New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Our Little Adventure I: Yes, I'm Not the First to Make A Thread for This

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    According to Mr. Rogonandi, part of the reason he started making OLA was to get people interested in the campaign setting of Manjulias.
    Huh I wonder if he is going to publish it, cause it is feels very much in the vein of Eberron to me, basic framework of a D&D game but with a very distinct flavor.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Our Little Adventure I: Yes, I'm Not the First to Make A Thread for This

Oh yeah, new comic came up a few days ago.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New comic

I think we all find this situation very familiar.
    Who hasn't been in a similar situation before?
    In general I mean.
    I guess very few of us ever broke a magic wand when they really needed it.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

There is, in fact, a new comic.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Extended sig here.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

I haven't been a big fan of Warren and Jordie's relationship, but their sharing the cape in the desert night was very cute.

Also, Rocky's sunburn seem remeniscent of Belkar's troubles in the desert to anybody else? It might their similar hairstyles.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New Comic

From the way they talk with each other I would guess Harvey's sister is chaotic.
    I hope they stay a while. Should be fun.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

New comic, guys! And fortunately before the 45-day thread limit as well!

Extended sig here.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Heh.
    I guess I would have done pretty much the same.

9. - Top - End - #39

Nadine looks younger than Harvey despite being two years older. Either she was dead for a while or all the stress hasn't been good for Harvey's health.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

10. - Top - End - #40

BlackDragon

Oh my, but this looks good. I'm up to page 28, and I love the idea of watching a campaign starting with first level incompetents.

So this comic is based on an actual campaign? Did the artist run it/GM, or who?
    Not "fire at". I never used the word "at"
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by keybounce View Post
    Oh my, but this looks good. I'm up to page 28, and I love the idea of watching a campaign starting with first level incompetents.

So this comic is based on an actual campaign? Did the artist run it/GM, or who?
    Yes and no: it's based on a campaign setting the artist ran with his players, but the story is original.

I strongly suggest joining the forum; he'll be glad to answer your questions. Just note that they moved the forum somewhere along the line. The new and current one is on proboards.

Extended sig here.

12. - Top - End - #42

BlackDragon

Ok, how do you go from an account on proboards to actually finding this (or any!) forum over there?
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, how do you go from an account on proboards to actually finding this (or any!) forum over there?
    There's a link on the comic pages to the forums. The early pages still lead to the old forum, though.

Extended sig here.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

New comic... think it's been over a month, but not over the 45-day deadline for threads.

Also, if you needed it: Link to the forums/.

Extended sig here.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

That is a clever idea.
    Doubt it will work though.

And yeah, calling a drug lab probably isn't that great a idea if you want the Lawful folks to leave you alone.
    But it is a fun way to make them waste their time.
    I,would do the same.

16. - Top - End - #46

New comic, in which Julie returns to talk about the group's next destination.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47

BlackDragon

Oh dear, how many bars has he been infected with?
    http://danielscreations.com/ola/comics/ep0200.html

(I am on an archive binge)

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

Here's a thread bump to show my appreciation for OLA, which is a fun and intricate, albeit silly, story. It might not be on the level of OotS, but then, there's nothing wrong with being derivative.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

For the sake of disclosure: I feel like the author of OLA had a agenda in making the two main villains a gay couple... and yet, he ended up writing one of the most loving and healthy couples in all of D&D fancomics. Storytelling is weird like that. ^_^

20. - Top - End - #50

BlackDragon

Somehow, I forgot about this comic. And of course, my last checkpoint was right at the end of a segment.

http://danielscreations.com/ola/comics/ep0202.html

I love the idea of a wand of jump being used on mine cart. I love the idea of turning a dungeon crawl into a videogame.

And I love the idea that a loop is useful for mining. You have to get to the stuff on the roof somehow.

21. - Top - End - #51

BlackDragon

http://danielscreations.com/ola/comics/ep0210.html

Politics. Player characters getting involved with politics. There's nothing quite like a minor misunderstanding propagated by a player character, turning into a giant war that will shape your campaign.

Other than Darth and Droids I mean. :-)

22. - Top - End - #52

BlackDragon

http://danielscreations.com/ola/comics/ep0240.html

I can't be the only one that thinks that the Temple of Hope's mascot looks like a Pokémon.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Eh? The last one I'm seeing is:

http://danielscreations.com/ola/comics/latest.html

That hasn't updated in months, and the next comic button doesn't load anything. So what's going on?
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    Eh? The last one I'm seeing is:

http://danielscreations.com/ola/comics/latest.html

That hasn't updated in months, and the next comic button doesn't load anything. So what's going on?
    I believe keybounce is in the process of catching up to the current strip and is posting the ones they find interesting.

The update pace is definitely glacial; unless it's updated in a couple weeks I'm probably going to stop following the comic.

25. - Top - End - #55

BlackDragon

Yep, nothing wrong with being a brony :-).
    http://danielscreations.com/ola/comics/ep0245.html

(and yes, I'm reading the archive and posting what I find interesting).

EDIT: Why is that Psion so tiny? At first, I thought it was a perspective issue, but after a couple of more comics, that's her size. What's up?
    Last edited by keybounce; 2018-08-23 at 10:46 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

EDIT: Why is that Psion so tiny? At first, I thought it was a perspective issue, but after a couple of more comics, that's her size. What's up?
    Merla? She's a halfling.