New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: League Of Legends LXVII: "MY PICK'EMS!"

Oh man.

Here I was thinking it was going to be near impossible to get Xayah and Rakan in a game, and they go and make it HARDER by making a special icon for playing them?

I really think it should be just for having the two on your team - whether you're playing one of them or not. That way it encourages having the two play together, but is still achievable for non-bot laners, and doesn't make it harder to get the two.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    Oh man.

Here I was thinking it was going to be near impossible to get Xayah and Rakan in a game, and they go and make it HARDER by making a special icon for playing them?

I really think it should be just for having the two on your team - whether you're playing one of them or not. That way it encourages having the two play together, but is still achievable for non-bot laners, and doesn't make it harder to get the two.
    You can get the icon in a bots game, it should be pretty easy.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

3. - Top - End - #873

I'm unsure how to feel about Zac's update.

Spoiler: Zac Update
    Show
    While definitely healthier, it's probably at the expense of a decent amount of his damage and sustain. It's impossible to tell how all this'll impact him without being exact numbers (rito likes doing this thing where they don't show numbers, which makes most serious evaluation worthless until you get said numbers).

His main changes are Q and R. Q now requires you to be in auto range of a target to cc people, but is significantly bigger a CC. Net loss in damage cause it only hits 1 target instead of all in the range. Feels like it's worse, but in a team fight I can see that kinda cc being obnoxious.

His R... it's bizarre. At first I thought it'd be a strict nerf, because no incidental damage after, ability to bounce around and spam cc all over, or increased movespeed. Plus the fact that you generated up to 4 (!) blob lets from it before, and 1 now, which means 3 less blobs. Which is 1 less W cast, and 12% less max hp healing. That's a lot of power he's losing.

Then I learned that his E does, in fact, knock up for a full second, which means baring 'spam my escape for the microsecond I can get out' (cause there's input time between e land and r press), this is actually a pretty goody yoink.

Also, depending on the strength of the slow, Zac might be able to just sit on somebody, press R, and pull them, but the power of this is going to depend entirely on how abusable E-R is.
    Last edited by Epinephrine_Syn; 2017-04-18 at 05:33 PM.

4. - Top - End - #874

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    You can get the icon in a bots game, it should be pretty easy.
    Which will help a bit. But many folks, myself included, don't really play bots - it's just not very enjoyable. And my concern isn't getting the icons, it's being able to pick the new champs.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been saving up for Xayah (and a friend saving for Rakan), but I won't be here for most of this week. This means that sometime between Monday and Wednesday next week I'll need to get Xayah and Rakan in a game for the icon. Even in blind pick (or bots, which runs on the same picking procedure), I feel like there will be other people instalocking either (or both).
    Is there a limit for the icon like I think there is, or can you get the icon any time? Because one week isn't much time to get a chance to play a new champ when everyone else wants to play (or ban) them too...
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

tbh the thing I'm most pumped about for midseason is the Coin change requiring the average Janna main to actually participate in the lane

no more jerking off in the rear brush occasionally pressing E and pretending that counts
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2017-04-18 at 10:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    tbh the thing I'm most pumped about for midseason is the Coin change requiring the average Janna main to actually participate in the lane

no more jerking off in the rear brush occasionally pressing E and pretending that counts
    The problem is that unless they have some mechanic where the coins spawn closer to you (or they have a very large collection radius), the supports that were actually taking coin to begin with are too squishy to risk going very far forward to collect coins off most minions. Thresh already does not collect a decent number of souls because he can't afford the damage, and he's considerably more tanky than most of the coin supports.

So if they balance the item around collecting only a percentage of the coins then they risk tanky melee supports taking coin because they can actually collect most of the coins, while if they balance the item around collecting all the coins then none of the squishy supports will take it because they can't take the harass.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

8. - Top - End - #878

My understanding is that half the coins give you a significant amount of mana* instead of gold, which I think negates that to a significant extent. Most of the squishier supports can trade mana for safety or health (Janna shield, Raka healing herself with Qs, etc)

*I want to say it was 8% of missing mana, but I have no idea where I got that number and I can't find it

9. - Top - End - #879

May sale schedule

Of note: Elementalist Lux is going on its only guaranteed sale, going from ~$30 in RP to ~$20.

Of lesser note (ie, 1350RP): Firecracker Jinx, Pool Party Graves, Star Guardian Lux, and Surprise Party Amumu.

River Spirit Nami is also going on sale.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    My understanding is that half the coins give you a significant amount of mana* instead of gold, which I think negates that to a significant extent. Most of the squishier supports can trade mana for safety or health (Janna shield, Raka healing herself with Qs, etc)

*I want to say it was 8% of missing mana, but I have no idea where I got that number and I can't find it
    That's odd, I thought it was 5%, but I also can't find the number. It may be something they posted then redacted.

Since they're drawing from Thresh for these coin spawns, why not give them a way to grab them at range, like Thresh can siphon off souls with his lantern? Maybe you can soak up coins from a 4 Teemo radius area around a dropped ward?

11. - Top - End - #881
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vogie View Post
    Since they're drawing from Thresh for these coin spawns, why not give them a way to grab them at range, like Thresh can siphon off souls with his lantern? Maybe you can soak up coins from a 4 Teemo radius area around a dropped ward?
    Saw a Red post that indicates that distant minion deaths result in coins flinging themselves partway towards you. Might help a bit.

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Epinephrine_Syn View Post
    I'm unsure how to feel about Zac's update.

Spoiler: Zac Update
    Show
    While definitely healthier, it's probably at the expense of a decent amount of his damage and sustain. It's impossible to tell how all this'll impact him without being exact numbers (rito likes doing this thing where they don't show numbers, which makes most serious evaluation worthless until you get said numbers).

His main changes are Q and R. Q now requires you to be in auto range of a target to cc people, but is significantly bigger a CC. Net loss in damage cause it only hits 1 target instead of all in the range. Feels like it's worse, but in a team fight I can see that kinda cc being obnoxious.

His R... it's bizarre. At first I thought it'd be a strict nerf, because no incidental damage after, ability to bounce around and spam cc all over, or increased movespeed. Plus the fact that you generated up to 4 (!) blob lets from it before, and 1 now, which means 3 less blobs. Which is 1 less W cast, and 12% less max hp healing. That's a lot of power he's losing.

Then I learned that his E does, in fact, knock up for a full second, which means baring 'spam my escape for the microsecond I can get out' (cause there's input time between e land and r press), this is actually a pretty goody yoink.

Also, depending on the strength of the slow, Zac might be able to just sit on somebody, press R, and pull them, but the power of this is going to depend entirely on how abusable E-R is.
    Yeah, this seemed a bit weird to me. Now I am not a Zac player, and so I don't want to give off the impression that I know what I'm talking about in any way. I don't.

But, the few times I played him, the part that really stuck out to me was his ridiculously awesome ult that was just pure fun to work. Seeing that go is mildly disappointing.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Troll in the Playground

Random stuff: Riot, when developing a new character, will use placeholder art.

So, Kled, before he had models, was Gnar riding Hecarim.

For Rakan, the model was Thresh with a giant pink Braum Mustache attached to his back for wings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4imX...ature=youtu.be

14. - Top - End - #884
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    Random stuff: Riot, when developing a new character, will use placeholder art.

So, Kled, before he had models, was Gnar riding Hecarim.

For Rakan, the model was Thresh with a giant pink Braum Mustache attached to his back for wings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4imX...ature=youtu.be
    They did some post on this a while ago (I think shortly after Kled came out). As a Gnar main, I loved Kled's, and I love this one too. They also did one on the placeholder splash art. They called it Feeney art. It's some of the most beautiful art you will ever see.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Titan in the Playground

Does anyone here have experience getting League to run on Linux (Mint)? All I've found so far is a bunch of stuff that claims to work but doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #886
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Does anyone here have experience getting League to run on Linux (Mint)? All I've found so far is a bunch of stuff that claims to work but doesn't.
    I mean you could try - but remember the new client is hitting in just a couple days, you probably want to wait until that hits before you try to get League to work.

I had a friend that did it and he claims that the process outlined here works:

https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.co...nux-march-2016

I do not run Linux myself, though, so I have no idea if its legit or not.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2017-04-21 at 04:06 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

17. - Top - End - #887

It looks like Pulsefire Ezreal is finally going to get a Visual Update.

Also, the leak of a Pulsefire Caitlyn at Legendary level may be confirmed.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

18. - Top - End - #888
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: TSM/C9
    Show

Man, that last game was INTENSE. I was really impressed by Ray's Kled and thought TSM was going to lose, but that deletion of Jensen was absolutely game-breaking.

Not the most clean of games, but each team was just constantly skirmishing; great game to watch.
    Last edited by Joran; 2017-04-23 at 08:50 PM.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    Spoiler: TSM/C9
    Show

Man, that last game was INTENSE. I was really impressed by Ray's Kled and thought TSM was going to lose, but that deletion of Jensen was absolutely game-breaking.

Not the most clean of games, but each team was just constantly skirmishing; great game to watch.
    Spoiler: C9 vs. TSM
    Show
    I'm still trying to figure out why Jensen didn't ult or Zhonya (especially Zhonya) in that last fight. I don't think he got hit with the bubble. He dies to Syndra QWQ plus an Auto from Varus, and possibly one from Camille. I'm thinking that maybe he tried to hit Zhonya's at the exact instant that Camille ult came down. It includes a very short interrupt, so the confusion of Zhonya not going off might have been what killed him.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Spoiler: C9 vs. TSM
    Show
    I'm still trying to figure out why Jensen didn't ult or Zhonya (especially Zhonya) in that last fight. I don't think he got hit with the bubble. He dies to Syndra QWQ plus an Auto from Varus, and possibly one from Camille. I'm thinking that maybe he tried to hit Zhonya's at the exact instant that Camille ult came down. It includes a very short interrupt, so the confusion of Zhonya not going off might have been what killed him.
    I don't think so, I think

Spoiler
    Show
    he was being greedy. He was already below half, when the Ekko stun failed to connect he should have just ulted straight back and tried to re-engage now that Varus ult was down, staying in he just got bursted so fast he couldn't react.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ogre in the Playground

22. - Top - End - #892

Just played a game of Zac where I took 101 minions in my own jungle, but 104 in the enemy jungle. This is what happens when your top wins and your bot loses, I suppose.
    Last edited by thracian; 2017-05-02 at 12:52 AM.

23. - Top - End - #893

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by thracian View Post
    Just played a game of Zac where I took 101 minions in my own jungle, but 104 in the enemy jungle. This is what happens when your top wins and your bot loses, I suppose.
    I love those kind of games.
    DM's Guild Work

5e Homebrew: The Circle of Progress, a druid circle about becoming a transformer - Winner of 5e Subclass Contest 1 - "It's Technical"

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ettin in the Playground

OK, so if I understand correctly, Adaptive Helm effectively reduces all DOT damage by 15% in addition to reducing it against chain-gunners like Ryze and Cass.

So this item's existence is a direct nerf to anybody that relied upon DOTs or multi-hits in their kit. And Azir, if I understand correctly.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2017-05-03 at 06:42 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

25. - Top - End - #895
    Titan in the Playground

Is it that big of a hit though?

Seems it would only be 15% of the dot/multi hit damage. And exclude the first tick. Does seem like at least some of those multi-hit AP champions are also the ones this item is suposed to deal with anyway.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    OK, so if I understand correctly, Adaptive Helm effectively reduces all DOT damage by 15% in addition to reducing it against chain-gunners like Ryze and Cass.

So this item's existence is a direct nerf to anybody that relied upon DOTs or multi-hits in their kit. And Azir, if I understand correctly.
    That's basically it. I'll have to double check, but any channeled abilities are considered a DoT as well, and will also decrease damage against spawned creations like Tibbers... basically, it counters Malzahar's W, E, and R.

But yes, this'll be useful against Teemo, Heimerdinger, Swain, Brand, Zyra, Anyone who builds Liandry's or uses DFT.

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ogre in the Playground

*coughcough* RUMBLE *coughcough*

(I actually also rushed it against a Nautilus top who was the only magic damage dealer in an otherwise all AD comp, since his damage is all repeated damage from WE as well)

New Sejuani seems busted, incidentally. I haven't gotten to try her jungle in a real game, though from what I understand her clear is reasonably fast and ridiculously healthy because of her passive* + monster knockback on W letting her kite camps around like Graves, but with her kit changes she's actually very functional as a top laner, with her added ranged waveclear + harass from the new W and super strong trading potential.

Obviously no one knows how to play against her yet, so I've been smashing lanes a lot harder than I really should be, but there's nothing sadder than watching a Pantheon blow through his entire Corrupting Potion to do... absolutely zero damage to me. Didn't have to use a single potion. The combination of the new Doran's Shield + Sej passive does some pretty disgusting work if you play around it right/the other guy plays around it poorly.

*the real fun interaction is that only large monsters break the passive, meaning you start healing through krugs after you've killed the big one.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2017-05-04 at 10:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

28. - Top - End - #898

I played one game of Sej in the jungle, and would have to agree that she feels overtuned. I maxed E first for the improved stun duration on ganks, but still had a good clear in terms of both health and speed. And ganks were brutal. I could usually manage to tag them with a Q, then use that knockup to get at least partially behind them and bop them towards my laner with W. At that point the E stun is either charged or almost charged. And the passive lets you be pretty aggressive with your gank, even if they're under tower. I was more or less running from lane to lane picking up kills/assists for most of laning phase.

EDIT: Yeah, Riot agrees. Currently planned hotfix is losing 40 health, knocking 10 damage off of her W, and greatly increasing passive cooldown early (15 seconds, scaling back down to 9 seconds). https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.co...thoughts-may-4
    Last edited by Nadevoc; 2017-05-04 at 12:41 PM.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    *coughcough* RUMBLE *coughcough*

(I actually also rushed it against a Nautilus top who was the only magic damage dealer in an otherwise all AD comp, since his damage is all repeated damage from WE as well)

New Sejuani seems busted, incidentally. I haven't gotten to try her jungle in a real game, though from what I understand her clear is reasonably fast and ridiculously healthy because of her passive* + monster knockback on W letting her kite camps around like Graves, but with her kit changes she's actually very functional as a top laner, with her added ranged waveclear + harass from the new W and super strong trading potential.

Obviously no one knows how to play against her yet, so I've been smashing lanes a lot harder than I really should be, but there's nothing sadder than watching a Pantheon blow through his entire Corrupting Potion to do... absolutely zero damage to me. Didn't have to use a single potion. The combination of the new Doran's Shield + Sej passive does some pretty disgusting work if you play around it right/the other guy plays around it poorly.

*the real fun interaction is that only large monsters break the passive, meaning you start healing through krugs after you've killed the big one.
    Yeah Rumble was actually who I was mainly thinking about - I saw a couple pros talking about how this is probably going to knock Rumble out of top tier in the LCS.

But its huge against anybody that has on-hit magic as well. Its pretty big against Kog'Maw. Ninja tabi and this is a pretty significant damage cut off his W AAs.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2017-05-04 at 04:47 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

30. - Top - End - #900

I'm genuinely scared for Zac right now. His win rate has tanked 12% overnight to the sub 40%s, and riot's plans to fix him are "5 Ad". I'm not sure how long it'll be until Zac's playable again, or if he even can be playable in this state without stomping at lower levels.

The main issue is that this rework significantly nerfed him in literally every respect, and +0.25 second slow to his Q isn't gonna fix that.

I mean, I'm holding out hope, but this is the biggest failure case in a long while, on a champion that was perfectly fine before.
    Last edited by Epinephrine_Syn; 2017-05-05 at 12:09 AM.