New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: I Know Your Damn Words! [IC, Group #1]

That leaves one sack remaining, and it is one that isn't really a "sack" but is a large rolling trunk. Ben uneasily goes over to it (still significantly wounded) and then seems to put in a three-digit combination more out of rote than out of thought, a combination that is part of the trunk itself rather than an added padlock. He takes a quick look inside and then shuts it.

"If you don't mind," he says to the group. "I am going to address my modesty while I dress myself around the corner."

He then rolls his trunk behind him around the corner and out of sight. Is anyone going to bother him or peek in on him while he changes?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I doubt someone would, but I have to ask in case we have any contrary, force-of-chaos players in the group. Note, "force-of-chaos" does not mean CN alignment.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2016-11-10 at 12:50 AM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 17APR2024.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Brother Jaume waits for Ben to return before performing another healing burst. If Ben is still injured, Jaume will try to focus his healing power on Ben in one concentrated effort. He places both huge hands on the sides of Ben's face and chants in a loud voice, "Father, heal this man's wounds so that he may again walk in your light and spread good will and friendship amongst your children and bring your enemies low. Amen!"

Spoiler: healing hands
    Show

Channel positive energy [rol]1d6[/roll]
    Swap out Mighty fist of the earth for cure light
    (1d8+1)[2]

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

Bangs

Changing clothes where he is, whether out of fear of separating from the others for any length of time or from a lack of shame is uncertain, but Bangs quickly dons some comfortable looking clothing. It doesn't appear to be proper attire for roughing it in the wild, much less escaping the insanity they find themselves in, but it does look appropriate to Bangs with his bookish appearance complete with eyeglasses. Though it is rather difficult to see his glasses or his eyes at all for that matter for his titular bangs which covers the top half of his head like a curtain. The rest of him isn't too much to mention, pretty average in height and weight, perhaps leaning on the lighter side, with long delicate fingers ill befitting a man but likely useful for dexterous work. Also, despite others noticing their, inhumane qualities, Bangs appears as a normal, run of the mill, Homo Sapiens.

Spoiler: Picture
    Show

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thank you brother, I'm starting to feel better now."

Zoo ponders what sorts of ingredients might be edible around here as he changes into surprisingly more tattered clothes than the ones he was wearing. He seems entirely unconcerned with being seen changing.

He stores his prisoner garb in his fine backpack and begins searching the room for exits.

Zoo has long matted black hair pulled behind his head and held there with a mix of grime and willpower (think Raditz from DBZ with shorter hair). He carries no weapons or armor and seems to be wearing a ruined straitjacket. His wiry muscles flex as he straps his backpack in place. He scuttles about the room in short fits as he inspects it, occasionally talking to an unseen presence in hushed whispers.

5. - Top - End - #95

Quote Originally Posted by SwordChucks View Post
    He stores his prisoner garb in his fine backpack and begins searching the room for exits.
    Ben had gone around the bend on the far side of the room, but the sacks and trunks and parcels were right by a door.

Ben will come back around a little more than a minute later.
    Spoiler: What Ben is wearing...
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk101 View Post
    If Ben is still injured, Jaume will try to focus his healing power on Ben in one concentrated effort. He places both huge hands on the sides of Ben's face and chants in a loud voice, "Father, heal this man's wounds so that he may again walk in your light and spread good will and friendship amongst your children and bring your enemies low. Amen!"
    Ben receives 2 healing, but it still seems like it didn't do that much.
    Spoiler: Brother Jaume
    Show
    You have no spells prepared, so nothing was swapped out. However, you aren't "empty," either, so all slots (except Domain slots, which are empty at this time) are CLW slots. No orisons are prepared.

Also, touching Ben on his cheek ... something doesn't match up with what you see and what you feel. His skin feels cold and scaly, but his face looks pliant and healthy (beyond a severe wounding issue).

When Brother Jaume prayed over Ben, he touched his symbol - a downwards facing bow - that is pinned to his cloak.
    Spoiler: Mack
    Show
    Top to bottom, you know a lot about the religion of Erastil.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #96
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

"Jaume, do you have a copy of the Parables? I've been meaning to add it to my collection of scriptures, but I've never quite gotten around to it. If I can get my hands on a book, I'd love to copy it. Is yours illuminated? If it is, I'd love to look at the illuminations. I'm told some of the illuminations actually contain hidden messages. Some people believe they're from Old Deadeye, as though they were inspired by the god himself. Other people seem to believe that the messages reveal the means to summon Erastil's servants. Are you familiar with the practice of your faith in other places? I'd be interested in seeing how that practice changes based on terrain."

Mack starts looking for a notebook, but as all he has is his formula book, he starts writing in the opposite direction as his formulae.
    May you have a rare disease and need an operation that only one surgeon in the world, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine, is able to perform. And may he be unable to perform it because he doesn’t take your insurance. And may that Nobel Laureate be your son.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Mack, is it? With everything that has happened, I don't know what I know. Frankly, it's all a jumble in here" he knocks his temple. "Erastil? Sounds familiar but I have no books in my bag to share with you. I do feel a strong connection to some force for good but I will need to pray for further guidance"

He pauses and grasps his holy symbol and closes his eyes.
    [spoiler]
    try the healing burst again since I screwed up the roll equation last time.
    (1d6)[1]
    [/spoiler]

8. - Top - End - #98

This time, it isn't impressive. A bare modicum of healing energy is given to the wounded, not enough to top anyone off.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Books? How... How can you talk about books right now? We need... We must... get out of here... How do we know this... thing... does not have allies who have put us... here... We must escape! He starts moving towards the door...
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

10. - Top - End - #100

What does he intend to do once he gets to the door?
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

He will listen carefully to see if he can hear any noises from the other side. If it seems quiet, he will try the doorknob as slowly and quietly as he can, and open it just enough to try to get a look at what's on the other side.

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

12. - Top - End - #102

Roll a Will saving throw.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Of course. Should remember that in this game, looking is more dangerous than fighting...

Spoiler: Will you save?
    Show
    Will save, assuming this is not against charm or compulsion: (1d20+3)[18]

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Kjære Gud..." and he shuts the door, backing away, his hand over his mouth. Björn crosses to a corner of the room and hunches down, staring at the floor...

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Akbar organizes as much of the contents of the box as he can and stuffs them into a smaller satchel. He steps briefly into one of the cells to change into some of the more comfortable... and somehow more familiar... clothes he'd found inside. He saves the prison uniform. He can't imagine ever wearing it again, but it might be useful as scraps. Holding another item from the box, a walking stick that is much heavier than it looks, he walks over to the gathering at the door. From the look on Bjorn's face, the news is not good...
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

16. - Top - End - #106

Spoiler: Ben's Uniform
    Show
    I just realized that I hadn't properly described Ben. For simplicity's sake, he wears the Dress 'A' uniform of a colonel in U.S. Army Air Force (c. 1940s).

His "primary badge" is located at the top of the stack of colorful ribbons and looks like this ...

He has another set of wings below the "pocket cuff" of the pocket above which the ribbons on his left chest are placed.

There is a patch on his left shoulder that looks like this ...

The man himself is a 6'1" but quite trim and slender at a mere 150 pounds. He appears to be around 50 or so, but in excellent health. His hair is dark brown and short, though starting to curl. He has many bits of grey hairs sprinkled in as well, especially around the temples. He is clean-shaven. He is a raffishly handsome, middle-aged man ... and must have been particularly devastating to the hearts of the fairer sex when he was younger. His eyes are a medium brown. Though not wearing any armor, he does have a whip on his belt. Much less formal than the obvious formal type of clothing he wears is the high-quality rucksack on metal frame he wears at his back. It seems packed with gear. Indeed, he is carrying 35 pounds worth of battle-rattle.

Ben stoops down some, using someone's shoulder and arm to help him down (he is still badly wounded, though his wounds are hidden by clothing now). He looks at the young Dane. "What did you see, son?"
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Kropp... Bodies... Everywhere..." He shakes his head and tries to stand...

18. - Top - End - #108

You help each other stand back up. Ben looks to Bangs and tepes.
    Spoiler: Ben >>> Bangs (telepathy)
    Show
    "You're a vitalist. Your collective with me and the natural healing power are the giveaway, and it seems like you have a connection with a hospital and working around the broken - and likely dead. You probably have the strongest mind here. Are you willing to peek outside to these bodies Björn mentioned and report?"
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

Bangs

Spoiler: Bangs>>>>Ben (Telepathy)
    Show
    "I'll do it, if only because it seems to be the only way out of here, but when we have time later I need to have a talk with you and try to understand this whole vitalist business... and how you can perform telepathy... speaking of which, can you even hear this?"

Moving to the door, Bangs mutters mostly to himself, "How bad can it be right? I supposedly had training in the medical field, surely I had to do cadaver labs right?" before opening the door enough for him to take a look outside.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Crossing to Bangs with an outstretched hand... "No don't..."

21. - Top - End - #111

HalflingRangerGuy

"Ouro, protect me!" Mack gets as many people between him and the door as he can.
    May you have a rare disease and need an operation that only one surgeon in the world, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine, is able to perform. And may he be unable to perform it because he doesn’t take your insurance. And may that Nobel Laureate be your son.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Zoo stands up straight, trying to mentally prepare himself for the sight that has Bjorn so upset. He tries to recall the scents of spices to calm himself.

23. - Top - End - #113

Spoiler: Ben >>> Bangs (Telepathy)
    Show
    "'Hear?' No. Receive? Yes."

Bangs opens the door. Mack (by sense of RP, even if not explicit in player's description) doesn't look.

A broad chute extends diagonally through one of this cellar’s half-crumbled stone walls. Beneath it lies heaped more than a dozen mutilated humanoid bodies. Nearby, a flight of rickety, wooden steps climbs toward the high ceiling—an escape none of the room’s current occupants (as in, the dead bodies) seem capable of employing. The smell of rot and decay in the room is nearly overwhelming, and the buzz of flies hangs in the air.

Spoiler: ALCON
    Show
    I need everyone except Bjorn (he already did his rolls) to make two rolls ... here in IC, please, not OOC, and in Spoilers. First, a Will save. Second, a 1d6. A successful Will save vs. a DC 12 means you will only take 1 Sanity damage, whereas a failure means you take the result of the 1d6.

The Will save is vs. mind-affecting effects. NO other save types are assumed/ included for bonuses (enchantment, compulsion, charm, fear, whatever) ... just straight-up mind-affecting.

Mack, I do need you to make the roll for Ourolini. However, do not roll for yourself (yet).

Welcome to your first Sanity check, people! (The dead "doctor" was the first, but I rolled that one.)
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2016-11-14 at 01:04 PM.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Saves
    Show
    (1d20+6)[23]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]

Whoops forgot the / there.
    Last edited by SwordChucks; 2016-11-14 at 01:20 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Bangs

Spoiler: Sanity Check
    Show
    Will: (1d20+6)[19]
    Sanity: (1d6)[5]

Quickly throwing his sleeve over his mouth and nose, Bangs is somewhat grateful that he likely hasn't eaten in a while, else it may threaten to spill out at this stench. Yeah this is quite different from cadaver labs... for one, the bodies would smell of formaldehyde not rot. Turning back to the others, Bangs says through his sleeve, "Everyone, if you can find some cloth to cover your mouth and nose in here, and don't touch any of the bodies... there are a lot of decaying bodies in here."

Moving forward enough to inspect some of the nearest bodies without touching them, Bangs tries to determine what the cause of death is and if the doctor was responsible for all of this, or if a more terrifying monster lies in their future.
    Last edited by bcool999; 2016-11-14 at 01:28 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: sanity
    Show

Sorry didn't want to double post.
    (1d6)[5]

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Gasping at the shear disregard for life, Brother Jaume grabs the wall to steady himself and collect his wits.
    Spoiler: cripes, what died in here?
    Show

(1d20+6)[16]

28. - Top - End - #118

HalflingRangerGuy

Ourolini recoils, twitches and snarls as if to say "Another fine mess you've got me in!"

Spoiler: Ourolini's Roll
    Show
    (1d20)[19]
    (1d6)[3]

29. - Top - End - #119

Mack put a massive amount of faith in a much mentally weaker creature to protect him. When Ourolini sees the pile of bodies, though, the shared psychic link still feeds back to his master and when Mack opens his eyes he is already prepared. Still, it is a dreadful scene and he still takes 1 sanity (as do Zoo, Bangs, B-J, and B-V).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Still waiting on Swami Monsoon and silphael to roll sanity.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Akbar stares at the pile of bodies. For once he is at a loss for a witty response
    "We were going to be on that pile... I wonder why they even bothered with the cells and the uniforms?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Sanity
    (1d20+1)[21]
    (1d6)[3]
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"