New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: League Of Legends LXVII: "MY PICK'EMS!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Huh, to me Shaco felt way weaker. But that may be because I only ARAM Shaco, and do AP.

And, well, Shiv lost about 85 in base damage, 10% in AP scaling, and no longer gains the 20% Backstab bonus. That along with losing 2 seconds of early stealth really shut down any capability to harass the enemy team, forcing most of your damage to be melee, which, is often suicidal in ARAM.

Definitely not a situation they were really trying to balance around, but it was a bit annoying just having things that I know I can normally pull off just failing, repeatedly.
    Bringing up ARAM when talking about balance is pointless. There's absolutely nothing useful to be gained by discussing ARAM balance when Riot has repeatedly said, for years, that they don't balance around alternate game modes.

Regarding Shaco, his winrate on Summoner's Rift is virtually unchanged, despite a 50% increase in playrate this patch.
    Last edited by thracian; 2016-11-14 at 02:57 PM.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thracian View Post
    Bringing up ARAM when talking about balance is pointless. There's absolutely nothing useful to be gained by discussing ARAM balance when Riot has repeatedly said, for years, that they don't balance around alternate game modes.

Regarding Shaco, his winrate on Summoner's Rift is virtually unchanged, despite a 50% increase in playrate this patch.
    Yeah fair enough. Only brought up because I only play him on ARAM, because I think he's funny. He's one of, I think, 5 champions I own simply because I enjoy them on ARAM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Firbolg in the Playground

Having played against shaco once in a normal game, he felt much harder to kill, and much less able to delete me, a squishy midlaner.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Holy flippin' lore release, batman!

Also includes a lot of lore for champions who were left behind in the original Institute of War retcon. I checked Jax and Fiddles briefly. They both have short stories now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    Holy flippin' lore release, batman!

Also includes a lot of lore for champions who were left behind in the original Institute of War retcon. I checked Jax and Fiddles briefly. They both have short stories now.
    Ugh, come on Riot, Fiora doesn't use a sabre. That's just sloppy fact checking.

Other than that, Jax's story did pretty well. It did away with definitively calling him "the best champion ever lol haxxorz" nonsense and instead made him arguably the best around, showcasing him beating a bunch of guys repeatedly.

It even gives hints at what he is. Which I won't spoil for those who want to go read it.

And, old Poppy is still in Galio's lore. You keep on trucking, my awesome quiet, and stoic yordle. You'll always be better than the incarnate of every annoying personality trait ever wrapped up in bubblegum that is your current form, to me.

And amusing, to me, Morg and Kayle are still space aliens in a civil war. But now without IoW they have no reason to be on Runeterra, and in their lores, they are not. They're just, in space. Doing space things.
    Last edited by Dienekes; 2016-11-16 at 06:15 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

Ugh, come on Riot, Fiora doesn't using a sabre. That's just sloppy fact checking.
    Fiora uses a cut-and-thrust sword inspired by early modern swords. "Sabre" is a perfectly valid word for it, even if it's double-edged. "Rapier" is also an alright word, even if it's got a rather wide blade. The distinction between many different types of swords is by no means that clear-cut (pun intended).
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

It even gives hints at what he is. Which I won't spoil for those who want to go read it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Certainly loved the new addition, were about time we got a bit more knowledre of how Jax fit in with everything else.
    And i guess the hints point towards Jax being from Shurema.

thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    Fiora uses a cut-and-thrust sword inspired by early modern swords. "Sabre" is a perfectly valid word for it, even if it's double-edged. "Rapier" is also an alright word, even if it's got a rather wide blade. The distinction between many different types of swords is by no means that clear-cut (pun intended).
    No it is not. Since all sabres are single edge. It is a category of sword, a curved backsword whether it comes from India the Magyars or France, it its called a scimitar, or talwar. That's what a sabre is. What Fiora uses is not a sabre.

Early modern cut and thrust sword, you got rapiers, sideswords, smallswords, extremely late arming swords, broadswords, technically would count as well.

None of those are sabres though. Hell even the word sabre comes from the 17th century specifically to denote a type of backsword.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Most sabres have single-edged, curved blades, but not all. Honestly, the strongest argument against it being a sabre is the cup guard.

And that's before we get into things like "poetic license".
    Last edited by Siosilvar; 2016-11-16 at 06:24 PM.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Most sabres have single-edged, curved blades, but not all. Honestly, the strongest argument against it being a sabre is the cup guard.

And that's before we get into things like "poetic license".
    Find a sabre that isn't. Which is pretty difficult to do since the definition of the word in its historical use was to denote single edge swords.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Easy. M1913 "Patton" saber.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Easy. M1913 "Patton" saber.
    Ahh yes, the Patton sword. The sword developed by the guy trying to completely change what style of sword the cavalry were using, and just called it saber because he assumed that all cavalry swords were called sabers. It fits the definition of estoc, it looks like an estoc with a dish hilt, and was used like an estoc. But he called it a saber, because he didn't know what he was talking about.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lBi94etcII

But, fairness where fairness is due. You proved me wrong. I grudgingly take back my complaint.

13. - Top - End - #223

Thumbs up Re: League Of Legends LXVII: "MY PICK'EMS!"

Took them long enough.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #224

Man, flex queue ranked was rough for a while there. Saw a game where a challenger player was matched against a Bronze V and a pre-30. In ranked.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

New champion teaser Camille
    Spoiler: Details
    Show
    Piltover Robotic... assassain? Enforcer? I'm not sure. She doesn't seem connected to Caitlyn and Vi. More... politically aligned than through law enforcement? Getting vibes of Vetiniri in terms of philosophy. Gameplay wise, we just had a jungler, so probably not that, so next best guess is a AP mid assassin?

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Man, flex queue ranked was rough for a while there. Saw a game where a challenger player was matched against a Bronze V and a pre-30. In ranked.
    That's insane. And I thought my match ups were bad.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    She has stabby knife legs. Definitely going to be AD rather than AP focused. AP + Stabby knife legs doesn't really make sense.

Could be an assassin, could also be some sort of skirmisher champion like Yasuo and Fiora.

She seems super prejudiced against Zaunites. Probably doesn't get along with Piltover law enforcement, and she and Ekko will hate each other.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    She has stabby knife legs. Definitely going to be AD rather than AP focused. AP + Stabby knife legs doesn't really make sense.

Could be an assassin, could also be some sort of skirmisher champion like Yasuo and Fiora.

She seems super prejudiced against Zaunites. Probably doesn't get along with Piltover law enforcement, and she and Ekko will hate each other.
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah there hasn't been any AD robots except Urgot- kinda.

Which made me realize there totally needs to be a completely non-humanoid robot character. Like a floaty deathball of razor blades and guns and weird pointy bits.

That'd be awesome.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Which made me realize there totally needs to be a completely non-humanoid robot character. Like a floaty deathball of razor blades and guns and weird pointy bits.

That'd be awesome.
    There's always Cho'mechwarrior.

20. - Top - End - #230

How did the pre-30 get into ranked?
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

21. - Top - End - #231

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    How did the pre-30 get into ranked?
    Duo-queuing with one of the level 30s.

Flex queue was seriously busted this past week.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

That'd be awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So Orianna?

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Katarina would like to have a word with you...

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    So Orianna?
    How is Oriana non-humanoid?

You could make the case for Oriana's ball but that's not the champion. She also is lacking in guns and pointy bits. I'm thinking more like a Dalek or that torture droid from Star Wars.

25. - Top - End - #235

You could make the case for Oriana's ball but that's not the champion. She also is lacking in guns and pointy bits. I'm thinking more like a Dalek or that torture droid from Star Wars.
    I would find that *horribly* out of theme for League

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Please, the Ball does all the work. Orianna is clearly nothing more then a distraction to attract enemy fire.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

That's the joke. That Oriana is all the ball and not the rest of the character

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vogie View Post
    Katarina would like to have a word with you...
    Katarina is a very old champion from when design philosophies about how AP and AD worked were very different. They actually considered during the assassin update whether to convert Katarina into an AD scaling champion instead of an AP one in order to make her thematically more coherent, but in terms of pure gameplay patterns they felt like her itemization options in AP were better to keep as is (in retrospect, Edge of Night may or may not have been a huge part of this).

The new era of champion design tends to be more tight and logical when it comes to marrying design and gameplay, so I'd fully expect a character with sharp stabby knife legs to scale off of AD. That weird shieldy needle dive thing she does (perhaps an ultimate?) is the one demonstrated ability where I could see a case for some different scaling, perhaps an AP ratio (for Baron), possibly health ratio.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2016-11-18 at 02:28 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    I would find that *horribly* out of theme for League
    League has a theme? I thought it was just a hodge-podge of silly.

30. - Top - End - #240

League has a theme? I thought it was just a hodge-podge of silly.
    Built on a fantasy base.