New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Panoply Rising (IC Thread)

Rebek, the Silent Servant spent time on the First World. On his return he had noticed something...strange...in the Necropolis and now the worst of his exhaustion was behind him he had energy to investigate.

A vaguely human-shaped mound of snow lay in the otherwise perfectly smooth plain of the Necropolis and Rebek stood over it, watching thoughtfully. The most likely explanation, hhe felt, was that channeling so much of her power in to this place had created, or woke, or altered, or...some other possibility, he wasn't sure - but it had somehow brought about this figure.

Working quickly he shaped snow to flesh out and give definition to the figure. No sculptor - the living, creative world of art where one takes ultimate authority over shaping something being almost antithetical to his world of death, mindlessness and servitude, but it didn't appear to matter. It was less sculpting and more....more realising something that was already there. This handful of snow went there because there was simply no other place it could be.

Even with that, though, when he stepped back to regard the finished product it wasn't clear what he had made. Was it a young woman with flowing hair? Maybe. But sometimes it looked like one of the great bears of this place. Sometimes, albeit rarely, an old woman clutching a staff. He stepped back to give it space: doubtless it would take the form it would.

You're finished he announced and then, even a being as taciturn as he felt the need to say more at this time. Welcome to the First World. I am Rebek.

Mahara, The Queen of Winter was in the First World

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    And once again welcome to the game, Artemis97. Feel free to reply or not as you choose.

An unknown amount of time later, for Rebek rarely noticed the passing of time in this unchanging landscape, his attention was taken by movement in the western half of the Necropolis. Visitors. His first. And - and he would be happy if he were more emotional - a number of his creations. The aquatic ones he had worked so hard on, surrounding another being. One that was clearly related but different. Was this one of the other races that he had sensed from the "mind" of his creation earlier? Not the race he had blesses, he was sure of that. He had felt that they were larger.

Regardless. He walked over with slow, sedate steps and stood a distance away - close enough to allow communication, far enough away to give no threat.

Welcome. I am Rebek. The Necropolis is incomplete, for which I apologise. Further, it is not adapted to aquatic life which was an oversight. Again, I apologise. Regardless, you are welcome to stay here as long as you wish. I will adapt it to better suit your needs.

Due to the slow bleeding of natures between the Moonlight Grove of Broken Lilies and the Necropolis it wasn't unheard of for souls to leak from the former to the latter. This was by design, and Rebek never took any action around it. Or never until now, at least. One nearby, lounging in the frigid waters, was of a race he didn't recognise. Not in itself surprising, his walks had covered the tiniest fraction of the First World. But there was no point in letting an opportunity go to waste. With an infinitesimal flex of his divine will, she extended the gift of servitude to this new race, making a mental note to track down their home and determine how to best serve them when she had rested. The Yaxin begin to rise.
    Last edited by Kythia; 2016-11-22 at 09:06 AM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Previous
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzan Aura View Post
    The Bard and the Sprites

Zuben looked back and forth between the castle and Ezoth going back to sitting at the center of the Great Planetary. They seemed to whisper something that sounded like a prayer before flying off the shoulder of Beathan to sit in front of her. The sprite's green eye shone twice before talking.

̸A̡re you g̛o͞ing ̵t̴o͝ j̧oi͟n͘ y̶o͘ur̷ b̧r͞ét͜h͡ren on͏ ̴ţh̶e̡ b̧at̵tl͠e ͡?̵ ̶O͏r̕ do͜ y̵ou w͝i͘s͘h̸ t͏o̶ ͞wak͜e u̵p̛ ̕?̸ ͝I͢ can ̀g̶u͘i̵d̸é yo̴u ̕towar̛d̨ w̕h̵a̛t̵ yǫu҉ ̛w҉a̷n͏t ̴i̶n͟ bot́h ca̷s͢és̕,͞ b̀ut ̧I͢ a͏m ņeȩd̀ed ͜s̕oo͏n. ̀D́réa͏m͘ S͡prit́e͞s fight a͜g̢aìns̴t ͡wḩa̡t͞ev͘er t̨ro̸úb̧le͡s the͝ ̨seren͜ity of t͠h̶is͟ pl̀a͘ce, we'll̷ ḩe̷ĺṕ y̧o̴u.

Their eye continued shining bright green, emitting short flashes at regular intervals. Should Beathan look toward where Zuben is, she would notice their blinks are responded to by faraway differently-colored blinks.

Spoiler: Traduction
    Show
    Are you going to join your brethren on the battle ? Or do you wish to wake up ? I can guide you toward what you want in both cases, but I am needed soon. Dream Sprites fight against whatever troubles the serenity of this place, we'll help you.

The Bards and Stags - Combating the Shriekers

The Dream Guardians stood, motionless. They looked like random pillar-like stones that were an eerie blue color, but what is not eerie in this plane ? They didn't move when bards hid behind them to take cover and get some safety, but as soon as a Night Shrieker approached one of them, it snapped awake. One after the other, from the bottom to the top one, their eyes shone like glyphs as the guardian elevated itself from the ground. Nearby rocks floated around it.
    Arcane beams were shot to make the nightmares back away and retreat back to where they came from. Some could have slipped behind them, as the only fast thing about them was their beams, but Dream Stags took care of them with the help of bards.
    If this effort wasn't making the Night Shriekers go backwards, it was certainly enough to maintain a wall to make sure none of them could harm dreamers.

Luna

Safe in their city, Dream Sprites were quickly developping. Books were filling the library, who seemed to never lack space, as they kept on deciphering what they saw and felt. Science came to be; perhaps to someday be shared with creatures of the First World...
    On the other hand, new Dream Sprites who just came here via the Great Planetary came in to study, looking at the books of the Selenite Library and questioning fundamental questions.

The Slumbering God - Castle of Memories

In its slumber, Yag-Azreal stirred. Once more, its physical body began to shift, and the Bards around it took to plying their magic to once more entrap the great beast, keeping it from truly awakening while the god's mind entered a state of half-wakefulness because of the presence of... something. Something powerful. And something close. Memories and imaged of gods dead and passed would flash through the Castle of memories, shadows streaming from every part of the Lurker in the Night representing these shades on the mortal world as the dragon searched rabidly throughout its domain for the interloper. The threat to its peace.

It wasn't until it had calmed and let its mostly-dormant mind just feel for the presence that the god would realize where it had come. For the song that the bards drew power from, and that rang forth from this slumbering deity, had connected Yag to its unknowing disciples in a manner that neither truly realized. And there was a bard standing upon the precipice of another deity's domain... a domain that hovered just above the Sleeper's palace. Above its fortress where it was supposed to be safe from such disturbances. And with a silent snarl, the small part of the dragon's mind that had awoken would reach out for the mind of its mortal implement...

The Bard and the Sprites - The Library

Beathan opened her mouth to address the sprite that spoke to her, about to answer in common to the starry creature that she wished to speak with its master, and to perhaps work out a deal with that entity, before the unthinkable happened. Just before she spoke, her voice failed, the breath of her dream caught in her throat as slowly she turned around. There, visible only to the dreaming elf, was an orb. The eye of the deity of destruction that she had sworn to keep slumbering. And it was open, staring into her very being with its nebula-studded iris. Staring at her.

To the sprites gathered around, Beathan's dream-self would seem to flicker, shudder, flash and twist, for one moment becoming nearly-endless and letting out a thin, airy scream before, just as suddenly, settling back into its normal shell. But something about her was different. And when she turned to face them, eyes black and bleeding out the night, they would know that they no longer spoke to the elf who had once inhabited this dream-body. Though she may still yet exist somewhere, Beathan was not the one to speak when her mouth opened, and from the silence that came from this, a voice commanded them, "Do not think to stand in my way. It is with your master that I will speak, not you. Go back to doing... whatever you were doing before."

And then the dreamer was gone, a fading shadow that entered Ezoth's tower, searching for the lingering divinity it had felt within this place like a hound sniffing for blood. Only when she was found would the deity's host reform, and to Ezoth directly would Yag-Azreal's first words spoken to a god be whispered and apparent in the stillest of places. "You are not welcome here..." Followed shortly thereafter by, "What do you want?"

The Bards and the Dream Guardians - Dealing with the Night Shriekers

With the assistance of the stags and their allies, the Bards would rally their defenses and easily drive the Shriekers off, night after night. Though the magical fear that the monstrous beings unleashed would shake even the stags, it was not enough to drive those beings to their knees, and the Bards employed their circle magic in a new way. Working together, they created a counter-note to the screams, one that stopped the horrendous song before it could sap the will, and paralyze the body. And with that, they could fight back against the undead creature, and the Shriekers were driven back into the night, lest they be destroyed. But nightly, the attacks came again and again. And the Bards knew that they needed a more... permanent solution to their problem. And so, the first Fire elementals were born. created to hunt down the undead abominations known as Night Shriekers, these elemental "spirits" would be tireless in their pursuit, the Simple Commands given to them sending them out to find and touch the Night Shriekers with their immolative bodies.

Another week passed, but after that all three Shriekers were gone. And the bards could relax for a time, simply allowing their population to grow, and their people to study. Every once in a while a new Shrieker would rise from the populace once more, and Frostrim would once again be bent towards defending themselves, but they would eventually grow used to this, and soon the Shriekers would only be a passing threat. A sign of what would happen, should the Dragon, the progenitor of these nightmares, truly awaken...

The Castle of Memories

And perhaps they were right about something, at least. For as the dragon has once again begun to awaken, more nightmare-spawn had been unleashed. The shades of half-remembered gods, let loose to search the castle for the divine intruder, had taken on true forms. Evil and twisted though they might be, these forms would resemble the deities that they had once been, from noble kings to craven fools, all of them had been created for once purpose. To find intruders... and to bring them to their progenitor. Any that resisted would be... "dealt with" on the spot.

Spoiler: AP actions
    Show
    Starting AP: 6, 1 infused plane

-1 AP: Create Subconcept; Counternote (Choral magic) A concept created by the Bards, this Evocative technique can be outside outside of the mage-circles that these spellcasters will become known for. However, it works best when there are multiple voices and words lending the director strength, and this fact has not been lost. Simply put, this magic is used to counter and negate the effects of a magical/ supernatural phenomina based on music or sound before it can actually take affect. It stops the sound in the throat of the caster, stilling tongue and voice simultaneously, and causing their magic to fail.

When used with a choir, this is hardly a feat for the Evolker and requires only a muttered command to stop anything they could reasonably accomplish themselves. Alone, however, performing such a feat requires much of the Bard's concentration. Multiple words, shouted out in quick succession and with all of heir magic directed at one being, can counter the spell being uttered. Supernatural abilities are completely beyond the individual bard's counternote, and are still a struggle for the Conductor of a Choir to handle.

-1 AP: Create Monstrous Life; The Shades of the Castle Now given proper form to at least a few beings, these nightmarish entities that stalk the halls of the Castle of Memories are, by their very nature, something born of fear. The near-mindless half-memories of gods and similar beings, these monstrosities have but one purpose: To hunt down and drag all intruders to Yag-Azreal for judgement. If any being resists them, then their nightmarish forms are unleashed, and the sanity-blasting power that they possess is bent on eradicating the intruder fully.

IMPORTANT NOTE: With these creatures now existing, the Castle of Death curse is now changed. Instead of killing intruders itself after an amount of time, intruders are instead hunted by these beings. The times remain the same, and the methods to avoid detection are as well, but the outcome of overstaying one's welcome is changed from instant death, to a chance of death, with a possible outcome of just being dragged to face the progenitor of these monsters instead. Because that is so much better, right?

-Divine Infusion: Blessing; Echoes of the First Song Yag-Azreal can enter the mind of any being which practices Evocation, and who is upon the Beyond. This does not give it omnipotence, far from it in fact, as the Lurker in the Night has to actually possess the mind that it wishes to glean knowledge from, but it does allow it to sense where those beings are when they sleep, when those beings wake, and when they draw close to a deity. All through their connection to the First Song, the source of all of their Evocative magics.

To a lesser degree, this allows the Void Dragon to also feel the presence of Night Shriekers and those who are also affected by the Call of Silence, as both of these beings are also influenced by the First Song. However this cannot not go beyond that general feeling, as they have not truly joined with the First Song, but rather have been acted upon by it, and are continued to be acted upon.

Ending AP: 4

3. - Top - End - #153
    Orc in the Playground

The Bard and the Sprites - The Great Planetary

The sprites quickly noticed the change. Something... way more powerful than they were was going toward the Starry One. Albeit some still followed where the Dragon's puppet was going, most returned to their activities, understanding that they wouldn't have a chance to survive would they try to prevent them from going ahead. Right before Beathan (or at least her body) could see Ezoth themselves, she could notice stags who followed her returning from the place the deity was resting in. They probably warned them that someone was coming their way.
    A cloud of cosmic gas along with twinkling stars was in the center of the Great Planetary, in front of Beathan. Often, part of a wing could be seen before it would hide back into the cloud.
    A voice resonated within the planetary, sounding slightly offended by the first sentence.

You entered the Great Planetary, my planetary. It was already there when I silenced the sounds causing the nightmares, your nightmares to appear.

After a pause, Ezoth continued to speak, taking this time an inquisitive tone.

You are the Sleeper, am I right ? While I have no desire to fight you, nightmares coming from your castle are disturbing dreamers that dwell here. My duty is to make sure this place is as peaceful as possible for those that seek rest, and the only thing I would want from you is to contain nightmares attacking my sprites and the bards.
    Perhaps I could help you if you did so.

The First World spins.

Thousands of tiny sprites hurried. Everything had to be changed. Somehow a deity made the first world spin. Or a meteor triggered it. Dream Sprites took measurements outside of the Fugue Plane, while those dwelling in Luna shared what they could to make the transition as smooth as possible. The Great Planetary's "First World" gem started spinning.
    And some sprites stayed on the First World, trying to locate its exact pole.

Spoiler: To the attention of RolandDeschain (OOC)
    Show
    A small group of about a hundred or less Dream Sprites led by Deneb the Dream Stag are trying to locate the north pole (or south pole, whatever pole on the opposite of Necropolis) to find a place for an observatory. They'll be done by next rollover, I just need to know if the north pole is on land or sea.
    Last edited by Tanzan Aura; 2016-11-22 at 01:02 PM.
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Egides Goddess of Swordmen and Air.
    Ezoth Deity of Stars and Dreams.
    The Songbird God of the Sky and Curiosity

Spoiler: Favourite Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomes2169 View Post
    It is gay. It is turbo gay.
    Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    The salt is thick in your veins. It calls to me.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Yag-Azreal and Ezoth - The Great Planetary

Yag-Azreal was silent for a time, truly so. Considering. And, as far as it was capable of expressing with the face of its mortal host, the deity would look... confused. Glancing out at the Castle of Memories, seeing only the glittering wonder and the visions of fantastic worlds past and gone, Yag-Azreal would whisper, "Nightmares? I never wanted to cause Nightmares..." It would whisper, looking back to the other deity. The tears of inky black night would continue to roll down Beathan's cheeks, dripping on the floor before they disappear to join the black skies about them, and the god shedding these tears would say, "I just wanted to be left alone. Left to my dreams, and my memories. Memories of so many people and places that are now gone-"

Blinking, Yag-Azreal would look down at the world, and then back up at the other deity. In confusion, the Lurker would ask, "The world isn't spinning yet? What are you children even... no. I told myself I would not..." Shaking Beathan's head, Yag would state, "This is your world, and your decisions, young god. I will do my best to abide by your wishes while I visit this larger dream you call reality. What would you have me do?"

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

The figure stands upright, fluffy snow cascading off pale skin. A young woman stood, long straight white hair blowing in the wind. Only twinkling ice crystals adorned her flesh. Eyes, a deep crystal blue, opened, blinking. She took in her surroundings before speaking.

"Greetings, Rebek" She says. "I am Mahara. What is this place? The First World you called it? I think it will do." She decides, a smile settling on her perfect lips.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Jyn'Hao: The Chorus of Gears - The Birth of Oldarac

Jyn'Hao yet lingered in the Plane of Order and Creation, and from the mighty gears wove another that could weave itself for Creation needed one who could make. So it was that from with the gears Jyn'Hao breathed life and from the depths of the Faceted Loam he drew mighty stones and cleaved them together. It was such that Oldarac the Smith was born at the center of the Chorus. Then, with its mind yet wandering to further creations, Jyn'Hao took its leave Elsewhere.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by weet555 View Post
    Spoiler: previously
    Show

Questions and Answers.

Without blinking Therus raised his foot, slammed it down and the ground shook. There was a moment of silence as the ground started to settle, Therus’ face turned to disappointment. “Your first statement was hypothetical wasn’t it?” Even as the echo asked he seemed sure of the sure of the answer.

The elves were hardly slowed by the shaking ground, blessing of a different god helped them greatly. They had made great progress, many words had been translated but syntax was still a work in progress. The scribes were ever writing down cheenari stories, some details were lost in translation, in there the elves shared their own stories.

Therus turned to lead hunter. “I have realised that I never introduced myself. Forgive me for that. I’m Therus, the echo, he that has run across the ocean, builder of the marching castle, leader of the echoing eclipse and high commander of the dark army. If it is easy for you just call me Therus. If I may ask to what is your name, what titles do you hold?”

The god paused for a moment. “You have answered many of my questions, so I will try to answer whatever questions you or the others hold.”
    The Cheenari collectively took a step back at Thersus' outburst. They glanced about, curious at what had just happened and then the lead hunter once again fixed his eyes upon the god. "It was not. Sathwatch is the wild places, without a doubt."

The lead hunter raised himself upright and planted the butt of his spear into the ground and stated"I am Thaack Son of Rrath. I am the current lead hunter of this tribe."
    Currently Playing
    Lord's of Creation-Titan's Return
    - Il-Na: God of Greed, Luck and Earth

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

Biyaha - Kacaya Falls

As the sun disappeared over the distant mountains, The Father of Waters sat upon the edge of the great escarpment and looked back over the lands he had traveled. Appearing as a bent and wizened old man formed of flowing water he trailed his legs over the edge of the falls, watching curiously the flaming orbs that rained down across the land. They lit the sky and illuminated the night in a dazzling array of colors. Those that hit the waters were extinguished and sank, but those that hit the earth wreaked untold havoc upon the lands and its many peoples. That this was the manifestation of someone's divine will was plainly obvious, and Biyaha would not interfere. He reached far into the night sky and plucked one of the flaming orbs from the air. He played his hand across the meteor, dowsing its flame to reveal a dark and alien metal.

This was a curious thing, for although the meteors rained fire and destruction down upon Dalalkan, Biyaha also sensed within them a tremendous potential. They could, in fact, be a boon for the people that unlocked their mysteries. As he pondered, he felt his nearly insatiable desire to continue his exploration of the world depart his body, manifesting itself as a physical thing. Biyaha melted back into the waters and tumbled down the Kacaya Falls, but upon the shores of the Webi River stood a silent figure staring down the length of the Subax Gaari. Thus did the Nameless Wanderer come to be.
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2016-11-22 at 11:24 PM.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kythia View Post
    An unknown amount of time later, for Rebek rarely noticed the passing of time in this unchanging landscape, his attention was taken by movement in the western half of the Necropolis. Visitors. His first. And - and he would be happy if he were more emotional - a number of his creations. The aquatic ones he had worked so hard on, surrounding another being. One that was clearly related but different. Was this one of the other races that he had sensed from the "mind" of his creation earlier? Not the race he had blesses, he was sure of that. He had felt that they were larger.

Regardless. He walked over with slow, sedate steps and stood a distance away - close enough to allow communication, far enough away to give no threat.

Welcome. I am Rebek. The Necropolis is incomplete, for which I apologise. Further, it is not adapted to aquatic life which was an oversight. Again, I apologise. Regardless, you are welcome to stay here as long as you wish. I will adapt it to better suit your needs.
    The leader among them looked around before settling it's bony face on Rebek. Just as slowly as Rebek approached, Illith rose It's right limb, spread out It's tentacles and let out a low bellow, much like a whale. A moment later clouds began to grow and a light rain began to fall to which It cocked It's head. The dust that followed it appeared to slowly begin to grow polyps, corals starting to snake their way out of the water and along the path the explorers walked. It seemed to process language for a moment, making several more low sounds before it settled on an actual voice.
    It's voice was deep and seemed to shake the tentacles of It's fellows. "We...I am Illith, the First Eldrazi and chosen of Carakhan. She Who Purifies Us can no longer walk upon this land and has created Us to better direct the blessings you have bestowed upon Us. Such is the power of the Creeping Polyps and what We suspect you possess as well. However there is no need to apologize to Us. We..." It motioned toward Itself and the zombies before It continued "can live in such environs until We make it suitable for others."
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

Your understanding is appreciated.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Oldarac - Lost in Wander
    Oldarac awoke to the awe of his surroundings but rather than rather than a dazed wanderlust he was filled by understanding and purpose. He studied the machinations and understood them, as complicated and unusual as they were. He lost track of time and space and was completely taken away until he found himself elsewhere.

His surroundings were replaced by the bleak and harsh ones experienced by mortals. He would have to understand this place and wandered the world to learn from any who would teach him. Time flickered by, he did not know how long as it meant nothing to him, but eventually his determination returned to him.

The Awakening of the Dvergr
    The ground shook as Oldarac walked, the thuds echoed though the mountain valleys. There was something here he could feel it, he wasn't sure what but he would know it when he saw it. He was driven on by a familiar melody, the whirl of machines and the clink of gears. As he climbed he noticed a melon sized rock, emotionless he picked it up and carried on walking.

He traveled through the mountain range, hiking at a steady unrelenting pace for days. He smoothed and scratched symbols into his small boulder as he walked, this was without thought but with great purpose. After a few weeks he reached yet another snow capped peak and looked across the massive valley at his target, which he decided to call Mount Vrunkur, knowing for the first time that he was nearly there.

Two days later, in a violent blizzard part way up the mountain, he reached a giant snowfall which clearly covered the entrance of a cave. He took great armfuls of ice, throwing them to the side to clear a path until he had enough space to get inside. He found what he was looking for, two 10ft intertwined spires of one of pure iron and the other of pure lead bursting from the ground. He got to work breaking and bending the iron to form a large anvil and broke off a few small shards of lead which he collected in a stone basin.

Once the lead off-cuts were collected together he filled the bowl with runes of Heat, Fuel and Purity which erupted with power and consumed the metal in flames. He collected some of the liquid lead in his hands then poured it into the symbols he had scratched on his rock, filling the runes for Observation, Understanding and Thought. They glowed blue as the metal cooled showing that the earth accepted this use of it's energy.

Oldarac took the large stone outside, the snow storm had long since cleared, to show it the view. "All of this will be yours be yours one day, you will turn it in to a grand machine. Everything will work together in harmony, I will show you how." After this brief distraction to imprint base beliefs he returned inside to finish his creation. He assembled a body and limbs, based on his own, being careful to show the head what to do. He inscribed an array of runes based on the functions of the parts and when he was done he bound it to the head with an impressive beard of iron wire.

And then there were two. With Oldarac's guidance the population grew at an exponential rate until it became a noticeable force in an otherwise fairly sparse region.

Spoiler: AP Management
    Show
    Starting AP = 16AP
    Create Mythical Concept (4AP) - Runic Magic
    Runes can transfer energy trapped within the earth to power objects. The act of picking the correct combination of runes and etching them exactly is just as difficult as encouraging the energy to wake up and be useful rather than just stay dormant.
    Create Sentient Race (2AP) - Dvergr
    Short (4ft tall) humanoid figures made of stone and bound by metallic runes. Exist to serve a purpose which currently is to create more of themselves. (But don't most creatures just exist to reproduce)
    They currently inhabit in the area surrounding Mount Vrunkur, the largest mountain in the northwest mountain range before the peninsular (directly south of the compass).
    Remaining AP = 16 - 4 - 2 = 10AP

11. - Top - End - #161

Flumph

The Tools of the Wanderer
    The Wanderer existed. Sounds, smells, textures, tastes and sights assaulted his newfound senses. For some time he stood, dumbstruck by the world in which he now lived. He knew the names of the things around him, the ground and sky and trees and river. He knew some small things about them, that the trees grew and the river flowed. But this was not enough. He wanted to know everything about them. Why did the trees grow and the river flow? Where did they come from? Perhaps, given time, he could learn these things himself. Perhaps he could learn all things. But that would take time. For a moment he pondered: how might he learn? Well, perhaps there were others. Yes! Surely he was not the only being in existence. Perhaps there were others, who already knew these things. He would find them, and ask them to teach him. And along the way, he would learn all he could in his travels, answers to his questions as well as new questions that he had not yet thought to ask.

He decided he would need tools to aid him. So he went to a nearby tree and broke from it a strong branch, and for the first time the Wanderer tested his divine powers. In his hand the branch smoothed and changed shape, becoming a solid walking staff. He was content with this. He needed now only a way to record what he learned, to ensure that he would not forget, and so that he could teach it to others (for what is the good of knowledge if not shared?). He thought for a moment, and a flash of inspiration hit him. So he went to the riverbank, where he found a cow drinking from the waters. Taking his staff, he struck the animal down. He willed its hide to become leather, and taking some of this he returned to the tree from which he made his staff. Once there, he felled the tree and willed it to become paper. Taking this and the leather, he bound a simple book, and upon it's cover appeared the words On the Travels of a Nameless Wanderer. A fitting title, he thought, for both the book and he. Thus, taking these tools the being that called itself the Nameless Wanderer set off along the course of the Upper Webiga, letting his feet take him where they may.

The Wanderer's First Travelling Companions
    The Wanderer had been travelling for many days, and had learned of many new things. Countless animals and plants he had seen, and though he new almost nothing of them save their names, he was pleased nonetheless. Oh, how many questions he would have when he found someone to talk to! He hoped they would be accommodating. Of one more thing did the Wanderer learn in this time: loneliness. At first he had not been able to pinpoint the cause of this new emotion which he felt. But as he ponderer it, his understanding grew. So at last he decided the course of action he must take. Speaking aloud for the first time, he said "I must find myself a companion, to share in my travels." As he thought this, he came upon a pack of wolves who were feasting upon a fallen deer. They turned to face him with blood-stained muzzles, hunger in their eyes. "Hmmmmmmm..."
    As the wolves bean to growl, he raised his hand and called upon his godly magic. He willed the wolves to take more pleasing forms, less monstrous and wild. And thus were the first dogs brought into the world. He spent some time there, training his new creations, and when he was done he said "These shall make fine companions indeed." And so it was that the Wanderer evermore had an affinity for all domesticated canines, commanding them wordlessly and overriding any other loyalty or compulsion. For the rest of his travels, whenever the Wanderer came across any number of wolves, he would change them into a new breed of dogs.

Spoiler: AP
    Show
    -5 AP (Create Major Utility Artifact):The Wanderer's Staff The Wanderer's simple carved walking stick is actually an artifact of great power, discounting the Create Portal action. The Staff allows it bearer to wander across all planes, and to blaze a trail for all those who wish to come after.
    -5 AP (Create Major Utility Artifact): On the Travels of a Nameless Wanderer Much like his walking stick, the Wanderer's mundane-looking book is a tool of great power, discounting the Bless/Curse action. The Wanderer is not an ungrateful deity, and is fond of rewarding those who aid him. In addition, the owner of the Travels can speak and understand any spoken language, but does not know how to write any unless taught. The Travels allows one to learn from any being one comes across, bridging the formidable language gap.
    -4 AP (Create Mythical Life): The Wanderer's Pack The original nine wolves blessed by the Wanderer, they are eternally-youthful hounds, and are immune to all disease (should such a thing ever come to be). They are highly intelligent (sentient, but they never allow others to learn this) and can understand speech (though they cannot speak), though they answer only to the commands of the Wanderer himself. Their howls are hauntingly musical and carry many miles. At least one of these hounds can be found by the Wanderer's side at all times, and the others are always within howling distance. They are:
    • Fenrir (alpha, male)
    • Cerberus (male)
    • Baskerville (female)
    • Anubis (male, solemn and quiet)
    • Scylla (female)
    • Martha (female)
    • Lupa (female)
    • Freki (male, twin of Geri)
    • Geri (male, twin of Freki)

AP Acounting: Starting 16 AP - 5 AP - 5 AP - 4 AP = 2 AP
    Last edited by CrazyPenguin; 2017-01-01 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Added the names of some members of the Pack

12. - Top - End - #162
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler: Previously
    Show

Yag-Azreal was silent for a time, truly so. Considering. And, as far as it was capable of expressing with the face of its mortal host, the deity would look... confused. Glancing out at the Castle of Memories, seeing only the glittering wonder and the visions of fantastic worlds past and gone, Yag-Azreal would whisper, "Nightmares? I never wanted to cause Nightmares..." It would whisper, looking back to the other deity. The tears of inky black night would continue to roll down Beathan's cheeks, dripping on the floor before they disappear to join the black skies about them, and the god shedding these tears would say, "I just wanted to be left alone. Left to my dreams, and my memories. Memories of so many people and places that are now gone-"

Blinking, Yag-Azreal would look down at the world, and then back up at the other deity. In confusion, the Lurker would ask, "The world isn't spinning yet? What are you children even... no. I told myself I would not..." Shaking Beathan's head, Yag would state, "This is your world, and your decisions, young god. I will do my best to abide by your wishes while I visit this larger dream you call reality. What would you have me do?"

The movements of Ezoth slowed down, then stopped for a few seconds before going back to their usual rythm.
    A deity in need could become an ally indeed. If help is provided.

I forgot to introduce myself. I am Ezoth, known as the Starlit One to Dream Sprites. My duty is to protect dreamers from nightmares and ensure souls get a peaceful place to rest in when they come here.

They paused.

You do not sound like you made the nightmares on purpose, and perhaps you could let me help you, who tries to find rest and peace in your sleep, so that events like this would be less likely to happen. Perhaps you could introduce yourself.

Althrough Ezoth was hard to read as they lacked a proper "face" in their appearance, some hints of concern could be heard through their voice when Yag-Azreal started to cry.
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Egides Goddess of Swordmen and Air.
    Ezoth Deity of Stars and Dreams.
    The Songbird God of the Sky and Curiosity

Spoiler: Favourite Quotes
    Show
    It is gay. It is turbo gay.
    Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    The salt is thick in your veins. It calls to me.

13. - Top - End - #163

PirateWench

Spoiler: Mahara
    Show
    The figure stands upright, fluffy snow cascading off pale skin. A young woman stood, long straight white hair blowing in the wind. Only twinkling ice crystals adorned her flesh. Eyes, a deep crystal blue, opened, blinking. She took in her surroundings before speaking.

"Greetings, Rebek" She says. "I am Mahara. What is this place? The First World you called it? I think it will do." She decides, a smile settling on her perfect lips.

I did not name it, the First World is simply what it is called. There is accommodation in the Necropolis if you wish it it points behind it to a stone town and I believe there is also a settlement that way it gestures in the direction of Frostrim though I have not visited.

Is there anything else you need?

Spoiler: Ilith
    Show
    The leader among them looked around before settling it's bony face on Rebek. Just as slowly as Rebek approached, Illith rose It's right limb, spread out It's tentacles and let out a low bellow, much like a whale. A moment later clouds began to grow and a light rain began to fall to which It cocked It's head. The dust that followed it appeared to slowly begin to grow polyps, corals starting to snake their way out of the water and along the path the explorers walked. It seemed to process language for a moment, making several more low sounds before it settled on an actual voice.
    It's voice was deep and seemed to shake the tentacles of It's fellows. "We...I am Illith, the First Eldrazi and chosen of Carakhan. She Who Purifies Us can no longer walk upon this land and has created Us to better direct the blessings you have bestowed upon Us. Such is the power of the Creeping Polyps and what We suspect you possess as well. However there is no need to apologize to Us. We..." It motioned toward Itself and the zombies before It continued "can live in such environs until We make it suitable for others."

There is no need to exert yourself. Simply let me know your needs and they will be met. It walks over to the closest zombie and squats to examine it for a moment. The salt in the sea is grinding away at their joints. I will rectify that. Are they useful to you? I have tried to anticipate your needs, but lacking clear directions it was difficult. I am glad you have come.

She Who Purifies Us is your leader? Does she have insignia? Once I have created some more suitable dwellings, let me know her heraldry and I will decorate it as appropriate. This
    it sketches a symbol out in the snow with its foot is the symbol I have assigned for this type and there is another, bigger, type which I have assigned this - another foot-sketch - symbol. In time your dead will rest with and be cared for by me.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

As the ages passed Sins children stayed much the same, eating, sleeping, playing and so forth. He had become accustomed to it and didn't think much of it anymore. He was awoken in the night by the sounds of scratching.

His children had started digging burrows in the ground widening it larger and larger until a person could lay down comfortably inside. Watching them he grew more and more curious as each of them dug there own pit before filling it with molten earth and then crawled into it. Time passed and soon the molten earth began to cool, Sin kept it molten by breathing his flame upon it, 7 days and 7 nights he kept at it until finally his children began to burst forth one by one, changed forever more.

The first to emerge, covered in bits and pieces of molten earth were the Swift foot Scales kin. Smaller than the adolescents Sin assumed there was a problem until after shaking itself free of its molten confines it darted off into the night attempting to catch it with his claws he was surprised to find that it was able to nimbly dodge between his fingers before scurrying off to find food.

Spoiler: Swift Foot Scaled Kin (Scaled Kin Variant) 2AP-Mythic Life Sub-Race
    Show

Standing at 4 feet tall The Swift foot Scaled Kin are considerably smaller than even children scaled kin. In exchange for there smaller stature that have instead become extremely nimble and fast. While not as fast as the Cheenari or as graceful as the elves, the Swift Foot beats them in shear nimble dexterity able to turn and dodge around and through objects almost effortlessly. This makes then especially adept in thick jungles where one has to squeeze through trees and dash around them as they chase down some of the most elusive prey.

Being some of the quietest and stealthiest of hunters, Swift Foots are naturally inclined to become rouges or assassin's much of the time being able to sneak past people without ever being noticed. In case of emergencies Swift Foots spit a poison they produce in a specialized pouch in there throats causing blindness and hallucinations if struck in the eyes.

The next to appear were the normal Scaled Kin. Roughly 6 foot even they were muscular Reptilian men that looked around curiously experimenting, seeing how there new bodies work.

Spoiler: scaled kin (Adult) final form of Scaled Kin (adolescents)
    Show

Scaled Kin adults are not much different than Humans except in the fact that they are stronger usually. The work force of the tribe they are equally practiced in building as in fighting. They make up the majority of scaled kin armies and relish a challenge.

An adult scaled kin surrounded by two Swift Foots.

A scaled kin army on the warpath.

The third to emerge were gigantic brutes of muscle and scale, roaring to the skies in challenge. These were the Thunder Kin aptly named for there roars and intimidating looks.

Spoiler: Thunder Kin (Scaled Kin Variant)-2ap Mythical Sub-Race
    Show

Twice as big as Scaled Kin adults and 3 times as aggressive, the 12 foot tall Thunder Kin can almost exclusively be found in the Arenas or in the midst of the battlefield. Bred for war they make excellent shock Troopers usually leading the charge and bursting into enemy lines causing havoc within enemy tanks usually crushing enemies with there huge war clubs or there boned tails.

Capable of breathing fire there are few men able to stand firmly and unafraid in front of them.

Thunder kin enjoy going into battle with as little armor as possible, there thick scaled hides protecting them from most mundane weaponry. Though terrifying to fight they aren't particularly the fastest fighters around.

And Finally lastly out of the entire group came the Blue Scaled Kin, climbing out of there pits slowly and calmly. The other scaled kin immediately bowing to them, even the Hulking Thunder Kin. There red bodies speckled with blue scales they looked around calculatingly.

Spoiler: Blue Scaled Kin (scaled kin variant) -2ap Mythical sub race
    Show

Calculating, ruthless and extremely intelligent Blue Scaled Kin are The leaders of The Scaled Kin often seen leading the armies or controlling the day to day duties of the tribes. Stronger and Faster than the average Scaled Kin they are a terror on the battlefield often wearing intimidating armor. Learned in the arts of warfare they and much more dangerous than the Thunder Kin. Able to breath fire they are as easily adept at fighting groups they are fighting in single combat making even thunder kin hesitate to fight them. There Bloodline full of power they have abilities even they themselves do not know of yet

Spoiler: Ap cost and domain claim
    Show
    12ap-2-2-2=6ap remaining
    Last edited by DanteTheDragon; 2016-11-24 at 05:52 PM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ettin in the Playground

Meelamman - The Darkest Hour

The reign of Boqor II was a troubled time for the Yaxin of Meelamman. The peaceful prosperity that his father had carved out for their people proved difficult to maintain in a rapidly changing world. There had long been a strange compulsion that drove a small number of the people to abandon their homes to embark upon a pilgrimage to the southeast. No one knew whatever became of those lonely individuals or what it was that they sought, and no real effort had been mounted to discover the cause of their leaving due to the fact that those that left were generally solitary and forlorn.
    Spoiler
    Show
    These are the Yaxin that journey to The Scar to join the Frostrim society

While that was troubling, it was deemed nothing more than a forgotten oddity when the shrieking horror in the night arrived. Something dark and sinister began terrorizing the Yaxin community, with its blood-curdling screams that accompanied an ever growing number of disappearances. Boqor II had ordered great bonfires be lit every true night, guards were posted around the island, and a curfew was strictly enforced. None of that, however, seemed to have any effect, except for the people grew increasingly paranoid and harried. What began as whispered criticisms, soon threatened to become a full blown insurrection.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Night Shrieker plaguing the Yaxin.

The pale and perpetual light that illuminated the northeastern horizon began to fade, giving way to the darkest of nights. The shrieking horror could be heard above the settlement, followed by the footfalls of the guards giving up their pretense and fleeing for cover. Boqor gathered his wife and children, and as they huddled together a tremendous impact and enormous *SPLASH* rocked the Yaxin settlement. Gathering what courage he had, Boqor rose and went to the window. Another impact and *SPLASH*, this time more distant, was enough to motivate him to leave the relative safety of his house and walk out onto the piers and walkways of Meelamman.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nocturne shower!

To his shock and dismay, the night sky was struck through with a hail of blazing meteors crashing to the earth. The piers pitched and rocked with every impact, wildfires raged upon the shoreline, and enormous waves began crashing against the buildings and piers threatening to wash the entire city away. He reeled backwards as one of the meteorites slammed into a nearby building, smashing it to bits, creating a rain of swampy water and flaming timbers. He scrambled back into his house, gathered his family and fled with dozens of other panicked families into the woods across the river.

The Yaxin took small comfort in the fact that the catastrophic event had apparently driven away the shrieking horror, they were simply too shell-shocked to even consider such things. How many hours passed, he did not know, but as his people huddled together helplessly, the southern horizon began to glow, growing brighter and brighter. A great sphere of pure light crested the horizon and ascended into the sky. In the light of the first day, Boqor took stock of what remained of Meelamman. That which was still standing was aflame, and hundreds of bodies lay where they had washed up upon the shore. It was too much, and his shoulders shuddered as he began to weep.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The day/night cycle begins.

A distant scream snapped him back to reality. It was then that he noticed that several of the dead had begun to rise and with an odd shambling gait were walking toward him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ack! Zombies too.
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2016-11-24 at 12:02 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    The Cheenari collectively took a step back at Thersus' outburst. They glanced about, curious at what had just happened and then the lead hunter once again fixed his eyes upon the god. "It was not. Sathwatch is the wild places, without a doubt."

The lead hunter raised himself upright and planted the butt of his spear into the ground and stated"I am Thaack Son of Rrath. I am the current lead hunter of this tribe."
    Meeting of two worlds.

“Thaack son of Rrath, I do not understand. Perhaps I am an ignorant fool but your claim that the Sathwatch is the wild plains, is something I have trouble believing. I have shaken the savanar, this wild plain and no answer, no echo suggesting that this was anything but normal ground.”

Therus paused for a moment. “Please explain how the sathwatch… is the wild plains. What has it done for you little worms?” Something in the booming voice seemed to be unsure.
    Last edited by weet555; 2016-11-24 at 12:53 AM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by weet555 View Post
    Meeting of two worlds.

“Thaack son of Rrath, I do not understand. Perhaps I am an ignorant fool but your claim that the Sathwatch is the wild plains, is something I have trouble believing. I have shaken the savanar, this wild plain and no answer, no echo suggesting that this was anything but normal ground.”

Therus paused for a moment. “Please explain how the sathwatch… is the wild plains. What has it done for you little worms?” Something in the booming voice seemed to be unsure.
    Thaack took a step forward and intoned with a voice which bordered on the musical side before stating. "That is because you call upon him the wrong way."

And so, Thaack displayed for Thesis, a thing which has seldom been seen or heard elsewhere. He called upon The Song of Life as music rippled forward. The winds responded to his call, carrying the scent of Wild flowers. The earth shook and sapling's rose from the earth and grew into trees which bore brilliantly colored fruit that glowed.

He ended his song and explained further"Sathwatch is not the wild places in the sense that he is physically the earth, the grass and the trees and beasts. He is the very spirit of life within these places and through The Song of Life, The Cheenari and even more so, The Takwa connect to our Creator."

The hunter then reached a hand out to catch a fruit as it fell from a tree before biting into it. "I do have a question for you. What is an ocean? What is beyond it? Why leave that behind to come here?"
    Currently Playing
    Lord's of Creation-Titan's Return
    - Il-Na: God of Greed, Luck and Earth

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    There is no need to exert yourself. Simply let me know your needs and they will be met. It walks over to the closest zombie and squats to examine it for a moment. The salt in the sea is grinding away at their joints. I will rectify that. Are they useful to you? I have tried to anticipate your needs, but lacking clear directions it was difficult. I am glad you have come.

She Who Purifies Us is your leader? Does she have insignia? Once I have created some more suitable dwellings, let me know her heraldry and I will decorate it as appropriate. This
    it sketches a symbol out in the snow with its foot is the symbol I have assigned for this type and there is another, bigger, type which I have assigned this - another foot-sketch - symbol. In time your dead will rest with and be cared for by me.
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandDeschain View Post
    Meelamman - The Darkest Hour

The reign of Boqor II was a troubled time for the Yaxin of Meelamman. The peaceful prosperity that his father had carved out for their people proved difficult to maintain in a rapidly changing world. There had long been a strange compulsion that drove a small number of the people to abandon their homes to embark upon a pilgrimage to the southeast. No one knew whatever became of those lonely individuals or what it was that they sought, and no real effort had been mounted to discover the cause of their leaving due to the fact that those that left were generally solitary and forlorn.
    Spoiler
    Show
    These are the Yaxin that journey to The Scar to join the Frostrim society

While that was troubling, it was deemed nothing more than a forgotten oddity when the shrieking horror in the night arrived. Something dark and sinister began terrorizing the Yaxin community, with its blood-curdling screams that accompanied an ever growing number of disappearances. Boqor II had ordered great bonfires be lit every true night, guards were posted around the island, and a curfew was strictly enforced. None of that, however, seemed to have any effect, except for the people grew increasingly paranoid and harried. What began as whispered criticisms, soon threatened to become a full blown insurrection.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Night Shrieker plaguing the Yaxin.

The pale and perpetual light that illuminated the northeastern horizon began to fade, giving way to the darkest of nights. The shrieking horror could be heard above the settlement, followed by the footfalls of the guards giving up their pretense and fleeing for cover. Boqor gathered his wife and children, and as they huddled together a tremendous impact and enormous *SPLASH* rocked the Yaxin settlement. Gathering what courage he had, Boqor rose and went to the window. Another impact and *SPLASH*, this time more distant, was enough to motivate him to leave the relative safety of his house and walk out onto the piers and walkways of Meelamman.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nocturne shower!

To his shock and dismay, the night sky was struck through with a hail of blazing meteors crashing to the earth. The piers pitched and rocked with every impact, wildfires raged upon the shoreline, and enormous waves began crashing against the buildings and piers threatening to wash the entire city away. He reeled backwards as one of the meteorites slammed into a nearby building, smashing it to bits, creating a rain of swampy water and flaming timbers. He scrambled back into his house, gathered his family and fled with dozens of other panicked families into the woods across the river.

The Yaxin took small comfort in the fact that the catastrophic event had apparently driven away the shrieking horror, they were simply too shell-shocked to even consider such things. How many hours passed, he did not know, but as his people huddled together helplessly, the southern horizon began to glow, growing brighter and brighter. A great sphere of pure light crested the horizon and ascended into the sky. In the light of the first day, Boqor took stock of what remained of Meelamman. That which was still standing was aflame, and hundreds of bodies lay where they had washed up upon the shore. It was too much, and his shoulders shuddered as he began to weep.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The day/night cycle begins.

A distant scream snapped him back to reality. It was then that he noticed that several of the dead had begun to rise and with an odd shambling gait were walking toward him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ack! Zombies too.

Necropolis - Illith and Rebek
    Illith seemed to take a moment to process what was said before It touched six of the zombies who shambled into the water. It watched them go before It turned back to Rebek and spoke in the same deep voice. "You do not need to worry about Us for She has granted Us the means to expand. Your gift has helped Us greatly in that capacity for otherwise We were limited to the coasts and seas of this land. They..." It motioned with one set of tentacles at the zombies that entered the water and continued "will spread your symbol and fetch Her symbol so that you may see it."
    At mention of the symbol a pair of zombies return, each with a slightly different symbol. The one on the right is a still living Cephalid, or what could be assumed to be a Cephalid, egg cupped in crafted coral of purples and blues. The one on the left at first resembles the one on the right but on closer examination it's clear it's simply several pieces of coral that have been carved to look as if an egg is resting within. Illith spoke again while motioning to the one on the left "We feel that this one is more suited for such environs. As for what happens with Our dead or when the sea claims your gifts, We care not. We exist to serve Her will."

Meelamman - Khermian Adopus Expedition and Yaxin
    Amidst all the chaos came a mass of shapes underneath the lake. Under the cries was the sound of what could be a whale as slowly clouds began to form in the night sky and a light rain began to fall. Several shapes broke off from the greater pack to investigate the shores and seemed to pause seeing what created the float city that was now in shambles, an Eldrazi approaching the zombies and reaching out with one blue and purple set of tentacles to touch them while a Grozoth popped her pair of heads out of the lake and looked at the strange creatures. For just long enough to be concerning they remained silent until finally the Grozoth bowed her head and the Eldrazi turned to face the Yaxin with it's bony head.
    The Eldrazi was the one to speak in a deep voice of their preferred language that seemed to shake those involved to the core. "We realize now is a bad time to explore. We mean no harm though, we simply wish to help provide aid and order in what appears to be a chaotic time. We are the Khermian Adopus, explorers of the Creeping Polyps. This one..." It motioned with a tentacle to one of the Yaxin Zombies "mentions you are known as the Yaxin? We are unsure if we got that correct though."
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

Meelamman - Strange Days

The animated dead figures shambled toward the growing community of displaced Yaxin and....stopped. They stood stock still with vapid, soulless expression on their reptilian faces, making no attempt to communicate with those that were once their kin. Horrified, Boqor II retreated to huddle with his family, but his eldest son placed a hand upon his father's shoulder and strode forward to examine the zombies. He gathered a number of the guardsmen of the assembled tribes and had them begin to move the zombies away from the survivors of the calamitous long night. Quietly addressing the warriors, "My father is...ill, but the people need comfort and leadership. Take the...dead beyond the grove of trees, and be gentle with them, while they appear to be no threat, they were once someone's father, mother, son, or daughter. The last thing these people need is to see the remains of their loved one's mistreated."

As the newly risen sun disappeared behind rain laden clouds, Boqor III returned to his parents. Looking long at his father and noting his blank expression he turned to his mother,"See after father. I'm afraid recent events have overcome his sense of self...." Another scream followed by shouts of "Monster!" cut him short. He whirled to see a strange and oddly formed creature rise up from the waters of the Syman Sea and speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunhaven View Post
    "We realize now is a bad time to explore. We mean no harm though, we simply wish to help provide aid and order in what appears to be a chaotic time. We are the Khermian Adopus, explorers of the Creeping Polyps. This one..." It motioned with a tentacle to one of the Yaxin Zombies "mentions you are known as the Yaxin? We are unsure if we got that correct though."
    Casting a quick look about at the huddled adults to see if anyone would respond, and seeing none, Boqor III approached the shoreline speaking with a calm and confident tone, "We are indeed the Yaxin. Your words are ours, but your form is alien to us. It is our way to welcome guests into our homes, offering rest and succor to other in their time of need. Alas, however, you come to us in an hour of some...unusual difficulty. The night fell darker than any true night in history, and then the heavens rained fire and destruction across the sea and land. Nonetheless, I offer you our traditional greeting." Bowing at the waist with open hands extended, "If you are well, that is good. If you are in need, partake of what we can offer. The people of the...er...Khermian Adopus are welcome."

Casting a glance at the Yaxin zombie that the creature had touched, "It is not my right to ask anything not freely offered from a guest, but what know you of the...walking dead. Such a thing was unknown to me and our people until this very day. Was it you that brought them forth? From whence does the great orb arise in the sky to cast its harsh and garish gaze upon us? You arrival seems to coincide with events of great portent."

As a pearly white crane alighted upon the swampy shoreline, murmurs and whispers of admiration swept across the Yaxin encampment referring to "Boqor The Younger".
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2016-11-24 at 01:18 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170

Flumph

The Nocturne Shard
    As the Wanderer traveled along the Upper Webiga, he found that the land was pitted in many places by the impact of numerous meteorites when he first came upon such a place, he stopped to investigate, and found the meteorites to be composed of some strange metal. "Nocturne..." he said to himself, the name coming to him as it sometimes did. He took is staff and struck the meteorite, causing a piece to break off. Picking it up, he found it to be about the size and shape of a dagger, though rough and dull. It could be useful, but he had over-exerted himself while testing out his powers. Further testing would have to wait. He tucked the shard into his belt and carried on.

Meelamman and the First Dawn
    It was some days after when the Wanderer began to draw near to the place where Meelamman lay, though he knew not of such a place, and his finding of it was naught but luck. Before he arrived, however, a great sphere if light began to rise over the southwestern horizon. The Pack howled to the sky, offering ts challenge to this strange thing. The Sun, the Wanderer thought. What a strange thing. It intrigued him. One more thing to ask questions of. Still, his eyes had grown accustomed to darkness, and would require time to adjust to this new, blinding arrival. So he grabbed some reeds from the riverbank and wove himself a wide-brimmed hat.
    It was then that he saw smoke rising over the horizon, from the place where the unknown Meelaman lay. So he said to the hound which was with him, the one he had called Cerberus, and said, "Go and see what that is. If it danger, offer the warning howl. If it is a being which may be spoken to, offer the celebration howl. Otherwise, return." The hound bounded off towards the fire, and the Wanderer settled himself down upon a boulder to wait.

Show

Meelamman - Strange Days

The animated dead figures shambled toward the growing community of displaced Yaxin and....stopped. They stood stock still with vapid, soulless expression on their reptilian faces, making no attempt to communicate with those that were once their kin. Horrified, Boqor II retreated to huddle with his family, but his eldest son placed a hand upon his father's shoulder and strode forward to examine the zombies. He gathered a number of the guardsmen of the assembled tribes and had them begin to move the zombies away from the survivors of the calamitous long night. Quietly addressing the warriors, "My father is...ill, but the people need comfort and leadership. Take the...dead beyond the grove of trees, and be gentle with them, while they appear to be no threat, they were once someone's father, mother, son, or daughter. The last thing these people need is to see the remains of their loved one's mistreated."

As the newly risen sun disappeared behind rain laden clouds, Boqor III returned to his parents. Looking long at his father and noting his blank expression he turned to his mother,"See after father. I'm afraid recent events have overcome his sense of self...." Another scream followed by shouts of "Monster!" cut him short. He whirled to see a strange and oddly formed creature rise up from the waters of the Syman Sea and speak.

Casting a quick look about at the huddled adults to see if anyone would respond, and seeing none, Boqor III approached the shoreline speaking with a calm and confident tone, "We are indeed the Yaxin. Your words are ours, but your form is alien to us. It is our way to welcome guests into our homes, offering rest and succor to other in their time of need. Alas, however, you come to us in an hour of some...unusual difficulty. Nonetheless, I offer you our traditional greeting." Bowing at the waist with open hands extended, "If you are well, that is good. If you are in need, partake of what we can offer. The people of the...er...Khermian Adopus are welcome."

Casting a glance at the Yaxin zombie that the creature had touched, "It is not my right to ask anything not freely offered from a guest, but what know you of the...walking dead. Such a thing was unknown to me and our people until this very day? Was it you that brought them forth?"

As a pearly white crane alighted upon the swampy shoreline, murmurs and whispers of admiration swept across the Yaxin encampment referring to "Boqor The Younger".

It was then that a long, and musical howl echoed over the land. As it's sound fell upon the crocodile-folk, they felt their spirits uplifted by its joyous notes. Though the terrors of recent times had far from left them, they now found themselves to be less affected.
    Miles away, the Wanderer smiled and rose. His spirit, too, was elated. The celebration howl had been offer. His questions would at last have answers!

Show
    -0 AP (Bless, Payed for with On the Travels of a Nameless Wanderer): The Celebration Howl The uplifting song of the Celebration Howl has touched the very souls of the Yaxin. It is now far more difficult for them to fall into despair, and they will remain hopeful through even the worst of disasters.

Didn't actually spend any AP, so still sitting at a mighty 2.
    Last edited by CrazyPenguin; 2016-11-25 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Was outdated by the time I posted it, and also there was a typo

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

Meelamman

As Boqor the Younger waited for a response to his queries, an other-worldly howl echoed over the waters of the Syman Sea. It was an oddly heartening note that seemed to wake the Yaxin from their shocked stupor. The ragged encampment began to move as men, women, and children began to rouse themselves and set about gathering up what remained of their belongings. Several menfolk started gathering up wood for cook fires, as the womenfolk tended to the wounded and distressed. It wasn't long before the laughter of children and the aroma of numerous stewpost wafted from the refugee camp.

Had anyone taken the time to notice, the solitary crane crooked its head at the howl before nodding and returning to its apparent absent-mind examination of the shoreline.
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2016-11-24 at 01:37 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172

PirateWench

Show
    Illith seemed to take a moment to process what was said before It touched six of the zombies who shambled into the water. It watched them go before It turned back to Rebek and spoke in the same deep voice. "You do not need to worry about Us for She has granted Us the means to expand. Your gift has helped Us greatly in that capacity for otherwise We were limited to the coasts and seas of this land. They..." It motioned with one set of tentacles at the zombies that entered the water and continued "will spread your symbol and fetch Her symbol so that you may see it."
    At mention of the symbol a pair of zombies return, each with a slightly different symbol. The one on the right is a still living Cephalid, or what could be assumed to be a Cephalid, egg cupped in crafted coral of purples and blues. The one on the left at first resembles the one on the right but on closer examination it's clear it's simply several pieces of coral that have been carved to look as if an egg is resting within. Illith spoke again while motioning to the one on the left "We feel that this one is more suited for such environs. As for what happens with Our dead or when the sea claims your gifts, We care not. We exist to serve Her will."

Rebek inspects the egg carefully and, if allowed, takes it to turn it over in her hands and examine it from all angles. She does interrupt her examination to give a brief, approving, nod at the mention of existing only to serve Her will, though.

I will see your insignia is spread across your dwellings. Sadly, I need to rest before I can fully realise that, for which I apologise. As I have said, the Necropolis is not complete and there are some things that require more of my energy than they ultimately will.

I am glad you are communicating well with them. Giving them a full knowledge of language would impede their utility - I do not wish to introduce even so minor a choice as "what to say next" - but your mental powers seem adept at overcoming that. There are likely other methods being trialled in the world, although I have gifted but a tiny few of the races so far: some rock creatures, some fast moving spotted creatures and two of the races within your domain. I understand there is a third and now
    she gestures at Ilith a fourth. But your type, I think, would not be suitable. I am excited if she is, her voice doesn't show it at all to see what the other races have done with my creatures. May I share our techniques and successes with them? It may inspire them.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

Biyaha - Headwaters of the Webi

Ascending the soaring heights of Kacaya Falls, The Father of Waters traveled across the uplands flowing toward the distant mountains. Here the river was warm and murky due to the rich, loamy soil of the surrounding savannas. For a time he forgot himself and his purpose, if indeed he had one. He lay hidden just below the waters watching the grazing herds of the uplands approach the waters edge, and driven by a sudden insatiable hunger, assumed a form similar to that of the great alligators of the Syman Sea. Lunging from the water's edge he snapped his mighty jaws down upon an unsuspecting wildebeest, dragging it to the depths of the river where he rolled and tumbled until the life ran out of the poor beast. The blood-lust of his sudden and inexplicable appetite grew as he feasted on his kill serving onlty to turn his mood more hostile and vicious. Thus was the freshwater crocodile introduced to the savannas adjacent to the Webi River.

Spoiler: Crocs!
    Show

Having exorcised his strange and foul mood, Biyaha left behind the open savanna and continued upriver until he came to a lake at the foot of the northeastern mountains. He scanned the ridge of jagged, black stone peaks and named them Qydoxans or Black Spires. In the east soared an enormous mountain of fire, but to the west arose a great snowcapped peak gleaming with a beautiful light. Biyaha went west, following the ever diminishing waters that fed the headwaters of the Webi, until he ascended the shining mountain. There above the tree line, his form had become thin and shallow as he stretched out upon the thousands of tiny rivulets of melting snow, but before him arose a massive pair of shining gates. He pulled upon the melting mountain snow to craft for himself a body to approach the gates. It was a thing he had never attempted before resulting in a ugly, clumsy form that shambled awkwardly toward the gates. Placing his hands upon the gate he instantly recognized the energy contained within, and the source of the light. This was the wellspring from whence souls arose; souls that he himself had helped craft.

Standing there with his lumpy, ill-formed hand of snow upon The Shining Gate Biyaha gazed out over the lands of Dalalkan. The souls of the sentient peoples of the world sparkled across the landscape like sunlight flickering over a vast ocean. Looking closer, however, he could make out the softly glowing spirits of the multitude of the First World's mundane life; that which lived yet lacked the consciousness often defined as sentience. Life forms beyond counting, many of which possessed a sense of self, instincts, emotions and even awareness of concepts such as community and selflessness. As he looked on, he witnessed many of softly glowing lights snuffed by death, and the minuscule flashes of new spirits being born.

"For those simpler lifeforms that are born, struggle, live, and die there is no life beyond the First World, which is as it should be. However, let their lives and struggles go not forgotten, but rather woven back into the tapestry of the land, the water, the sky, and stones of the world."

Spoiler: AP Accounting
    Show
    Beginning AP = 14 AP + 1DF Charge
    • -2 AP Create Mythical Sub-Concept(Souls+Song of Life): Animism - Even the simplest mundane lifeforms are possessed of "spirits" that do not vanish upon their death, but rather infuse The First World itself with a rudimentary form of collective consciousness. The water, the earth, the wind, and the stones of the First World do not become a living thing, but rather a repository for the departed spirits of mundane lifeforms. This is likely to have a significant impact on many forms of sentient life such as the Sinica and the Takwa, as well as any other lifeform that has the ability to commune with nature or tap into this "collective consciousness" by utilizing the Song of Life.

Ending AP = 14AP -2AP = 12AP + 1DF Charge
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2016-11-26 at 11:04 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174

RogueGuy

Spoiler: The questions
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
    Thaack took a step forward and intoned with a voice which bordered on the musical side before stating. "That is because you call upon him the wrong way."

And so, Thaack displayed for Thesis, a thing which has seldom been seen or heard elsewhere. He called upon The Song of Life as music rippled forward. The winds responded to his call, carrying the scent of Wild flowers. The earth shook and sapling's rose from the earth and grew into trees which bore brilliantly colored fruit that glowed.

He ended his song and explained further"Sathwatch is not the wild places in the sense that he is physically the earth, the grass and the trees and beasts. He is the very spirit of life within these places and through The Song of Life, The Cheenari and even more so, The Takwa connect to our Creator."

The hunter then reached a hand out to catch a fruit as it fell from a tree before biting into it. "I do have a question for you. What is an ocean? What is beyond it? Why leave that behind to come here?"

Answers and the song of life.

While the elves and cheenari traded, the god pondered Thaack’s words. A deep hum came from Therus, it seemed like notes of the song of life but echoed hundreds of times. The sapling started to shake then grow and finally its branches started to twist.

This will be very useful, I had never considered mortals could use an art like this. Therus looked down at the lead hunter’s face. “I did not considered the Sathwatch to be that sort of entity and I don’t know why I didn’t consider it. To answer your questions: an ocean is like a vast lake, many of them streak to the horizon and are deeper than most mountains are tall.

As for what lies beyond the ocean why crossed, is the island Jyhennia, a realm of forests and the home land of the elves. The reason I left this realm is to find mortal worms, see how they squirm and have a little fun along the way. I can’t give one singular reason why the worms that follow I choose to, for there are countless reasons.”

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ettin in the Playground

Biyaha - The Shining Gate

Turning back to the Shining Gate, Biyaha pushed open the portal and entered Atheris, the realm of purity and light. While infused with positive energy and glowing with life, the plane was almost entirely featureless. The Father of Waters pulled at the snows of the mountain, growing exponentially and then collapsing back into his more accustom form of a giant meandering river. He lay down across Atheris, leaving behind a river of pure streaming light that cut its path through a world teeming with life's potential. The river of light that flows through Atheris is known as The Isha, or The Source.

Spoiler: The Isha River
    Show

From the Isha arose a long flowing and fluid arm that pulled closed the Shining Gate, then withdrew into the river of light. The Father of Waters sped across Atheris, carried upon the currents of the luminous river until he experienced the euphoria of an age passed when he once traversed the waters of The Beyond. He pushed through the boundaries of Atheris and flowed into The Beyond. Here in the realm of dreams he found himself in the waters of Lake Habeenka at the base of the Kacaya Falls.

The disorientation he felt during his one and only previous visit to The Beyond returned, but this time he found travelling the plane much easier. Having grown in power and experience he was now able to manipulate the properties of the Realm of Dreams, willing himself where he wanted to go. This time when he stumbled upon the Paths of the Beyond, he knew where he wanted to go and how to get there. So it was that he returned to The Scar, flowing through the inky waters of the Ruux River. Pushing up the Masdooxa, Valley of the Serpent he sought the headwaters of the dark and foreboding river. Came he at last to a black lake just outside The Scar, where the waters of the Ruux gathered in the shadows and silence of The Beyond's iteration of the Southern Mountains. As he pooled into the lake that he named The Murug , or Lake of Sorrow, he was nearly overcome with grief and sorrow, feeling only loss and the pull of death. As he had upon the plane of Atheris, he pushed through the boundaries of The Beyond and spilled into The Moonlit Grove of Broken Lilies.

Here he found a realm of cold darkness, grief, and death. As he had upon Atheris, he carved a channel across the plane, this time creating a river of pure inky darkness. The River Dhiman, or River of Death. Unlike the winding natural rivers of The First World and even the Isha upon Atheris, the River Dhiman cut through the immense empty palace crafted by Rebek the Silent. It was a straight and narrow channel of static black waters running the length of the realm before connecting with the black featureless circle that was the portal to The First World. Biyaha left behind The Moonlit Grove of Broken Lilies, and flowed into the Ruux River near the city of Necropolis.

Spoiler: Dhiman River
    Show

Show
    Starting AP = 12AP + DF Charge
    • -1AP Alter Land: Isha River - River of pure light that traverses Atheris.
    • -2AP Create Portal: The Hallowed Falls - Atheris is linked to The Beyond. The portal opens into Atheris opposite the Shining Gate, and opens into the Beyond at the base of Kacaya Falls.
    • -1AP Alter Land: Dhiman River - River of pure darkness that traverses the Moonlit Grove of Broken Lilies.
    • -2AP Create Portal: Vestibule of Damnation -The Moonlit Grove of Broken Lilies is linked to The Beyond. The Portal opens within the nameless palace of Rebek opposite the portal to the First World. In the Beyond the portal opens in the waters of Lake Murug.

Death Panoply
    • Serpent's Breath 1AP
    • Simmering Resentment 1AP
    • Masdooxa(Valley of the Serpent) 1AP
    • Dhiman River 1AP
    • Animism 2AP
    • The Hallowed Falls 2AP
    • The Vestibule of Damnation 2AP

Claim Domain: Life(Yaxin)
    • Isha River 1AP
    • Yaxia 2AP
    • Meelamman 2AP
    • The Doyen 2AP
    • Torc of Insight 3AP

Ending AP = 12AP -1AP -1AP - 2AP -2AP = 6AP + DF Charge
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2016-11-26 at 11:05 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzan Aura View Post
    Show

The movements of Ezoth slowed down, then stopped for a few seconds before going back to their usual rythm.
    A deity in need could become an ally indeed. If help is provided.

I forgot to introduce myself. I am Ezoth, known as the Starlit One to Dream Sprites. My duty is to protect dreamers from nightmares and ensure souls get a peaceful place to rest in when they come here.

They paused.

You do not sound like you made the nightmares on purpose, and perhaps you could let me help you, who tries to find rest and peace in your sleep, so that events like this would be less likely to happen. Perhaps you could introduce yourself.

Althrough Ezoth was hard to read as they lacked a proper "face" in their appearance, some hints of concern could be heard through their voice when Yag-Azreal started to cry.

The Sleeping God and the Dreamer - The Grand Observatory

Now is was the Lurker's turn to gaze upon the other god, its ancient eyes judging and considering the younger god before it. Naive, kind, young and well-intentioned. And that name, the starry one... in this other god, Yag-Azreal saw itself, freshly born, wide-eyed and innocent, looking out into the world at and how they could change it. And the next tear to fall down Beathan's cheek was for Ezoth. "Child..." The Lurker would say, hesitating for just a moment before saying something entirely different. "I have many, many names, gathered from worlds and dreams so numerous that the constelations in your form would be tiny in comparison." It would begin, silent voice sounding tired... and somehow bitter. "One, I was Gaia, Creation's Breath. Another, Nulles, the hand of Oblivion. The dragon, the prince, the shapeless void. The guardian of dreams, and the father of nightmares. They are old hats to me now..." The dull glimmer of stars would twinkle from within the deitie's eyes as it began to list name after name, some in languages that could not be comprehended, and others that spoke as if from the throats of a chorus of singers. Titles and names that no longer held any meaning.

Noticing that the world began to turn, and that dawn was rising along the horizon of the Beyond, the conscious fragment of the deity would begin to move its host to the window, some small part of it looking forward to welcoming in the first true dawn. Gesturing to Ezoth, the Sleeper would whisper, "Ah, the first real sunrise... in every life, and every world, this has always been my favorite. Perhaps, this I shall remember as well. Do you wish to join me?" It would ask, stopping its rambling to awate the response of its conversation partner. Turning to watch the sky turn from violet, to red, to that white gold that it had grown to know on so many worlds, an eagerness to see how this one was different present that the god would not admit to, the Sleeper would sigh and lean Beathan's sleep-body against the window cill.

"But if a solitary name and the titles that go with it are required, then I suppose that you sould call me by the names that the mortals of this world have called me." Looking into Beathan's mind, the ancient god would tell its younger companion, "I am Yag-Azreal, the Void Dragon, the Weeping God, the... Lurker in the Darkness... World Eater..." The silence would become truly still, even the night god's own paradoxical words no longer present within the lack of noise as it realized, "Even as I slumber, they think of me as a monster?"

As this realization began to sink in, the first rays of daylight struck Beathan's face. The light poured into her eyes, searing away the tears as they ripped into the being possessing her body, and then the dragon began to scream. A true sound, blood-curdling and wracked with pain, would come from the bard as her shadow writhed and twisted like a living thing, the god within the elf's body struggling and scrambling as it tried to find a place away from the burning agony that was the morning.

Wrenching itself from Beathan, while also writhing throughout the castle of memories, the rapidly-awakening god would scream loud enough to be heard through the silence permiating its castle. The dragon would take form within the Observatory, leaving its mortal host tocollapse to the ground as tendrils of shadow ripped shelves from the walls, and the god hid itself from the light within deeper, darker shadows, under a mountain of books and furniture. From deep, deep within the clutter, Yag-Azreal's voice would hiss, "Who... did... this... to... me?" Its voice was unmasked, unbridled fury. While power was gathering to the dragon as it awoke the shapeless body of the beast writhing and flailing through the land of the Beyond below them, and the dragon would turn its gaze to Ezoth. The silence that followed would demand answers that the young god could not give to their elder, for there was none to be had.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    I know that no one cursed Yag-Azreal, and that technically daylight has no actual harmful effects on it. However, I'm playing it so that the Void (Night) domain makes the Lurker vulnerable to pure sunlight, and it does not know that this is the reason why.

The Bards - The rain of Death

Before the sun had truly begun to rise for them, the mortal council of Frostrim being at a lower altitude, and thus discovering true daylight later than the god they foolishly tried to contain, the dragon would begin to thrash and scream out in pain. Every attempt to calm it was rebuked, every spell shattered and inverted to bind the bards as the beast began to rise, and even the masters of the First Song, in their full Choirs, would find themselves struggling to even stand as a true Note from the song that had sparked creation itself rang out. Pure, true, and giving an irresistable command, it would free the immortal avatar from its bindings, and allow another shard of the awakening intellect to command the mortals gathered around it, "Fools, have you any idea what you have done?! Go out, stop wasting your time and magic with me, and save as many of your companions as you can!"

The bards, confused almost as much at the command as they were at the fact that the glimmering beast had not consumed them all, would begin to leave the cavern... only to be met with a flood of the injured, dying and fleeing refugees of Frostrim. Upon the First World, the Nocturne Showers had begun, and already they wrecked a terrible tole upon the southern peninsula's living. With the dragon's forewarning, and the assistance of the masters (who found their power oddly bolstered with the dragon's awakening... as if it were fully focused), 3/4 of the citizens of Frostrim managed to survive the Night when Death burnt through the sky, as the event would come to be called. Hiding within the Dragon's cave, sheltered from the storm for the moment and yet fearing collapse, word of the god's awakening would spread like wildfire.

Some said that the world was ending, and that the fire and rock falling from the sky was the World Eater's first action in enacting its judgement. Others called them fools, and proclaimed that the Lurker had only stirred when disaster was about to strike as a warning to the bards and the rest of the mortals it had gathered. And still others cried out that it was the Dragon's revenge upon them for enslaving it to its slumber, while they stole their magic and power from it.

But all through their arguing, there would be a silent group that had gathered to Yag-Azreal itself as it sat at the entrance to the cavern. The nebulas in its eyes swirled with its hatred, burning brighter and hotter as the dawn began to reach the flattened towns and communities that had been errected. The Nocturne Showers had ended, yes... but the dragon still sat, and its wrath for the dawn was shared by the mortals that sat beside it. One by one, these councilors would return to their community, and soon all would know and all would rally behind one idea: Yag-Azreal had not sent the Nocturne Showers, but they had heralded the dawn, and the sun is what had awoken the dragon in the first place. And so all of them began to grow to resent, and soon hate this glowing orb, as their god hated its creator. And so, Frostrim moved themselves below the mountains, where Night Shriekers could not pose any threat, and where they could escape the sun's hellish gaze. Only at night would they leave the caverns, but each of them carried with them a promise from the dragon...

They need not frear the light for much longer.

The Dragon in its Lair - Castle of Memories

The few bards and other individuals foolish enough to try fleeing into the Castle of Memories would not return to tell the tail, for the rain of death was present there as well. Even so, some might have lived... were it not for the writhing god that was within as well. The castle might have been mostly spared, had not Yag-Azreal, in its agony, flown into a blind fury, a rampage that only ended once the sun had reached its Zenith. Half of the castle, and all living beings besides a few of the shades that had managed to escape, lay scattered and shattered along the Beyond, leaving the castle in ruins, and dozens more dead. Yag-Azreal's main core lurked within the keep, which had been remarkably left untouched, orbs hovering in the deepest darkness it could find. And there the god Lurked... and waited for its opportunity.

Spoiler: AP actions
    Show
    Starting AP: 4

-4 AP: Create Avatar: Yag-Azreal now has an avatar within the mortal world, with many (if not all) of the capabilities and forms its progenitor possesses. Is is currently within the Southern Peninsula, and is protecting the community of Frostrim from harm.

Gain Domain: Magic (Evocation) For the Void Dragon carries in it the First Song itself, and from this does the magic of the Bards flow. It was only a matter of when the song woukd become a part of the dragon's being, and thereby an eternal part of the creature's unnaturally long life.
    -4 AP Mythical concept Evocation
    -2 AP sub concept Choral Magic
    -2 AP sub concept Power Words
    -2 AP sub concept Song of Rest

Ending AP: 0

27. - Top - End - #177
    Firbolg in the Playground

Amid the burning rain of nocturne, there was one meteor that burned especially bright as it streaked across the night sky, a broken tooth from the chorus of gears, a fragment of passion and heat cast out of the divine machine of cold order. It plummeted through the darkness, leaving a trail of fire in its wake, until it finally slammed into the earth with a mighty crash that shook the ground for miles in every direction and threw a great plume of dirt and dust and ash into the sky. The impactor buried itself deep in the earth, punching through soil, stone, and bedrock, and still continuing to bore, seemingly driven on by some unseen force, until it broke through the very crust of the world and fell into the molten mantle. There, the meteor sank deeper and deeper into the molten stone, melting away as it dropped toward the core of the planet. Soon, the meteor itself was no more, its physical form swirling in the convection currents, but still, there was something that continued to fall, all the way to the very core, becoming one with the burning heart of the planet itself.

On the surface, there was only a smoldering crater and a ragged hole. Then, up from the depths welled the blood of the world, molten stone, smoking and burning as it met the air, cooled, and solidified, only to be subsumed as yet more molten earth surged up from the depths to cover it in turn. For three days and three nights, the lava flowed freely, filling the impact crater until it was a lake of fire, boiling and bubbling. For three days the lake cooled, hardened, until it was a broad shield of smooth black stone. Then, on the seventh day, the ground shook. The shield buckled, then burst, violently exploding in a shower of molten stone that set the fields ablaze. A surge of magma rose from the depths once more, and from the tide of fire rose a figure, a being made entirely of molten rock that burst forth to take its first steps onto the scorched earth. Flames flickered to life on its head and shoulders, growing stronger, larger, until he bore hair of flames and a flowing cape of fire. Eyes of white-hot flame opened and looked out upon the world before them, at the the molten earth that surged and cooled and surged again, building up higher and higher, the beginnings of a towering volcano. The being smiled, for there was a whole new world before him.

Ka’mina, the unbound flame had arrived.

Show

Starting AP: 16
    -1 AP: Alter Lands: Ka’Mina’s violent birth gives rise to a towering volcano, The Burning Throne. Picking a spot randomly, let’s say the site is the hex three spaces east of the ‘A’ in ‘Lower Webiga’.
    Ending AP: 15
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    Meelamman - Strange Days

Casting a quick look about at the huddled adults to see if anyone would respond, and seeing none, Boqor III approached the shoreline speaking with a calm and confident tone, "We are indeed the Yaxin. Your words are ours, but your form is alien to us. It is our way to welcome guests into our homes, offering rest and succor to other in their time of need. Alas, however, you come to us in an hour of some...unusual difficulty. The night fell darker than any true night in history, and then the heavens rained fire and destruction across the sea and land. Nonetheless, I offer you our traditional greeting." Bowing at the waist with open hands extended, "If you are well, that is good. If you are in need, partake of what we can offer. The people of the...er...Khermian Adopus are welcome."

Casting a glance at the Yaxin zombie that the creature had touched, "It is not my right to ask anything not freely offered from a guest, but what know you of the...walking dead. Such a thing was unknown to me and our people until this very day. Was it you that brought them forth? From whence does the great orb arise in the sky to cast its harsh and garish gaze upon us? You arrival seems to coincide with events of great portent."

Meelamman

As Boqor the Younger waited for a response to his queries, an other-worldly howl echoed over the waters of the Syman Sea. It was an oddly heartening note that seemed to wake the Yaxin from their shocked stupor. The ragged encampment began to move as men, women, and children began to rouse themselves and set about gathering up what remained of their belongings. Several menfolk started gathering up wood for cook fires, as the womenfolk tended to the wounded and distressed. It wasn't long before the laughter of children and the aroma of numerous stewpost wafted from the refugee camp.

Had anyone taken the time to notice, the solitary crane crooked its head at the howl before nodding and returning to its apparent absent-mind examination of the shoreline.
    Show

Rebek inspects the egg carefully and, if allowed, takes it to turn it over in her hands and examine it from all angles. She does interrupt her examination to give a brief, approving, nod at the mention of existing only to serve Her will, though.

I will see your insignia is spread across your dwellings. Sadly, I need to rest before I can fully realise that, for which I apologise. As I have said, the Necropolis is not complete and there are some things that require more of my energy than they ultimately will.

I am glad you are communicating well with them. Giving them a full knowledge of language would impede their utility - I do not wish to introduce even so minor a choice as "what to say next" - but your mental powers seem adept at overcoming that. There are likely other methods being trialled in the world, although I have gifted but a tiny few of the races so far: some rock creatures, some fast moving spotted creatures and two of the races within your domain. I understand there is a third and now
    she gestures at Ilith a fourth. But your type, I think, would not be suitable. I am excited if she is, her voice doesn't show it at all to see what the other races have done with my creatures. May I share our techniques and successes with them? It may inspire them.

Meelamman - Strange Days, Khermian Adopus Expedition and Yaxin
    The Eldrazi gazed at Boqur for a moment before it attempted to mimic the action, the creatures in the sea appearing to do the same, before they returned to an upright position. It took a moment longer to speak again, saying ”We are not the creators of your…zombies we believe is the word they use. If you command them then you will receive a flash of insight on who blessed you with them, just as we have.
    We of the sea have hardly noticed the shifting sky, the Tentacled Mistress providing us with light as She deems fitting. We had noticed the arrival of the meteors during our expeditions and to the east at Zarnia but we have been blessed with the ocean to protect us from the greatest danger.”
    It looked back at the Grozoth and nodded as several more forms began the slow approach toward land. Four living and four zombie Cephalids, a living and dead Kraken, the Eldrazi, and the Grozoth each moved toward the shore and stood so that the Yaxin could view them.
    As they began to move once again, the Grozoth spoke in a slow and halting manner, obviously not used to using her mouths as they slightly echoed each other. ”We are creatures of the sea. The Eldrazi, the Kraken, the Cephalids, and the Grozoth” with each species being pointed out to the Yaxin that still observed the newcomers as she spoke, adding ”are all created to serve a purpose. We were hoping you would be willing to join us and explore this…land together.”

Necropolis – Illith and Rebek
    The zombie in charge of either symbol freely gave them to the creator before Illith touched them and sent them back to form ranks once again. It nodded and said ”We understand the need for rest. We do not wish to rush you in your tasks, We simply wished to thank you for your blessings. The Grozoth remain untouched, the ones that guide spread Her word throughout Our race. As for teaching…” It paused and contemplated how to perform said teaching before It ultimately settled on reaching out with one tentacle toward the deity.
    Illith said ”The Shifting Reality has many techniques to help guide them that We are thankful still work despite the new form they take. If you will take O..My tentacle I should be able to show you Our methods so that you can spread them to the other races you bless.” If such an offer is taken then Illith will teach Rebek the basics of both psionics and illusions, limiting it to Hallucinations and Illusions respectively. There’s no need to see the stronger techniques that won’t help guide the dead in their tasks spread, after all.
    Spoiler: Clarification if needed
    Show
    Since I’m using actual skills to help dictate what I can and can’t do with my concepts (except Coralcrafting since that was just a minor thing): Teaching up to Hallucinations in Telepathy (and by extension everything from Psionics except MindBar and PortraitReading since the only ones who can use Id are the Grozoth) and Illusions in Illusions.
    That way I don’t have to hear rabble about domination happening from other races, because the only ones who can do it aren’t going to teach it to anyone else.
    New job, who dis?

29. - Top - End - #179

PirateWench

Spoiler
    Show

Necropolis – Illith and Rebek
    The zombie in charge of either symbol freely gave them to the creator before Illith touched them and sent them back to form ranks once again. It nodded and said ”We understand the need for rest. We do not wish to rush you in your tasks, We simply wished to thank you for your blessings. The Grozoth remain untouched, the ones that guide spread Her word throughout Our race. As for teaching…” It paused and contemplated how to perform said teaching before It ultimately settled on reaching out with one tentacle toward the deity.
    Illith said ”The Shifting Reality has many techniques to help guide them that We are thankful still work despite the new form they take. If you will take O..My tentacle I should be able to show you Our methods so that you can spread them to the other races you bless.” If such an offer is taken then Illith will teach Rebek the basics of both psionics and illusions, limiting it to Hallucinations and Illusions respectively. There’s no need to see the stronger techniques that won’t help guide the dead in their tasks spread, after all.
    Spoiler: Clarification if needed
    Show
    Since I’m using actual skills to help dictate what I can and can’t do with my concepts (except Coralcrafting since that was just a minor thing): Teaching up to Hallucinations in Telepathy (and by extension everything from Psionics except MindBar and PortraitReading since the only ones who can use Id are the Grozoth) and Illusions in Illusions.
    That way I don’t have to hear rabble about domination happening from other races, because the only ones who can do it aren’t going to teach it to anyone else.
    [/QUOTE]

Rebek, the Silent Servant nods Indeed, there is no... whatever he is about to say is interrupted though as a ball of flame crashes in to housing on the other side of the empty town. The buildings are stone, the ground snow so the flames go out quickly but the snow quickly melts away to expose the bedrock - perfectly smooth - and many buildings are damaged.

If Rebek is surprised he doesn't show it, as emotionless as ever. He merely turns briefly to Illith - Excuse me one moment. I should attend to that - and starts walking over. After only a few paces, though, he stops. Another might have muttered something to themselves at this point ("Actually..") but Rebek does not speak unless necessary. All he does is turn and start walking back, but Illith's closeness to a deity would likely allow him to sense the divine energy being expended. Out of sight, on the other side of the Ruux, the large stone halls start to fill up as the world is subtly altered.

It doesn't take Illith's sensitivity to spot the next action, though. Rebek visibly fades for a brief moment as he transfers some of his very essence in to the land. Perhaps Illith's connection wavers for a second, perhaps it doesn't, but all present are suddenly aware that they are standing on land consecrated and holy to the being in front of them.

Moments later, corpses of all races start to emerge from the sheds and shamble towards the wreckage. Utterly unconcerned with their own safety they suffer many losses through rockfalls but are eventually able to start working on repairs. With that done they start to, less crudely than one would expect, engrave the broken coral egg symbol on a few street's worth of dwellings.

My apologies. I am unsure why that happened. Regardless. Dwellings suitable for yourself are being prepared. I thank you for teaching my your wisdom, it will enable others to make full use of their servants, potentially. Some time ago I granted servants to a land race in the north - spotted creatures capable of great speed. I have no doubt that they have developed similar techniques for control and I will of course see that She Who Denies You is made aware of them. I fondly imagine them running and hunting together, perhaps even holding hands and laughing as they attempt to have my servants join in their songs. At the end of the day, they will relax and have fresh water and fruits brought to them. I am absolutely certain that is how that is currently panning out. There will be no surprises whatsoever when I go and check.

I have further granted servants to some creatures made of rock and some other scaly creatures, that I need to check upon. Again, I will ensure such knowledge as is available is disseminated.

I should visit the scaled creatures soon.

Show
    AP: 0 PAP: 0

+4 AP - Rollover

-1 AP Corpse Relocation

Corpse still fade from the world as per Corpse Incorporeality. But now, instead of going to whatever nothingness they previously went to, when they fade from wherever they were they appear in the large sheds on the eastern bank of the Ruuz - each race appearing in the shed that bears its symbol.

-3 AP Infusion - Holy Land (The Necropolis)
    Corpses in the sheds arise as zombies almost as soon as they arrive. This applies to all races - even ones that Rebek hasn't given to the rest of the First World yet. The Necropolis has elven, crine and scaled in zombies, for example.

These creatures perform maintenance on the town when needed and as new living creatures appear in the Necropolis they carve insignia on the buildings to mark out that gift. When neither of those tasks need doing, they simply stand.

The Necropolis is filling up rapidly.

Base AP =0 +4 -1 -3 = 0
    Base PAP = 0 - 0= 0

Spoiler: Notes to self
    Show

Infusions 1/2

Zombify:
    Kittenmancer's creatures
    DanteTheDragon's creatures
    Gunhaven's grozath
    Possibly hatter's other races - tbd
    ArcaneStomper's mud and lava guys (lava guys will need to be made fireproof)

Ashwraiths:
    Cheenari

Towards Death(Corpses) 8/10:
    1 - Create Monstrous Life (Zombies)
    1 - Create Mundane Concept (Funeral Rites)
    1 - Blessing (Cephalid Zombies)
    1 - Blessing (Cheenari Zombies)
    1 - Blessing (Corpse Incorporeality)
    1 - Blessing (Kraken Zombies)
    1 - Blessing (Sinca Zombies)
    1 - Blessing (Corpse Relocation)

Towards Energy(Negative Energy) 6/10:
    1 - Alter Land (MGBL)
    2 - Bridge Plane (MGBL)
    2 - Create Portal (MGBL)
    1 - Blessing (Negative Energy effect on souls)

Towards Magic (Necromancy) 1/10:
    1 - Blessing (The Controller's Call)

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Rebek
    Show
    Spoiler: Mahara
    Show

I did not name it, the First World is simply what it is called. There is accommodation in the Necropolis if you wish it it points behind it to a stone town and I believe there is also a settlement that way it gestures in the direction of Frostrim though I have not visited.

Is there anything else you need?

"I think I need my own place, but may I connect it to your realm?"

Mahara waves a hand summoning a long white fur robe to clothe herself. She shrugs it around her shoulders and thinks, imagining a place of her own. A place of snow and ice, thick pine forests, and blowing storms. At its center a castle of stone and ice, a home for Mahara.

Show
    Starting AP: 16

-4 AP Weave Plane - The Land of Endless Winter

Remaining AP: 12 AP
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.