New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: IC [4] Warriors of Blackvale

Raka

Raka flinched slightly at the assault on Hal, but she couldn't dwell on that. No matter what happened to Hal... Ragebear must not be summoned. Which meant that the necromancer must fall. Flying as qucily as she could, Raka approached the Lich and swung her scimitar hard, charging it with lightning as she did.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Intensified Shocking Grasp go!

(d20+17)[31]
    (d6+7)[11]

(10d6)[32]

[
    Avatar of Lukas Stormlord the Paladin done by the Lovely Ceika!

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

The Lich turns his back to the paladin and the magus. He looks up at the approaching ship and openly states, "They are coming. Interesting. I thought you would have taken care of them by now. I was foolish to begin the ritual here. It drew too much attention."

The female cleric behind the two adventurers looks up as well, "Can he be summoned before they arrive?"

"No. We will be forced to deal with both the Heroes and the... Romnid."

"Is she aboard the ship? The Great Deceiver?"

"I can taste her salty flesh upon the wind. She is there. On the ship. Baavesi. The Great Betrayer... My wife."

"Damn. We do not have enough souls to support the ritual if the Romnid attack. We must delay them!"

"Agreed. Use the feather we acquired from that Dark Paladin. Travel to the ship. Do what you can..."

In a poof of smoke, the naked female cleric that was standing next to the two adventurers suddenly disappears.

The Lich turns around and looks Lilya in the eye. His features are decrepit and weary, partially crumbling. He is old. Very old. His voice is higher pitched than you would have otherwise imagined but it is tinged with an otherworldly refrain. "We have a mutual enemy it seems. I propose we delay our battle and deal with the Romnid. If you do not, they will kill every beastfolk at this ruin. Their deaths will be on your conscious. Will Almahara forgive you for letting so many innocents die? I think not but... Then again, I have not been a Cleric in many, many centuries."

Meanwhile the Worm turns his attention to the cyclops. With a great slithery stride, the wurm lunges upwards attempts to bite the one-eyed areal creature!

Spoiler
    Show
    Melee bite (1d20+20)[37]// (4d8+22)[42] plus grab: (1d20+32)[45]
    DMing:
    ❶ AGAINST THE GIANTS: IC | OOC

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ettin in the Playground

Lilyanna

Cannot protect everyone. Focus on what is important. Prevent the rise of Rage-Bear. Lilyanna gritted her teeth at the lich's taunt and shifted her grip on the pickaxe before bringing it down in a two-handed blow once, twice, three times in her attempt to exorcise the spirit from the undead frame. As she did so, Jasper reared up and slashed at the necromancer with bite and talons. "We all choose our own path."

Show
    Full attack vs Lich.

Furious Focus Power Attack 1: (1d20+24)[31]
    Last Hermean Potential roll: (1d20+24)[44]
    Damage: (1d8+29)[33]
    Confirm: (1d20+24)[28]
    Damage: (3d8+87)[98]

Haste Attack: (1d20+21)[39]
    Damage: (1d8+29)[36]
    Confirm: (1d20+24)[25]
    Damage: (3d8+87)[105]

Attack 3: (1d20+16)[20]
    Damage: (1d8+29)[33]
    Confirm: (1d20+24)[31]
    Damage: (3d8+87)[97]

Jasper full attack vs Necromancer.
    Bite: (1d20+13)[30]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[10]
    Confirm: (1d20+13)[27]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[12]

Haste bite: (1d20+13)[27]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[8]
    Confirm: (1d20+13)[14]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[10]

Talon 1: (1d20+11)[29]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[9]
    Crit Confirm: (1d20+11)[16]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[11]

Talon 2: (1d20+11)[26]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[8]
    Crit Confirm: (1d20+11)[17]
    Damage: (1d6+6)[12]
    Many thanks to Ceika for the Custom Avatar!

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

Lilya strikes the Lich down. As the Lich dies, his body turns to dust, leaving only a black robe behind. The worm seems to not be phased by its master's death.
    DMing:

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Anise

Anise looks at Halbrecht, relief visible on her face. "Whew. I hate having to do that. You okay?"
    She points her finger at the cavalier and his wounds visibly heal, the bitemarks disappearing. "Don't do that again, okay?" She doesn't move from her position as there's not much more for her to do in the fight.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Using healing hex on Halbrecht as a standard action.
    Halbrecht heals (2d8+10)[22] hp.
    Characters in play:

6. - Top - End - #516
    Firbolg in the Playground

Halbrecht

Breathing a sigh of relief, and giving a mix between a joyful laugh and a sob, Halbrecht looked to Anise as she mended his wounds.

"Believe me, I'm trying. After we finish this mission up? I am definitely considering the merits of armchair generalling."

Meanwhile, over near the worm...

Starman

Starman's heart went back into his chest as Halbrecht appeared with Anise behind a building, out of the line of fire, and he turned his attention back to the undead worm.

"This ends now!"

Show
    I will reserve Suntalon's actions until I determine whether or not the worm has fallen.

Attack 1: (1d20+16)[28]
    Damage: (1d8+14)[15]

Haste: (1d20+16)[30]
    Damage: (1d8+14)[22]

Rapid Shot: (1d20+16)[18]
    Damage: (1d8+14)[19]

Attack 2: (1d20+11)[20]
    Damage: (1d8+14)[20]

And the worm fell...
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2017-07-12 at 08:12 PM.
    Everything dissolves into blue.

7. - Top - End - #517

Halbrecht

...and the rest of those present stood still, as if in a daze.

Now somewhat healed, if not entirely, Halbrecht hurried over toward the others.

"So... we won, right?"

8. - Top - End - #518
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fare

As both the lich and the worm fall, Fare readies herself for the assembled beastfolks' reactions. In vain, as it turns out.

Not sure if this is better or worse.

She takes one last look at the airship barrelling closer, then descends from her vantage point to where Halbrecht and some of the others stood "Rrraj?" She looks around for the gnoll. "Would you--anyone, actually, happen to know what's going on with everyone here? The beastfolk..." Fare frowns, then turns to Hal. "And there's still that airship coming in pretty quickly. The lich didn't seem to like it but maybe let's hold off on celebrations until later." She does, however, allow herself a quick smile. "Though it's good to know you're still in one piece."

Show
    This is, of course, assuming we're out of combat (for now) and that Fare was too far away to hear what the Lich was saying.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ettin in the Playground

Lilyanna

"Let's warn the others, Raka! And grab that robe if you would, there may be something useful inside." Wheeling around once more, Lilyanna urged Jasper back into the air and directed him back toward where the group had started, eyes peeled for Halbrecht.

Show
    When Lily and Jasper get close enough, they're going to warn the others that the Romnid are supposedly in the airship...according to the extremely trustworthy lich.

10. - Top - End - #520

Halbrecht

Spoiler: OOC - In the name of moving things along slightly...
    Show
    I am hereby godmodding and assuming that Lilya shares what she learns. Apologies for the inconvenience.

"He said WHAT?!"

Halbrecht's hands trembled slightly as Lilya finished sharing what she had learned regarding the identities of those who were - according to the Lich - on board the airship.

"Of all the times, Baavesi. Of all the times to strike, you had to do it now."

The Earl of Castle Clearwater tried to steel himself.

"Okay. Okay. We can work with this. Fare, Raka, Lilya. The most important thing to do right now is to try to confirm whether or not the Romnid and Baavesi really are on that airship. While the beastfolk may have a grudge against us, with how the Romnid treat their captives, and the fact that there are noncombatants present... we cannot let them strike. Try to fly in as close as you can, and get a reading on who the occupants of the ship are. If they are indeed the Romnid? Do whatever you can to bring that ship down."

11. - Top - End - #521

Fare

Well, I guess this is really how this ends.

Fare nods, then glances at Rrraj again. "Even if we're not completely certain, someone should try to warn the beastfolk. If it comes to it they can probably hold their own for a while." She turns her gaze back to the airship,
    and her form flickers briefly back into that of human, before reverting back to an even larger mass of swirling, stormy winds. "In the meantime..."

Show
    Well, might as well get every edge possible. Fare is wildshaping back into a human, then into a large air elemental.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ettin in the Playground

Lilyanna

The Paladin exchanged the magical pickaxe for her holy greatsword, the weapon's hilt fitting comfortably back in her hand. Pausing only long enough to touch Halbrecht's arm and impart some healing, Lilyanna spurred Jasper into the air once more, heading toward the approaching airship.

Show
    Lay on Hands -> Halbrecht: (5d6)[24]

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

Lilya and Fare race up towards the approaching ship. From a distance, they see a blue-skinned woman loom over the edge of the ship. She holds out her hand and looses a tiny ball at the two adventurers. A split second later, the two heroes and the mount and bombarded with cacophony of ice shards!

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex: (1d20+11)[31] v Lilya
    (15d6)[60] Cold Damage

Reflex: (1d20+11)[15] v Jasper
    (15d6)[52] Cold Damage

Reflex: (1d20+11)[18] v Fare
    (15d6)[51] Cold Damage

Save for half
    Last edited by Felhammer; 2017-07-18 at 03:55 PM.
    DMing:

14. - Top - End - #524

Fare

Fare had been hoping that the cleric who had been with the lich would have done at least some damage, but those hopes are quickly dashed as she and Lily are engulfed in cold.

Wait...how'd the lich's ally get to the....ah.

Something that had happened long ago--or it seemed like that, at any rate, with everything that had been going on--brushes up against the surface of her mind. Something to do with feathers.

Fare curses under her breath, and spits out, "Get back, I'll give us cover." She waits until the paladin has started moving away, then begins a spell. Billowing stormclouds begin unfurling between them and the rapidly approaching airship.

Show
    Casting Sleet Storm as close as possible to where Fare & Lily currently are, trying to break line of sight between the airship & the party. Heading back to where the rest of the party is.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Titan in the Playground

Fare throw up a mighty sleet storm, then races back to the rest of the party!
    DMing:

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ettin in the Playground

Lilyanna

"Frontal assault's a bad idea, Jasper. Let's use our wits." Using the storm as cover, Lilyanna dug her heals in and urged the gryphon to change direction, though she spared a moment to call out to the powers of good and mark the blue woman for later smiting.

Show
    Heading back as well. Frontal assault that far away is suicide. Also, Smite Evil on what I assume is Bavesi.

17. - Top - End - #527

Halbrecht

Halbrecht's eyes widened as, flying upward, Lilya and Fare were promptly swallowed by an ice-ball.

Eeeeyup. That'll be Baavesi, alright.

As the two rejoined them, Halbrecht spoke.

"Are you two alright?! What happened?"

Show
    Massively abusing 'talking is a free action' to get an update on the situation. As I understand it, apparently Fare has a feather of teleportation which has, up until now, gone unused.
    How does everyone feel about using it to get into blasting range of Baavesi and hammering down?

18. - Top - End - #528

Fare

"Well we found out who was really on the airship." Fare glances at Lilyanna. "You and Jasper all right?

"Also...this is a little late, unfortunately, but I remembered...someone gave me one of those teleportation feathers a while back. I hadn't really ever thought of using since...well, you probably know why. I'm not super clear on how it works either but we could theoretically get all of us to the ship very quickly..."

Show
    Unfortunately, Fare needs to un-wildshape (again) to access her gear,
    so if anyone wants to heal/prep for two rounds now's a good time to do that.
    Last edited by Rysc; 2017-07-20 at 08:31 AM.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ettin in the Playground

Lilyanna

"We'll be all right," the Paladin responded, patting Jasper's neck. She pulled out a potion and drank it down before before channeling energy to heal their wounds. "I say we use the feathers. We need to get right on top of her quickly."

Show
    Drinking a CMW Potion: (2d8+3)[12]
    And then Channel Energy around Lily, Jasper, and Fare: (5d6)[11]

That'll take up my two rounds.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Troll in the Playground

Raka

Raka nods and stretches in preparation. "Get me in close, and I might be able to stop her from casting any more icy blasts."
    Last edited by Estralita; 2017-07-20 at 01:25 PM.
    Avatar of Lukas Stormlord the Paladin done by the Lovely Ceika!

21. - Top - End - #531
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Anise

Anise nods. "Icy blasts you say?" She casts a protection spell on herself. "Alright, let's do this."

Show
    Anise casts protection from energy (cold) on herself. It can absorb 120 points of cold damage.
    Last edited by BramsesII; 2017-07-20 at 05:01 PM.
    Characters in play:

22. - Top - End - #532

Halbrecht

This is it.

"If any of us don't make it... it has been an honor serving with all of you."

Show
    Using Strategy again before we all get teleported to the Airship.
    Last edited by Lord Of Mantas; 2017-07-21 at 12:18 AM.

23. - Top - End - #533

Fare

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "If any of us don't make it... it has been an honor serving with all of you."
    Fare, back in elemental form again with the feather in hand, shrugs. "Before-the-fact last words have never really cut it for me. But for this once, I'll agree." She looks around at the others. "And anyway, it'll be quite the letdown if I can't get this to work. Everybody ready?" With the others' confirmation, she raises the feather and tries to picture the deck of the ship by Baavesi. "Maybe we should all...touch this...or something..."

Show
    In the right thread this time WOOOO
    Needless to say, I (and by extension Fare) have no idea how to use this,
    and if any instructions came with the gift I've long since forgotten them. :')