New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Item Crafting with Enhanced magic planar traits

Alright, I've been looking around for this and I haven't been able to find anything solid. The question is basically what it says on the tin; what happens if you craft items on planes with enhanced magic planar traits? We're assuming the character doing the crafting knows the traits are there and can take advantage of them. Can they apply those feats to the crafted items? In the case of an Artificer can they also apply it when they cast a spell from an item?

This isn't just from a cheesy perspective though cheese related input and ideas are welcomed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane0 View Post
    Friends don't let friends do Starmetal.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Item Crafting with Enhanced magic planar traits

This came up recently in the 3.5 RAW thread, and spawned another thread here. Post 8 has a rather straightforward response of 'No'.
    D&D 3.0 and 3.5 SRDs

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    I'm honestly surprised at how often I spawn new sig's. Am I really that quotable?
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaMyconid View Post
    What do you mean it's not that great?

It lets you reload your greatsword.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Neutral Evil is Evil untainted by concern over Law or Chaos. It is Evil in its purest form, much like NG is Good in its purest form, LN is Law in its purest form, and CN is murderhoboing in its purest form.

3. - Top - End - #3

Default Re: Item Crafting with Enhanced magic planar traits

Quote Originally Posted by zergling.exe View Post
    This came up recently in the 3.5 RAW thread, and spawned another thread here. Post 8 has a rather straightforward response of 'No'.
    His response covers crafting but not casting from an item. I guess the same use of wording could be used to pick that apart since it's "...a metamagic feat he knows.." in the Artificer entry, possibly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane0 View Post
    Friends don't let friends do Starmetal.