New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Help Me Build Deadpool

I would like help building a Deadpool inspired character. So far my basic ideas are:
    -Troll-Blooded
    -Rogue/Fighter Multiclass
    Information:
    -Level 12
    -LA Buyoff Allowed
    -32 Point Buy
    -Regular WBL
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Imagine how many problems you can solve, how many ways you can help your friends, when not constrained by paltry morality! Imagine how much good you can achieve when you're willing to go to any length to achieve it! Imagine the monsters you can slay when you are the greatest monster of them all!
    Company Website: http://lernaeanstudio.com
    PF 3pp Subreddit I Mod: r/Pathfinder3pp

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Help Me Build Deadpool

If you can swing the vile feat, Deformity:Madness and have him be convinced he is a character in a tabletop RPG. Make him have arguments with you, the DM, and other players.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Troll Blooded + Gheden. You'll even look like Deadpool when you're a half zombie, and be immune to any damage that isn't Fire or Acid. Free Endurance, Diehard, and Toughness are nice for any prerequisites that you might have to meet.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Troll Blooded + Gheden. You'll even look like Deadpool when you're a half zombie, and be immune to any damage that isn't Fire or Acid. Free Endurance, Diehard, and Toughness are nice for any prerequisites that you might have to meet.
    Was literally about to say that.

Of course, you'll have to tack on immunity to Fire/Acid--say, through a magic item.

5. - Top - End - #5

Okay, any ideas for class levels?
    Imagine how many problems you can solve, how many ways you can help your friends, when not constrained by paltry morality! Imagine how much good you can achieve when you're willing to go to any length to achieve it! Imagine the monsters you can slay when you are the greatest monster of them all!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGuy

Rogue/Barbarian, perhaps? Maybe ranger? Just because of the whole ranged thing--if you're doing pathfinder, gunslinger/rogue would work.
    Last edited by hector212121; 2016-10-21 at 07:49 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Beholder

I think Rogue/Swordsage would be the most accurate, honestly.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MisterKaws View Post
    I think Rogue/Swordsage would be the most accurate, honestly.
    You might want to back-port the Tempest Gale discipline as it's one of the two ranged disciplines and the other one, Solar Wind is fire damage only.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

9. - Top - End - #9

PF backporting isn't allowed.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Is there any way we can get continuous damage per round and greater or equal healing per round? That would do a nice job of mechanically representing that all of him is dying quickly and regenerating faster.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    If you can swing the vile feat, Deformity:Madness and have him be convinced he is a character in a tabletop RPG. Make him have arguments with you, the DM, and other players.
    He did volunteer for the Weapon X project, so Willing Deformity would fit. Deformity (Madness) is a good choice for sure, and Deformity (Skin) or (Face) would fit fluffwise but are mechanically unimpressive.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not sure if Gheden fits. Deadpool gets hurt from non-fire, non-acid attacks often enough, he just regenerates it.
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

Come join the new Junkyard Wars and build with SLAs and a breath weapon!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

12. - Top - End - #12

Isn't there a feat that increases regeneration?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfCain View Post
    Isn't there a feat that increases regeneration?
    Rapid Regeneration, from FCII, increases regeneration by 1. It can be taken as often as you like and stacks with itself.

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Stirge View Post
    Rapid Regeneration, from FCII, increases regeneration by 1. It can be taken as often as you like and stacks with itself.
    Thanks. I would like ideas for classes/templates for LA buyoff.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordOfCain View Post
    Thanks. I would like ideas for classes/templates for LA buyoff.
    Well, if you're okay with Gheden (even though it doesn't fit completely), it's obviously very strong. Something like Dark may also be useful: Deadpool is pretty stealthy, and the extra movement speed also fits.

Extended signature!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

For class levels I'd recommend a Swift Hunter build as it's a good way to get bonus damage on melee AND ranged attacks. There are ways to ditch any of the class features that you don't want like spells or an animal companion.
    I'm a vestige!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

You can pick up regeneration from a shriver (Fiendish Codex II p52) for 30,000gp.

The Word Given Form martial art mastery (Tome of Magic p218) lets you upgrade the Dodge feat into a 50% miss chance by constantly shouting gibberish at your designated opponent. Particularly nasty when combined with the Defensive Throw or Elusive Target feats (Complete Warrior), or the Temerad Mastery martial art (Dragon #309) for designating multiple Dodge targets.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Notes:
    1. Deadpool's immortality is way way beyond the D&D's regeneration - even Tarrasque-like
    2. The immortality is result of a curse

How about the undeath?

Because Curst template (in Lost Empires of Faerûn) gives, among other things, this thing:
    Unkillable (Ex): Only two ways exist to destroy a curst permanently. One is to destroy its body (by total immersion in acid, or a disintegrate or undeath to death spell, for example). The other is to remove the curse that keeps it from dying. The caster of the remove curse spell must succeed on a caster level check (DC 10 + the curst’s HD) to successfully remove the curse.
    Class note: Katanas and guns are Exotic Weapons; thus, Exotic Weapon Master is a must have; for base class, I suggest to think about Warblade

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    You can pick up regeneration from a shriver (Fiendish Codex II p52) for 30,000gp.

The Word Given Form martial art mastery (Tome of Magic p218) lets you upgrade the Dodge feat into a 50% miss chance by constantly shouting gibberish at your designated opponent. Particularly nasty when combined with the Defensive Throw or Elusive Target feats (Complete Warrior), or the Temerad Mastery martial art (Dragon #309) for designating multiple Dodge targets.
    Now this I am gonna use....

20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

That martial art thing's pretty cool, unfortunately it requires 3 garbage feats and 2 others, plus a bunch of truespeak. Human Paragon 1/Chaos Monk 1/Fighter 2/Feat Rogue 2 should cover it though.
    Last edited by Kaje; 2016-10-22 at 04:24 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    And it fits the backstory rather well, too. Weapon X isn't a walk in the park to say the least, and Deadpool had an especially bad time in it because of all the experiments conducted on him.

It is rather tricky to get through four rounds in the shriver, though; even if your save modifiers are +yes, there's still a one-in-three chance of getting a natural 1 on one of the eight rolls.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    And it fits the backstory rather well, too. Weapon X isn't a walk in the park to say the least, and Deadpool had an especially bad time in it because of all the experiments conducted on him.

It is rather tricky to get through four rounds in the shriver, though; even if your save modifiers are +yes, there's still a one-in-three chance of getting a natural 1 on one of the eight rolls.
    Not too familiar with Shrivers, but would Steadfast Determination help?

Also, rerolls are a thing.
    Last edited by Inevitability; 2016-10-23 at 04:13 AM.

Extended signature!

23. - Top - End - #23

It could be backstoried that this character was one of dozens sent into the Shriver and the only to emerge. In fact... he could have spent all of the rounds in the shriver...
    Last edited by LordOfCain; 2016-10-23 at 08:36 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Not too familiar with Shrivers, but would Steadfast Determination help?
    Ooh, it very much would - it cuts the number of possible automatically failed saves in half, which is a major improvement in the odds. Only have to avoid natural 1s on four saves has an 81% chance of success, which is a pretty big chance for one feat.

Also, rerolls are a thing.
    Hm. The Pride domain's granted power lets you reroll natural 1s on saving throws with no use limit (but only one reroll per save). That would help the odds a lot; the chance of getting through four rounds without any natural 1s jumps from 66% to 98%. Six rounds (for regeneration 2) is 97%, seven rounds (regeneration 3) is 96.5%, and eight rounds (regeneration 5) is 96%. With Steadfast Determination and the Pride domain those numbers shift up to between 99-98%, so I don't know if Steadfast Determination is necessary.

The ninth round doesn't give anything good (just an ability to steal cure spells under certain conditions), and each round slightly increases the renewal requirements (x rounds = x points of corrupt or obeisant acts), so we should probably stop at eight.

Deadpool's not exactly a cleric type. However, Planar Touchstone (Catalogues of Enlightenment) can provide a domain granted power, and the Catalogues' fluff as a repository of knowledge kinda fits with Weapon X as a research institution so I'd say a refluff is within reason. Deadpool did spend some time as a mercenary and hitman prior to his entry into Weapon X, so he could well have been 5th level when he joined the program and taken Planar Touchstone at 6th.

As for complete builds, here's a fairly simple one.

Scout 5/Fighter 2/Tempest 5

Feats
    1: Dodge
    1: Mobility
    3: Weapon Finesse
    4: Spring Attack
    6: Planar Touchstone (Catalogues of Enlightenment: Pride Domain), retrain to Acrobatic Skirmisher (Dragon 346) after shriver
    6: Two-Weapon Fighting
    7: Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
    9: Improved Skirmish
    12: Improved Acrobatic Skirmisher (Dragon 346)

Max ranks in Tumble, 24 Dex, and 5 ranks in Jump, all together, gets you +24 to Tumble; enough to move through an enemy's space without provoking even on a roll of 1. Get a +10 competence-bonus item (10,000 GP) and you can do it at full speed.

Pick an enemy within 15 feet of you. Move towards them, through their space, and move so you're on the opposite side of them as when you started. You've moved 20 feet, so you trigger Improved Skirmish, and you've moved through an enemy's space, so you trigger Improved Acrobatic Skirmisher. Make a two-weapon spring attack with +6d6 skirmish damage, then use your remaining movement to get back outside their reach. Rinse and repeat, cutting your enemies to ribbons as you dash back and forth past them.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Show
    Show