New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: I Know Your Damn Words! [IC, Group #1]

R2T23: Akbar steps into the doorway just far enough to shield himself. He peeks back out and shouts at the barricade, "We are NOT GRAYS. If you guys stop shooting and wait just a couple of minutes, we can go downstairs and fetch the body... or at least the head... of the one we killed, if you want some kind of proof."

R1T22: Björn, what do you do?

Mack on deck (feel free to define Ourolini's action now), Ben in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 17APR2024.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Björn will continue to hold awaiting the response from the guards.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

3. - Top - End - #273

Mack......
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #274
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

"Oh for Pete's sake," yells Mack, "If we were Grays, wouldn't we have already started controlling your minds? I don't think any of you are wearing Zeta wave-blocking head gear, so the fact that you're not already shooting each other is just proof that we aren't them! We should be working together, man! THINK!

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'm attempting to use my Oratory skill as a means of diplomacy. Which would I roll, if I were rolling?
    May you have a rare disease and need an operation that only one surgeon in the world, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine, is able to perform. And may he be unable to perform it because he doesn’t take your insurance. And may that Nobel Laureate be your son.

5. - Top - End - #275

R1T21: "Oh for Pete's sake," yells Mack, "If we were Grays, wouldn't we have already started controlling your minds? I don't think any of you are wearing Zeta wave-blocking head gear, so the fact that you're not already shooting each other is just proof that we aren't them! We should be working together, man! THINK!"
    Spoiler: srgonzo
    Show
    I'll discuss that OOC.

R1T19: "Hold your fire!" calls the captain to his men.

"I don't know anything about mind control, but I'll tell you this. You get three Gray-bodies, and maybe we'll talk cooperation. But we dropped a few ourselves so no less than three - I don't care where they come from or their story. Three. You don't cough up three bodies, you aren't coming this way. If any of you DO start coming this way, we start shooting again. I have people in my care."

He looks aside to his men, but loud enough for all to hear. "Men, anyone comes farther south than that man in the strange uniform that looks like we're seeing triple is currently standing? Drop him. Don't listen for words except from me."

We are in a hold-initiative pattern if you want to parley, and I won't define that by initiative count. However, as soon as people start taking actual action again, we are back into the thick of things at the same count.

Anyone can post ...
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

"We don't want to fight you. All we want is out of this place. We only have access to one Gray stiff at the moment... so maybe another way out of this Mexican standoff is if you know of another exit we can get to without going through you and your people."

Mexico? He vaguely remembers a story he'd heard about a Mexican prison that kind of reminds him of this place. But those guys aren't speaking Spanish. And he's mostly sure that Mexicans are brown, not Gray...
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

If the furnace room is not barred for exploration, Aliendrei will start exploring it again. Once in the dark place, he discovers his eyes are acclimating quite quickly to the darkness...

Show
    Simply shifting to darkvision + saves bonus once inside (and out of sight, consequentially).
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

8. - Top - End - #278

"I know there were reports of some Grays to the north in the washroom. Bring three Gray corpses, and we can talk."
    Show

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

Bangs

Seeing as how the guards seem to be over their startled fright, at least for now, Bangs moves to follow Brother Jaume and Zoo. After checking Zoo's condition, and carefully removing the bolt, Bangs says to Jaume, "I don't think I have enough power left to get him on his feet..." Thinking for a moment of what he felt through his link with Al and Ben when Jaume released what Bangs can only describe as healing radiation earlier, he remembers feeling like he could... touch... that healing, perhaps redirect it somehow from those linked to him and focus it on others that really needed it, but he was too surprised and distracted to try before.

"If you still have one of those... bursts? In you, I may have a way of... focusing, it's effects. It will take a moment to set up, but if it works, Zoo should be much better in moments."

Show
    Plan on using Collective Healing to make one of Jaumes Bursts more efficient though I need a ruling on if I can take what would be considered 'excess healing' I.E. if Jaume is at full HP and part of my collective, can he drop a CLWs on himself and I can transfer that healing to anyone else in the collective? If yes, it should only take a round or so to pick people into my collective (Including Zoo who gets no save due to being unconscious) and then have Jaume pop a channel.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Bangs...? I have a few bursts left and a couple of the concentrated healings. I will try one of those first to try to get Zoo on his feet. If we still have wounded , we should gather together..hey, where's that other guy. Hey! You pox brained idiot, stay with the group!"
    He grumbles a prayer while grasping his holy symbol.

Spoiler: bless you my son
    Show

Brother Jaume swaps Bless for CLW
    (1d8+1)[6]

11. - Top - End - #281

Zoo is brought back to the land of the living, but is still very week.
    Spoiler: Bangs
    Show
    You don't know, do you?
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Gather to me, my companions so that your wounds may be healed"

Spoiler: the power of Erastil heals you
    Show

Brother Jaume waits for people to gather around and then channels energy.
    (1d6)[3]

13. - Top - End - #283

Does everyone outside the boiler room - Bangs, Akbar, and Ben are the only ones, right? - cram into the boiler room?

Aliendrei, I think "pox-brained idiot" was directed at you, but I am not sure. Do you push back towards the group?

Ben says, "Excuse me, please," to the guards and heads into the boiler room.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2016-12-14 at 06:06 AM.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Now that the shooting appears to have stopped, Akbar crosses the hall and joins the others in the boiler room.

15. - Top - End - #285

Does Bangs bounce to the boiler to babble with his buddies?
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

Bangs

Bangs stays near the entrance to the boiler room watching the proceedings, he is not in need of healing and doesn't particularly enjoy being in cramped spaces when he doesn't need to be.

17. - Top - End - #287

Aliendrei, do you halt your nascent exploration to regroup?
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thank you both.", Zoo says as he looks unblinking at the blood pooled below himself.

He retrieves the bolt that struck him and stares at it a bit before placing it in his pack.

Regaining some composure he looks at the group sheepishly "So...what did I miss?"

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Well, they've told us to bring them the bodies of three "greys" that we've killed..." Björn responds, eyeing him with a bit of suspicion.

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Seeing that the others are staying at the entrance, Aliendrei, slightly blinded by the outside light, returns to his comrades while returning to his original form.

"Then we go back outside and try to find some more greys?"
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

Bangs

"Well... assuming the guards have no reason to lie to us, there should be some greys in the laundry room north of us." Bangs starts as the group begins to show signs of moving on, "Honestly I find the casual way we can discuss killing other intelligent life, disturbing, but, maybe there is a reason we awoke in an asylum."

Shaking his head clear of doubts Bangs gestures for the others to take the lead, "Let's be off, the sooner we can escape this place the better I'll feel."

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Björn will head back out in the hall and start in the northerly direction looking for the laundry room.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Everyone stay together. Move. Bjorn go slow so the party can regroup in the hall. I am almost out of strength to heal, so take caution. Defense first". Brother Jaume grins as he pulls Zoo to his feet.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Björn turns back and looks at the group..."Maybe we should stay here and rest for a while first?"

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

"I won't argue if everyone wants to rest, but we're all anxious to escape."

To Bangs Zoo says "We all saw what that one did to the people in the dungeon. If the rest are like that then maybe we'd be doing the right thing."

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

Bangs

"Right or wrong isn't the point, I merely find our attitudes to be strange and maybe a hint as to who we are." Bangs responds with a shrug to Zoo before turning to Björn, "I would rather not rest here until we get rid of those Greys. The chance of them attacking us isn't zero after all, and if they are able to catch us sleeping they might try and take one of our places."

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Björn will nod and turn back to heading north.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Akbar finds a large, broken off screw on the floor of the boiler room to use as a more substantial 'torch.' He illuminates it and follows the rest of the group...

29. - Top - End - #299

First of all, however large the room itself might be, this is not a room one can "rest" in ... especially the lot of you.

Next, Brother Jaume had channeled energy ... enough to fully heal Al and give a little more succor to the still-badly-wounded Zoo and Ben.

As the one man walks out and the priest calls to him and Bangs babbles, Akbar uses the coin (or whatever it was before) to try and find some other less conspicuous and more handy object upon which to put a conspicuous light spell. To his chagrin, despite the incredible disarray of the rest of the place thus far ... the floor of the boiler room is incredibly well kept. He doesn't find anything in this room to grab. Clever as he is he looks among the pipes by the wall since that would be harder for someone to clean and he thinks he does see something. He stoops down to have a look at a couple metal bars. It comes to his memory what these bars are ... some type of alchemical item that if you strike it makes incredibly bright light. It's as if his desires for a lit object manifested itself! There are two of them, and they rolled underneath a boiler. Akbar realizes he is too large to be able to get in there, but he is captivated by some type of ... light. He catches a glimpse of glowing eyes and writhing face tendrils when there is a high-pitched squeaking sound!

Begin Surprise Round ...

R1T21:
    A tiny creature rushes forth to attack the surprised Akbar who manages to just pull his head back in time. Light comes from the creature's eyes, and his currently lit coin and an area surrounding Akbar's whole body seems to have some glow.

R1T11: An R.O.U.S. likewise rushes forth from under the boiler and bites Akbar on the ankle for 2.

R1T9: Akbar, this is what attacked you ... you have no idea what it is. It is actually smaller than the picture - about the size of a house cat, whereas the rats are the size of small dogs.
    Spoiler: Glowy Eyes Mole-Rat
    Show

This is a surprise round, so you only have one action (but you were not surprised). There was another rat hiding under the boiler that hadn't gone yet. What do you do?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2016-12-18 at 05:25 AM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Akbar jumps back from the creatures, holds out one hand and sends a spray of dazzling sparks in their direction...

"HEY! BAD THINGS ATTACKING IN HERE!"

Spoiler
    Show
    5' step away from rats (if possible) and cast Color Spray, trying to hit as many rats as possible but making sure to hit the odd-looking one.
    (If I have to choose between the 5' and the spell... definitely the spell.)