New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: The Hunting Grounds IV: Drops Contain 0% RNG

[Wandering]

Electra's smile retains its dreamy quality as Tina's fingers run down her arm, but her eyes light with a bit of mischief.

"Tired? No. Just...happy." She leans in quickly, and brushes Tina's neck in a soft kiss, before pulling back slightly and grinning at the musician. "I could give you a dissertation on the subject, but how about you? Are your batteries starting to run down?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Dust Storm

The three red spheres advance. The weapons in their hands are shaped into stylized flames, and the air around them ripples with heat. The other two spheres, black in color, begin to circle around for a flanking attack.

Krur tackles the leftmost black sphere with a grunt, bringing to the ground, but it appears undamaged. It swings a device which looks like a pair of jackhammers attached to a shield at him.
    Oooo, interesting...

DJ runs up to one of the spheres. and instead of striking it with his sword, whacks it with his cane... with the force of an elephant. Thing's magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Mysterious Crater]

"Make sure nothing entered the area. That's it. Swear on my mothers grave. No one tells us anything." The gnoll claims.
    Kurrack sighed, he knew that there was more with this than the Gnoll knew. He needed more facts, but he wouldn't get them here.

Kay. Leave. Now. Before something eats you. Or I eat you. That is a possibility.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Troll in the Playground

Dust Storm

The sphere goes flying back, but DJ will feel the intense heat radiating from its weapon. The other two face him, lashing out at him with their own searing weapons.

Krur grabs the head of the black construct and wrenches at it, trying to twist it off. Even with his enhanced strength, he isn't making any headway.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #604
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Wandering]

Electra's smile retains its dreamy quality as Tina's fingers run down her arm, but her eyes light with a bit of mischief.

"Tired? No. Just...happy." She leans in quickly, and brushes Tina's neck in a soft kiss, before pulling back slightly and grinning at the musician. "I could give you a dissertation on the subject, but how about you? Are your batteries starting to run down?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Wandering]

"I'm sure I'll be fine in a moment, but for now..." Fayyaad stretches. "You three ladies have got the best of me."
    Fettina shivers and smirks, her teeth pearly as she leers at Electra. "Mm, same here." She raises her eyebrows, pleased that the night has been such a hit. "Oh, no, babe. I can go till the break of dawn. Me and Fayyaad both, right?" She reaches over and squeezes something soft of his. "I had a couple more ideas for things to do around here..."

"Yes, well, you three have worn this old lady out,"
    Extrix says, sighing pleasantly and looking up at Fayyaad with a sparkling gaze. "These bones and these wings don't look a day over two billion, I know, but I think I might just stay here..." She reaches around and squeezes the base of Fayyaad's tail. "I may even keep this one."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #605
    Titan in the Playground

[Wandering]

"As tempting as it is to be kept by you, I wouldn't do it to Electra and Tina," Fayyaad says, his tail wrapping itself around Extrix's forearm. "What else did you have in mind, Tina?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #606

Quote Originally Posted by Celticbear View Post
    Kurrack sighed, he knew that there was more with this than the Gnoll knew. He needed more facts, but he wouldn't get them here.

Kay. Leave. Now. Before something eats you. Or I eat you. That is a possibility.
    [Mysterious Crater]

The gnoll snarls, but then takes off running towards the slope leading out of the crater.
    Then everything is oddly silent, though he can hear the sound of that strange black liquid dropping off a nearby giant bone sticking out of the ground. Whatever that substance is, it caused that boar to react very strangely.

7. - Top - End - #607

NinjaGuy

[Wandering]

Electra smiles at Fayyaad, her movements echoing Tina's as she reaches over and squeezes something soft as well, though it's evident in the way she does it, she's trying less to squeeze him and more to tickle him.

"Are you sure you don't need a rest first, Fayyaad? I would hate for you to be pushing yourself too hard for our sakes."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Dust Storm

The sphere goes flying back, but DJ will feel the intense heat radiating from its weapon. The other two face him, lashing out at him with their own searing weapons.

Krur grabs the head of the black construct and wrenches at it, trying to twist it off. Even with his enhanced strength, he isn't making any headway.
    Was getting a little cold in here, thanks for the heat... DJ says as he ducks under one searing rod, and takes a whack from the next.

DJ doesn't scream, just snarls. He throws a black bead onto the ground near the one that hit him. If all goes well, the bead sends the thing into a random demiplane. Granted if the people living there ever found out DJ sent it, he probably would get some bad PR, but that probably wouldn't happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Mysterious Crater]

The gnoll snarls, but then takes off running towards the slope leading out of the crater.
    Then everything is oddly silent, though he can hear the sound of that strange black liquid dropping off a nearby giant bone sticking out of the ground. Whatever that substance is, it caused that boar to react very strangely.
    Kay, I think they're gone. You can come out now, Minnie! Kurrack says.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2018-03-23 at 03:09 PM.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Troll in the Playground

Dust Storm
    The machine-creature vanishes into the other dimension. Krur wrenches the faceplate of the construct he's wrestling again, and it pops off, the pulsating mask within falling to the ground and the machine becoming inert.
    The remaining two constructs turn on the adventurers. The black one pounces on DJ, attempting to pin him to the ground so it has a clear shot with its jackhammers. The red one charges Krur superheated claws swinging wildly.
    On the other side of the room, the construct that was knocked away gets up and begins melting the wall with its weapons, molten rock pooling around its feet.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #610

[Mysterious Crater]

"I'm over here." He can hear her call.
    If he follows the direction of her voice, he will find her in a meditative pose in what must have been one of the centers of the explosions. Around her are the unmoving bodies of the KABAL goons.
    Her eyes are closed at first, but as he approaches they suddenly snap open. "I'm guessing you are done then, there were two that ran past here. You let them go."

11. - Top - End - #611

[Wandering]

Whatever Fayyaad's answer to Electra, Fettina smiles and posits, "Well, I was thinking that we could get something to eat out there... and then go hunting," says Tina.

"Oh, gods,"
    Extrix chortles musically.

"Not like hunting-hunting,"
    Fettina continues as though Extrix hadn't spoken. "They do something here to Mark small, nasty monsters and things for them to catch later. Sort of like hitting them with paint."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #612
    Titan in the Playground

[Wandering]

"I hope we're going to rest first," Fayyaad says, shivering a bit at Electra and Tina's touch. "Unless you two have even more energy than I thought. I don't really know what 'marking' means here, but it sounds intriguing."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

13. - Top - End - #613

NinjaGuy

[Wandering]

Electra gives Fayyaad a mischievous smile, squeezing him just a bit harder.

"We could just mark you, you know. You might not be a small, nasty monster, but I don't think folks would mind chasing you. I know I don't."

14. - Top - End - #614

[Wandering]

"Well, some of the stuff they shoot the little monsters with is supposed to put them to sleep..."
    Fettina rolls over, brushing against Electra and looking at Fayyaad. "How sleepy did you say you were, Fayyaad?"

Extrix coughs, covering a laugh.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #615
    Titan in the Playground

[Wandering]

"I'm as tired as any man who's had to satisfy three beautiful women, but surely I'm more useful to you awake," Fayyaad insists, trying to sound as if he's aghast at the suggestion.

16. - Top - End - #616

NinjaGuy

[Wandering]

Electra giggles, her hand finding Tina's side and giving her a bit of a tickle.

"I'm sure she was thinking you'd get some sleep while they drag you back to camp. But perhaps we should give the poor boy a chance to rest for a bit, eh, Tina?" She grins at the musician, eyes dancing with mischief.

17. - Top - End - #617

[Wandering]

"That sounds fine to me. Should we stay? Keep him warm?"
    Fettina looks over at Extrix and Fayyaad, eyeing them. "Extrix is pretty good for that, though."

Extrix just stays silent, gaze firey and inscrutable as she studies Electra now with a sort of lazy attention.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #618

NinjaGuy

[Wandering]

"Mmmm, warm is good," Electra says, snuggling closer to both Extrix and Tina. Clearly, the angel is going to have to try harder to get rid of them if she wants Fayyaad all to herself. For her part, even though Electra could go all night, a nap is starting to sound pretty good right about now. "I like warm."

19. - Top - End - #619
    Titan in the Playground

[Wandering]

Fayyaad does seem to doze off as Tina and Electra move closer.

"I suppose I'll just leave myself at your mercy and see what happens."

20. - Top - End - #620

[Wandering]

Extrix doesn't seem like she wants to get rid of them at all. At least, not right now. She lets out a pleased sigh as she settles into place piled beneath the lot of them.

Fettina giggles. "Stick with me, Electra. I'll make sure you never have to be cold again, if you like..." She gives a shuddering exhale and starts to drift off herself...

((I suppose their night can conclude there. Surely they shall have to spend some more together. O: ))

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #621

NinjaGuy

[Wandering]

Electra chuckles sleepily and simply drapes her arms over as much of the others as she can manage.

"Mmmm, careful, I might just hold you to that..." she teases, before drifting off herself.

((Indeed, I'm sure they'll be seeing more of each other. :) ))

22. - Top - End - #622

[Entance?]

Karl, followed by Anchor, will arrive here after quiet a while. Thought Anchor knows the way.

"When will we know we are in those Hunting grounds? I see no difference right now."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

23. - Top - End - #623
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Forest]

"You see that big tree up there?" Anchor points out an implausible plant rising over 160' high. Near it (but lower down) one might see ropes and bones and buildings "That's the village of Huntside, and the beginning of the grounds if you're coming from this direction. We'll be there in just another minute."

For an expedition to the Hunting Grounds, Anchor is wearing her suit of armor (made of bones and solid shadows) and carrying no fewer than three guns. Her shadow appears to be bearing an odd three-pointed lance, though she herself has no such weapon.

"Should we stop in town, or start hunting right away, give your summons some practice?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #624

Karl takes a look at the tree and what may be a village.

"I say we go there first. I could need a bit equipment after all."

He has the same clothes on as all the time. I wonder why they don't stink from sweat .

25. - Top - End - #625

Default [Huntside]

Magic self-cleaning clothes? Someone washed them while he was in a coma?

The village is well-described in the first post. Luckily, selling equipment to hunters is its main reason for existence! (followed by having the hunt board, hosting giant-monster-handling facilities, and being a place to live).

Anchor heads into the town, showing Karl to the bazaar and its surrounding shops.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #626

Maybe maybe.
    ((Wasn't able to read all but I got another point to go))
    As they walk around he looks at the items offered. Some catch his intresst, but after a moment he realizes that he got no money at all.

"Well, guess we should go for a hunt." he says without getting anything from here.

27. - Top - End - #627

Default [Huntside => Forest]

That's too bad for the poor summoner.

"Yes." Anchor says simply, heading out of the market towards the opposite gate. Once outside the city she unslings and readies her rifle and starts walking rather more carefully. She gives Karl a nod but doesn't say anything more.

This close to town the monsters are probably scarce and not too dangerous. They'll have to travel deeper into the woods...
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #628

[Huntside => Forest]

Karl appears less battle ready, but also he doesn't appear to feel in danger as well.

"Where should we go then?" he asks her right after they left. "I guess we start slow."

29. - Top - End - #629

Default [Forest]

"Away from town, and, I think, towards the plains. Slow. We don't want to blunder into anything too dangerous for you."

A roar (similar to a lion's but not quite the same, deeper and sharper) echoes through the forest from somewhere to the south, shaking the treetops and sending the birds flying in fright.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #630

[Forest]

Karl nods and goes on. He still doesn't appear battel ready. it's more like he makes himself appear weak. An easy target to have a nice bite from. Maybe this is on prupose. Appear weak so even the weaker beasts attack you. I mean who would you attack. A man ready to jump on you any moment or one that can't jump away that fast.

Teh roar gives karl a slight shiver. Netherthe less he points at the direction it came from and looks at Anchor to confirm that this might be their target now.