New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Battletech (computer game) 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Norren View Post
    Doesn't one variant of the Locust have a single SRM-6, split between two arms? I'm pretty sure the unseen art shows 3 missiles/arm.
    Nope. The unseen art (which has been retconned) had tri-barrel machine guns in each arm. There is a variant with two SRM-2 packs (one per arm).

The proper Locusts image is now:

http://masterunitlist.info/Image/Ren...ocust-silo.png

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

There are a *lot* of Locust variations. The one that I believe is the base version, the -1S, has a medium laser and 2-SRM2s, one in each arm. Actually they replace the arms, it has no lower arm actuators or hands. Speed is 8/12, it has 48 armor (ie 3 tons), and one hit of 10 points would take off any limb or leave the torso with 1 or 2 internal structure left.

If you don't have it, I recommend downloading the Solaris Skunk Werks program, runs in java and it is the best builder I've seen. Also has a full list of all canon designs (well they can be downloaded separately from the same place).

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Unless it was retconned (or I'm just wrong), I believe the "original" Locust is the 1V.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

That is the -1V, with a medium laser and two machine guns. The -1S is a Steiner variant.