New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Build Review (Mageslayer)

I'm looking for a review of my mageslayer build for a PbP game on GitP. Character Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=970802 PbP Game: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-hunting-(3-5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Imagine how many problems you can solve, how many ways you can help your friends, when not constrained by paltry morality! Imagine how much good you can achieve when you're willing to go to any length to achieve it! Imagine the monsters you can slay when you are the greatest monster of them all!
    Company Website: http://lernaeanstudio.com
    PF 3pp Subreddit I Mod: r/Pathfinder3pp

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Build Review (Mageslayer)

I'm not totally sure what you are trying to do with this build, so I'll just assume it's supposed to be a level 21 magekiller, as per the character name and level. It's... not a very good magekiller.

You have Reaping Mauler, more than two levels of monk, no casting, and (as far as I can tell) no mind blank or similar. You're not a magekiller, or even much of a killer, to be honest. You have several feats you don't need: Improved Toughness, Iron Will, Improved Initiative, Improved Grapple (which you should get from Reaping Mauler, but you don't actually qualify, so...), and four two-weapon fighting feats (which don't work with grappling).

I would suggest adding some build elements that allow you to counter and fight magic, such as the Mage Slayer and Pierce Magical Protection feats, the ability to cast greater dispel magic, and a cowl of warding.
    Spoiler: Collectible nice things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Faily View Post
    Read ExLibrisMortis' post...

WHY IS THERE NO LIKE BUTTON?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Libris: look at your allowed sources. I don't think any of your options were from those.
    My incarnate/crusader. A self-healing crowd-control melee build (ECL 8).
    My Ruby Knight Vindicator barsader. A party-buffing melee build (ECL 14).
    Doctor Despair's and my all-natural approach to necromancy.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Build Review (Mageslayer)

See that ring of freedom of movement you're wearing? The wizard gets one and they're pretty much immune to you. You're level 21 which means you have epic abilities to contend with, and this guy isn't a contender.

You'd honestly have better luck killing mages with an arcane archer that shoots antimagic fields at people.