New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Hunting Grounds IV: Drops Contain 0% RNG

Mountains

One of the weak points on the creature is the joint area of its legs, through most of it quite hard. The holy flame sears it, but fire doesn't seem to bother this creature much. It paces forward, fairly slowly, but given its size it would be wise for anyone other than Fel to get out of way. It wants these invaders out of its territory, but its not angry yet.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    Aaron fires once in the air and then ducks behind the nearest concealment from where he shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Caves]

Guinness instructs the two demons to move in on the shadow, which they do, concentrating primarily on generating light. The dwarf scans outwards towards the perimeter of the area. They might be hurting the shadow but there's no guarantee they were hurting the werewolf itself and it may be sneaking around them to flank them the old fashioned way.
    [Caves]

The shadow will slow even more, but light itself is not killing the shadow. Guinness may notice some moved rocks behind them, but unless his memory is that good, he won't see the wolf quite yet.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

3. - Top - End - #423
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Mountains

One of the weak points on the creature is the joint area of its legs, through most of it quite hard. The holy flame sears it, but fire doesn't seem to bother this creature much. It paces forward, fairly slowly, but given its size it would be wise for anyone other than Fel to get out of way. It wants these invaders out of its territory, but its not angry yet.
    Felandria is unsure how to proceed, they need to run, but they also need to make sure it chases them.

So she takes her sword, turns it to the flat end, and slaps the beast with it.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountains]

Wenomir, meanwhile, throws two of his knives at the creature's legs. Maybe that will make it angry enough.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Green Elf View Post
    [Caves]

The shadow will slow even more, but light itself is not killing the shadow. Guinness may notice some moved rocks behind them, but unless his memory is that good, he won't see the wolf quite yet.
    Aaron hides behind concealment and listens to see if anything is near
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountains

Kitty / Xavouir drops the black blade, but instead of falling a ghostly chain enraptures itself linking the sword's hilt to Xavouir's wrist. The sword then shoots for the creature's hind legs, and attempts to return to Xavouir's hand after striking.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

[Caves]

The Vidofnir changes tactics slightly and starts firing the electric blasts directly at the shadow. Guinness starts to get worried that the electric bird might run out of energy before they get this thing, but he won't call the assault off just yet.

Contrary to stereotypes, the dwarf doesn't remember the location of every rock that happens to be nearby, so a few moved ones aren't going to catch his attention unless they are particularly large. Tsking, he calls Legion to float over by him to keep guard and to help him climb this tree so he can get a better view. Which he starts doing, clambering up the floating mass of heads to get to the tree branch and work his way up from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Caves]

The Vidofnir changes tactics slightly and starts firing the electric blasts directly at the shadow. Guinness starts to get worried that the electric bird might run out of energy before they get this thing, but he won't call the assault off just yet.

Contrary to stereotypes, the dwarf doesn't remember the location of every rock that happens to be nearby, so a few moved ones aren't going to catch his attention unless they are particularly large. Tsking, he calls Legion to float over by him to keep guard and to help him climb this tree so he can get a better view. Which he starts doing, clambering up the floating mass of heads to get to the tree branch and work his way up from there.
    Aaron hides behind concealment and listens to see if anything is near
    The attacks dissolve the shadow into a black mist which eventually dissipates. Guinness may spot the werewolf moving towards them at about a walking speed if it were a straight path from about 120 meters away. It is now surrounded in the black mist as if it had to reclaim its' shadow.
    Last edited by Green Elf; 2017-11-08 at 07:09 PM.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

[Caves]

The Vidofnir lets free a victory screech. Take that ambiguous shadow thing! That'll learn ya.

Guinness whispers into his comm to Aaron. "Target spotted about a hundred meters from my position at 10 o'clock."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #430

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Mysterious Crater

They said they were hunting it, but I didn't exactly get on the best terms with them. Plus their leader is a really smug a**hole. Kurrack explains.
    Mysterious Crater

"Peculiar, I guess I should go and have a chat with them then. Are you coming with me, or are you going to keep chasing that boar?" The seemingly undead woman asks.

11. - Top - End - #431

Mountain

The beast takes a number of hits to its legs, and then Fel slapped it. Its tail lowers as a counterweight as its head and body rises up. It let's out a deafening roar and slams its chin down, causing the ground to rock and shake, parts of the ceiling starting to come loose. The creature starts moving toward those who were attacking its legs, picking up speed. You wanted it mad, well now its mad.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Orc in the Playground

Mountain

Okay, this is where we run.

Felandria will cast a Prestidigitation and shoot some sparkly lights in the creature's eyes before taking off towards the cave entrance, ideally letting the others get ahead of her so she can be between them and the monster.

She can probably take the hit better than they can.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountain]

Wenomir proceeds with Phase Two of the plan and likewise runs. If the beast is mad enough to follow them outside, they can fight it properly there.
    Last edited by Morty; 2017-11-13 at 07:52 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Primordial Jungle]

What an annoying creature.

Though, funny, it probably thinks more or less the same of them.

As the beast's tail sways this way and that, Yellow sticks two fingers in her mouth and gives a shrill whistle. At the sound, Arf's chain plunges downward and upon the chomp-flail's handle touching the ground it suddenly holds fast. It doen't look like it's actually attached to anything, but in spite of that the rod-like handle has become virtually immovable.

Hmmm...

Sounds like adventurer shenanigans.

This may prove to be a pretty good momentary distraction, so Yellow is going to opt for Plan B. She gets a running start and will aim to leap onto the monster's back during the momentary confusion when it discovers that it has been restrained. This is, obviously, far more risky than she would like. But the ugly thing isn't going to play nice and bumble into her pitfall trap. So that means a more direct route is going to be required.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Primordial Jungle]

Sam hasn't been given any instructions, so he's just going to let the yoshi do her thing until he gets some. Which is unlikely because she can't talk. So he sticks to the plan and just fires his gun again. He's aiming low so as to not hit Yellow in the process, followed immediately by loading new shells into it.
    Primordial Jungle

The Glavenus halts when it feels that its tail is being stopped and it gives a low threatening growl before it begins to curl back around. It ignores Yellow and the shotgun slug that pounds into its shoulder in favor of clamping its jaws down on its tail near the chain-chomp itself. The beast's body temperature begins to rise as the armored plates covering it begin to glow red-hot, making any mounting a precarious situation, but more importantly the tail begins to heat up and glow faster and faster all the while it begins to tense up like a spring. Claws dig into the ground, seeking purchase...

Yellow and Sam were likely going to get a free hit or two in, but whatever the beast was planning on doing, it wasn't likely a good thing for the two hunters.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

[Caves]

The Vidofnir lets free a victory screech. Take that ambiguous shadow thing! That'll learn ya.

Guinness whispers into his comm to Aaron. "Target spotted about a hundred meters from my position at 10 o'clock."
    Aaron shouts "Roger" and takes aim where Guinness calls out. He fires three times with his SCAR.
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

16. - Top - End - #436
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Caves]

Aaron shouts "Roger" and takes aim where Guinness calls out. He fires three times with his SCAR.
    The werewolf is hit all three times and falls flat on its face. It dissipates into the shadowy smoke it was recharging. The shadow sinks into the ground leaving the dirt black. Hopefully that dwarf blood will be worth it. Time to get your pay from the hunters.

Mission accomplished.
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

[Caves]

"Target down. Checking now." Guinness says into the comms as he falls from the tree to go and examine the 'remains'. If it can be called that. He prods at the black dirt with his shoe. "Won't have a body to show but I guess it's over." Presumably the end of the nightly killings will be proof enough for the hunters. Guinness dismisses his demons which flicker and fade from existence.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountains

Xavouir / Kitty follows suit, and runs with the rest.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

19. - Top - End - #439

Mountains

The creature runs after those who attacked, its momentum keeps its going even with the lights in its eyes. It will likely slam into Fel as it rushes out of the cave. Almost out in the open, where both it and its attackers have the room to move.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Mountains

The creature runs after those who attacked, its momentum keeps its going even with the lights in its eyes. It will likely slam into Fel as it rushes out of the cave. Almost out in the open, where both it and its attackers have the room to move.
    Fel will get knocked to the ground and tumbles out of the cave, but manages to get to her feet soon after and turn to watch the monsters next move.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Mysterious Crater

"Peculiar, I guess I should go and have a chat with them then. Are you coming with me, or are you going to keep chasing that boar?" The seemingly undead woman asks.
    As far as I can tell the boar turn-tailed and ran. Plus I'm about seventy percent sure that the goblins know something. I'll go with you, but I'll be hiding in the trees. answers Kurrack.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

[Mountains]

Wenomir uses the fact that the monster is more focused on Felandria and dashes in, lightning-fast. He tries to slash at the beast's weak points and quickly disengage once more. His sword is far sharper than any weapon has the right to be, and even if it strikes the monster's armour, it should still deal some damage.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Troll in the Playground

[Caves]

"Target down. Checking now." Guinness says into the comms as he falls from the tree to go and examine the 'remains'. If it can be called that. He prods at the black dirt with his shoe. "Won't have a body to show but I guess it's over." Presumably the end of the nightly killings will be proof enough for the hunters. Guinness dismisses his demons which flicker and fade from existence.
    Aaron says "Understood. Let's head back and prep for extraction." Aaron packs up his gear and heads out.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

[Caves]

Guinness takes one last look at the dark spot before turning and following Aaron back to the hunter's camp.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #445
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

[Caves]

Guinness takes one last look at the dark spot before turning and following Aaron back to the hunter's camp.
    Aaron says "Understood. Let's head back and prep for extraction." Aaron packs up his gear and heads out.
    Leaving the black dirt behind, they arrive at the camp. The hunters greet them warmly and even offer a meal. "Here's your promised payment. 7,000 gold pieces total." The man met earlier opens a wooden box filled with gold coins and holds it out towards the two. It may seem a little light to anybody familiar with gold.
    Last edited by Green Elf; 2017-11-27 at 10:10 PM.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Green Elf View Post
    Leaving the black dirt behind, they arrive at the camp. The hunters greet them warmly and even offer a meal. "Here's your promised payment. 7,000 gold pieces total." The man met earlier opens a wooden box filled with gold coins and holds it out towards the two. It may seem a little light to anybody familiar with gold.
    Aaron picks up the gold coins and stares at it for a while. He then says to the man paying them "Do you have a glass of water? I need to run a test on something really quick."

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hunter's Camp]

"Molasses baked bread! Now we're talking." A fresh cooked meal is always better after a hard day's work. Guinness eyes the box of gold between bites. Aaron seems suspicious of it. Well he more or less trusts Aaron's instincts on the matter. "Won't mind if we count them do ya? It's so easy to forget to carry a one when dealing with such large quantities." Guinness smiles broadly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #448
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Aaron picks up the gold coins and stares at it for a while. He then says to the man paying them "Do you have a glass of water? I need to run a test on something really quick."
    [Hunter's Camp]

"Molasses baked bread! Now we're talking." A fresh cooked meal is always better after a hard day's work. Guinness eyes the box of gold between bites. Aaron seems suspicious of it. Well he more or less trusts Aaron's instincts on the matter. "Won't mind if we count them do ya? It's so easy to forget to carry a one when dealing with such large quantities." Guinness smiles broadly.
    The hunter chief first replies to Aaron casually. "Here's some water. Anything for a friend." He hands him a large glass of water. He then stares at Guinness confused. "You want to count thousands of gold coins? I suppose you could if you really wanted to, but it would take a while.

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

Mountains

Xavouir follows Wenomir's example, dashing in with a lunge. The place where Kitty's eye once was starts to glow with a pale purple light, and the sword erupts in spellfire mid-charge.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hunting Camp]

Guinness gives a short laugh as he sits down and starts shifting the gold pieces, sorting and counting them. "Ha, sonny! I might not enjoy the dark, dank caves those stodgy ancestors of mine prefer, but I can count gold as well as any dwarf." Better even, one could argue, since he's all but sold his soul in pursuit of greed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast