New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Evo Academy IC

1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Evo Academy IC

At the base of Grouse Mountain, just north of Vancouver, one can find a private boarding school deep in the woods. Isolated, it is home to a very unique class of students. While the campus is large, the population is small. Students of all ages can be found at this school, and their teachers are fiercely protective of them. These students are unquie. Some call them "gifted." Others call them monsters. They are Evolved humans, those born with supernatural abilities. Here they learn, train, and grow together, preparing to deal with world at large, and those that would do them harm.

These are the stories, of Evo Academy.
    Last edited by Tegu8788; 2016-10-24 at 10:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    The second piece of advice is "don't build a hybrid", but hey, this is Tegu8788's game and he's kinda the High Priest of Hybridization, so you're cool there.
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Evo Academy IC

Called by the Headmaster, you have been assembled in the main training room, hidden beneath the cozy facade of the simple academy above. Before you appears a city landscape, several city blocks stretch out before you. Were this a virtual reality program, one mind complain that the rendering was low and the resolution was poor, but it is no computer program. You arrive in your training uniforms, and see your classmates around you.

::Students. Good. Y'all all here.:: you can hear the Headmaster over some hidden speaker above. ::We've got some new classmates, they've had a few months to get familiar here. It's time for them to see how we train. I'll make this one simple. Two teams, capture the flag. Maze, Spew, please step forward. Maze is Team Red. Spew, he's Blue. Team Leaders, pick your teams. You'll find your flags in the colored boxes before you. Hide'm somewhere in your third of the city. You will also be seeing some traps, pick spots and place them.

I may have had Edward place some around the city myself. So break up, get clever, and first team to retrieve the other team's flag while in possession of their own wins. Losers have to help ol' Ed break things down. Hide yo flag, hide yo traps, and then, let's train.::

The Red and Blue boxes stand before you, and the slight tinging of the city behind them into red and blue shades. Above and in the inky darkness, a large red digital clock glows to life. 5 minutes are displayed, immediately followed by 3:42. ::Damnit Ed!:: ::Sorry boosss.:: The lights blink out, then return again as 4:49, 4:48, 4:47...

Spoiler: First training session.
    Show
    Alright folks, let's get this started.

The map should be posted shortly. Red Team will start in columns B-P, blue starts AU-BI.

Pick a building on your side, and put your flag in it, and list it in a spoiled bar. DON'T CHEAT and just peak. That's just not fun. When you are in a building, make a Notice check, DC 20 to find the flag.

Now, for the traps. Same, you each get 3 traps, with a DC 25. A failed perception check, it does a 1d10+5 damage to a 5x5 square area. These are concussive blasts, with a bit of a flash bang. Disorienting, but not lethal. Make the check, and you can do a Disable Device (DC 15) to turn it off. Or just mark it and run off. Your call. Spoil the locations of these as well. I'm placing several traps of my own.

Finally, as always in the training room, non-lethal is understood. You can tap out at any time, with no shame. Play nice, and have fun.
    The second piece of advice is "don't build a hybrid", but hey, this is Tegu8788's game and he's kinda the High Priest of Hybridization, so you're cool there.
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Akemi reaches over to give Alek a quick shake of hands, all while calling out her first pick "Sapphire, you're with me." Already, her mind is at work, evaluating and considering.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Akemi is preparing her Master Plan (via the feat).

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alek Stanković, aka Spew
    Hero Points: 1.
    Wound Points: 150 of 150.
    Conditions: None.

Alek shrugged, team leader, sure whatever. But going up against Akemi in a strategic combat simulation, this wasn't going to be fun. As she reached out and shook his hand, he smiled, good naturedly, "Hey Akemi, take it easy on me eh? I'd like to still have some dignity left by first break. Heh."

He paid attention to her first pick, by selecting Viessa, she was intending to do a rapid search & secure, using Sapphire's quickness to search the area and retrieve the flags as quickly as possible. Alright, castle defense it is, he'd played a few RTS games in his day.

"Hey Lucy, you ready to kick butt for blue?" He picked a flag out of the box and tossed it to Sin.
    Last edited by Zen Gypsy; 2016-10-26 at 05:16 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Akemi half-smiles at Alek's comment. "You are overestimating my ability to affect a game that has this much luck involved, given the amount of sectors."

Once Alek made his pick (and it is a good one), Akemi voices her next one. "And since we are switching to first names: Kerri."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lucy had been looking at the floor and was genuinely shocked to be Alek's first pick. She barely managed to bring her hands up fast enough to catch the flag. "Right." She nodded and took up a spot standing beside Alek. "I can do this." Lucy seemed to be speaking as much to herself as to her teammate, the flag tight in her grip.
    Last edited by Yabex; 2016-10-25 at 06:42 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Viessa practically bounces on her heals! What then happens moment later is a blur, with Viessa appearing next to Akemi as eager as can be! "Lieutenant Sapphire reporting for duty!... Oh hey, you used my code name! Thank you!"

She beams proudly, "Oh, but I bet we need to keep to the context of the simulation! Am I ghost? I can be ghost! 'Somebody call for an exterminator? Never know what hit 'em. I'm all over it.'"

She takes a few swings with her fists, punching at air. Relentlessly excited... "Put me in coach! I'm ready to run!"

8. - Top - End - #8

Alek Stanković, aka Spew

Her soft murmur made Alek want to put an arm around her, but he knew how physical contact could be with some people, especially those with psychic abilities. Instead he smiled, trying to be confident, "No I in team, Luc, we. We can do this." At this point he had picked up the second blue flag, he turned and tossed it towards his next selection.

"Right Amina?"

She wasn't as fast as Viessa, but she could damn well multi task with those arms, and Alek had sparred her. It wasn't easy, it was like fighting a gang, it was frankly amazing how many angles those fists could come at you.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

"There'll be lots of running, I can guarantee you," Akemi replies serenely, then names her last team member as she hands the flag to Viessa. "Malcolm, come on over." To the other team, she adds "Good luck, have fun." It's training, yes, but also a game. Might as well enjoy it.

With the teams picked, she jogs over into the red zone with the others.

Spoiler: Red Team only
    Show
    Once they are away from the other team, Akemi gathers her teammates around. "Alright, here's what I have in mind, feel free to add. Basically, we always know where the enemy team is due to Vie and Kerri, and due to Vie, they have to deal with the threat of you immediately being able to search their zone, meaning they start on defense. So we rush them and try to keep them there without going on a full attack."

"Vie, you start looking for the flag. Don't engage the enemy team, make them chase you, keep as much distance and cover between them and you. Observe them and keep us updated about their positions. If you're confident, search an area they seem to favor, but that could also be a diversion."

"Kerri, stay cloaked as much as you can. Keep us updated about where the enemy team is and stay towards the middle line of buildings to cover as much area with your senses as you can. If you see them from afar, target Amina or Daniel with a mind read to find out where their flag is, but unless things get heated, stay cloaked and keep monitoring and searching for the flag."

"Malcolm, contain the enemy team in their zone if they try to get to our side, otherwise keep them occupied, but don't get into a brawl with several of them at the same time, if possible. They can't ignore you and your mobility makes you hard to avoid. Keep an eye on how things look top-side."

"I'll provide support wherever needed, whether its searching, engaging the enemy team, or distracting them. All of this isn't a hard plan, we'll need to see what they are doing. If they are trying to fight it out, our best chance is to isolate them or to waste their time while we are searching for the flag. Same if they are trying to rush us. Ultimately, do what you think is best, but keep us in the loop and request help where needed."

For the flag position, she suggests I16. Akemi has no preferences for mine positions, other than near doors or trees to give the impression of defending possible flag locations.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2016-10-26 at 06:50 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Malcolm had been standing off to the side of the group, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. It was partially due to knowing how superior he was, but mostly because it was simply too dangerous for him to be that close to people. As more names get called and he's still standing there he gets more annoyed, but then more smug. They were afraid to ask for him to be on their teams, didn't want him showing them up. Of course that was it, what else could it be? When he was called, he looks over at Spew's team and smirks. Sucked to be them.

Spoiler: Red ream only
    Show
    He stood a short distance from his group, listening to Akemi's plan. So, while everyone else looked for the flag, his job was to fight four people at once, or as many as wouldn't try to run for it. That was fine with him. If Akemi didn't see the value in letting him run the flag, because no one could safely touch him to take it back, that was her problem. But he does pay attention and nod when she speaks to him, no one was going to say he wasn't holding up his end. "If you get in trouble with the flag, try to give it to me. I might not be very fast but only Dan can even touch me to try and take it back.
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Red Team only
    Show
    Akemi nods at Malcolm's suggestion. "Good point. In an ideal world, we'll find the enemy flag first and have Vie race it back to ours immediately, but things will probably be way more chaotic and hectic. You are our best choice for getting our flag back and keeping it, as well, should it come to that. Until that point, we can have the other team not knowing where our flag is work to our advantage."
    Last edited by Ridai; 2016-10-26 at 07:54 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12

RedWizardGuy

Daniel stand's feet spread wide hands behind his back processing the information the headmaster gave to him. So this is how it starts by protecting others we need to fight among ourselves? Daniel's mouth curls as he remembers his past how he was told he needed to fight.

Caught up in his own thoughts Daniel missed the first people picked and refocused. Alright, Daniel here is your time. Straightforward enough task, although not necessarily a simple one. As everyone else was picked Daniel realized that he was the last one left. Maybe they underestimate me. It wouldn't be the first time. With a casual shrugged Daniel walks over to Alek. Blue-white electricity arcs between Daniel's fingers with Daniel's blue eyes sending shivers of lightning in them during each breath.

Looking in front of the team chosen for him Daniel clears his throat stating, "Alright, folks our first mission as a team. Place me where you need me and I won't let you down.... I hope." With the last comment Daniel flashes a quick smile in a poor attempt to hide his nervousness in the time to come.

13. - Top - End - #13

Alek Stanković, aka Spew

Alek regarded Malcolm's sneer, shot him the finger, and turned to the team with a smirk. "Alright Blue team! Lets go!"

He listened to Dan's hesitance at being picked last. As the team gathered in their portion of the city-scape he turned to him. "Nah, I was going head to head against the smartest student in the Academy, and I was just trying to neutralize her picks." He walked over and gave Dan a friendly shot in the arm, "I'll always pick you over your roomie, man. Always."

Spoiler: Blue Team ONLY!
    Show
    He paused, considered his selection, his options. "Ok, first thing, I'm going to do my thing and create more hidey holes than we have flags. Thing is, Akemi is going to have two things going for her; a rapid fire search pattern, and a telepath. So I'll create eight spots where Lucy could hide the flags, now I'm betting that Kerri is going to have a difficult time pulling the location of the flags from Luce's mind. Also, with her ability to create walls with her mind, she can a) protect the flags behind psychic constructs and b) confound a search pattern by putting invisible walls behind a door."

He made eye contact with Lucy, gave her a reassuring smile. "So Lucy here is going to have a big factor in our win today. Thing is, she'll be on defense, and we need some strong offense to keep her safe. Dan, that's you." He paused and looked to his friend, "You once told me where I lost my phone cuz you could feel the charge in the battery, remember? Well, can you feel Malcolm's electrical surge? Cuz if so, you can maneuver yourself and Lucy away from him, so as to avoid direct confrontation."

"Amina, we get to play offense, we need a rapid fire search pattern to determine the location of their flags. Now, the rules don't explicitly say we can't 'hide' the flags on our person, so it's likely Akemi will have noted that loop hole. I am going to assume that their strongest combatant will have one secured on his or her body. I'm guessing Malcolm. If that's the case, I'll go for it, and keep him at range."

He looked to everyone, "Now, communication is going to be key. They'll be relying on Kerri for that, so if opportunity presents itself, we need to take her out of play. Incapacitate her if possibly, distract her. If we can manage that, I am betting Dan can create an electrical feedback loop that'll destroy their comm's. They are then fighting blind. Priority targets are Kerri, Akemi, Viessa and finally Malcolm."

He was quite pleased with himself, and he felt as though he had covered at least some of the bases.

"What do ya'll feel? Thoughts, suggestions? Anything I missed?"
    Last edited by Zen Gypsy; 2016-10-26 at 10:49 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14

RedKnightGirl

Amina had to admit, this suite, no this whole school was pretty amazing. No comparison to the one she attended back in M'bour. All her life she had lacked so much and now she had things she could never imagine herself having. A state of the art smartphone, a laptop even a residence permit for Canada. If only it weren't so friggin' cold up here in the north. Even now, when inside, in the training room and wearing her specially tailored suit she felt the cold creeping up on her. She knew it was just an illusion, but she never did get really warm up here. She had been reassured that it would pass with time, but Amina who had grown up under an African sun wasn't so sure if she could ever get used to it.

She stood a few feet away from the others, two hands sunk into her pockets, two others crossed, one on her hip and the last one playing absently with a curl. When she was picked she went over to the rest if team Blue with a bit of a frown. She wished Akemi would've picked her, the japanese girl was a natural with languages (and many other things), her fluency would've allowed Amina to better communicate complex ideas. It wasn't possible for her in english, but she often lacked the words to properly describe complex ideas.

Spoiler: BLu
    Show

"Why do you not just eat the flags, they're hidden then, no?", she asked their appointed squadleader with a deadpan look.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Red Team
    Show
    Suddenly, another thought occurs to Akemi. "Kerri, scratch mind reading the enemy team. They know you are on our team and they will probably let Lucy do the placement. They may still go after you, so stay cloaked and if things get hairy, try to keep one or two people from doing anything while sticking close to one of us. Confusion, mind control, that sort of thing."

(The benefits of being able to sleep on it. Akemi is a lot more intelligent than I am, so she should have realized this from the beginning...)

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Mesmer is internally wincing before the headmaster has even finished announcing the rules for the exercise

Beautiful, put me in a position where I need to either read the minds of other students without their consent or worse mind control them to win. Or option B where I don't violate that trust and instead become a burden on my own team. Or we can go with option C.

"For those of you who aren't familiar with me, I'm Mesmer and I'm a telepath and a mind controller. Under normal circumstances I will not violate your mind unless you are acting like an imminent threat to me or someone else. Or you explicitly consent to me fiddling with the insides of your head. However in this situation and some other training scenarios I pretty much have to use my abilities to do anything. If you don't want me possibly mind reading you or messing with your thoughts in minor reversible ways then I will not hold it against you if you wish to bow out of this exercise. alternatively if more than a few people feel uncomfortable with this and wish to ask me to bow out I will." Kerri steels herself and tells the other students, sending a mental translation to those who don't natively speak English then waits for the inevitable panic at the thought of their minds being invaded.

Spoiler: Team Red
    Show
    <If I'm making people ignore me then I'm already mind controlling them and I can't further mess with their heads. That said I can hide other people as well if we want to cloak the flag or make a cloaked scouting party.> The blond pauses for a second before glancing over to Kali and continuing <Anyways so far the other team seems to be going for a straightforward approach based on team composition but let me see if I can't get a better look at their discussions. Even if they have Sin hide the flag itself I can still listen in on tactics.> Kerri grabs Akemi's hand with her own as she heads feels out the other team with her mind. <Just a warning this is going to override my own senses for a little bit so you'll need to guide me. Also if you wouldn't mind moving the rest of the tactical discussions to Thinkagram, my hearing will be impaired to say the least.>[/COLOR][/B]

Spoiler: Meanwhile to Akemi
    Show

[B][COLOR="#008080"]Why do you think they grabbed Amina when they don't have either of the people who can communicate with her very effectively? It seems like an odd tactical choice. Though I suppose they have forced us into a position where we needed to take Malcom or we have a team with very little in the way of brute strength. Just ugh I am not looking forward to spending time inside his head. It's all [Kerris sends a confused set of sensations and images that correspond with infected inflamed wounds bandaged badly and leaking blood.] Eh we'll see I guess.>

Spoiler: Power Stuffs
    Show
    Attempting to Sensory Link Daniel and listen in on the other team's convo via him (At least until they move too far away): (1d20+8)[13] vs DC 13
    And if he resists then doing the same to Amina: (1d20+8)[20] vs DC 14

17. - Top - End - #17

Alek Stanković, aka Spew

He glanced at Kerri, from his team conference, "Surface thoughts only, no deeper."
    Last edited by Zen Gypsy; 2016-10-27 at 09:45 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

"If it's relevant to the training, I don't see a problem from my end. That and being prepared by a friendly telepath beats trying to figure out mental resistance against a hostile one," Akemi responds at the meeting, not at all worried. The benefits of growing up around a psychic and knowing that Kerri is good people.

Show
    "<Testing... there we go.>" Akemi transmits as she tries out how she learned to interface with Kerri, reinforcing that pattern. "<Group cloaking. Kerri, I think you have just handed us a very, very potent offensive tool. You are already strong when you are cloaking and sensing the minds of others, but this allows us to launch surprise attacks at-will and with the right timing disappear before our opponents can retaliate. If the other team goes on the offense, this could give us a big edge. Definitely stick to cloaking, your other mind manipulations are more for emergencies or if there's a big opening.>"

Akemi gives Kerri's hand a reassuring little squeeze.

(I doubt we can carry our flag with us, as that would make this game entirely unwinnable for the enemy team. It would also make the training pointless. Does anyone have anything against the suggestions I posted earlier for the flag and traps?)

Spoiler: To Kerri
    Show
    Akemi draws a particular kind of enjoyment from maintaining several conversations at once, mental communication giving her as many voices as she can maintain and follow. The flurry of bad impressions is met with multi-facetted waves of tranquility, like the gentle breeze rustling the leaves of a quiet forest.

"<By the time I picked you, the choices were essentially down to what type of fighter Alek wanted, given that you, Viessa, and Lucy were already picked. He probably wanted quick, powerful offense against our speed and recon, so he went for Amina. Still, I wonder why he did not pick you after I picked Viessa. You are a prime pick, he could have had easy communication for his whole team and the edge in information. Hopefully, things won't be too frustrating for Amina, enemy team or not. Being unable to communicate properly is irritating at best and isolating at worst.>"
    Last edited by Ridai; 2016-10-28 at 04:09 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19

RedWizardGuy

Daniel gives Alek a brief smile nodding at not truly being the last choice. With a quiet, but firm voice Daniel speaks, "Thanks man I appreciate that." Stopping the electricity flowing through his fingers Daniel clasps Alek's shoulder and says "Let's do this then."

Looking at Kerri lightning flashes across his eyes and sparks across his body. He looks at her with his lightning blue eyes and states "Only surface thoughts. You hear." Daniel's voice quivers, but if it's from fear or restrained anger it's hard to tell.

Spoiler: BLUE TEAM
    Show
    Looking at the group Daniel lowers his voice stating, "Sure detecting Malcom shouldn't be too hard especially as he is a massive source of electricity. My only concern is that if he's clever he can turn it off so I can't track him." Looking over his should at Malcom he gives a soft snort continuing on, "Although, I don't think that would be a problem. He won't turn it off even when he sleeps."

Pausing for a moment to consider both Alek's and Kerri's comments. Daniel's face darkens at the idea of his mind being read. Fear rushes through Daniel at the loss of control. I can't even be safe in my own head in class... Maybe, I shouldn't have picked this place. Shrugging Daniel looks at the both of them "Alek, I'm not sure about being able to just be able to disable their comms and not ours, but give me a shot and I'll see what I can do.

Last edited by Imbasel; 2016-10-28 at 07:58 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    <Well ****, I've got good news and bad news.> Kerri's mental voice carries and odd mix of frustration, guilt and triumph. <Good part is that I've got an unwitting mole on their team listening in to all their strategy. Bad is that Daniel is pretty sure he can track where Malcom is from his electrical aura and is going to try to team up with Lucy to guard the flag and take them down.> She casts a worried look over to the larger man. <The question is do you trust us enough to take the aura down for a little bit and let us hide you? If you don't then that's okay we'll figure out another strategy but right now that electricity is a weakness more than a strength.>

<In other news I'm their highest priority target, second highest is you Akemi, they think we'll likely have Malcom hide the flag, they are using Lucy to hide the flag and create defensive barriers around it, Amina will be searching for our flag, and they have a plan to use Daniel's electricity to take out our comlinks and me to negate our recon advantage by cutting us off from communicating. Also Amina is advocating hiding the flag by having Alek swallow it>

The telepath finishes by sending the entire conversation in a burst to those who are interested in details. Its pretty plainly been observed from Daniel's point of view.

Spoiler: Overheard conversation
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen Gypsy View Post
    Alek paused, considered his selection, his options. "Ok, first thing, I'm going to do my thing and create more hidey holes than we have flags. Thing is, Akemi is going to have two things going for her; a rapid fire search pattern, and a telepath. So I'll create eight spots where Lucy could hide the flags, now I'm betting that Kerri is going to have a difficult time pulling the location of the flags from Luce's mind. Also, with her ability to create walls with her mind, she can a) protect the flags behind psychic constructs and b) confound a search pattern by putting invisible walls behind a door."

He made eye contact with Lucy, gave her a reassuring smile. "So Lucy here is going to have a big factor in our win today. Thing is, she'll be on defense, and we need some strong offense to keep her safe. Dan, that's you." He paused and looked to his friend, "You once told me where I lost my phone cuz you could feel the charge in the battery, remember? Well, can you feel Malcolm's electrical surge? Cuz if so, you can maneuver yourself and Lucy away from him, so as to avoid direct confrontation."

"Amina, we get to play offense, we need a rapid fire search pattern to determine the location of their flags. Now, the rules don't explicitly say we can't 'hide' the flags on our person, so it's likely Akemi will have noted that loop hole. I am going to assume that their strongest combatant will have one secured on his or her body. I'm guessing Malcolm. If that's the case, I'll go for it, and keep him at range."

He looked to everyone, "Now, communication is going to be key. They'll be relying on Kerri for that, so if opportunity presents itself, we need to take her out of play. Incapacitate her if possibly, distract her. If we can manage that, I am betting Dan can create an electrical feedback loop that'll destroy their comm's. They are then fighting blind. Priority targets are Kerri, Akemi, Viessa and finally Malcolm."

He was quite pleased with himself, and he felt as though he had covered at least some of the bases.

"What do ya'll feel? Thoughts, suggestions? Anything I missed?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Simsimillia View Post
    "Why do you not just eat the flags, they're hidden then, no?", Amina asked their appointed squadleader with a deadpan look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbasel View Post
    Looking at the group Daniel lowers his voice stating, "Sure detecting Malcom shouldn't be too hard especially as he is a massive source of electricity. My only concern is that if he's clever he can turn it off so I can't track him." Looking over his should at Malcom he gives a soft snort continuing on, "Although, I don't think that would be a problem. He won't turn it off even when he sleeps."

Pausing for a moment to consider both Alek's and Kerri's comments. Daniel's face darkens at the idea of his mind being read. Fear rushes through Daniel at the loss of control. I can't even be safe in my own head in class... Maybe, I shouldn't have picked this place. Shrugging Daniel looks at the both of them "Alek, I'm not sure about being able to just be able to disable their comms and not ours, but give me a shot and I'll see what I can do.

<I'm not sure how much longer I can keep this up as Daniel moves away from me and it leaves me personally very vulnerable . . . but I'll try to keep the link up as long as I can.>

21. - Top - End - #21

Lucy said nothing in response to Kerri's warning about her mind reading abilities. It didn't seem to apply to her. Good luck getting in here.... on second thought, you don't want in. Lucy silently turned and joined the team huddle.

Spoiler: Blue Team
    Show
    As Alek explained his plan, Lucy grew nervous. It seemed like there was a lot of pressure on her to preform. Apparently her team was under the impression she could create invisible barriers to guard doors and the flag. If the flag was surrounded with barriers as suggested, it would be extremely obvious where it was located. "Sorry Spew, but my barriers can't be invisible. They are as obvious as my eyes. It would be a dead give away to surround the flag with them." Lucy felt as if she was already letting her team down.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Akemi considers this new information for a moment (said moment is actually an instant for the girl).

"<We can safely ignore anything involving carrying one's own flag or destroying a flag, as that would make the exercise irrelevant or outright unwinnable for one team. Kerri, you can stop with the sense link once the match starts, I think we have enough information and your mind sense should provide us with enough insight. Once the match starts, we cloak and we run to the other side. As for your electricity aura>" Akemi looks to Malcolm. "<it's down to what you prefer. You can switch it off and join the stealth recon unit, or you can leave it on and do whatever you like to throw the other team for a loop, along with them having to worry about Vie. We could cut off a part of the flag, put that bit in your pocket, and let a bit of it show, as if on accident. Or you could engage Anima to keep her from searching.>"
    Last edited by Ridai; 2016-10-29 at 12:28 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Red team
    Show
    "This doesn't turn off, ever. Dan's going to know where I am, so we count on him knowing. I can rush them like we talked about, or if they think I'll be the one hiding the flag I can go somewhere and pretend to be doing that, and when they come, we ambush them. But if I do rush them then they'll know I don't have it, it might wreck whatever plans they've made. But they might not know about all my abilities, I have a 5th power I don't use a lot. I can move things with my mind, up to 200 pounds. So if there's one of them we want removed from things right away, I can lift them up by the ceiling, unless they can fly they're not getting down."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Booming from the ceiling, the Headmaster's voice can be heard. "Alright students. It's time to play. Plant your flags, place your flash-bangs, and let's get this here challenge started. Report to your starting places, and let's see what y'all can do."

Spoiler: Inititave
    Show
    Red Team 1st Group: Sapphire, Mesmer
    Blue Team 1st Group: Jolt, Kali
    Red Team 2nd Group: Maze, Hybrid
    Blue TEam 2nd Group: Spew, Sin

So, within your group you can go in any order you like, which helps with speed. In future fights, each group will be bigger, but right now it's just you guys.
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    "Do what you think is best. All approaches benefit us."

Akemi places the flag in I16, and the mines in L20, L30, and N44.

(Kerri should probably delay so she and Akemi can run over to the other side together.)

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: A team crimson like a rose
    Show
    Kerri slips on the silvered ballistic plastic mask that turns her face into a mirror.

<Ready as I'm going to get. Vie, Malcom keep me in the loop with what's going on with you guys? Dropping Daniel now and switching to cloaking. You're effectively invisible as long as you're within 30 ft of me unless someone literally bumps into you. On your mark, Maze.>

She forces herself to exhale and then gently begins setting up the pattern in her own head to prevent anyone from seeing the two of them. Its complicated erasing the information about them before it reaches image processing in the brain but its a long practiced trick.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Disconnecting from Daniel's senses, activating perception blindness and will move to follow Akemi once she moves.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Getting into position, Akemi feels that certain sensation of the invisibility patterns through the mental link, enjoying the glimpses of the complex processes. Since training is starting, she draws her handgun, loads it with a clip of low-powered rubber ammunition, turns the safety off, and drops into the usual stance: stable, muscles ready, gun held with both hands, pointed at the floor, finger off the trigger.

"<Understood. We'll head towards the edge of the blue zone on our right and start the search from there. Vie, feel free to pick any spots to check you like and to keep the other team on their toes. Let's see how things go,>" Akemi transmits, not at all concerned or tense. At the very least, this will be fun and mildly interesting, and that's a good base to build on.

28. - Top - End - #28

Spoiler: Blue Team
    Show
    It looked like the exercise was going to begin. Lucy hadn't placed any barriers yet, she didn't want to give away the location of the flag. She took up a spot in the starting area as she nervously glanced at her feet.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    Malcolm takes a position front and center, cracking his knuckles with metallic clinks.

30. - Top - End - #30

Show
    "Wait... I'm not going for their flag?"

Vie rushes into position, looking a little salty. "Thats what I DO. I get things. Fast. I mean, not speeding bullet fast, but I get things fast."

She shakes her head almost defiantly. "Kerri, when we find that thing, you make me invisible and I'm bolting. Big man will play bodyguard of course, but I don't understand..."

She shakes her head. Nah. She's got this. Best idea ever. No point in running around and being doofy for running's sake. She was going to put that speed to good use.