New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Erfworld 67, page 61

Since no-one else did it.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Erfworld 67, page 61

I swear... this comic is like some sort of crack... or something... Every strip that comes out keeps me begging for the next one.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

I love Erfworld.
    Ansom's facial expressions, Stanley's "Next turn we croak him!"... this comic was made of pure win.
    The above post made a lot more sense in my head.

Epic avatar by Mr. Saturn. Thanks Mr. Saturn!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

THis is awesome!!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Sheesh, the comic must have been posted while I was reading the forums--it wasn't there when I first arrived on the site!

Looks like more information nobody has let Parson know before...wonder how this will affect the outcome? And is Ansom really thinking the troops are just veiled, or does he have something more devious on his mind?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

This is exactly why I do not read webcomics for months at a time. You need to let the unread pages pile up so you do not go insane.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

I LOVE Ansom's expression in Panel 1. It's the most awesome "wtf" look I've ever seen on a comic character. And I wholeheartedly echo Parson:

"Waitwaitwait. We can VEIL our troops!?"

In the words of Parson:

"Oh that's gonna add a whole new dimension to this plan..."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

I love the last line. It seems Parson hasn't caught up on all of his homework yet .

So... is this a late Saturday comic or an on-time Tuesday comic?
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I love the last line. It seems Parson hasn't caught up on all of his homework yet .

So... is this a late Saturday comic or an on-time Tuesday comic?
    Glass half empty or glass half full?

Geez, I'm talking to a freaking penguin again. I just can't get over that you're a PENGUIN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son View Post
    Just checking... you do realize that when someone puts a funny hat on, they don't instantly split into two separate people, right?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Hang on. I just realized something, I'm curious. Today, Parson said, "[He moved] into the center hex? Why would he do that?" But just last page, he said, "I was kinda hoping he'd just go charging into the center hex."

Make up your mind, Parson!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wow.
    The Gobwin Knob victory has just become trivial. Stanley would have to go far out of his way to boop up his own side's chances at this point.
    The Evil Midnight Lurker what Lurks at Midnight
    "An object at rest -- CANNOT BE STOPPED!!!!!"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Interesting.

Is Ansom trying to dig his way out of a hole by refusing to believe that Stanly could outsmart him? Or has he thought up some way of fooling Stanly into thinking he is losing?

Either way it seems a cruel joke for Parson to find out at that all his meticulous planning was for nothing. If they can simply cloak their units then there was no point in Parson coming up with the dwagon fort in the first place.

13. - Top - End - #13

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael View Post
    Hang on. I just realized something, I'm curious. Today, Parson said, "[He moved] into the center hex? Why would he do that?" But just last page, he said, "I was kinda hoping he'd just go charging into the center hex."

He was hoping Ansom wouldn't scout, and would charge in blind. That Ansom would scout, then charge in knowing it was empty, was weird.
    100 HNJO (700 GP)
    40 LIGD (280 GP)
    20 GP

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

Great stuff. Ansom just refuses to see, doesn't he. Presumptuous little fellow.

Stanley seems to have some neat resources on his side. It'll be good to see what new dimension veiling brings to the battle.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm at a loss. If Ansom's not just underestimating Stanley, the only thing I can think of him doing is to try to push through the six dwagon stack back to the column (it's certainly closer that way). Either that or use Jillian somehow, but I don't know how much good she can do.

ETA: If he's close enough, can he move the rest of the column into support?
    Last edited by gatitcz; 2007-07-11 at 01:25 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16

He was kinda hoping Ansom would charge into the center hex, but he sent a bat instead. Now, having found it empty, it makes no sense to do so. Doesn't mean Parson isn't still glad he did.

edit: ninja'd
    Last edited by ChowGuy; 2007-07-11 at 01:22 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

The first "I was kinda hoping he'd just go charging into the center hex." would be a "I was kinda hoping he'd just go charging into the center hex without scouting first." Therefore, "[He moved] into the center hex? Why would he do that?" is a "[He moved] into the center hex? Why would he do that, even if he knows, because he had a bat scouting, that there is nothing in there?"

Edit: Ninja'ed twice
    Last edited by Mr. Dragon; 2007-07-11 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Ninja'ed
    Official Tea-Party Member of the Fan Club

18. - Top - End - #18

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The_Alec View Post
    Interesting.

Is Ansom trying to dig his way out of a hole by refusing to believe that Stanly could outsmart him? Or has he thought up some way of fooling Stanly into thinking he is losing?

Either way it seems a cruel joke for Parson to find out at that all his meticulous planning was for nothing. If they can simply cloak their units then there was no point in Parson coming up with the dwagon fort in the first place.
    I disagree

Ansom is now more Effd than ever. He is surrounded by dwagons, and Parson will just be able to annihilate all the siege units in the columns.

Or, he could just use all the dwagons to get to Ansom. I hope he doesn't do that, though, because this would end up the comic too soon.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mockingbyrd7 View Post
    Glass half empty or glass half full?

Geez, I'm talking to a freaking penguin again. I just can't get over that you're a PENGUIN.
    Not just any penguin, but a penguin from Northern California.

So, is Ansom booped or what? How is he going to get out this one (if he can)
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

Edit: Triple ninja action, dang.

Ansom is really letting feelings of superiority influence his decisions - I love it when arrogance works that way.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

And that's where Veiling units come into play. Ansom believes (correctly) that Stanley is too stupid to fool him like that; so the units must be Veiled (in other words, he believes the trick was veiling the units, not luring him at the center of the claw)

Hamster would do well to refrain himself from showing ignorance in front of Stanley BTW. Wow, this is getting interesting. I wonder if they will get Ansom?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

Ansom goes into the center hex because he knows from prior experience that Stanley can veil his troops. See the transition from panel 6 and 7 as he realizes, "Oh BOOP! They can veil their troops! CHARGE!"

Also, just registered to point this out.

Edit: Oh well, I lose by seconds.
    Last edited by derfy; 2007-07-11 at 01:28 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23

AssassinGuy

I honestly think he's trying to blow through the stack, out of all the crappy options available to him, a blowthrough would be the least crappy.

24. - Top - End - #24

SwashbucklerGuy

Sometimes the bait is good, and even the wise step into the trap. In this case, they prey is too foolish for it to matter.

I don't know how this "veiling" works, but if it exists at all, there are possibilities for totally busted game mechanics. The dwagons could have hidden from the bats? Why didn't they? If that's the case, all of Ansom's recon would have been in vain, and he didn't have the move to assault every possible hex that could have held dwagons.

I'm thinking that croaking Ansom isn't going to be the end of the siege of Gobwin Knob. Because it sure looks like Ansom's time on the mapboard is going to be limited.

Note, though, that Parson sees a different option that he likes better than croaking Ansom. We'll see if he can talk the Tool out of it.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

ansom makes this easier and easier for them..

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by Zictor View Post
    Ansom is now more Effd than ever. He is surrounded by dwagons, and Parson will just be able to annihilate all the siege units in the columns.
    For openers. I'm curious as to what fiendish idea "We can veil our units?" suggests to him. I mean besides killing Stanley for his "You'd have to be a moron not to know that." take on sharing information with his Chief Warlord.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh dear, what a great Comic!

Ansom is tough though!
    He is going from ultimate chock, in panel 1, to acceptance, quickly forming some kind of answer to this new situation he is facing, and fast, (on only one panel) is executing it!

He's the man with the hairy chest!

/Paul
    My avatar is from the webcomic Erfworld by Rob Balder (text) and Jamie Naguchi (art).
    Her name was Misty.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

For me, I suspect that Parson not knowing he could veil the troops works out much better.

Since it is assumed that Anselm already knows that Stanley has Foolmancers, and from what I would suspect of Stanley's normal behavior, Anselm would believe that if Stanely had used the Foolmancer or lost them already, due to the fact that he would likely believe Stanley to be the sort who never hold anything in reserve except when taking critical damage and thus retreating.

The idea of Stanley not using one of his own vaunted tools in this combat (and also not protecting his "treasured dragons") is so unnatural, that it makes the center hex seems more likely to have something noteworthy in nature, IE: Dragons protected by veiling.

If the Foolmancers were used in the first place, there would be little else that could push Anselm to the point he is now, since it would seem natural for all potential resources, that the defending losing team has, would be used in its defence.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm really wondering what exactly Parson was about to say... "we could capture..." what?... Jillian? the rest of the seige engines?

or could it be...
    Spoiler
    Show
    the other coalition leaders?... if all of the coalition leaders are in the same spot, and now they lack woodelf, gump and flying support... they could very well be vulnarable to a 50 Dwagon pile on... depending on how the rules go, If all of the leaders get captured, their forces may automatcially fall apart, leaving Ansom with only him, jetstone troops, Vinnie, the bats, Jillian and the archons... it would effectively tear his offensive assunder, drastically lowering his numbers...

But really, with that line we know now that Parson had plans outside of attacking Ansom and getting the pliers... That he had another goal or option... question is, what the hell is it

30. - Top - End - #30

RedWizardGuy

biggrin Re: Erfworld 67, page 61

I love how Vinny looks in panel 2. Notice the hand.