana: Haha! Maybe you’re right! Squirrels, huh? That’s cute.
    Mordecai: So…when do you hibernate?
    Ilyana: Hibernate? I don’t hibernate!

In this one, Ilyana...convinces Mordecai to give her food and makes Mordecai feel bad about the fact that a waify, thin as hell Beorc is able to eat more than 12 of him. And remember Mordecai is a BIG man, and ALSO A TIGER. That's impressive. But it sure is the same joke as the last two supports again. Ilyana likes food, convinces others to give her food. Eats enough to make them go "wow". The end. It does have some funny lines, and as someone who eats a lot I appreciate the answer to "where do you put all that?" being "in my stomach". That's funny.

Spoiler: Ilyana and Zihark - Cut To The Chase
    Show
    C Support

Zihark: Uh…Ilyana? What are you staring at?
    Ilyana: Oh? Er… The bag on your hip.
    Zihark: It’s nothing special. I just carry a vulnerary and some snacks in there. Why? Is there something wrong with it?
    Ilyana: Oooh… It smells delicious…
    Zihark: Really? That’s odd. It’s just some dried meat.
    Ilyana: Dried meat! So…savory… I’m just…you know. I’m hungry.
    Zihark: You’re hungry? But I just saw you shoveling down some roast rabbit a few minutes ago! You may look frail, but you can sure throw down the chow! Well, I’m off. Talk to you later!
    Ilyana: Oh…good-bye.
    Ilyana: What am I going to do? I should have told him I’m starving and nearly ready to collapse from hunger pains. Maybe then he would have given me some of his delicious-smelling snacks. I need food!

B Support

Ilyana: Er… Hello…
    Zihark: Hello, Ilyana. You’re hungry again, aren’t you?
    Ilyana: No. Maybe. Fine…yes. I’m starving!
    Zihark: How can you possibly eat so much and still be hungry? Last night you swiped the chicken wing right out of my hands! Does casting a few spells really make you that hungry?
    Ilyana: To be honest, I don’t know why I’m so hungry. I’m never full. I always get hungry as soon as I eat. Normally, I eat about as much food as five people. Today was tough because I only got enough food for three.
    Zihark: What?! That’s just…incredible! That sounds like a serious problem. Well…good luck with that.
    Ilyana: Er… Excuse me? Can you wait for a moment?
    Zihark: What?
    Ilyana: Er… Haven’t you forgotten something?
    Zihark: Now, let me think… Nope! Didn’t forget anything.
    Ilyana: Oh…my mistake, then.
    Zihark: See you later!
    Ilyana: … Everyone gave me something to eat but him…

A Support

Zihark: Hi, Ilyana. I’m bumping into you all over the place these days.
    Ilyana: Yes, you’re right. …
    Zihark: What’s wrong? You look a little… different today.
    Ilyana: Really? How so?
    Zihark: Yes, definitely. You’re looking cuter than usual.
    Ilyana: Really?!
    Zihark: Yeah, definitely a little cuter.
    Zihark: You’re hungry, though. I can tell from the feral look in your eyes.
    Ilyana: Feral?! Excuse me?
    Zihark: You’re a bit of a celebrity among the men in the unit. They say you lure them in with your cute face and then run off with their snacks.
    Ilyana: They do?
    Zihark: Oh, yes they do! You’re a beef jerky thief, aren’t you? I know about the apple pie incident, too. Yeah… I know your tricks. Is it true that you don’t remember their names, even after they buy you an expensive meal? That’s just terrible.
    Ilyana: No! It’s just that… I collapse into a coma when I get too hungry! That’s why I’ve got to accept everyone’s generous food offers.
    Zihark: Then at least remember their names! Even if you had ulterior motives, everyone likes… Er… Is kind to you.
    Ilyana: Sorry…
    Zihark: Don’t apologize to me. You didn’t take my apple tart.
    Ilyana: All right.
    Zihark: Well, shall we get going?
    Ilyana: Pardon me?
    Zihark: You’re hungry, right? I feel bad about preaching to you, so this dinner is on me.
    Ilyana: Are you sure?
    Zihark: I’m sure. I can’t have you going hungry on me. However, I’m not rich. All I can afford is two dinners.
    Ilyana: That’s…so kind. That should be enough. I’m so happy! Oh, thank you so much… Um… Er… Ike? No, wait! Um… Bill? Lance? Sword guy?
    Zihark: Zihark.
    Ilyana: Zihark! Oh, I really appreciate it…

This is the most "important" support since Zihark and Ilyana is a ship some people apparently really like. In this one Ilyana just cuts to the chase and says "gimme yer food" and Zihark is the only person in the entire army to call her out on her bull****. But she's too cute so he eventually gives in. Ilyana CANNOT EVEN REMEMBER HIS NAME, IN THE A SUPPORT, but she's happy because he gave in to her demands for All The Food. Have you gotten why I'm complaining about Ilyana yet?

Spoiler: Ilyana and Lucia - Will Train 4 Food
    Show
    C Support

Lucia: Well, well… Look at this cute little thing. So you’re a mage, huh? I’m Lucia. I’m a soldier in the royal Crimean army, and I thank you for joining our cause.
    Ilyana: I’m Ilyana… I’m with Greil’s Merc… Oh…
    Lucia: What’s wrong? Are you all right?
    Ilyana: Yes, don’t mind me…
    Lucia: Look at you! You’re skinnier than a sword edge! All this marching must be hard on you.
    Ilyana: I fall down sometimes… I just can’t keep up.
    Lucia: That’s no good! If that happens on the battlefield, you’re as good as meat. You’ve got to stay fit and battle ready.
    Ilyana: Yes…ma’am.
    Lucia: You’re sounding faint. Hang on. Don’t collapse on me! Here, let me help you. Let’s get you back to your tent.
    Ilyana: I can’t move… Hungry…so hungry…
    Lucia: Wait here. Let me go fetch some food.
    Ilyana: Really…? You’d do that?
    Lucia: Of course. What do you think you can eat?
    Ilyana: I’ll take anything…
    Lucia: All right. I’ll try to find something big and hearty to give you strength. Stay where you are until I come back.
    Ilyana: Thank you so much…

B Support

Lucia: All right, Ilyana. Start now.
    Ilyana: Let me give this a try… Huuuufff… Haaaaaa… Huuuffff… Puuufffff…
    Lucia: … Wait, Ilyana. Can you come back here for a moment?
    Ilyana: Yes? What is it?
    Lucia: I know you’re not feeling great… But I still want you to do some running. Exercise is important. Why not start out slowly?
    Ilyana: Yes… I’ll try. I… I ran the best I could…
    Lucia: Hah! That was supposed to be running?!
    Ilyana: Well…
    Lucia: …Er… Listen, Ilyana. I didn’t mean to be so harsh. Nobody is born great at everything. It takes hours and hours of practice to get better at something. So don’t feel bad when you don’t excel at something right away. Is that clear?
    Ilyana: Yes…
    Lucia: Don’t worry. I’ll work on it with you. Go and give it another try.
    Ilyana: All right… I’ll do my best…
    Lucia: Then we can take a break. Perhaps you’d like some water before you try again.
    Ilyana: Actually, I’m a little hungry…
    Lucia: Food? No problem at all. What would you like to eat?
    Ilyana: Do you remember that meal you made me the other day? That was so tasty… I’d love that again!
    Lucia: You liked it that much, huh? Then I’ll set to work making you another big helping! But…you’ll have to run for it!
    Ilyana: It’s a deal. Thank you…for everything.

A Support

Lucia: Where’s Ilyana? I told her to wait right here! Where did she run off to?
    Ilyana: Lu… Lucia…
    Lucia: Ilyana!? Did something happen?
    Ilyana: No… Just so… Hungry… So hungry…
    Lucia: Hungry? Haven’t you been eating?
    Ilyana: No… Not enough… I just had five helpings…
    Lucia: What?! Five helpings?!
    Ilyana: Yes… Oh, and I took Soren’s lamb shank when he wasn’t looking.
    Lucia: How much do you usually eat?
    Ilyana: When I cook, I usually make… six or seven helpings…
    Lucia: Er… You’re not a laguz, are you?
    Ilyana: No…
    Lucia: Listen, Ilyana. I’ve put you through some hard training over the last few days, and it got me thinking… There is something seriously wrong with you!! But I can’t leave you like this. You’ve made it this far, and we’ll get through whatever it is together.
    Ilyana: Yes… That makes me happy. You make me delicious meals… You’re so beautiful and strong… I want to be with you, Lucia…
    Lucia: Oh, fine. We might as well go get some food!
    Ilyana: Your cooking… I can almost taste it…
    Lucia: You’re always so hungry… All right, I’ll make you whatever you want. But you had better train hard!
    Ilyana: Yes! Oh, I’m so happy!

In this one, Ilyana tricks another swordmaster into giving her food straight off the bat, and gets roped into doing some basic exercises in exchange for more. That's literally it. This one is more about Lucia's earnest generosity more than anything else, which is the problem. Every Ilyana Support is "about the other person". Because all Ilyana, with her mysterious past and sickly demeaner and general desire to consume entire banquets...all she GETS is "I want to eat". It's awful. Supports are the only way to get characterization and while yes, you're limited to five conversations total in this game, imagine getting all of Ilyana's five convos...and getting NOTHING of note about her actual character beyond "she will do anything to get food from people". It's honestly really bad. Next time we'll be looking at TWO of Neph's supports, because the third of hers is with Calill and you'll see that in video, and I'll talk about that one once we get to the end of it. Nephenee has THREE supports, and let me tell you just by reading them I can assure you that she gets more characterization in the FIVE supports Ilyana gets.

So yeah that's my mini rant about how Intsys is bad at writing supports sometimes. They've gotten better, but even in modern games we get the occasional Ilyana...but to be fair in the later games EVERYONE can support with EVERYONE and there is no limit to conversations. That DOES make it harder to actually write unique stuff for EVERY interaction.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Bugbear in the Playground

I also find it really annoying when bosses are just immune to your powers. I do get why it's done, but you have to be able to use the fun powers on more than the basic enemies. Come to think of it, most of my standout RPG bosses are standouts because you're supposed to use these kinds tactics to get around them. There being no hint at all on Grommel is particularly infuriating. It should be pretty easy to make a skill that lets bosses be immune to sleep and stuff. That would bring us to much the same problem, but at least there'd be a reason for it.

Away from game mechanics, Largo is amazing and his immediate benching makes me sad. You could get some amazing supports out of him...

Ilyana seems really annoying. That's all I can really say about her. Really Annoying. Nephenee seems to be turning into Applejack... and I'm OK with that for some reason.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

12. - Top - End - #432

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    Away from game mechanics, Largo is amazing and his immediate benching makes me sad. You could get some amazing supports out of him...

Ilyana seems really annoying. That's all I can really say about her. Really Annoying. Nephenee seems to be turning into Applejack... and I'm OK with that for some reason.
    I'll be sure to show all of Largo's supports in thread because they ARE great. You may recall that Mia's character trait is "fight me". One of her supports is Largo.

Neph is like a shy Applejack and that's as far as I'm going to allow ponies to exist in this thread.

13. - Top - End - #433

I'll be sure to show all of Largo's supports in thread because they ARE great. You may recall that Mia's character trait is "fight me". One of her supports is Largo.

Neph is like a shy Applejack and that's as far as I'm going to allow ponies to exist in this thread.
    Look, Applejack is the only country girl I can think of right now...

I actually can't remember who Mia is at all, sorry.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

14. - Top - End - #434

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    Look, Applejack is the only country girl I can think of right now...

I actually can't remember who Mia is at all, sorry.
    This small sword child.

15. - Top - End - #435

Regarding your comment in video about Ike's strength score: The expected strength score for a level 12/20 Ike is 8 (base value) + 0.5 (growth) * 30 (total variable level-ups) = 23. Your Ike is more or less exactly average in this respect.

Assuming I did my math correctly, about 42.8% of possible level 12/20 Ikes will have less than 23 strength, another 42.8% of level 12/20 Ikes will have more than 23 strength, and the remaining 14.4% of level 12/20 Ikes will have exactly 23 strength, with an average strength score over the field of possible level 12/20 Ikes of 22.99. There's about a 2% chance that a level 12/20 Ike would have capped strength (assuming cap of 20 pre-promotion and 29 post-promotion).

16. - Top - End - #436

The girl who failed you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

17. - Top - End - #437

Quote Originally Posted by Aeson View Post
    Regarding your comment in video about Ike's strength score: The expected strength score for a level 12/20 Ike is 8 (base value) + 0.5 (growth) * 30 (total variable level-ups) = 23. Your Ike is more or less exactly average in this respect.

Assuming I did my math correctly, about 42.8% of possible level 12/20 Ikes will have less than 23 strength, another 42.8% of level 12/20 Ikes will have more than 23 strength, and the remaining 14.4% of level 12/20 Ikes will have exactly 23 strength, with an average strength score over the field of possible level 12/20 Ikes of 22.99. There's about a 2% chance that a level 12/20 Ike would have capped strength (assuming cap of 20 pre-promotion and 29 post-promotion).
    This is correct, but the reason why I'm a LITTLE nervous about his str is because in the early game he barely had any, and because of reasons you'll see in like two videos. Suffice to say, for numerous reasons, Ike having low Str is actually REALLY bad for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    The girl who failed you!
    Yup! She did what she had to but sadly couldn't become good enough. At least she got to play with my golf sword.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Firbolg in the Playground

Now that we're nearing end-game and you are sitting on a mountain of money can we craft another stupidly expensive ridiculous weapon for someone to use? Can you make custom light magic tomes for Rhys?
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

19. - Top - End - #439

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    Now that we're nearing end-game and you are sitting on a mountain of money can we craft another stupidly expensive ridiculous weapon for someone to use? Can you make custom light magic tomes for Rhys?
    Actually something similar.

If we're at the end game, shouldn't you be using more bonus EXP, not less?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

20. - Top - End - #440

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    This is definitely something I'm going to do starting next video I record. If you're curious, you can make Silver weapons of every physical weapon, but only the base magic for each magic type. Also, it occurs to me that I ONLY HAVE TWO MAPS LEFT, and since you can only forge once per chapter...oops! I guess we'll only receive two super special weapons. Sorry about that!

I'm definitely going to give Rhys one, so please tell me who is deserving of a badass new weapon!

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Actually something similar.

If we're at the end game, shouldn't you be using more bonus EXP, not less?
    I sort of intend to use it all in one big hyper burst of EXP. I'm saving it NOW so I don't get into a situation where my entire time is all leveled up to 20/20 and combat becomes less interesting because there's no more growth.

Speaking of "the end" tomorrow I'm going to my Dad's house to watch it until like the end of February or so. I'll try and record all of the remaining episodes so that I continue, but if I CANNOT, Fire Emblem will be taking a Hiatus on February first. I'll be playing a shorter game to compensate, and I'm pretty sure it'll have it's own thread so I hope to see you guys there?
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2017-01-21 at 12:56 AM.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

On 29:
    on the title: Maybe they're going for irony?

and hm.....I don't think its actually possible to go through this map without a rock rolling down and damaging one of your guys.

and man darn you language barriers! but then again, what would've really changed if Leanne COULD speak more than one language and warn him in time? its the Black Knight, he would've probably pwn'd the guy anyways.

I like how Ike keeps getting mistaken for the messenger boy instead of the general. I'm going to headcanon that Ike left Largo out of the battle out of petty spite for doing so.

not much else to say.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

22. - Top - End - #442

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    On 29:
    on the title: Maybe they're going for irony?

and hm.....I don't think its actually possible to go through this map without a rock rolling down and damaging one of your guys.

and man darn you language barriers! but then again, what would've really changed if Leanne COULD speak more than one language and warn him in time? its the Black Knight, he would've probably pwn'd the guy anyways.

I like how Ike keeps getting mistaken for the messenger boy instead of the general. I'm going to headcanon that Ike left Largo out of the battle out of petty spite for doing so.

not much else to say.
    All it would of accomplished is allowing the poor bird to see who killed him. Not a pretty fate.

23. - Top - End - #443

All it would of accomplished is allowing the poor bird to see who killed him. Not a pretty fate.
    Oscar deserves the best weapon.

Also I got the impression the guard was wounded, not outright killed.

24. - Top - End - #444

Oh that reminds me! A very important question!

What is your favorite animal?

Your options are bird, crime bird, and kitty. This is an important poll.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Firbolg in the Playground

My vote for super special weapon is Boyd, I want to see a legendary axe of legendary proportions.

As for favorite animal, I'm not much of a cat person, and am of the more lawful type of alignment (of some variety)... so Bird it is.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

26. - Top - End - #446
    Troll in the Playground

I'm gonna squeak in juuuuust under the wire. (My time that is. It's probably tomorrow by the time I finish this, in Futurezone over east. )

Post-watching addendum: Yeeep. Just barely same day. Here.

Spoiler: Episode 29
    Show

Unit Class First Ep Dmg Dealt Dmg Taken Ratio # Defeated Tally
    Ike Lord 1 2455 564 4.35 79
    Spoiler
    Show
    Boyd (Fighter, Tutorial)
    Greil (Hero, Tutorial)
    Zawana (Bandit)
    Ikanau (Bandit)
    Maijin (Knight)
    Shinon (Sniper)
    Kayachey (Sage)
    Ena (Red Dragon)
    Petrine (Paladin)
    Archer x6
    Bandit x3
    Bishop x2
    Bow Knight x1
    Cat x2
    Fighter x8
    Halberdier x2
    Knight x6
    Lance Knight x1
    Mage x1
    Myrmidon x12
    Paladin x1
    Priest x1
    Raven x4
    Sage x3
    Sniper x1
    Soldier x10
    Sword Knight x2
    Swordmaster x3
    Tiger x3
    Warrior x2
    Boyd Warrior 2 1651 473 3.49 54
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kotaff (Halberdier)
    Danomill (General)
    Muarim (Beast Tribe)
    Archer x4
    Axe Knight x1
    Bandit x3
    Bishop x1
    Bow Knight x2
    Cat x2
    Fighter x5
    Halberdier x1
    Knight x6
    Lance Knight x2
    Mage x3
    Myrmidon x6
    Paladin x1
    Raven x1
    Sniper x1
    Soldier x8
    Swordmaster x2
    Tiger x2
    Warrior x1
    Wyvern Rider x1
    Oscar Paladin 2 2358 406 5.81 63
    Spoiler
    Show
    Balmer (Sage)
    Gashilama (Berserker)
    Kasati (General)
    Rikard (Paladin)
    Archer x6
    Axe Knight x1
    Bandit x3
    Fighter x3
    Halberdier x2
    Knight x4
    Lance Knight x5
    Mage x5
    Myrmidon x6
    Paladin x2
    Priest x1
    Raven x2
    Sage x1
    Sniper x1
    Soldier x10
    Sword Knight x1
    Thief x1
    Warrior x3
    Wyvern Rider x3
    Titania Paladin 2 954 124 7.69 31
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mackoya (Paladin)
    Archer x2
    Axe Knight x2
    Fighter x1
    Knight x1
    Lance Knight x6
    Mage x2
    Myrmidon x2
    Soldier x14
    Sword Knight x2
    Rhys Bishop 3 658 (1489) 254 2.59 (5.86) 17
    Spoiler
    Show
    Schaeffer (Warrior)
    Archer x1
    Cat x1
    Halberdier x2
    Mage x1
    Myrmidon x2
    Sage x1
    Sniper x1
    Soldier x1
    Sword Knight x1
    Warrior x1
    Wyvern Rider x4
    Shinon Sniper 4 173 25 6.92 11
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dakova (Knight)
    Archer x3
    Bandit x3
    Lance Knight x1
    Myrmidon x 1
    Soldier x2
    Gatrie General 4 1345 188 7.15 36
    Spoiler
    Show
    Havetti (Bandit)
    Norris (Sniper)
    Archer x4
    Bandit x3
    Fighter x3
    Halberdier x1
    Knight x4
    Lance Knight x6
    Mage x2
    Myrmidon x6
    Soldier x11
    Soren Sage 5 888 (109) 66 13.45 (1.65) 39
    Spoiler
    Show
    Emil (Halberdier)
    Homasa (Swordmaster)
    Bandit x1
    Bow Knight x1
    Fighter x1
    Halberdier x2
    Hawk x1
    Knight x5
    Lance Knight x2
    Mage x1
    Myrmidon x3
    Raven x3
    Soldier x10
    Sword Knight x2
    Tiger x1
    Warrior x2
    Wyvern Rider x2
    Mia Myrmidon 8 241 73 3.3 7
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bandit x2
    Fighter x1
    Mage x2
    Myrmidon x1
    Soldier x1
    Ilyana Sage 9 754 (24) 36 20.94 (0.67) 35
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nedata (Bandit)
    Seeker (Beast Tribe)
    Archer x1
    Beast Tribe x1
    Bow Knight x1
    Cat x1
    Fighter x4
    Halberdier x2
    Knight x3
    Lance Knight x3
    Mage x2
    Myrmidon x5
    Raven x2
    Soldier x5
    Swordmaster x1
    Thief x1
    Tiger x1
    Warrior x1
    Mist Valkyrie 10 326 (1431) 122 2.67 (11.73) 9
    Spoiler
    Show
    Archer x1
    Fighter x1
    Myrmidon x2
    Priest x1
    Sage x1
    Thief x1
    Warrior x1
    Wyvern Rider x1
    Rolf Archer 10 28 0 -- 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mage x1
    Myrmidon x1
    Marcia Falcon Knight 10 1705 334 5.10 55
    Spoiler
    Show
    Archer x3
    Bandit x1
    Bird Tribe x1
    Bishop x1
    Fighter x1
    Halberdier x4
    Hawk x1
    Knight x1
    Lance Knight x6
    Mage x7
    Myrmidon x9
    Paladin x1
    Raven x1
    Sage x2
    Sniper x4
    Soldier x8
    Swordmaster x1
    Thief x1
    Tiger x1
    Wyvern Rider x1
    Volke Assassin 11 325 97 3.35 16
    Spoiler
    Show
    Archer x2
    Beast Tribe x1
    Bow Knight x1
    Cat x1
    Fighter x2
    Knight x1
    Mage x2
    Myrmidon x1
    Priest x2
    Sage x1
    Soldier x1
    Wyvern Rider x1
    Lethe Beast Tribe 11 111 16 6.94 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bird Tribe x1
    Mage x1
    Myrmidon x1
    Soldier x1
    Mordecai Beast Tribe 11 51 5 10.2 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Knight x1
    Soldier x1
    Nephenee Halberdier 12 1390 127 10.94 52
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kimaarsi (General)
    Archer x5
    Axe Knight x1
    Bishop x1
    Bow Knight x2
    Halberdier x3
    Knight x2
    Lance Knight x3
    Mage x6
    Myrmidon x9
    Priest x4
    Raven x2
    Sage x1
    Sniper x3
    Soldier x6
    Swordmaster x2
    Warrior x2
    Brom Knight 12 35 26 1.35 0
    Spoiler
    Show
    --
    Kieran Paladin 12 682 137 4.98 21
    Spoiler
    Show
    Archer x2
    General x1
    Halberdier x3
    Knight x2
    Lance Knight x3
    Mage x1
    Myrmidon x1
    Sniper x1
    Soldier x5
    Sword Knight x1
    Thief x1
    Zihark Swordmaster 12 1348 170 7.93 44
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gromell (Wyvern Lord)
    Archer x5
    Bandit x1
    Beast Tribe x1
    Bishop x1
    Cat x2
    Fighter x7
    Knight x3
    Lance Knight x1
    Mage x3
    Myrmidon x6
    Paladin x1
    Priest x1
    Raven x1
    Sage x1
    Soldier x3
    Tiger x1
    Warrior x4
    Wyvern Rider x1
    Sothe Thief 13 0 0 -- 0
    Spoiler
    Show
    --
    Jill Wyvern Lord 13 1675 470 3.56 46
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Jeff" (Wyvern Knight)
    Shiharam (Wyvern Lord)
    Archer x4
    Bishop x2
    Cat x2
    Fighter x2
    Knight x2
    Lance Knight x4
    Mage x4
    Myrmidon x4
    Paladin x2
    Raven x3
    Sage x3
    Sniper x1
    Soldier x2
    Swordmaster x1
    Thief x1
    Warrior x3
    Wyvern Lord x1
    Wyvern Rider x5
    Astrid Paladin 14 319 8 39.88 22
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oliver (Bishop)
    Archer x3
    Axe Knight x1
    Bandit x1
    Bow Knight x1
    Fighter x2
    Lance Knight x2
    Mage x3
    Myrmidon x2
    Pegasus Knight x1
    Priest x2
    Soldier x3
    Wyvern Rider
    Makalov Sword Knight 15 23 0 -- 0
    Spoiler
    Show
    --
    Stefan Swordmaster 16 90 18 5 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fighter x1
    Soldier x2
    Tormod Mage 17 26 18 1.44 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Archer x1
    Myrmidon x1
    Muarim Beast Tribe 17 130 2 65 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    Door x1
    Mage x1
    Myrmidon x1
    Devdan Halberdier 17 223 28 7.96 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    Door x1
    Mage x1
    Soldier x2
    Tanith Falcon Knight 22 69 0 -- 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wyvern Rider x1
    Reyson Bird Tribe 22 0 (36) 21 1.71 0
    Spoiler
    Show
    --
    Janaff Bird Tribe 22 50 0 -- 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lance Knight x1
    Wyvern Rider x1
    Ulki Bird Tribe 22 65 50 1.3 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Archer x1
    Wyvern Rider x1
    Calill Sage 24 487 43 11.33 14
    Spoiler
    Show
    Archer x1
    Berserker x1
    Fighter x1
    Myrmidon x1
    Paladin x1
    Tiger x1
    Warrior x2
    Wyvern Rider x6
    Tauroneo General 25 17 1 17 0
    Spoiler
    Show
    --
    Ranulf Beast Tribe 27 41 0 -- 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Axe Knight x1
    Sword Knight x1
    Haar Wyvern Lord 27 36 1 36 1
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wyvern Rider x1
    Bastian Sage 28 49 10 4.9 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wyvern Rider x2
    Lucia Swordmaster 28 56 29 1.93 0
    Spoiler
    Show
    --
    Largo Berserker 29 0 0 -- 0
    Spoiler
    Show
    --

Volke Success/Fails: 0/6 (+0/+2 this episode.)

And numbers go down! Mostly enemies'.

...I don't think talking louder helps, man.

So... she strikes first and basically always doubles? Sounds good.

We're gonna get through the whole song, aren't we?

Maybe Ike'd stay awake longer if you talked shorter, Mr. Shakespeare.

...funny, I was going to comment last episode on how it seemed like we diddn't get Bandits/Berserkers.

Huh. Bringing Titania for the first time since... episode 12. Hope you had a good fifteen battle wait on the bench.

Oh. Or not. I guess she was just there for exposition. Poor Titania.

Hmmm... Light siege tome, you say?
    Spoiler
    Show

*Indiana Jones musi-* oh, never mind. Those Daeins are just standing there.

Huh. Well, apparently all you need to do to stop those boulders is erase those little lines on the ground. Who knew?

That boulder seemed to go faster after it hit Volke. Guess he threatened to kill its entire family if it didn't get away. Of course, that's going to happen anyways, but...

By the way, can the boulders hit flyers?

...apparently yes. Fly higher, Marcia!

Oscar sure likes being fancy. Oh well, at least he healed something, this time.

So, I've been wondering... do we ever learn the deal behind the Feral Ones, or do we just need to infer stuff about them?

And, Zihark joins the "I killed a named Character and all I got was their name on a list" club.

Well, good thing you've got, like, a half-dozen units that aren't on that earth. Marcia, Jill, Tanith, Janaff, Ulki, and Reyson.

Fortune favours the inattentive bold!

As does leveling!

*Soren and Mist heal each other* "Yay, back to full health." *boulder falls* "Well, back to square 1 again."

Yeesh. 24 damage from a ballista for Jill. I can see why you don't like them targeting her.

...Geez, Zodi, I know the Covenant have nice capital ships and all, but did Rhys really have to commandeer one?

Neph vs Halberdier? No contest. Clearly Daein should have trained its Soldiers a little better.

You really need to get Tibarn to teach you multistrike.

I'm definitely going to give Rhys one, so please tell me who is deserving of a badass new weapon!
    I vote for Neph. Even though she doesn't actually need it, from what I've seen. But, gotta show those Daein-boys what a soldier (well, Halberdier) can do.
    (As an aside, she is currently ranked third in damage taken:received ratio. The only ones scoring above her on your current roster are Soren and Callil, both of whom... tend to not be in the way of getting whacked with metal implements. So, have a naturally higher score. But, of all of your frontline fighters, she has a score three points higher than anyone else, and an effectiveness score roughly double anyone else. And that's only going to go up, because the last time she was hit was four episodes ago. )

Such a shame you didn't make Hell Mic, though.
    Last edited by DataNinja; 2017-01-21 at 02:37 AM.

27. - Top - End - #447

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    I'm gonna squeak in juuuuust under the wire. (My time that is. It's probably tomorrow by the time I finish this, in Futurezone over east. )

Volke Success/Fails: 0/6 (+0/+2 this episode.)

Hmmm... Light siege tome, you say?
    Spoiler
    Show

So, I've been wondering... do we ever learn the deal behind the Feral Ones, or do we just need to infer stuff about them?

I vote for Neph. Even though she doesn't actually need it, from what I've seen. But, gotta show those Daein-boys what a soldier (well, Halberdier) can do.
    (As an aside, she is currently ranked third in damage taken:received ratio. The only ones scoring above her on your current roster are Soren and Callil, both of whom... tend to not be in the way of getting whacked with metal implements. So, have a naturally higher score. But, of all of your frontline fighters, she has a score three points higher than anyone else, and an effectiveness score roughly double anyone else. And that's only going to go up, because the last time she was hit was four episodes ago. )

Such a shame you didn't make Hell Mic, though.
    There is a non zero chance that we'll end this game without Volke triggering Lethality and this actually annoys me. It's a 50% chance it should hit like twice per map!

That image is so accurate considering.

We learn the deal with the Feral Ones in TWO MISSIONS. We end the game IN THREE MISSIONS. The game's kinda silly in that regard.

The fun fact is that if we make a badass lance for Neph, Oscar can use it too. Also...who says I won't be making Hell Mic depending on what wins. A lance IS a mic kickstand, after all.

28. - Top - End - #448

What, more Fire Emblem? That's unpossible!

Zodi Plays: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance [30] Dracula Fight

Video Length: 48:42

With the Laguz forces adding to our own, the army is now as full fledged as it's really going to get. We are now, officially, the Crimean liberation army.And it's time for one of the biggest, bloodiest battles in the war. There are two vital forts on the way to Crimea, one heavily defended by Daein, and the other lightly defended by a small contingent of mercenaries. And for once in Fire Emblem history, it's our job to fight the larger one. We get NINETEEN slots for deployment on this one, which means I'll be dipping into Elincia's retainers for this one. But the force we're fighting is just as large, around 35 enemies all told. It'll be a long, difficult fight, but with luck we'll be able to push our way through.

However, Ike won't be fighting alone. Elincia herself has suited up and is ready for combat! This is now a true Fire Emblem game, the runaway lord taking to the fight with a legendary sword in hand. Elincia is basically a flying Mist, capable of healing with staves while also bringing down the hurt with her sword. However, her physical strength isn't very high...though she can level up pretty fast, and her growth's aren't that bad. Her unit locked sword is Amiti, a Brave Sword with infinite uses that's just for her. It's actually really useful and cool.

The boss we have to face in today's battle is one of the Four Riders. Bertram, the dark paladin. This mysterious man is believed to be a cursed soul in a suit of armour. Some even say he's a zombie! I really wanted to have Elincia kill him, but alas it was not to be. Judging from his quotes, it appears the rumours of his origins are true. We strike him down, obtaining his Dracula sword in the process, the Runesword. Sadly, while mist DOES gain the use of her sonic sword here, she won't be able to get access to the Runesword. There's not enough people to kill for her to do it. But yeah, that's basically the end of it. The map is huge but simple, and we just cut a bloody arc through it working our way to the fort castle proper. He kill Bert, and take the gate.

Hope you all enjoyed, I'll see you guys next time. Next video, I play around a little with my editing to make things a bit more cinematic. I hope you all enjoy it. For you see...next time is the Moment of Fate. It's finally time.

------

Meanwhile hey, Support convos and stuff! In this one, we see the final support Neph has with Calill, and it's actually pretty cool. Let's talk about it, and then talk about Neph's other supports, to further prove my point about Ilyana.

Spoiler: Neph and Calill - The Pauper and the Princess
    Show
    This is actually a really cool support that gives a lot of characterization to Calill, and quite a bit to Nephenee as well. Calill, perhaps projecting a little, see's Neph and her folksy ways, and wants to help doll her up for the city life. Neph is embarrassed and nervous, but she does go through with it, appreciating it and wanting to be like that, just unsure if she can be. At the end, Neph offers Calill a delightful farmland treat in thanks, and Calill deftly opens it with all the practice of a so called "country bumpkin" revealing that she herself was once a country girl as well, and look at her now. It's actually a really sweet bonding moment.

Spoiler: Neph and Brom - We're a Little Bit Country
    Show
    C Support

Brom: Well, howdy, Nephenee! Isn’t it a beautiful day?
    Nephenee: Mmm-hmm. It sure is!
    Brom: I bet your hometown is real busy now, what with harvest season approaching and all.
    Nephenee: Yeah, I bet. I’m sure my brothers and sisters are grumblin’ at Ma for making them help in the fields.
    Brom: Ho ho! All kids ever want to do is play. I should know! Say, how many people are in your family, Nephenee?
    Nephenee: I have two younger sisters and three younger brothers. The boys are triplets. They just turned six years old.
    Brom: That’s too much for your mom to handle all on her own!
    Nephenee: Yep, I’m sure Ma chews ’em out every day. What about you, Brom?
    Brom: My kids are a little older. I hope they’re helping Mother like they’re supposed to…
    Nephenee: Don’t worry ’bout it, Brom. I’m sure they are.

B Support

Brom: Where are those barracks anyway?
    Nephenee: Hmm… I’m not sure.
    Brom: How do these guys know where to go without getting lost? Moving from one camp to the next every day, never resting, bad food… Oh, it’s got me all worked up!
    Nephenee: It’s a war. There ain’t nothin’ you can do. We just have to get used to it.
    Brom: I guess you’re right. You and I were strangers to war before.
    Nephenee: I know. That’s why I don’t quite understand what passes for normal around here.
    Brom: I tell ya, it sure was tough when I first volunteered! For one thing, we militiamen are nothing but a bunch of farmers and villagers. We had courage and determination to spare, but we sure lacked talent!
    Nephenee: I know what ya mean, Brom! There weren’t even enough gear for us! They gave me a bow and told me to share it with another gal. But neither one of us knew how to use it, anyhow.
    Brom: Yup! I hear you well! The war broke out so suddenly, the only decent training we got was how to stand for roll call! Every time we marched, people got lost or strayed or fled. We were losing soldiers before we even saw the enemy. That’s why I don’t feel bad about being taken prisoner… But this army is real good compared to my last one!
    Nephenee: Well, what did you expect? We’re in a real army now. Horsefeathers! Where are those barracks?
    Brom: Oh, enough walking! My feet hurt! And my back is sore. Let’s just ask someone.
    Nephenee: A-ask someone? Um… Fine. You do it!
    Brom: What? What’s wrong?
    Nephenee: I… I’m not used to talkin’ with city folk.
    Brom: What are you afraid of? Just talk like you always do.
    Nephenee: Oh no! I-I’m a country girl! They’ll all set to laughin’…

A Support

Brom: Howdy, Nephenee.
    Nephenee: Well, hello there, Brom.
    Brom: I was just talking to one of those younger fellas. He said you don’t talk much to other people.
    Nephenee: Th-that’s because I’m a country girl and… I’m embarrassed.
    Brom: What are you embarrassed about? There’s nothing wrong with country!
    Nephenee: You know I have a heavy accent! They’ll make fun of me. I can’t talk well like you, Brom.
    Brom: Oh, that’s cow plop and you know it! Everyone in this army is so danged nice! They wouldn’t ever laugh at you! Don’t be so uptight. Just pretend you’re back in your own village.
    Nephenee: …
    Brom: You smile whenever we talk, right? Aw, you have a beautiful smile. It’s a shame that you hide it. Come on, try smiling now.
    Nephenee: Um…all… All right.
    Brom: Come on now, smile… Smiiiiile…
    Nephenee: Aw, Brom! It’s embarrassing. Like…like this?
    Brom: That’s right! That’s it! Yee haw! That’s the smile I want to see. You’re a good-looking girl, Nephenee! The young fellas in the company won’t leave you alone if you keep doing that! Say, why don’t you find a nice guy here and take him back to the village!
    Nephenee: S-stop Brom! I’m embarrassed!

In this one, we see that Neph and Brom, while not from the same village, do clearly know each other due to their work as militiamen for Crimrea. We get some insight into both of their daily lives before the war, and then we get some fun, maybe even funny, insights about life as draft soldiers before they got sent to the prison. It ends with Brom trying to encourage Neph to talk to people more, which is sort of what Calill is doing as well, but it comes across it in a completely different way, and is focused more on how she shouldn't be shy, not that she needs to change herself to feel more comfortable talking to others. It actually feels like a nice friendship.

Spoiler: Neph and Devdan - Devdan Will Help
    Show
    C Support

Devdan: Yoo-hoo! Hey there, little one! Devdan has something to tell you.
    Nephenee: What…is it?
    Devdan: Devdan thinks that you look angry. Why are you always scowling? Small children will start to cry!
    Nephenee: You…think so?
    Devdan: It’s frightening to look at you! You had better start to smile more… or else! Being too serious is a bad business. Keep it up and your life will end much sooner than you like!
    Nephenee: Um…you’re scaring me.
    Devdan: Is that right? Hmm… What’s your name?
    Nephenee: Nephenee…
    Devdan: Well then, Devdan will now teach Nephenee how to laugh. Don’t be shy! It will be fun!
    Nephenee: All…right… Please don’t hurt me.

B Support

Devdan: I have something to tell you, Nephenee.
    Nephenee: AAAAH! Um…y-yes, Devdan?
    Devdan: You have that stern look again… You had better start to smile more… Or else! Remember what Devdan taught you the other day? You can laugh for no reason at all!
    Nephenee: I’m trying! I promise! I really am… See? Um… Heh heh…
    Devdan: Trying? Oh, little one! All you have to do is to laugh like Devdan. Like this! Mua ha har hee ho hee hoo!
    Nephenee: Well, it’s…it’s hard to laugh when you’re sad…and…terribly frightened.
    Devdan: Nephenee always says things like that. Talking in such a quiet voice. It makes Devdan sad…and upset!
    Nephenee: Eep!
    Devdan: But more sad. Devdan once visited a village that was home to a girl like you. She was so good to poor Devdan… But one day, bandits came to the village…and they killed her.
    Nephenee: T-that’s terrible!
    Devdan: She took herself too seriously. She should have stayed hidden with everyone else. Instead, she came out from hiding while Devdan was fighting the bandits. She thought she had to do something herself… That’s why Devdan wants you to talk more, and smile more, too! One day…poof! It could be too late for poor Nephenee!
    Nephenee: Um…C-Commander Ike! Titania? Anyone…?

A Support

Nephenee: Um… Hello, D-Devdan.
    Devdan: Mua ha har hee ho hee hoo! Nephenee never says hello first. That makes Devdan happy!
    Nephenee: I’m smiling! See! So…happy… Smiling…so…hard…
    Devdan: It is hard for Devdan to hear Nephenee say such things…
    Nephenee: I-I’m sorry–
    Devdan: Devdan loves to see people smile! That’s why Devdan smiles, too. But seeing a pained smile is sad. You try to smile because Devdan asked you to, but you are still full of sorrow. It reminds Devdan of the dead child that you heard about the other day… The poor, dead child… Devdan is sorry, Nephenee. Let us speak no more of it. I will get…upset.
    Nephenee: U-upset? D-don’t do that, Devdan!
    Devdan: Mmmmm…
    Nephenee: Maybe I’ve been…uh…too negative! If I think positive, I’ll smile a lot. Like you! See?!
    Devdan: Of course you will! A smile helps you and your friends! Can you smile wider? Here, Devdan will help!
    Nephenee: Ah! Wait! No! Look, I got it! Smile, Nephenee… Smile big… Smile and back away…

This one is weird, but that's more because it's attached to Devdan, who is himself quite an oddity...though that being said, this one gives some insight into Neph (mostly that she actually looks fairly intimidating, due to no fault of her own). This support is more about Devdan, but it does touch on Nephenee's concerns about being in such a big, scary war. Devdan tries his best to help, but he can't really do it properly. Devdan is an interesting character because it's pretty clear, especially from this support, that he's a man who's just seen a LOT of violence, and is trying to put it behind him, to the point of even giving up his real name and becoming Devdan. It's touching...if a little weird because Devdan's presented in such an odd way, but it's not bad.

And that's all her supports. Despite this, a character who's character trait was literally NOTHING, has gotten quite a lot of characterization. She's a shy country girl with a big family. She's scared about fighting in the war, but want's to do her best to help. She wishes she could talk to people better, especially city folk, who she's worried about insulting with her country ways. Her friends help her in different ways, Calill teaching her how to present yourself like a city person, Brom telling her about how strong she is on the inside, and Devdan...hooking his thumbs into her mouth and trying to help widen her smile. Look, sometimes we need a comedic moment or too in a brutal war. This is FAR better than Ilyana's unending quest for More Food. I bring all this up because...Supports are one of the single most important factors of this game. Each character only gets five, and by virtue of how this works, it's FAR less a number than you'd think, since by their very nature, a unit who hits five support convos means another two units, at minimum, have hit 3 and 2 convos respectively. They're a very important part of the game's story that is, unfortunately, heavily locked up behind walls of convolution in service of game balance, because support bonuses are actually a huge deal. I feel the more modern Fire Emblem games do it better in allowing you to have an infinite number of supports. This carries it's own problems, mostly in that making three paragraph's worth of conversations for every unit pair in the game can lead to some shallow characterization, threatening to turn everyone into a minor Ilyana, but that's something that can be worked on.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

This one is weird, but that's more because it's attached to Devdan, who is himself quite an oddity...though that being said, this one gives some insight into Neph (mostly that she actually looks fairly intimidating, due to no fault of her own). This support is more about Devdan, but it does touch on Nephenee's concerns about being in such a big, scary war. Devdan tries his best to help, but he can't really do it properly. Devdan is an interesting character because it's pretty clear, especially from this support, that he's a man who's just seen a LOT of violence, and is trying to put it behind him, to the point of even giving up his real name and becoming Devdan. It's touching...if a little weird because Devdan's presented in such an odd way, but it's not bad.
    That insight only really applies if you assume Devdan is a reliable source. I'm not willing to make that assumption.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

30. - Top - End - #450

Eh, Ike's interview of him after the Oliver mission makes it pretty clear to me that Devdan is someone who may or may of broken mentally due to the pressure and horrors of war. Maybe it's an intentional distancing, maybe he's actually broken and sometimes dips back into sanity long enough to give some heavy words of wisdom.

Point is, we never find out what the deal is, so it's fun to speculate.