New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Evo Academy IC

1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Evo Academy IC

Spoiler: Red Team
    Show
    "<Viessa, you are going for their flag, just as we are. That has been the plan all along. We just need to find it first,>" Akemi calmly reiterates. "<Kerri and I are going to start on the right side and search from there, but with your speed, you can pick whatever spot you want and also keep the other team guessing at the same time.>"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Show
    Deep down, Vie wanted to hear those magical words 'You're totally the flag carrier'. But Kerri and Vie had that little talk about 'sharing glory' a week ago and she pouted. Maybe shuffled her feet. Sorta... resigned her fate as not carrying sole title of 'flag carrier'... and she nods. "Dwah... okay. WE are going to get the flag. I'll report what I find..."

She mumbles something super low about 'gonna find it super, super first.'

She plants her feet into a runners pose after a few stretches.

"On your mark and then I'm off..."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Akemi considers for an instant, then smiles amusedly as she sees the issue. "<We are also trying to find it, yes. But scoring match point once we find it, that is your task, Vie. I thought that was obvious, given your speed,>" she clarifies, dividing the phases of "flag finding" and "flag carrying/winning the game", perhaps also showing the benefit of having teammates to help with getting to the winning phase. With that being settled, there is nothing to add other than, once the timer runs out: "<Go.>"
    Last edited by Ridai; 2016-11-05 at 04:18 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34

Show
    Vie gives one last stretch, grinning before blitzing ahead at full speed! She zips in and around the terrain, the feeling of just cutting loose and running as fast as she can overtaking her thoughts... Scouting! The most glamorous of the jobs. But she was here! Here for her TEAM! Here for not just herself, for charging ahead herself would be unethical! Unfair! To be a member of the TEAM was to be a HERO! A-...

"Oooop!"

Squeaking, after her quick run through all the center buildings, as she IS fast enough to do that, she drives into the bush at BA-10, taking a deep breath. Scouting is... actually scarier the closer you get to the bad guys area. Hopefully she did this quick enough to not be seen by anyone. Diving into the bush, she pouts and sighs. Hoping nobody saw her.

'Hiding in a bush is hardly heroic...'

Spoiler: Actions Made, Red Team onlyyy?
    Show

Okay, to give some explanation to what she actually did. SO. Vie can move 88 squares a turn.

She is going to blitz through the center, retooling what I have said. Vie will check the building at BA-10. Then if she can, end her round in the bush in AY9 to hide... after making a notice check for the flag while inside..

If a stealth check is needed for the bush hiding...

(1d20+10)[14]

Last edited by Koryander; 2016-11-08 at 07:22 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

The starting signals blares, and is followed by a loud whooshing sound. One could infer that something has moved at a tremendous speed.

Spoiler: Inititave
    Show
    Red Team 1st Group: Sapphire
    Blue Team 1st Group: Jolt, Kali <-----
    Red Team 2nd Group: Maze, Hybrid, Mesmer
    Blue Team 2nd Group: Spew, Sin

Alright, It's Blue Team's first action. Go team go!
    Last edited by Tegu8788; 2016-11-12 at 10:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    The second piece of advice is "don't build a hybrid", but hey, this is Tegu8788's game and he's kinda the High Priest of Hybridization, so you're cool there.
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Jolt looks around startled by the sudden wooshing sound. Electricity flaring in his eyes and fingertips Jolt begins to run into the war that is about to emerge.

Spoiler: Blue Team
    Show
    Jolt is also going to head to BF52 to help defend the location. He'll spend his entire round on move actions to get to the location quickly as he can.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

The timer continues to count down, 4:44, 4:43, 4:42...

Spoiler: Inititave
    Show
    Red Team 1st Group: Sapphire
    Blue Team 1st Group: Jolt, Kali
    Red Team 2nd Group: Maze, Hybrid, Mesmer <-----
    Blue Team 2nd Group: Spew, Sin

Alright, It's Red Team's bulk actions. Go team go!
    The second piece of advice is "don't build a hybrid", but hey, this is Tegu8788's game and he's kinda the High Priest of Hybridization, so you're cool there.
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Hybrid tips his head from side to side, cracking his neck with twin metallic clinks, and takes a few steps forward before flapping his wings and leaping far across the training area. He crashes down in a crouch on top of the building in front of the blue team, cracking the roof with the impact of his superhuman weight. Hybrid gets to his feet, flexing his shoulders. Stepping to the edge, hands held out to his sides as twelve-inch claws emerge from between his knuckles, three on each hand, wings extending out to his sides, the tips of his metal feathers brushing the roof, arcs of electricity crackling from him to the structure, and between his feathers and claws. "So. Who's first?"

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Jumping from C30 to BF31
    Last edited by Rhyvurg; 2016-11-23 at 01:08 AM. Reason: better wording
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Invisible Akemi with invisible Kerri in tow begins to run down the nearest street towards the blue area.

Move all out from C31 to Z33.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Red team stuff obviously
    Show
    Kerri resists the urge to snicker at anyone who tries to attack Malcom directly and instead focuses on keeping track of Akemi and keeping the two of them hidden as she follows behind Maze

Moving to Y33

11. - Top - End - #41

Alek Stanković, aka Spew
    Hero Points: 1.
    Wound Points: 150 of 150.
    Conditions: None.

Alek laughed, actually laughed at Malcolm. "If you think you can keep up new-guy, you're welcome to try!" With that he took off, flipping over the hedges, grabbing a ledge of the nearby building, flipping to the roof, and clearing the distance in a single roll, before dropping off the edge and sprinting into a row of hedges.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Move from BI30 to AT47, no penalties for Hedges, due to Skill Mastery Acrobatics, no climb check required for Walls, due to Urban Acrobat, ie. Wall Crawling 2, and no damage for jump from rooftop due to Urban Acrobat, ie. Safe Fall. Standard action to make a Hide check in the hedges. (1d20+10)[30], remember to take Cover penalty, & range modifiers on Notice checks ;)

Spoiler: Blue Team Only
    Show
    "Remember, objective is to protect our flag, and to obtain their's, stick to the plan, I am trying to lure New Guy to mid-, Lucy barricade our flag. Jolt & Kali, try to locate and engage Mesmer and Maze ... be ready to support mid- to carry the flag."

OOC: Rest of Blue is up, then Maze can take her first move and second turn is up! :) Also, are we NPC'ing absent Blue team members?
    Last edited by Zen Gypsy; 2016-11-26 at 09:03 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42

Spoiler: Blue Team
    Show
    Lucy wasn't feeling confident with her role in the exercise, but she wouldn't allow herself to be a hindrance to her team. As the Buzzer sounded and her team leaped into action, Lucy ran for a nearby building. Rather than go up the middle, she decided to take a side path in hopes of avoiding the other team.

13. - Top - End - #43

Spoiler: Red Team Shenanigans!
    Show
    Vie takes a deep breath, not caught so far... she peeks out of the bush, and then gets into runners stance before BLITZING as fast as she can to position BB20, rushing in to see what could possibly be hiding in the room. If its clear, she'll take cover inside of it for now. If there's a person, she'll wait for a reaction explaining what she see's inside. If there's a flag and its unguarded? Well... she's gonna grab that sucker.

Move to BB20

She will also make a stealth check, in an attempt to move quick enough and quietly enough to not be detected.

Stealth Roll: [roll0]
    Due to technical difficulties, I rolled in the OOC thread. Stealth Roll is 22!
    Last edited by Koryander; 2016-12-04 at 12:12 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Having seen enough, the countdown ends. From the shadowy ceiling you can hear the Headmaster call out again. ::Alright students, that's enough. I am impressed. Despite your initial intentions of engaging in violence over towels, your actions were more level headed. Well, most of ya'll, anyway. Your mission was to get a flag, and look how quickly violence became an "obvious" answer. Over. A FLAG!

'magine what tha rest of the world feels, when they see folk like you youngin's, running around with powers that let you break any laws of social norms. Yaa'll scare them, and they need a sense of normalcy. And for that normalcy, they will do more than jus' quarrel over a flag. Your existence threatens their families, their lives, their understanding of the world.

You have to be smart. You have to be clever. You will see people terrified of ya, and you'll have to confront them wi' something tha' makes 'em feel safe. That's why ya'll are here. You, in many ways, are gonna be the face of Evos. Is this burden fair? NO. But it's on your shoulders, none the less. What we do here, is teach you. Not just math or history, not just how to use your abilities safely, but how to bring comfort and normalcy to the populace out there. Fear leads ta anger, anger leads ta hate, and hate leads ta, well, ya know. Stop the fear, and we stop the hate.

Now, Ed, drop the training zone, fog it. These kids ha' had enough for taday.::
    ::Yass boosss.:: The arena starts to fade, the trees, bushes, and buildings slowly during to mist around the students. ::Head back ta your rooms, get changed, and get back ta your classes. For now, ya'll done good, an' I'm proud of ya'll.:: With that, the Headmaster's speaker cuts out, and doorways leading to the upper levels and dormitories open.

Spoiler: First training session.
    Show
    Combat is over. Some of you have class soon, some have free time. If you want to unwind some you can, debrief as you will.
    Last edited by Tegu8788; 2016-12-08 at 01:21 AM.
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

From seemingly nowhere, Akemi's voice interjects "To be fair, though, this environment is one of the few where combat training can happen in relative safety and training also includes being ready for when the opposition becomes violent."

As the city disappears, Kerri and Akemi appear from thin air. The girl applauds the others and smiles to them (and gives Kerri a quick mental hug, as a physical one would be uncomfortable for the psychic). "Well done, everyone. Hopefully team selection will be done in a manner that doesn't hurt morale like linear picking. My apologies for any bad feelings, it is hard to choose when there are nothing but strong choices and a rough plan needs to be settled on quick." Akemi bows deeply, the angle supporting her sentiment.

As they begin to leave, she compliments her team mates:
    To Kerri: "I could feel how calm and in control of your abilities you were despite the stress and time pressure. Nicely done!"
    To Viessa: "I wish the game continued until we could have seen you taking their flag back to ours in a flash. With how you went at it, I am sure the next round will be over soon, but for a different reason."
    To Malcolm: "I couldn't have asked for a better distraction. You would have done lots to keep the other team from winning, even by presence alone, no doubt about it."

Seeing Lucy still showing some nervousness, the girl soon finds herself in a quick, friendly, one-armed hug. Akemi doesn't add words, knowing they are not needed, just letting Lucy feel she is being appreciated, that she is recognized as a significant force among them. As always, the quiet understanding is reinforced that if Lucy wants to talk, Akemi will be there for her.

Exchanging a few words with Amina in her native tongue, Akemi also apologizes again to Jolt about him being the last one, also adding that she has little doubt that if she had not been a team leader, she would have been among the last picks herself, but because of having few relevant abilities instead of the bad system of picking team members.

Finally, she walks alongside Alek, giving him a quick smile. "There wasn't much time, but I see you went with a hybrid strategy of offense and defense. We focused entirely on recon and searching as fast as possible, with Malcolm there to distract and mislead you. Strong choice to let Lucy prevent access to the flag. Would have been interesting to see how things would have played out, especially how you would have dealt with not finding Kerri and me because of being invisible."

16. - Top - End - #46

Alek Stanković, aka Spew

Alek shrugged non-committally, "Thanks, but you gave me the strategy. When you're confronted with a problem that you can't solve think outside the box. Change the rules." He smiled at Akemi, "So I cheated, used my abilities to dig a hole beneath the playing field and stuffed the flag there. Faculty woulda disqualified me, but I figured you'd appreciate working with the tools I have."

He ran a hand through his hair, almost self consciously, "Say, remember last week, we were talking about the missing persons cases on the West Coast? You have time to go over them with me?"

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Akemi smiles in response to Alek's admission. "Oh yes, I liked that part. We were only given the objective to hide, so it was fair game. Granted, we listened to your entire planning process, but it was clever nonetheless. Unsolveable problem though?" Akemi grins with amusement and gently knuckles Alek in the upper arm. "I'm just a fallible girl, not an omniscient goddess. No flattering excuses on my watch!"

To the question, she answers with a nod. "Of course. I've done some research in the meantime and could exclude a few potential cases as unrelated, thankfully. Authorities should be in the process of finding the last one right now. But first, I need a shower and a change of clothes." Akemi looks down her own body and tugs on her T-shirt's neckline with a sigh. "And a shopping tour for clothes soon-ish. I'm really coming after my biological mother at this rate."

18. - Top - End - #48

Lucy was surprised at the sudden conclusion of the training exercise, but admittedly a bit relieved. She stood up out of her half crouched run and began to head toward the room's exit as the terrain around her vanished. Well, at least I didn't get the chance to screw up anything. Lucy lagged behind the other students as they began to funnel towards the door, staring mostly at the ground and continuing to dwell on the bad things that might have happened.

Just then, her thoughts were interrupted by Akemi's friendly gesture. Even though Lucy wasn't in the mood for such things, she couldn't help but smile. She didn't return Akemi's hug or take her eyes off the ground, but she quietly laughed. It was nice to have friends. Before Lucy could think of anything to say, Akemi had already moved ahead and began speaking with Alek. That happened often. Lucy struggled to start conversation, mostly because she over thought things and paralyzed herself with social anxiety. The problem was only intensified when she was dealing with someone as quick thinking as Akemi, but Akemi was understanding and never made her feel bad.

Lucy sped her pace slightly and trailed just behind Alek and Akemi. She was going to try and join the conversation. As soon as she was close enough to hear what was being said, Akemi mentioned needing to go shopping for new clothes. Lucy lunged forward to place herself slightly ahead of her classmates. "If you need to go shopping, I can take you into town. There's a new outfit I've had my eye on and I'd love an excuse to go buy it." She turned and looked at Alek. "If you need anything in town your welcome to come too."

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Akemi chuckles. "Sure, I'd love some company, makes things far less dull. Be warned, though, I'm not the most exciting shopping person, I just need clothes with a better fit and I'm blessed or cursed, depending how you see it, with an eye for what will fit me or not. I've been stuffed into enough dresses to last me a lifetime as a little girl, so the whole trying things on for hours lost its luster long ago for me. Don't let that stop you, though." Another thought crosses her mind, and the girl breathes a sigh of relief. "Boy, I'm so glad I made my suit partially elastic."

20. - Top - End - #50

Alek Stanković, aka Spew

As Akemi began tugging at her shirt and making comments about fitting, Alek looked away trying to hide a blush. Then when Lucy came up and offered to join them, he relented, shrugging his shoulders, "Sure, maybe we can convince the Headmaster to make a day trip out of it. Call it team building or some $h!t. After all I could use some new Onitsuka's, flexible, light weight, good grip. Great for free running." He paused, almost self consciously, "Let's skip the food court though, ok?"

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

"Deal. I can just cook when we get back. It's been a while since I've made Indian or Japanese food, maybe I can find some good curry while out shopping, my supply is running low."
    Last edited by Ridai; 2016-12-09 at 07:34 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Malcolm stands away from the group, trying not to look too much at how easy they got along with each other, talking about going out. The last time he had 'gone out' was when he was nine, before the streets, before his...changes.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

All - Subterrain Meeting Room

Several weeks have passed, and the team has had more time to work together in the training room. The Headmaster and Ms. Amori sit at the head of the table, as the team is gathered around the rest of the long table.

"Kids, I'm sure you're wondering why I called yall here. Well, we've been contacted by an associate of mine, a Dr. Laslow. She's been working out of Triangle Island. For those of ya tha' don' know, it's an ecological reserve. Got all kinds of pretty life out there, real nice. Or, to say, it did. I'm not gonna play ya the video, 'cause frankly, it's pretty disturbin'. Now, Doc and I go aways back, and ya could say we have a humorous relationship. This might all be a prank, but I've yet to get a response from Laslow or the team stationed there. So, I'm sending yall in to do some reconnaissance. Check it out, see what you can see, and report back."

Standing from her chair, Ms. Amori passes out a brief dossier to each student. "We have charted a flight, but since we can't fly you directly there, we've decided it's also a perfect opportunity for you to practice your skydiving skills. Simulations are good, but there will be an aerial insertion. Once landside, try to meet up with the research team, and assess what has or has not happened. Once you have the situation in hand, contact me, and I will extract you." When Ms. Amori hands Akemi her dossier, it is considerably thicker than the others. "And yes Akemi, we know you have questions. Some we can answer, but part of this mission is finding information as a team."
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Malcolm is leaning against the wall at the back of the group. "So, what's so bad about the video?"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

"Avian wildlife reserve, closed to the public and part of the Scott Islands Marine Wildlife Area. Uninhabited, save for a research outpost. At most about 1.5km across," Akemi adds for the benefit of the others as she is rapidly paging through the dossier, barely needing a second to commit double pages to memory, patterns emerging from the informations gained. Malcolm's question covers the most immediate inquiry, so she waits for the answer first.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2017-01-29 at 05:50 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Leaning back in his chair, the Headmaster swivels to look back and forth between Hybrid and Maze. "Well, first, the camera angle was off. Stuff was askew, looked knocked about some. The Doc had, well, either blood or chocolate sauce, on her face. She was breathing heavy, sayin' stuff about 'they are here' and being just overly dramatic. The connection got broken shortly into our chat, and it was never all that clear to begin with."

At the foot of the table, Ms. Amori looks back at the Headmaster with holded arms, and while her eyes may not have rolled, she certainly sighed heavily. "What the headmaster is leaving out is that he sent the doctor a very similar video last year. Most people celebrate April Fools in April, but not these two. Keeps things interesting, or so they say. Regardless, Dr. Laslow is a friend of the Academy, and if something has actually happened to her, it's imperative that we find out what exactly has happened."
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

"The island is small, so we'll likely find out quickly either way, unless there are extensive secret caves or complexes." Whether or not it is just a joke doesn't really matter to Akemi at all (though when she pulls something, she usually has the courtesy not to cause a lot of costs and wasted efforts. Her laptop is already open, looking up current and projected weather conditions on Triangle Island while finishing her read.

"Any noteworthy or likely enemies? Nearby threats usually hidden from the public? Science done other than studying birds?" Akemi casually lists off, but that's just routine. They'll find out once they are on the island.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Returning to her place at the head of the table, Ms. Amori continued. "Enemies, no. Rivals, certainly, but they are researchers. This kind of behavior is highly unlikely to be caused by anyone that we have on our radar. As for what they have been researching, to our knowledge is not extensive. They share pranks more than research, but there is no indication of anything untoward going on. Now, time to suit up. Gather your supplies, put on your training suits, and meet at the hangar in 20 minutes."
    Guide for starting 4E.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Malcolm, being nearest the door, is the first person out. "Calling it now, it's mutants. Ever see that movie from the 90's, Dr Moreau? Big mutant birds."

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Finishing her read and preliminary research, Akemi takes both dossier and laptop with her. Training suits, huh? No field testing of her costume's revised weatherproofing and padding, then, she'll have to do that sometime else.

At Malcolm's comment, Akemi half-smiles and answers "Certainly possible. Perhaps sudden discovery, foulplay, or indeed a prank. I wonder what it'll be."

Exactly twenty minutes later, Akemi arrives at the hangar, dressed in the usuals for training, though having opted for the more outdoors-y set, judging by the jacket and pants she is wearing. She also has her equipment with her, ready to be secured to a parachute. While waiting, she idly projects optimal jump points depending on parachute types, weather conditions, altitude, speed, and a couple other factors.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2017-01-31 at 03:54 AM.