Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Strange Aeons: Ash's Redoubt [DMOOCH]

R3T26: Zoo attacks around the door's threshold with a wild flailing at the closest tribal. He savagely bites the tribal's left foot for 6, a hoof hits it put fails to get past its tough hide, but then Zoo bites into the monster's left shoulder and flings it around like a rag doll, smashing it several times against both posts and lintel of the door ... destroying it.

R3T21: Maeni, you know there is one more ghoul, but none visible to you at this time. What do you do?

Bangs on deck, Corbin (unloaded) in the hole ...

Spoiler: Battle Tracker
    Show
    HEROES: Bless til end R22T21!!!
    Zoo: 26. Medium dog form: Animalistic transformation, extra limbs (arms), hooves.
    * Enhancement (+2 to all physical) for 17 more minutes.
    Maeni: 21. Mage armor. Penumbra.
    Bangs: 20.
    Corbin: 11.1. Unloaded.
    Anna: 6. Pugilist's stance. Enlarge person til beginning R22T21.
    G3: 3. (20:20).
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2017-12-20 at 09:44 PM.
    7/13/ 2019: I have completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Divergent Paths: Medic (Altovilla, 2016), and it is approved for play.
    3/4/ 2018: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Player Companion: Blood of the Beast (2016, Moreland).
    Spoiler: Player Info
    Show
    pfm1995: Out 7/22 thru 7/27

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

R3T21-11.1: Maeni, Bangs, and Corbin all wait, though Corbin reloads to ready for a clear shot.

R3T6: New Girl, what do you do?

Tribal on deck, Zoo in the hole ...

Show
    Zoo: 26. Medium dog form: Animalistic transformation, extra limbs (arms), hooves.
    Maeni: 21. Mage armor. Penumbra. DELAYING!!!
    Bangs: 20. DELAYING!!!
    Corbin: 11.1. Loaded. READIED action to shoot ghoul if there is a "clear shot."
    G3: 3. (20:20).
    7/13/ 2019: I have completed reading Dreamscarred Press' Divergent Paths: Medic (Altovilla, 2016), and it is approved for play.
    3/4/ 2018: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Player Companion: Blood of the Beast (2016, Moreland).
    Show

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

R3T6: While there are benefits to being this size, it made fighting someone through a door untenable. She clapped her hands and dissolved into blue energy. It flowed over the beastly foe, and she appeared whole on the opposite side of it. She delivered a savage snap kick to it (15), though it left her tired, her arms drooping slightly.

R3T3: The tribal whips around to face the giantess that just blasted him. Her armor stops its bite but it grazes her left quad with a claw for 2. It then attacks with another claw.
    Spoiler: digiman
    Show
    Okay, roll a Fort save vs. DC 13. If you fail, you are paralyzed, and its second claw will connect for 6 damage. I haven't calculated the 6 damage yet.

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T26:
    Zoo, what do you do?

Maeni & Bangs delaying, Corbin readied to shoot, Anna on deck (yet to see if she's paralyzed or not) ...
    Show
    Maeni: 21. Mage armor. Penumbra. DELAYING!!!
    Corbin: 11.1. Loaded. READIED action to shoot ghoul if there is a "clear shot."
    G3: 3. (5:20).
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2017-12-23 at 01:18 PM.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Show

* Enhancement (+2 to all physical) for 12 more minutes.
    Maeni: 21. Mage armor. Penumbra.
    Corbin: 11.1. Loaded.
    Anna: 6.
    G3: 3. (5:20).
    Show

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Zoo gives out a big puppy yawn, but otherwise is fine. He continues sniffing and as he passes a box he sees a vague, humanoid figure that seems to be the source of this unnatural fog. Zoo stares and blinks at the humanoid figure, and realizes he is being looked at by the thing as well. Its mouth closes, and in a second or two the fog already seems to be slightly less than before.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fluff only, the mechanics are the same.

Zoo gives an accidental bark, a reflex of caution.

Begin Round One ...

R1T21: Corbin, you hear Zoo give a warning bark. This is enough to bring your reflexes online. What do you do?
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is no battle yet, but initiative is being tracked depending on what happens. Note that you don't have to move half-speed, but you do need to realize that at no time can your PC see more than 5' away, and anything adjacent to you has concealment. Please don't meta the map as such. You've gone from the stairs (that lead down to the rope going down) directly to your position since Zoo had a scent to follow.

Unlike the others, I assumed from your desire to be in back ... and to have mobility ... that you are NOT tied off for safety like the others.

Show

Corbin: 21. Loaded.
    Oneirogen: 20.
    Snips: 19.
    Zoo: 15. Medium dog form: Animalistic transformation, extra limbs (arms), hooves.
    Bangs: 8.
    Maeni: 6. Mage armor. Penumbra.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

R1T21: Perks up, then hunkers low, damning the poor visibility. He tosses the crossbow into his off hand and pulls his trusty knife, hoping that whatevers out there wont find him before he finds it.
    Spoiler: Corbin
    Show
    Since you are directly behind the party, you simply use your current position to freeze (letting the fog do the work for you as far as visibility and remaining quiet for your Stealth check.

If you look at the map, there is PLENTY to hide behind, but to balance that, you are only aware of those boxes and crates that you would have a chance of seeing (within 5' during your path).

R1T20: The humanoid lashes out at Zoo with a fist that catches the pup in the teeth for 6 and 1 CON! The second punch likewise lands for 6. Two loud thumps are heard, including yelps from Zoo-dog.
    Spoiler: Zoo
    Show
    "My Teef!" ... Your bite attacks are at a -2 penalty on the attack roll (no penalty to damage). A Heal DC 25 check is needed to repair his teeth (regardless of form), which would remove the bite penalty. The ability damage can only be healed by rest or restorative magic.

R1T19: Snips, you are tied directly to Maeni, and only have enough slack to create a 5-foot-gap if needed. What do you do?

Show

Zoo: 15. Medium dog form: Animalistic transformation, extra limbs (arms), hooves.
    * "My Teef!" 1 CON damage. Your bite attacks are at a -2 penalty. A Heal DC 25 check is needed to repair his teeth (regardless of form), which would remove the bite penalty. The ability damage can only be healed by rest or restorative magic.
    Maeni: 6. Mage armor. Penumbra (on piece of rubble, in pocket).
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

R1T19: Snips scowled at the fog; she could hit the oneirogen much better from the other side, but its accursed fog blocked her line of sight and without it, she couldn't flow into position. She instead tries to slam her heel into it - missing - before scooting around Zoo, getting into position for next time. She feels the rope between herself and Maeni grow taut.

R1T15: Zoo, the man totally surprised you with how well he could punch. Your jaw is bleeding and your teeth hurt. What do you do?

Show

* "My Teef!" 1 CON damage. Your bite attacks are at a -2 penalty. A Heal DC 25 check is needed to repair his teeth (regardless of form), which would remove the bite penalty. The ability damage can only be healed by rest or restorative magic.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

R1T15: Surprised and angry, Zoo responds the way most animals would. He tries his best to cover his teeth, claws, and hooves in this fog-breather's blood. Zoo slashes the man in the hand for 8, then rears up and kicks the man in the upper right arm with a hoof for 5.

R1T8: Bangs, you cannot go more than 10' from Maeni the way you are tied off. You hear Zoo in combat with something, but see neither him nor the combatant (remember, past 5' you can't see). What do you do?

Maeni on deck, Corbin (loaded) in the hole ...

Show

Oneirogen: 20. (26:39).
    * "My Teef!" 1 CON damage. Your bite attacks are at a -2 penalty. A Heal DC 25 check is needed to repair his teeth (regardless of form), which would remove the bite penalty.
    * The ability damage can only be healed by rest or restorative magic.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

R1T8: Hearing Zoo fighting with something, and the yelp of pain from him, Bangs channels healing to him through the collective (6).

R1T6: Maeni advances to allow maximal mobility for her allies. "I'll burn it if I don't risk hitting anyone!"

Maeni no longer sees Bangs and Corbin, but does see Snips and Zoo.

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T21:
    Corbin, your crossbow is loaded and you are not tied off. You only see Bangs in front of you (still), but hear the battle up ahead (to the west). What do you do?

Oneirogen on deck, snips in the hole ...

Show

Oneirogen: 20. (26:39).
    * "My Teef!" 1 CON damage. Your bite attacks are at a -2 penalty. A Heal DC 25 check is needed to repair his teeth (regardless of form), which would remove the bite penalty.
    Maeni: 6. Mage armor. Penumbra (on piece of rubble, in pocket). READIED to shoot fire ray if there is a clear LOS!!!
    Show

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

R2T21: Corbin tries to cut a path through the debris, towards the front of the line, keeping his head down. Maybe he can get the jump on whatever is making all this racket. He is able to hide along a box (one square south) before he has eyes on target. With what cover he can manage he shoots at the man, hitting him in the left foot for 4.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The assumption from what I read is that if you got a shot you'd take it. Unfortunately, with the fog he can't see the enemy well enough to pick out vital spots (i.e., concealment).

R2T20: The strange man doesn't pay attention to the minor wound in his foot, not even really registering pain. He slams Zoo-dog with a fist for 6, then again for another 6.

R2T19: Snips, what do you do? The rope is slack now that Maeni is next to you (remember you can't go farther than 10' from her).

Zoo on deck, Bangs in the hole ...

Show

Corbin: 21. Un-Loaded.
    Oneirogen: 20. (23:39).
    Maeni: 6. Mage armor. Penumbra (on piece of rubble, in pocket). READIED to shoot fire ray if there is a clear LOS!!!
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

R2T19: Snips grunted in frustration; she needed to get around this thing, but its accursed mist hindered her movement. The rope that was supposed to keep her safe was just getting in her way now, so she flowed her way out of it instead, moving southerly as to get a better angle against it, slamming a pair of fists against it as she does so. Her first fist strikes the man in the upper right arm for 15, causing the man to reel from a broken arm. Better yet, it was a sideways strike that served to check the man's movement, and Snips follows up with a brutal uppercut-crit for 28 that shatters the man's face and bits of broken skull shred the man's brain as his top vertebrae snap and his head is pushed back on the neck before twisting horribly.

Show

Corbin: 21. Un-Loaded.
    Oneirogen: 20. (8:39).
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Surprise Round ...

S16: The lizard opens its mouth to release a blood-curdling howl!

All characters, roll a Will saving throw!
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    This is a sonic, mind-affecting, fear effect.

Show

Zoo: 22. Medium dog form: Animalistic transformation, extra limbs (arms), hooves.
    * Enhancement (+2 to all physical) - concentration.
    Voonith: 16.
    Maeni: 10. Penumbra (on piece of rubble, in pocket).
    Corbin: 9. Loaded.
    Bangs: 9.
    Snips: 8.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

S15: Startled by the howl, Zoo's tail droops and his ears fold back. Unwilling to let another pack mate die, he creeps past Snips hugging the wall to his right, and when he sees the thing in front of snips, he is forced to go back to where he was. But before he can step back freely, the creature's sinuous neck lashes out and bites Zoo for 5. Luckily, only because he is currently a quadruped is Zoo able to keep his footing and not foul up Snips as he slinks back into place behind her.
    Spoiler: Zoo
    Show
    Though Snips is at a corner on her forward right, it's not enough for you to go around (hard corner) without going in the creature's square. Unfortunately, though allies count as cover for the purposes of ranged attacks, they do not count as usable cover to deny AOOs...

S8: Whether Snips is too scared to move remains to be seen ...

Show

Zoo: 15. Medium dog form: Animalistic transformation, extra limbs (arms), hooves. SHAKEN til beginning R4T16!!!
    * Enhancement (+2 to all physical) - 11 minutes.
    Bangs: 9. SHAKEN til beginning R5T16!!!
    Snips: 8.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2018-03-08 at 12:10 AM.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

S8: Though her muscles were tense in readiness to react, the howl from this strange creature terrifies Snips and she stands reeling from the horror.

End Surprise Round, Begin Round One ...

R1T16:
    The monster's long neck lashes out and bites Snips in the abdomen just below her breastplate for 3. Its several foreclaws then lash out at her and all four hit her for a total of 9.

R1T15: Zoo, though you are suffering from some fear, you can now act more fully. It is standing in a "breech area" to keep anyone from going into where you couldn't see any walls through the mist to the east (you're coming from the south, and there will be no map for this battle because of "fog of war"). You either have to find a way to get to it from above, get to it at range (and Snips is still causing cover penalties), or be acrobatic in some way. Meanwhile, while it is hard to see the extend of Snips' injuries, you do hear her get slashed several times and you smell the new blood smell of opening wounds several times from her. What do you do?

In the meantinme, still looking from Will saves from Maeni and Corbin (though I might bot Maeni if I need since silphael hasn't been around for awhile) ...

Show

Zoo: 15. Medium dog form: Animalistic transformation, extra limbs (arms), hooves. SHAKEN til beginning R4T16!!!
    * Enhancement (+2 to all physical) - 11 minute
    Snips: 8. Dazed until R1T16!!! Then, Shaken til beginning R4T16!!!
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

R1T15: Zoo perks up at the smell of blood in the air and tries something he's never done before. His arms retract in to the dog's body as a bony horn grows from his forehead and his legs grow more muscular.

He tries to leap over Snips to skewer the creature with his new horn, but Snips - who is defending her dazed self totally by instinct - blocks her ally. Zoo ends up right where he started.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good news: You didn't suffer an AOO from the creature's long neck. Nor did you go so far as to warrant an AOO in going back to your square.

Bad News: Standing Start and crappy Acrobatics roll ... you go nowhere, attack lost.

In the meantime, Corbin and Maeni likewise are not scared senseless like Snips, but are afraid.

R1T10: Maeni delays, unable to see anything and realizing that the battle must be in a confined space, anyway.

R1T9: Corbin, do you do anything? You are pretty sure that you can't get into battle right now, at least from the information you have. You are shaken.

Bangs on deck (shaken) ...

Show

Maeni: 10. Penumbra (on piece of rubble, in pocket). SHAKEN til beginning R4T16!!! DELAYING!!!
    Corbin: 9. Loaded. SHAKEN til beginning R4T16!!!
    Snips: 8. Dazed until R1T16!!! Then, Shaken til beginning R4T16!!!
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

R1T9: Corbin takes a jittery breath and readies his weapon.

R1T8: Bangs, you are shaken from that strange howl. You aren't being "fed" any information so you don't know what's going on or the challenges faced by those ahead of you. What do you do? Delay?

Snips on deck (she is no longer dazed), critter in the hole ...

Show

Maeni: 10. Penumbra (on piece of rubble, in pocket). SHAKEN til beginning R4T16!!! DELAYING!!!
    Corbin: 9. Loaded. SHAKEN til beginning R4T16!!! DELAYING!!!
    Bangs: 8. SHAKEN til beginning R5T16!!!
    Snips: 7. Then, Shaken til beginning R4T16!!!
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

R1T8: Bangs wishes to step forward to allow a little give in the rope for those ahead, but is unable to do so because Corbin is there, and he is otherwise unable (or perhaps unwilling with his knocking knees) to offer up any different assistance.

R1T7: Snips slams her fists into the beast, but her fear takes away some of her commitment and she merely hits the monster's colorful scales with her first fist, and her second fist strikes so hard against a very thickly scaled portion of it that she not only does not damage, but she suffers pins and needles from her left hand. With the lizard in front of her and Zoo behind her, she has nowhere she can safely step away.
    Spoiler: Snips
    Show
    Snips took only two strikes from claws, and that is 5 damage she didn't suffer. Thanks for the reminder. However, this reminds me that EVERYONE is suffering miss chance right now because of the concealment of the yellow fog. Thanks for that reminder, too.

Next, the fumble ... you are considered sickened (as well as shaken), and you don't know the duration as your left hand has that horrible, paradoxical mix of numbness and pain.

Lastly, she has no idea what this creature is.

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T16:
    The lizard continues its assault, but this time entirely misses.

R2T15: Zoo, what do you do?

Maeni, Corbin, and Bangs delaying; Snips on deck, lizard in the hole ...

Show

Voonith: 16. (60:60).
    Bangs: 8. SHAKEN til beginning R5T16!!! DELAYING!!!
    Snips: 7. SHAKEN til beginning R4T16!!! SICKENED til end R3T7!!!
    * After images talent, so 20% miss chance.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

R2T15: Zoo locks onto one of the leather thongs Snips has on her breastplate that goes around each leg. As he does so, the lizard's long neck darts forth to bite Snips in her left shoulder for 4, and the rough movement with the bite is enough to knock her prone ... but at least now she is shielded by Zoo.

R2T10: Maeni, a wounded Snips is on the ground now in front of you. You can come out of delay to help her, if you wish. Do you do something, or continue to delay?

R2T7: Snips, well, that was a surprise. Okay, you are more wounded than before, but Zoo is now shielding you from the lizard-creature. Whether or not that is acceptable is up to you. You are prone. What do you do?

Corbin and Bangs delaying, Lizard on deck, Zoo in the hole ...

Show

Snips: 7. SHAKEN til beginning R4T16!!! SICKENED til end R3T7!!! PRONE!!!
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

R2T10: Maeni extends her hand to help the wounded Snips, healing her of a whopping 9! "Stand now."
    Spoiler: Maeni
    Show
    Great roll. Snips is still wounded, but no longer in the yellow.

R2T7: As above, it's your turn ... Snips, what do you do?

Corbin and Bangs delaying, Lizard on deck, Zoo in the hole ...

Show

Snips: 7. SHAKEN til beginning R4T16!!! SICKENED til end R3T7!!! PRONE!!!
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

R2T7: Snips wants to slam her elbow into the thing to stagger it, but now Zoo is blocking her way to her quarry, and she can no longer see it (only Zoo in front of her and Maeni behind her). Snips at least stands, though she still is dealing with the fear of the creature privately.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T16: Zoo and the lizard snap at each other. It throws a claw wildly at Zoo, hurting its claw a little against the wall (superficially). A second claw barely scores Zoo for 2 (min), whereas the third claw hits hard for 4 (max), and the last claw does moderately (3) ... three blows landing against Zoo despite the fog.

R3T15: Dire duel to the death with these animal-like creatures. Zoo, you are facing off against this thing. What do you do?

Corbin and Bangs delaying, Maeni on deck, Snips in the hole ...

Show

Maeni: 10. Penumbra (on piece of rubble, in pocket). SHAKEN til beginning R4T16!!!
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

R3T15: Zoo lets out an angry rumble from his throat. He plants himself between Snips and the beast and strikes, hitting with only the gore hitting for 10. He thinks he should have hit with the second hoof, but the damn yellow mist fouled his strike.

R3T10: Maeni, what do you do? You can only see Snips in front of you (and Corbin behind you).

Corbin and Bangs delaying, Snips (shaken and sickened) on deck, lizard-thing in the hole ...

Show

Voonith: 16. (50:60).
    Maeni: 10. Penumbra (on piece of rubble, in pocket). SHAKEN til beginning R4T16!!!
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

R3T10: "Bring it its end!" Carrying on her spellcasting frenzy, Maeni gives as much moral support as she can to her words.

Corbin and Bangs continue to delay ...

R3T7: Maeni's spell doesn't get rid of Snips' fear, but she does feel that her fear is feeding her fury. She does still feel pain (sickened), though. Does she do anything, or delay?

Lizard-creature on deck, Zoo in the hole ...

Show

Voonith: 16. (50:60).
    * Swallow your fear for 10 minutes! While under fear effect, +2 morale bonus to STR & CON, +1 morale to WILL, and -2 penalty to AC.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

R3T7: "לַחֲזוֹר!" Snips said, touching Zoo and flowing him to her. She then moved forward and slammed it with her elbow for 9. Though she is enjoying feeding off her fear, now she is also no longer feeling any pain, either (no longer sickened).

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T16:
    The creature reels from the blow, but does not yield its ground.

R4T15: Zoo, you just got fwooshed around. It takes you a second to realize - when you look at Maeni - that somehow Snips transported you and took your place. Do you delay or do anything?
    Spoiler
    Show
    You do not know the current status or success of the lizard or Snips' last attack.

Maeni on deck, Corbin and Bangs delaying, Snips in the hole ...

Show

Voonith: 16. (41:60). STAGGERED til beginning R4T7!!!
    Snips: 7. SHAKEN til beginning R4T16!!!
    * Swallow your fear for 10 minutes! While under fear effect, +2 morale bonus to STR & CON, +1 morale to WILL, and -2 penalty to AC.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

R4T15: Still battered and a bit confused at his sudden translocation, Zoo groggily dismisses his dog form. "We should fall back! The beast is strong and shrouded in fog. We need it in the open or we need to fill the hall with fire."

His piece said, Zoo transforms again into the armed dog and extends his claws, though Zoo is suffering from pain from the transformation. However, he is no longer affected by fear. Neither for that matter, is Maeni, Corbin, or Snips.

R4T14: Hearing Zoo's words, Bangs moves towards the exit, but only to the extent that the rope becomes taut ... which means he only moves 5' to the south. He is still suffering from his fear of the fell noise, and now he no longer sees any ally but the rope going into the yellow mist.

R4T10: Maeni is no longer scared. Zoo is in front of her, Corbin behind. Zoo is wounded. What does Maeni do?

Corbin delaying, Snips on deck, lizard-creature in the hole ...

Show

Zoo: 15. Medium dog form: Animalistic transformation, extra limbs (arms), hooves. SICKENED til end R5T15!!!
    Bangs: 14. SHAKEN til beginning R5T16!!!
    Corbin: 9. Loaded. DELAYING!!!
    Snips: 7.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

R4T10: "I'm standing back Zoo, let's move!" Maeni moves to let Zoo breathe and waits there. However, she only moved south 10'. She moved well past Corbin (10') to Bangs, but unable to stay in the same square as the healer (because she is tethered to Corbin as well as Bangs), she only ended up moving 10' south. Corbin is immediately to the north, and Bangs immediately to the south, and a wall on both sides.

Corbin is currently delaying. The space immediately in front of him is clear, and Maeni is behind him now. Also, the rope that was attached to Snips is at Maeni's feet, sorta dragging in Corbin's square ... Snips is no longer attached for some reason.

R4T7: Snips, what do you do? Lizard-thing in front of you, Zoo behind you, and a call from Bangs to withdraw. You do recognize now that the Small-sized lizard's claws wouldn't catch you on a withdraw, but you are sure that its ridiculously long, sinuous neck would (10' reach). Also, because your fear left you, you no longer have anything to "feed off of" from Maeni's spell (so your stats are normal again).

Lizard on deck, Zoo in the hole ...

Show

Zoo: 15. Medium dog form: Animalistic transformation, extra limbs (arms), hooves. SICKENED til end R5T15!!!
    Bangs: 14. SHAKEN til beginning R5T16!!!
    Show

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

R4T7: The creature is no longer staggered. Snips took a deep breath and readied her left fist. She was slightly out of breath, but she needed to stay put until Zoo pulled out. Once it struck, she would be ready. Her mind fills with martial inspiration.

End Round 5, Begin Round 6 ...

R5T16:
    Bangs no longer feels fear. As Snips is in her trance, the lizard's neck snaps out at her and Snips react with a striking block - not enough to hurt it, but enough to deflect its bite. A claw scrapes off of her armor before another scrapes her neck for 2. She deflects the next two claws.

R5T15: Zoo, you just saw Snips take a light hit on the neck, even if the creature's head withdrew back into the mist away from your sight. Nobody is standing behind you. What do you do?

Bangs on deck, Maeni in the hole ...

Show

Voonith: 16. (41:60).
    Bangs: 14.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

R5T15: Zoo extends his arms to lift Snips on to his back. Snips isn't willing, so Zoo backs away from the beast to give Snips a chance to run. He passes Corbin, Maeni, and Bangs, and keeps going until he ends his movement just outside the smaller hallway, entering into the larger hallway to the south.

R5T14: Bangs, you don't know how Snips is doing, but Zoo - visibly wounded - just passed you and continued beyond your sight (only 5' either way) to the south. The person you are tethered to - Corbin - must be 10' from you because you don't see him and the line is taut. Meanwhile, Maeni is between you and Corbin (she was originally tethered to Corbin from the front of the group). What do you do?

Maeni on deck, Corbin delaying, Snips in the hole ...

Show

Bangs: 14.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

R5T14: Bangs delays where he is, though he will resist if Corbin starts pulling him into the fog. He doesn't feel comfortable abandoning Snips in the fog. He is nervously checking his collective to make sure that she can still be felt, but realizes he has no control over everyone else's perception ... merely that he can sense he is connected to the others.

R5T10: Maeni, what do you do? Corbin, who was your tie-off partner to the back, is now to the north of you, and Bangs - Corbin's tie-off partner is to your south. Bangs seems to just be standing there. The rope that was leading to Snips is slack and you feel only the slightest bit of tension from it.

Corbin delaying, Snips on deck, Lizard in the hole ...

Show

Bangs: 14. DELAYING!!!
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

R5T10: Maeni moves back forward of Corbin (which "fixes" any snarl that might end up happening with the rope), keeping a clear view to be ready to throw fire at the creature. "Be sure to move to the side, Zoo! Fire incoming!"

But then she remembered that Zoo did pass her, so in the confusion of the mist she lets loose with a fire arc. Instead of a lizard-like scream, she hears the scream of a woman and a hissing noise.
    Spoiler: Snips
    Show
    Snips, Maeni threw you off when she used Zoo's name and you take the full 8 fire. Whether because you shielded it or because the small lizard is fast, it only took 4 fire.

Corbin is delaying...

R5T7: Snips frowns ... and grimaces in pain. She was certain she could annihilate this thing if she could only see past it. Still, Zoo had fallen back and her job as pointsman was over, so she too retreats, using the fog to actually help her this time. She moves 10' to pass Maeni, then Corbin, another 10' to pass Bangs, and about 15' further south. She sees the hallway just open up (in the mist) past her, but she's not quite there yet. Zoo is just south of her now.

End Round 5, Begin Round 6 ...

R6T16:
    Maeni sees a strange creature coming out of the fog ... a small lizard with a very long neck and six short, muscular legs ... and it is charging her! It pounces on her, bringing all of its weapons to bear. With her mage armor long since expired, its clumsy bite just manages to get her in her groin for 5. Maeni just barely manages to keep her feet. Its claws all come in as well. The fog does nothing to protect her as three claws hit her for a total of 9.

Everyone hears Maeni scream in terrible pain, and Corbin sees it. Maeni is still standing, but only barely.

R6T15: Zoo, you hear Maeni's plaintive cries down the hall, even as you see Snips hustling towards you (just in front of you in the foggy corridor). What do you do?

Bangs delaying, Maeni on deck, Corbin delaying, Snips in the hole ...

Show

Voonith: 16. (37:60). Charging!
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

R6T15: Zoo reluctantly positions himself at the corner of the hallway's entrance and prepares to attack the beast if it follows. Zoo gives a loud woof hoping to draw the thing's attention.

Bangs delaying ...

R6T10: Maeni, you were just savaged by this thing, whatever it is. You can't take another good claw hit or two without dropping. It is right in front of you, and Corbin is right behind you. Other than yellow mist and walls, that is all you see. What do you do?

Corbin delaying, Snips on deck, Lizard in the hole ...

Show

Voonith: 16. (37:60). Charging!
    Show