New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: League Of Legends LXVII: "MY PICK'EMS!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    The difference now is that in hard matchups he can rush tear -> hexdrinker and farm it out for his manamune and ghostblade, without sacrificing the 'window' during which early pen buys are strongest. It definitely swings his power more towards the mid-late game, but I don't think it'll cause him to be too vulnerable in the early game.
    I mean that will make him safer in lane, but a tear-hexdrinker means his early game is going to be even weaker than it already was, I feel like he's just going to be giving up way too much to a competent AP mid laner before he really gets on line.

And of course with new Zed you just straight up can't pick Varus mid first.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

QSS is an item with that defense that only builds into something useful for marksmen, it's pretty terrible for assassins much less classes that don't use damage. And banshees is fine, but is pure defense. The point of the new item isn't to give out multiple spellshields (I'd be extremely surprised if they even stacked), but to give a few more options for that spellshield so that it's available as a defense option for different types of characters without unfairly burdening some classes.
    Well yeah, that more means there is a problem with QSS building into something offensive, instead of something defensive that everyone can use.
    Its not really a tradeoff when you can still get your favorite stat along with the defence.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    I mean that will make him safer in lane, but a tear-hexdrinker means his early game is going to be even weaker than it already was, I feel like he's just going to be giving up way too much to a competent AP mid laner before he really gets on line.

I mean, Varus' current state is as a counterpick into mid-range control mages, not as a first pick, and I never made the claim that itemization changes would make his laning better or let him win more match-ups or make him first-pickable into every game, so I don't know how that's really relevant.

I said the itemization changes will make Varus scale more favorably, which is good for him because the necessity of Tear rush already puts him behind on the Flat Pen race.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2016-10-20 at 06:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Well yeah, that more means there is a problem with QSS building into something offensive, instead of something defensive that everyone can use.
    Its not really a tradeoff when you can still get your favorite stat along with the defence.
    I'd argue it is, as you COULD get your favorite stat along with any of the the following instead:

• More AD, increased Crit chance, bonus Crit damage.
    • More AD, more lifesteal, built-in shield.
    • More AD, CDR, and mana restoration.

The fact that we aren't seeing Mercurial Scimitar every game does imply to me that it's at least roughly balanced, and that there IS a tradeoff.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Speaking of being a Miss Fortune main:

[NEW] UNIQUE Passive - Nightstalker: After being unseen for at least 1 second, your next basic attack will deal 50 + (200% Lethality) true damage on-hit.

[NEW] Fresh Blood (Ferocity, Tier 2) - [Pic]
    "Your first basic attack against a champion deals an additional 10+ 1 per level damage (6 second cooldown)"

[NEW] Greenfather's Gift (Cunning, Tier 4)
    "Stepping into brush causes your next damaging attack or ability to deal 3% of your target's current health as bonus magic damage (9s Cooldown)"

[love tapping intensifies]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    I mean, Varus' current state is as a counterpick into mid-range control mages, not as a first pick, and I never made the claim that itemization changes would make his laning better or let him win more match-ups or make him first-pickable into every game, so I don't know how that's really relevant.

I said the itemization changes will make Varus scale more favorably, which is good for him because the necessity of Tear rush already puts him behind on the Flat Pen race.
    It's relevant because he's already weak early game, and now he's going to be even WEAKER in matchups he was picked into. Sure, his scaling is more favorable, but now he's going to take even longer to come on-line, and with the state of the game that means he's probably going to be even less useful than he is now. Scaling only helps if you have time to scale, and he's going to need even more time now. His final build is going to be better, but that still requires him to get there first.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-10-20 at 08:04 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

The fact that we aren't seeing Mercurial Scimitar every game does imply to me that it's at least roughly balanced, and that there IS a tradeoff.
    Is that then not an argument for that we dont need any further CC defence items?

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

That's the main issue with Varus currently... however, I could totally see Riot adjust a couple numbers and make Varus an AP (or Hybrid) Marksman. Then he could be a halfway-decent counter to Zed, as there wouldn't be much AD to steal, and rushing Seekers into Hourglass (Didn't someone do that during the LCS as item 6 instead of GA anyway?)

I never played much Varus, but as he stands now, I wonder if rushing Essence Reaver or Hextech GLP would be better-suited than Tear...

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Is that then not an argument for that we dont need any further CC defence items?
    Not really. Before there was Scimitar we still had both BV and QSS - one passive and one active firm of CC-cancelling. Then they added Scimitar, for another active one. It didn't really shift things all that much, as far as I'm aware - most of the characters that would like it still prefer to spend the gold on pure offense. Now we get EoN. Will anyone buy it? Open question, but the form of the ability will be much less of a hair-trigger, which should help.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #70
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vogie View Post
    I never played much Varus, but as he stands now, I wonder if rushing Essence Reaver or Hextech GLP would be better-suited than Tear...
    Essence Reaver is alright if you're playing marksman Varus rather than AD Caster Varus. On AD Caster Varus it delays core damage spikes way further than Tear does, and you don't tend to build crit until very late if ever.

GLP on Varus is not a thing.
    Last edited by thracian; 2016-10-21 at 09:13 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Colossus in the Playground

So I just received an invitation from Riot to participate in Ragnarök, Nordic Championships and Challenger Series Qualifiers. "As one of the top Nordic players..." The perplexing part for me is that I haven't played a single Ranked game since 2016 and last time I don't think I bothered to climb above D5. Did just every Diamond+ Nordic get an invite or something?
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

12. - Top - End - #72

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    So I just received an invitation from Riot to participate in Ragnarök, Nordic Championships and Challenger Series Qualifiers. "As one of the top Nordic players..." The perplexing part for me is that I haven't played a single Ranked game since 2016 and last time I don't think I bothered to climb above D5. Did just every Diamond+ Nordic get an invite or something?
    Honestly? I wouldn't be TOO surprised if that is the case. I'm not sure how big the Diamond+ player pool is in the Nordic server region. *shrug*

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

13. - Top - End - #73

Kobold

Ah, yes, Bork, the item Tahm always prays you forgot about.

Had a delightful moment in ARAM today where I was Zilean, and after missing a bomb throw, managed to cast speedup, attach it to myself, and close the distance enough to flash between two retreating enemies for a double kill.
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

It might be rather small? i do know that a very large percentage of the nordic players i know migrated to west as soon as the opportunity arose.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

All right, Semifinals today!!

I kind of feel like whoever wins today is going to take it all. But it still should be a good game.

Side note - they have the twitter voting with the #Xwin - is there actually any place that you can view pick em stats for what % of people chose what team to win before the game? I mean you can pull up anybody's bracket individually but is there any aggregate of everybody's picks?

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Did you mean haven't played since 2015? It's still 2016.

Most likely they did some kind of formula that pulled players based on their performance over the last 2-3 seasons, to make sure they scooped up any players that may have switched main accounts since being in Challenger/High diamond in a previous season.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

All right, Semifinals today!!

I kind of feel like whoever wins today is going to take it all. But it still should be a good game.
    Yeah, the gameplay here is just a level above anything else we have seen so far.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: ROX vs SKT game 1
    Show
    Really low kill game, SKT just had better map rotations and pressure. Then at the end ROX just hesitated WAY too long on the dragon, then committed to a fight after it went over to SKT.

3 infernal dragons and ROX still couldn't win late, this doesn't bode well for them in this series.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: ROX vs SKT game 1
    Show
    Really low kill game, SKT just had better map rotations and pressure. Then at the end ROX just hesitated WAY too long on the dragon, then committed to a fight after it went over to SKT.

3 infernal dragons and ROX still couldn't win late, this doesn't bode well for them in this series.
    Spoiler: ROX vs SKT Game 2 Champion Select - WHAT THE ****
    Show
    Wait what the ****!??!?!?! Support Miss Fortune?!?!?!?!?!

I mean she does have good harass with her passive and at 6 the double ult is probably a kill, but I seriously question this late game.

Maybe he's just going to build a black cleaver and AOE shred?

Whoops that was supposed to be an edit not a post. Eh, whatever.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-10-21 at 06:40 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

20. - Top - End - #80

Spoiler: ROX vs. SKT Game 2
    Show
    wut. whitetext
    Last edited by thracian; 2016-10-21 at 06:42 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: ROX vs SKT Game 2 Champion Select - WHAT THE ****
    Show
    Wait what the ****!??!?!?! Support Miss Fortune?!?!?!?!?!

I mean she does have good harass with her passive and at 6 the double ult is probably a kill, but I seriously question this late game.

Maybe he's just going to build a black cleaver and AOE shred?

Whoops that was supposed to be an edit not a post. Eh, whatever.
    Every one of my "off-meta" support champs suddenly became acceptable when this is the standard.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

22. - Top - End - #82
    Colossus in the Playground

It might be rather small? i do know that a very large percentage of the nordic players i know migrated to west as soon as the opportunity arose.
    Ah, I'm on EUW. Apparently they sent it to people from both servers.

Did you mean haven't played since 2015? It's still 2016.

Most likely they did some kind of formula that pulled players based on their performance over the last 2-3 seasons, to make sure they scooped up any players that may have switched main accounts since being in Challenger/High diamond in a previous season.
    I suppose that makes sense. I'm still perplexed that someone who's D1 is like two years back is getting these invites. Well, whatever, I suppose they just want to ensure nobody potentially interested gets left out. Hell, if this were some years back I'd jump at the opportunity.

Spoiler: ROX vs SKT
    Show
    Well, holy ****. MF support punishes micro mispositioning real hard it turns out. That game was brilliant by ROX. I honestly feel they should've been able to win G1 too if they didn't give that free catch for no reason; at this point I'm expecting ROX to win. I think they're showing smarter play and that tends to be the thing in Bo5s.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Post SKT vs ROX
    Show
    All right SKT comes back.

I feel like ROX pulled those 2 wins not really because Fortune is such a great support, but because it threw SKT off their rhythm and they couldn't adapt.

Then games 4 and 5 were basically standard league games, and SKT got back in their comfort zone of 'normal' and just outplayed ROX.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

24. - Top - End - #84

Hey, Djinn, I think I just played against you in ranked. It's fun and a little surprising seeing somebody you recognize, when it's mostly just faceless pubs.

25. - Top - End - #85

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Epinephrine_Syn View Post
    Hey, Djinn, I think I just played against you in ranked. It's fun and a little surprising seeing somebody you recognize, when it's mostly just faceless pubs.
    I matched against my brother once, though it was in normals. It was really funny that it took him until ~10 minutes in to realize it was me swooping out of the jungle into his lane.

(My team may have gotten crushed thanks to the mid lane LeBlanc roaming well, but oh well.)
    DM's Guild Work

5e Homebrew: The Circle of Progress, a druid circle about becoming a transformer - Winner of 5e Subclass Contest 1 - "It's Technical"

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Only time I recall anything like that happening was when ten Mumblers went into matchmade Draft Dominions.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: SKT vs. ROX
    Show
    Okay. I didn't wathc the games, but I'm confused. How the hell did MF support happen, and how was it good enough to draw a ban and win two games? And who thought of that? I need inside knowledge!
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

28. - Top - End - #88

Quote Originally Posted by Ivellius View Post
    I matched against my brother once, though it was in normals. It was really funny that it took him until ~10 minutes in to realize it was me swooping out of the jungle into his lane.

(My team may have gotten crushed thanks to the mid lane LeBlanc roaming well, but oh well.)
    Yeah, I didn't recognize him even though the name was pretty blatant until about 30 minutes into the game. Also my IGN changed, and not even sure he knows me much/at all.

It was a cool moment, though, and I feel guilty about that fb gank on him now. His split pushing was good though.
    Last edited by Epinephrine_Syn; 2016-10-21 at 11:14 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Only time I recall anything like that happening was when ten Mumblers went into matchmade Draft Dominions.
    Zach, Paulson and I got sniped once by another GITP team in ranked 3s. I think it was efdf's team, if I recall correctly.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2016-10-21 at 11:34 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Spoiler: SKT vs. ROX
    Show
    Okay. I didn't wathc the games, but I'm confused. How the hell did MF support happen, and how was it good enough to draw a ban and win two games? And who thought of that? I need inside knowledge!
    Spoiler: SKT ROX games 2-3
    Show
    Turns out when Ashe can lay down multi-second stuns and MF can lay down an ultimate, you can snipe Zyra a lot.