New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Geneviève's Spoooky Castle Spooktacular!

Well. This wasn't here earlier.

Looming out of a strange chill fog, right at the major crossroads between all the major locations of the Nexus, is a giant gloomy castle that just suddenly sprang out of nowhere, all gothic pointy arches and peaked towers. The night is cold, the fog thick, and the wind is rising under a pale and pregnant moon, but the castle's doors have been thrown wide open to the night, unleashing a wave of noise and warmth and cheer into this lonely evening.

For this is no ordinary mysterious suddenly appearing castle, but the site of this year's Spooktacular! a weeks (or months) long celebration of all things macabre, sinister, eerie, and just plain spooky.

[Grand Hall]

The main focus of this year's Spooktacular is in the Grand Hall of the castle, which has been converted into a giant ballroom, lit by hundreds of floating jack-o-lanterns that drift eerily under the high arches of the magnificent vaulted ceiling. Said ceiling is home to a colony of real bats, which occasionally swoop low over the ballroom floor in great flights, though those below are thankfully spared from any unfortunate souvenirs by some unseen magic. Steaming plates of baked potatoes and rice break up the wooden pallets of thickly cut crusty black bread. It's a feast!

To the side of the grand hall, several rows of tables are laden with stacked platters of roast boar, pheasant, and other sumptuous gustatory delights. Giant wooden casks provide a freely flowing supply of pumpkin ale, mead, and red wine, as well as glittering crystal bowls of scarlet punch. Giant cauldrons bubble with soup and stew.

On stage, a giant orchestra comprised entirely of spooky scary skeletons hammers out a variety of eerie dance arrangements, wanton waltzes and maniacal minuets and other rowdy revelries bleeding into each other with deathless endurance and feverish abandon.

At the head of the ballroom is a magnificent throne of polished ebony and red velvet, upon which lounges the hostess of this year's celebrations. The tall elven sorceress has colored her usually platinum hair raven-black for the present, her already pale skin standing out in vibrant contrast to her heavy gown of crushed black velvet slashed with crimson. A high collar rises behind her neck and head, framing the haughty features of what is undoubtedly a most terrible and bloodthirsty vampire Countess against a backdrop of crimson and silver. Rubies point down into the laces of a deep vertical slash that cuts into her bosom, and ruby-encrusted fingers clasp a heavy goblet that's filled the brim with what's probably just wine... I mean, Geneviève wouldn't get that into character... right!?

[The Gallery]

Separated from the Grand Hall by a row of arches, this gallery has been set up as an ad hoc dining room of sorts, with plenty of round tables surrounded by chairs, fronted by a much smaller dance floor and stage. While directly adjacent to the Grand Hall, and indeed, the Gallery could be considered to be an extension of the same room, atmosphere and mood of this room is more sedate than that of the grand hall. Moonlight streams through the high windows, tracing white fingers through the misty air under the high ceiling, and immediately upon passing through the arches, the excesses of the Grand Hall melt away, as if passing through a heavy curtain, to be replaced with the more moderated efforts of a quartet of hunched over ghouls on strings.

The Gallery is officially a Chaos Free ZoneTM. Attacks and conflict in the Grand Hall cannot pass into the Gallery. Anyone inside is safe from whatever random event might be wreaking havoc across the rest of the party.

[Poison Gardens]

Filled with numerous vibrantly colored flowers and lit by a bright, full moon, the Poison Gardens present a number of meandering paths weaving in between grim statues of crying angels and reflecting pools. The paths quickly diverge into numerous quiet corners of the garden, with plenty of intimate benches and chaises longues tucked amidst the hedges and countless ivy-covered standing trellises providing plenty of secluded alcoves for a couple to duck into unseen. Throughout the garden, the faint, disembodied sounds of a ghostly piano and strings provide a serene escape from the revelry inside.

For all its romantic beauty, touching any of the plants in the Poison Gardens is not recommended.

[The Ice Garden]

The obligatory kid-friendly part of the party. This garden, in addition to being much less likely to kill an inquisitive child attracted to pretty flowers, is populated by magnificent glittering ice sculptures, that are totally sculptures made of ice that have been carved, and not actual real people who have been turned into ice with wicked sorcery. Their cheerful, and yet disturbingly lifelike expressions are a testament to the skill of the sculptor, and not a horrific indicator of the fact that dark magic has been used to entomb these poor individuals into icy celebration for all eternity. In addition to the sculptures, the garden is dotted with whimsical animal-shaped topiaries bedecked with orange and black streamers and thick cottony cobwebs, and a large pool complete with an elaborate fountain provides a welcome burble of noise that complements the lovably grotesque gargoyle band that squats atop a small stage, playing an arrangement of spooky tunes.

A set of tables, bordered with cauldrons of candy, are topped with trays of healthy spook-themed snacks, pitchers of cider and pumpkin juice, and bowls of bright red fruit 'blood' punch.

[Spoooky Maze]

For the more adventure minded, a massive wall of hedges stands at the edge of the Poison Gardens. This imposing wall of impenetrable vegetation is broken only by a stone arch that leads into the dark, foggy interior of the maze. Visitors to the maze will find themselves going through a series of appropriately scaled spoooky challenges and encounters, before coming to the center of the maze, which will have a spoooky treasure chest filled with spoooky treasure.

Anyone can feel free to come up with their own spoooky maze adventures. Proper commitment to the correct spelling of spoooky is mandatory for all participants, however.

Thread Rules:

1. Be courteous to other players. It's a party, and some level of chaos is expected and even encouraged! Invaders, random encounters, party crashers, whatever! But some people are going to want to do their own thing, and forcing them to have to interact with your crazy shenanigans is not okay! Keep in mind that the [The Gallery] is specifically designated as a Chaos Free ZoneTM.
    2. No godmodding.
    3. Keep it clean! No one wants to read your crappy erotica or weird ideas about what goes where or which parts of the body count as an erogenous zone (any poster who mentions "ear boners" will be taken out back and shot). Drop the curtain early, or take it to another thread!
    4. Flaming skeleton horses are not for petting. Your doctor/cleric will thank me later.
    5. We are not responsible for any personal belongings or appendages lost inside the [Spoooky Maze]. Please keep track of all your valuable items and/or vital organs.
    6. Don't feed the goblins after midnight. They don't get violent, as far as we can tell, but it gives them acid reflux.
    7. HAVE FUN!!!
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2016-10-11 at 01:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Grand Hall]

A guest!
    His skin is kinda dark. His hair is black, and long. He wears it in a ponytail. His eyes are dark grey and have a very determined and strangely unmoving expression.
    As far as clothes go, there's his armor, which is a long, light plastic mail. Above it, a black surcoat, and some dull padding underneath. Around his waist there's a belt with little blinking lights that doesn't actually do anything, and he wears a single tough glove on his right hand.
    On his back, a shiny plastic greatsword, the blade etched with a question: 'Whence comes the power of flesh and steel?'
    Hanging from his belt, three dark and obviously fake blunt throwing knives.
    But what really pulls the look together is the countless painted-on scars, his entire body covered, drawn as if they were caused by various attacks, from conventional slashing and piercing blades to claws, bites, pincers and even worse things.

Winds is very happy with his Wenomir Costume.

Just moments later he can be found at the tables of food, filling a platter with pheasant and downing bizarre seasonal drinks.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Geneviève's Spoooky Castle Spooktacular!

[Grand Hall]
    Another guest!
    She's dressed as a ninja, her jet-black costume covering all her skin with the exception of her head. The hood of the costume is pulled back to reveal a pale face, pointed ears, purple eyes, and lavender hair tied back in a ponytail. She carries no weapons, prop or otherwise.
    The guest makes her way to the food, walking with a visible limp. Wrinkling her nose at some of the more.... Exotic.... Choices, she begins consuming a plain bowl of rice.
    Nice place. Must have been made with magic, like almost everything around here is.
    Last edited by Black Socks; 2016-10-11 at 06:49 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

[Grand Hall]

The person dressed as a ninja will find herself entering concurrently with a man in a rather different costume. It's a young, lithe tiefling with bronze skin and black hair, red eyes, horns and a tail.

His costume consists of bright orange vest, open in the middle, a pair of loose red trousers, and bright red wings, attached to his back. On his head is a stylized bird's crest, also the colour of fire.

"That's a nice costume you have," he says, in a conversational tone.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [Grand Hall]

Costume party time!

Katrina comes in: she's wearing blue-jean shorts and a somewhat juvenile, brightly colored polo shirt. She's got a baseball cap that's been cut to fit around her ears, and a belt with four plastic balls that are red on top and white on the bottom with a black band around the middle.

Floating in the air is the comical sight of a reduced-size Keiko wearing a blue spandex suit. Her hind legs are invisible but her front ones aren't, cause a party's rough with no limbs at all. She's painted her ear-frills white and has a headband sporting a single white horn. A choker with a large round sapphire compliments a pair of similar rings on the end of her tail.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Grand Hall]

The person dressed as a ninja will find herself entering concurrently with a man in a rather different costume. It's a young, lithe tiefling with bronze skin and black hair, red eyes, horns and a tail.

His costume consists of bright orange vest, open in the middle, a pair of loose red trousers, and bright red wings, attached to his back. On his head is a stylized bird's crest, also the colour of fire.

"That's a nice costume you have," he says, in a conversational tone.
    She smiles.
    "Why, thank you. Forgive me if I am missing some obvious pop-culture reference, but what is your costume modeled after? I'm Sana, by the way."
    She extends a black-gloved hand, offering a handshake.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

"It's a phoenix. A mythical bird of fire," the tiefling explains. "My full name is a bit of a mouthful, so just call me Fayyaad." He shakes Sana's hand.
    Last edited by Morty; 2016-10-11 at 04:40 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

"It's a phoenix. A mythical bird of fire," the tiefling explains. "My full name is a bit of a mouthful, so just call me Fayyaad." He shakes Sana's hand.
    "Ah. I've never encountered one."
    Sana takes a long look at the extravagant decorations.
    "So, do you happen to know if this is a regular event or anything? I'm fairly new to the Nexus, and I just heard there was a costume party going on."
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

"I haven't been here long either," Fayyaad admits. "But I've heard it's an annual celebration of... I'm not sure what, actually. But it always happens around this time of the year, and is themed around costumes and... spooky things."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

"I haven't been here long either," Fayyaad admits. "But I've heard it's an annual celebration of... I'm not sure what, actually. But it always happens around this time of the year, and is themed around costumes and... spooky things."
    "Oh. I heard one person refer to the event as All Hollow's Eve. Hmm...."
    Sana reaches into the pocket of her costume and removes something that looks like a cross between a mobile phone and a remote control. Speaking into it she says "Computer, what is All Hollow's Eve?"
    Last edited by Black Socks; 2016-10-11 at 06:41 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

"I've heard it referred to as Halloween, if that helps," Fayyaad adds. "Besides, any reason is good to have a party, as far as I'm concerned."

Meanwhile, more people arrive. The first is one Sophie Mouchabiere, dressed in a curve-hugging black dress with a high collar, and a pair of subtle vampire teeth. Her hair is also longer, and a lot more silky. She looks different in general. Smoother, more radiant. Maybe she applied something a bit stronger than a costume? Trick is, presumably, right with her.

Then a horde approaches. Specifically, a horde of goblins in a varying degree of tininess. They seem to have a theme going. Most of them are dressed up as knights of some kind or another, although there are some queens and wizards among them, too. Leading the crowd are Brinika, wearing a white dress with a veil, holding an ornamental sword in her hands, and Iknika. The latter is covered in fake half-plate, hefting a sword and an axe. The goblin kids are looked after by a few adults, among them Reelshka. Who has Tuskfang accompanying her, of course. The woblin is wearing a black onesie with a bone print on it, giving him the appearance of a very small and cute skeleton.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

"I suppose so."
    The device whirs and hums for a few moments before speaking.
    "All Hollow's Eve, more commonly known as Halloween, is a holiday usually celebrated in th' fall. Major components include dressin' up in costumes, givin' out candy, and sayin' 'trick or treat'."
    Sana puts the device back in her pocket.
    "That explains a lot."
    Last edited by Black Socks; 2016-10-11 at 07:34 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Grand Hall]

Another newcomer shows up at the party. Cait always likes a little irony in her life so that helped her figure out a costume. Dressed in a tight black suit, with a white shirt and a black tie she pulled her hair back in a tight bun. Thinking the costume might be a bit plain she got some plushy green tentacles and managed to make it look like she has tentacles growing from her head by including them in her bun, at least if you look from the front.

She takes only a little bit of time to spot the kegs and get herself a glass of wine, and a refill for that one which she downed immediately. She does her best impression of someone not drinking because of social anxiety.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

[Poison Gardens]

Ilpholin arrives at the party, wearing a traditional water tribe garb. Blue pants, sleeveless blue shirt, parka around her waist, and black armbands that stretch almost to the shoulder, leaving just enough bare skin to tantalize. She settles with exploring the nature filled garden, appreciating the look, don't touch flowers.

[The Ice Garden]

A dark presence looms in a shadowy corner, being all mysterious and hooded. Wait, Sasha went as herself? Didn't even bother dressing up? Lame. Maybe she's here to find someone to kidnap for her mad scientist master. Regardless, she does stare intensely out into the pool of children from her corner like no other creepy intense starer could. Staaaare.
    Spoiler
    Show

[The Gallery]

Stumbling into the gallery, a catgirl takes in a deep breath of cool air, relieved to have gotten away from the loud revelry of the grand hall. The upper half of her costume consists of a white robe, while the bottom half is a red skirt, tied off at the waist with a large crimson bow. The sandals complete the traditional Japanese priestess outfit. Long, luxurious black hair stretches down to just above the knees, interrupted only thrice: Twice by the two blue furred cat ears poking out of her head and once by the similarly colored cat tail stretching out behind her. Her pink irised eyes glance around the relatively quiet section she's found herself in.

[Spoooky Maze]

Two catgirls in one night? Someone must have had a lucky wish come true. Certainly not this catgirl, who isn't even sure how she ended up in this place. Alright, stay calm. Just work backwards. Let's see, she went to the restroom to freshen up and on her way back she took a left, then another left. Or no wait, did she go straight through that first corridor? Wasn't there a door? Then another right. No, the first right. Then another right. Right? Err... No... Wait. And why are all the walls like hedges now? Do they really need this many fog machines? She groans loudly, rubbing her face with her hands as she closes her blue eyes. She's totally lost. She knew she should have waited for Sarah.

This catgirl must have gotten her wig from the same place as the last one as long, luxurious blonde hair stretches down to just above the knees. Again, ears and tail poke out, though with reddish orange fur. The costumes are wildly different, however. Long white gloves with an orange band where they cut off below the elbow, an orange choker, a bright red bow in her hair, and a golden tiara upon her head all serve as accessories. Completing the theme are orange heels, an orange skirt that is decidedly short, and a sleeveless white shirt sporting a large blue bow tied off with a golden heart in the middle of her chest as a centerpiece.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Grand Hall]

Another newcomer shows up at the party. Cait always likes a little irony in her life so that helped her figure out a costume. Dressed in a tight black suit, with a white shirt and a black tie she pulled her hair back in a tight bun. Thinking the costume might be a bit plain she got some plushy green tentacles and managed to make it look like she has tentacles growing from her head by including them in her bun, at least if you look from the front.

She takes only a little bit of time to spot the kegs and get herself a glass of wine, and a refill for that one which she downed immediately. She does her best impression of someone not drinking because of social anxiety.
    [Grand Hall]
    Drinking because of social anxiety happens to be a pet peeve of Sana's. She bids Fayyaad good day and moves over to the newcomer.
    "Pardon me for my directness, but drinking because of social anxiety is a dangerous and irresponsible act. I recommend you stop immediately."[/PSAmode]
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Grand Hall]

Oh no spotted already and right through her best impression. Quick deny everything. Would it help if I said I was drinking for several other reasons as well? Wait that isn't a denial. She does avoid taking a big gulp of wine to help lubricate this conversation.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Grand Hall]

C'mooon~ I told you we'd be late!
    We're not late.
    Then where are they? I don't see them here!
    Probably in one of the side areas. Go look for them if being with me bothers you so much.
    That's not what I meant... but thanks for helping me with this costume.
    Mm. ...Don't tell Leah, but I think these skirts might be too short after all.

Two catgirls are at the entrance, looking around curiously. They look like twins, but their costumes are certainly distinct. Both of them are wearing sleeveless white tops, white gloves that go up to the elbow, chokers in colors that match their miniskirts, and gold tiaras. Red ears poke up from a brown ponytail wig on the green one, going with the red tail coming from her green skirt. Bright pink irises that aren't even contacts. It's Sailor Jupiter (Catgirl)! Which makes the other one Sailor Mercury (Catgirl), with short blue hair, blue ears, blue tail, and blue eyes.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

18. - Top - End - #18

[Ice Gardens]

Alni has found her way here, the little elf being dressed all in red, adding a horned headband, spade tail, and little trident to the bat wings and handbasket she always has. At first she amuses herself making faces at the gargoyles - they're not going to win! - but she glances more and more often at that spoooky presence in the corner.
    Maybe that costume is too scary after all.

[Grand Hall]

Anchor doesn't seem to have dressed up at all! Just the normal riding clothes and cloak.
    Her shadows, though, are another story. In the changing light of the floating pumpkins, every image of her cast on the floor shows a different monster: just behind her slinks the shape of a bare skeleton, off to her left is the outline of some tentacled deep-ocean beast, opposite a hook-nosed witch with long claws.

She notices a certain dragon-type pokemon right away, although the odds of her remembering what it's called are pretty slim. How many of those things are there?
    "Keiko! You're so small, look at that!"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Grand Hall
    A black cat dressed up as an equally black fox enters the hall and looks around.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

[Grand Hall]

Keiko giggles

Well, it would be a bit silly to be playing as Kat's pet if I was still ten times her size!

Katrina shakes her head

She wouldn't listen when I told her that a Dragonair's supposed to be like thirteen feet long, so being seventeen feet long is close enough.

Keiko sticks out her tongue at Katrina.

Anyway: how've you been, Anchor?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Grand Hall

The newest entrance is an...interesting one. He's as tall as an adult human, but judging from build and the size of his hands or feet, this teenage minotaur hasn't quite grown into himself just yet. He's wearing a very lightweight foam armor set wrapped in a tattered blue shroud with a hood. The hood of course does a nearly non-existent job of hiding his face, as his grinning red-brown muzzle sticks out entirely. He's had to cut some holes for his stubby horns, and eschewed the boots entirely. He's holding a grey foam sword (cut himself from a block his uncle found him with a core made from a wooden dowel he nicked from a trash bin) though a careful observer might notice the hilt of a much more convincing knife tucked into the back of his belt.

At his side is an adolescent canine with long, floppy ears, a red-gray coat, and a pointy grey card-board shield strapped to her back as she pads beside her master with her tongue lolling out. Koshal thought Fay's shield was much less convincing than his costume and didn't really match the materials but he couldn't bear to make her carry things as heavy as his stuff.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Grand Hall

The cat-fox approaches the canine and his master and carefully sniffs at both of them.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

[Grand Hall]

The dog and the fox-cat catch the attention of three very little goblins - two boys, one girl - all dressed in fake-chainmail, with shields and spears. They're escorted by their elder sibling, Iknika. She's also dressed as a knight, but with a fake half-plate and an axe. The three tiny kids immediately try to administer pets to both animals.

Meanwhile, Fayyaad says goodbye to Sana and goes wandering around again. Looking for someone he knows, or would like to know.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Grand Hall

Faye flops over immediately at the attention, looking for belly-rubs. Koshal winces at the sound of her shield crinkling.
    "Uh, hi." he says, awkwardly looking down at Iknika. Oh gods, this is what Uncle Krayger was talking about, wasn't he?
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

25. - Top - End - #25

[Grand Hall]

"She's better tiny, anyway."
    Anchor goes to pat Keiko on her head, careful of the horn.

"I've been okay. Met this cool necromancer guy and we stole all the bones out of a graveyard, and I saw Rein again but the weather wasn't right. Fought some demons."
    She breaks into a smile.
    "Usual life. How about you guys?"

Then there's people to wave at.
    "Oh, Hi Koshal! Hey Fayaad!"
    The Nexus is such a small place sometimes.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Grand Hall

Fox-xun tries her best to remain dignified looking while enjoying the pets. Her tail curls in the air, the silver tip gently waving back and forth. Hello tiny warriors. She tries to subtly discern if any of these tiny goblins are related to Dipsnig. Do they smell like him - more than goblins normally do, that is?

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

[Grand Hall]

Two of the tiny goblin knights pet Xun, before heading over to administer belly rubs to Faye. The third one, though, a meek little boy, stays behind to pet the kitty.

"Ooh. You can talk?"

None of the goblins smell like Dipsnig's relatives.

Iknika smiles up at Koshal.

"Hi. That's a nice costume," she says.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Grand Hall]

Oh no spotted already and right through her best impression. Quick deny everything. Would it help if I said I was drinking for several other reasons as well? Wait that isn't a denial. She does avoid taking a big gulp of wine to help lubricate this conversation.
    [Grand Hall]
    Sana looks slightly amused and slightly annoyed.
    "I cannot think of any good reasons for drinking. I'll humour you, though. Why would you ingest something that slows your reflexes, takes a hammer to your critical thinking skills, and messes with your senses?"
    She almost seems to be speaking from past experiences.
    Last edited by Black Socks; 2016-10-12 at 02:28 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Grand Hall]

Cait takes a second to put her thoughts in order. Then she starts counting off reasons with her fingers.

One to show respect to the host who provided the beverages. Two to help myself stop thinking terrible things and maybe relax a little. Three I can't dance sober.

Oh and if anyone is paying close attention there is a slight bulge on the small of Cait's back. A discerning eye might realize it is a small hand gun in a holster.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Grand Hall]
    Sana does not notice the bulge. She is too busy studying Cait.
    "One, respect could be shown through other methods, such as complimenting the hostess or partaking in some party activities. Two, you must have seen some pretty horrific things if alcohol is the only way to forget them. Three, unless you have some alcohol-fueled ability, what you mean is that you're afraid and you want the alcohol to destroy your decision-making skills."
    Last edited by Black Socks; 2016-10-12 at 03:30 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.