New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: League Of Legends LXVII: "MY PICK'EMS!"

Quote Originally Posted by Reinboom View Post
    What would be a rather lengthy set of commands relative to the host computer for purchasing boots of speed only ever records the input of "RequestBuyItem: 1001"
    Out of curiosity, do camera-moving commands register server-side? I'm curious if this tool used as replay tech would allow a player to see what they were looking at when things happened (and thus possibly help them notice patterns in their camera use that might be harmful to their general play), or if that level of replay feature isn't possible.

Not sure how useful that feature would be save to people REALLY looking into all the minutia of their gameplay, but...

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    Out of curiosity, do camera-moving commands register server-side? I'm curious if this tool used as replay tech would allow a player to see what they were looking at when things happened (and thus possibly help them notice patterns in their camera use that might be harmful to their general play), or if that level of replay feature isn't possible.

Not sure how useful that feature would be save to people REALLY looking into all the minutia of their gameplay, but...
    Camera location is stored, but it's not actively recorded. Camera location is only used so that the server can be allowed to throw away sending you some things.
    e.g. It's used to let the server opt out of sending you on-hit particles or (most) spellcasts from top lane when you're squarely focused on bottom lane.

This would be a bad thing to repeat.

3. - Top - End - #693

Quote Originally Posted by Reinboom View Post
    *snip*
    Makes sense. Camera location on replays is definitely a super-niche thing as well, so I don't think there's much lost by lacking that feature.

This would be a bad thing to repeat.
    Got it.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Bugbear in the Playground

Idea for a Malphite change:

Spoiler
    Show
    As is, Malphite is fairly not very fun to play as or against. You have a point and click slow, a mediocre AD steroid with an off-brand Tiamat, an attack speed slow with only a little damage, and an ult that is admittedly one of the best in the game.

The problem he has is that in any game, he's essentially an ult bot; either you hit your ult and are effective, or you whiff it/it gets dodged and you are ineffective. You have minor damage, but nothing that's going to make someone want to hit you after you've used your ult.

This is actually fine! You shouldn't have to have damage to be a threat to someone. However, what if we removed the attack speed slow from his E and replaced it with the new(ish) grounded CC?

Suddenly, it makes much more sense to attempt to keep him off of you. If you can't flash out, all of a sudden it's worth a lot more to you to attack him.

Unfortunately, he's currently sitting at a 52% winrate in plat+ ranked, so it's unlikely this change will happen.

TL;DR: Replace attack speed slow on E with the Grounded CC.
    Last edited by McDouggal; 2017-02-23 at 11:24 PM.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

5. - Top - End - #695

I'd be hesitant to give a spammable way to ground people to someone who can also steal your speed - seems like you might end up with one of those champions that you can just never escape. And raising the cooldown really effects him in a number of lane matchups.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ogre in the Playground

Malphite's E is actually really vital to his ability to both dunk on AD carries, and also be an excellent duelist and counter-matchup to AA-based fighters in the top lane. His E is the s reason he gets picked into the match-ups/teams he gets picked in to, basically.

I also think you're severely underrating how much damage he does. Malphite hurts. A lot. He pays for it by not having non-ultimate hard CC, but his various debuffs, soft-CC, and reasonable sustained damage output makes him a threat. I think the problem with Malphite isn't that he's an ult-bot or that his strengths/weaknesses are off-kilter, it's just that he's a fairly one-dimensional champion to play. His niche is strongly established, he has clear strong matchups (heavy AD, especially heavy AA-based comps) and weaker matchups (heavy AP) unlike some other champions (*cough*Maokai*cough*), it's just that 70% of the brainpower required to play him occurs when you draft him in champion select, not actually expressed in game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    I'd be hesitant to give a spammable way to ground people to someone who can also steal your speed - seems like you might end up with one of those champions that you can just never escape. And raising the cooldown really effects him in a number of lane matchups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    Malphite's E is actually really vital to his ability to both dunk on AD carries, and also be an excellent duelist and counter-matchup to AA-based fighters in the top lane. His E is the s reason he gets picked into the match-ups/teams he gets picked in to, basically.

I also think you're severely underrating how much damage he does. Malphite hurts. A lot. He pays for it by not having non-ultimate hard CC, but his various debuffs, soft-CC, and reasonable sustained damage output makes him a threat. I think the problem with Malphite isn't that he's an ult-bot or that his strengths/weaknesses are off-kilter, it's just that he's a fairly one-dimensional champion to play. His niche is strongly established, he has clear strong matchups (heavy AD, especially heavy AA-based comps) and weaker matchups (heavy AP) unlike some other champions (*cough*Maokai*cough*), it's just that 70% of the brainpower required to play him occurs when you draft him in champion select, not actually expressed in game.
    I actually think this proves his E needs to be changed even more. I think the main reason he's popular is because Nasus' Wither got nerfed. Malphite's effectively got half an exhaust in his kit between his Q & E.

IMHO, I'd play up his "unstoppable force" aspect, trading damage for the inevitability of being able to shake him. Give his ult the same rider that they gave Zed, so his kills or assists "reap" Movement speed from the enemy team. Give the E a grounded effect, so he's a mobile zone of grounding, which is more universally useful, but without the issues that Poppy's grounding has. His kit, in general, wants him to build a Frozen heart - CDR, Mana, Armor - so he'll already be a walking form of AS slow, so having it baked in seems excessive.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't understand your reasoning. "Malphite is too unique, therefore we should make him more generic?"

The fact that he's popular because he brings something unique to the table that no one else does is a good thing, not a bad thing. If there's a bad thing about him it's that he's too reliable/binary, and there's room to bring more variance into his kit (besides "miss ult" and "don't miss ult") but the fact that he's uniquely strong into auto-attack heavy comps and matchups isn't a problem in itself. See also: Maokai, the tree-herpes of every tank meta who simply won't go away (unless he's just underpowered) because he does do everything and is generically useful in every case.

Poppy already has her place as the "no-mobility zone of threat-ejection", I'm not sure if there's a need for a grounding mechanic on another Tank anyway. Plus Nautilus' identity as the "inevitable force of You Do Not Leave Until I Say You Can Leave" which a Grounding initiator would eat into.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2017-02-24 at 03:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Titan in the Playground

I think Malphite is a lot of fun to play as, and is pretty much just fine. He isn't impossible to deal with, but brings something valuable to the table regardless. If you are lightning fast you can dodge his ult. Or if you are simply smart, you can reduce the ult's impact by staying spread out and having no one be entirely squishy.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I have a technical question.
    Recently I decided to pick LoL up again, but forgot my username, so I clicked the corresponding button and entered my email adress, but I didn't receive an answer.
    After a while, just to check, I tried to create a new account, using the same email adress. It worked, but I am rather unhappy as I would of course prefer my old account. Can you create several accounts with the same email adress or do I have a problem now?
    I already sent a ticket to customer support, but you know how long they take...
    What can change the nature of a man?

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn4 View Post
    I have a technical question.
    Recently I decided to pick LoL up again, but forgot my username, so I clicked the corresponding button and entered my email adress, but I didn't receive an answer.
    After a while, just to check, I tried to create a new account, using the same email adress. It worked, but I am rather unhappy as I would of course prefer my old account. Can you create several accounts with the same email adress or do I have a problem now?
    I already sent a ticket to customer support, but you know how long they take...
    It won't let you create another account with the email address. Check your spam folder and junk mail settings, your email account may have auto-deleted it.

HOWEVER, depending on how long it has been since you played, there have been a couple times where Riot has cleaned out accounts that were inactive for extended periods of time. Your old account may have been cleaned. But if that's what happened then it should let you create a new account with that email.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2017-02-24 at 06:14 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

12. - Top - End - #702

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    It won't let you create another account with the email address. Check your spam folder and junk mail settings, your email account may have auto-deleted it.

HOWEVER, depending on how long it has been since you played, there have been a couple times where Riot has cleaned out accounts that were inactive for extended periods of time. Your old account may have been cleaned. But if that's what happened then it should let you create a new account with that email.
    Already checked for spam mails.
    So if they auto-deleted, all my skins and stuff are gone? I would really hate that.

13. - Top - End - #703

So if they auto-deleted, all my skins and stuff are gone? I would really hate that.
    How long ago did you last play, and what level were you?

Before account cleanup I believe you have 6 months + 1 additional month for each level the account is above 6. Even then, all that SHOULD happen is that your account will need to be assigned a new Summoner Name: your login name and all your purchased content remains.

Are you sure you're using the right e-mail? Because that's really odd.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ettin in the Playground

Not just spam but junk email settings as well.

People have had them classified as 'junk' and if you have no retain settings on flagged emails some providers auto-delete junk email instantly.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

15. - Top - End - #705

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    How long ago did you last play, and what level were you?

Before account cleanup I believe you have 6 months + 1 additional month for each level the account is above 6. Even then, all that SHOULD happen is that your account will need to be assigned a new Summoner Name: your login name and all your purchased content remains.

Are you sure you're using the right e-mail? Because that's really odd.
    It's been a few years since playing...
    I just checked, it's definitely the right email adress.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ettin in the Playground

It's been a few years since playing...
    I just checked, it's definitely the right email adress.
    Yeah if its been that long then Riot support is probably your best bet.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

17. - Top - End - #707
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: G2 vs Unicorns
    Show

Omg hilarious start from a guy with a horn on his head

Spoiler: IEM
    Show

International tournaments are kinda boring there days though, especially with Korea constantly and eternaly winning.
    Last edited by lord_khaine; 2017-02-26 at 06:54 PM.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

18. - Top - End - #708

Show
    I'm honestly disappointed G2 managed to beat their 13-game loss streak against non-wildcard teams at international events. The memes and salt were never ending.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thracian View Post
    Show
    I'm honestly disappointed G2 managed to beat their 13-game loss streak against non-wildcard teams at international events. The memes and salt were never ending.
    Don't worry.

Spoiler: IEM Finals
    Show
    They still choked in the finals.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

20. - Top - End - #710

Cho's getting a change in patch 7.4.

TL;DR: Feast stacks are now permanent. Feast can stack infinitely, however, you can only get 5 feast stacks from minions and non-epic monsters. Each feast stack is also less health.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McDouggal View Post
    Cho's getting a change in patch 7.4.

TL;DR: Feast stacks are now permanent. Feast can stack infinitely, however, you can only get 5 feast stacks from minions and non-epic monsters. Each feast stack is also less health.
    Hm. I don't understand why you'd potentially want to hold off on grabbing your five minion stacks? They're not worth any more later on, and the heal isn't very much.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #712

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Hm. I don't understand why you'd potentially want to hold off on grabbing your five minion stacks? They're not worth any more later on, and the heal isn't very much.
    I think the idea is that if you wanted to devour your lane opponent, you wouldn't worry about wasting a minionable stack slot.
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Because now there is no longer a cooldown reduction for killing the target - feasting a minion puts it on the full 80 second cooldown. In laning phase especially that is a long window for your opponent to take advantage of or for you to miss out on getting a champion stack.

And yes, they ARE worth more later - 80/110/140 as you level up ult.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2017-02-28 at 12:53 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

24. - Top - End - #714

I think what Qwerty is trying to say is that Feast stacks acquired later are not worth more than ones acquired earlier, not that Feast stacks don't scale with rank.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thracian View Post
    I think what Qwerty is trying to say is that Feast stacks acquired later are not worth more than ones acquired earlier, not that Feast stacks don't scale with rank.
    No, they're not worth more, but you can get a total of 5 stacks from minions regardless of the amount of other stacks, so there is no real incentive to get minion stacks immediately given the now long cooldown. Plenty of time to wait a bit, hopefully get some champ stacks, and get some minion stacks before recalls and whatnot to reduce the in-lane time with no ult and you have some CDR to reduce the non-ult window.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2017-02-28 at 03:04 AM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

26. - Top - End - #716

Played a game with new Cho'Gath tonight.

Initial impressions: He's better. He definitely plays mostly the same, but the ult change makes you play a bit more aggressive in the jungle because getting stacked off of monsters is no longer the optional way to achieve stacks.

You still have one of the best dragon/baron secures in the game - I'd argue only surpassed by Nunu or a Kalista who has had a chance to turn it into a porcupine.

If you get ahead, you pretty much permanently stay ahead, and because you're Cho'Gath, you're still a threat that has to be respected. The amount of damage you can do to a squishy is frankly ridiculous.

I missed four stacks of feast and didn't have two of the minion/monster stacks, and I was still an unkillable thing. I stood and laughed at a Caitlyn with Janna shield for a good ten seconds and barely lost a third of my health, then went back and bought Warden's Mail.

It'll be interesting to see how this change affects him. I think it's gonna be a pretty clear buff; one of his problems before was if his team was behind her had no bonus tank stats because he'd be dying and losing stacks. And killing him no longer makes him squishier if he was ahead.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by McDouggal View Post
    Played a game with new Cho'Gath tonight.

Initial impressions: He's better. He definitely plays mostly the same, but the ult change makes you play a bit more aggressive in the jungle because getting stacked off of monsters is no longer the optional way to achieve stacks.

You still have one of the best dragon/baron secures in the game - I'd argue only surpassed by Nunu or a Kalista who has had a chance to turn it into a porcupine.

If you get ahead, you pretty much permanently stay ahead, and because you're Cho'Gath, you're still a threat that has to be respected. The amount of damage you can do to a squishy is frankly ridiculous.

I missed four stacks of feast and didn't have two of the minion/monster stacks, and I was still an unkillable thing. I stood and laughed at a Caitlyn with Janna shield for a good ten seconds and barely lost a third of my health, then went back and bought Warden's Mail.

It'll be interesting to see how this change affects him. I think it's gonna be a pretty clear buff; one of his problems before was if his team was behind her had no bonus tank stats because he'd be dying and losing stacks. And killing him no longer makes him squishier if he was ahead.
    Its good to see cho-gath getting rework. He was one of few remaining classic champions who remained the same throughout the game.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I'm really sad they're capping the reworks only at 3. I know there will be some minor stuff coming too (they mentioned some Amumu stuff as well as the upcoming Galio VGU, and an eventual Malphite VGU), but calling it a "tank rework" and stopping at 3 seems... a bit of a waste, when we have over 130 champions...

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    No, they're not worth more, but you can get a total of 5 stacks from minions regardless of the amount of other stacks, so there is no real incentive to get minion stacks immediately given the now long cooldown. Plenty of time to wait a bit, hopefully get some champ stacks, and get some minion stacks before recalls and whatnot to reduce the in-lane time with no ult and you have some CDR to reduce the non-ult window.
    I can certainly see how he's going to benefit with them putting more CDR on the various tank items. I can also see the occasional AP Cho'Gaths going up the tree to try to get that extra 5% CDR and try to cap him out at 45% CDR and Storm Raiders cheese.

29. - Top - End - #719

Quote Originally Posted by Vogie View Post
    I'm really sad they're capping the reworks only at 3. I know there will be some minor stuff coming too (they mentioned some Amumu stuff as well as the upcoming Galio VGU, and an eventual Malphite VGU), but calling it a "tank rework" and stopping at 3 seems... a bit of a waste, when we have over 130 champions...
    I'd MUCH rather have three well-done reworks than five or six rushed ones. Saying "we're defining these three as the 'new' style of tank" works fine, since they've also mentioned a pass on tank items in general. Then you can take a patch or two to see how other tanks are adapting, and target specific future reworks from there.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

30. - Top - End - #720
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm pretty torn. On one hand, I rather they do more since it'll likely be a long while before we see another sweep on tanks. On the other hand, the shotgun style rework sweep has historically gone poorly.
    DnD Me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer/Rogue (1st/1st Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-12
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-15
    Wisdom-11
    Charisma-13