New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: I Know Your Damn Words! [IC, Group #1]

"I think I might have been the only one to go around the corner when I changed," says Ben. "But this is the trash drop down for trash to be incinerated. It might even have served as a coal chute or the like at one time. Around the corner, in the cellar, there was a cold furnace ... unlit, but lots of scorched bone fragments showed it was used as a makeshift crematorium of late as well."

Ben goes to the door and looks to the others. "When you're ready."

When people seem ready, he opens the door. Trampled flowerbeds lie smeared and squashed across this muddy courtyard. On all sides, stark gray walls climb toward a narrow gap of sunless sky. An external wall goes down 45' to the south, but immediately to the right of the door out of the service room is another door that goes back inside. What do you do?
    Spoiler: Courtyard
    Show
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 17APR2024.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Looking at the other door Björn mutters "We just got out... I don't think we should go back in... But why were we here? And where is here? Where is home? WHO AM I?" He starts to look panicked and glances around at everyone while backing up to the wall...
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

3. - Top - End - #183
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

"If we could answer all of those questions, we would have, but I have confidence that we'll remember who we are as time passes. As to the other questions, we just have to keep our eyes and ears open," Mack says.
    May you have a rare disease and need an operation that only one surgeon in the world, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine, is able to perform. And may he be unable to perform it because he doesn’t take your insurance. And may that Nobel Laureate be your son.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Brother Jaume rumbles. "I see only one exit to this courtyard. Let's keep together and stay moving. Stay on your guard and watch each other's backs."
    He nods to Bjorn to check the door and readies his weapon.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: I have the dumb
    Show
    Nevermind me, I forgot that I need CL5 for flight. Zoo can only glide right now. My bad.

Zoo falls in line behind the others, eager to escape.
    Last edited by SwordChucks; 2016-11-30 at 04:52 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BuckGodot View Post
    Looking at the other door Björn mutters "We just got out... I don't think we should go back in... But why were we here? And where is here? Where is home? WHO AM I?" He starts to look panicked and glances around at everyone while backing up to the wall...
    "According to Ben you are Björn Vinter, now calm down and be quiet," Bangs hisses at the panicky man, "There were far too many bodies not nearly decomposed enough down there for only one of those doctor creatures to be here."

"I don't suppose your telepathy includes sensing others does it? Some forewarning might save our lives here." Bangs tepes to Ben as he examines the ground, maybe dragging all those corpses would leave a trail in the dirt giving some idea as to where they all came from.

7. - Top - End - #187

The courtyard and gardens have too much careless destruction going on that there are no peculiar trails or markings ... it's all a mess.
    Spoiler: Bangs
    Show
    "This is new to me, too, remember. But I don't 'sense' your minds, or any others. You are the one who reached out to me, remember?"

The door, then?
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Björn will pull himself together and make his way to the door. He listens carefully to see if he can hear anything before he slowly and carefully tries the knob.

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

9. - Top - End - #189

Hears nothing. It is unlocked ...
    Show

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Björn will slowly open the door and look inside, placing the door between him and the opening. Peeking around the door, if you will.

11. - Top - End - #191

It's a dark, institutional-type hallway with clutter, but you won't see much because you are blocking your light (courtesy of Akbar).
    Show

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Akbar steps up behind Bjorn and holds out his glowing pebble to give him a better look at the hallway.
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

13. - Top - End - #193

You see the same tiny sliver of cluttered, 10-foot-wide hallway, but not much of it since you are playing the peek-a-boo game. The hallway goes north-south and the doorway is on the east, so you can't effectively see "down the hall."
    Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Björn will step around the door and glance up and down the hall.

15. - Top - End - #195

Spoiler
    Show
    Just for the purpose of completeness, the door opens out into the courtyard, not into the building. Anyway ...

Broken lanterns and several battered doors line this cold, rubble-strewn hall. To the south, a pair of swinging doors lies shattered upon a 4-foot-high heap of wrecked furniture clogging a broad doorframe. It is dark, though light is visible beyond the barricade to the south.

A 3-foot-high barricade of broken furniture and fallen masonry fills a wide, empty doorframe, blocking off the northern portion of this broad hall. Lanterns flicker upon the walls, casting shadows upon several closed doors and beyond the ramshackle barricade. There are four guards there with crossbows now trained on Björn.

"Whoa, there!" one calls to him, and then while still looking at Björn seems to call back to someone, "We got more here!"
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2016-12-01 at 07:55 PM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Stepping back out and shutting the door... "Guards! Four of them! Barricade the door!" He starts looking for something to block the door.

17. - Top - End - #197

Nothing out in the courtyard with which to barricade the door.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Drawing his sword and shield, he will position himself behind the door to surprise them as they emerge. "Ready yourselves!" he says, showing a confidence and strength not previously displayed.

19. - Top - End - #199

"What did you see?" asks Ben.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"I saw four men with crossbows! They saw me and shouted to someone I couldn't see! They'll be coming... To take us back to the cells... Where that... That... Thing..." The confidence he had seems to be melting away...

21. - Top - End - #201

Okay, what does everyone do to get ready? Ben stands back quite a bit from the door to allow you other more derring-do types to dare to do whatever derring-do needs doing.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Not seeing anything nearby with which to block the door, Zoo uses himself.

A pale sickly green light bursts around him and out steps the large dog-thing. It leans a massive shoulder into the door and keeps an eye on the party should they try to leave it behind.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Using a move action to transform into the dog creature without using a spell point. Same as before: large size and lunge on animalistic transformation.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

With the current state of his teeth, Aliendrei tries to make himself more resilient while keeping his claws, standing near the door.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Akbar steps behind Bjorn and awaits further developments...
    "Do Driderettes buy their legwarmers in bulk?"

25. - Top - End - #205
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Mack moves away from the door and says: "Ouro, defend me."
    May you have a rare disease and need an operation that only one surgeon in the world, the winner of the Nobel Prize for Medicine, is able to perform. And may he be unable to perform it because he doesn’t take your insurance. And may that Nobel Laureate be your son.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

"Stand fast, friends. These villains will not find us easy prey!"

27. - Top - End - #207

Ouro gets in front of Mack, who likely stands back a little (it is crowded, y'know). Though Al's mouth is feeling better, he is a bit more conservative with his shifting.
    Spoiler: Aliendrei
    Show
    Sorry, when the battle ended against the doctor, I stopped looking at conditions ... including letting you know that your bite is now fine. It was only OOC for a few rounds.

The party, with greater preparation and purpose than their losses or feeling off-kilter with the scary dream-man or the supernatural doctor, shall not be taken unawares this time ... shall not be faced with disadvantage ... shall not be ... not be ...

... Nothing happens. Nobody comes.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

Bangs

Feeling like a sweat drop is going down the side of his head at these preparations for battle, Bangs clears his throat and asks Björn, "We are sure that they are hostile correct? There is no chance that like us they are caught in a horrid situation? Were they even chasing you?!?" Trying to calm himself at his companion's instability, Bangs moves close to the doorway and shouts down it, "Excuse me, may we know who you are and what are your intentions?"

29. - Top - End - #209

Bangs will, of course, have to open the door as well.

"This is Captain Vaustin York, in charge of the survivors. And we have a lot of kills to our credit if you try anything. Who are you claiming to be, as if we didn't know what you were anyway? Show yourself, you dirty Gray!"
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2016-12-02 at 07:21 PM.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"Gray? You think it's about the pseudo doctor? Should we bring them the corpse? That would prove that we aren't it..."

When saying that, he turns back to his original form. Better not provoke those guards...
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.