New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: I Know Your Damn Words! [IC, Group #1]

The big man continues to try and grab the struggling Doctor.
    "The keys dammit! Grab her keys!" he shouts at his cell mates.

Spoiler: get over here
    Show

attempts a grapple maneuver as before through the bars.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

R4T18: The big man reaches through the bars and grabs the struggling Doctor, who in turn seems to reflexively shift form - albeit still held. "She" is now some type of humanoid with gray skin, a narrow head, and a sinister, noseless face. None of you know what it is, but you do see that its hands are now powerful, clawed things and she/it drops the half-shears. Oddly, though some type of shapechanger (or so it would seem), her/its clothes are still worn.

"The keys dammit! Grab her keys!" he shouts at his cellmates.

R4T17.9: Björn, what do you do?

Bloodied man on deck, doctor (currently grappled, but not longer seeming dazed) in the hole, Aliendrei delaying ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 17APR2024.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Björn, seeing the woman change her shape, screams and jumps back from this bizarre sight. Acting reflexively, some sort of ectoplasm comes, seemingly from nowhere and forms around his body in what appears to be plate armour.

Witnessing this happening to himself causes him to jump further back and bounce into the wall in shock and yell out again.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

4. - Top - End - #34

R4T17.9: Björn, seeing the woman change her shape, screams and jumps back from this bizarre sight. Acting reflexively, some sort of ectoplasm comes, seemingly from nowhere and forms around his body in what appears to be plate armour. Witnessing this happening to himself causes him to jump further back and bounce into the wall in shock and yell out again.

For the "armour literate," this seems to be a highly complex, masterwork suit of half-plate. Many of the vital areas have additional thickness, and it is reticulated enough to offer protection to the joints. Once Björn has stepped back, he senses two things: first, an adrenaline boost (that's the CON bonus); and second, there is a sense that the armor is yet "unfinished" in some way, and he has a mental connection to it. Yes, he might be frightened by it, but it is filling him with boundless energy, though it does limit his mobility some.

R4T17.8: The bloodied man, flanking the grappled doctor, snatches the keys off the monster's belt and tosses the keys to Bangs' feet right there at the bars of his cell.

R4T17.5: The doctor - though now seens as a genderless grey monster than a woman - possesesses enormous strength, but she/it still can't escape Jomah's grip.

R4T17: Bangs, the keys are now at your feet. What do you do?

Akbar (currently giving the doctor the painful stare) on deck, Mack and his viper in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Bangs

Seeing the keys drop to his feet, Bangs hurriedly grabs them and starts trying them on the lock of his cell.

6. - Top - End - #36

R4T17: Seeing the keys drop to his feet, Bangs hurriedly grabs them and starts trying them on the lock of his cell. He manages to unlock his cell. The door is not open, but it is unlocked.

R4T16: Akbar, you are currently doing the stare-whammy on the ... whatever it is/ doctor. What do you do?

Mack and his viper on deck, Zoo in the hole, Aliendrei delaying ...
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

The @#%$@$ is THAT?!

Looking at the creature that used to be the jailer, Akbar wonders if this place is a torture chamber... or a kitchen.
    Well, whatever he's doing seems to be working, so he'll keep working until that thing stops moving...

Spoiler
    Show
    Ear Piercing Scream vs. Jailer Thing w/Painful Stare
    Damage (1d6)[5]
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

8. - Top - End - #38

R4T16: The @#%$@$ is THAT?!

Looking at the creature that used to be the jailer, Akbar wonders if this place is a torture chamber...or a kitchen. Well, whatever he's doing seems to be working, so he'll keep working until that thing stops moving. Once again, the creature reels (though in this form) and it seems like it might be off-kilter again.

R4T15: Mack, unless you have a different command for your viper, it will continue to attack. What do you do?

Zoo on deck, Aliendrei (delaying) in the hole ...
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

The Zoo-dog uses its massive tongue to lick up some of the blood on its face.

Eager to get into the fight and escape the cell it leans its shoulder into the celldoor, hoping to force the lock.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Once again, the dog was first in action, and it somehow tinged oddly in Aliendrei's head... as if there were some odd rivalty.

As this thought creeped inside his mind, so did somehow his skin on his body. His arms slightly elongated, becoming far thinner as claws started to appear where his hands were, while his face partly turned into a muzzle as his teeth turned his mouth into a vicious jaw. At the same time, sprouts of hair appeared in some places on his body...

Once those changes ended, he started applying his newfound weapons to good use, biting and clawing at the most fragile parts of the door.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Switching to my animalistic shape too, with bite and claws, and I'm gonna strike whatever I can at the door. I'm kinda sure it's useless, but here is an attack roll (for bite, pretty sure the claws can't pass hardness)

(1d20+3)[4]
    (1d6+2)[5]
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

11. - Top - End - #41

R4T15.5: Once again, the dog was first in action, and it somehow tinged oddly in Aliendrei's head... as if there were some odd rivalry.

As this thought creeped inside his mind, so did somehow his skin on his body. His arms slightly elongated, becoming far thinner as claws started to appear where his hands were, while his face partly turned into a muzzle as his teeth turned his mouth into a vicious jaw. At the same time, sprouts of hair appeared in some places on his body...

Once those changes ended, he started applying his newfound weapons to good use, biting and clawing at the most fragile parts of the door, but good use ends quickly as the bite against a hinge - a thick casing of metal against enamel - does 6 to Aliendrei, hurting so badly with cracked teeth (possibly two shattered) that he can't use his attack again right away. (DM will inform you when your bite is available again.)

R4T15: Mack, unless you have a different command for your viper, it will continue to attack. What do you do?

Zoo on deck (action declared and pending), Brother Jomah in the hole ...
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

"Bite her some more!"
    May you have a rare disease and need an operation that only one surgeon in the world, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine, is able to perform. And may he be unable to perform it because he doesn’t take your insurance. And may that Nobel Laureate be your son.

13. - Top - End - #43

R4T15: "Bite her some more!" shouts Mack, keeping himself safely in the back of the cell. The viper moves in and bites again for 2, though it is unknown if she suffers from poison or not. It is NOT lost to Mack's keen eyes and knowledge that the bite of the snake was incredibly powerful for its size, and it is a curious phenomenon that it should do so well.

R4T14.5: The Zoo-dog uses its massive tongue to lick up some of the blood on its face. Eager to get into the fight and escape the cell it leans its shoulder into the cell door, hoping to force the lock, but these bars were made to hold those with the strength of ten men and they keep true.

End Round 4, Begin Round 5 ...

R5T18:
    Brother Jomah, you are grappling the gray doctor. What do you do?

Björn on deck, former torture victim in the hole ...
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

The big man maintains his grip on the grey thing and pulls it into the bars, pinning it.

Spoiler
    Show

maintain grapple check to pin
    (1d20+10)[28]

15. - Top - End - #45

R5T18: The big man maintains his grip on the grey thing and pulls it into the bars, pinning it.

R5T17.9: Björn, the big man has successfully pinned the doctor against the bars, face/chest first. What do you do?

Torture victim on deck, doctor in the hole ...
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Seeing an opportunity, Björn closes and drawing back one of his huge mitts and throws a punch between the bars...

Spoiler: Read between the lines...
    Show
    To hit: (1d20+5)[19]

Dmg: (1d3+4)[6]

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

17. - Top - End - #47

R5T17.9: Seeing an opportunity, Björn closes and drawing back one of his huge mitts he throws a punch between the bars to crunch in the strange grey creature's face for 6, causing her/it to go limp in the bearded man's grip.

R5T17.8: The former torture victim rears back with a foot and performs a coup de grace by kicking her/it in the back of the neck with a resounding crack. Its strange eyes go buggy and its head falls backwards some.

Combat Ends ...

Do people keep trying to smash cells, or trust that a) someone can just open the unlocked door, or b) trust someone will come to unlock their cell?

What's the overall plan here? Several sacks in front of a door to the east. To the west the room opens up some and goes south out of sight.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"I thought I saw keys... Somewhere... Wait... Maybe not... Did I imagine... No... Keys. I saw keys... Look around for the keys..."

He looks frantically around the ground outside the cell.

19. - Top - End - #49

No keys there ...
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

The big man releases the limp form of the creature with disgust.
    "Who's got the keys? Let us out!"

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

The Zoo-dog barks loudly at the big man's words and sits its hindquarters on the cell floor. It looks at the others like an average hound waiting for a treat, its mangy tail wagging quickly.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Bangs

Staring wide-eyed at his cell-mate, both for his transformation he didn't really notice before with his attention caught on the keys, and for his rabidness in attacking an unlocked door, Bangs cautiously moves forward and opens the door before stepping back for a bit afraid that the man may barrel him over in his bid for release.

Bangs then moves out of the cell and says rather sheepishly, "E-Everyone! Please calm down and s-stop hurting yourselves. I am coming around with the keys now!" True to his words, Bangs goes around to the cells and unlocks them, though when passing Ben, he dips his head and says, "T-thank you for stopping..." His eyes dart over to the doctor's corpse and with a shudder he mutters, "Whatever that was..."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Once his cell is open, Akbar walks over to the body, looking for anything that might be a clue about what's going on. An identifying badge, papers, a wallet... he's not sure what it might be. But for now he's only looking, not touching that thing... He turns to the small crowd forming between the cells.

"Can anyone here remember how they got here? Or who these, uh, people are?"
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Björn barrels past everyone and starts searching the sacks to the NE...

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

The strange wolf-man places his hand near his bloodied mouth.

"I'm fine. I just somehow failed to notice the opened door. Must be this strange shape."

Half his words are spitted more than pronounced due to his hurt teeth.

"Shall we look for some things to keep evading?"
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

26. - Top - End - #56

The assumption is that everyone is out of their cell. Also, a minute after it was brought forth into the world, the viper will disappear.

For his part, the victim realizes he over-exerted himself. Though it was the site of his misery, he figures the torture table is better than lying on the cold floor and he just crawls onto it and lies down, his strength fast leaving him with his adrenaline.

The sacks ... there are eight various containers, mostly sacks, and most of them have some type of picture associated with them in charcoal, and possibly carefully done print.

The first sack has a simplistic drawing - a human figure surrounded by branches. Otherwise, the sack swells with what must be a large, oblong shield in there.
    Spoiler: Aliendrei, Brother Jomah, Björn
    Show
    This is the holy symbol for the mystery cult of Olheon.
    Spoiler: Aliendrei
    Show
    You have a innate sense of deep reverence for this symbol, but you don't know why.

Sack #2 ... Very strange type of material and stitching, and in a rectangular form. Its meaning and type is unknown to all ...
    Spoiler
    Show

Sack #3 .... isn't adorned with any drawing. Rather, around the drawcords there is an item of hard plastic that bears nothing but a simple logo.
    Spoiler: The Logo
    Show

Sack #4 ... has a wide piece of cloth - about the size of an outstretched hand - tied to its cords.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: Mack
    Show
    This is the emblem of the Catalan peoples, mainly Catalonia of Spain but also part of southern France as well.

Sack #5 ... has the picture of a codex. On the front of the codex is a picture of a key facing downwards, handle towards the top. The key handle is a bulging eye behind the hollow gold loop, and it looks like no eye any of you can quite name. Down by the functional part of the key, printed is "V." to the left of the key and "S." to the right. Nobody knows what this symbol means.

Sack #6 ... is a really crude, cartoonish picture of a castle with a dragon and maiden atop it and a knight on horseback riding towards the thing with a lance. Under the picture are the words: "Fantasy Fæstning Speciale Spil Butik"
    Spoiler: Bangs, Björn, Mack
    Show
    It's Danish, and it means "Fantasy Fortress Specialty Game Shop"

Sack #7 ... isn't a sack, but large, long footlocker (sans a lock, currently, so simply clasped shut). It has a whole lot of stickers on it, seemingly from all manner of places, and it is extremely well-traveled as much in its forlorn condition as the many travel stickers on it. Still, prominently printed in multi-colored letters on the top of the steamer is the following:
    أكبر "ومذهلة" قيزليباش

Spoiler: Akbar, Aliendrei
    Show
    It's Arabic, and it reads: Akbar "the Amazing" Qizilbash

Finally, Sack #8 ... there is a seal well-embroidered here.
    Spoiler
    Show

Zoo instantly recognizes that as the seal of the most prestigious cooking school in all of France.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2016-11-07 at 03:22 AM.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

As he seems to understand the writing on the sack, and the others do not seem familiar, Björn will open #6 and look through it's contents...

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"Ish anyone here named Askbar? If that's the case, that sack is his."

He points toward the multicolored sack, then approaches what he supposes to be his sack, before opening it, whispering something he hope is a prayer to this Olheon.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Zoo reluctantly turns back to his human form before heading over to the victim on the table.

"This man needs help, can anyone heal him?"
    Zoo tries his best to make bandages from the dead creature's outfit. "Maybe there's a kit in one of the bags?"

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SwordChucks View Post
    Zoo reluctantly turns back to his human form before heading over to the victim on the table.

"This man needs help, can anyone heal him?"
    Zoo tries his best to make bandages from the dead creature's outfit. "Maybe there's a kit in one of the bags?"
    Looking up at the beast... or where the beast was... Björn shakes his head...
    "I swear you were just a... No... I must have been imagining... What do you mean "heal" him... No one here looks like a Doctor here...And even if there were, those wounds would take weeks to..." he trails off and looks into space for a few seconds before returning to his search of the sack.